PDA

View Full Version : Leeann withdraws from restructure group

CockneyRebel
20-04-2020, 03:41 PM
According to BBC sports news Leeann has withdrawn to focus on the biggest issue which is when can supporters safely return to the stadiums.

Jim44
20-04-2020, 03:44 PM
A woman of principle. What is it that lot say? ......... pleasing:greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
20-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Hibernian's Leeann Dempster has withdrawn from the SPFL's reconstruction group to focus on "the biggest issue facing our game".

Dempster was one of 15 club officials named on Friday as part of the panel, who held their first meeting on Monday.

However, the Easter Road chief executive took no part in that call.

Instead, she will instead work with other clubs "to identify how and when football supporters can safely return to Scottish grounds".

Sounds like no restructuring just survival on the SPFL big boys and girls agenda after todays FM briefing.

Biggie
20-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Well done leeann

Onion
20-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Not disappointed, only surprised she was included in the first place. Budge's unhinged outbursts have compromised the discussions before they've even started, so seeing LD abandoning the sinking ship early is a good call.

The "taskforce" is best left to those with grievances and interested in "righting wrongs" as they see it.

offshorehibby
20-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Maybe she's seen the reaction to her being on it on some of the Hibs forums.

Hibernian Verse
20-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Why is Les Gray heading the task force with Budge? Surely Hamilton have the most to lose from restructuring I.e. 3 relegation spots?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rossevenil
20-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Great decision by Leeann to get out of that shambles and for the right reasons,restructuring doesn`t mean fans can start going to games,that will be the biggest issue getting bums back on seats
ASAP as thats what makes the game possible,not saving a tinpot club who let money slip through their fingers like sand!

LithgaeHibby
20-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Now she can happily vote against anything that Budge et al propose.

Send 'em down!

Stuart93
20-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Superb...I’d be surprised if some of the other members never pulled out too.

Imagine doing the hard work and Ann Budge is coming out in the press and shooting herself & the panel in the foot all the time

Reconstruction, especially temporary, is already a dead rubber

Kojock
20-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Not disappointed, only surprised she was included in the first place. Budge's unhinged outbursts have compromised the discussions before they've even started, so seeing LD abandoning the sinking ship early is a good call.

The "taskforce" is best left to those with grievances and interested in "righting wrongs" as they see it.

Les Gray was saying that everyone in the group asked to be part of it. She has obviously changed her mind over the weekend.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2020, 04:11 PM
I think any changes will be from the Championship to League 2, means we don’t need to be involved at this stage

Onion
20-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Why is Les Gray heading the task force with Budge? Surely Hamilton have the most to lose from restructuring I.e. 3 relegation spots?

He assumed any restructure might be permanent. Probably reconsider his position on the TF once they've reviewed the TOR and Budge confirms it's only to save Hearts - not for the good of the game in general.

Kojock
20-04-2020, 04:16 PM

Les Gray impressed me in his interview on Sunday so much so I’m quite happy for him to be heading it.

147lothian
A good move by Leeann, Les Gray has already said that its them with the most to lose that are making the most noise, now they will be shown up for what the are and Leeann is free to opposite as part of the silent majority

matty_f
Good decision, I get the argument about being able to influence it from the inside but she would have been on a hiding to nothing if she'd been part of that.

HoboHarry
20-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Good decision, I get the argument about being able to influence it from the inside but she would have been on a hiding to nothing if she'd been part of that.
:agree: I agree, I think she may have just witnessed at first hand that it's a futile effort and all the shouting and bawling from Budge has made her step back.

Hibernian Verse
20-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Les Gray impressed me in his interview on Sunday so much so I’m quite happy for him to be heading it.Got a link?

Billy Whizz
20-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Got a link?

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scottish-football/id129625085?i=1000471959147

Hibernian Verse
20-04-2020, 04:24 PM
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scottish-football/id129625085?i=1000471959147Thanks Billy

Kato
20-04-2020, 04:24 PM
Why is Les Gray heading the task force with Budge?

Budge is there to give us all a laugh. So is calling it a "taskforce".

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
20-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Excellent decision. Reconstruction is comical Annie’s ridiculous wee side show that won’t get past first base. We’ve got far more important things to be concerning ourselves with.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Thanks Billy

It’s a good hour, but definitely worth a listen

Lago
20-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Maybe she's seen the reaction to her being on it on some of the Hibs forums.
This

neil7908
20-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Very strange. Not sure why she was ever on it but glad we're out and hopefully that paves the way for us to turn down whatever nonsense they come up with.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2020, 04:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200420/2f8e61f1ebeb1b1c61633f23e300c28e.jpg
Looks like we might be in trouble.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 8 7 5
20-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Good decision from Hibernian.

lord bunberry
20-04-2020, 04:50 PM

I bet he wasn’t ever in the sas either.

ancient hibee
20-04-2020, 04:51 PM

So that the SPFL can say “we appointed people from the two bottom clubs and they can’t come up with anything sensible that the other clubs will agree to.”

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2020, 04:52 PM

:hilarious

It’s amazing how folk grasp at anything to fit into the scenario they want to happen.

BTW I don’t stay in Danderhall.

lord bunberry
20-04-2020, 04:54 PM

It’s amazing how folk grasp at anything to fit into the scenario they want to happen.

You should change your name to ex danderhall hibs. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
20-04-2020, 04:56 PM

Anyone that feels the need to say they're an ex member of the SaS, or worse feels the need to pretend to be one is bound to be an expert on the finances at ER.

We're doomed, I wish we were in Hearts position where they don't expect their chief executive to have too much focus on big ticket items at their own club, like their league position and how they got there, or the megastand perhaps.....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

20-04-2020, 04:58 PM

Think she's made the right decision. Can't see any proposal getting the required vote so best not waste time on it when there is more important things for Hibernian FC right now.
Wishful thinking by the those on Keekback that we're in meltdown. Yet another period of gross mismanagement down Tyniecastle sees them face self destruction once more.
The further LD and Hibs can be from any hair brained ideas that Budge comes up with the better.

Rumble de Thump
20-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Budge has already made it clear she only wants temporary reconstruction (so they are saved from relegation). All clubs involved in potential reconstruction had to be open minded from the beginning and search for the best possible form of reconstruction. Budge's statement has informed everyone she's not willing to do that.

Sudds_1
20-04-2020, 05:01 PM
Anyone that feels the need to say they're an ex member of the SaS, or worse feels the need to pretend to be one is bound to be an expert on the finances at ER.

We're doomed, I wish we were in Hearts position where they don't expect their chief executive to have too much focus on big ticket items at their own club, like their league position and how they got there, or the megastand perhaps.....

...its actually the Sad Ass Society. He probably got dumped 😁

Bostonhibby
20-04-2020, 05:02 PM
...its actually the Sad Ass Society. He probably got dumped [emoji16][emoji23]

Onion
20-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Les Gray was saying that everyone in the group asked to be part of it. She has obviously changed her mind over the weekend.

In 4 short days, Budge has turned this from being a formal review of the structure of the leagues, into a media/sleaze campaign aimed at saving Hearts because she "spent a lot of money". What self-respecting Hibs CEO would want to be a part of that nonsense ?

Budge is in a personal death-spiral and happy drag others with her. In her private moments, she must realise just how much she has ****ed things up over the last few years. Squandered millions for zero gain and her pet project is now about to get flushed down the toilet. Leanne has decided it's best to leave her to it.

WoreTheGreen
20-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Salvation Army substitute

20-04-2020, 05:13 PM

Soft As Sh¡te

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Probably in the TA - Saturdays and Sundays.

gillythehibby
20-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Good News. She'll no feel so bad when she votes they *****s doon. :greengrin

Hibee87
20-04-2020, 05:18 PM
I've never seen SaS use a small a. It always the SAS, and someone who was in the SAS I very much doubt they would openly admit to it as a username, and even more so, spell it incorrectly when you think how particular being a member of the SAS makes you. Either way, true or not, that he was I. It, this seems they try and turn everything I into us being in financial trouble.
LD leaving may be a reaction to the response from here and other social media outlets from fans. Or she already knows from what's she has heard it's not something she will/can get in bosr switch and has removed herself as being seen as a mole to rejecting any proposals put forward.

The bigger issue really is 'when will fans get back'. Closed door games as opposed to no games imo is the most likely thing that will happen here, maybe even for the rest of the year/till a vaccine is found. I recon she is correct to be focusing on that and what to do next, and not squabbling with AB.

WoreTheGreen
20-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Gary the W...k commander

The Harp Awakes
20-04-2020, 05:20 PM
The correct decision by Leeann.

It's become obvious from Budge's rantings over the weekend that rather than proposing a permanent restructuring of the leagues for the benefit of Scottish football, this is all about a temporary fix to save the skins of relegated clubs.

Why would Leeann or Hibs want to be part of a group putting forward that proposal which has no benefit to Hibs or Scottish football - makes no sense.

I'd still like to see a statement from Hibs to say that we will not support any proposal involving a temporary reconstruction of the leagues. If they made that announcement watch the amount of season tickets sold accelerate immediately.

Kojock
20-04-2020, 05:20 PM

The only time he’s been anywhere near the SAS was in the rear of a Scottish Ambulance Service vehicle after getting his knob stuck in a Hoover.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Closest thing he comes to SAS is smoking Embassy ;)

Big_Franck
20-04-2020, 05:21 PM
In 4 short days, Budge has turned this from being a formal review of the structure of the leagues, into a media/sleaze campaign aimed at saving Hearts because she "spent a lot of money". What self-respecting Hibs CEO would want to be a part of that nonsense ?

Budge is in a personal death-spiral and happy drag others with her. In her private moments, she must realise just how much she has ****ed things up over the last few years. Squandered millions for zero gain and her pet project is now about to get flushed down the toilet. Leanne has decided it's best to leave her to it.

Well put :greengrin

This is the right decision for me. It made no sense for her to be on it.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Perhaps there’s another (not so) secret diary of an ex SAS Jambo in the making ...

Carheenlea
20-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Was it not simply that she was identified and invited to sit on the group and has politely declined the invite?

20-04-2020, 05:28 PM
Maybe the invite was sent to the clubs before it was announced Budge was heading up the taskforce. Leeann probably realised pretty quickly it was going to Budge's usual omnishambles of a cluster**** but sensibly waited a few days before leaving so it wasn't so obvious why. I can see others leaving as well when they begin to realise they'll be getting railroaded into voting for whatever proposal they come up with.

It seems highly likely it's going to be a 14 team league with a 6/8 or 8/6 split after 26 games and they'll have to decide whether or not to put temporary or permanent or a choice of either to the clubs to vote on.

jacomo
20-04-2020, 05:30 PM

Les Gray is a long term proponent of restructuring although I don’t know the detail of his plan. He’s seen an opportunity here but Budge will make a mess of it, as always.

Baader
20-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Ex member of the SaS. It's a three letter acronym and he still manages to get it wrong. :faf:

Another deluded fantasist.

Could be the Slavering a#$eholes Society but then 'ex-member' would be incorrect.

jacomo
20-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Good decision from Hibernian.

:agree:

jacomo
20-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Closest thing he comes to SAS is smoking Embassy ;)

:faf:

Alan62
20-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Budge as leader of the task force is a masterstroke by the SPFL. It's an impossible task. She's highly unlikely to come up with any kind of palatable solution but she now has to try to come up with something that doesn't just sound like she's saving Hearts for a year or so - which, in fact, is all that she's really interested in. Les Gray is there to constantly remind her that her solution can't compromise clubs like Hamilton, further boxing her in.

There's going to be a lot of Zoom-based gum-bumping and teeth-gnashing before they reach the conclusion that it's impossible, though, and Leeann is right to focus her valuable time elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2020, 05:40 PM
The only time he’s been anywhere near the SAS was in the rear of a Scottish Ambulance Service vehicle after getting his knob stuck in a Hoover.

I told Boltonhibs it was more common than he thought.

Kojock
20-04-2020, 05:49 PM
I told Boltonhibs it was more common than he thought.

FFS I feel sorry for the hoover 😂

WestStandMoaner
20-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Maybe the invite was sent to the clubs before it was announced Budge was heading up the taskforce. Leeann probably realised pretty quickly it was going to Budge's usual omnishambles of a cluster**** but sensibly waited a few days before leaving so it wasn't so obvious why. I can see others leaving as well when they begin to realise they'll be getting railroaded into voting for whatever proposal they come up with.

It seems highly likely it's going to be a 14 team league with a 6/8 or 8/6 split after 26 games and they'll have to decide whether or not to put temporary or permanent or a choice of either to the clubs to vote on.

Yesterday I would have agreed about it being likely I don't think it will happen at all it is obvious there is going to be no football for several months. First Minister has just said no football anytime soon LD realises this and has done the right thing the priority is survival. If no football is played beyond August all clubs are in trouble. Reconstruction at a time of a national emergency, only in Scotland would we even consider this. Get that lot down and concentrate on how and when we can get playing again that is the only working group we should have right now.

Hibby70
20-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Zoom allows you to have a different background. Wonder if Ann will choose one of a completed stand.

Keith_M
20-04-2020, 05:57 PM
I think she realises the discussion around restructuring was a 'concession' to Dundee, to get them to submit their vote, and will actually have one objective, of saving Hearts from relegation.

I'm sure there's far more important things she could be doing with her time.

The 90+2
20-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Good news. **** the hearts.

lord bunberry
20-04-2020, 06:01 PM
Probably in the TA - Saturdays and Sundays.
He should probably have his username pixelated.

Joe6-2
20-04-2020, 06:02 PM
Zoom allows you to have a different background. Wonder if Ann will choose one of a completed stand.

Not theirs then?

WestStandMoaner
20-04-2020, 06:19 PM

Yesterday I would have agreed about it being likely I don't think it will happen at all it is obvious there is going to be no football for several months. First Minister has just said no football anytime soon LD realises this and has done the right thing the priority is survival. If no football is played beyond August all clubs are in trouble. Reconstruction at a time of a national emergency, only in Scotland would we even consider this. Get that lot down and concentrate on how and when we can get playing again that is the only working group we should have right now.

jacomo
20-04-2020, 06:20 PM
LD paraphrased: ‘In the grand scheme of things, Hearts just aren’t that important’

20-04-2020, 06:30 PM

Yes, you could be right. I hadn't seen Nicola Sturgeon's comments until after I'd posted. Even talking about reconstruction when we've no idea when football will resume seems pointless. Wait until we know what we're working with and take it from there.

Maybe that's why Budge is so keen to get it pushed through so quickly. Get it done before the government put a spanner in the works. Either that or she's keen to get it done before their status is changed to a Championship club.

She doesn't normally rush thing, takes her time completing a stand, takes her time to decide Levein needs to go then takes her time replacing him. Complained the vote on calling the leagues was done too quickly even though she knew clubs desperately needed the money. Taking her time agreeing the wages situation with the players when she was lauded as being a great visionary by thinking about it before everyone else. I'm not so sure she was first to think about it, she was just first to go running to the press about it and ended up, not for the first time, shooting herself in the foot. She must only have 1 or 2 toes left.

So it seems to me she's not one for doing things quickly so why the rush all of a sudden? Les Gray, who I'd believe ahead of her, reckons the end of May is a more realistic a timescale though Nicola Sturgeon's comments may well throw their plans up in the air.

Hibees1973
20-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Found it strange she got involved in the first place.

With Granny Budge and the Accies chairman leading the group, incidentally the bottom 2 clubs in the league, instinct tells me they only want to save themselves. Think Hibs should just keep their counsel and let Hearts **** their pants.

Much as I feel what the likely outcome is not fair, time will tell if they come up with a solution that gets the votes they need.

With all that has gone on, UEFA are the key player when they announce their guidelines this week.

hibees 7062
20-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Bet he’s got the tattoo though

WoreTheGreen
20-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Bet he’s got the tattoo though

Is not cancelled this year

hibees 7062
20-04-2020, 06:57 PM
It'll be an old jail one

Sammy7nil
20-04-2020, 07:01 PM

I bet that is a double bluff and you do live in Danner Hall :greengrin

Rumble de Thump
20-04-2020, 07:18 PM
In my experience it's best to pull out before things get messy.

04Sauzee
20-04-2020, 07:20 PM
In my experience it's best to pull out before things get messy.

😳😳

poolman
20-04-2020, 07:23 PM

Tattoo is cancelled

Kato
20-04-2020, 07:31 PM
In my experience it's best to pull out before things get messy.Leann got off at Haymarket.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
20-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Les Gray is a long term proponent of restructuring although I don’t know the detail of his plan. He’s seen an opportunity here but Budge will make a mess of it, as always.

That's Right, That's Right, That's Right, That's Right

Topographic Hibby
20-04-2020, 08:16 PM
That's Right, That's Right, That's Right, That's Right
That's Neat, That's Neat, That's Neat, That's Neat....:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
20-04-2020, 08:27 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Wz1ryfBG/FE146339-E221-432-F-9999-4450-B5-ED1-AE0.png (https://postimages.org/)

CentreLine
20-04-2020, 08:30 PM
That's Neat, That's Neat, That's Neat, That's Neat....:thumbsup:

Really love really love really love

CentreLine
20-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Really love really love really love

My mate’s mother thought the next line finished “side of beef” 🤣

weecounty hibby
20-04-2020, 08:35 PM
I can just see how these conversations have gone
SPFL "Right Ann you re going to lead this erm, what will we call it, oh aye taskforce" s******s all round
Queen Ann " I am the person to do this, you just have to look at my track record of success at hearts, the stand, the pitch the league position, the cash situation, the multiple directors if football, the money we have spent time avoid relegation"
SPFL "Righto Queen Ann, who would you like in this taskforce?"
Queen Ann "I'd lik LeeAnn as she is always looking for my advice on how to run a football club. I mean who wouldn't when you out my track record against hers?"
SPFL "Ok Anne no doubt because you are so big and powerful and in charge of the famous, I'm sure that's no problem"
SPFL "Hi Leeann, that daft auld tart Budge wants you on her taskforce, yeah we know but we had to make her feel important"
LD "Tell her to GTF and that hearts are going down!"
SPFL "Want to work on something that will hopefully get us back to football?"

king stanton
20-04-2020, 09:21 PM

SCOTTISH AMBULANCE SERVICE perhaps ? Fine body of people that it is ! There’s only one club up the sw- Annie and it ain’t us !

Bostonhibby
20-04-2020, 09:29 PM
SCOTTISH AMBULANCE SERVICE perhaps ? Fine body of people that it is ! There’s only one club up the sw- Annie and it ain’t us !That's probably it, his name is a homage to the Scottish Ambulance Service in recognition of them being on Hearts very own creditors list as a result of being bumped out of £2464 by that morally, and it turned out, financially bankrupt institution.

Joe6-2
20-04-2020, 09:33 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Wz1ryfBG/FE146339-E221-432-F-9999-4450-B5-ED1-AE0.png (https://postimages.org/)

Between this and the ‘generic Herts thread’ it’s been a real glam rock day!

jacomo
20-04-2020, 09:42 PM
I can just see how these conversations have gone
SPFL "Right Ann you re going to lead this erm, what will we call it, oh aye taskforce" s******s all round
Queen Ann " I am the person to do this, you just have to look at my track record of success at hearts, the stand, the pitch the league position, the cash situation, the multiple directors if football, the money we have spent time avoid relegation"
SPFL "Righto Queen Ann, who would you like in this taskforce?"
Queen Ann "I'd lik LeeAnn as she is always looking for my advice on how to run a football club. I mean who wouldn't when you out my track record against hers?"
SPFL "Ok Anne no doubt because you are so big and powerful and in charge of the famous, I'm sure that's no problem"
SPFL "Hi Leeann, that daft auld tart Budge wants you on her taskforce, yeah we know but we had to make her feel important"
LD "Tell her to GTF and that hearts are going down!"
SPFL "Want to work on something that will hopefully get us back to football?"

LD: ‘Hi Ron, Ive been invited onto the task force. It will be a s*** show and I think I should stay clear.’
RG: “They seem to have announced you are on it already? LOL”
LD: “Like I said, s*** show”

Iain G
20-04-2020, 10:15 PM
I've never seen SaS use a small a. It always the SAS, and someone who was in the SAS I very much doubt they would openly admit to it as a username, and even more so, spell it incorrectly when you think how particular being a member of the SAS makes you. Either way, true or not, that he was I. It, this seems they try and turn everything I into us being in financial trouble.
LD leaving may be a reaction to the response from here and other social media outlets from fans. Or she already knows from what's she has heard it's not something she will/can get in bosr switch and has removed herself as being seen as a mole to rejecting any proposals put forward.

The bigger issue really is 'when will fans get back'. Closed door games as opposed to no games imo is the most likely thing that will happen here, maybe even for the rest of the year/till a vaccine is found. I recon she is correct to be focusing on that and what to do next, and not squabbling with AB.

So is it Alan Shearer or Chris Sutton then?

Ozyhibby
20-04-2020, 10:46 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52359232?__twitter_impression=true

https://twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1252311823912701953?s=21

04Sauzee
20-04-2020, 10:47 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52359232?__twitter_impression=true

https://twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1252311823912701953?s=21

And Tom English having a pop

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1252366546132848642?s=19

Ozyhibby
20-04-2020, 10:52 PM
And Tom English having a pop

https://twitter.com/TEnglishSport/status/1252366546132848642?s=19

Not sure what he is having a pop about. We voted to call the bottom three divisions but there is a hold on the premiership. She is saying there is a bit of time to wait and see what happens. Pretty consistent if you ask me.

The 90+2
20-04-2020, 11:07 PM
Not sure what he is having a pop about. We voted to call the bottom three divisions but there is a hold on the premiership. She is saying there is a bit of time to wait and see what happens. Pretty consistent if you ask me.

He’s having a pop because he lives up Budges arse now. Weird how the reporter has changed. He’s like a bad guy from Sherlock or something and he looks weird.

SMAXXA
20-04-2020, 11:07 PM

Cause he’s a hearts ******* and hates Hibs. Honestly can’t stand him

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2020, 01:43 AM

Probably right. This was a chance for Budge to save Hearts bacon, if a well thought out and considered plan was put forward where clubs could be persuaded that the long term benefits outweigh any short term losses reconstruction might have had a chance, especially considering there will be clubs who had it in mind before now.

But she has already started off in the worst possible way. Far from deflecting accusations that this is all about saving Hearts she has confirmed it by proposing a one season reconstruction. Her job is to persuade clubs that her 'task force' is looking at a better future for Scottish football, not just a better future for Heart of Midlothian. Even if everybody knows that's what its all about for her, the last, the very last, thing she should have done is all but confirm it, because by not doing so at least clubs could have pretended this wasn't all about Hearts.

Looking at that its no wonder LD took a step back because no Hibby, not even me, is going to accept a one season fix just to help Hearts. By doing what she's done Budge has definitely lost Hibs in a situation where before things started she was already on thin ice ..... the woman couldnae run a bath FFS.

jacomo
21-04-2020, 06:08 AM
A well thought out and considered plan? From Ann Budge?

In her interview with Tom English, she thought it was important to describe the difference between ‘working group’ and ‘task force’. In her view, the latter sounds much more urgent and important.

She then admitted that she hadn’t read previous proposals for reconstruction in detail and has no idea why they weren’t successful, but wanted to be sent all relevant documentation urgently so she could start reading about it.

She is so hopelessly out of her depth, her next move will probably be to release a heavily edited video of journalists praising her for her response to the Coronavirus crisis.

Keith_M
21-04-2020, 07:33 AM
“Ann Budge is already talking about making a temporary change. But you can’t tell me it’s from the point of view of what is best for Scottish football as a whole."

“The people who are doing all the complaining and the ones who want change are the sides in those positions. "

Then we go and put the two teams who are bottom of the league in charge of the reconstruction talks.

“I just feel all of this is being done just to find a way to stop teams going down."

Elgin Chairman Graham Tatters (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-acting-hearts-self-21897432)

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2020, 11:32 AM
“Ann Budge is already talking about making a temporary change. But you can’t tell me it’s from the point of view of what is best for Scottish football as a whole."

“The people who are doing all the complaining and the ones who want change are the sides in those positions. "

Then we go and put the two teams who are bottom of the league in charge of the reconstruction talks.

“I just feel all of this is being done just to find a way to stop teams going down."

Elgin Chairman Graham Tatters (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-acting-hearts-self-21897432)

Well 'dah' .... Of course it is and I don't see why anybody should have a problem with that in a situation where at least two of them were far from certainties for the drop when a halt was called to the league. It's all about reducing the damage to as few clubs as possible from what is a unique situation ... I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Notwithstanding the fact that some of the clubs who are now so keen on the idea wouldn't have been prior to this season ... it doesn't change the fact that reconstruction is without doubt the best way to help everybody.

Ozyhibby
21-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Well 'dah' .... Of course it is and I don't see why anybody should have a problem with that in a situation where at least two of them were far from certainties for the drop when a halt was called to the league. It's all about reducing the damage to as few clubs as possible from what is a unique situation ... I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Notwithstanding the fact that some of the clubs who are now so keen on the idea wouldn't have been prior to this season ... it doesn't change the fact that reconstruction is without doubt the best way to help everybody.

Reconstruction does not help everybody. What makes you say that?
It does not help Hibs at all.

Stanton Spence
21-04-2020, 12:35 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSpot on
I'm for having a good look at reconstruction but that takes time and stability and right now isn't the time

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2020, 12:42 PM

OK .... Not everybody, there is no solution here that will help or protect everybody, but IMO it is the one that will help as many clubs as possible. By the way, I always make the case for this along the lines that IMO it is the solution that will help 'as many clubs as possible' ..... typical that I get jumped on the first time I inadvertently say 'all' ... I'm well aware that isn't the case.

I would maintain that clubs who cant be saved from damage by reconstruction were clubs who were going to be damaged anyway ... so by having reconstruction its not as if they are paying any higher a price .. apart from a possible slight reduction in TV or prize money which every club will have to suck up depending on how reconstruction is formatted if it happens.

21-04-2020, 01:12 PM
A well thought out and considered plan? From Ann Budge?

In her interview with Tom English, she thought it was important to describe the difference between ‘working group’ and ‘task force’. In her view, the latter sounds much more urgent and important.

She then admitted that she hadn’t read previous proposals for reconstruction in detail and has no idea why they weren’t successful, but wanted to be sent all relevant documentation urgently so she could start reading about it.

She is so hopelessly out of her depth, her next move will probably be to release a heavily edited video of journalists praising her for her response to the Coronavirus crisis.

So never had the slightest interest in reconstruction until now.

21-04-2020, 01:33 PM

Hearts were 6 points from guaranteed safety and over 30 games were on an average on three quarters of a point per game so on that ratio would have only scored a further 6 points. They'd only had 1 win against the bottom 6 teams at the point the league was stopped so any argument saying that because they'd be playing their last 5 games against the bottom teams so were confident of getting themselves out of trouble is blatant nonsense. I'd say they were very far from certainties for getting to safety.

We were 9 points behind Motherwell and 8 behind Aberdeen. Our points average was 1 and a quarter points per game so at that average would have scored 10 more points. Arguably we had a better chance of catching Aberdeen or Motherwell and I don't see any of us complaining about being cheated out of a possible European place.

PatHead
21-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Hearts were 6 points from guaranteed safety and over 30 games were on an average on three quarters of a point per game so on that ratio would have only scored a further 6 points. They'd only had 1 win against the bottom 6 teams at the point the league was stopped so any argument saying that because they'd be playing their last 5 games against the bottom teams so were confident of getting themselves out of trouble is blatant nonsense. I'd say they were very far from certainties for getting to safety.

We were 9 points behind Motherwell and 8 behind Aberdeen. Our points average was 1 and a quarter points per game so at that average would have scored 10 more points. Arguably we had a better chance of catching Aberdeen or Motherwell and I don't see any of us complaining about being cheated out of a possible European place.
Not to mention that they had an awful away record so odds on they would pick up many points away. Any team beating them also extended the gap.

HoboHarry
21-04-2020, 06:59 PM
Phil Mac saying that LD mentioned a "meteor" heading towards Scottish football - anyone know what that's about?

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/04/21/why-even-bruce-willis-cannot-save-sevco/

hibbyfraelibby
21-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Phil Mac saying that LD mentioned a "meteor" heading towards Scottish football - anyone know what that's about?

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/04/21/why-even-bruce-willis-cannot-save-sevco/

Listen to her interview.

Lago
21-04-2020, 07:17 PM

No football probably being played in the immediate future.

offshorehibby
21-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Leeann's in today's press saying 'the impact of corona virus on Scottish football is like a meteor hitting the game'

matty_f
21-04-2020, 08:36 PM

From the Viz 👍🏻👍🏻

The Count
23-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Have Budgie and her Task Force reached the Falkland Islands yet?