PDA

View Full Version : Extend the Eary Bird

WestStandMoaner
19-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Surely it's time for the club to come out and extend the Early Bird. It is obvious no football will be played for several months. The threat of league reconstruction means we do not even know how many games we will be playing. I am also not sure if I want to play ICT instead of an additional old firm game so I'm not really sure how we can be asked to buy tickets without knowing how the league will look.

I would also suggest this is not the year for price increases many fans won't be able to purchase a ticket this year due to the health emergency never mind at a higher cost. Also not completing this season could be justification for keeping the prices at the same level as this season this might help alleviate the refund debate.

All of this needs to be considered I would like to see Hibs extend the early bird to end of May or even to mid June by then fingers crossed people are getting back to work we will also know by then the league situation as far as reconstruction.

Not having ago as it's not Hibs fault what's going on in the country but the fans have been loyal to Hibs through ups and downs and let's be honest there has been more downs than ups in the last thirty years.

I appreciate the club need money but loyalty works both ways.

Since90+2
19-04-2020, 08:10 AM
I'd agree with this. At the very least the deadline for securing your own seat should be extended until we have about more clarity.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2020, 08:12 AM
Surely it's time for the club to come out and extend the Early Bird. It is obvious no football will be played for several months. The threat of league reconstruction means we do not even know how many games we will be playing. I am also not sure if I want to play ICT instead of an additional old firm game so I'm not really sure how we can be asked to buy tickets without knowing how the league will look.

I would also suggest this is not the year for price increases many fans won't be able to purchase a ticket this year due to the health emergency never mind at a higher cost. Also not completing this season could be justification for keeping the prices at the same level as this season this might help alleviate the refund debate.

All of this needs to be considered I would like to see Hibs extend the early bird to end of May or even to mid June by then fingers crossed people are getting back to work we will also know by then the league situation as far as reconstruction.

Not having ago as it's not Hibs fault what's going on in the country but the fans have been loyal to Hibs through ups and downs and let's be honest there has been more downs than ups in the last thirty years.

Spot on, renewing a ST is taking a huge step into the unknown and not a financial gamble I can take right now.

danhibees1875
19-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Agreed with all apart from the price changes. They're done now and I can't see the club faffing about with partial refunds for almost 4,000 people.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Price reductions won't happen as over 3500 people have already renewed so they won't be getting refunded.

I agree with everything else though, the early bird deadline should be extended until there's a bit more clarity on what's actually happening with this season and, more importantly, with next season. I also feel the seat release deadline should be extended and possibly even scrapped for next season.

I understand the reasoning for putting season tickets on sale but I think all clubs, not just Hibs, need to realise that they are not just asking fans to commit to a season ticket when many people are struggling financially (I think Hibs HAVE done a good job in acknowledging this) they are also asking people to pay for full price season tickets for a season that may end up either being shortened or being full length but having no fans allowed for the majority of the season.

H18 SFR
19-04-2020, 08:41 AM
I’m holding off now until we have some clarity. If it means I pay a little more after the date then fine. However, I won’t be paying a penny to ‘save’ Hearts.

Beefster
19-04-2020, 08:43 AM
I’m not really fussed about the price increases but I do think Hibs should be extending the deadlines until we know for certain what next season is going to look like.

S4uzee
19-04-2020, 08:45 AM
I’m holding off now until we have some clarity. If it means I pay a little more after the date then fine. However, I won’t be paying a penny to ‘save’ Hearts.

I’m the same. Could be a lot of people waiting to see what Hibs vote regarding reconstruction before renewing

green day
19-04-2020, 09:10 AM
Surely it's time for the club to come out and extend the Early Bird. It is obvious no football will be played for several months.

Agree entirely, I think all this reconstruction nonsense will have a big impact as you also mentioned.

Perhaps just kick it along a month or so at a time as things emerge?

Fergos
19-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Agree completely.

I have had my ST for years now in the East, facing a bit of uncertainty regarding work and income as many are, want to renew but would like to do this a bit later and when things become, hopefully a bit clearer regarding how we come out of lockdown and return to some sort of normality.

im desperate to renew as ever but would like a bit more time on the early bird pricing. Gut feeling is we will be lucky to see any sport this year, just a feeling.

Maybe one for KP on the potential extension?

Stay safe folks and GGTTH.

H18 SFR
19-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Agree completely.

I have had my ST for years now in the East, facing a bit of uncertainty regarding work and income as many are, want to renew but would like to do this a bit later and when things become, hopefully a bit clearer regarding how we come out of lockdown and return to some sort of normality.

im desperate to renew as ever but would like a bit more time on the early bird pricing. Gut feeling is we will be lucky to see any sport this year, just a feeling.

I’m pretty sure that KP will pick up on this as he is doing a superb job in his role.

I’m also confident that he will pick up on the overwhelming feeling that reconstruction is not wanted by anything close to a majority.

The Harp Awakes
19-04-2020, 09:21 AM

Exactly the same. Had an ST for 41 consecutive years but won't be renewing until we know Hibs' position on temporary league reconstruction.

bigwheel
19-04-2020, 09:25 AM
I’ve renewed , but think it’s absolutely fair for people to ask for an extension at a time we have no idea what next years league will be ...

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2020, 09:31 AM
I’ve renewed, even though I don’t know how the club will vote in the reconstruction vote and I’m hoping to swap seats so would prefer they didn’t change the arrangements.

Selfish, I know but we’re allowed to think about ourselves and put self-interest first aren’t we?

Eyrie
19-04-2020, 09:35 AM
I’ve renewed, even though I don’t know how the club will vote in the reconstruction vote and I’m hoping to swap seats so would prefer they didn’t change the arrangements.

Selfish, I know but we’re allowed to think about ourselves and put self-interest first aren’t we?

Only if you make a token reference to Partick Thistle.

Power
19-04-2020, 09:48 AM

Agree completely.

Good shout, mentioned a few weeks back I’ll support heavily on this, finding the right balance that supports our fans in unprecedented times and the club.

– Season ticket flexibility. I'll work with the club to find the right balance on season ticket deadlines (early bird prices (8th May) and seat reservation (4th June)) as much as I possibly can for our most at risk supporters.

Still have 3 weeks till deadline number one.

J-C
19-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Thousands unsure of jobs, self employed like myself have to wait till around June before we know how much we'll get in the Gov grant. At this moment in time food and health is more important than a renewed season ticket.

BILLYHIBS
19-04-2020, 10:01 AM
:agree:

I mentioned this on another thread not spending a bean until there is more transparency

Hibs will get my money 2 x Adult Season Tickets eventually I just like to know in advance what I am paying for they can keep the money for the non games if that turns out to be the case but now reading in some quarters with social distancing etc no games until October :confused:

18Craig75
19-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Good shout, mentioned a few weeks back I’ll support heavily on this, finding the right balance that supports our fans in unprecedented times and the club.

– Season ticket flexibility. I'll work with the club to find the right balance on season ticket deadlines (early bird prices (8th May) and seat reservation (4th June)) as much as I possibly can for our most at risk supporters.

Hi Kieran - any update on when the club are going to clarify our position on the Task Force? You intimated the other night that it would be soon, just wondering if we’ll hear before the meeting tomorrow.

I’ve renewed already but I’d imagine there’s now a fair amount of people holding off until they see how the Hearts situation unfolds so it would be good to have some insight in to the clubs decision making process and general position on reconstruction.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2020, 10:28 AM

I mentioned this on another thread not spending a bean until there is more transparency

Hibs will get my money 2 x Adult Season Tickets eventually I just like to know in advance what I am paying for they can keep the money for the non games if that turns out to be the case but now reading in some quarters with social distancing etc no games until October :confused:

I think even then it would just be behind closed doors.

I think anyone hoping to attend Easter Road, this side of a vaccine, is going to be extremely disappointed.

matty_f
19-04-2020, 10:32 AM
I thought they'd been extended on previous years already?

Bobby's Cinema
19-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Agreed the Early Bird period should be extended so as not to put undue pressure on those wishing to renew but unable to commit.

In light of the circumstances it is not unreasonable to expect that those who will ultimately renew but cannot commit at this
moment in time from financial pressures/ uncertainty should not be expected to pay more than those fortunate enough to be able to now.

I am confident the club will recognise this and extend.

CockneyRebel
19-04-2020, 10:38 AM
I think even then it would just be behind closed doors.

I think anyone hoping to attend Easter Road, this side of a vaccine, is going to be extremely disappointed.

I can't see how social distancing could be relaxed in any way before a vaccine is available so gatherings of any kind are a long, long way off. IMO. I can't get my head around how so many folk think that anything sudden is going to unlock all of the problems in some sort of rollover.

Power
19-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Hi Kieran - any update on when the club are going to clarify our position on the Task Force? You intimated the other night that it would be soon, just wondering if we’ll hear before the meeting tomorrow.

I’ve renewed already but I’d imagine there’s now a fair amount of people holding off until they see how the Hearts situation unfolds so it would be good to have some insight in to the clubs decision making process and general position on reconstruction.

Ideally we hear a bit this week coming to put everyone at ease.

No concerns for me representing the views of our support on the subject.

This will go on for weeks, if not more.

Juniper Greens
19-04-2020, 10:54 AM

I expect the deadline to be extended by the price increase bit is nonsense. I've renewed because I was lucky enough to do so, but my understanding is that there are cheaper areas available now, so it's possible that the price of your seat will actually have been decreased?

Billy Whizz
19-04-2020, 10:55 AM
I thought they'd been extended on previous years already?

They have, but at least we knew in the past when the new season would start

RossScott1991
19-04-2020, 11:00 AM
I am also in the boat of I want to keep my seats but would prefer an extension into July/August to claim my own seat

PISTOL1875
19-04-2020, 11:08 AM

3 weeks until the first deadline but it has been made clear we won't be seeing any football for at least the next 3 months.....

Speedy
19-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Agreed the Early Bird period should be extended so as not to put undue pressure on those wishing to renew but unable to commit.

In light of the circumstances it is not unreasonable to expect that those who will ultimately renew but cannot commit at this
moment in time from financial pressures/ uncertainty should not be expected to pay more than those fortunate enough to be able to now.

I am confident the club will recognise this and extend.

My initial thoughts were the same as yours but thinking about it a bit more, the early bird should stay as is.

The early bird is slightly discounted to provide an incentive to get in early and help the club with cashflow. The proper prices are the 8th June prices so nobody is being forced to pay more, they are just paying the proper price.

One to decide nearer the time but the seat release deadline should be pushed back if there is no clarity when football will be on again. It's not fair on people to lose their seat when a) there is no sign of football on the horizon b) there is so much uncertainty around jobs

hibbyfraelibby
19-04-2020, 12:09 PM
People taking the Early Bird are being rewarded for buying into the risk of the next season not starting on time.

Those, apart obviously those financially stricken by the crisis, who dont want to take the risk and wait should pay full whack.

CockneyRebel
19-04-2020, 12:15 PM
My initial thoughts were the same as yours but thinking about it a bit more, the early bird should stay as is.

The early bird is slightly discounted to provide an incentive to get in early and help the club with cashflow. The proper prices are the 8th June prices so nobody is being forced to pay more, they are just paying the proper price.

One to decide nearer the time but the seat release deadline should be pushed back if there is no clarity when football will bewe are in the on again. It's not fair on people to lose their seat when a) there is no sign of football on the horizon b) there is so much uncertainty around jobs

Got my ST purely to keep my seat so I'm pretty much in agreement with your post. Obviously the club need cashflow but everything is so uncertain just now.

matty_f
19-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Got my ST purely to keep my seat so I'm pretty much in agreement with your post. Obviously the club need cashflow but everything is so uncertain just now.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2020, 12:51 PM
I can't see how social distancing could be relaxed in any way before a vaccine is available so gatherings of any kind are a long, long way off. IMO. I can't get my head around how so many folk think that anything sudden is going to unlock all of the problems in some sort of rollover.

Yep large gatherings, which a match at Easter Road would clearly be classed as, will be one of the last things to go back to normal.

If next season kicks off anywhere near on schedule, we might be allowed in for the last month or two if we're lucky.

H18 SFR
19-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Yep large gatherings, which a match at Easter Road would clearly be classed as, will be one of the last things to go back to normal.

If next season kicks off anywhere near on schedule, we might be allowed in for the last month or two if we're lucky.

So are you meaning April/May 2021? Where are you seeing this?

erin go bragh
19-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Any game when Bertie Auld was in charge. Absolute torture. A game v Clydebank with 1500 crowd comes to mind.
Wrong thread Jim ��unless I’m having a whoosh ��
Hope they do extend the early bird as being self employed and looking like June at the earliest before getting any money .

hibee-boys
19-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Fair play to any supporters signing up now and paying up front, a step into the unknown. I'm happy to give up any lost home games for this season but won't be commiting to next years season ticket until it is clearer what I'm signing up to. I certainly won't be renewing if we are party to any short term manufactured league reconstruction to bail out that lot.

CallumLaidlaw
19-04-2020, 03:49 PM
The early bird is a reduced price for those that want to take the chance early doors. It’s already been extended and is an incentive to help the club get cash in early.
I agree that the seat release deadline should be extended tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffers
19-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Glad this thread was raised. Would like to help the club, but can not justify buying a season ticket until there is some clarity regarding when football will be played again. Scouse, I think, suggested a payment of say £50 that would guarantee your seat is held until such time as football resumes and you could pay the balance of your season ticket at that point. I thought that was a great idea and would hope KP will put this, or something similar to the board for consideration.

By all means reward those who have already purchased their season tickets, I’ll leave that to the club to decide what that would be. However I think it would be a bit of an own goal by the club if they released the seats of fans who have had season tickets for years, but are currently holding off renewing until they know when football will resume.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2020, 05:13 PM
So are you meaning April/May 2021? Where are you seeing this?

I don't see how events that attract thousands of people can take place in front of that sort of crowd until a vaccine is found.

Most experts I've heard agree that it will be at least a year before a vaccine is found.

I certainly don't expect to be back at the football this year.

Eyrie
19-04-2020, 06:17 PM
I don't see how events that attract thousands of people can take place in front of that sort of crowd until a vaccine is found.

Most experts I've heard agree that it will be at least a year before a vaccine is found.

I certainly don't expect to be back at the football this year.

That timescale would mean that purchasing a season ticket for 20/21 won't get you into any games, so clubs will need to roll that ticket forward to 21/22.

Given Scottish football's reliance on gate money, clubs will struggle financially as they have to pay an entire season's overheads from only TV/prize money, much reduced sponsorship/advertising and the advanced season ticket sales. There will be an impact on budgets for 21/22 as well since some of the season ticket cash will already have been spent.

Power
19-04-2020, 06:30 PM
Glad this thread was raised. Would like to help the club, but can not justify buying a season ticket until there is some clarity regarding when football will be played again. Scouse, I think, suggested a payment of say £50 that would guarantee your seat is held until such time as football resumes and you could pay the balance of your season ticket at that point. I thought that was a great idea and would hope KP will put this, or something similar to the board for consideration.

✅ Certainly on my radar, I know how important seat reservations are for many - see what can be done in the lead up to June deadline (7 weeks from now - hoping the world and locally improves massively in that period).

Sir David Gray
19-04-2020, 06:41 PM
That timescale would mean that purchasing a season ticket for 20/21 won't get you into any games, so clubs will need to roll that ticket forward to 21/22.

Given Scottish football's reliance on gate money, clubs will struggle financially as they have to pay an entire season's overheads from only TV/prize money, much reduced sponsorship/advertising and the advanced season ticket sales. There will be an impact on budgets for 21/22 as well since some of the season ticket cash will already have been spent.

I should say my thoughts on when stadiums will reopen to fans again isn't based on any inside knowledge, I just don't see how it can be done.

Coco Bryce
19-04-2020, 07:20 PM
I emailed the club about this last week.

Never replied...

the tornadoe
20-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Mass gatherings banned till end of August at the earliest in Belgium just announced.

Peevemor
20-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Mass gatherings banned till end of August at the earliest in Belgium just announced.

That was announced last Wednesday. They're basically saying that as well as not finishing this season, next season might start behind closed doors.

Del Boy
20-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Stuff I’ve read last couple days says German football won’t have fans at games until 2021 - we will be after them. If you buy a season ticket for next year you may not even get to use it!

Hopefully that doesn’t play out but it’s not sounding promising.

CockneyRebel
20-04-2020, 10:31 AM

By all means reward those who have already purchased their season tickets, I’ll leave that to the club to decide what that would be. However I think it would be a bit of an own goal by the club if they released the seats of fans who have had season tickets for years, but are currently holding off renewing until they know when football will resume.

Got my ST but but this post covers the big picture and has my full support and agreement. Hibs should look after those who have looked after the club and need to show that the "we are one family" is not just PR. A deposit to hold your seat is still income which they might not get otherwise. Also some of those who have purchased STs already may want assurances that in the event of next season being lost (not beyond the realms) their ST will hold over until football restarts.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Stuff I’ve read last couple days says German football won’t have fans at games until 2021 - we will be after them. If you buy a season ticket for next year you may not even get to use it!

I'm not surprised by that at all.

RossScott1991
20-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I’d ideally prefer an extension of the date I keep my seat reserved. Plan on renewing would just like to not feel in a rush to buy now due to finances/uncertainty over current situation when season starts. If season starts later than normal then it would only be sensible thing for deadlines to be extended by club. Hopefully something can be communicated soon

Keith_M
20-04-2020, 10:49 AM

I read an interview with Seifert (Bundesliga CEO) and he said they're planning to restart games, behind closed doors, from around the end of May.

The article said there would be no fans at games until the end of the year, but I didn't see any specific quotes from Seifert on that, though he did say they wouldn't be back anytime soon.

The advantage that leagues like Germany and England have in this regard is the vast sums of money they have from TV deals, meaning they can realistically finance their clubs (albeit on a smaller budget) without gate money.

That really isn't an option to Scottish Clubs.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2020, 11:29 AM
I read an interview with Seifert (Bundesliga CEO) and he said they're planning to restart games, behind closed doors, from around the end of May.

The article said there would be no fans at games until the end of the year, but I didn't see any specific quotes from Seifert on that, though he did say they wouldn't be back anytime soon.

The advantage that leagues like Germany and England have in this regard is the vast sums of money they have from TV deals, meaning they can realistically finance their clubs (albeit on a smaller budget) without gate money.

That really isn't an option to Scottish Clubs.

Yes I recalled this headline
Premier League: 11 of 20 clubs could have made profits in 2016-17 without fans at games

hibby6270
20-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Another aspect that has delayed myself from renewing so far is the monthly payment scheme I usually go with. If you sign up for this with V12, the contract you have for the financial commitment is with the finance company and not a Hibs.

Yes - Hibs provide you with your ST but that element of the contract can only be upheld if games are actually played. If no games are played, V12 finance don’t care. Their only concern is you as an individual repaying your loan after paying the full ST funds up front to Hibs. Worst case scenario is if no 2020/2021 season was to take place, you still have the financial obligation to V12 to repay over 10/11 months. You can’t just stop paying them because there’s no football

So I guess what I am saying is, some of us are delaying until there is more certainty and that some of us won’t be paying out a monthly amount for nothing in return.

erin go bragh
20-04-2020, 12:49 PM
People taking the Early Bird are being rewarded for buying into the risk of the next season not starting on time.

Those, apart obviously those financially stricken by the crisis, who dont want to take the risk and wait should pay full whack.
Really ! So self employed people who at the moment are in a cash limbo until June should just pay full whack ! I’ve always took out our seasons with the early bird.
Buying into the risk has nothing to do with the early bird . Imo .

JOD
20-04-2020, 01:25 PM
I am looking to taking out season again. Didn't renew last year due to NL fiasco.
Does anyone know when the existing ones have their deadline date and for those who don't will be available to all?

mvteng
20-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Hmm. It certainly does for me.

Who knows how many games there will be next season. 10/15/20?

Until anyone knows, then surely the early bird is all about risk.

I do really like the idea mentioned above of a one off payment to secure your seat, with the one off payment being taken off your future season ticket cost once the season has been confirmed

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Really ! So self employed people who at the moment are in a cash limbo until June should just pay full whack ! I’ve always took out our seasons with the early bird.

Exactly, I have seen two posters stating that early bird is some sort of reward for taking a risk, they have massively missed the point of the early bird offer. it has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation and the risk of there being no or delayed games.

davhibby
20-04-2020, 01:54 PM
In all honesty Hibs shouldn’t be taking 400 quid from people now that it’s looking clear there won’t be fans at games for the foreseeable future. The club need to come up with something to fill the void. I’d be happy to pay a monthly membership or something similar which could be the equivalent of an ST but at a reduced cost compared to one at the moment. If marketed correctly it would get a pretty good uptake

murray26
20-04-2020, 01:57 PM
I am looking to taking out season again. Didn't renew last year due to NL fiasco.
Does anyone know when the existing ones have their deadline date and for those who don't will be available to all?

It’s 9th of may early bird ( may be extended) and it’s available to all.. I think you can even swap seats at a later date.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2020, 02:33 PM
There’s loads of folk saying they’re no signing up just now in case Hibs “let Hearts stay up” or because they don’t know how many games there are.

For those that just want to support Hibs and can’t due to financial pressures the club should allow them to put a deposit of sorts down to secure “their” seat, those that fall into the categories I mentioned can renew later at full price and risk someone else moving into “their” seat.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2020, 04:39 PM
In all honesty Hibs shouldn’t be taking 400 quid from people now that it’s looking clear there won’t be fans at games for the foreseeable future. The club need to come up with something to fill the void. I’d be happy to pay a monthly membership or something similar which could be the equivalent of an ST but at a reduced cost compared to one at the moment. If marketed correctly it would get a pretty good uptake

I broadly agree with you although the club has just announced it has sold 4,000 season tickets which is roughly in the region of £1 million and they will correctly argue that no other scheme would come close to generating that kind of income.

However I do think there's an argument for saying that clubs probably shouldn't be taking money for something that is looking increasingly likely that it won't be going ahead in anything remotely like its usual format for quite some time.

I would support the proposal that other posters have mentioned where fans pay a deposit of maybe £50 or so which secures their seat until such time that it becomes much clearer on what next season will look like.

After Nicola Sturgeon's comments this afternoon, it's not looking likely that fans will be attending games until next year.

Hibeewilly
20-04-2020, 06:00 PM
I broadly agree with you although the club has just announced it has sold 4,000 season tickets which is roughly in the region of £1 million and they will correctly argue that no other scheme would come close to generating that kind of income.

However I do think there's an argument for saying that clubs probably shouldn't be taking money for something that is looking increasingly likely that it won't be going ahead in anything remotely like its usual format for quite some time.

I would support the proposal that other posters have mentioned where fans pay a deposit of maybe £50 or so which secures their seat until such time that it becomes much clearer on what next season will look like.

After Nicola Sturgeon's comments this afternoon, it's not looking likely that fans will be attending games until next year.
Just noticed that Liverpool have suspended their season ticket renewal process until there is some clarity on what is happening. I agree with all of your post and surely its time for the club to come out with a statement. Its all gone a bit quiet from our comms people

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2020, 06:09 PM
Just noticed that Liverpool have suspended their season ticket renewal process until there is some clarity on what is happening. I agree with all of your post and surely its time for the club to come out with a statement. Its all gone a bit quiet from our comms people

Liverpool have also said they will offer a refund or credit should the games not be played, of course clubs the size of Liverpool can afford such offers.

Hibeewilly
20-04-2020, 06:30 PM
Liverpool have also said they will offer a refund or credit should the games not be played, of course clubs the size of Liverpool can afford such offers.Are you talking about the remaining games this season Scouse? If so fair enough. As regards our club I think people will be given the option of a refund or donate the money to the Club. The latter would suit me but I know people who are in dire straits and would be delighted with some form of refund. Listening to the experts on TV today regarding when Mass gatherings are estimated to take place.....most of them next year I just feel we need some clarity from Hibs as to what their thinking is here.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2020, 06:59 PM
Are you talking about the remaining games this season Scouse? If so fair enough. As regards our club I think people will be given the option of a refund or donate the money to the Club. The latter would suit me but I know people who are in dire straits and would be delighted with some form of refund. Listening to the experts on TV today regarding when Mass gatherings are estimated to take place.....most of them next year I just feel we need some clarity from Hibs as to what their thinking is here.

Yes this seasons remaining games.

Hibeewilly
20-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Yes this seasons remaining games.Cheers SH

Juniper Greens
20-04-2020, 08:13 PM
The difference between us and Liverpool is that we are in danger of going out of business if we don't shift enough season tickets, Liverpool don't rely on that money.
I wish Hibs had a pot of money to refund people or stop current season ticket sales, but I don't think we do. Those who can afford the season ticket will need to see it as something slightly different to normal, more of a donation to keep the club afloat, those who can't afford it have more important things to worry about.

Lago
20-04-2020, 09:04 PM
But what will you get for a new st purchase? When will the new season start & will it be a full season or a curtailed/shortened season, who knows.

hibby6270
21-04-2020, 01:51 PM
But what will you get for a new st purchase? When will the new season start & will it be a full season or a curtailed/shortened season, who knows.

And that was the point of my previous post.
Sign up for V12 finance monthly payments and you’ll pay for a full season regardless of how long the season will be, if indeed there ever will be a season 2020/2021. I would imagine V12 won’t become “a charity” and cancel the finance agreements if next season is curtailed.

Alternatively, for those that can afford to pay for a ST up front, it would be up to Hibs if they refunded part or all of the cost.

It’s a complicated conundrum and no matter how blind our faith towards our club is, we need certainty going forward to decide what we as individuals will do with regards to buying next season’s ST. Even after over 20 years of renewing, I am for the first time wavering on what to do.

hibee
21-04-2020, 02:32 PM
I’m waiting until I know what I’m paying for before renewing.

Fully expect Hibs to do the right thing and extend the early bird, the last few seasons I’ve renewed on the first day only for them to extend the deadline at the last minute.

After 30+ years going to Easter Road I’m finding I’m not really missing it as much as other simple things like going for a nice drive then out for a long walk with family and the dog.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2020, 02:45 PM
And that was the point of my previous post.
Sign up for V12 finance monthly payments and you’ll pay for a full season regardless of how long the season will be, if indeed there ever will be a season 2020/2021. I would imagine V12 won’t become “a charity” and cancel the finance agreements if next season is curtailed.

Alternatively, for those that can afford to pay for a ST up front, it would be up to Hibs if they refunded part or all of the cost.

It’s a complicated conundrum and no matter how blind our faith towards our club is, we need certainty going forward to decide what we as individuals will do with regards to buying next season’s ST. Even after over 20 years of renewing, I am for the first time wavering on what to do.

100% agree with this.

I must admit I hadn't considered the possible issues with people doing the payment plan in the event that either the season is shortened/doesn't happen or fans aren't able to attend.

I would like to think that anyone doing the payment plan would be urged to keep up with their repayments until it's all paid up and then in the event that a refund is due, Hibs would then refund the individual directly and V12 would be happy as they've got their money back that they gave to Hibs at the outset and the fan would be given their money back by Hibs.

I'll certainly be swaying towards the cautious approach with this and the only thing that could force my hand is if Hibs do nothing about the seat release deadline as I wouldn't want to risk losing my seat. Hopefully something is sorted out though.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 02:57 PM
I've just received an email from Hibs reminding me about the two deadline dates in May and June.

It's not looking likely that either date will be extended at this point.

the tornadoe
22-04-2020, 03:03 PM
100% agree with this.

I must admit I hadn't considered the possible issues with people doing the payment plan in the event that either the season is shortened/doesn't happen or fans aren't able to attend.

I would like to think that anyone doing the payment plan would be urged to keep up with their repayments until it's all paid up and then in the event that a refund is due, Hibs would then refund the individual directly and V12 would be happy as they've got their money back that they gave to Hibs at the outset and the fan would be given their money back by Hibs.

I'll certainly be swaying towards the cautious approach with this and the only thing that could force my hand is if Hibs do nothing about the seat release deadline as I wouldn't want to risk losing my seat. Hopefully something is sorted out though.

It's pretty simple really... Hibs need to come out and say that all Season Ticket holders from last year will have their seat retained until we are able to say definitely what will be happening next season. Simple and straightforward.
We must remembe that the current Season Ticket holders have paid for a good few games they haven't yet seen and should be given a bit of consideration regardsnext seasons seats and tickets.
Come on Hibs do the right thing here !!!

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 04:37 PM
It's pretty simple really... Hibs need to come out and say that all Season Ticket holders from last year will have their seat retained until we are able to say definitely what will be happening next season. Simple and straightforward.
We must remembe that the current Season Ticket holders have paid for a good few games they haven't yet seen and should be given a bit of consideration regardsnext seasons seats and tickets.

Agreed.

Although I have said previously that both deadlines should be extended, I'm not overly bothered about the Early Bird one as mine only goes up by £10 I think so if they won't extend that then so be it.

The one I am really concerned about is the seat release deadline in June. There are far too many unanswered questions at this point, regarding next season, for me to shell out several hundred pounds in less than 2 months' time.

I remain hopeful that Hibs will allow existing season ticket holders to retain their seats until there is much more clarity on what football, if any, can be played over the coming months. I'll be disappointed and, to be honest quite surprised, if there isn't some kind of agreement put in place to extend this beyond June.

danhibees1875
22-04-2020, 04:46 PM
I've just received an email from Hibs reminding me about the two deadline dates in May and June.

I expected that email to have some new content when I seen it come through.

Probably a sign that change isn't coming anytime soon.

Antifa Hibs
22-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Agreed.

Although I have said previously that both deadlines should be extended, I'm not overly bothered about the Early Bird one as mine only goes up by £10 I think so if they won't extend that then so be it.

The one I am really concerned about is the seat release deadline in June. There are far too many unanswered questions at this point, regarding next season, for me to shell out several hundred pounds in less than 2 months' time.

I remain hopeful that Hibs will allow existing season ticket holders to retain their seats until there is much more clarity on what football, if any, can be played over the coming months. I'll be disappointed and, to be honest quite surprised, if there isn't some kind of agreement put in place to extend this beyond June.

Similar position. To do away with the finance scheme and early bird prices this early on is madness you'd think. I know the V12 payments is 10 months (i think) but hopefully Hibs can work a deal with them and get a 4-6 month payment scheme on the go to extend early bird and finance deadlines. Not currently working and no idea when I will be. Living off savings. It's not that i don't want to buy a season ticket right now but just can't take that risk. If the economy opens up slightly and i'm back to work then i'll buy first in line to renew - would be a tad pissed off if i'm financially penalised for that though. Going from £385 to £440 is some hike especially during this.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2020, 05:40 PM
Similar position. To do away with the finance scheme and early bird prices this early on is madness you'd think. I know the V12 payments is 10 months (i think) but hopefully Hibs can work a deal with them and get a 4-6 month payment scheme on the go to extend early bird and finance deadlines. Not currently working and no idea when I will be. Living off savings. It's not that i don't want to buy a season ticket right now but just can't take that risk. If the economy opens up slightly and i'm back to work then i'll buy first in line to renew - would be a tad pissed off if i'm financially penalised for that though. Going from £385 to £440 is some hike especially during this.

Me too, I have the money sitting there and I always buy it outright up front but am reluctant to spend that cash right now as there is so much financial uncertainty for me. I don’t want to lose my seat though and seeing as it’s looking likely I will take a hit on my current ST with loss of games I would hope Hibs recognise this and give me longer to retain my current seat.

Del Boy
22-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Going by the press conference today from Dominic Raab there won’t be crowds at football or anything else until there’s either a vaccine or a good enough treatment for coronavirus! That’s looking like a year at least. Think clubs might have to rethink season ticket packages.

Eyrie
22-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Hibs are rightly proud of the fact that over 4000 season tickets have already been renewed despite the uncertainty, but that means that something will need to be done to compensate those fans if next season is curtailed or partly behind closed doors. It's too large a number to piss off when you consider how a much smaller number of complaints saw the loyalty scheme dropped completely instead of being amended.

I was holding off due to that uncertainty but will probably renew just before the early bird deadline expires in a couple of weeks.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 07:30 PM
That can’t guarantee/keep seats for folk that haven’t renewed yet. Not everyone hasn’t renewed cos of money - there’s a fair few folk holding off through choice and hoping to use it to force Hibs’ hand in the vote.

macca70
22-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Going by the press conference today from Dominic Raab there won’t be crowds at football or anything else until there’s either a vaccine or a good enough treatment for coronavirus! That’s looking like a year at least. Think clubs might have to rethink season ticket packages.

Agreed, no idea when the new season will restart or if they will finish this season 1st, we don’t even know what the league will look like and how many games. There’s far too much uncertainty and I don’t understand the rush to make decisions until we have more clarity on when we are likely to be attending football matches again. That decision will be made by the UK government and not SFA/SPFL or even UEFA.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2020, 07:44 PM
That can’t guarantee/keep seats for folk that haven’t renewed yet. Not everyone hasn’t renewed cos of money - there’s a fair few folk holding off through choice and hoping to use it to force Hibs’ hand in the vote.

They can if they ask you to pay a token amount as a commitment to pay full balance when all becomes clearer.

Brooster
22-04-2020, 07:45 PM

Hibs will almost certainly extend the deadlines but wont announce it until maybe next week at this time. They also need to explain what will happen to those who have paid if there's no football this calendar year which is looking more likely by the day.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 07:46 PM
They can if they ask you to pay a token amount as a commitment to pay full balance when all becomes clearer.

Agreed - £50-100 would be fine I reckon.

macca70
22-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Hibs will almost certainly extend the deadlines but wont announce it until maybe next week at this time. They also need to explain what will happen to those who have paid if there's no football this calendar year which is looking more likely by the day.

It wouldn’t surprise me and could be the sensible solution, if there are no mass gatherings allowed this year then just start up again in 2021 at the same time we stopped this year so basically taken a year off.

Although I suspect this would ruin a lot of clubs financially, clubs would have to get creative with coming up with alternative income streams.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 08:08 PM

Hibs are selling season tickets for a season that no-one knows whether it will even happen or not at the moment and if it does happen, whether fans will be allowed in.

Obviously over 4000 people have renewed despite the above risks and that's great, I've also said all along that I fully understand why Hibs have put them on sale. However when you have many longstanding season ticket holders, many of whom backing Hibs through some pretty horrendous periods in the club's history, not renewing either due to financial difficulties or through not being willing to commit to anything until they know what they are actually paying for (an entirely reasonable point of view in my opinion) then I think it's only right that Hibs reserve these seats until things become a lot clearer than they are just now.

I think there needs to be a bit of come and go on this.

We are all Hibs, after all.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 08:10 PM
Hibs are selling season tickets for a season that no-one knows whether it will even happen or not at the moment and if it does happen, whether fans will be allowed in.

Obviously over 4000 people have renewed despite the above risks and that's great, I've also said all along that I fully understand why Hibs have put them on sale. However when you have many longstanding season ticket holders, many of whom backing Hibs through some pretty horrendous periods in the club's history, not renewing either due to financial difficulties or through not being willing to commit to anything until they know what they are actually paying for (an entirely reasonable point of view in my opinion) then I think it's only right that Hibs reserve these seats until things become a lot clearer than they are just now.

I think there needs to be a bit of come and go on this.

We are all Hibs, after all.

I’ve no issue with those that want to renew and just can’t at the moment. Those that can and are choosing not to shouldn’t get a guarantee on “their” seat.

GreenCastle
22-04-2020, 08:12 PM

Yup - even a £100 deposit would be good.

Then rest due when the football structure becomes more clear.

The simple solution would be to extend it and take the worry away from people that think they may lose their seat.

Hibs sent an email about well being the other day - well if they want to help folks mental state then they could maybe release some info soon so fans aren’t panicking when many have refunds etc due from airlines / holidays.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2020, 08:13 PM
I’ve no issue with those that want to renew and just can’t at the moment. Those that can and are choosing not to shouldn’t get a guarantee on “their” seat.

How can you differentiate between them?

Brooster
22-04-2020, 08:13 PM

Your entitled to that view but how do Hibs measure whether you can pay but are choosing not to or not?

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 08:21 PM
If you’re willing put the deposit down then you’re showing intent to renew.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 08:23 PM

Even when there's currently no guarantees of what they would be paying several hundred pounds for?

If so then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Existing season ticket holders are already around £80 down on this season after the season stopped with at least 4 home games left to play, again no-one knows yet whether these games will ever be played or not. The least that can be done is to put a hold on their seat until we all know what football is going to look like in this country over the next 12-18 months.

You say that you've no issue with allowing those that can't afford to renew a guarantee on their seat, how are you going to distinguish between someone who can't renew and someone who won't?

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Even when there's currently no guarantees of what they would be paying several hundred pounds for?

If so then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Existing season ticket holders are already around £80 down on this season after the season stopped with at least 4 home games left to play, again no-one knows yet whether these games will ever be played or not. The least that can be done is to put a hold on their seat until we all know what football is going to look like in this country over the next 12-18 months.

You say that you've no issue with allowing those that can't afford to renew a guarantee on their seat, how are you going to distinguish between someone who can't renew and someone who won't?

Answer to your first question is yes - the clubs asked us to support them, over 4000 have. If you choose not to then you can’t guarantee keeping the same seat.

I answered the other question - pay a deposit to show intent.

Brooster
22-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Answer to your first question is yes - the clubs asked us to support them, over 4000 have. If you choose not to then you can’t guarantee keeping the same seat.

How do I go about paying a deposit?

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 08:31 PM
How do I go about paying a deposit?

That’s what I’m saying (well someone suggested and I’m agreeing) - the club should add this option.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Fair enough, we're obviously coming at this from completely different viewpoints and won't agree.

Yes you did but I only noticed it after I had posted my last post as they had overlapped. To answer your point on that, I would suggest that those who can't renew are more likely than those who won't renew to be in a situation where they simply can't afford to pay up to £100 (your maximum suggested deposit amount) on a non-essential expense right now.

If that was the proposal, then I think you would get more people from the "won't renew" camp sticking £100 down to reserve their own seat, on the understanding that it gets refunded if no football takes place next season.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Fair enough, we're obviously coming at this from completely different viewpoints and won't agree.

Yes you did but I only noticed it after I had posted my last post as they had overlapped. To answer your point on that, I would suggest that those who can't renew are more likely than those who won't renew to be in a situation where they simply can't afford to pay up to £100 (your maximum suggested deposit amount) on a non-essential expense right now.

If that was the proposal, then I think you would get more people from the "won't renew" camp sticking £100 down to reserve their own seat, on the understanding that it gets refunded if no football takes place next season.

Fair enough. I’m just trying to find a way to call out the can but won’t renew guys - putting a deposit down does that.

WestStandMoaner
22-04-2020, 08:49 PM
If you’re willing put the deposit down then you’re showing intent to renew.

I agree I would be more than happy to pay a deposit to secure my families seats but I'm not prepared to give Hibs around £1600 plus at this point.

Been a season ticket holder for over 25 plus years and love were we sit we want to secure our seats but until we have some clarity on when the season will start I am not prepared to spend that amount of money. I would also be dissapointed with hibs if they released my seat without a start date for the season.

i appreciate Hibs need money and this is a difficult situation for the club. I do not know if Ron's other business interests will suffer during this period but buying a business at anytime there is always a certain amount of risk and if Ron can he may have to dig a bit deeper to protect his asset.

As a business owner myself when i have had to i have put additional cash into my business that's what business owners do. Ron will definitely understand this and I am sure if necessary he will step in.

In the meantime a deposit scheme seems sensible it raises some cash for the club and as others have mentioned it shows commitment to buy tickets when matters have been clarified.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 09:06 PM
Fair enough. I’m just trying to find a way to call out the can but won’t renew guys - putting a deposit down does that.

As someone who is in the "hasn't renewed yet, could probably afford to but would like to see what next season will look like before I agree to shelling out several hundred pounds that I could use on other things" camp I'm not opposed to a deposit agreement being set up.

The other consideration is that people who are in the "can't renew" camp are the ones most likely to be using the monthly repayment scheme. Once that's set up then they're committed to paying up the full cost of the season ticket over the next 10 or 11 months. They would really need assurances from the club as to what would happen with them if the season was effectively cancelled.

chippy
22-04-2020, 09:18 PM
As someone who is in the "hasn't renewed yet, could probably afford to but would like to see what next season will look like before I agree to shelling out several hundred pounds that I could use on other things" camp I'm not opposed to a deposit agreement being set up.

The other consideration is that people who are in the "can't renew" camp are the ones most likely to be using the monthly repayment scheme. Once that's set up then they're committed to paying up the full cost of the season ticket over the next 10 or 11 months. They would really need assurances from the club as to what would happen with them if the season was effectively cancelled.

If next season is cancelled what if Ron offered shares in lieu of a season ticket refund in order to keep Hibs in business?

Juniper Greens
22-04-2020, 09:22 PM
I hope that everyone who can renew (i.e. those who's earnings aren't affected by this virus) do renew. It's almost certain that we won't get what we paid for, but this is our club, there is no doubt that our club (as will most) will struggle financially due to having zero income over this time. I pay using the 12 month direct debit and just think of it as £40 I give to Hibs every month. I am aware of people who can't afford much right now, due to circumstances and I hope the club are able to accommodate their circumstances. Those who can afford it, but want to just pay a token amount to save their seat, I just don't agree with. The club is in serious danger if everyone thinks like that

SquashedFrogg
22-04-2020, 09:31 PM

We are all in this together. We've renewed but 100% get the various reasons why others can't/won't just now.

One way or another we'll all be back together soon.

I would expect the singing section have all renewed at this point which is great.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2020, 10:28 PM
I hope that everyone who can renew (i.e. those who's earnings aren't affected by this virus) do renew. It's almost certain that we won't get what we paid for, but this is our club, there is no doubt that our club (as will most) will struggle financially due to having zero income over this time. I pay using the 12 month direct debit and just think of it as £40 I give to Hibs every month. I am aware of people who can't afford much right now, due to circumstances and I hope the club are able to accommodate their circumstances. Those who can afford it, but want to just pay a token amount to save their seat, I just don't agree with. The club is in serious danger if everyone thinks like that

Even if Hibs came out and said that in the event that season 20/21 either doesn't take place or fans' attendance at games is severely affected then season tickets would be valid for season 21/22 then I think that would be enough for quite a lot of people to renew, in the knowledge that they would be securing their own seat and also helping the club at a time when their short-medium term cash flow outlook won't be great but they at least know that their purchase will at least get them into games eventually.

It's the prospect of buying for next season and getting no games and then having to buy again the following season that I think will be putting a lot of people off just now.

dp00
22-04-2020, 11:47 PM
It’s simple seats of current season ticket holders should be kept for them until 3 weeks before start of season (whenever that is) .... anyone wanting to buy a new one before then can purchase a ticket in random location of ground and change before season starts

Would be shocking for any fans to lose seat in these times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davhibby
23-04-2020, 01:35 AM
What should be happening now is that hibs reward people in some way for buying now but call it what it is- a donation, not a season ticket. Then there can be other schemes to bring in money from people who can’t afford or don’t want to pay £400 for nothing now. There’s no guarantee that there will be any games in front of a crowd next season and there certainly won’t be 19 home games.

Juniper Greens
23-04-2020, 06:31 AM
Even if Hibs came out and said that in the event that season 20/21 either doesn't take place or fans' attendance at games is severely affected then season tickets would be valid for season 21/22 then I think that would be enough for quite a lot of people to renew, in the knowledge that they would be securing their own seat and also helping the club at a time when their short-medium term cash flow outlook won't be great but they at least know that their purchase will at least get them into games eventually.

It's the prospect of buying for next season and getting no games and then having to buy again the following season that I think will be putting a lot of people off just now.

But I don't think they will say that, as I don't think (or necessary want them) to be.

As I said, you clearly have a different view to me, my view is that the cost of being a Hibs fan (owning a season ticket, going to away games etc) is usually a three figure sum a month. At the moment, the club have asked people to commit to the club and buy a season ticket, knowing that we might not get a typical 38 game season next year. The club has no alternative sources of income right now, so I view this as £40 a month to support my club, which is less than I usually spend. I don't need anything back from Hibs for it, but it would be nice if I manage to get at least 5-10 home games at some point. FWIW, I cancelled my HSL once they started messing about with purchasing shares from individual investors, so buying a season ticket is the only way to get money to the club for me

the tornadoe
23-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Reading through this thread its OBVIOUS Hibs need to come out with some kind of statement / plan to resolve the situation. A blind man can see we are not going to be sitting in our seats at Easter Rd as normal for a very long time.

Hibs NEED to show the the lifeblood of the Club ( season ticket holders ) that they are doing everything they can to work out a solution to this problem. It honestly does not help matters by sending out e mails to season ticket holders now telling them they only have a few weeks to renew for the early bird and a few weeks more to save their seat. Mass gatherings will not happen for months and months.....

Sir David Gray
23-04-2020, 08:35 AM
What should be happening now is that hibs reward people in some way for buying now but call it what it is- a donation, not a season ticket. Then there can be other schemes to bring in money from people who can’t afford or don’t want to pay £400 for nothing now. There’s no guarantee that there will be any games in front of a crowd next season and there certainly won’t be 19 home games.

It's too late for that now. Hibs have already started selling season tickets and over 4,000 people have signed up for one. Although I've made it quite clear that I think there ought to be something worked out for existing season ticket holders to secure their seats, even I don't think you can just turn round to 4,000 people and say "See that £400 you just paid us? It's not actually a season ticket anymore, it was just a donation." Their purchase was for a season ticket and it should be treated as such.

However I do believe there absolutely should be some loyalty shown to many thousands of people who have gone to Hibs games for many years and backed the club through the lowest of lows. Allow the unsold seats from this season to continue being sold to any new season ticket holder and then once a clear plan is put in place for the return of football, give existing season ticket holders a certain amount of time to renew their seats before releasing it.

But I don't think they will say that, as I don't think (or necessary want them) to be.

As I said, you clearly have a different view to me, my view is that the cost of being a Hibs fan (owning a season ticket, going to away games etc) is usually a three figure sum a month. At the moment, the club have asked people to commit to the club and buy a season ticket, knowing that we might not get a typical 38 game season next year. The club has no alternative sources of income right now, so I view this as £40 a month to support my club, which is less than I usually spend. I don't need anything back from Hibs for it, but it would be nice if I manage to get at least 5-10 home games at some point. FWIW, I cancelled my HSL once they started messing about with purchasing shares from individual investors, so buying a season ticket is the only way to get money to the club for me

That's fair enough and I'm sure Hibs are very grateful to have fans who are both willing and able to give the club up to £440 with the prospect of getting nothing in return.

However this is being marketed and sold very clearly as a season ticket. The advertising campaign looks the same as usual, the pricing is the same, the perks are the same, yet it's very clear that next season is not normal. I think there needs to be much more clarity from the club in terms of what buying a season ticket for season 2020/21 actually means in reality if, as is looking increasingly likely, the season is either cancelled or it's played behind closed doors.

If they tell everyone that it's really just going to be a charitable donation with the incentive of holding onto your seat ahead of the 21/22 campaign, then people will have a decision to make.

By that point, season ticket holders from this season who also renew for next season may have paid around £500 and got nothing in return. You and 4,000 others appear to be ok with that and that's honestly great but I don't see how that can be a fair way of dealing with this when there's so much uncertainty.

Whilst I accept income will be down for clubs at the moment and they need to try and generate money from somewhere to "keep the lights on", expenditure must be down as well. The club won't be paying any transfer fees for the foreseeable future, they won't be paying any travelling costs for away games, they won't be booking hotels for away games, they won't be paying for stewards or police to attend games at Easter Road and they won't be paying any ad hoc costs like fines.

I just think that something should be worked out to allow season ticket holders to hold onto their seats until we have answers to the many unanswered questions that we have at the moment.

Liam978
24-04-2020, 07:04 PM
It's too late for that now. Hibs have already started selling season tickets and over 4,000 people have signed up for one. Although I've made it quite clear that I think there ought to be something worked out for existing season ticket holders to secure their seats, even I don't think you can just turn round to 4,000 people and say "See that £400 you just paid us? It's not actually a season ticket anymore, it was just a donation." Their purchase was for a season ticket and it should be treated as such.

However I do believe there absolutely should be some loyalty shown to many thousands of people who have gone to Hibs games for many years and backed the club through the lowest of lows. Allow the unsold seats from this season to continue being sold to any new season ticket holder and then once a clear plan is put in place for the return of football, give existing season ticket holders a certain amount of time to renew their seats before releasing it.

That's fair enough and I'm sure Hibs are very grateful to have fans who are both willing and able to give the club up to £440 with the prospect of getting nothing in return.

However this is being marketed and sold very clearly as a season ticket. The advertising campaign looks the same as usual, the pricing is the same, the perks are the same, yet it's very clear that next season is not normal. I think there needs to be much more clarity from the club in terms of what buying a season ticket for season 2020/21 actually means in reality if, as is looking increasingly likely, the season is either cancelled or it's played behind closed doors.

If they tell everyone that it's really just going to be a charitable donation with the incentive of holding onto your seat ahead of the 21/22 campaign, then people will have a decision to make.

By that point, season ticket holders from this season who also renew for next season may have paid around £500 and got nothing in return. You and 4,000 others appear to be ok with that and that's honestly great but I don't see how that can be a fair way of dealing with this when there's so much uncertainty.

Whilst I accept income will be down for clubs at the moment and they need to try and generate money from somewhere to "keep the lights on", expenditure must be down as well. The club won't be paying any transfer fees for the foreseeable future, they won't be paying any travelling costs for away games, they won't be booking hotels for away games, they won't be paying for stewards or police to attend games at Easter Road and they won't be paying any ad hoc costs like fines.

I just think that something should be worked out to allow season ticket holders to hold onto their seats until we have answers to the many unanswered questions that we have at the moment.
Well said SD, just a pity our club sadly do not appear to be as loyal as their fans.

danhibees1875
24-04-2020, 07:48 PM

A good post SDG. :agree:

The club must know these questions are being asked by the fans. Even the 4,000 who did sign up will have more and more reason to question what they've signed up to each day.

It would be nice if they addressed it one way or another.

Peevemor
24-04-2020, 07:58 PM
A good post SDG. :agree:

The club must know these questions are being asked by the fans. Even the 4,000 who did sign up will have more and more reason to question what they've signed up to each day.

It would be nice if they addressed it one way or another.But the club don't know themselves what's happening. What do you expect them to say?

Those who have bought together with those that can't or are waiting to buy STs know the situation.

I would rather we have statements when there's something worth saying (as they've been doing) rather than become a random statement generator like our neighbours.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2020, 08:37 PM
But the club don't know themselves what's happening. What do you expect them to say?

Those who have bought together with those that can't or are waiting to buy STs know the situation.

I would rather we have statements when there's something worth saying (as they've been doing) rather than become a random statement generator like our neighbours.

I agree with that too, up to a point.

A lot of what will happen over the next few months is outwith Hibs' control, particularly with regards to when football can restart and when fans can attend.

However what is within their control is the decision they have taken to put season tickets on sale and to put a deadline on releasing existing season ticket holders' seats, all whilst we still don't know when, or if, season 2020/21 will even take place.

They could easily extend the deadline for season ticket holders to buy their seat, whilst all of the issues which are outwith their control are sorted out.

danhibees1875
24-04-2020, 08:41 PM
But the club don't know themselves what's happening. What do you expect them to say?

I'm not asking them to predict the future. I'm saying it would be nice if they acknowledged the situation with whatever policies they intend to have in place over this season and next (or even just acknowledge it and say they have no idea what they'll do with ST's if there's no football, if that's the position they're in).

Charging full steam ahead into next season's ST campaign as if there's nothing different happening seems strange to me.

Peevemor
24-04-2020, 08:53 PM
I'm not asking them to predict the future. I'm saying it would be nice if they acknowledged the situation with whatever policies they intend to have in place over this season and next (or even just acknowledge it and say they have no idea what they'll do with ST's if there's no football, if that's the position they're in).

Charging full steam ahead into next season's ST campaign as if there's nothing different happening seems strange to me.

Again, what do you expect them to say? As you've said yourself, they can't predict the future.

Leeann Dempster took the decision to let her place go in the reconstruction commission in order to spend her time with another group trying to organise the return to football. The club are doing what they can.

Hopefully things will become clearer in the coming weeks and everyone will start getting the clarification they're waiting for.

Power
24-04-2020, 09:16 PM

Fair to shout Dan. The club has acknowledged the current landscape several times in the season ticket release. The dynamic is still changing daily (this season still hasn’t been called/curtailed yet) but the club will update where and when they can.

I’m picking up with the club soon and I’ll see where lines and certain points can be moved by working together.

danhibees1875
24-04-2020, 09:57 PM
Again, what do you expect them to say? As you've said yourself, they can't predict the future.

Leeann Dempster took the decision to let her place go in the reconstruction commission in order to spend her time with another group trying to organise the return to football. The club are doing what they can.

Hopefully things will become clearer in the coming weeks and everyone will start getting the clarification they're waiting for.

I don't know what they're intending to do so can't really answer that with any more detail than as I said; to address the current situation and lay out what policies they do or don't intend to have.

I guess something along these lines (these are hypothetical ways they could deal with STs, not what I'm saying they will or should do or even what I necessarily want them to do):

"Thank you for your valued support this year and still thinking of renewing at this time when the future of football is so uncertain.
As you know, noone currently knows what is going to happen with the current 19/20 season, or indeed 20/21 and beyond.

It would be in everyone's interest for the remaining games of 19/20 to be completed but this currently looks like an impossible task. In this event we have taken the decision to unfortunately not offer refunds for the portion of the season which will never be played.

We appreciate at this stage the further commitment we are asking you to make for season 20/21 and so we would like to give you peace of mind with your purchase. We hope for football to be up and running in time to complete the season in full, however as this is still unknown we've decided to extend the deadline for early bird ST purchases and seat release by an initial 4 week period to allow us and you time to assess the impact current events will have on next season.
We would also like to provide reassurance to fans that if there's no football played next season, your season ticket will be valid for the next possible season."

I'm not trying to criticise Hibs, I don't think they've done anything wrong. I just think at some point soon they should address these things.

danhibees1875
24-04-2020, 10:04 PM
Fair to shout Dan. The club has acknowledged the current landscape several times in the season ticket release. The dynamic is still changing daily (this season still hasn’t been called/curtailed yet) but the club will update where and when they can.

I’m picking up with the club soon and I’ll see where lines and certain points can be moved by working together.

Thanks. :aok:

I've had a few emails this month about STs and while there has been mentions of their gratitude to those signing up at difficult times I've not seen reference to there not being football on and no-one knowing when it will be back. (I could easily have missed it though)

As I'd said previously, I obviously don't expect there to be answers to those questions but the selling seems a little bit too "business as usual" considering its for something currently unavailable and with no return date.

I'm sure all at Hibs have a lot on their plate at the moment and I'm not criticising them. I'm not in the position to do so.

Power
24-04-2020, 10:21 PM

I've had a few emails this month about STs and while there has been mentions of their gratitude to those signing up at difficult times I've not seen reference to there not being football on and no-one knowing when it will be back. (I could easily have missed it though)

As I'd said previously, I obviously don't expect there to be answers to those questions but the selling seems a little bit too "business as usual" considering its for something currently unavailable and with no return date.

I'm sure all at Hibs have a lot on their plate at the moment and I'm not criticising them. I'm not in the position to do so.

That’s fair feedback in my eyes D. I’ll be getting an update out next week at some point - hopefully I can get some snippets of positivity.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2020, 11:01 PM

100% agree.

stuart-farquhar
24-04-2020, 11:17 PM
100% agree.

Needs extended. Plus some credit for the truncated season if that is the case.

Jamesie
25-04-2020, 08:34 AM

Very difficult to disagree with any of that.

Jamesie
28-04-2020, 06:45 AM
From Hibs’ perspective, the calling of the SPFL’s Extraordinary Meeting on 12 May means the early bird deadline will fall prior to there being any certainty as to the shape and form of next season. Just another reason to consider an extension.

BILLYHIBS
03-05-2020, 05:17 PM
I wonder if HIBS will show any flexibility on this issue ?

We are still no further forward in deciding whether this season is over or not and no definite plans yet for the new season bearing in mind all the various outside mitigating factors

The Power did seem to indicate it was something the club was actively looking into so maybe an announcement this week with the Deadline approaching on Friday

I appreciate many fans have already committed and they have my total respect

I am due to renew two Adults at £840 which is fair chunk without knowing what is what :confused:

hibby6270
03-05-2020, 05:39 PM

We are still no further forward in deciding whether this season is over or not and no definite plans yet for the new season bearing in mind all the various outside mitigating factors

The Power did seem to indicate it was something the club was actively looking into so maybe an announcement this week with the Deadline approaching on Friday

I am due to renew two Adults at £840 which is fair chunk without knowing what is what :confused:

I’m in same boat as you BH. Slightly less of an outlay but £600+ nevertheless (1 adult & 1 senior)

I’d have normally renewed straight away on the monthly payment finance. Doing that just now brings its own uncertainties on your relationship with the finance company, over and above the uncertainty we have of whether next season will start or actually take place at all.

If it’s any consolation and you, like me, are worried about our own personal finances, I checked with my bank to see if I’d be covered for paying for STs on a credit card and invoking Consumer Credit Act Section 75 if there is no end product/service for what you’ve paid out. They confirmed I would (I’ve kept the Tweets just in case) and a refund would be made for the full amount, so it is a crumb of comfort that I wouldn’t be out of pocket.

Yes - the refund does ultimately come from Hibs via the bank but it equates to not paying out the funds in the first place when you look at it at a micro level.

Now I know some folks on here don’t look at paying monies to Hibs should be a problem if they get nothing in return but I take a much more cautious approach to my finances, some may even say selfish, but I can live with the brickbats that might come my way for taking this stance.

BILLYHIBS
03-05-2020, 05:49 PM
I’m in same boat as you BH. Slightly less of an outlay but £600+ nevertheless (1 adult & 1 senior)

I’d have normally renewed straight away on the monthly payment finance. Doing that just now brings its own uncertainties on your relationship with the finance company, over and above the uncertainty we have of whether next season will start or actually take place at all.

If it’s any consolation and you, like me, are worried about our own personal finances, I checked with my bank to see if I’d be covered for paying for STs on a credit card and invoking Consumer Credit Act Section 75 if there is no end product/service for what you’ve paid out. They confirmed I would (I’ve kept the Tweets just in case) and a refund would be made for the full amount, so it is a crumb of comfort that I wouldn’t be out of pocket.

Yes - the refund does ultimately come from Hibs via the bank but it equates to not paying out the funds in the first place when you look at it at a micro level.

Now I know some folks on here don’t look at paying monies to Hibs should be a problem if they get nothing in return but I take a much more cautious approach to my finances, some may even say selfish, but I can live with the brickbats that might come my way for taking this stance.

Credit card might be an option but you are correct you pay for a product and expect to get a return and HIBS must have a duty of care to provide that but I admit lots of this is outwith their control which is why I am hoping for an extension until we can at least see some transparency

I am retired but happy to waive this season if it comes to it as looks likely

hibby6270
03-05-2020, 06:06 PM

Credit card might be an option but you are correct you pay for a product and expect to get a return and HIBS must have a duty of care to provide that but I admit lots of this is outwith their control which is why I am hoping for an extension until we can at least see some transparency

I am retired but happy to waive this season if it comes to it as looks likely

Ditto. Retired also and in a slightly more stable situation with guaranteed income to get by. However, having shelled out best part of a grand for golf subs for this year (in cash) and been told no full or partial refunds will be made for the golf year, I’m taking this cautious approach on another large outlay.

I’ve been lucky in one regard that a holiday I should have had end March has been fully refunded by the company I’d booked with. I’ve heard stories from others, they’ve not been so fortunate with flights/ holidays.

Hopefully an announcement from the club this coming week.:greengrin

3pm
03-05-2020, 06:11 PM
English Prem League now preparing for the possibility of no fans next season!

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2020, 06:15 PM

Not unexpected, still can’t believe that some think fans will be back in August.

BILLYHIBS
03-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Ditto. Retired also and in a slightly more stable situation with guaranteed income to get by. However, having shelled out best part of a grand for golf subs for this year (in cash) and been told no full or partial refunds will be made for the golf year, I’m taking this cautious approach on another large outlay.

I’ve been lucky in one regard that a holiday I should have had end March has been fully refunded by the company I’d booked with. I’ve heard stories from others, they’ve not been so fortunate with flights/ holidays.

Hopefully an announcement from the club this coming week.:greengrin
:confused:

Just remembered ditched all my credit cards years ago just work on a cash only basis now I am retired
The Mrs uses hers to pay for holidays etc

I will probably renew but thinking for a £10-20 discount difference per ST might be worth hanging off to see what happens ?

I am also getting used to not going and £840 buys a lot of pints on a Saturday just sitting in the Cask watching the scores come in :greengrin

Might be a few people thinking that way as well

Lets hope they come up with something

Billy Whizz
03-05-2020, 06:21 PM

Next season, where are you seeing this?

Every game will be on TV, so they’ll get paid millions

Brightside
03-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Next season, where are you seeing this?

Every game will be on TV, so they’ll get paid millions

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11982637/premier-league-clubs-prepare-for-202021-season-behind-closed-doors

Basically teams are planning for worst case...as is everyone.

SideBurns
03-05-2020, 07:17 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11982637/premier-league-clubs-prepare-for-202021-season-behind-closed-doors

Basically teams are planning for worst case...as is everyone.

Exactly. No point planning for anything other than the worst case scenario. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

You might dare to venture that if the Govt had put similar planning in place for the arrival of a pandemic we wouldn't be in so much keech now, but that's a debate for the Holy Ground no doubt...

Irish_Steve
03-05-2020, 10:42 PM
I`m waiting until 16:45 on Friday before deciding what to do although that`s 99.9% renewal - two adults in the comfy seats in the FF Upper - £950 I`ll be shelling out!!

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2020, 07:53 AM
I`m waiting until 16:45 on Friday before deciding what to do although that`s 99.9% renewal - two adults in the comfy seats in the FF Upper - £950 I`ll be shelling out!!

£475 for a seat behind the goal!

Jeez that’s steep is it not? My seat is early bird £420 for a better view (in my opinion) in the West Upper

hibbyfraelibby
04-05-2020, 08:38 AM

What I am reading from this and many other posts is that the real issue is whether or not to buy in the first place. The Early Bird is a side ussue only coming into play if your decision is to renew and then its a matter of choice of when not if to make the transaction. The Early Bird rewards those who are prepared to "Pony Up" months in advance of any possible games. Its not the deadline that really matters which in my opinion is the seat reservation deadline before general sale. The general sale date unlocks the next revenue stream and that cannot be delayed.

GreenCastle
04-05-2020, 08:47 AM
I think everyone just needs to respect each other’s circumstances.

I can see why folk pay straight away but also why folk are wary and aren’t renewing yet.

I think if this season was actually finalised (league placings) - it would help some decide. Also if reconstruction talk put to bed and Hearts relegated like they should be.

If the government provided more guidance about the phased exit strategy that would help.

I also think Hibs need to extend this deadline and help fans / families who may be stressing about making a small discount when money is tight for many after the last 7 weeks of lockdown. I know June is the main deadline but considering the way the season has abruptly stopped Hibs should be doing everything possible to help fans.

I would expect also once this season is finalised that the club offer a free game / cup game - to make up for the lost home games.

In summary there are still quite a few variables and even extending the early bird to early June will surely allow fans a chance to look at all circumstances before renewing.

At the same time I applaud everyone who has bought so far - great effort.

Irish_Steve
04-05-2020, 09:08 AM
£475 for a seat behind the goal!

Jeez that’s steep is it not? My seat is early bird £420 for a better view (in my opinion) in the West Upper

It`s the padded seats with the armrests and are very comfortable

We are virtually up at the back of the stand, right behind the penalty spot so to speak and can see right up the ground.

Also have the added bonus of never getting rained on

Gmack7
04-05-2020, 09:08 AM
2 adults and 1 junior about £1000 i think, I'm finding it hard to justify renewing to be honest so i hope they extend the deadline until after the meeting on the 12th when we hopefully get a little more clarity

BILLYHIBS
04-05-2020, 09:18 AM
2 adults and 1 junior about £1000 i think, I'm finding it hard to justify renewing to be honest so i hope they extend the deadline until after the meeting on the 12th when we hopefully get a little more clarity
This is fair :agree:

Stuart93
04-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Wonder what will happen if supporters aren’t allowed into the ground until after the year...will their be any refunds on new ST’s bought? Or refunds per game?

Since90+2
04-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Wonder what will happen if supporters aren’t allowed into the ground until after the year...will their be any refunds on new ST’s bought? Or refunds per game?

My guess is the club will look to offer "value adds" rather than refunds. Off the top of my head Hibs TV , Voucher for club shop , big discounts off hospitality when games resume, , discount on the following season ,meet the players evenings ect.

I'd imagine they will legally have to offer the refund option but will be hoping if they can put together a good enough package as an alternative the majority of fans will be happy with that.

Carheenlea
04-05-2020, 11:06 AM
I’ve still to renew, but being self employed there is not so much disposable income to play with at present.

I’m in that situation where I could afford to buy my Season Ticket, but not that well off that I can afford to pay the price of a ST with nothing in return. Hopefully there will be some clearer picture later in week or at least an extension of early bird until such time we do know what we are planning as far as season 20/21 goes.

Bobby's Cinema
04-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Fair play to everyone renewing the numbers are absolutely amazing IMO, but not prepared to at this time to part with hundreds of pounds with no idea at all what this will get.

Would be good to get another official update soon, although club are dealing with changing situation like everyone else.

Keith_M
04-05-2020, 11:37 AM
I've looked up every Ornothology book my missus owns (and that's a lot) but still can't find a reference to anything called an "Eary Bird."

oneone73
04-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I've looked up every Ornathology book my missus owns (and that's a lot) but still can't find a reference to anything called an "Eary Bird."

This would have been funnier if you could spell ornithology.

Keith_M
04-05-2020, 11:48 AM
I’ve still to renew, but being self employed there is not so much disposable income to play with at present.

I’m in that situation where I could afford to buy my Season Ticket, but not that well off that I can afford to pay the price of a ST with nothing in return. Hopefully there will be some clearer picture later in week or at least an extension of early bird until such time we do know what we are planning as far as season 20/21 goes.

I think in your situation you'd be as well holding off, mate.

I suppose the down side is you might not get the same seat as 19/20.

Keith_M
04-05-2020, 11:49 AM
This would have been funnier if you could spell ornithology.

Delibarate mistake?

:wink:

bod
04-05-2020, 11:52 AM

If there no fans allowed into games say from October 2020 ,they could run the season tickets until October 2021 still giving us a full season so to speak .

erin go bragh
04-05-2020, 11:52 AM
It`s the padded seats with the armrests and are very comfortable

We are virtually up at the back of the stand, right behind the penalty spot so to speak and can see right up the ground.

Also have the added bonus of never getting rained on
I’ve moved up to they seats for the odd cup game .
Has to be the best seats/view in the stadium.

Irish_Steve
04-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Delibarate mistake?

:wink:

If it was a deliberate mistake, why did you edit it ;)

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Why would the early bird be extended? They released the tickets during the pandemic so knew the situation - if you need to (or choose to in some case) renew later you can, they’re not going to make season tickets unavailable.

Billy Whizz
04-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Why would the early bird be extended? They released the tickets during the pandemic so knew the situation - if you need to (or choose to in some case) renew later you can, they’re not going to make season tickets unavailable.

The pricing was set pre pandemic, however people’s financial fortunes have changed
It’s quite a healthy increase for a 13 year old kid, £160 to £200. Maybe their parents need a few more weeks to see if they can afford a season ticket for their kids

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2020, 01:15 PM
The pricing was set pre pandemic, however people’s financial fortunes have changed
It’s quite a healthy increase for a 13 year old kid, £160 to £200. Maybe their parents need a few more weeks to see if they can afford a season ticket for their kids

But they were issued during the pandemic while everyone was working from home or furloughed.

They can still buy the ticket - just not at early bird prices.

Stuart93
04-05-2020, 01:17 PM
But they were issued during the pandemic while everyone was working from home or furloughed.

Doesn’t the payment plan option also cease when the early bird finishes?

Jamesie
04-05-2020, 01:26 PM

That is my understanding.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Yes it does as stated in the launch campaign literature.

Bobby's Cinema
04-05-2020, 01:35 PM

I think with the combination of
- missing the final 4-5 home games of the season
- being asked to buy an ST without knowing how many games we will see
- being under pressure to meet the early bird deadline or face paying even more unless you commit amidst all this uncertainty, and in light of the above

Not an unreasonable gesture to ask for if you ask me to extend this period. I believe from the fan rep we will hear something on this soon

BILLYHIBS
04-05-2020, 02:58 PM
FA Chairman Greg Clarke quoted as saying “ hard to see the fans returning anytime soon”

Others are speaking about playing 2020/21 Season behind closed doors down south

Hopefully be some sort of announcement by HIBS this week on this issue

Extension beyond 12/5/2020 hopefully

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2020, 03:41 PM

I think so - likely due to the 11 month plan. Basically you wouldn’t be finished next seasons payments before you’d be signing up for the following season so would have double payment plans on the go?

In previous years they’ve offered 3 or 4 month payment plans I believe.

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2020, 03:44 PM
- being under pressure to meet the early bird deadline or face paying even more unless you commit amidst all this uncertainty, and in light of the above

Not an unreasonable gesture to ask for if you ask me to extend this period. I believe from the fan rep we will hear something on this soon

There are a few things to consider obviously - the thing is the club issued the STs in the knowledge of the situation so can’t see what’s different from launch to now. Folk can still get their STs when they have money again or when they want to in some cases.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Agreed.

All too "business as usual" for my liking so far.

Keith_M
04-05-2020, 05:15 PM
If it was a deliberate mistake, why did you edit it ;)

Damnit, you people spot everything!

:greengrin

Irish_Steve
04-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Damnit, you people spot everything!

:greengrin

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

King Cosell
04-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Next to no chance of us getting a full 2020/21 season. At best, if it's a 14-team division, we'll play each other twice. 13 home games (I'd settle for that). Club should bin standard price.

04-05-2020, 07:42 PM
Next to no chance of us getting a full 2020/21 season. At best, if it's a 14-team division, we'll play each other twice. 13 home games (I'd settle for that). Club should bin standard price.

26 games is too many. Maximum we'll be able to fit in is 22. :cb

Irish_Steve
05-05-2020, 10:11 AM
I tried to contact the club via the message form on the official site but nothing seems to have happened - either that or I have sent the message about 20 times as I clicked on "Send" loads of times lol

ronaldo7
05-05-2020, 10:48 AM
I tried to contact the club via the message form on the official site but nothing seems to have happened - either that or I have sent the message about 20 times as I clicked on "Send" loads of times lol

I've tried the disability "hotline", four times yesterday, and another four times this morning, left a message regarding my enquiry, and not received a call back.

Has anyone got through on this number?

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Anyone else starting to feel under pressure with the early bird deadline approaching?

My heart says renew but my head says sit tight and see what happens

:cb

Irish_Steve
05-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Anyone else starting to feel under pressure with the early bird deadline approaching?

I`m waiting until the last minute before renewing as I can afford it but well realise that I am one of the lucky ones that can - helps if you don`t have a social life!

And here is a reply from the club about what happens if we buy a season ticket just now. Kinda standard fare but they did reply within an hour or so:

"Thank you for contacting us.

This is a difficult and challenging time for everyone. The health and wellbeing of our supporters, family, friends and the nation is of utmost importance to us as we all navigate our way through this unprecedented situation.

As a club, we are guided by the football authorities and most importantly government and public health advice. If situations arise that require action from us as a club, as always we will act with the very best intentions and communicate to our supporter base at that relevant time.

There is currently no specific information or decisions regarding the completion of the current season or if there will be any specific implications for the start of next. However, as stated above if these arise, the club will act accordingly and with the best of intentions.

We appreciate your support.

Wishing the very best to you and your family. Stay safe".

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2020, 12:01 PM
I`m waiting until the last minute before renewing as I can afford it but well realise that I am one of the lucky ones that can - helps if you don`t have a social life!

And here is a reply from the club about what happens if we buy a season ticket just now. Kinda standard fare but they did reply within an hour or so:

"Thank you for contacting us.

This is a difficult and challenging time for everyone. The health and wellbeing of our supporters, family, friends and the nation is of utmost importance to us as we all navigate our way through this unprecedented situation.

As a club, we are guided by the football authorities and most importantly government and public health advice. If situations arise that require action from us as a club, as always we will act with the very best intentions and communicate to our supporter base at that relevant time.

There is currently no specific information or decisions regarding the completion of the current season or if there will be any specific implications for the start of next. However, as stated above if these arise, the club will act accordingly and with the best of intentions.

We appreciate your support.

Wishing the very best to you and your family. Stay safe".
:thumbsup:

Jamesie
05-05-2020, 12:15 PM

Can anyone remember at what stage in the game previous extensions to the early bird have been announced in years gone by? From recollection it was pretty close to the wire, understandably.

05-05-2020, 12:45 PM

#metoo

Gmack7
05-05-2020, 01:00 PM

Yes to an extent, i also hope the payment plan is extended as i cant/wont be able to pay £1000 up front

hibee
05-05-2020, 01:37 PM

I was but have changed my mind.

I’ve decided if they don’t extend then I’m not willing to pay the extra once things become clearer, the 5% extra for me is fine but it’s around 29% increase if my kids miss the early bird deadline and as I pay for all 3 tickets then it’s me that takes the hit.

There’s so many things we can’t do because of football, not just Hibs but the kids footy on Sunday’s too so the thought of full weekends free is becoming more appealing by the day.

stuart-farquhar
05-05-2020, 01:42 PM
I asked if the club would do a payment plan. I'm not sure about renewing and can't get credit as I have no history in this country.

Was told can only help if refused by credit company.

So basically cash or nothing. Ordinarily I wouldn't even be thinking this way. But, in the situation of an unknown end to this season,the increasingly likelihood of no attended games this year I'm in two minds.

Of course the donation/membership is a strong reason to renew. However my instinct is to want some kind of concession in return via a payment plan (direct with Hibs)or an extension to the early bird. Plus the price of my ticket has increased substantially.

So the club needs to pony up something soon re the deadline at least for me.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2020, 01:44 PM
I asked if the club would do a payment plan. I'm not sure about renewing and can't get credit as I have no history in this country.

Was told can only help if refused by credit company.

So basically cash or nothing. Ordinarily I wouldn't even be thinking this way. But, in the situation of an unknown end to this season,the increasingly likelihood of no attended games this year I'm in two minds.

Of course the donation/membership is a strong reason to renew. However my instinct is to want some kind of concession in return via a payment plan (direct with Hibs)or an extension to the early bird. Plus the price of my ticket has increased substantially.

So the club needs to pony up something soon re the deadline at least for me.

So apply for the payment plan, once refused the club will allow you to use their own plan, simple surely?

stuart-farquhar
05-05-2020, 01:56 PM
So apply for the payment plan, once refused the club will allow you to use their own plan, simple surely?

That's simply not possible in my circumstances. But thats another story for another day.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2020, 02:01 PM
That's simply not possible in my circumstances. But thats another story for another day.

👍

Eyrie
05-05-2020, 05:56 PM

My plan was always to renew just prior to the deadline and I'll do that, but it is tempting to hold off and just pay the extra £20 once I have a better idea what is happening.

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2020, 06:27 PM
My plan was always to renew just prior to the deadline and I'll do that, but it is tempting to hold off and just pay the extra £20 once I have a better idea what is happening.

👍

Speedy
05-05-2020, 07:09 PM

Same

Irish_Steve
05-05-2020, 07:14 PM
I see that they are reporting on Brokeback the number of ST`s they have sold - it`s a whopping 2K

Y2K (see what I did there!), because even the maroon balloons know they are sh-one-t

hibby6270
05-05-2020, 07:37 PM

That’s where I’m at as well. £40 extra for me and have until 4th June to keep seats.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2020, 04:38 PM
YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

:top marks

:not worth

:flag::flag::flag:

Garymcl
06-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Well done the club let’s get to 7000 ggtth

Onion
06-05-2020, 05:47 PM
6000+ under these conditions.

Jack Ross and Ron Gordon will be astonished at the response of Hibs fans. They'll either think we're the most gullible chums or highly committed to the club - but either way, they got to be impressed. Has shocked and impressed me in equal measure :thumbsup:

Eyrie
06-05-2020, 06:55 PM
The merit of holding my nerve.

I can wait until 3 June to renew which means I'll be in a better place financially when I do.

Kudos to those who have already renewed though.

chippy
06-05-2020, 07:03 PM
If there no fans allowed into games say from October 2020 ,they could run the season tickets until October 2021 still giving us a full season so to speak .

so how does the club pay players and staff wages for 2 years with one years season ticket sales?

CraigHibee
06-05-2020, 08:04 PM
Its been extended 💪

We are pleased to announce a one-month extension to the Early Bird season ticket option to help provide greater flexibility for supporters and to thank them for their continued and extraordinary backing in this time of uncertainty.

The new deadline is Thursday 4 June at 5pm, to coincide with the seat release date. The club will continue to monitor and keep the situation under review beyond that, and are extremely grateful to the over 6,000 supporters that have already signed up for the 20/21 season.

The finance option will continue to be available over a 10-month instalment plan with the club meeting the interest costs. This option will be available after 5pm on Friday 8 May, before which the 11-month option will still apply.

danhibees1875
06-05-2020, 08:31 PM
Good move by Hibs. :aok:

When did Hibs start covering the interest costs again on the finance plan? I thought they'd changed that for this year.

hibbysam
06-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Good move by Hibs. :aok:

When did Hibs start covering the interest costs again on the finance plan? I thought they'd changed that for this year.

No, they started passing the charges from TM onto the fans, however ST finance plans have always been interest free (paid by the club). Think many presumed as the ticketmaster costs had been passed on, that season tickets would follow, but that wasn’t the case.

Gmack7
06-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Good decision 👍

Garymcl
06-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Excellent move again by our club let’s hit 7000 ASAP Ggtth :flag:

Irish_Steve
06-05-2020, 10:33 PM
As I wasn`t quick enough to get ST renewal 62 or 6270, I`m now aiming for 7062 or 7070

danhibees1875
07-05-2020, 07:24 AM
As I wasn`t quick enough to get ST renewal 62 or 6270, I`m now aiming for 7062 or 7070

It's done by alphabetical order, so hopefully your name isn't Steve Zarabi.

Irish_Steve
07-05-2020, 04:07 PM
I thought the video Hibs were posting with the ST numbers on it was in numerical order not alphabetical or maybe we are talking about two different things lol

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2020, 05:02 PM
I thought the video Hibs were posting with the ST numbers on it was in numerical order not alphabetical or maybe we are talking about two different things lol

It’s alphabetical so as more renew your number will change.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2020, 05:29 PM

The video that Hibs produce that goes at a million mph through the most recent 1000 people to have renewed their season ticket is done alphabetically based on surname.

Each of those surnames is given a number but the number doesn't relate to the order at which you bought your season ticket, it's to do with the alphabet. When we reach 7000, if Scott Allan had bought a season ticket he might be given 6001 on Hibs' video and Yannick Zambernardi would be 6999, even if Zambernardi was the 6001st person to buy a season ticket and Allan the 6999th.

Irish_Steve
07-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Thanks all - I`m deceptive, I`m thicker than I look!

Glory Lurker
07-05-2020, 05:52 PM
The video that Hibs produce that goes at a million mph through the most recent 1000 people to have renewed their season ticket is done alphabetically based on surname.

Each of those surnames is given a number but the number doesn't relate to the order at which you bought your season ticket, it's to do with the alphabet. When we reach 7000, if Scott Allan had bought a season ticket he might be given 6001 on Hibs' video and Yannick Zambernardi would be 6999, even if Zambernardi was the 6001st person to buy a season ticket and Allan the 6999th.

This theory only holds up if you discount Frank Zappa's bairns.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2020, 06:07 PM
This theory only holds up if you discount Frank Zappa's bairns.

Or if Abdel Zarabi fancies a seat in the east stand.

bod
07-05-2020, 07:00 PM
so how does the club pay players and staff wages for 2 years with one years season ticket sales?

:dunno: maybe using the happy hibby money :greengrin