PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heaton another celebrity Hibs fan?

LustForLeith
19-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but singer songwriter Paul Heaton on Sunday Brunch live from his house and it appears that he’s a Hibs fan.

simple
19-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Yeah I noticed the Hibs scarf also, however I know he’s a Sheffield United supporter but maybe hibs are his 2nd team.

Oscar T Grouch
19-04-2020, 09:50 AM
He’s a Proclaimers fan, they’re first major tour was with The Housemartins in the 80s. So aye Probably a Hibs fan too given the ability of the club to rub off on people.

CMurdoch
19-04-2020, 12:58 PM
He’s a Proclaimers fan, they’re first major tour was with The Housemartins in the 80s. So aye Probably a Hibs fan too given the ability of the club to rub off on people.

Correcto. The Proclaimers demo was heard by The Housemartins and they invited the Proclaimers to support them on their 1986 tour

Wee Effen Bee
19-04-2020, 01:03 PM

I’m sure I read that somewhere years ago. As Heaton was telling everyone in music about the great Proclaimers, they gave him some Hibs paraphernalia. You can never tell if these stories are true but Heaton does seem to like the Hibees on the back of their friendship.

offshorehibby
19-04-2020, 02:04 PM
If you ever watch the documentary on the Proclaimers he's on a lot. I would imagine they're still pals from they days.

Assembly Rooms George St possibly about 86 The Housemartins & The Proclaimers, brilliant show I think.

Shrekko
19-04-2020, 02:12 PM
He’s got absolutely tonnes of football paraphernalia of all different clubs in his house so much as I’d love to claim him I very much doubt it.

Brightside
19-04-2020, 02:43 PM
He has a load of stuff from many Scottish teams inc Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Chorley Hibee
19-04-2020, 10:30 PM
As a young 20 year old, I sat with him and Alan Davies (of QI fame) on a train to Charleroi, Belgium to watch England v Germany in Euro 2000.

Shared a laugh and a few cans with both, and can say they were genuinely nice guys.

NeilT
20-04-2020, 09:41 AM
I lived in Hull for a few years in the late eighties and I played amateur football there. Dave Hemingway, of the Beautiful South, was our RB. One week we were really short of players and he brought along Paul Heaton and we stuck him up front. I can honestly say that I have never played with south a greedy player. Once he had the ball, he would not pass to anyone and he wasn’t that good so lost possession fairly quickly every time. By the time we got into the second half, the rest of the team had stopped passing to him entirely.

Great singer but you don’t want him on your side in a kickabout. :hilarious

Alfred E Newman
20-04-2020, 03:14 PM
Maybe it's my age but I've got to admit I've never heard of him.

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 03:17 PM

The Housemartins? The Beautiful South?

Heaton's a wizard of the 3-minute hit.

bod
20-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Depends on what age you are I suppose