PDA

View Full Version : Which Hibs players are out of contract in June?

Lee Marvin
20-04-2020, 08:12 AM
Recently, Hibs have had lots of players out of contract each season and have had to almost start again every summer. Traditionally, this is less than ideal.

In the current climate, the converse is probably true as clubs can automatically reduce their wage bill. It going to be survival of the fittest and those clubs with fewer liabilities will stand the best chance of coming out the other side of the pandemic (clearly accounting for others factors too)

Does anyone know who is out of contract? I believe there is less than usual.

Big_Franck
20-04-2020, 08:16 AM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

If you could keep one who would it be? Docherty for me. I'm hoping sevco's problems make them easier to deal with.

Lee Marvin
20-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

If you could keep one who would it be? Docherty for me. I'm hoping sevco's problems make them easier to deal with.

In the current climate, I see none of those staying. Hibs will go with what they have left until normality resumes, IMO.

Youth should get a chance next season. Spending money would be reckless.

SMAXXA
20-04-2020, 08:23 AM
In the current climate, I see none of those staying. Hibs will go with what they have left until normality resumes, IMO.

Totally disagree why would it be reckless if they have the money and have a budget that permits you to spend within it well you do that. Don’t agree with the blanket no spending anymore, club will do what’s best I have every faith who’s includes starting to pay the players the cash they deferred first.

Big_Franck
20-04-2020, 08:24 AM

I'd agree that spending money is unlikely, unless McGinn moves on from Villa. If that happens then we might be in a very strong position in comparison to our competitors in Scotland and spending a small fee on the likes of Docherty would be good business IMO.

I'd hope Jamie Gullan would kick on next year and become an important part of the first team as well.

Lee Marvin
20-04-2020, 08:26 AM
Totally disagree why would it be reckless if they have the money and have a budget that permits you to spend within it well you do that. Don’t agree with the blanket no spending anymore, club will do what’s best I have every faith who’s includes starting to pay the players the cash they deferred first.

Obviously they will pay the players what they are owed. That's a given.

Football is in big big trouble. Lots of clubs may not survive this and that is the most important thing for Hibs - to have a club in 2 years time.

I dont think you will see many clubs signing players this summer (unless it's to fulfil a basic squad quota).

H18 SFR
20-04-2020, 09:17 AM

I can see us having a period of tight spending to build larger cash reserves moving forward.

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 09:27 AM
I can see us having a period of tight spending to build larger cash reserves moving forward.

I think that there's all sorts of economic mentalness to come in the coming months and it will take years to recover from the current situation.

Does anyone really know how things are going to pan out? Are the TV companies going to be able to continue paying the amounts they do for football coverage if they have less subscribers and their advertisers have less money?

Sorry, I know it's a thread about Hibs players - but hopefully Ron, Leeann and the board will do the necessary to more us forward during and after this unprecedented situation.

H18 SFR
20-04-2020, 10:05 AM
I think that there's all sorts of economic mentalness to come in the coming months and it will take years to recover from the current situation.

Does anyone really know how things are going to pan out? Are the TV companies going to be able to continue paying the amounts they do for football coverage if they have less subscribers and their advertisers have less money?

Sorry, I know it's a thread about Hibs players - but hopefully Ron, Leeann and the board will do the necessary to more us forward during and after this unprecedented situation.

Agreed! I'd personally like to see us build larger cash reserves, the same as I am sure many of us are doing at home over the coming weeks and months etc.

Bishop Hibee
20-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Given season 20/21 has to be in doubt too, we shouldn’t be signing any new players.

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 10:27 AM
Agreed! I'd personally like to see us build larger cash reserves, the same as I am sure many of us are doing at home over the coming weeks and months etc.

Yep. I've easily enough work to keep me occupied working from home for a couple of months and I'm saving a fair bit of money in the meantime, but I've no idea what knock-on effect there'll be further down the line.

The 90+2
20-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

Can only see Bogdan being at the club next season.

ancient hibee
20-04-2020, 11:13 AM
As four of these players are not Hibs players it’s hardly up to the club.

H18 SFR
20-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

Back to the original discussion, I would like to see us offer Whittaker a one year deal with a wage appropriate to his age and current wider financial aspects.

I'd also like to see Bogdan offered a longer deal, perhaps two years, we will need two good goalies, even more so if Rocky moves on.

I would also offer Slivka a deal for one year.

steviehibsleith
20-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Back to the original discussion, I would like to see us offer Whittaker a one year deal with a wage appropriate to his age and current wider financial aspects.

I'd also like to see Bogdan offered a longer deal, perhaps two years, we will need two good goalies, even more so if Rocky moves on.

I would also offer Slivka a deal for one year.

I wouldn’t offer any of them a deal. Sounds harsh but right now forget UEFA/FIFA listen to Uk and first minister. We may not be playing till September even then behind closed doors.
Let’s say 8weeks before back in training that’s 8 x 3 (players you would sign) x £2k weekly = 48 k for 3 players to sit at home

Also there will be loads of players out there, I don’t say that with any glee sorry to anyone financially effected but we need to be careful with our money.
When we get a start date for training then enter the market

Billy Whizz
20-04-2020, 03:08 PM
If we are possibly looking at not playing until October, you wouldn’t have thought too many clubs will be signing players in the next transfer window, whenever that maybe
Could be paying them for an unknown time, before being able to use them

Onceinawhile
20-04-2020, 03:41 PM
If its only one, I'd keep docherty. Other than that I'd probably only keep bogdan tbh.

steviehibsleith
20-04-2020, 03:43 PM
Although not effecting us directly as we are not in the government furlough scheme it interesting to note that all clubs that have furloughed players will have to renew their contract before it ends to continue to claim.
So come Last day in May a player will require a contract renewal or he will be unable to be entered on a furlough scheme with his current or future club

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Although not effecting us directly as we are not in the government furlough scheme it interesting to note that all clubs that have furloughed players will have to renew their contract before it ends to continue to claim.
So come Last day in May a player will require a contract renewal or he will be unable to be entered on a furlough scheme with his current or future clubOut of contract players don't get paid. There's nothing new in that.

erin go bragh
21-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

Swap them Kamberi for Doherty.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Swap Kamberi for a packet of crisps. Never want that rat back at Easter Road.

LeithMike
21-04-2020, 04:01 PM
I'd take Docherty but my first priority would be Omeonga.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ScottB
21-04-2020, 05:01 PM

Because nobody can likely accurately predict what next season’s budget will be.

When will football be allowed to start, when will crowds be allowed back in, will we get any further spells of full on lockdown with no football, will the wider economic turmoil impact season ticket sales, match day revenue, corporate hospitality, strip sales etc etc. All these issues will greatly effect how much it will be sensible for the club to spend.

Greenworld
21-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Bogdan
Whittaker
Naismith
Omeonga
Slivka
Docherty
McNulty

If you could keep one who would it be? Docherty for me. I'm hoping sevco's problems make them easier to deal with.Naismith omeonga doherty three for me

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
21-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Bogdan - Keep if his wage isn't massive and there's a possibility of Rocky leaving.
Whittaker - Probably time to call it a day, perhaps a proper coaching role.
Naismith - 50/50 on him staying, if Ross see's something then fine but I won't lose sleep if he goes either.
Omeonga - Try and retain
Slivka - Times up sadly.
Docherty - Rangers might not be able to build the squad they want to stop 10 in a row so perhaps a permanent swap for Flo could be a goer for them?
McNulty - Don't retain

A bit of a mixed bag there. There's probably a couple of players that you'd normally like to see move on who are under contract but the market might not be there for them.

judas
21-04-2020, 05:47 PM

I’m inclined to agree - to some extent.

The loan players will be on their way I feel.

The balance will remain and that will be partly due to a lack of alternatives in a stagnant player market.

All player salaries will be reset where it is legally possible to do so. Most clubs will be haemorrhaging cash with little opportunity to recover it.

Personally I’d like to see Slivka and McNulty go.

jacomo
21-04-2020, 09:29 PM
As four of these players are not Hibs players it’s hardly up to the club.

Fair point. The situation with loan players is unpredictable to say the least.

Of the other three, who knows? Can’t imagine Slivka staying, he will probably want to try his luck elsewhere.

I like Bogdan and would be happy for him to stay. Also Whittaker is apparently great with the young players and had some good games last season so maybe we can find a way for him to stay on?

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Fair point. The situation with loan players is unpredictable to say the least.

Of the other three, who knows? Can’t imagine Slivka staying, he will probably want to try his luck elsewhere.

I like Bogdan and would be happy for him to stay. Also Whittaker is apparently great with the young players and had some good games last season so maybe we can find a way for him to stay on?

Agree re Adam. We need to hold on to him. As for Whitty I get the impression he is being groomed as part of succession planning in our coaching structure. He was oart of the interim post Hecky team and performed well.

wills
22-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Think the transfer window will be moved or extended to ease the situation

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2020, 03:39 PM
Think the transfer window will be moved or extended to ease the situation

You assume football is exempt from contract a d employment law if you think that will help. Jean Marc Bosman proved footballers were human beings with rights and not the property of their clus, or slaves to be held on to or "sold"

Craigmount Hibs
22-04-2020, 04:45 PM
I understand Slivka turned down the offer of a new contract, on reduced terms, a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, he'll be really regretting that now.

Unseen work
22-04-2020, 04:56 PM
I think we’re being managed very well through this and hope it continues like this

Although I think it’s very hard times right now, the club need to think about how big football will be when it’s back (whenever that is) and that there will be a real opportunity to kick on when others might be struggling

A lot of players may become available - the likes of Docherty etc as their parent club will want them off the wage bill to help their finances.

If the club are brave when it’s back up and running there is potential to get really good players in for a bit of a cut price.

Ozyhibby
22-04-2020, 05:32 PM
I don’t think there will be any signings or new contracts given to any players until we have definite start date for a new season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk