PDA

View Full Version : Guess the game

we are hibs
22-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Can be hibs related or not. You need to describe a goal without letting on what game and final score it was and the person who guesses right then has their own go. Ill start with a fairly easy one:

O'Connor just knocked one down for Sproule to run onto and hammer home to put us 2 up. Whats the game and final score?

calumhibee1
22-04-2020, 02:25 PM
3-0 v rangers at Ibrox in Scottish Cup 2006

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 02:34 PM
This would be better without names: diminutive midfielder makes jinking run towards box, plays 1-2 with hefty centre forward, the return is flicked up in the air and he runs onto to it and crashes a volley from 12 yards giving the keeper no chance.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2020, 02:37 PM
A long Diagonal ball, 1st touch right foot, 2nd touch right foot, fired into the top corner with the outside of the right foot. One of the great World Cup goals.

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 02:39 PM
A long Diagonal ball, 1st touch right foot, 2nd touch right foot, fired into the top corner with the outside of the right foot. One of the great World Cup goals.

Bergkamp v Argentina in Marseille (perfectly described btw ... if I'm right :greengrin) Forgot final score 2-1 Netherlands.

RoscoHibby
22-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Can be hibs related or not. You need to describe a goal without letting on what game and final score it was and the person who guesses right then has their own go. Ill start with a fairly easy one:

O'Connor just knocked one down for Sproule to run onto and hammer home to put us 2 up. Whats the game and final score?

Hibs v Celtic, Easter Road. Final score was 2-2, they equalised with a few minutes remaining...was bitter sweet as meant I won a decent bit of money (my mate and I pooled our bets at the time, wasn’t mine) few hundred quid, still felt sick for a couple hrs after though!

Am I right?! 😂💚

Peevemor
22-04-2020, 02:44 PM
This would be better without names: diminutive midfielder makes jinking run towards box, plays 1-2 with hefty centre forward, the return is flicked up in the air and he runs onto to it and crashes a volley from 12 yards giving the keeper no chance.

Easy!

Pretty Boy
22-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Bergkamp v Argentina in Marseille (perfectly described btw ... if I'm right :greengrin) Forgot final score 2-1 Netherlands.

Spot on.

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 03:17 PM
Easy!

It was a bit.

Ok, try this. Teen starlet bursts between 2 defenders and is sandwiched, just outside the box. His momentum takes him into the penalty area and to the amazement of the knot of travelling away fans and fury of the apoplectic hordes surrounding them, the ref gives a pen. Cool as a cucumber striker dispatches the spot kick before making imaginary call to celebrate.

Peevemor
22-04-2020, 03:24 PM
It was a bit.

Ok, try this. Teen starlet bursts between 2 defenders and is sandwiched, just outside the box. His momentum takes him into the penalty area and to the amazement of the knot of travelling away fans and fury of the apoplectic hordes surrounding them, the ref gives a pen. Cool as a cucumber striker dispatches the spot kick before making imaginary call to celebrate.

1995 - I won't say any more - the "imaginary call" gives it away.

147lothian
22-04-2020, 03:37 PM
We get a free kick outside the box, striker puts it in the top left hand corner, the ref orders the free kick to be re-taken striker puts it in the top right hand corner.

Peevemor
22-04-2020, 03:41 PM
We get a free kick outside the box, striker puts it in the top left hand corner, the ref orders the free kick to be re-taken striker puts it in the top right hand corner.

Top right then bottom left IIRC

HIBBYSTU T
22-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Ally.mcleod. V Dundee

BS44
22-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Away game at a ground that we haven't had much success at for a good few years. We have been tremendous but score is still 0-0, and the Hibs fans can't believe we are not winning. Then, last minute our right full back scores a wonder goal volley from just outside the box.

Ensy wendsy clue is game was late 80's or very early 90's

No one's getting this 😀

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Away game at a ground that we haven't had much success at for a good few years. We have been tremendous but score is still 0-0, and the Hibs fans can't believe we are not winning. Then, last minute our right full back scores a wonder goal volley from just outside the box.

No one's getting this 😀

Willie Miller og at Tannadice 🤔

Pretty Boy
22-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Goal kick is hit long, defence back off as a unit, lone striker takes a touch and spins, takes another touch then hits it left footed, keeper gets a hand to it and maybe should do better, away fans (and an entire country) don't give that fact a single thought.

BS44
22-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Willie Miller og at Tannadice 🤔

You bloody rascal Cod Boy! Spot on, mate!

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Goal kick is hit long, defence back off as a unit, lone striker takes a touch and spins, takes another touch then hits it left footed, keeper gets a hand to it and maybe should do better, away fans (and an entire country) don't give that fact a single thought.

James McFadden away to France 1.0 🤔

Green Man
22-04-2020, 05:19 PM

And a Scotsman in a London hotel room goes mental.

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 05:19 PM
You bloody rascal Cod Boy! Spot on, mate!

😂 I remember being at the game on the steep terracing

147lothian
22-04-2020, 06:08 PM
Goal keeper, I believe on league debut, boots the ball up field, opponents keeper miss judges the bounce of the ball it goes over him and rolls into the net

BS44
22-04-2020, 06:10 PM
😂 I remember being at the game on the steep terracing

Be surprised if a Hibs fan could come up with a better OG than Miller scored that day

I can distinctly remember Goram looking at him as if to say how the f u c k did you manage that 😀

BS44
22-04-2020, 07:00 PM
Sunny when we went one nil ahead, snowing at the equaliser.

And then, long kick forward from goalie and a loose ball, we pick it up and one pass backward, inside one, inside two, inside three and in it goes. One of the biggest roars I've heard at ER when we score

green with envy
22-04-2020, 07:18 PM
Be surprised if a Hibs fan could come up with a better OG than Miller scored that day

I can distinctly remember Goram looking at him as if to say how the f u c k did you manage that 😀

Arthur Duncan in the second SC cup final replay v the huns.

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 07:21 PM
Sunny when we went one nil ahead, snowing at the equaliser.

And then, long kick forward from goalie and a loose ball, we pick it up and one pass backward, inside one, inside two, inside three and in it goes. One of the biggest roars I've heard at ER when we score

Barry Lavety 2.1 v hearts 1998 ish 🤔

The 90+2
22-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Lovely sunny day:

A long diagonal ball by the left back catches out the opposition’s centre back and our forward has the legs to get in behind him and lob the oncoming goalkeeper to put the Hibees ahead starting scenes of pandemonium in the away end.....

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Lovely sunny day:

A long diagonal ball by the left back catches out the opposition’s centre back and our forward has the legs to get in behind him and lob the oncoming goalkeeper to put the Hibees ahead starting scenes of pandemonium in the away end.....

Ivan Sproule first of hat trick at ibrox 🤔

The 90+2
22-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Ivan Sproule first of hat trick at ibrox 🤔

👍

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Barry Lavety 2.1 v hearts 1998 ish 🤔

Kevin Harper got the winner in that game. It was snowing when fat Robbo’s free kick went in though. Just before we got relegated, they won the cup and my first son was born. A rollercoaster time.

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Goal keeper, I believe on league debut, boots the ball up field, opponents keeper miss judges the bounce of the ball it goes over him and rolls into the net

Goram or Goram. Definitely one of the 2 of them.

Peevemor
22-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Goram or Goram. Definitely one of the 2 of them.Was it not far more recent than that?

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Was it not far more recent than that?

Didn’t read that carefully, Goram or Goram’s goal was long after their debuts.

Cod Boy
22-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Kevin Harper got the winner in that game. It was snowing when fat Robbo’s free kick went in though. Just before we got relegated, they won the cup and my first son was born. A rollercoaster time.

Ah so he did lavety scored the first I think then

BS44
22-04-2020, 07:48 PM

Hibs 2 1 dogs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVZqwCbCY8)

Bang on, mate

Glory Lurker
22-04-2020, 07:54 PM

Oxley against Livi. Day 1 14/15.

Glory Lurker
22-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Unlucky opposition player gets in way and sets a St Johnstone fan roaring in celebration, the opposition defence broken in more ways than one.

berwickhibee
22-04-2020, 08:03 PM

No one's getting this 😀

Murdo mcleods debut. 4000 hibs fans. Played well, then that happened😜⚽

147lothian
22-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Oxley against Livi. Day 1 14/15.

:top marksStill amazed to this day that none of their defenders got a header on it before it took the bounce, I remember it fondly because a guy I worked with was a Livi fan we met before the game for a pint, great banter when I returned to work

Glory Lurker
22-04-2020, 08:31 PM
:top marksStill amazed to this day that none of their defenders got a header on it before it took the bounce, I remember it fondly because a guy I worked with was a Livi fan we met before the game for a pint, great banter when I returned to work

The warning signs were there, relying on our goalie scoring to get three points! :-)

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2020, 08:39 PM
Unlucky opposition player gets in way and sets a St Johnstone fan roaring in celebration, the opposition defence broken in more ways than one.

Wotherspoon’s deflected cup winner v the still cheating but about to go pop Them?

Glory Lurker
22-04-2020, 08:43 PM
Wotherspoon’s deflected cup winner v the still cheating but about to go pop Them?

Correct! Their cup defence crumbling at the first attempt

147lothian
22-04-2020, 08:55 PM
The warning signs were there, relying on our goalie scoring to get three points! :-)

Aye that's right, we were hanging on a bit at 2 - 1 if my memory serves me right

StirlingHibee
22-04-2020, 09:07 PM
OK here goes, but I should add my memory is not as good as it used to be so please forgive any inaccuracies. A wee clue I think it was late 80s or early 90s. Game is 0-0 at Easter Road. Game is very tetchy and opposition goalkeeper (Dutch) has been sent off for an altercation with our Striker. Couple of minutes left and we win a corner at our home end. Midfielder (who went on to become a Manager) scores and the place goes mental as we win 1-0. I think I've got it right??

Pretty Boy
22-04-2020, 09:12 PM
A cross is cut out by a sliding defender but his clearance doesn't remove the danger. From 25 yards the classiest player on the park rifles it past the debutant goalkeeper and into the bottom corner. Looking resplendent in long sleeves and gloves he runs the length of the park to celebrate with his adoring public.

Glory Lurker
22-04-2020, 09:13 PM
A cross is cut out by a sliding defender but his clearance doesn't remove the danger. From 25 yards the classiest player on the park rifles it past the debutant goalkeeper and into the bottom corner. Looking resplendent in long sleeves and gloves he runs the length of the park to celebrate with his adoring public.

Franckie boy, millennium derby!

Jones28
22-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Franckie boy, millennium derby!

Those leather gloves 👌

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 09:19 PM
“Buchan on the overlap...........Oh! It’s a Goooooaaallllllllll!!!!!!!!!

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2020, 09:29 PM
“Buchan on the overlap...........Oh! It’s a Goooooaaallllllllll!!!!!!!!!

Anfield 1977. Wales v Scotland

Pinkie
22-04-2020, 09:31 PM
OK here goes, but I should add my memory is not as good as it used to be so please forgive any inaccuracies. A wee clue I think it was late 80s or early 90s. Game is 0-0 at Easter Road. Game is very tetchy and opposition goalkeeper (Dutch) has been sent off for an altercation with our Striker. Couple of minutes left and we win a corner at our home end. Midfielder (who went on to become a Manager) scores and the place goes mental as we win 1-0. I think I've got it right??

Danny Lennon? If memory serves correctly, Brian Irvine went in goal for the sheep after Snelders was sent off and he saved the penalty. Looked like they were holding on right up until Lennon put it away.

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 09:31 PM
Anfield 1977. Wales v Scotland

👍🏿

we are hibs
22-04-2020, 09:32 PM
On a snowy day in January. A young midfield terrier skips past a challenge and unleashes a thumping effort into the bottom corner to send his side into the cup final.

Pinkie
22-04-2020, 09:34 PM
It was a bit.

Kevin Harper at Ibrox? Taken out by a combination of Gough and McLaren?

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2020, 09:55 PM
On a snowy day in January. A young midfield terrier skips past a challenge and unleashes a thumping effort into the bottom corner to send his side into the cup final.

Tynie 2016. McGinn.

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 10:04 PM
Gets the ball outside the box skips past one defender dummies another nutmegs the third the goalkeeper rushes out spreading himself like a vomit to no avail chips the ball over him into the empty net turns around and fist pumps the locals Yes! Yes ! Yes! Better than sex!

PatHead
22-04-2020, 10:08 PM
Game goes into 92nd minute....

SideBurns
22-04-2020, 10:09 PM
Gets the ball outside the box skips past one defender dummies another nutmegs the third the goalkeeper rushes out spreading himself like a vomit to no avail chips the ball over him into the empty net turns around and fist pumps the locals Yes! Yes ! Yes! Better than sex!

Archie Gemmill - "Scotland are in dreamland!"

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 10:10 PM
Game goes into 92nd minute....

Does the ball go out for a corner?

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 10:11 PM
archie gemmill - "scotland are in dreamland!"

trainspotting!

PatHead
22-04-2020, 10:22 PM
Does the ball go out for a corner?

How did you guess?

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2020, 10:27 PM
How did you guess?

The Postman always rings twice :greengrin

Potty78
22-04-2020, 10:59 PM
It was a bit.

My first trip to ibrox, Darren Jackson scored. Harper was the player fouled 👍

Smartie
23-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Biggest game in a generation to be played in the country.

Whilst he would never quite reach John McGinn’s level, the thumping volley scored by one of the world’s best players nearly knocked down the goal that the Hibs fans would successfully destroy a few years later.

we are hibs
23-04-2020, 07:47 AM
A typically frantic and scrappy start to the game, the ball is eventually forced wide to a speed merchant who races down the line. He mi****s a cross that falls to one of his team mates who would become a villain in later years to the home support, helps it on to the big centre forward to lays it off to a new signing who composes himself 6 yards out, sends 2 defenders crashing into each other and sends the international goalkeeper the wrong way to go 1-0 up in the opening 5 minutes.

BS44
23-04-2020, 08:03 AM
A typically frantic and scrappy start to the game, the ball is eventually forced wide to a speed merchant who races down the line. He mi****s a cross that falls to one of his team mates who would become a villain in later years to the home support, helps it on to the big centre forward to lays it off to a new signing who composes himself 6 yards out, sends 2 defenders crashing into each other and sends the international goalkeeper the wrong way to go 1-0 up in the opening 5 minutes.

2 2 v them

Another game that Zibby messed up against them, on two occasions this time

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Biggest game in a generation to be played in the country.

Whilst he would never quite reach John McGinn’s level, the thumping volley scored by one of the world’s best players nearly knocked down the goal that the Hibs fans would successfully destroy a few years later.

Zizou

JeMeSouviens
23-04-2020, 08:54 AM
Kevin Harper at Ibrox? Taken out by a combination of Gough and McLaren?

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTNyP6bHUQ

StirlingHibee
23-04-2020, 07:20 PM
Danny Lennon? If memory serves correctly, Brian Irvine went in goal for the sheep after Snelders was sent off and he saved the penalty. Looked like they were holding on right up until Lennon put it away.

Correct! Forgot about the penalty. Thanks mate.

BILLYHIBS
23-04-2020, 07:30 PM
“ What the f*#ks he going to do?”.......

Eyrie
23-04-2020, 07:49 PM
“ What the f*#ks he going to do?”.......

O'Connor questioning Mowbray's decision to replace him with Sproule at Ibrox.

BILLYHIBS
23-04-2020, 07:54 PM
O'Connor questioning Mowbray's decision to replace him with Sproule at Ibrox.
👍🏿

Michael
23-04-2020, 07:58 PM
But the equaliser did come at the death, when substitute ******* escaped down the right and his cross was swept home at the second attempt by fellow replacement *****, as he lay stretched out on the *** **** turf.

Fill in the blanks.

we are hibs
23-04-2020, 08:49 PM
The clock strikes 90, a throw in down the left helped inside to a box to box midfielder who forces it to the young striker just inside the box before being wiped out. The young striker ignores all around and plants a curled effort into the top corner.

greenlad
23-04-2020, 08:58 PM
The clock strikes 90, a throw in down the left helped inside to a box to box midfielder who forces it to the young striker just inside the box before being wiped out. The young striker ignores all around and plants a curled effort into the top corner.

Ross Caldwell at Tynecastle.

BILLYHIBS
23-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Referee John Gordon of Newport on Tay takes the place of Bill Mullan who is in hospital....This green machine .We are now in the European Economic Community...............

Potty78
23-04-2020, 10:39 PM
But the equaliser did come at the death, when substitute ******* escaped down the right and his cross was swept home at the second attempt by fellow replacement *****, as he lay stretched out on the *** **** turf.

Fill in the blanks.
Konte equaliser at fir park? Gets us into Europe

erin go bragh
23-04-2020, 10:44 PM
We have a corner in injury time . Our keeper goes up front and causes a bit confusion , we score .

Michael
23-04-2020, 11:21 PM
Konte equaliser at fir park? Gets us into Europe

:thumbsup:

SideBurns
24-04-2020, 12:06 AM
Referee John Gordon of Newport on Tay takes the place of Bill Mullan who is in hospital....This green machine .We are now in the European Economic Community...............

Alistair Alexander's legendary commentary on the 7-0 gemme. I particularly liked this one at 5-0: "Edwards...the one forward who hasn't scored... THEY'RE TRYING TO LAY IT ON FOR HIM!!" 😁

spike220
24-04-2020, 02:17 AM
Huge overweight goalkeeper saves a penalty.

spike220
24-04-2020, 02:17 AM
Huge overweight goalkeeper saves a penalty.

I cant be any more specific I am afraid

BILLYHIBS
24-04-2020, 06:02 AM
Alistair Alexander's legendary commentary on the 7-0 gemme. I particularly liked this one at 5-0: "Edwards...the one forward who hasn't scored... THEY'RE TRYING TO LAY IT ON FOR HIM!!" 😁

:greengrin

duffers
24-04-2020, 06:28 AM
Midfielder sent off in the first half leaving an uphill battle, however, with the score tied at 0-0, the striker lets a shot loose from the edge of the box in the 90th minute which squirms underneath the keeper

SideBurns
24-04-2020, 06:34 AM
Midfielder sent off in the first half leaving an uphill battle, however, with the score tied at 0-0, the striker lets a shot loose from the edge of the box in the 90th minute which squirms underneath the keeper

2003 derby, Gary O'Connor late winner. Marvellous day!