PDA

View Full Version : Will Hibs vote to save Hearts?

Lee Marvin
16-04-2020, 05:42 PM
And what would the ramifications of Hibs being complicit in keeping them up be?

I know there is already a reconstruction thread, but I want this to be specific to the topic and subsequent question.

SMAXXA
16-04-2020, 05:45 PM
I don’t think Hibs will

hibbyfraelibby
16-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Ron Gordon wants us to dominate this town. In business if your competitor for you customers shows weakness you dive in and take the opportunity to consoludate and grow your market share. Over the next 15 years Edinburghs population is predicted to increase to nearly 650k, thats a huge new market and we can dominate it.

bingo70
16-04-2020, 05:47 PM
I hope there’s no tantrums and stomping of feet if we decide to vote for reconstruction.

We need to trust the club that whatever they choose to do will be in the best interests of the club.

If all this nonsense wasn’t going on just now and Hearts weren’t bottom of the league then I think most (not everyone) would be open minded to the possibility of a bigger league.

I can’t think of a scenario where reconstruction would work but in the event of Hibs agreeing to it i personally think we will need to accept there is good reason for us agreeing to it.

Diclonius
16-04-2020, 05:48 PM
I want league reconstruction as I believe it would make the league more exciting, if done correctly.

I like Hibs more than I dislike Hearts, so I'm not bothered if we vote to "save" them.

leggeto
16-04-2020, 05:50 PM
I hope they don't

Brightside
16-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Hibs will vote for Recon but not for a temp Recon.

munchar
16-04-2020, 05:51 PM
If any of our competitors were facing relegation, I’d want them down, as we’ve more chance of being successful with one out the way. Especially when they’ve been throwing money about they can’t afford. Them staying up will make them stronger. Down for me!

Lee Marvin
16-04-2020, 05:52 PM
I hope there’s no tantrums and stomping of feet if we decide to vote for reconstruction.

We need to trust the club that whatever they choose to do will be in the best interests of the club.

If all this nonsense wasn’t going on just now and Hearts weren’t bottom of the league then I think most (not everyone) would be open minded to the possibility of a bigger league.

I can’t think of a scenario where reconstruction would work but in the event of Hibs agreeing to it i personally think we will need to accept there is good reason for us agreeing to it.

I cant speak for others however, should we vote to save them, I can assure you that my feet will be stamped that hard I would break a bone.

I probably would not renew my season ticket either.

Childish? Pathetic? Probably! But that is how I, plus most of my Hibs group feel.

O'Rourke3
16-04-2020, 05:52 PM
I would hope not but the proposals would include saving Thistle etc as well as promoting Kelty, Falkirk etc including Bonnyrigg and there may indeed be a greater good that's worth considering. You can be sure if Hamilton were bottom theres be no reconstruction talk. If the voting rules are the same it'll be interesting where teams vote. Not in Dundee's interest to play in what could be a hard league even without Hearts in it withtwonornally difficult teams entering and no losses.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

murray26
16-04-2020, 05:53 PM
It means strengthening our rivals plus sharing TV money with 2 other teams.. I like reconstruction but definitely not for next season.

CloudSquall
16-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Hopefully Hibs vote against reconstruction to send Hearts down and in return the fans sell out the UTD games at ER.

Since452
16-04-2020, 05:57 PM
No. Another nail in their coffin please.

Carheenlea
16-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Hibs are not petty enough to base their vote on the fate of anther club.

They’ll vote for what they believe to be the best option going forward as a League and for the club.

munchar
16-04-2020, 06:02 PM
I would hope not but the proposals would include saving Thistle etc as well as promoting Kelty, Falkirk etc including Bonnyrigg and there may indeed be a greater good that's worth considering. You can be sure if Hamilton were bottom theres be no reconstruction talk. If the voting rules are the same it'll be interesting where teams vote. Not in Dundee's interest to play in what could be a hard league even without Hearts in it withtwonornally difficult teams entering and no losses.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why should Falkirk get promoted. There’s Airdie 4 points behind them, Montrose 5, & East Fife 7 behind but outside play offs. It’s impossible to be fair unless you include everyone who mathematically were in contention across all leagues.

Hibs4185
16-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Permanent and beneficial reconstruction- yes (no chance of this being achieved for the start of next season though.)

Temp reconstruction to save hearts, followed by more chance of being relegated the next season - Absolutely not

makaveli1875
16-04-2020, 06:06 PM
The league needs reformed somehow but it needs to be properly thought out for the benefit of the Scottish game not done on a whim to save some ***** team from relegation that were heading down anyway

***** the Hertz

Billy Whizz
16-04-2020, 06:08 PM

What’s in it for Hibs????

Ozyhibby
16-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Hibs are long term opponents of expanding the league, along with Aberdeen and erm, hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
16-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Hibs are long term opponents of expanding the league, along with Aberdeen and erm, hearts.

It was only a matter of months ago that Budget said that there were too many semi/professional clubs in Scotland.

She sure has changed her tune fast

Alfred E Newman
16-04-2020, 06:13 PM
I want league reconstruction as I believe it would make the league more exciting, if done correctly.

I like Hibs more than I dislike Hearts, so I'm not bothered if we vote to "save" them.
How do you think it would make the league more exciting?

Billy Whizz
16-04-2020, 06:14 PM
How do you think it would make the league more exciting?

It will mean more meaningless games

Lee Marvin
16-04-2020, 06:15 PM
What’s in it for Hibs????

I genuinely believe that the only reason for most, if not all, of the premiership clubs to vote for reconstruction is fairness to the relegated teams. I genuinely cant think of another.

It would be political suicide for Hibs to vote that through.

bingo70
16-04-2020, 06:15 PM
I cant speak for others however, should we vote to save them, I can assure you that my feet will be stamped that hard I would break a bone.

I probably would not renew my season ticket either.

Childish? Pathetic? Probably! But that is how I, plus most of my Hibs group feel.

Do you not trust the people at the club to act in our best interests? Even if you don’t agree with them?

My preference is for Hearts to be relegated and I think that’s what will happen, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t though, don’t see the point in pissing and moaning about it.

Can’t always get what you want.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2020, 06:38 PM

Maybe, but Aberdeen and Hibs have the opportunity to widen the gap between ourselves and Hearts. It will take them 3/4 years to recover from this, while the Premiership clubs benefit from the new TV deal
Why would we vote to enable Hearts to compete with us.

In the commercial world, you don’t support your competitors

The Harp Awakes
16-04-2020, 06:39 PM
If it was temporary reconstruction of leagues for 1 season, there's no benefit for the vast majority of clubs so it won't happen. Hibs would be crazy to vote for that as there's no financial benefit and they'll get pelters from the fans for saving Hearts in those circumstances.

If it was a permanent restructuring of the leagues on offer, then more clubs may vote fir it. In that situation Hibs should vote on what's best for us and Scottish football. Many Hibs fans may still not like it, but the negativity would not be as intense.

The 90+2
16-04-2020, 06:41 PM
It would be conning 3,500 people that have bought into next years season tickets based on season that is the norm, probably why it takes a year to get reconstruction through.

BILLYHIBS
16-04-2020, 06:45 PM
“Don’t take your foot off the gas they would do the same to you”

Eddie Turnbull

Waxy
16-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Wouldnt mind if someone came up with the ultimate best system for Our league. We’ve already evolved to this point by massive amounts of effort.
If theres a system someone can prove would be best then bring it forward now.
If not then let us continue as we have been.
To change everything now to help one club “in a mashed up ill thought out one season reconstruction” who dont deserve it would be pretty daft.

The 90+2
16-04-2020, 06:47 PM

Eddie Turnbull

You forgot the “fitbastats” but great post 😁

Ozyhibby
16-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Maybe, but Aberdeen and Hibs have the opportunity to widen the gap between ourselves and Hearts. It will take them 3/4 years to recover from this, while the Premiership clubs benefit from the new TV deal

Totally agree and Hibs are against as well so all good.

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Send 'em down!

we are hibs
16-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Anything other than a vote against reconstruction will be stabbing their own support in the back..and they know it. I hope they vote against it and im pretty certain they eventually will. Voting for it is unacceptable no matter how many people on here will try and defend it.

bingo70
Send 'em down!

Seems like you’re struggling to make up your mind on this one Bob.

You’re worse than Dundee FFS. Hurry up and get off that fence.

The 90+2
Send 'em down!

Jambo bassa’s

Send ‘em down, send ‘em down I say....

offshorehibby
16-04-2020, 07:04 PM
I will be surprised if Hibs vote for a larger league. Hibs will sit down and weigh up the pros and cons on reconstruction and will vote on what's best for Hibs. GGTTH

bod
16-04-2020, 07:07 PM
It means strengthening our rivals plus sharing TV money with 2 other teams.. I like reconstruction but definitely not for next season.

& fitting in more games into an already tight schedule

BILLYHIBS
16-04-2020, 07:09 PM
You forgot the “fitbastats” but great post 😁
:greengrin

Greenworld
16-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Totally agree and Hibs are against as well so all good.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIs that the feeling even now Ozy because im dead against a 14 team and especially at the moment

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
16-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Restructuring needs to be done for the right reasons, with the best possible set up and the best sponsorship and TV deal. It needs to be planned properly with at least one season in between so that teams are clear what they are playing for. This is Hearts begging for other clubs to save them whilst still trying to be the big team. Make no mistake, they’ll be ramming it down your throats that they were too big for Scottish football to let them go down and how important they are. We should never vote to save them. Remember Wallace Mercer. 😡

theonlywayisup
16-04-2020, 07:18 PM
I think I've been pretty consistent that I don't see Hearts getting relegated. The often used expression is that no-one should lose out financially from the season being curtailed prematurely under conditions that no-one could ever have expected. I think the scenario being played out is for the re-construction to be approved for a season or two, as the 2021/22 is as likely to be affected as the 2019/20 season.

I could, of course, be wrong and I'm not going to say whether it's right or wrong. But I think all has been agreed already.

Whatever Hibs do or vote, I'll always support them as my love for Hibs is far greater than my hatred for the Hertz.

Michael
16-04-2020, 07:21 PM

I think there's a mutual benefit to Hibs and Hearts being competitive. It's probably the reason why both Edinburgh clubs attract more fans than Aberdeen.

Not saying we should definitely vote for reconstruction, but in general we benefit from the rivalry.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2020, 07:32 PM
I think there's a mutual benefit to Hibs and Hearts being competitive. It's probably the reason why both Edinburgh clubs attract more fans than Aberdeen.

Not saying we should definitely vote for reconstruction, but in general we benefit from the rivalry.

Michael, one thing that sticks out, is both teams very rarely do well at the same time
It’s our time now, let’s make sure Ron moves Hibs on to the next level
No point buying Hibs, if you don’t want us to be a Top 3/4 club, now is the time Ron!

Eyrie
16-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Hibs should vote in the best interests of Scottish football, which means backing the right reconstruction if it is properly thought through and teams are given proper notification of when it starts.

It should be irrelevant whether Hearts will benefit or suffer the consequences of their own incompetence.

16-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Send 'em down!

Keep 'em down!
(they're already sent down, just not official until UEFA confirm Euro places). 😀

Keith_M
16-04-2020, 07:40 PM
I can't believe there's another thread giving people the opportunity to take pot-shots at Hibs for something they haven't done yet... and probably won't do anyway.

:rolleyes:

Another one for the righteously indignant to post....

"If Hibs [insert_imaginary_action_here] then I definitely won't be renewing my Season Ticket"

:grr:

16-04-2020, 07:46 PM
I think I've been pretty consistent that I don't see Hearts getting relegated. The often used expression is that no-one should lose out financially from the season being curtailed prematurely under conditions that no-one could ever have expected. I think the scenario being played out is for the re-construction to be approved for a season or two, as the 2021/22 is as likely to be affected as the 2019/20 season.

I could, of course, be wrong and I'm not going to say whether it's right or wrong. But I think all has been agreed already.

Whatever Hibs do or vote, I'll always support them as my love for Hibs is far greater than my hatred for the Hertz.

I've yet to see a restructuring proposal where no clubs lose out financially. They all involve minimising what Hearts (the worst team in the league) lose and sharing what they'd lose with the other top flight clubs. 2019/2020 season is f***ed, why f*** up 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 as well?

chippy
16-04-2020, 07:48 PM

That would be the right thing to don imo

chippy
16-04-2020, 07:51 PM
Hibs should vote in the best interests of Scottish football, which means backing the right reconstruction if it is properly thought through and teams are given proper notification of when it starts.

It should be irrelevant whether Hearts will benefit or suffer the consequences of their own incompetence.

Totally agree, well said

H18S NX
16-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Send them down,the machiavellian malpracticing #####.

Hibs4185
16-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Better use of resources would be to come up with a permanent solution for 2021/2022 so it can be implemented properly rather than this ridiculous temporary nonsense just to save those *anks.

pollution
16-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Any reconstruction needs to be done very slowly with all clubs involved.

Certainly not rushed and spearheaded by a Premier club with a very vested interested.

I believe Mrs B was given this sop so that she can at say to her fand that she tried to find a way to stop them going down.

Spike Mandela
16-04-2020, 08:09 PM
I think we currently have the least worst league setup that allows certain teams their desired 4 games against Rangers and Celtic and gives the broadcasters their 4 Rangers and Celtic games.

I have not been convinced by ANY argument on here that any mooted reconstruction is better for me as a fan or indeed for Hibs and would take some convincing by Hibs if they voted for it.

This entire farce is to save Hearts being relegated.

Antifa Hibs
16-04-2020, 08:09 PM
Hibs should vote what's good for us. And that's getting our nearest competitor who just happens to be a bunch of cheating *******s to ****.

I can't recall any mention of Scottish football reconstruction before this week from any clubs. Wonder why. Surely if its gonna benefit us all every club in the country would've been calling for it. Statements, AGMS, supporter club meetings - not one word of restructuring the leagues from any club.

FWIW I don't mind the 12 team league. The biggest problem with it that i've had is that for far too often we've been competing in the wrong group after the split! (Fingers crossed thats now fixed however...)

B.H.F.C
16-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Hibs will do what is right for Hibs (not the rest of Scottish football).

A temporary reconstruction won’t see us gain anything so we won’t vote for it.

Smartie
16-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Hibs will vote to save Hibs.

Not just to save Hibs but to ensure that Hibs thrive and prosper well into the future.

A rather unpalatable side effect of that might be that we end up voting for Hearts to be saved from relegation. Might be, probably won't be, as I find it very hard to think of any proposal that Hearts might put forward that would save their skin plus help us.

Send 'em down.

weecounty hibby
16-04-2020, 08:17 PM
I think we currently have the least worst league setup that allows certain teams their desired 4 games against Rangers and Celtic and gives the broadcasters their 4 Rangers and Celtic games.

I have not been convinced by ANY argument on here that any mooted reconstruction is better for me as a fan or indeed for Hibs and would take some convincing by Hibs if they voted for it.

This entire farce is to save Hearts being relegated.

I agree completely, must be missing my meds, but I think this season was a pretty exciting one, last season not so much but the season before definitely was. Nothing that I have seen proposed makes me think it will be any better. And for the avoidance of doubt GET HEARTS RELEGATED. They 100% deserve it as they have been dug***** for a season and a half.

jacomo
16-04-2020, 08:53 PM
Hibs will vote to save Hibs.

Not just to save Hibs but to ensure that Hibs thrive and prosper well into the future.

A rather unpalatable side effect of that might be that we end up voting for Hearts to be saved from relegation. Might be, probably won't be, as I find it very hard to think of any proposal that Hearts might put forward that would save their skin plus help us.

Send 'em down.

It’s genius to create a working party for Budge, and put the guy from Hamilton in with her.

Guarantees that any proposal that comes out of it will be an incoherent, unworkable mess that will get voted down.

JimBHibees
16-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Nail on the head. They would do what we should do.

JimBHibees
16-04-2020, 09:23 PM

Eddie Turnbull

Agree Eddie :greengrin

Onion
16-04-2020, 09:51 PM
Hibs should vote for 3 up, 1 down for a year. Then 2 down, no promotion.

For what's best for Scottish football, of course :cb.

16-04-2020, 09:55 PM
To help all the clubs struggling for cash (including Hearts) we gave up £125k prize money by voting for the leagues to be called. I think that's enough philanthropy for one season. Why should we give up any more to save Hearts? I think we'll again do the right thing for the majority in our league which is to keep the set up as it is.

All Budge's greeting about how much it will cost them is nothing more than a bid to garner sympathy and get her media pals campaigning on her behalf.

They get something like £120k per month donated from fans which all goes straight to the bottom line. None of the clubs that she's wanting to take a hit to reduce their lost income get free money like that. I'm not begrudging them getting the donations, fair play to their fans for doing it, but what I do begrudge is her expecting all the other clubs to rally round and effectively cough up to help them when they've been the worst team in the league.

They were 4 points behind Hamilton and 6 behind St Mirren and Ross County. Over 30 games they have scored an average of 0.75 points per game so that ratio would give them 6 points from the last 8 games. They had a massive jobs on their hands to even get to 11th place.

The argument Jambos often put forward is that once the split came they'd be playing all the bottom 6 teams however even that's a crap argument because they only got 1 win against the bottom 6 teams all season (If you use the league table at the point it was stopped and not after we gave St Johnstone 6th).

Hearts don't deserve our sympathy, our cash or our help to bail them out.

munchar
16-04-2020, 10:07 PM

Not true!
First thing any club will do is vote in the best interests of themselves. We’re no different. Hearts being out the league gives us a great opportunity to kick on and become serious top 3 challengers. Be great to meet Hearts in the cup sometime though. 👌

GRA
16-04-2020, 10:13 PM
I'd be incredibly surprised if there wasn't a 10-2 vote AGAINST reconstruction. Jambos and probably Huns will vote for it. But what other SPL club would? Who would vote to lose another two (potentially four) games against the Weegie cheeks? And who would vote to dilute the TV money? Can't see Celtic voting for it.

It always comes down to finances in the end. It's everyone for thenselves as the vote just gone proved. All this lip service will count for nothing as this whole Taskforce has been set up for one purpose - to save the Jambos. Would they save us if the roles were reversed? Nope. So SEND THEM DOWN! 😆

Waxy
16-04-2020, 10:14 PM
It might be a bunch of options. Vote a b or c with none of them keeping the status quo snd all of them keeping hearts up.
I’m probably just horribly paranoid.

Hibernianinc
16-04-2020, 10:17 PM
Open question.

How is relegation for herts, Partick and Stranraer ’unfair’?

One team from each league was going to be relegated.
All the teams in a precarious position would have been game-planning the worst
The number of games each team plays is completely arbitrary (premiership particularly).

The situation is that the season has been called, and average points per game apply.

What’s herts, or Patrick’s argument?? “Oh, if we’d know that we’d have tried harder against St Mirren/Morton/insert name of any team that beat them.

So far, I don’t buy a single argument of ‘unfair’.

I’d welcome anyone present a case otherwise.

(May smoke out a few incognito herts fans moonlighting on here....)

BegbieHSC
17-04-2020, 12:55 AM
I’m personally in favour of permanent league reconstruction, with more teams in the top flight.

Let’s face it - we don’t need the OF money as much as others do.

It’s an unhealthy attitude, but right now we play the Old Firm 8 times a season, for a total of 24 points - in a v good season we’d win 10/24 points. If we only played the OF once home and away a season, that releases 12 more winnable points against smaller teams. It’s negative, but by playing the OF less, there’s the chance to actually challenge them at the top if teams like us, Aberdeen etc can be consistent against the dross in the league.

The 12 team league with the split is constructed purely for the benefit of the OF.

Unfortunately cash is king - league construction will never happen democratically. Smaller teams would never vote to have less home games v the OF, and thus gate receipts. That’s the stranglehold they have on the league - the league is structured in a way the makes it uncompetitive for anyone but the OF, but clubs won’t vote to change it cause of the money they bring to their grounds.

On the point of league reconstruction for next season - I’m not just saying it because it’s Hearts, but it’s farcical that it’s even being considered. If it was Accies/Livi/St Mirren in bottom spot, the prospect would be laughed out the room. League reconstruction takes at least a year of consultation, and evidence gathering, as well as re-negotiations with TV companies. It can’t be rushed through in a couple of weeks. 14 team league is an absolute nonsense.

Kato
17-04-2020, 01:14 AM
I’m personally in favour of permanent league reconstruction, with more teams in the top flight.

It’s an unhealthy attitude, but right now we play the Old Firm 8 times a season, for a total of 24 points - in a v good season we’d win 10/24 points. If we only played the OF once home and away a season, that releases 12 more winnable points against smaller teams. It’s negative, but by playing the OF less, there’s the chance to actually challenge them at the top if teams like us, Aberdeen etc can be consistent against the dross in the league.

The 12 team league with the split is constructed purely for the benefit of the OF.

Unfortunately cash is king - league construction will never happen democratically. Smaller teams would never vote to have less home games v the OF, and thus gate receipts. That’s the stranglehold they have on the league - the league is structured in a way the makes it uncompetitive for anyone but the OF, but clubs won’t vote to change it cause of the money they bring to their grounds.

On the point of league reconstruction for next season - I’m not just saying it because it’s Hearts, but it’s farcical that it’s even being considered. If it was Accies/Livi/St Mirren in bottom spot, the prospect would be laughed out the room. League reconstruction takes at least a year of consultation, and evidence gathering, as well as re-negotiations with TV companies. It can’t be rushed through in a couple of weeks. 14 team league is an absolute nonsense.Great thoughts. I agree the repetitive fixture list doesn't leave much room for competition and a bigger League would mean more room for player development

We should consider these things over the next season or two and not panic into any kind of rash change just because a "task force" has been formed.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
17-04-2020, 05:56 AM
I'd be incredibly surprised if there wasn't a 10-2 vote AGAINST reconstruction. Jambos and probably Huns will vote for it. But what other SPL club would? Who would vote to lose another two (potentially four) games against the Weegie cheeks? And who would vote to dilute the TV money? Can't see Celtic voting for it.

It always comes down to finances in the end. It's everyone for thenselves as the vote just gone proved. All this lip service will count for nothing as this whole Taskforce has been set up for one purpose - to save the Jambos. Would they save us if the roles were reversed? Nope. So SEND THEM DOWN! 😆

Hamilton and Hearts will vote for their proposal Rangers will vote for it. Thinking rationally no one else should but I think they will. The press and the media will back this under the guise of fairness.

IMHO Hearts will get out of this.

marinello59
17-04-2020, 06:09 AM
Hamilton and Hearts will vote for their proposal Rangers will vote for it. Thinking rationally no one else should but I think they will. The press and the media will back this under the guise of fairness.

Why would Sevco back it? It will cost them money and it won’t stop Celtic being crowned Champions.

Waxy
17-04-2020, 06:13 AM

As i’ve said it would more unfair NOT to relegate them.
The season was almost played out and enough to see they were huge favorites to finish bottom after the St Mirren defeat.
The vote to end it early set it in stone.
Who finished bottom the last 20 years?
They all went down.
Who’ll finish bottom next ten years?
They’ll all go down.
It could and most likely will be us one year and we’ll take it on the chin like we always have. Now its hearts time, and when they come back next season and continue overspending they’ll probably still think they’re too massive to go down.

Gloucester Hibs
17-04-2020, 06:28 AM

If this is the case I can’t understand Budge’s constant moaning and criticism of the SPFL including their statement yesterday. If she’s been given the nod you’d think she’d be instructed to STFU and show some humility.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2020, 06:31 AM
Open question.

How is relegation for herts, Partick and Stranraer ’unfair’?

One team from each league was going to be relegated.
All the teams in a precarious position would have been game-planning the worst
The number of games each team plays is completely arbitrary (premiership particularly).

The situation is that the season has been called, and average points per game apply.

What’s herts, or Patrick’s argument?? “Oh, if we’d know that we’d have tried harder against St Mirren/Morton/insert name of any team that beat them.

So far, I don’t buy a single argument of ‘unfair’.

I’d welcome anyone present a case otherwise.

(May smoke out a few incognito herts fans moonlighting on here....)
Partick have a game in hand, they are definitely being shafted a bit. Nothing unfair about hearts.

InchHibby
17-04-2020, 06:35 AM
My problem with this is ,
1) Have Hearts actually suggested league reconstruction within, say, the last six years.
2) Would they be as vociferous if it were us in their position.
3) And if it were just a vote, for it to happen in the next couple of seasons, with the prospect of losing four home old firm ties and two Derby home ties, them being cut in half.
My answer to all three would be a resounding no from them so it’s a resounding no from me.

Brooster
17-04-2020, 06:37 AM
I expect Hibs to vote no to reconstruction. If it does go to 14 teams it should be 3 up 1 down and in future it should be 2 up 2 down with 3rd bottom going in to a playoff otherwise you will get dozens of meaningless games. These talks are designed to save hearts therfore should be opposed.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2020, 06:42 AM

Agree, why is this something that has to be done now?

Let’s take out time and most importantly outline the changes before any season starts, so everybody knows what’s at play “before” a ball is kicked. Not just because COVID mucked things up.

J

Bristolhibby
17-04-2020, 06:45 AM
As i’ve said it would more unfair NOT to relegate them.
The season was almost played out and enough to see they were huge favorites to finish bottom after the St Mirren defeat.
The vote to end it early set it in stone.
Who finished bottom the last 20 years?
They all went down.
Who’ll finish bottom next ten years?
They’ll all go down.
It could and most likely will be us one year and we’ll take it on the chin like we always have. Now its hearts time, and when they come back next season and continue overspending they’ll probably still think they’re too massive to go down.

What reconstruction is saying is 8 games not played takes precedence over the 30 that have been played.

Nonsense. Stop being *****! (Except against USA at ER). Then you won’t go down.

J

cocteautwin
17-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Why would Sevco back it? It will cost them money and it won’t stop Celtic being crowned Champions.

It allows them to continue their charade that their driving force is some sort of fairness rather than just trying to stop Celtic winning the league. They'll vote for the restructure safe in the knowledge that it will be voted down by 8 or so other clubs.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2020, 06:53 AM
I can't believe there's another thread giving people the opportunity to take pot-shots at Hibs for something they haven't done yet... and probably won't do anyway.

:rolleyes:

Another one for the righteously indignant to post....

"If Hibs [insert_imaginary_action_here] then I definitely won't be renewing my Season Ticket"

:grr:

There is nothing wrong in giving Hibs a steer on fans thinking. Otherwise they may have voted the wrong way last week.

Rumble de Thump
17-04-2020, 07:18 AM
At some point Hearts need to learn their lesson.

Spike Mandela
17-04-2020, 08:02 AM
The league needs reformed somehow but it needs to be properly thought out for the benefit of the Scottish game not done on a whim to save some ***** team from relegation that were heading down anyway

***** the Hertz

Needs, really???? Have read this a couple of times on here, where does this sudden urgent need come from?

Sammy7nil
17-04-2020, 08:11 AM
Needs, really???? Have read this a couple of times on here, where does this sudden urgent need come from?

Totally agree if this season had been played to an end would there be any mention of reconstruction? No chance this simply being discussed to save Hearts and Thistle who have both been very old for over a year now.

Paisley Hibby
17-04-2020, 08:11 AM
I genuinely believe that the only reason for most, if not all, of the premiership clubs to vote for reconstruction is fairness to the relegated teams. I genuinely cant think of another.

It would be political suicide for Hibs to vote that through.
If its not fair to relegate clubs then neither is it fair to declare any clubs as champions and promote them. Having already decided to do the latter (based on current league position) I think you also have to relegate based on the same criterion. Anything else is trying to have your cake and eat it.

Onion
17-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Hibs might have a technical issue with the vote, just for the entertainment value alone :greengrin.

Saint Hibee
17-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Hibs are not petty enough to base their vote on the fate of anther club.

They’ll vote for what they believe to be the best option going forward as a League and for the club.

This. Let’s just focus our decision on what is best for Scottish football. What it means to Hearts should be completely irrelevant.

weecounty hibby
17-04-2020, 08:51 AM

There is no NEED there is a discussion now because the self proclaimed bigliest club in the world are total dug***** and look to be heading down and want to save their own cheating skins. There is also some fanciful romanticism about a 18/20 team league leading us to the promised land of Champions league winning and world cup qualifying. I actually think that the set up just now is as good as we will get. This year was pretty exciting until the Hun shot thier load, the European qualification, top 6 and relegation issue were all going to the wire
Make no mistake this is all about saving the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, poppy theiving, charity robbing *******s anyone will ever come across

EI255
17-04-2020, 08:53 AM
Fans would overwhelmingly vote not to save Hearts, however the club might think differently. I hope we do vote against them. How many Get Out Of Jail cards can one club have? Get rid. Now.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
17-04-2020, 08:54 AM
There is no NEED there is a discussion now because the self proclaimed bigliest club in the world are total dug***** and look to be heading down and want to save their own cheating skins. There is also some fanciful romanticism about a 18/20 team league leading us to the promised land of Champions league winning and world cup qualifying. I actually think that the set up just now is as good as we will get. This year was pretty exciting until the Hun shot thier load, the European qualification, top 6 and relegation issue were all going to the wire
Make no mistake this is all about saving the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, poppy theiving, charity robbing *******s anyone will ever come across100%.

Also the club who voted against league reconstruction in 2016.

dchibs
17-04-2020, 09:15 AM
Agree, why is this something that has to be done now?

Let’s take out time and most importantly outline the changes before any season starts, so everybody knows what’s at play “before” a ball is kicked. Not just because COVID mucked things up.

J

I agree it should not be done now, it should take time with more thought, I never thought the spfl voting system is fair also 11-1 I also think that that needs looked at for the future.

munchar
17-04-2020, 09:17 AM

On the point of league reconstruction for next season - I’m not just saying it because it’s Hearts, but it’s farcical that it’s even being considered. If it was Accies/Livi/St Mirren in bottom spot, the prospect would be laughed out the room. League reconstruction takes at least a year of consultation, and evidence gathering, as well as re-negotiations with TV companies. It can’t be rushed through in a couple of weeks. 14 team league is an absolute nonsense.

Great post.
A fair reconstruction has absolutely no chance of happening while sky/bt are calling the shots. 4 games per season against each other is far to much. If they’re serious about reconstruction, let’s talk now, and bring it into play after the new sky deal is up. We will constantly be stuck in the doldrums and playing 2nd fiddle to The Old Firm when reliant on the income their away fans bring. Playing twice a season gives everyone a better chance of success. At first the smaller teams coming into the league will struggle, but given time, will grow their structure & increase fanbases when they have more quality on the park. Until we stop letting the tv companies dictate, there’s no exciting reconstruction solutions.

wills
17-04-2020, 09:19 AM
Clubs won’t vote in favour of reconstruction without confirmation that the tv and any sponsorship deals still go ahead. The financial impact has already been felt this season, they won’t vote for more of the same next season.

im all in favour of reconstruction but it needs to be managed and implemented over the next 2 to 3 years, not the next 2/3months

Bristolhibby
17-04-2020, 09:56 AM
Also, we had the chance to change the world when the club formally know as Rangers died and were gracefully allowed back in at the bottom level of Scottish football as a new club.

We bottled it then, as it was the one chance where the 11-1 wouldn’t have killed change.

What we have discovered is like Stockholm Syndrome it is the smaller clubs that chase the OF pound that ensure that things never change. Ht and the Sky insistence on 4 OF games a season.

J

Spike Mandela
17-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Fans would overwhelmingly vote not to save Hearts, however the club might think differently. I hope we do vote against them. How many Get Out Of Jail cards can one club have? Get rid. Now.

Hibs will not be voting against Hearts they will be voting for or against a league structure proposal.

A proposal should really be demonstrably beneficial for Hibs as a club for them to vote for it.

My concern is that what if any proposal put forward is neither significantly beneficial nor detrimental to Hibs, what do they do then?

where'stheslope
17-04-2020, 10:05 AM
All this is pie in the sky until there is a chance of the new season starting.
The way the First Minister was talking yesterday, football may not start back until a vaccine is found.
If its 18 months time, more than just the smaller clubs could hit the wall!!!!

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Appart from the fact Aberdeen is only 40% the size of Edinburgh with a hinterland 30% as populous as the Lothians that might seek plausible

Real Emerald
17-04-2020, 10:26 AM
If Hearts are really pushing restructuring then let the take their medicine and bring 3 up with them going down. Any chance of them pushing this set up for the good of Scottish football.

CockneyRebel
17-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Also, we had the chance to change the world when the club formally know as Rangers died and were gracefully allowed back in at the bottom level of Scottish football as a new club.

We bottled it then, as it was the one chance where the 11-1 wouldn’t have killed change.

What we have discovered is like Stockholm Syndrome it is the smaller clubs that chase the OF pound that ensure that things never change. Ht and the Sky insistence on 4 OF games a season.

J

Not a case of bottling it - Aberdeen voted with Celtic and screwed everyone else.

Aldo
17-04-2020, 10:52 AM
If Hearts are really pushing restructuring then let the take their medicine and bring 3 up with them going down. Any chance of them pushing this set up for the good of Scottish football.

Aye but, but we’ve spent loads trying to stay up??

Greenworld
17-04-2020, 12:50 PM
Now is not the time for change Hearts are Kidding no one and don't deserve special treatment .
A 14 team league is no improvement for me .
The 12 as it stands has actually been quite good the last few seasons

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2020, 01:37 PM
I hope Hibs do vote for it ... for the reasons I've bored everybody to death with on other threads :greengrin

But not for one season just to suit the Hertz .... absolutely not !!!

As it is I think Hibs will be very much 50/50 on the idea and will take some persuading. We have already shown we are prepared to take a hit for the good of everybody, whether we would also accept a hit to TV and prize money revenue going forward for a bigger ideal is open to question and that applies to every other club.

That's the job of Budge and co now ... nobody will accept just keeping Hearts in the premiership as a major part of the argument, so she had better have a more constructive and better one than that, as will her colleagues from the SPFL. How to minimise the loss of income through having to spread it more thinly will be front and centre and what benefits it will have overall to mitigate any losses is key ..... EG will a lot more clubs benefit overall in the long term, which is an argument I think is there to be made.

Their biggest task without doubt is to get each individual club to think of the game as a whole and put aside as much as they can narrow minded self interest ... EG will Celtic be happy with just 9 times more money than everybody else instead of 10 .... It's not hopeful is it :greengrin

munchar
17-04-2020, 05:13 PM
I don’t see how adding 2 teams to the league improves it any? This idea of 14 teams playing twice, then splitting and playing another twice each. Most of the teams will still be playing each other 4 times, which has been an issue. Also, that’s 1/3 of the season getting played after the split. Most probably with a couple of teams with nothing to play for.

17-04-2020, 05:44 PM
I don’t see how adding 2 teams to the league improves it any? This idea of 14 teams playing twice, then splitting and playing another twice each. Most of the teams will still be playing each other 4 times, which has been an issue. Also, that’s 1/3 of the season getting played after the split. Most probably with a couple of teams with nothing to play for.

Exactly. Too many games after the split = greater chance of meaningless games. When there are 10 (or more) games left to play it is unfair on teams just missing out on the top "half" who could easily still have qualified for Europe.

Some are suggesting it would be a top 6 and a bottom 8. In the seasons since we came back up we have been around mid table about halfway through the season so it could easily be us at the top of the bottom 8 at the split so we'd have 14 matches with very little at stake.

It is imperative that we vote against reconstruction.

Heisenberg
17-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Leeann Dempster is on the task force so I’m guessing we’ll be voting for whatever they come up with....

jae
17-04-2020, 11:30 PM
The 11-1 vote may well be a stumbling block for reconstruction of the leagues but I think the lower division clubs may be the deciding factor.
How many of them will be keen to save Hearts and Partick after their no votes to end the season which would have meant the delay in prize money being handed out? Some of them could have gone bust never mind relegated.

PH91
19-04-2020, 10:00 AM
I can't see Hibs voting for a temp reconstruction of the prem and saving Hearts. It could be that our first match next season is against Hearts in the semi with a chance to get to the final, it is definitely in our interests for them to go down.

It's the other teams i'm worried about. If they propose a 14 team league with 1 straight down and 2 playoff spots (to be played against 2nd and 3rd in the champ) then all the 'bottom half' clubs could vote for that.

Rangers and Celtic don't really care and could vote to save Partick.

Just leaves the rest and Aberdeen said yesterday that they would vote for it.

If 9-3 is all that is needed this may be closer than lots on here think. Its maybe a good thing we have someone on the inside.