PDA

View Full Version : Eredivisie

StirlingHibee
24-04-2020, 06:44 PM
The Eredivisie - the top tier of football in the Netherlands - has been abandoned for the season with no title winners and no teams relegated.

GreenPJ
24-04-2020, 06:59 PM
Glad they had the vote that meant Utd are promoted it stops it happening here although I can see why there decision was different as league was so tight.

Ozyhibby
24-04-2020, 07:00 PM
The Eredivisie - the top tier of football in the Netherlands - has been abandoned for the season with no title winners and no teams relegated.

Precisely what UEFA told them not to do? I don’t think this decision will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
24-04-2020, 07:00 PM
Teams at the top joint top. Teams at the bottom joint third bottom and teams in the league below barely separated at the top. (Couldn’t get another joint in sorry)

Majority of the clubs voted for promotion and relegation though. Can’t see that being very fair.

xyz23jc
24-04-2020, 07:16 PM

Dutch teams banned from European football maybe, more places for Scottish teams? Well, ones that are still in existence! :greengrin

Waxy
24-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Bad decision. Think someone in Da Nederlands has been smokin something.

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2020, 09:11 PM
No the right decision inHolland, my team should have went down, they deserved to , but, are now saved, its mental, feel sorry for Utrecht missing out on a place in Europe and the clubs who should have been promoted. Not the right call. Legal action being talked about,but there is talk that Ajax,who have just been placed in Champions league might be putting their 15 million into a pot to be shared by the other clubs that are being unfairly hit? Just talk/rumours at the moment.

bingo70
24-04-2020, 09:44 PM
No the right decision inHolland, my team should have went down, they deserved to , but, are now saved, its mental, feel sorry for Utrecht missing out on a place in Europe and the clubs who should have been promoted. Not the right call. Legal action being talked about,but there is talk that Ajax,who have just been placed in Champions league might be putting their 15 million into a pot to be shared by the other clubs that are being unfairly hit? Just talk/rumours at the moment.

Who are the teams that should have been promoted?

jacomo
24-04-2020, 09:57 PM
Teams at the top joint top. Teams at the bottom joint third bottom and teams in the league below barely separated at the top. (Couldn’t get another joint in sorry)

Majority of the clubs voted for promotion and relegation though. Can’t see that being very fair.

Is a joint being passed round like?

The 90+2
24-04-2020, 10:11 PM
Is a joint being passed round like?

Declined by the bigwigs. As usual.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2020, 11:19 PM
Who are the teams that should have been promoted?

Cambuur and De Graafschap.

HibernianJK
24-04-2020, 11:37 PM

I think it may be a domino effect with more leagues doing the same and leaving UEFA with no choice but to accept it. The fact is there should be no European football next season with all the uncertainty when the season will start. It will be a nightmare fitting league games into a congested season never mind European football too. I know there is no chance of this happening as the cash flow is too important for the greedy *******s too throw away but that is the most sensible option. Void all leagues and have 1 year without European football.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2020, 07:14 AM
I think it may be a domino effect with more leagues doing the same and leaving UEFA with no choice but to accept it. The fact is there should be no European football next season with all the uncertainty when the season will start. It will be a nightmare fitting league games into a congested season never mind European football too. I know there is no chance of this happening as the cash flow is too important for the greedy *******s too throw away but that is the most sensible option. Void all leagues and have 1 year without European football.

I think there will be lots of different ways that leagues will be called. Scotland has already decided how its league will be called when the time comes. I can’t see England doing anything other than crown Liverpool champions. Whether that decide to relegate and promote is another matter.

where'stheslope
25-04-2020, 06:48 PM
I think there will be lots of different ways that leagues will be called. Scotland has already decided how its league will be called when the time comes. I can’t see England doing anything other than crown Liverpool champions. Whether that decide to relegate and promote is another matter.

Makes calling the leagues finished early before UEFA had a chance to decide on what to do, looks pre-emptive and tho' it was done to give monies out to the lower leagues, everyone knows that the monies could have given out as loans.
To my way of thinking, all that the Dutch have done fair or not, has opened a huge can of worms in Scottish football again!!
They must have got the same info from UEFA as the SFA & SPFL, yet decided that it was fairer to void their league???

hibbysam
25-04-2020, 08:15 PM
Makes calling the leagues finished early before UEFA had a chance to decide on what to do, looks pre-emptive and tho' it was done to give monies out to the lower leagues, everyone knows that the monies could have given out as loans.
To my way of thinking, all that the Dutch have done fair or not, has opened a huge can of worms in Scottish football again!!
They must have got the same info from UEFA as the SFA & SPFL, yet decided that it was fairer to void their league???

It’s nothing to do with uefa and everything to do with our contractual obligations with sponsors and commercial deals as a league/country that stops us voiding the league. Clubs can barely afford to stay afloat as it is, without having to pay back all monies already received, and miss out on the further payments still to come.

jacomo
25-04-2020, 10:10 PM

It depends on different circumstances in each league, to an extent. If there was only a point between the ugly sisters for example, the fury from Ibrox would be even greater.

The news from UK government tonight makes it less likely that events attracting large crowds of people are coming back anytime soon.

where'stheslope
26-04-2020, 11:22 AM
It’s nothing to do with uefa and everything to do with our contractual obligations with sponsors and commercial deals as a league/country that stops us voiding the league. Clubs can barely afford to stay afloat as it is, without having to pay back all monies already received, and miss out on the further payments still to come.
I take your argument, but if what you say is true, why defer wages as they have to be paid at a later date???

hibbysam
26-04-2020, 03:09 PM
I take your argument, but if what you say is true, why defer wages as they have to be paid at a later date???

Because clubs will have money coming in later down the line. If the scenario you advocate happens then clubs will need to find further millions just to reach the point they are at now, never mind move forward in future. For example, take hibs, we would need to find a few million pounds now to repay the league, who in turn need to repay the sponsors and commercial contracts, probably have to pay back a load of our own sponsors. Mental to even think about that as an option, and it would be even more catastrophic the further down the chain you go.

tamig
26-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Because clubs will have money coming in later down the line. If the scenario you advocate happens then clubs will need to find further millions just to reach the point they are at now, never mind move forward in future. For example, take hibs, we would need to find a few million pounds now to repay the league, who in turn need to repay the sponsors and commercial contracts, probably have to pay back a load of our own sponsors. Mental to even think about that as an option, and it would be even more catastrophic the further down the chain you go.

Do you honestly expect under the current circumstances, if the leagues were voided, sponsors, broadcasters etc would be queueing up looking for refunds? I can’t honestly see it myself.

Eyrie
26-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Do you honestly expect under the current circumstances, if the leagues were voided, sponsors, broadcasters etc would be queueing up looking for refunds? I can’t honestly see it myself.

And fans. Our tickets (season or walk up) were for competitive league games and if the SPFL then decides to null and void the season then what we watched wasn't competitive league games, so we'd have a test case against the SPFL that would lead to us getting our money back.

HibernianJK
29-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Ligue 1 & 2 have also come to the same conclusion after no sports in France permitted until September. Dominos are starting to fall.

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2020, 09:04 AM
Ligue 1 & 2 have also come to the same conclusion after no sports in France permitted until September. Dominos are starting to fall.

...and in France titles awarded, promotions and more importantly relegations will happen based on same average points approach SPFL using.

To all Keekboak spies looking on that answers your straw clutching question about naming any league in Europe proposing relegations.