PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to ...

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2020, 06:56 AM
The young Irish player that was rated by Roy Keane played for us in the youths but then had a horror leg break? Keane took the time out to wish him well said he had a bright future - something like Kaycee?
Don’t think he ever played first team for us. In the end sat on the books for a year or so but just didn’t work out can’t remember his full name or where he ended up shame.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2020, 07:23 AM
Maybe Connor Cody, that name rings a bell?

Allan M.
21-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Cody Mulhall

Sir David Gray
21-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Maybe Connor Cody, that name rings a bell?

He plays for Wolves.

It was Cody Mulhall.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2020, 07:33 AM
From doing a quick search, he appears to have most recently played for Longford Town in Ireland's second tier but I don't think he has a club at the moment.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Cody Mulhall

That’s the fella!

Onceinawhile
21-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Elias wagner.

Mind him?

We signed him from somewhere - Austria? Then he patched us for hearts and consequently broke his leg. Not sure if he gave it all up after that.

hibstag
21-04-2020, 11:25 AM
The world beater Stirling Albion player that hearts beat us to sign (as an amateur IIRC) Dylan Bikey

dchibs
21-04-2020, 11:30 AM
The world beater Stirling Albion player that hearts beat us to sign (as an amateur IIRC) Dylan Bikey

Did he not get done for taking drugs?

.Sean.
21-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Elias wagner.

Mind him?

We signed him from somewhere - Austria? Then he patched us for hearts and consequently broke his leg. Not sure if he gave it all up after that.
Love an obscure Hibs player thread.

I raise you the Iranian wonder kid Shana Haji and Lua Lua’s nephew Yvan Tomatula

Did we no sign a Brazilian boy called Valdepende or something under Collins

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Islam Feruz?

Craig_HFC
21-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Love an obscure Hibs player thread.

I raise you the Iranian wonder kid Shana Haji and Lua Lua’s nephew Yvan Tomatula

Did we no sign a Brazilian boy called Valdepende or something under Collins

I was trying to think of his name earlier on to post on this thread but couldn't remember it.

Did he not get sacked for stealing from other players in the dressing room? Sure I remember that being a story going about but could be completely made up.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Whatever happened to
Dear old Lenin?
The great Elmyra
And Sancho Panza?
Whatever happened to the heroes?

cocteautwin
21-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Whatever happened to
Dear old Lenin?
The great Elmyra
And Sancho Panza?

Sancho Panza was signed by Levein on a 3 year deal at £4.5k a week, was fat on pies after one game, and now plays for Joppa Argyle reserves on loan but is still on the payroll over at the Tynecastle Omnishambles Stadium. He’ll go back to Venezuela season end 2022 when his contract runs out.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Sancho Panza was signed by Levein on a 3 year deal at £4.5k a week, was fat on pies after one game, and now plays for Joppa Argyle reserves on loan but is still on the payroll over at the Tynecastle Omnishambles Stadium. He’ll go back to Venezuela season end 2022 when his contract runs out.

There was me thinking he was a fictional character from the East Neuk of Fife novel "Don Creosote".

cocteautwin
21-04-2020, 02:00 PM
There was me thinking he was a fictional character from the East Neuk of Fife novel "Don Creosote".

Is Don Creosote any relation to King Creosote? Thanks for the reminder I’m just off to listen to Diamond Mine.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Is Don Creosote any relation to King Creosote? Thanks for the reminder I’m just off to listen to Diamond Mine.

KC's Dad is an old mate of mine. Diamond mine, indeed :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Whatever happened to
Dear old Lenin?
The great Elmyra
And Sancho Panza?

Nice - I requested this Stranglers song and the Hibs Announcer (pre-Taxman) obliged at Half-time in a Derby.
It was After the the Riccarton three has all been bounced out the club and there was more of a level playing field...

cocteautwin
21-04-2020, 02:30 PM

Oh man, listening to it for first time in ages. King Creosote and Jon Hopkins combination, feeling warm after a bottle of nice burgundy and chuckling with the knowledge that the Jambos are going down in slow motion. It would only be better if I was on a Bulgarian balcony or one handed clapping on a pizza near gorgie.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 04:19 PM

I can picture you playing an accordion along with Billy

nonshinyfinish
21-04-2020, 04:27 PM
I do like Diamond Mine, but I'm sticking on KC Rules OK.

ballengeich
21-04-2020, 04:37 PM
Did he not get done for taking drugs?

No. He moved to Cyprus, but came back to the Binos part way through this season.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2020, 04:40 PM
I can picture you playing an accordion along with Billy

No you canny.... couldn't even lift a box, never mind play it. :greengrin

He is a smashing player, though.

ballengeich
21-04-2020, 04:46 PM

Did he head up a rather good ceilidh band? I recall an Anderson led group in Fife who could get everyone dancing at weddings and other parties and wondered if they were relatives.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Did he head up a rather good ceilidh band? I recall an Anderson led group in Fife who could get everyone dancing at weddings and other parties and wondered if they were relatives.

Aye. Billy. Also a DJ on the local radio station. Years ago, he had a music shop in St Andrews.

Apart from KC, another son (Gordon) was a founder member of the Beta Band. Now goes under the name Lone Pigeon.

Another connection is that one of his old drummers, Ian Bayne, ended up in Runrig.

ballengeich
21-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Aye. Billy. Also a DJ on the local radio station. Years ago, he had a music shop in St Andrews.

Apart from KC, another son (Gordon) was a founder member of the Beta Band. Now goes under the name Lone Pigeon.

Another connection is that one of his old drummers, Ian Bayne, ended up in Runrig.

Thanks - brings back memories.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 05:06 PM

The 3rd brother Ian, spelt it Een, performed under the moniker Pip Dylan, very good guitar player and ex boyfriend of KT Tunstall

Gordon, after his Beta Band and Lone Pigeon times was in the band The Aliens. Released a couple of albums. Not sure if they are still a going concern.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 05:09 PM
No you canny.... couldn't even lift a box, never mind play it. :greengrin

He is a smashing player, though.

In Anster and surrounding area Kenny was always known as Billy's laddie. Probably still is.

Bobo
21-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Talking of less kent faces, this is maybe one for older folks, how many remember this guy?

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2020, 05:16 PM
The 3rd brother Ian, spelt it Een, performed under the moniker Pip Dylan, very good guitar player and ex boyfriend of KT Tunstall

Gordon, after his Beta Band and Lone Pigeon times was in the band The Aliens. Released a couple of albums. Not sure if they are still a going concern.

Didn't know about Pip. Cheers :greengrin

I just thought of another one. His niece, Joyce, was a dancer and married another box player and Anderson, Stuart.

They had a wee boy who was famous for 5 minutes in the 80's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iv4_pgSrok

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Talking of less kent faces, this is maybe one for older folks, how many remember this guy?

Ricky Hill?

Bobo
21-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Ricky Hill?

Yeh, I think he played one reserve game against hea7s then went back home to Bermuda because it was too cold for him.

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 06:26 PM

I just thought of another one. His niece, Joyce, was a dancer and married another box player and Anderson, Stuart.

They had a wee boy who was famous for 5 minutes in the 80's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iv4_pgSrok

Bloody hell!
You could spend a lifetime livin' that doon!

CMurdoch
21-04-2020, 06:39 PM
Ricky Hill?

Signed in the winter from Bermuda (Hotels International FC) so the headline was Brrricky Hill.
Played for the reserves but never made it to the first team and returned home after a few months.

Lago
21-04-2020, 06:46 PM

Didn't that just bring back some memories.