PDA

View Full Version : Credit where it’s due!

AL-Qaholik
15-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Huge credit to Hibs.
I had tried to purchase a season ticket for next season using the finance option. I’ve done the same on many previous seasons and never had any issue.
This time around, however, I was rejected almost instantly.
I have a very good credit score and, as I said, had bought my ST this way many times in the past.
I contacted the club and they said the finance company they are using had basically put a block on anyone who was self-employed asking for credit. A really lovely thing to do at a time when everybody is struggling so badly financially.
I asked if the club had any way around this (being self-employed, I have no current income and won’t get the governments help scheme money until June at the earliest so couldn’t buy the ticket outright). They said they were working on something but couldn’t make any promises.
Well, I’ve just got off the phone with a lovely lady called Linda who gleefully informed me that the club have set up their own 11 instalment direct debit plan to cater for all those who have been rejected for finance due to self-employment!
I’m now fully signed up and have my seat for next year confirmed at last!
A huge thanks to the club & the ticket office staff for helping folk like me keep our bums on seats!
Here’s to the new season........whenever that is!

CraigHibee
15-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Good to hear, i have heard of others declined for the application

It would be good if the club made this common knowledge though as they potentially may loose a few

AL-Qaholik
15-04-2020, 03:27 PM
I think they’ll get around to that. I emailed them because I could see my seat was still showing on my account but I knew the finance hadn’t worked so wanted to make sure I didn’t lose my seat. It seemed to me like they were aware there was an issue and weren’t releasing the seats folk had tried to buy until they’ve contacted everybody.

CraigHibee
15-04-2020, 03:36 PM
I think they’ll get around to that. I emailed them because I could see my seat was still showing on my account but I knew the finance hadn’t worked so wanted to make sure I didn’t lose my seat. It seemed to me like they were aware there was an issue and weren’t releasing the seats folk had tried to buy until they’ve contacted everybody.

I applied for it as well and got declined but my seat was no longer showing in my basket and dont want to lose it. Ill drop them an email to see if i can sort it.

Cheers bud

hailhail22
15-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Huge credit to Hibs.
I had tried to purchase a season ticket for next season using the finance option. I’ve done the same on many previous seasons and never had any issue.
I have a very good credit score and, as I said, had bought my ST this way many times in the past.
I contacted the club and they said the finance company they are using had basically put a block on anyone who was self-employed asking for credit. A really lovely thing to do at a time when everybody is struggling so badly financially.
I asked if the club had any way around this (being self-employed, I have no current income and won’t get the governments help scheme money until June at the earliest so couldn’t buy the ticket outright). They said they were working on something but couldn’t make any promises.
Well, I’ve just got off the phone with a lovely lady called Linda who gleefully informed me that the club have set up their own 11 instalment direct debit plan to cater for all those who have been rejected for finance due to self-employment!
A huge thanks to the club & the ticket office staff for helping folk like me keep our bums on seats!

I received a phone call as well, very pleased I have managed to renew my 4 Season tickets.

FYI it was a mobile number I had been called off from Mel, presume the ticket office staff are working from home, if you have a missed call from a number you don’t know it may be for your renewal.

tamig
15-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Huge credit to Hibs.
Good stuff. Not sure if you are on the PM board but I started a thread on there a few weeks back when I was rejected with no explanation. I could only guess it was due to my employment status.

After two emails to the finance company they accepted me - but they’d already lost my business as I was in a position to pay up-front.

The ticket office did say the club were working on an alternative arrangement as many people were being rejected. Great news that has come to fruition.

hibee_girl
15-04-2020, 06:10 PM
I got rejected too for being self employed even though I was paying through V12 last year. A quick email to them and it was all sorted. Good the club have made another option available though.