PDA

View Full Version : Wee question

Sudds_1
25-04-2020, 10:21 AM
What is the background to the huns singing Penny arcade? Always intrigued me after i heardit at hampden in 2016 😁😁

tamig
25-04-2020, 10:28 AM
What is the background to the huns singing Penny arcade? Always intrigued me after i heardit at hampden in 2016 😁😁

Think it’s related to a sectarian murder. Surprise surprise.

zitelli62
25-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Not 100% sure but its along the lines of an IRA terrorist being killed by terrorists from the other side inside an amusement arcade in Ireland sure when I asked a rangers fan at work that's what he told me probably wrong though strange bunch the lot of them.

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2020, 10:33 AM
I was there that great day but don’t remember hearing that song in fact I never listen to any of their pish probably too busy watching the match

Billy Whizz
25-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Think it’s related to a sectarian murder. Surprise surprise.

That’s what I heard too, some shooting in an amusement arcade

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 10:47 AM
I was there that great day but don’t remember hearing that song in fact I never listen to any of their pish probably too busy watching the match

It was played before the match. Glory glory was played for us.

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2020, 10:48 AM
It was played before the match. Glory glory was played for us.
Aw over the tannoy?

Will listen out for it next time I watch Time for Heroes

Cannae wait

Puddocky
25-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Aw over the tannoy?

Will listen out for it next time I watch Time for Heroes

Cannae wait

I thought I’m On My Way by the Proclaimers was our equivalent song in the pre-match build up?

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2020, 11:34 AM
I thought I’m On My Way by the Proclaimers was our equivalent song in the pre-match build up?
Maybes ask MWH that one last I heard Penny Arcade was a Roy Orbison song

Enjoyed Glory Glory to the Hibees by Hector Nicol at the end though

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 11:40 AM

Might be right.

Kato
25-04-2020, 11:43 AM
I thought I’m On My Way by the Proclaimers was our equivalent song in the pre-match build up?Correct.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
25-04-2020, 11:44 AM
Heard all the accusations and denials over the background of the singing of Penny Arcade.

Let`s be honest here - Rangers fans didn't suddenly start singing the song a few years ago because it was a catchy dittie from 50 years back..

CapitalGreen
25-04-2020, 11:55 AM
The murdered catholic story is nonsense, there is no record of any such murder prior to the time rangers started singing that song. It originated from Bobby Parks who is a popular performer on the loyalist bar circuit 🤢 through the west and in Northern Ireland. He began performing it as part of his his repertoire and recorded it on his CDs. His CDs are popular in Rangers pubs and on buses so was picked up by their fans and incorporated into their “song book” 🤢🤢

I don’t doubt the rumoured origins of the song helped grow its popularity amongst certain fans though.

EI255
25-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Think it’s related to a sectarian murder. Surprise surprise.And so is their "Bouncy Bouncy" number.

Fuds.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Crab apple
25-04-2020, 01:02 PM
It wasn't written as a loyalist song. It's now certainly sung around the loyalist circuit and became popular through a singer called Sylvia Pavis from a band called Platoon. It's a shame it's been adopted by the hun morons as it's a really catchy song. The scene in T2 is hilarious..

Since452
25-04-2020, 01:46 PM
They're deed like Roy Orbison so they have that in common