PDA

View Full Version : Why do teams hate them?

Solonleith1
21-04-2020, 02:23 PM
Had a gander over at kickback in response to budges attempts at reconstruction looking like they are going down the pan.

Came accross a belter of a thread called why do other teams hate us?

Hate is a strong word obviously, however the replies really do answer they're own question if they wanted to look for the answers!

Arrogance, Self Importance, ignorance to financial doping, Snobs amongst the several other reasons. Maybe have a wee look through what you wrote, think how that transfers to your actions and to how you are perceived as a club and a bit of self reflection will give you the answers you seek!

Joe6-2
21-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Think you have answered it for them!
Can I add.....just because!

The 90+2
21-04-2020, 03:01 PM
I could write a thesis on the subject if that helps?

21-04-2020, 03:08 PM
I could write a thesis on the subject if that helps?

Pr*cks!

There, saved you the bother.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2020, 03:11 PM
I've never been that fond of people who misappropriate money belonging to charities.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
21-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Livingston like them. They have come out in favour of a 14 team top league and no relegation this season. Tinpot club.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Who was the player a few years back who said in an interview that if a player signed for Hearts they were often treated differently by their fellow pros? He said that as a club they were not well liked and regarded with suspicion by players and it was always assumed anyone who signed for them only did so for financial reasons.

It was a fair while ago now and I think it was in the print edition of one of the Sundays. Something in the back of my mind is saying Campbell Money was the player but I could be wrong.

Caversham Green
21-04-2020, 03:42 PM
I think the tone of JKB over the last few weeks is a good illustration of why the fans of other clubs dislike them. They think that everything that's been going on in Scottish football is all about them - they really think that all the votes and all the allegations of corruption were about Heart of Midlothian FC. They get a lot of attention on here because they're our local rivals and they're getting attention from the fans of other clubs because of the noise they and their daft owner is making but the truth is every single club that voted in the recent poll did so either in their own interest or the interest of football as a whole. Not one of them gave a single thought about how their vote would affect HoMFC, nor will they care whether HoMFC's fans boycott games next season - despite what they think at all levels, they're just not that important.

McSwanky
21-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Let's be honest here, none of us actually hate them. My overwhelming feeling towards each and every them is one of pity.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2020, 03:54 PM
Sorry McS, but I for one, HATE them with a passion

DH1875
21-04-2020, 03:55 PM
Livingston like them. They have come out in favour of a 14 team top league and no relegation this season. Tinpot club.

Dodgy deals being made behind the scenes?

Joe6-2
21-04-2020, 03:57 PM

Me two

Pretty Boy
21-04-2020, 04:07 PM
Let's be honest here, none of us actually hate them. My overwhelming feeling towards each and every them is one of pity.

My feelings towards Hearts are rooted in disdain. They are an annoyance I wish I didn't have to think about. I don't feel any pity for them, in fact I actively take pleasure when misfortune befalls them.

I hate Rangers. I find Hearts to be an irritant. They are like the guy that comes to the pub that is always full of the next big scheme, exaggerates previous successes and talks down to others. Everyone knows he is really a bit of a dick. No one really hates him nor do they pity him; they just get a sense of pleasure when it all blows up in his face.

EI255
21-04-2020, 04:07 PM
They really ARE a brain dead community.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
21-04-2020, 04:14 PM
they are jam terts
super jam terts
no one likes them
they don't care

The 90+2
21-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Pr*cks!

There, saved you the bother.

😁

The 90+2
21-04-2020, 04:25 PM

Nah.

We ****in hate jam tarts, we ****in hate jam tarts, we ****in hare jam tarts, we ****in hate, we ****in hate jam tarts.

Shrekko
21-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Their fans have surpassed themselves in the last month. They genuinely think other clubs, including us, are voting with Hearts at the forefront of their minds.

They’ve bleated on about self interest and sporting integrity but Anne Budge thinks the whole of Scottish football should temporarily (!) restructure purely to save Hearts.

It beggars belief and the self importance bit is reminiscent of their new found pals Rangers in 2012.

The 90+2
21-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Their fans have surpassed themselves in the last month. They genuinely think other clubs, including us, are voting with Hearts at the forefront of their minds.

They’ve bleated on about self interest and sporting integrity but Anne Budge thinks the whole of Scottish football should temporarily (!) restructure purely to save Hearts.

It beggars belief and the self importance bit is reminiscent of their new found pals Rangers in 2012.

This. Well and truly found out as the ****s of Scottish football.

Northernhibee
21-04-2020, 04:46 PM
My feelings towards Hearts are rooted in disdain. They are an annoyance I wish I didn't have to think about. I don't feel any pity for them, in fact I actively take pleasure when misfortune befalls them.

I hate Rangers. I find Hearts to be an irritant. They are like the guy that comes to the pub that is always full of the next big scheme, exaggerates previous successes and talks down to others. Everyone knows he is really a bit of a dick. No one really hates him nor do they pity him; they just get a sense of pleasure when it all blows up in his face.

This is how I feel - Hearts are like Gareth from The Office. Rangers are just downright nasty pieces of work.

jacomo
21-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Surely the real question is: who doesn’t hate them?

I think the Jambos themselves are full of self-loathing. It would certainly explain a lot.

HFC93
21-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Most rival fans are just jealous of Hearts war record. Only team to win a global conflict.

Sammy7nil
21-04-2020, 05:07 PM
This post may help explain why no one likes them.

4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:
Reckon St Johnstone and Killie are in a bit of a pickle.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:
Was wondering about st Johnstone. It was only a few weeks before the lockdown announcement that st Johnstone made a statement saying they were struggling.

I know folk have a wee soft spot for these two teams, but I don’t particularly like either of them. Would be delighted for them to implode and for us to stay in the Premiership as a result. Their business models are built on selling out their stadia to the OF.

Their celebrity fans are bellends too. That moron who does the rants on YouTube for Kilmarnock and Stuart Cosgrove the sanctimonious old tit.

See ya. 👋

The 90+2
21-04-2020, 05:17 PM
********s.
They really are finding it difficult to understand that many clubs in this country don’t have players on long term expensive contracts and come next month and June many savings will be made - unlike them.

“Let’s boycott Hamilton, voting to relegate “the famous” and saving themselves”

BegbieHSC
21-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Obviously don’t have the same, totally believable attitude the big Huns have, with the “No one likes us, we don’t care” mantra.

MrSmith
21-04-2020, 05:45 PM
I don't hate them at all. I think their arrogance and self loathing takes care of it.

Aldo
21-04-2020, 05:54 PM
I think this is them down to a tee....just about....

The definition of a superiority complex is an inflated sense of being better than others. An example of a superiority complex is the feeling of self-importance that causes a person to constantly talk about how they can do everything better than others.

Does this remind you of anyone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
21-04-2020, 06:26 PM
Hate is such a short, hurtful, horrible little word to use... I much prefer loathe or despise. More sylabuls and an ability to extend the emotional length phonetically as in

Loooooooooooooooooooowthe and
Desssssssspiiiiiiiiiiiise.

Sammy7nil
21-04-2020, 06:27 PM
If you can be bothered read page 2 of this same named thread on wayback - Just WOW :rolleyes:

CB_NO3
21-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Only club in the world that think being 3rd at anything is amazing.

When did they last actually come 3rd 😂

Pretty Boy
21-04-2020, 06:45 PM
The fundamental issue Hearts fans have is that they have tried to build themselves a niche as a 'big club'. They have adopted a bizarre pomposity with their 'the famous' chat and see themselves as being superior, bigger and more important than other clubs in the country.

Where they hit the buffers is that the only conclusion one can draw if taking their delusions of grandeur at face value is that they the biggest under achievers in world football. They have a grand total of 16 trophies in 146 years, there was a period of almost half a century in which they failed to win a single trophy, they have won fewer major trophies than Aberdeen, they have won the same number of league titles as ourselves and Aberdeen (and only 2 more than Dumbarton ffs), less Scottish Cups than Queens Park, have never won a European trophy and in the overall honours list in Scotland they lag 99 trophies behind Rangers and 94 behind Celtic.

By no discernible logic can that record be interpreted as one of a big club and by no obvious measure can they claim to be a successful club. It could be argued both ourselves and Hearts have under achieved over the years; the difference being very few Hibs fans claim to be something we are not.

Hearts have been painted as conservative and dull and that's exactly what they are. They are pub bore of football clubs. Pompous, egotistical, self important and deluded. People don't hate them because they are envious of them, they hate them because of their complete inability to see themselves as others see them.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2020, 07:18 PM
Only club in the world that think being 3rd at anything is amazing.

When did they last actually come 3rd 😂

3 years ago. Ours was 15 years ago so I'm not sure we can use that.

Since452
21-04-2020, 07:20 PM
Why do teams hate them?

There are loads but the ones that spring to mind..

1. Their insistence on mimicking Rangers at every opportunity i.e maroon pound, Fenian blood etc. They really are wannabe huns which makes it worse than the real thing.

2. Incessantly claiming to be the 3rd biggest club in Scotland like it's an achievement. Nobody really gives a ****.

3. Robbing charities.

4. Knowingly employing sex offenders.

5. Their treatment of players like Berra.

6. Calling St Mirren "St Lie down" like it was their fault. Nothing is ever their fault.

7. Budge trying use the "greater good of Scottish football" as a smokescreen to squirm out of relegation. Sickening.

tamig
21-04-2020, 07:23 PM

I despise them. I never even used to bother that much about them until that **** Mercer arrived on the scene.

Irish_Steve
21-04-2020, 07:54 PM
I`m originally from Northern Ireland hence the rather cryptic username. I`ve lost none of my accent. When any one says they are a fan of "the famous Jam Tarts", I reply totally blankly, "like the Famous Five" - the look of bewilderment and befuddlement on their face is just hilarious. You can practically see the cogs go round in their heads as they try to think of an answer lol

tamig
21-04-2020, 07:55 PM

We’re not the ones making a big play of being third best though tbf.

Waxy
21-04-2020, 07:57 PM

So why do i hate them then?

Bostonhibby
21-04-2020, 08:04 PM
I despise them. I never even used to bother that much about them until that **** Mercer arrived on the scene.Same here, actually don't hate them, hate is the wrong word, but enjoy their pomposity and their absolute inability to do anything properly and with a semblance of humility. 99% of their problems are of their owners making but they just can't or won't see it.

They just keep on giving everyone the sticks to beat them with.

ekhibee
21-04-2020, 08:10 PM
There used to be loads of them on that Pie and Bovril thing, don't know if it's still on the go.

Carheenlea
21-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Their behaviour during recent weeks is that of bad losers. Yes, you can understand their displeasure given the unprecedented circumstances but that’s not the one reason why they are universally disliked. It’s the fact they are even worse winners.

Waxy
21-04-2020, 08:46 PM
They say its unfair them going down.i don’t.
I’d say its more unlucky.
Them staying up? That would be unfair.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2020, 09:24 PM
I don't hate Hearts ... my hatred is reserved for real life stuff, not for football, no matter paradoxical though it may sound, how much I love it and Hibs. I have a number of Hearts supporting friends who are top blokes, that's the truth of it.

But back to the football. They are disliked as a club for all of the reasons folk give on here. The self entitlement, the overblown sense of their own standing in the game, the failure to understand that having half a team slaughtered in a war isn't a football achievement. Fans of other clubs didn't fail to notice the lack of any ability to accept responsibility or blame in a situation they never voiced concern about or took any notice of until it nearly destroyed their club.

And worse, when it did their demands for sympathy from the clubs and fans they shafted along the way, with no sense whatsoever of how ironic that was considering the way they lapped up the the few trophies their cheating brought them and shoved it in the faces of other clubs and fans, not least of all us. Compounded all the more by selling themselves as a moral and financial example of how to run a club the second they had dragged themselves out of the mire, instead of shutting up and showing a bit of humility.

Being Hibs fans none of the above would matter to us, as another poster pointed out recently we have a duty to hate them, just as their natural stance as derby rivals should be to hate us. What should bother them and clearly does if they are starting sickbag threads about it, is that fans of other clubs dont like them either, far more than there is any dislike of Hibs.

I'm willing to bet without even looking at their thread that the main reason most of the posters on it will give is 'jealousy' ...... It's not that my Jambo friends, it really isn't, and the sooner you face up to that fact the sooner fans of clubs who aren't Hibs might have a bit of regard for you.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2020, 10:15 PM
I don't hate Hearts ... my hatred is reserved for real life stuff, not for football, no matter paradoxical though it may sound, how much I love it and Hibs. I have a number of Hearts supporting friends who are top blokes, that's the truth of it.

But back to the football. They are disliked as a club for all of the reasons folk give on here. The self entitlement, the overblown sense of their own standing in the game, the failure to understand that having half a team slaughtered in a war isn't a football achievement. Fans of other clubs didn't fail to notice the lack of any ability to accept responsibility or blame in a situation they never voiced concern about or took any notice of until it nearly destroyed their club.

And worse, when it did their demands for sympathy from the clubs and fans they shafted along the way, with no sense whatsoever of how ironic that was considering the way they lapped up the the few trophies their cheating brought them and shoved it in the faces of other clubs and fans, not least of all us. Compounded all the more by selling themselves as a moral and financial example of how to run a club the second they had dragged themselves out of the mire, instead of shutting up and showing a bit of humility.

Being Hibs fans none of the above would matter to us, as another poster pointed out recently we have a duty to hate them, just as their natural stance as derby rivals should be to hate us. What should bother them and clearly does if they are starting sickbag threads about it, is that fans of other clubs dont like them either, far more than there is any dislike of Hibs.

I'm willing to bet without even looking at their thread that the main reason most of the posters on it will give is 'jealousy' ...... It's not that my Jambo friends, it really isn't, and the sooner you face up to that fact the sooner fans of clubs who aren't Hibs might have a bit of regard for you.

The jealousy angle they have adopted is an odd one.

A fan of my age will have seen Hibs and Hearts win exactly the same number of trophies. Go back to my Dad's generation and Hibs have won one more. What exactly is there to be jealous about?

CB_NO3
21-04-2020, 10:17 PM

Was it actually.

We don't call ourselves the 3rd best club in the country tbf.

1875godsgift
21-04-2020, 11:51 PM
Was it actually.

You're completely right there.

I call us the best club in the world.

Fact.

End of.

:greengrin

One Day
22-04-2020, 07:41 AM

So do I

Hillsidehibby
22-04-2020, 07:52 AM
I hate the deluded fannies but they sure are giving me a laugh these days.

sean04
22-04-2020, 08:14 AM
The fact they stole from the poppy appeal is nothing short of a disgrace. Giving a peadophile Standing ovation. There hoof and fight style football is eye bleeding

Jones28
22-04-2020, 08:31 AM
They’re all crawling out of the woodwork the declare that LD isn’t in the same league as Budge and that’s why she’s left the discussion group.

One of many many more reasons to dislike them.

Waxy
22-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Its like there’s a circle around Gorgie and everyone inside are just not on planet Earth.

MKHIBEE
22-04-2020, 08:36 AM
They’re all crawling out of the woodwork the declare that LD isn’t in the same league as Budge and that’s why she’s left the discussion group.

To be fair they are right, fortunately for us.

Mixu62
22-04-2020, 09:14 AM
I just read some of that thread on yackback. I feel dirty now. I'm off for a shower with a wire brush and dettol. Can we list as another reason to hate them as "they are completely ignorant and oblivious about why everyone hates them"? The sheer arrogance, ignorance and entitlement! Anyway, after my wire brush and dettol shower, I'll be cracking open a nice bottle of chateaux de schadenfreude 1973 with a side of karma.

Kato
22-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Its like there’s a circle around Gorgie and everyone inside are just not on planet Earth.Yes, if you spend too much time between those two bridges you're rendered a moron.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

McSwanky
22-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Wow. A lot of hate it seems.

For me, hating them would be like hating the villain at the local pantomime. Really not worth the effort IMO, but clearly I'm in the minority!

Any Jambos looking in on this thread will no doubt be loving it. They're desperate to be relevant, and from where I'm standing, they're not even close.

Bostonhibby
22-04-2020, 09:49 AM
Wow. A lot of hate it seems.

For me, hating them would be like hating the villain at the local pantomime. Really not worth the effort IMO, but clearly I'm in the minority!

Any Jambos looking in on this thread will no doubt be loving it. They're desperate to be relevant, and from where I'm standing, they're not even close.This does it for me, ridicule, disdain, absolutely no respect for the way they behave is more like it.

There's been so much material to work with during, and since Vlad's time that there's no time for what I regard as pure hatred, their crashing about like the proverbial clowns bicycle gives me a fair bit of pleasure.

22-04-2020, 09:51 AM

Leeann is part of the working party to ensure the continuation of Scottish football whereas Ann Budge is on the "task force" solely trying to save herself. Certainly not doing it for the benefit of Scottish football as the temporary reconstruction she wants proves. Watch her flip-flop when most of her "task force" push for permanent.

jacomo
22-04-2020, 11:20 AM
To be fair they are right, fortunately for us.

Hearts will be in a different league to us soon as well.

xyz23jc
22-04-2020, 12:44 PM
Hearts will be in a different league to us soon as well.

Then they will really be the 'Big Team! Hopefully for a guid few seasons tae! :greengrin

GREEN WARLORD
22-04-2020, 01:02 PM
A club who's history over the past 30 years, has been based on theft. What's there not to hate?

WhileTheChief..
22-04-2020, 01:29 PM
I doubt many other club’s fans give them much thought.

jacomo
22-04-2020, 01:48 PM
Leeann is part of the working party to ensure the continuation of Scottish football whereas Ann Budge is on the "task force" solely trying to save herself. Certainly not doing it for the benefit of Scottish football as the temporary reconstruction she wants proves. Watch her flip-flop when most of her "task force" push for permanent.

First she’s got to read about previous reconstruction proposals and why they failed first, given that she literally hadn’t thought about this until last week.

Also, she loudly and rather crassly pronounced a few years ago that there are too many professional clubs in Scotland. I’m sure those in the lower leagues will have full trust in her.

Sammy7nil
22-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Was it actually.

I have always wondered why they claim to be third biggest team. Surely Aberdeen have a greater claim i know it is a silly argument like two bald guys fighting over a comb but I can't help thinking why?

tamig
22-04-2020, 04:59 PM
A club who's history over the past 30 years, has been based on theft. What's there not to hate?

Try 40 years bud.

Killiehibbie
22-04-2020, 05:10 PM
I doubt many other club’s fans give them much thought.

When it looked like they were maybe getting liquidated, until big bad Alex pulled some strings, fans of other teams were not really interested what happened to them. Even when told about their raiding the poppy tins, fans that I know of Killie, Ayr, St Mirren and Motherwell just shrugged their shoulders.

Carheenlea
22-04-2020, 05:48 PM
I’ve got friends who have ST’s at Hibs, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. You can get a good laugh with the Rangers and Celtic fans - I can mock them mercifully and get the same returned to me but it’s always conducted in the spirit intended. The same can’t be said for those Hearts supporting friends. They just don’t engage in the same way, won’t accept any criticism or jokes at their clubs expense, but are quite happy to dish it out. It’s ever as relaxed or as much fun. If we lose a derby there will text messages from them almost immediately on full time and every Hibs fan they know is tagged in on social media posts as they gloat. I find with my Hearts supporting friends it’s best to keep football chat to a minimum, or at least Hibs/Hearts chat.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2020, 08:34 AM

Do Livi not want a permanent change? Whereas Hearts only want it for a season (or two)?

Cant fathom why Livi would want such a thing in the first place though.

Kato
23-04-2020, 08:41 AM
I doubt many other club’s fans give them much thought.Exactly, but that's not what Hearts fans think.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
23-04-2020, 09:49 AM
:singing:

"We are Jam-Tarts,
Super Jam-Tarts,
No one likes us,
It's no fair"

:boo hoo:

WeeRussell
23-04-2020, 12:07 PM
I think it’s pretty telling when you talk to one of the ‘alrightish (?)’ ones or one of your mates (it does happen) and they have that knowing look while arguing the hearts position.

They know what they are. Some of them are more proud of it than others.

Largshibby
23-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Had a gander over at kickback in response to budges attempts at reconstruction looking like they are going down the pan.

Came accross a belter of a thread called why do other teams hate us?

Hate is a strong word obviously, however the replies really do answer they're own question if they wanted to look for the answers!

Arrogance, Self Importance, ignorance to financial doping, Snobs amongst the several other reasons. Maybe have a wee look through what you wrote, think how that transfers to your actions and to how you are perceived as a club and a bit of self reflection will give you the answers you seek!

Here's a few suggestions:

Tinycastle - a complete dump and a health hazard
Gorgie - see above
That strip - it just looks grubby and probably smells
Supporters - see above
Poppy fund - stole from it
Charities - stole from them
Creditors - binned with no sense of guilt
Trophies - stole from pensioners, charities, creditors to purchase Scottish Cup (x2)
Sex offenders - happy to employ them
Style of football - hooooooooooooooooffffff
WWI - claim to have won it single handed

Redeeming factors - none

Keith_M
23-04-2020, 07:58 PM
If anyone wants to see a full list of their creditors that they stiffed, it's HERE (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-list-creditors-full-1566016)

It includes the following...

Big Hearts Community Tust £34,048

Scottish Ambulance Service £2,464

NHS Fife £739

NHS Lothian £75.70

McCrae’s Battalion Trust £100

Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory £185

Heart of Midlothian Shareholder Assoc. £5,000

Heriot Watt Sports Village Ltd £145,663

HM Revenue & Customs £1,881,065

Football Safety Officers Asc. £200

Edinburgh Council (Chesser House) £90,715

Edinburgh Council (For Flats) £2,631

Scottish Police Authority £18,585

lyonhibs
26-04-2020, 06:00 AM
They are basically the Donald Trump of football clubs.

Success/fame built on sandy ground/the backs of others/money they didn't actually have.

Grandiose ideas and statements that have little to no grounding in reality.

Prickly and childish

Nasty history of decidedly unsavoury morals/ethics (cf Gary MacKay "allegedly", their Billy Boys young team etc)

Absolutely 0 self awareness or sense of humour.

I could go on but that's enough to be getting on with.

Aldo
26-04-2020, 07:10 AM
If anyone wants to see a full list of their creditors that they stiffed, it's HERE (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-list-creditors-full-1566016)

It includes the following...

Big Hearts Community Tust £34,048

Scottish Ambulance Service £2,464

NHS Fife £739

NHS Lothian £75.70

McCrae’s Battalion Trust £100

Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory £185

Heart of Midlothian Shareholder Assoc. £5,000

Heriot Watt Sports Village Ltd £145,663

HM Revenue & Customs £1,881,065

Football Safety Officers Asc. £200

Edinburgh Council (Chesser House) £90,715

Edinburgh Council (For Flats) £2,631

Scottish Police Authority £18,585

How those at ECC could allow that amount of debt to accrue whilst they chased OAP’s who went into 2 or 3 months arrears is disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
26-04-2020, 08:10 AM
Here's a few suggestions:

Tinycastle - a complete dump and a health hazard
Gorgie - see above
That strip - it just looks grubby and probably smells
Supporters - see above
Poppy fund - stole from it
Charities - stole from them
Creditors - binned with no sense of guilt
Trophies - stole from pensioners, charities, creditors to purchase Scottish Cup (x2)
Sex offenders - happy to employ them
Style of football - hooooooooooooooooffffff
WWI - claim to have won it single handed

Redeeming factors - none

Jesus, sitting here sipping my coffee and read the WW1 comment - coffee everywhere!!!

Green Reaper
26-04-2020, 01:18 PM
They are basically the Donald Trump of football clubs.

Success/fame built on sandy ground/the backs of others/money they didn't actually have.

Grandiose ideas and statements that have little to no grounding in reality.

Prickly and childish

Nasty history of decidedly unsavoury morals/ethics (cf Gary MacKay "allegedly", their Billy Boys young team etc)

Absolutely 0 self awareness or sense of humour.

I could go on but that's enough to be getting on with.

So, are we now calling them 'trumps' 😁

hibbyfraelibby
26-04-2020, 03:58 PM
So, are we now calling them 'trumps' 😁

Well Budgie is a Trump(et)

Billy Whizz
26-04-2020, 03:59 PM
They seem to be boycotting nearly every ground next season
Latest one up is Ross County, think they forget they won’t be visiting Dingwall on league business next season

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Interesting in what James McCabe said in his interview with Si Ferry that players only sign for Hearts to make a fast buck with little or no emotional attachment whereas at HIBS he thought we were a proper football club with a real Stadium and Training Centre and that he really bought into us

Then again he also said that looking at both squads he had more chance of starting with HIBS than Hearts ???

Billy Whizz
26-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Interesting in what James McCabe said in his interview with Si Ferry that players only sign for Hearts to make a fast buck with little or no emotional attachment whereas at HIBS he thought we were a proper football club with a real Stadium and Training Centre and that he really bought into us

Then again he also said that looking at both squads he had more chance of starting with HIBS than Hearts ???

Who’s James McCabe

JohnMcM
26-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Who’s James McCabe

I think it might be McPake?

Waxy
26-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Only club in history who think its not fair being relegated if you finish bottom because you spent loads of money trying to avoid that.