PDA

View Full Version : Old Hibs DVD

calumhibee1
19-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Seen on Twitter this guy has posted some old colour clips of the tornadoes apparently from an old Scottish football Facebook group. Does any know of/have the Hibs DVD or VHS this is from? If so, would they be willing to upload it for all to watch?

https://twitter.com/binzoboy

BILLYHIBS
19-04-2020, 09:03 PM
Seen on Twitter this guy has posted some old colour clips of the tornadoes apparently from an old Scottish football Facebook group. Does any know of/have the Hibs DVD or VHS this is from? If so, would they be willing to upload it for all to watch?

Link no working Calum

brog
19-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Link no working Calum

It's been taken down. Concerns over rights.

BILLYHIBS
19-04-2020, 09:14 PM
It's been taken down. Concerns over rights.

Click on the link brought up on my post working fine

linlithgowhibbie
19-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Seen on Twitter this guy has posted some old colour clips of the tornadoes apparently from an old Scottish football Facebook group. Does any know of/have the Hibs DVD or VHS this is from? If so, would they be willing to upload it for all to watch

Absolute brilliant footage/memories:thumbsup:

BILLYHIBS
19-04-2020, 09:16 PM
The 3-0 doing handed out to Aberdeen was a warning to others 😃

Stanton Spence
19-04-2020, 09:59 PM
Some fantastic stuff I really like keep up the good work whoever it is [emoji106]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
19-04-2020, 10:05 PM
Working for me fine

hibby6270
19-04-2020, 11:34 PM
If you join the Facebook group, Old Scottish Football Pictures and Videos, you can watch a few videos the guy has uploaded. Also a few interesting stills posted by others.

The Drybrough Final is there but only has goal highlights up to full time 3-3.

The guy has a huge library of VHS tapes of Scotsport and Sportscene highlights mainly going back to early 80s, although there are a few earlier clips from 60s & 70s.

Now, this might put a few of you off. He is a Sevco fan and freely admits that full matches he has are mainly of pre and post Sevco. He’s continuing to convert the highlights tapes and claims he will keep on uploading them as he goes.

On the off chance, I posted a comment to see if he had the Hibs v Sporting Lisbon 6-1 highlights. You never know!!

brog
20-04-2020, 09:14 AM
The 3-0 doing handed out to Aberdeen was a warning to others 😃

It was 3-2 Billy but you're correct about the warning to others. On the morning of 1/1/73 only English papers were printed so I ended up with the Daily Fail. Their top football writer was John Fairgrieve, an excellent journo despite being a Jambo. He had been at ER on the Saturday & his preview of the derby began, "I fear for my team today". Never was a more prescient sentence printed!

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2020, 09:41 AM
It was 3-2 Billy but you're correct about the warning to others. On the morning of 1/1/73 only English papers were printed so I ended up with the Daily Fail. Their top football writer was John Fairgrieve, an excellent journo despite being a Jambo. He had been at ER on the Saturday & his preview of the derby began, "I fear for my team today". Never was a more prescient sentence printed!
Aye not often I am wrong 3-2 on 30/12/1972 only two days to go

I am away back to read my programmes again :greengrin

brog
20-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Aye not often I am wrong 3-2 on 30/12/1972 only two days to go

I am away back to read my programmes again :greengrin

It's because the clip only showed our goals. I posted on another thread recently that I had never seen these goals again since that day, over 46 years ago! Alan Gordon's header is probably the best I've ever seen, there's an idea for a new thread! :wink: Arthur hammered in the cross & Alan met it flush while in mid air. There was almost a second of stunned silence before the crowd erupted. IIRC, many Dons fans also applauded.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Watched The Turnbull's Tornadoes DVD with my old man on Friday night, some fine football on display.

PaulSmith
20-04-2020, 11:17 AM
I’ve got a fairly big collection of Hibs related VHS tapes which I’d be willing to lend to someone if they have the technology and time to upload to YouTube or digitise.

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2020, 05:35 AM
Anyone remember this on a Saturday night?

https://youtu.be/fX9n4156lsU

That strip was a thing of beauty

hibby6270
21-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Got a reply from the guy who is posting old videos on the Old Scottish Pics & Vids Facebook page.
Sadly, he doesn’t have the Hibs v Sporting Lisbon game. :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo: