PDA

View Full Version : Stadium investment

Ozyhibby
20-04-2020, 09:41 AM
Has there been any word from the club on whether the stadium investment in the summer is still going ahead?
Obviously the economic circumstances have changed but the need for the investment long term is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Has there been any word from the club on whether the stadium investment in the summer is still going ahead?
Obviously the economic circumstances have changed but the need for the investment long term is still there.

Economics, schmeconomics.

I, for one, won’t be happy until we have a pitch that fully retracts, to reveal an underground lair full of henchmen in orange boiler suits and a very kitsch 60s-style chrome office, where Rod Petrie is set up, with a cigar and a cat on his lap. And to get to the office you have to walk across a bridge, over an indoor pond filled with sharks. Sharks with lasers perhaps.

That and a fifth stand. And maybe some decent catering.

lyonhibs
20-04-2020, 09:54 AM

I, for one, won’t be happy until we have a pitch that fully retracts, to reveal an underground lair full of henchmen in orange boiler suits and a very kitsch 60s-style chrome office, where Rod Petrie is set up, with a cigar and a cat on his lap. And to get to the office you have to walk across a bridge, over an indoor pond filled with sharks. Sharks with lasers perhaps.

I'm led to believe that following COVID 19, belts have to be tightened and thus the pond will only be filled with koi and carp until further notice.

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2020, 09:56 AM
I'm led to believe that following COVID 19, belts have to be tightened and thus the pond will only be filled with koi and carp until further notice.

Where’s the ambition Hibs :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2020, 09:56 AM

Specially trained, ex SAS, killer koi though.

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2020, 09:57 AM

Hold on........carp with lasers?

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Where’s the ambition Hibs :rolleyes:

You can get them cheap just now.

Carp diem!

(sic)

Mibbes Aye
20-04-2020, 10:00 AM

Carp diem!

(sic)

I shouldn’t like that but I do :greengrin

Since90+2
20-04-2020, 10:12 AM

Would imagine it's very very unlikely. It's not the time to be undertaking non essential infrastructure work.

Caversham Green
20-04-2020, 10:21 AM

Carp diem!

(sic)

Fish going cheep? That's not something you see every day.

They could probably make seagulls go woof too if those lasers are powerful enough.

Keith_M
20-04-2020, 10:27 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/19wtaETbBi9Qtss1ENBRM0lcyz-VPcXYcoruDcJ5aXwclzG2sId1sKtbdLHWG71Y8PXuSMSTEodGp CtvBsLyQdyBi90OCLm2ltKIy3e484D9uJEStrQ9R8rbZaopcRr cH1UTRECvEQd7fGaV9TKYENbHNFjKkbTdoEI

jacomo
20-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Would imagine it's very very unlikely. It's not the time to be undertaking non essential infrastructure work.

I think it is essential, or at least a high priority.

ER is a fine stadium but no doubt it is looking tired. Preventative maintenance now will stop bigger problems down the line.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2020, 10:58 AM
We will no doubt do vital stadium maintenance, coz not to will cost in the long run. But all the stuff Ron Gordon talked about at the AGM is probably and understandably oot the windae at this point.

ancient hibee
20-04-2020, 11:08 AM
We will no doubt do vital stadium maintenance, coz not to will cost in the long run. But all the stuff Ron Gordon talked about at the AGM is probably and understandably oot the windae at this point.

Hope the windae will be opened first otherwise that’ll be more expense.

Keith_M
20-04-2020, 11:15 AM
I wonder if the club would consider accepting volunteers to help with basic stadium maintenance. I remember there was something similar quite recently, with painting the steps.

I would imagine this could be done with a reasonable degree of social distancing, people working reasonably far apart, etc.

I'd actually like to do that, although I'm not sure if the police would accept it as a reasonable excuse for travelling all the way from Glasgow. Maybe I could go and help out at Firhill.....

Ozyhibby
20-04-2020, 11:15 AM

The way the economy is, it’s possible we can get it done cheaper just now rather than waiting though.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2020, 11:41 AM
The way the economy is, it’s possible we can get it done cheaper just now rather than waiting though.

Indeed .... IIRC the east stand was built in similar circumstances when we took advantage of steel prices being low and the building industry also being short of work.

But the problem we have along with the rest of football is that we dont know when we will be in a position to generate income. Even a bargain isn't of much use if spending money on it could end up hurting you further down the line.

Since452
20-04-2020, 11:56 AM
I would doubt we'd be spending money on the stadium now

surreyhibbie
20-04-2020, 12:16 PM

Don't get carried away mate...

jacomo
20-04-2020, 01:19 PM

Yeah fair enough.

where'stheslope
20-04-2020, 01:36 PM
Is this Hertz in disguise, or just in anagram form?????

SquashedFrogg
20-04-2020, 01:50 PM

The way the economy is, it's possibly worthwhile postponing any non-essential investment.

CentreLine
21-04-2020, 12:50 AM
The way the economy is, it's possibly worthwhile postponing any non-essential investment.

Can’t even consider the matter until lockdown is lifted and construction companies are back to work. At that point the rather touchy subject of funding will dictate what happen but my ever diminishing money is on it not being top of the priorities list just then.

scm70nyd1973
21-04-2020, 03:26 AM

Crocodiles imported from the rivers of deepest darkest Central Africa if you please - oh and in addition to a “fifth” stand can we also please have a “filth” stand only to be used for the visit of two particular clubs (if they still exist of course) 🤭

Green_one
21-04-2020, 07:01 AM
Crocodiles imported from the rivers of deepest darkest Central Africa if you please - oh and in addition to a “fifth” stand can we also please have a “filth” stand only to be used for the visit of two particular clubs (if they still exist of course) 🤭

I am against a fifth stand as it raises the key question - will we place the singing section in this stand?

Obviously, I am for any crocodiles, especially if combined with your particular clubs

I am glad we are not being diverted at this challenging time

Crazyhorse
21-04-2020, 07:07 AM

I hope that’s going to include a cunning device for what big clubs call the chips. I’ve often dreamt that one day we might get those at ER.

Chorley Hibee
21-04-2020, 07:34 AM

I think all of the above is achievable....bar the catering.

Hibs4185
21-04-2020, 09:00 AM
Show the hearts documentary on our new big screen. That will easily let it pay for itself.

20,000 hibs fans paying £25 each to pish themselves laughing.

jacomo
21-04-2020, 09:53 AM
I am against a fifth stand as it raises the key question - will we place the singing section in this stand?

Obviously, I am for any crocodiles, especially if combined with your particular clubs

I am glad we are not being diverted at this challenging time

The Scottish fishing industry is in real trouble, because markets for their produce have collapsed. For this reason, I would favour replacing the crocodiles with psychotic half-starved lobsters.

Dan Sarf
21-04-2020, 10:25 AM
The problem, of course, is social distancing. How can you keep the players apart, never mind the fans?

Teams staying in their own halfs would lead to hoofball which we don't want. So how about if players took up positions from the kick off, like those bar football games where little footballers are all in a row fixed on a spinning pole? We wouldn't need the pole, obviously, and the real players needn't do handstands (unless they wanted to). They just mustn't move closer to each other. No, think about it. It could be quite exciting.

we are hibs
21-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Dont think social distancing would affect the famous 5 lower...

Keith_M
21-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Dont think social distancing would affect the famous 5 lower...

:duck:

:greengrin