As it says above. Starts at 12 noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news!

DarlingtonHibee
25-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Coming on now

hibbyfraelibby
25-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Grant Stott also on...very Hibby slant today.

Frazerbob
25-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Tam Cowan just said he’d be buying one of our NHS tops and said we’re a club ‘he has a lot of time for’.

gaz1875
25-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Tam Cowan just said he’d be buying one of our NHS tops and said we’re a club ‘he has a lot of time for’.

He's said similar about Hertz :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
25-04-2020, 11:53 AM

Cowan is often unfairly painted as a bit of a Hearts sympathiser because he did the gig for FOH. Nobody ever bothers to mention he also carried out the same service for Motherwell (obviously as it is his team) and Dundee both times they were in bother. He just seems like a guy who loves Scottish football and he gets a kick out of winding people up.

Him and Cosgrove work. Cowan plays the fool and is a bit old school and not very PC, Cosgrove is a smart guy and plays up to the popular opinion that he is a bit pompous.

FilipinoHibs
25-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Cowan is often unfairly painted as a bit of a Hearts sympathiser because he did the gig for FOH. Nobody ever bothers to mention he also carried out the same service for Motherwell (obviously as it is his team) and Dundee both times they were in bother. He just seems like a guy who loves Scottish football and he gets a kick out of winding people up.

Him and Cosgrove work. Cowan plays the fool and is a bit old school and not very PC, Cosgrove is a smart guy and plays up to the popular opinion that he is a bit pompous.

He told the story of the FOH gig, he said at the start let's get the 5-1 pictures out the way. They all came up with their phones. He held up 15 and said this is what you should have been deducted last season you roasters.🤪

Vexhim Hibee
25-04-2020, 12:31 PM
He told the story of the FOH gig, he said at the start let's get the 5-1 pictures out the way. They all came up with their phones. He held up 15 and said this is what you should have been deducted last season you roasters.🤪

I so hope that is true.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Club being painted in a good light at the moment can only mean one thing, Dempster being all over the media everywhere and anywhere..

Pity she wasn't as forthcoming and media friendly when Heckingbottom was going through a disasterous run of results and the fans were looking for her to act.....

tamig
25-04-2020, 01:19 PM
Club being painted in a good light at the moment can only mean one thing, Dempster being all over the media everywhere and anywhere..

Pity she wasn't as forthcoming and media friendly when Heckingbottom was going through a disasterous run of results and the fans were looking for her to act.....
Did she act?

edinburghhibee
25-04-2020, 01:19 PM

[emoji849]

jacomo
25-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Yeah well done let’s reopen old wounds, what a great idea.

Club got plenty of criticism earlier in the season, much of it deserved.

Most importantly, they removed the old management team and moved decisively to replace them.

Don’t be a boring roaster about it.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 01:22 PM
Did she act?

Eventually she did yes but not after people like poor Tracey Smith had to take the flak and abuse hurled at her because our illustrious leader went into a vow of silence...

A token statement from Dempster during the bad run of results giving us the usual lip service would've been sufficent but not a peep........

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Yeah well done let’s reopen old wounds, what a great idea.

Club got plenty of criticism earlier in the season, much of it deserved.

Most importantly, they removed the old management team and moved decisively to replace them.

Don’t be a boring roaster about it.

It is a valid point though wouldn't you say ??

All very well taking the plaudits when things are going well but in her position , she should've taken the flak when things were going wrong.. Instead she hid and passed the buck...

Shrekko
25-04-2020, 01:32 PM
Eventually she did yes but not after people like poor Tracey Smith had to take the flak and abuse hurled at her because our illustrious leader went into a vow of silence...

A token statement from Dempster during the bad run of results giving us the usual lip service would've been sufficent but not a peep........

Says more about the people abusing Tracey Smith- lets be honest.

She acted at the right time - gave him enough time to turn it around but not too much to allow things to become irretrievable.

Kato
25-04-2020, 01:37 PM

A token statement from Dempster during the bad run of results giving us the usual lip service would've been sufficent but not a peep........Is it Dempster's fault that so.w fans felt the need to throw abuse around?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Says more about the people abusing Tracey Smith- lets be honest.

She acted at the right time - gave him enough time to turn it around but not too much to allow things to become irretrievable.

Of course those people were idiots but the lack of communication from Dempster was shambolic and that situation was allowed to breed..

No she never acted at the right time , he should've been sacked long before he actually was.......

matty_f
25-04-2020, 01:44 PM
So now we have a thread about Dempster on Of the Ball, and the good reason for it, being totally unnecessarily taken off topic.

Some might call that trolling.

HFC93
25-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Another potentialy good thread taken completely off topic by a slaver.

PISTOL1875
So now we have a thread about Dempster on Of the Ball, and the good reason for it, being totally unnecessarily taken off topic.

Some might call that trolling.

No difference to the usual every day threads that appear on here wouldn't you say ???

Keith_M
Of course those people were idiots but the lack of communication from Dempster was shambolic and that situation was allowed to breed..

No she never acted at the right time , he should've been sacked long before he actually was.......

I wanted Hecky to get booted much earlier than he was but Hibs decided not to rush into making a decision and to give him a chance.

Lot's of people in power, including at football clubs, do rush into making decisions instead of taking time to consider things properly and it usually doesn't work out well, e.g. Mrs Budge.

Hibs also took time to find his replacement, instead of hiring the first drunk German looking for a job,

I know which kind of leadership I'd rather have.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 01:50 PM
I wanted Hecky to get booted much earlier than he was but Hibs decided not to rush into making a decision and to give him a chance.

Lot's of people in power, including at football clubs, rush into making decisions instead of taking time to consider things properly and it usually doesn't work out well, e.g. Mrs Budge.

Hibs also took time to find his replacement, instead of rushing in to find any old drunk German looking for a job,

I know which kind of leadership I'd rather have.

He was given so much time to sort it out because dempster had taken so much bad press after the way Lennon left she clearly didn't want to have yet another disaster of an appointment on her CV...

Hibs never took time to find his replacement , Jack Ross was interviewed very very quickly after Heckingbottom was binned...

lord bunberry
25-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Anyone know what she said.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2020, 01:55 PM
Anyone know what she said.

I didn’t hear it, would like to know too

Since452

The fans (not all of them) were a disgrace during that period. To Heckingbottom and Dempster. Some of the stuff directed at Leeann was chronic. I don't think she could have done any more. Gave the man a chance to turn it around which was commendable then acted at the right time to get Ross in.

jacomo
It is a valid point though wouldn't you say ??

All very well taking the plaudits when things are going well but in her position , she should've taken the flak when things were going wrong.. Instead she hid and passed the buck...

She took plenty of flak when things were going wrong. I was critical of our comms then too.

Now Hibs are handling things well and she is getting praised for that, rightly so.

Why are you dragging up old debates in a pointless manner?

Marco G
25-04-2020, 02:03 PM
Anyway, to get on topic, she said

Speaking to BBC Scotland's Off the Ball programme, Dempster added: "It might well be that things that even I didn't want to do four or five weeks ago, which is think about playing these games in July or August, I'm now starting to look at that and think thinking is it practical to do that?

"Because if we're not going to have supporters in the stadiums, certainly not in the way we would normally recognise, maybe it's an opportunity for us to complete the league.

"I'm more hopeful in the last week than I have been in the last five or six weeks."

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

StevieC
25-04-2020, 02:03 PM
Came on here to find out what was said, and seemed to have accidentally slipped into an old “sack Heckingbottom” thread ...

matty_f
25-04-2020, 02:04 PM
No difference to the usual every day threads that appear on here wouldn't you say ???

Different enough.

lord bunberry
25-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Anyway, to get on topic, she said

Speaking to BBC Scotland's Off the Ball programme, Dempster added: "It might well be that things that even I didn't want to do four or five weeks ago, which is think about playing these games in July or August, I'm now starting to look at that and think thinking is it practical to do that?

"Because if we're not going to have supporters in the stadiums, certainly not in the way we would normally recognise, maybe it's an opportunity for us to complete the league.

"I'm more hopeful in the last week than I have been in the last five or six weeks."

Thanks.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 02:06 PM
She took plenty of flak when things were going wrong. I was critical of our comms then too.

Now Hibs are handling things well and she is getting praised for that, rightly so.

Why are you dragging up old debates in a pointless manner?

She took plenty of flak and people were wanting answers and where was she to answer these questions ?? Nowhere to be seen.. Not a peep from her on tv , radio or social media.. Head in the sand hoping and praying Hecky would turn it around to save her bacon...

Once aqain , Hibs have some good press and there she is , lapping it all up from the media outlets about how good a job she and the club are doing and how everything is rosy in the garden.. However ,at the first sign of trouble , it's head in the sand and she doesn't want to talk about .. Loyalty points brought the same result as did Lennon's departure and the debacle that was heckingbottom............ No comment..............

Marco G
25-04-2020, 02:07 PM
And sorry, missed this bit out

My position is we we don't really need to call it just now," Dempster said.

"I don't know if it's practical, and I don't know if it's certain that we can finish this league.

"But I think we at least need to try and we need to explore the options. And then if we can't do it, we say, 'We've tried, we've worked with the government, the health authorities, we've looked at the practicalities and it's not going to be achievable, then we'll call it'."

Keith_M
25-04-2020, 02:08 PM
He was given so much time to sort it out because dempster had taken so much bad press after the way Lennon left she clearly didn't want to have yet another disaster of an appointment on her CV...

Hibs never took time to find his replacement , Jack Ross was interviewed very very quickly after Heckingbottom was binned...

I realise you still have a bee in your bonnet about the Lennon situation but it really is time to move on.

I personally am glad we have the leadership that we do now, even though I might disagree with some of their decisions.

matty_f
25-04-2020, 02:09 PM
And sorry, missed this bit out

My position is we we don't really need to call it just now," Dempster said.

"I don't know if it's practical, and I don't know if it's certain that we can finish this league.

"But I think we at least need to try and we need to explore the options. And then if we can't do it, we say, 'We've tried, we've worked with the government, the health authorities, we've looked at the practicalities and it's not going to be achievable, then we'll call it'."

Sensible enough approach, I think it's obvious that the season won't be finished but unless you can evidence it, you'll always have justifiable complaints from those that are on the wrong end of the consequences of that call.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 02:14 PM
I realise you still have a bee in your bonnet about the Lennon situation but it really is time to move on.

I personally am glad we have the leadership that we do now, even though I might disagree with some of their decisions.

I don't have a bee in my bonnet about lennon and his departure but it was a valid issue that was brushed under the carpet because clearly some of the issues that went on would've made her look bad and she clearly doesn't want bad press...

Her tactic of '' lets just bury my head in the sand and it'll be ok in the morning '' is one that's been used on more than one occasion....

Eyrie
25-04-2020, 02:23 PM
I don't have a bee in my bonnet about lennon and his departure but it was a valid issue that was brushed under the carpet because clearly some of the issues that went on would've made her look bad and she clearly doesn't want bad press...

Her tactic of '' lets just bury my head in the sand and it'll be ok in the morning '' is one that's been used on more than one occasion....

So what exactly did you expect Dempster to say?

"We have full confidence in Paul", "Paul knows his jaikit is on a shoogly peg if results don't improve" or "We had to sack him because our Twitter feed was overrun with abuse about him"?

And having complained about her not speaking, why are you trying to distract attention from what she says when she does speak? Isn't what she had to say today about trying to complete the current campaign more relevant?

Wheat Hound
25-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Gregory Campbell, DUP MP on sportsound earlier espousing the sevco view.....WTF??!!!!

Vault Boy
25-04-2020, 02:46 PM

Football CEO caught in 'let's try and avoid negative press about our club' horror! How dare she?!

I think we'll just let the number of folk who agree with you be the referee for this one.

Joe6-2
25-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Gregory Campbell, DUP MP on sportsound earlier espousing the sevco view.....WTF??!!!!

I smell orange

Moulin Yarns
25-04-2020, 02:59 PM

He raised it at Westminster during the week.

Joe6-2
25-04-2020, 03:01 PM
He raised it at Westminster during the week.

Tell him to GTF, mind his own F****** business

jacomo
25-04-2020, 03:35 PM

Take a day off. Or preferably a week.

This WAS discussed to death at the time.

Since452
25-04-2020, 03:36 PM
I think in these trying times the cream has well and truly risen to the top. Hearts threatening legal action and giving players ultimatums, Rangers releasing statements about having evidence etc. Hibs have conducted themselves with absolute class, from the way the club handled deferring of salaries to the players phoning fans to wish them well to thanking the NHS publicly - apparently there is more to come in ways of thanking them at our first game back. Utter class and a lot of that is down to Leeann Dempster. Proud to have her as the CEO. One day we won't and we'll all look back extremely fondly.

The 90+2
25-04-2020, 03:51 PM

Dempster is trying to communicate positive news for us at the moment shouldn’t she do this because of past mistakes?

BS44
25-04-2020, 03:54 PM
The show has now moved to the dogs blowing the league against Kilmarnock on this day 1964, and also as Pat Bonner is on the programme a quick chat about 1986 too 😀

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:06 PM
Dempster is trying to communicate positive news for us at the moment shouldn’t she do this because of past mistakes?

No mate , i don't think she shouldn't do this but I expect her to be forthcoming when things are going badly wouldn't you say ????

You can't just sing from the rooftops when things are going well , gotta take the good with the bad........

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:08 PM
So what exactly did you expect Dempster to say?

"We have full confidence in Paul", "Paul knows his jaikit is on a shoogly peg if results don't improve" or "We had to sack him because our Twitter feed was overrun with abuse about him"?

And having complained about her not speaking, why are you trying to distract attention from what she says when she does speak? Isn't what she had to say today about trying to complete the current campaign more relevant?

I would expect her to come out and say that she understood the fans concerns regarding team results , performances and the management team etc were working towards fixing the problem...

matty_f
25-04-2020, 04:09 PM
I would expect her to come out and say that she understood the fans concerns regarding team results , performances and the management team etc were working towards fixing the problem...

I think she did, iirc. Just not over and over again.

jacomo
25-04-2020, 04:14 PM

Great. I expect you made this point at the time. When it was relevant.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:15 PM

you must've seen something I didn't then.........

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:17 PM
Great. I expect you made this point at the time. When it was relevant.

Yeah i did and a lot of Hibs fans were waiting for some sort of press release from her but nothing was forth coming..

Goes back to my point about burying her head in the sand and hoping the problem would go away....

hibbyfraelibby
25-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Yeah i did and a lot of Hibs fans were waiting for some sort of press release from her but nothing was forth coming..

Goes back to my point about burying her head in the sand and hoping the problem would go away....

Bit like the majority on this thread doing the same in respect of your posts today.🤫🤫🤫

The 90+2
25-04-2020, 04:21 PM
No mate , i don't think she shouldn't do this but I expect her to be forthcoming when things are going badly wouldn't you say ????

You can't just sing from the rooftops when things are going well , gotta take the good with the bad........

Of course she should when it’s going badly, and she was slated for it and quite rightly. No point in revisiting it at the moment though because she’s generating good publicity for us though 👍

Nae point at the moment trying to give her bad with the good. Imo obvs.

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Bit like the majority on this thread doing the same in respect of your posts today.🤫🤫🤫

I do though have arguments to back my posts up wouldn't you say ????

People can bury their heads in the sand if they want to , I am not asking them to comment on them... They can agree or disagree depending on how they feel..

PISTOL1875
25-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Of course she should when it’s going badly, and she was slated for it and quite rightly. No point in revisiting it at the moment though because she’s generating good publicity for us though 👍

Nae point at the moment trying to give her bad with the good. Imo obvs.

it however is not a one off though is it ?? It a re-occurring theme with her.. She is quite happy to take the plaudits all fine and dandy but when the **** hits the fans , radio silence and a vow of silence appears....

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2020, 04:27 PM

I think she said very much what you said word for word at the time.

mjhibby
25-04-2020, 04:28 PM

jeezo.And there's me thinking i was the ultimate pub bore. These negative posts are so tiresome and put folk off coming onto .net. Everybody is entitled to their opinion butrl repeating old gripes over and over again is pointless. Our club is being see in a hugely positive light. Not the time for rehashing old niggles. imho of course.

jacomo
25-04-2020, 04:37 PM
it however is not a one off though is it ?? It a re-occurring theme with her.. She is quite happy to take the plaudits all fine and dandy but when the **** hits the fans , radio silence and a vow of silence appears....

FFS you need to let it go.

Few dispute what you are saying - when our club performs badly, Hibs fans aren’t shy about expressing their disappointment.

But to bang on about this now, when LD is in crisis mode and doing a pretty fine job - is very tedious.

The Baldmans Comb
25-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Dempster is a decent but rather overrated CEO who has made many wrong decisions.

Loyalty points and HSL, The poor ticketing website last season, the automatic non entry this season, totally hid when Heckingbottom flack was around, Lennon debacle and the comical statement and falling out with the singing session with her high handed manner.

However she called this one totally right with the strip and has generated so much free top class publicity as well as her laudable ethos of Hibs as a community club which shines through in all her pronouncements and is so refreshing.

She has huge calls coming up and needs good advice and Ron will be more supportive and hands on than Farmer could ever be and they are going to need to make all the right calls at the right time especially cutting into the players deferred income scheme which won't be sustainable.

weecounty hibby
25-04-2020, 04:43 PM
She is doing a ****ing great job at the moment. She could have handled the Lennon thing better and perhaps sacked Hecky earlier but if she had done that we might have ended up with Stendel instead of Ross!

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 04:51 PM

She did act, she punted him and moved us forward.

Was it actually disasterous? I'd say the current situation, with people dying, is actually disasterous.

Its not a pity at all, only in the mind of extremely negative posters like you. Infact, it seems to only be you.

Peevemor
25-04-2020, 04:53 PM
I think she did, iirc. Just not over and over again.Exactly. I honestly don't know what some people want. A statement from the board after every point dropped?

We know a good board won't criticise or threaten a manager who's on a bad run. We also know that a vote of confidence is the beginning of the end.

It's bad enough that people didn't understand this at the time, but to drag it up and bore us again 6 months (or whatever) down the line...

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2020, 04:55 PM
I would be totally gutted if the way forward was to finish league behind closed doors

Frazerbob
25-04-2020, 04:58 PM
A thread that should be all about the great publicity our club is getting for acting with great dignity in very trying times degenerates into our CEO getting stick and fans arguing amongst themselves. How very Hibs.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Haven't listened to OFB since the footy stopped but might try the catch up podcast. Regarding the comms around Hecky there's no way of satisfying what everyone wants. You can't please anyone with statements when things aren't going right. Anne Budge and Douglas Park are currently showing what too much to say makes you look and now any event is coupled with a back up statement. Say nothing till you have something to say is my preferred method based on staying quiet and people only thinking you are a fool versus speaking and proving it.

The Falcon
25-04-2020, 05:00 PM
A wee thought about completing the league season behind closed doors in neccessary, admirable that it is, would Hearts still be able to invoke C12 and suspend contracts? Or would all contracts have to be honoured in full?

25-04-2020, 05:07 PM

That's where I am, glad we've got Leeann and co. Particularly when compared to the likes of Budge and those in charge at Rangers putting out 1 embarrassing statement after another.

Even though Jack Ross has got off to an inconsistent start, I am very happy we have him. He was sacked by Sunderland 5 weeks before we appointed him so if Leeann had got rid of Heckingbottom as soon as a lot wanted, JR wouldn't have been available. I wonder who we'd have ended up with.

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2020, 05:11 PM
A thread that should be all about the great publicity our club is getting for acting with great dignity in very trying times degenerates into our CEO getting stick and fans arguing amongst themselves. How very Hibs.

:top marks

jacomo
25-04-2020, 05:19 PM
I would be totally gutted if the way forward was to finish league behind closed doors

I don’t think it’s feasible, unless Hearts benefactor covers the costs.

tamig
25-04-2020, 05:22 PM

A token statement? Do CEOs of most clubs release token statements whenever their team goes on a bad run? And don’t blame LD for the abuse taken by the fan rep. The only folk to blame there are the erses dishing out the abuse. What a lot of pish.

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2020, 05:27 PM
I don’t think it’s feasible, unless Hearts benefactor covers the costs.

I'm not sure jacomo, other leagues planning to do it. It is of course purely selfish reasons for me

CropleyWasGod
25-04-2020, 05:28 PM
A wee thought about completing the league season behind closed doors in neccessary, admirable that it is, would Hearts still be able to invoke C12 and suspend contracts? Or would all contracts have to be honoured in full?

Clause 12 can only be invoked when the SFA suspend football. If the league starts up, it will be (partly) because the SFA have lifted the suspension. Therefore Clause 12 couldn't be invoked.

Hibs4185
25-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Clause 12 can only be invoked when the SFA suspend football. If the league starts up, it will be (partly) because the SFA have lifted the suspension. Therefore Clause 12 couldn't be invoked.

I can imagine all the hearts players will be desperate to get back and bust a gut for them after being unpaid due to clause 12.

tamig
25-04-2020, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure jacomo, other leagues planning to do it. It is of course purely selfish reasons for me

If this season is played to a finish by some unlikely miracle, can you honestly see games being played in front of crowds?

Billy Whizz
25-04-2020, 05:41 PM
If this season is played to a finish by some unlikely miracle, can you honestly see games being played in front of crowds?

Think he’s just saying, that he loves to see Hibs play live, not on the TV
I’m the same

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2020, 05:47 PM

Obviously not, but I would want to see the game

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2020, 05:48 PM
Think he’s just saying, that he loves to see Hibs play live, not on the TV
I’m the same

Correct Bily, hope you and gang are all ok

FilipinoHibs
25-04-2020, 05:49 PM

I have found a massive sand dune and fully buried my head hoping he gives it a rest. Coming up in a few hours

Billy Whizz
Correct Bily, hope you and gang are all ok

All fine thanks, hope you are too!

G B Young
I think Leeann has spoken a great deal of sense of late, but based on the First Minister's outline for easing restrictions I can't see why she would be more hopeful now about finishing the season. I'd have thought she'd be even less hopeful.

Personally I wish they would just wrap the season up right this minute.

Smartie
25-04-2020, 05:52 PM
She took plenty of flak and people were wanting answers and where was she to answer these questions ?? Nowhere to be seen.. Not a peep from her on tv , radio or social media.. Head in the sand hoping and praying Hecky would turn it around to save her bacon...

Once aqain , Hibs have some good press and there she is , lapping it all up from the media outlets about how good a job she and the club are doing and how everything is rosy in the garden.. However ,at the first sign of trouble , it's head in the sand and she doesn't want to talk about .. Loyalty points brought the same result as did Lennon's departure and the debacle that was heckingbottom............ No comment..............

It’s hard for the likes of Dempster to win when things aren’t going well in the park - around that time she’d have been crucified whatever she said. Sometimes saying nothing is best.

Hecky got a decent amount of time to turn it around, clearly wasn’t going to, was punted at the correct time and a very suitable replacement appointed.

If we’re going to get torn into past failings of LD then I still wonder what happened around the time of Lennon’s departure and given the benefit of 20/29 hindsight we should wonder why Heckingbottom ever got the job.

I’m not sure what can be gained from going over old ground, given the issues facing Scottish football right now.

Especially when it comes to giving a hard time to someone who has so much more in the positive column than the negative one. Just remember - she started with us in the immediate aftermath of the Hamilton Accies debacle, Butcher was manager, season tickets were where they were, we hadn’t won the Scottish cup in a very long time...

gaz1875
25-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Haven't listened to OFB since the footy stopped but might try the catch up podcast. Regarding the comms around Hecky there's no way of satisfying what everyone wants. You can't please anyone with statements when things aren't going right. Anne Budge and Douglas Park are currently showing what too much to say makes you look and now any event is coupled with a back up statement. Say nothing till you have something to say is my preferred method based on staying quiet and people only thinking you are a fool versus speaking and proving it.

It's actually been really good lately, very funny and passes the day.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2020, 05:55 PM
It's actually been really good lately, very funny and passes the day.No doubt. OTB is part of how I sst up Saturdays, because it feels like close season, I don't look out for it. Thankfully there's the BBC Sounds app.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

tamig
25-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Obviously not, but I would want to see the game

As I’m sure we all would. I think it will be a long slow road back to normality and closed doors games will be the obvious start. At least everything will be televised by some means.

SaulGoodman
25-04-2020, 06:07 PM
It’s such a shame that football can turn some people into proper fuds.

Onion
25-04-2020, 06:16 PM
If the EPL manage to find a way to complete their games in empty stadiums, there will be pressure on Scotland to do same. If that happens, it's guaranteed that Hearts will NOT be bottom of the league when it's complete. The final 8 games will be as artificial as you could get - bearing no resemblance to the form or expectations of the 30 that went before. It will in effect become an 8 game tournament for survival, with a good chance of Hearts meeting Hibs again in the bottom 6.

Let's end this thing. This season is slower than a day in lockdown.

gaz1875
25-04-2020, 06:25 PM
If the EPL manage to find a way to complete their games in empty stadiums, there will be pressure on Scotland to do same. If that happens, it's guaranteed that Hearts will NOT be bottom of the league when it's complete. The final 8 games will be as artificial as you could get - bearing no resemblance to the form or expectations of the 30 that went before. It will in effect become an 8 game tournament for survival, with a good chance of Hearts meeting Hibs again in the bottom 6.

It would be intersting to see how much fight the Hearts players have in them with all the animosity that has been spilled.

erin go bragh
25-04-2020, 06:35 PM
I’d be as gutted as the next supporter if the season was to be completed with no crowds but I’d prefer that , as at least we would have something to watch and we would have a crack ( hopefully) at fourth place and Europe.
We’re the only team in the league that drops a place using the average points .

Onion
25-04-2020, 06:43 PM
It would be intersting to see how much fight the Hearts players have in them with all the animosity that has been spilled.

One thing we've all grown to understand over the years, is Yams rarely follow the script that Hibs fans set them.

Hearts could send out 11 tea ladies and I'd still give Hibs a 50/50 chance of beating them.

JimBHibees
25-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Nonsense. She acted desisively when needed to do so.

Brightside
25-04-2020, 07:10 PM
What a weird thread.

JimBHibees
25-04-2020, 07:52 PM

Yes absolutely bizarre. We do have a fair degree of self loathing in our fan base. Weird.

jacomo
25-04-2020, 08:01 PM

That’s the sort of thing the EPL could organise, televised for a global audience.

The economics in Scotland are completely different - asking clubs to compete in a special tournament with no gate money is very hard to see. Who will pick up the tab?

Fergos
25-04-2020, 08:18 PM

A very good point.

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
25-04-2020, 08:23 PM

I suspect the usual social media mouthpieces would have slaughtered her had she done that.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 08:42 PM

Are you actually blaming Leeann for the abuse Tracy took? Are you serious?

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2020, 10:04 PM

:agree: ... Nae kiddin' mate.

Having said that, she should go now ... This brilliant piece of marketing ( if you want to call it that ) which has earned Hibs plaudits all around the UK and even publicity in other countries is the final straw for me.

Joking aside ... The lack of communication during the Heckingbottom saga wasn't her or Hibs finest moment, but nobody is saying it was that I can see. Why the hell it needs to be brought up just now of all times is beyond me .... She still has far more in the positive than the negative column for me and I can't think of anybody I would rather see at the helm in the unfolding situation we face than her.

green with envy
25-04-2020, 10:36 PM
I do though have arguments to back my posts up wouldn't you say ????

People can bury their heads in the sand if they want to , I am not asking them to comment on them... They can agree or disagree depending on how they feel..

Give it a rest - pest.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 10:42 PM
Am I missing the masses of other clubs making statements when things aren't going their way on the pitch? Hibs have never done that, very very few clubs do. It's the correct choice to shut up and focus on the job. Especially with the abuse that you get from the troglodytes on social media. Hecky probably should've been sacked sooner but he still has us in a semi final and the squad was always far too good to go down (despite what the "sack the recruitment team" mob would've had you believe). So he got a few more games more than he should've. I'll let her off with that after the Scottish cup, the promotion and the 3 top 6 finishes.

FilipinoHibs
26-04-2020, 02:20 AM
Thought she was very good on the show. Right to purdue a discussion with the health experts and the governments on trying to see if the league can be finished behind closed doors. The answer will of course be no. But she tried and the league will have to be called. Will disarm the Huns and junior Huns.

staunchhibby
26-04-2020, 07:16 AM
This should be a time for giving plaudits to our club.They have done more for our fans during this horrendous time.Players phoning elderly supporters.New top supporting the superb N.H?S.Probably more going on in the background that we don't hear about.Its given our positive publicity.We should be moving forward and not looking at past and causing friction.

Phil MaGlass
26-04-2020, 07:40 AM
How can the leagues probably be finished in July/Aug when most players will be out of contract? Will it mean hertz can then go oot and splash quadrillions just tae stay up

Sammy7nil
26-04-2020, 07:50 AM
How can the leagues probably be finished in July/Aug when most players will be out of contract? Will it mean hertz can then go oot and splash quadrillions just tae stay up

I agree Jim Duffy was on the radio yesterday say every player on their books is out of contract at the end of May. What do they do to try and retain them until September with no funds ?

lucky
26-04-2020, 08:05 AM

If games are played behind closed doors and Hearts stay up then it will be on merit. But the reality is their form is awful and their best hope of staying is reconstruction of the leagues that’s why Budge has only ever talked of that. If games go behind closed doors they are in all sorts because they are skint and she can’t use some obscure rule to pay no one.

Kojock
26-04-2020, 08:12 AM
If games are played behind closed doors and Hearts stay up then it will be on merit. But the reality is their form is awful and their best hope of staying is reconstruction of the leagues that’s why Budge has only ever talked of that. If games go behind closed doors they are in all sorts because they are skint and she can’t use some obscure rule to pay no one.

Guy on the radio yesterday saying that a behind closed door game requires about 300 people to be present. Rules state that medical assistance has to be on hand ie an ambulance and paramedics. Wouldn’t imagine folk would be too happy about tying up essential services.

jacomo
26-04-2020, 08:20 AM

I think Hearts benefactor should pay for everything.

McD
26-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Guy on the radio yesterday saying that a behind closed door game requires about 300 people to be present. Rules state that medical assistance has to be on hand ie an ambulance and paramedics. Wouldn’t imagine folk would be too happy about tying up essential services.

interesting, although 300 seems high. I would’ve thought more like 100.

20ish players per side, 6-10 coaching staff per, 3ish medical team per, refereeing team, official observers, and paramedic/ambulance staff. maybe another 20 for broadcasting, if that’s what was happening.

or have I missed some people? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-04-2020, 08:38 AM
I think Hearts benefactor should pay for everything.But only if they get to dress casually when they sit in the director's "box" in the almost finished megastand.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
26-04-2020, 08:52 AM
What a weird thread.

Only from one poster.

Wilson
26-04-2020, 09:14 AM
Am I missing the masses of other clubs making statements when things aren't going their way on the pitch? Hibs have never done that, very very few clubs do. It's the correct choice to shut up and focus on the job. Especially with the abuse that you get from the troglodytes on social media. Hecky probably should've been sacked sooner but he still has us in a semi final and the squad was always far too good to go down (despite what the "sack the recruitment team" mob would've had you believe). So he got a few more games more than he should've. I'll let her off with that after the Scottish cup, the promotion and the 3 top 6 finishes.

I agree with most of your argument but I will never buy the too good to go down argument. We were bad enough to be at that end if the table and struggling which shouldn't have been the case with our resources. Warning signs were rightly heeded..... eventually.

That said this is a thread (and a time) to be backing the club. Why are we all licking old wounds when things are looking better off ( and had been on) the park?

nonshinyfinish
26-04-2020, 09:26 AM

20ish players per side, 6-10 coaching staff per, 3ish medical team per, refereeing team, official observers, and paramedic/ambulance staff. maybe another 20 for broadcasting, if that’s what was happening.

This says 250–500 for an EPL game: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11977089/football-after-coronavirus-how-many-people-do-you-need-for-a-match-to-go-ahead

However, it goes on to say 100–180 for lower in the English leagues, and a lot of the numbers seem to be based on who's there for a normal game, so there's probably a lot of uncertainty in those figures until you determine exactly who you can do without or move off-site.

CraigHibee
26-04-2020, 09:33 AM

🤣 brilliant

H18 SFR
26-04-2020, 09:55 AM
This says 250–500 for an EPL game: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11977089/football-after-coronavirus-how-many-people-do-you-need-for-a-match-to-go-ahead

However, it goes on to say 100–180 for lower in the English leagues, and a lot of the numbers seem to be based on who's there for a normal game, so there's probably a lot of uncertainty in those figures until you determine exactly who you can do without or move off-site.

You don’t need a team of observers, they can observe from the match footage live of after if it isn’t live.

gaz1875
26-04-2020, 10:16 AM

A number of these attendees will be more than social distancing. Cameras in the East observers in the West and that leaves the FF and South to accommodate others if required. It's not like all staff required are in the same location.

Kojock
26-04-2020, 10:27 AM

Security staff, catering staff, ball boys/girls to retrieve the ball from the stands and depending whose playing we may need some in the upper tiers as well 😂 ground staff, substitute officials, kit man and the rest made up from pundits and journalists to talk/write crap 💩

eezyrider
26-04-2020, 10:27 AM

Security, ball boys/ girls, stadium staff (maintenance etc), safety officer, police?

EZ

Peevemor
26-04-2020, 10:40 AM
What security staff would be needed?

Billy Whizz
26-04-2020, 10:46 AM

Stop fans getting in

PatHead
26-04-2020, 10:47 AM

To keep people out?

nonshinyfinish
26-04-2020, 10:47 AM

I assume given how high-profile elite footballers are, they'd need some minimal amount of security in case some dafty tries to get in.

I guess maybe security might have a role in enforcing social distancing rules among the folk that are present, and maybe also ensuring that only those who are allowed to be there gain entry. :dunno:

Keith_M
26-04-2020, 10:48 AM

If we're playing The Rangers, somebody needs to keep their coaching staff under control.

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Nonsense. She acted desisively when needed to do so.

No she did not. She let hecky plod on from poor performance after poor performance in the hope that he'd turn it around when we could all see that he clearly wasn't up to it.. Hecky lasted so long cause Dempster was hoping he'd save her bacon.....

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 03:44 PM
I suspect the usual social media mouthpieces would have slaughtered her had she done that.

Who cares what the media outlets would have to say ?? They could've said what the hell they wanted for all I care....

All I was concerned about was Dempster highlighting to the fans , the PAYING CUSTOMER that she was aware of the situation and the fans concerns regarding the team and the slide we were in the middle of..

Would that have been too much to ask ????

bigwheel
26-04-2020, 03:46 PM
No she did not. She let hecky plod on from poor performance after poor performance in the hope that he'd turn it around when we could all see that he clearly wasn't up to it.. Hecky lasted so long cause Dempster was hoping he'd save her bacon.....

Not really ...She was hoping he would start getting results ..she is secure in role ..most of the players rated him too..and most of his signings, which were getting pilloried, have since proven there worth ..

Hecky deserves to get the boot - but imho he also deserved a chance to turn it around ..

She acted at the right time ..fans get frustrated early . Boards need to have a calmer head .

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Not really ...She was hoping he would start getting results ..she is secure in role ..most of the players rated him too..and most of his signings, which were getting pilloried, have since proven there worth ..

Hecky deserves to get the boot - but imho he also deserved a chance to turn it around ..

She acted at the right time ..fans get frustrated early . Boards need to have a calmer head .

Hibs were a disaster under him, from the very first game we were poor.. Yeh results picked up but performances were abject.. Hecky was more interested in winning an argument with a journalist that winning a game of football..

She was too late at act , he should have been booted in the international break prior to the time he was booted.....

BoomtownHibees
26-04-2020, 04:07 PM
Hibs were a disaster under him, from the very first game we were poor..

That’s just made up nonsense tbf

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Who cares what the media outlets would have to say ?? They could've said what the hell they wanted for all I care....

All I was concerned about was Dempster highlighting to the fans , the PAYING CUSTOMER that she was aware of the situation and the fans concerns regarding the team and the slide we were in the middle of..

Would that have been too much to ask ????

So basically you wanted a wee bit of attention? A wee tummy rub?

Her job isn't to please you personally, it's to run a huge football club.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Hibs were a disaster under him, from the very first game we were poor.. Yeh results picked up but performances were abject.. Hecky was more interested in winning an argument with a journalist that winning a game of football..

She was too late at act , he should have been booted in the international break prior to the time he was booted.....

Agree with this but maybe Leeann decided to give him to the LCSF since he got us there even although I got the impression he did not take the competition seriously

Admittedly I was not holding out too much hope taking into account the way he lined us up against Celtic in the Scottish Cup at ER but he did manage two draws versus Celtic in the league

He did not listen to people ie get Doidge upfront with Kamberi as soon as we did that Doidge scored a hatrick

McD
26-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Security staff, catering staff, ball boys/girls to retrieve the ball from the stands and depending whose playing we may need some in the upper tiers as well 😂 ground staff, substitute officials, kit man and the rest made up from pundits and journalists to talk/write crap 💩

Security, ball boys/ girls, stadium staff (maintenance etc), safety officer, police?

EZ

good points, knew I’d forgotten people hahaha :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Agree with this but maybe Leeann decided to give him to the LCSF since he got us there even although I got the impression he did not take the competition seriously

Admittedly I was not holding out too much hope taking into account the way he lined us up against Celtic in the Scottish Cup at ER but he did manage two draws versus Celtic in the league

He did not listen to people ie get Doidge upfront with Kamberi as soon as we did that Doidge scored a hatrick

I hope no Hibs manager ever makes decisions because the people want it.

Doidge been very effective up front alone many times. The problem was our poor execution of that tactic, not the tactic itself. Boyle injury definitely didn't help.

Keith_M
26-04-2020, 05:29 PM

Could you maybe start a new thread on how you view Dempster's handling of the Hecky situation (or re-open one of the many others that were on the go)... and let us get on with discussing the actual topic at hand?

I'm sure we'd happily discuss this with you but it's currently just distracting from the topic of this thread.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2020, 05:34 PM
I hope no Hibs manager ever makes decisions because the people want it.

Doidge been very effective up front alone many times. The problem was our poor execution of that tactic, not the tactic itself. Boyle injury definitely didn't help.
Yip Hecky got unlucky with Boyle his teams lacked pace and were eye bleeding to watch

My point is that Flo and Doidge should have been playing through the middle Hecky was too cautious playing one up front even at home versus teams beneath us in the league and could not hang on to a lead

Doidge and Flo only started three times together and Flo was played as a wide man in Heckys last season

Interesting that Eddie May hadn’t attended any games this season dropped all the non triers in Training
Flo and big Doidgey through the middle and Jessie is your uncle Hatrick for Doidgey and Flo is like a new man

My second point is Hecky wouldn’t listen to anyone he was arrogant he underestimated our League did not engage with or appreciate the expectations and ambitions of our club or our fans but at least he beat the Hearts at Tiny

When he went it was well past his time to go

The fact that Doidge is now scoring goals for fun playing off another striker Hecky must be asking himself why did I no try that or that is my team my players

In Doidges effective spell as a lone striker under Hecky we won one league game versus St Mirren Scott Allan scored the only goal I recall Doidge missed a few

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 05:50 PM
So basically you wanted a wee bit of attention? A wee tummy rub?

Her job isn't to please you personally, it's to run a huge football club.

I wanted to know she understood the fans concerns about what was happening regarding the team slipping down the league week after week..

I wasn't wanting her to bring out a 5 page exclusive in the paper but something to know that she understood how we all felt at the time.......... As I said previously , she is happy to correctly highlight all the good work the club does but in turn , she has to all highlight things when they are going not so well..

In any work place , if things aren't going well you look to the person responsible to mske some sort of statement to put everyone at ease and let you know they are aware of any concerns people might have.... She buried her head in the sand hoping the problem either go away or sort itself out..

Peevemor
26-04-2020, 05:56 PM
I wanted to know she understood the fans concerns about what was happening regarding the team slipping down the league week after week..

I wasn't wanting her to bring out a 5 page exclusive in the paper but something to know that she understood how we all felt at the time.......... As I said previously , she is happy to correctly highlight all the good work the club does but in turn , she has to all highlight things when they are going not so well..

In any work place , if things aren't going well you look to the person responsible to mske some sort of statement to put everyone at ease and let you know they are aware of any concerns people might have.... She buried her head in the sand hoping the problem either go away or sort itself out..Do you work for Hibs? If not your last paragraph is irrelevant.

With that said, how do you equate sacking the manager to burying her head in the sand?

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Do you work for Hibs? If not your last paragraph is irrelevant.

In what capacity is it irrelevant ??

My boss has been in constant contact with me lately because of the situation with COVID 19.. Keeping myself and others who have been furloughed up to date with what's going on etc etc...

He understands the situation clearly and keeps us informed..

A lot more than Dempster has ever done when the chips have been down that's for sure.....

HFC93
26-04-2020, 06:06 PM

My boss has been in constant contact with me lately because of the situation with COVID 19.. Keeping myself and others who have been furloughed up to date with what's going on etc etc...

A lot more than Dempster has ever done when the chips have been down that's for sure.....

Move on.

weecounty hibby
26-04-2020, 06:19 PM

He is your boss. That's why he is keeping in touch with you. He has not once been in touch with me about Covid-19. I am ****ing furious, I think he has his head in the sand! I demand that he makes a public statement telling everyone what he is doing during this crisis!

McD
26-04-2020, 06:28 PM
He is your boss. That's why he is keeping in touch with you. He has not once been in touch with me about Covid-19. I am ****ing furious, I think he has his head in the sand! I demand that he makes a public statement telling everyone what he is doing during this crisis!

:faf:

I was going to make this point but could never have done it as well as you have :greengrin

Eyrie
26-04-2020, 06:29 PM

Me too.

I want a public statement about how safe Pistol1875's job is if the current situation doesn't improve.

Keith_M
26-04-2020, 06:43 PM

In any work place , if things aren't going well you look to the person responsible to mske some sort of statement to put everyone at ease and let you know they are aware of any concerns people might have.... She buried her head in the sand hoping the problem either go away or sort itself out..

:hijack:

green day
26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
:hijack:

Yep.

It's got boring as ****, and given I have been in the house for 23 hours a day for weeks on end, that's saying something.....

granty6_2
26-04-2020, 07:15 PM

So you are suggesting your boss has stood by you (and presumably other employees) during a tough time. He has shown confidence in you as a member of staff and as a result you appear to be comfortable with this and loyal to the organisation.

Ever think for one minute that Leeann maintained a supportive relationship with Heckingbottom for the sake of the club??

She runs the club, has guided us through a very tough situation she inherited then onto the best day of my life!

With the greatest respect, you are either trolling or looking for an argument with everyone - both scenarios you are losing.

She has my utmost respect and support.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Yip Hecky got unlucky with Boyle his teams lacked pace and were eye bleeding to watch

My point is that Flo and Doidge should have been playing through the middle Hecky was too cautious playing one up front even at home versus teams beneath us in the league and could not hang on to a lead

Doidge and Flo only started three times together and Flo was played as a wide man in Heckys last season

Interesting that Eddie May hadn’t attended any games this season dropped all the non triers in Training
Flo and big Doidgey through the middle and Jessie is your uncle Hatrick for Doidgey and Flo is like a new man

My second point is Hecky wouldn’t listen to anyone he was arrogant he underestimated our League did not engage with or appreciate the expectations and ambitions of our club or our fans but at least he beat the Hearts at Tiny

When he went it was well past his time to go

The fact that Doidge is now scoring goals for fun playing off another striker Hecky must be asking himself why did I no try that or that is my team my players

In Doidges effective spell as a lone striker under Hecky we won one league game versus St Mirren Scott Allan scored the only goal I recall Doidge missed a few

Nothnig to do with one up front, the best teams in the world all play one up front regardless of who they are playing. Its about the execution of that formation.

You have no idea of Hecky would listen to anyone or not. He was definitely right not to listen to the fans though, extremely horrible toxic bunch during his time.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 07:33 PM

She was right to ignore the fans and focus on the job, especally the horrible toxic fans who just wanted to abuse our team and staff at that time (which was many)

She does not have to highlight things going wrong, she has to work on fixing them. Correct to highlight the good things and get publicity, that is how clubs grow. She would have made a statement privately and made changes and asked for more from people. She was correct not to publicise that.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Nothnig to do with one up front, the best teams in the world all play one up front regardless of who they are playing. Its about the execution of that formation.

You have no idea of Hecky would listen to anyone or not. He was definitely right not to listen to the fans though, extremely horrible toxic bunch during his time.

:agree:

1 The execution of said plan wasn’t very good loads of missed chances IIRC goals win games

2 Did not envy the man but did not feel sorry for him switched off when he started talking blaming the fans the players anyone but himself etc etc

Glad that Doidge has turned it around and is on fire No one wanted him to succeed more than me

Hecky would not change his system even when it was obvious it wasn’t working it was his way or the highway unfortunately for him it was the latter

As others have said this topic has been done to death time to move on ancient history

Once again my friend we will have to agree to disagree

Until the next time

PISTOL1875
26-04-2020, 08:37 PM
That’s just made up nonsense tbf

Do you not remember his first game under celtic ?

We were horrific that day , sat off them and let them pass the ball about willy nilly A far cry from previous games when we were in their faces and quite easily picked up results...

we are hibs
26-04-2020, 08:54 PM

Still persisting with this nonsense i see. Hibs fans are no different to any other set of fans in the world. If the teams pish they will be unimpressed and unhappy. At no stage did it reach "toxic" inside the ground. Thats just exaggerated pish. The closest its got to toxic was under Butcher where the abuse got relentless towards players, management, board members and fellow fans. It really was nowhere as bad as that earlier this season.

theonlywayisup
26-04-2020, 09:00 PM

We were horrific that day , sat off them and let them pass the ball about willy nilly A far cry from previous games when we were in their faces and quite easily picked up results...

Your comment was "Hibs were a disaster under him, from the very first game we were poor.." and that was the reason that your comment was dismissed as being rubbish. Now you're referring to the Celtic game to support your point of view.

However the Celtic game wasn't his first game. It was a 2-0 win against Hamilton, followed by five wins and four draws in his next nine league games. The Celtic cup games was his 4th game.

Moulin Yarns
26-04-2020, 09:01 PM

Because you are employed by your boss.

We fans are not, so why should we expect to be told the inner working of a football club?

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Your comment was "Hibs were a disaster under him, from the very first game we were poor.." and that was the reason that your comment was dismissed as being rubbish. Now you're referring to the Celtic game to support your point of view.

However the Celtic game wasn't his first game. It was a 2-0 win against Hamilton, followed by five wins and four draws in his next nine league games. The Celtic cup games was his 4th game.

His good start was when he had lennon's players, as soon as he was let loose with his signings and his tactics, he was clueless.

Paisley Hibby
26-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Jeez. What a load of bollocks some folk have posted on this thread, most of it nothing to do with Leeann being on OTB. I'll away and listen to her on BBC sounds; wish I'd done that sooner.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 10:44 PM
Still persisting with this nonsense i see. Hibs fans are no different to any other set of fans in the world. If the teams pish they will be unimpressed and unhappy. At no stage did it reach "toxic" inside the ground. Thats just exaggerated pish. The closest its got to toxic was under Butcher where the abuse got relentless towards players, management, board members and fellow fans. It really was nowhere as bad as that earlier this season.
Imo this season was worse than butchers time. Social media was disgusting (we have a board member step down due to abuse, if that's not toxic what is), hibs.net was horrendous, anyone posting anything positive was jumped on, there was threads targeting specific posters who had said positive things previously, threads threating boycotts, admins on here having to post the rules and remind people of them. The ground itself was awful, fans on teams back from first minute, players targeted.

I don't care what other sets of fans are like, I hold myself to a higher standard than hounding employees of my club and others should too. Hecky was poor but the abuse he and the players and staff received was shameful.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 10:48 PM
His good start was when he had lennon's players, as soon as he was let loose with his signings and his tactics, he was clueless.

His signings have been top quality, he just struggled to get them playing. Doidge is better than any striker Lennon signed. Newall as good as any midfielder. His good start was fixing a big mess Lennon left. Also Lennon's players and signings we generally poor. He improved 2 positions on the team he inherited, the goalie and Ambrose.

matty_f
26-04-2020, 10:48 PM
Imo this season was worse than butchers time. Social media was disgusting (we have a board member step down due to abuse, if that's not toxic what is), hibs.net was horrendous, anyone posting anything positive was jumped on, there was threads targeting specific posters who had said positive things previously, threads threating boycotts, admins on here having to post the rules and remind people of them. The ground itself was awful, fans on teams back from first minute, players targeted.

I don't care what other sets of fans are like, I hold myself to a higher standard than hounding employees of my club and others should too. Hecky was poor but the abuse he and the players and staff received was shameful.

I can't adequately express how much I agree with this post. Very well said.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 11:00 PM
I can't adequately express how much I agree with this post. Very well said.

👍

Smartie
26-04-2020, 11:10 PM

I think you're right.

The atmosphere had improved under Jack Ross but there's still be something simmering underneath the surface (poor first half against St Mirren, the Hearts game) - there seems to be a section who are just waiting on an opportunity to go daft, and it really isn't merited (apart from maybe that Hearts game right enough).

The level of rage levelled at LD during Hecky's time wasn't really proportional to how bad we were, even if we were pretty bad.

Michael
26-04-2020, 11:22 PM
His signings have been top quality, he just struggled to get them playing. Doidge is better than any striker Lennon signed. Newall as good as any midfielder. His good start was fixing a big mess Lennon left. Also Lennon's players and signings we generally poor. He improved 2 positions on the team he inherited, the goalie and Ambrose.

I thought Lennon's signings were okay overall. Not as good as Stubbs (pretty unbeatable record there), but probably at least as good as anyone else since Mowbray.

Kamberi
Mallan (good first season)
Maclaren (good first spell)
Ambrose
Marciano
Barker
Allan
Holt

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 11:23 PM
I think you're right.

The atmosphere had improved under Jack Ross but there's still be something simmering underneath the surface (poor first half against St Mirren, the Hearts game) - there seems to be a section who are just waiting on an opportunity to go daft, and it really isn't merited (apart from maybe that Hearts game right enough).

The level of rage levelled at LD during Hecky's time wasn't really proportional to how bad we were, even if we were pretty bad.

The hearts one was a real stinker and I was extremely unhappy about it but that was based on those 90 minutes, not anything else.

The first 4 months of this season are the worst I've seen the Hibs support and I agree that there are some just waiting on things to go wrong again

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2020, 11:25 PM
I thought Lennon's signings were okay overall. Not as good as Stubbs (pretty unbeatable record there), but probably at least as good as anyone else since Mowbray.

Kamberi
Mallan (good first season)
Maclaren (good first spell)
Ambrose
Marciano
Barker
Allan
Holt
Allan was a re-signing really. Ambrose and Rocky only ones better than what they replaced. Rest good to average but didn't make us better long term. 2016 squad easily better than what Lennon left.

InchHibby
27-04-2020, 03:56 AM
I started reading this thread until Pistol 1875 hijacked it with his negativity and refusal to accept we all make mistakes, which are part and parcel of the learning process. The clubs in a good place at the moment but he’s not having it.

theonlywayisup
27-04-2020, 06:12 AM
I started reading this thread until Pistol 1875 hijacked it with his negativity and refusal to accept we all make mistakes, which are part and parcel of the learning process. The clubs in a good place at the moment but he’s not having it.

At work, you'll always get those characters who are ultra negative, typically referring to incidents from the past to justify their point. They tend to portray an image that everything they do is perfect and the rest don't come up to their level of performance. They tend to get shunned as no-one wants to hear their negative distorted rubbish. Remind you of anyone!!!!!

Ozyhibby
27-04-2020, 06:15 AM

Doidge and Naismith were good signings. All the rest failed.

Peevemor
27-04-2020, 06:20 AM

Nonsense.

Jones28
27-04-2020, 06:21 AM
The hearts one was a real stinker and I was extremely unhappy about it but that was based on those 90 minutes, not anything else.

The first 4 months of this season are the worst I've seen the Hibs support and I agree that there are some just waiting on things to go wrong again

The Hearts game was dreadful both on and off the pitch.

It’s like folk miss the dark days and flirting with relegation.

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 06:40 AM
By the “Hearts game “ are we talking 1-2 under Hecky or the 1-3 under Ross as both were pretty bad

:dunno:

:cb

Jones28
27-04-2020, 07:11 AM
By the “Hearts game “ are we talking 1-2 under Hecky or the 1-3 under Ross as both were pretty bad

:dunno:

:cb

I was referring to the 3-1

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 07:15 AM
I was referring to the 3-1

Yip that was bad

Keith_M
27-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Did anybody else say anything interesting on Off The Ball?

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 07:23 AM
Did anybody else say anything interesting on Off The Ball?

Grant Stott the Big Hibby Radge was oan so plenty HIBS content well worth a catch up on BBC Sounds

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 08:27 AM

Utter rubbish. Newall and Jackson vital in turning the season around. I'll take 4/5 failures like that for next season.

Brightside
27-04-2020, 08:29 AM
Utter rubbish. Newall and Jackson vital in turning the season around. I'll take 4/5 failures like that for next season.

Correct. very little wrong with his signings bar Vela. Who Lennon had tried to get before him!

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Correct. very little wrong with his signings bar Vela. Who Lennon had tried to get before him!
Tom James ?

Ozyhibby
27-04-2020, 08:32 AM

How many games did each play?

we are hibs
27-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Newell, Jackson and Hallberg are all players i dont mind being around the squad but i dont think they are good enough as regular starters for a club that should be in and around the top 4.

Peevemor
27-04-2020, 08:35 AM

So a player who gets injured is a failure?

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 08:37 AM

Newall had injury problems, otherwise he's been very good since Hecky left. Jackson very solid since Porteous been out. Why are you so, so negative about signings? Seriously it's strange. Newall and Jackson have been really good since Hecky left, that is clear to see

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Newell, Jackson and Hallberg are all players i dont mind being around the squad but i dont think they are good enough as regular starters for a club that should be in and around the top 4.

Isn't our form since Hecky left top 4 or near about? Those guys have been important in that. And Newall been fantastic in cups too.

BoomtownHibees
27-04-2020, 08:52 AM

That wasn’t his first game though was it?

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 08:55 AM

It’s pushing it to say there is little wrong with the signings, excluding Vela. Think back to the last few games and how many, or few, of the players signed last summer actually started.

We got rid of three, including Vela, at the earliest opportunity.

Only Doidge is really a guaranteed starter. Newell showed great deal of improvement, has still been in and out the team, but would have had more minutes had it or been for injury.

Not convinced Jackson is the answer to our defensive issues either, he seems more effective in the other box.

Steven79
27-04-2020, 08:58 AM
To keep people out?

The scanners at the turnstyles already do that...

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2020, 09:02 AM

The 300 figure came from the Bundisliga. It was based on the numbers required to stage a behind closed doors, telivised match and includes not just the playing staff, coaches, officials, medical staff, safety, security, tv production, journalists etc. Probably less for SPFL but not by many.

Keith_M
27-04-2020, 09:21 AM
The scanners at the turnstyles already do that...

Petrie!

:grr:

....sorry, I meant

Dempster!!!!!

:grr:

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 09:32 AM
It’s pushing it to say there is little wrong with the signings, excluding Vela. Think back to the last few games and how many, or few, of the players signed last summer actually started.

We got rid of three, including Vela, at the earliest opportunity.

Only Doidge is really a guaranteed starter. Newell showed great deal of improvement, has still been in and out the team, but would have had more minutes had it or been for injury.

Not convinced Jackson is the answer to our defensive issues either, he seems more effective in the other box.

Jackson has been extremely steady. Our win rate with him playing is no accident.

BIGK
27-04-2020, 09:43 AM
What a weird thread.

Utterly bizarre! 7 pages of it as well

Bostonhibby
27-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Jackson has been extremely steady. Our win rate with him playing is no accident.Decent defender who chips in with a goal or two, I hope he stays.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 09:55 AM
Jackson has been extremely steady. Our win rate with him playing is no accident.

Is there a significant improvement in our win rate with/without him?

If we’re judging it since Ross came in he didn’t start the first nine league games up to the winter break. We won four. But did start the nine league games after it. We won three.

Much of a muchness as far as I can see.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Is there a significant improvement in our win rate with/without him?

If we’re judging it since Ross came in he didn’t start the first nine league games up to the winter break. We won four. But did start the nine league games after it. We won three.

Much of a muchness as far as I can see.

No, not much of a muchness. We've only lost 5 times when he has started, won 10 (we've won 17 all season) and drawn 4. We were drawing against Rangers when he went off beating Aberdeen with him playing before Whittaker got send off. Hes also scored 4 goals and we've won 3 of the games he scored in. He has very positively contributed this season. More than half of our wins been with him starting and more than half of our losses are without him. Before our 2 recent bad results those stats looked much better.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 10:27 AM

We did win three on the trot before the Celtic game and we done well after the Celtic game also.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2020, 10:52 AM

Aye, we were really tearing up this league. Heckingbottom was useless once he got HIS players in, he was fantastic at telling us what went wrong, but didnt have a clue how to get things right with his team.

Doidge has done well under a NEW manager, not the clown that bought him. Newell in my opinion is doing much better too, under a NEW manager.

Heckingbottom could only dream of the success Lennon brought us, or indeed has had elsewhere.

Brightside
27-04-2020, 11:01 AM

Thats an astounding thought process.

Brightside
27-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Jackson and Hanlon has been our best central 2 this season. Jackson also does well in a 3. Its amazing how a players stock can go down just by us not playing!

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Aye, we were really tearing up this league. Heckingbottom was useless once he got HIS players in, he was fantastic at telling us what went wrong, but didnt have a clue how to get things right with his team.

Doidge has done well under a NEW manager, not the clown that bought him. Newell in my opinion is doing much better too, under a NEW manager.

Heckingbottom could only dream of the success Lennon brought us, or indeed has had elsewhere.

I agree, I never said anythiing different. Lennon left a mess though. Lennon also struggled when he got his own players in and had to replace the brilliant midfielder Stubbs built.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 11:34 AM
No, not much of a muchness. We've only lost 5 times when he has started, won 10 (we've won 17 all season) and drawn 4. We were drawing against Rangers when he went off beating Aberdeen with him playing before Whittaker got send off. Hes also scored 4 goals and we've won 3 of the games he scored in. He has very positively contributed this season. More than half of our wins been with him starting and more than half of our losses are without him. Before our 2 recent bad results those stats looked much better.

I don’t think we’ve won ten games he’s started.

Four wins with him starting in the league. Two in the league cup. Two in the Scottish. The cup games all being against lowers league teams.

As for the Aberdeen game, you could maybe have said we were winning until Jackson booted one in to his own net? For balance, he was very good at Ibrox and has had some decent performances. Motherwell and Killie away comes to mind.

I don’t think he’s a terrible player but I dispute the fact he really improves us as a team.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Jackson and Hanlon has been our best central 2 this season. Jackson also does well in a 3. Its amazing how a players stock can go down just by us not playing!

And in Hanlons case his stock goes up by us not playing it seems. He’s been poor all season as has the majority of the defence tbf.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 11:39 AM

Four wins with him starting in the league. Two in the league cup. Two in the Scottish. The cup games all being against lowers league teams.

As for the Aberdeen game, you could maybe have said we were winning until Jackson booted one in to his own net? For balance, he was very good at Ibrox and has had some decent performances. Motherwell and Killie away comes to mind.

I don’t think he’s a terrible player but I dispute the fact he really improves us as a team.

He definitely improved the defence that was terrible.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 11:54 AM
He definitely improved the defence that was terrible.

I don’t see any great difference with him in the team or out of it. If you go back to the start of the season he started the first 4 league games in which we conceded 9. He was pretty much out of the team until January when Ross brought him back in. We still continued to concede goals at a not all together different rate.

I’m not looking to be overly critical of him by the way, I just think we’re poor defensively full stop. What he had in his favour was that he was chipping in with a few at the other end.

27-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Grant Stott the Big Hibby Radge was oan so plenty HIBS content well worth a catch up on BBC Sounds

This thread has really turned into a pantomime now.

BoomtownHibees
27-04-2020, 12:06 PM
This thread has really turned into a pantomime now.

Oh no it hasn’t

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Oh no it hasn’t
Oh yes it has ! :greengrin

https://youtu.be/sLzNwMpncHE

Frazerbob
27-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Utterly bizarre! 7 pages of it as well

Embarrassing thread. Some folk need to get back to work sharpish. They’re clearly loosing it.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 01:13 PM

He started the Morton win and 3 group stage games. I suppose the Stirling one wasn't really a win.

He does improve the team because he is one of our 2 best central defenders judging on this season. If he was to drop our for Porteous or McGregor we would be a poorer side.

Barman Stanton
27-04-2020, 01:16 PM
What a totally bizarre thread. Must be brutal being so negative and bitter that you are still upset about the Hecky period. In reality he wasn’t here long at all. I think it’s more to do with some just being unable to forgive Dempster for the Lennon sacking.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 01:17 PM
He started the Morton win and 3 group stage games. I suppose the Stirling one wasn't really a win.

He does improve the team because he is one of our 2 best central defenders judging on this season. If he was to drop our for Porteous or McGregor we would be a poorer side.

Never played v Morton.

we are hibs
27-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Thats an astounding thought process.

Says the man saying Hanlon has been our best centre half this season. If you think those 3 are capable starters in a top 4 squad then your standards are lower than i thought.

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Never played v Morton.

Replaced Daz after 14 minutes

B.H.F.C
27-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Replaced Daz after 14 minutes

Stand corrected. Well in the sense that he played the majority of the game.

Brightside
27-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Says the man saying Hanlon has been our best centre half this season. If you think those 3 are capable starters in a top 4 squad then your standards are lower than i thought.

On all measurement Hanlon has been our best CH this season. You’ll prob say Porto. 😂. I will be happy with a back 3 of Hanlon, Porto and Jackson next season. And I think you will find that the gaffer will too. 👍

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2020, 01:48 PM

Hanlon has been our best and Hanlon has been in Hibs teams that have finished 4th twice and won a Scottish cup. Doesn't that mean he is a capable starter in a top 4 squad?

Keith_M
27-04-2020, 01:53 PM
What a totally bizarre thread. Must be brutal being so negative and bitter that you are still upset about the Hecky period. In reality he wasn’t here long at all. I think it’s more to do with some just being unable to forgive Dempster for the Lennon sacking.

Yep, it's yet another thread that's taken a strange turn.

Kojock
27-04-2020, 02:00 PM
If folk think Hecky was brutal they obviously weren’t around during the Bertie Auld times.

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2020, 03:09 PM
It's the afternoon, must be time for more drivel about hecky and how the club made a mess of it. 😉

Paisley Hibby
27-04-2020, 05:43 PM
It's the afternoon, must be time for more drivel about hecky and how the club made a mess of it. 😉

Aye. Canny believe this thread. It's like parallel universes. One with folk talking about what the thread was supposed to be about and the much bigger one full of very negative folk talking about something else completely different and blanking any suggestions that they **** off and start a new thread of their own about that 🤦

PatHead
27-04-2020, 07:35 PM
I think Leeann is correct to give it as long as possible to finish the season. I don't think it will be possible but there's no rush to call it now.
Imagine the weegies not going near the stadium on old firm days or Celtic supporters staying away on the day they win the league.