PDA

View Full Version : NHC Meanwhile in England

theonlywayisup
14-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Not heard much about the plans for restarting football in England, nor awarding titles etc, so had a wee look. From what I've read, it sounds like they are planning for a return to football as early as early June. Which seems at odds with what's being stated in Scotland.

According to "This is Anfield" website, they state "All games can be expected to be played behind closed doors, with there being no intention at this stage to void the season despite the FA’s controversial decision to expunge results in Steps 3 to 7 of the National League system.

According to ESPN, the EFL have pencilled in June 6 as their likely return date, which is still eight weeks away.

In this proposal, clubs would return to training on May 16, allowing a three-week ‘pre-season’ for players to reconvene and work their way towards full fitness before kickoff.

This is in line with previous suggestions for the Premier League, including a recent report that all games would be played over a five-week period starting in June.

It is reasonable to predict that the top flight’s plan will mirror that of the EFL, as all parties will be eager to resume play as early as possible within government safety guidelines.

A June 6 return would mean England has been without Premier League football for 88 days, but would provide time for the remaining fixtures to be played out in a condensed timeframe before beginning the 2020/21 campaign.

How the fixtures would be reorganised remains to be seen, but they are likely to be played in the sequence currently scheduled, albeit over a shorter period.

Liverpool would then likely take on Everton on June 6/7 and then Crystal Palace on June 10/11, which could see Jurgen Klopp‘s side clinch the title by mid-June.

As ESPN stress, however, these plans “depend entirely on government’s advice and the extent of the lockdown measures in the UK,” but “there is optimism that football can return by the beginning of June."

This timeline is sort of similar to that reported in the Daily Mail, which states Premier League stars have been told to expect to return to full training by the end of May. Apparently, top-flight clubs have outlined the next steps towards action returning to their squads. They are advising their players to:

Scale back home training regimes until May 4.
Expect a return to group training by the end of next month.
Cancel any plans to leave the country during what is effectively their ‘off season’.
Be ready to resume football ‘activities’ at 48 hours’ notice.

Eyrie
14-04-2020, 07:11 PM
That reads like they only need three to four weeks for a pre-season, unlike the six weeks being mooted up here.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2020, 07:17 PM
That reads like they only need three to four weeks for a pre-season, unlike the six weeks being mooted up here.

Think most of the top flight English clubs haven’t furloughed their players, unlike us who can’t afford too
Means they can move quicker
Money money money again

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-04-2020, 07:25 PM
UEFA’s top consultant on viruses has stated that closed doors matches will lead to fans meeting in numbers either at houses, outside or in other places which goes against the advice of social distancing.

Not sure how they’ll get the go ahead for closed doors matches when it goes against the very advice provided to UEFA and the government...as things stand.

murray26
14-04-2020, 07:36 PM
UEFA’s top consultant on viruses has stated that closed doors matches will lead to fans meeting in numbers either at houses, outside or in other places which goes against the advice of social distancing.

Not sure how they’ll get the go ahead for closed doors matches when it goes against the very advice provided to UEFA and the government...as things stand.

It will happen.. money talks.

coldingham hibs
14-04-2020, 07:54 PM
What about player contracts, plenty will expire at the beginning of June so how will they get round that?.

Radium
14-04-2020, 07:55 PM
It will happen.. money talks.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200414/c3400e770d03a64ab3d01516bc0b710d.jpg
Sure that Liverpool need 6 points to secure the league. First in 30 years. I would anticipate a level of exuberance from the fans.

How many would travel to the matches irrespective of advice.

How would the communities they visit react.

Would the games get safety certificates from councils.

Police will no doubt have a view but expect there will be many people stepping up to say no before they have to be involved.

Now repeat for the other clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murray26
14-04-2020, 07:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200414/c3400e770d03a64ab3d01516bc0b710d.jpg
Sure that Liverpool need 6 points to secure the league. First in 30 years. I would anticipate a level of exuberance from the fans.

How many would travel to the matches irrespective of advice.

How would the communities they visit react.

Would the games get safety certificates from councils.

Police will no doubt have a view but expect there will be many people stepping up to say no before they have to be involved.

Now repeat for the other clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All your points are perfectly valid but I don’t think it will stop the game’s restarting in June.. as I said money talks .. time will tell.

macca70
14-04-2020, 08:30 PM
I’d be massively surprised if they restart in June, Medical experts predicting this Virus possibly going to be hanging about for months and months, possible even into next year.

What happens when someone within a team tests positive, they won’t be allowed to play and put into isolation, chances are it will also have passed to other team mates, some squads will be decimated, will teams still have to fulfil fixtures with players out?

What about players in high risk category eg Scott Allan. Will these players put themselves at risk?

Also, if football at this level goes ahead then what’s to then stop football at all levels starting up again?

I can’t see any football happening til August very earliest but there is so many unknowns at the moment.

Also, it is highly probable that when lockdown rules are relaxed and folk start to go back to work, we then see an increase of the virus again and put us back into lockdown and everything comes to a stop again.

GreenCastle
14-04-2020, 08:39 PM
Europe league and Champions league qualifiers are meant to start in June..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_UEFA_Europa_League

As others have mentioned France have extended lockdown - some players have gone home France - will they be even able to return back to the U.K. ?

ancient hibee
14-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Total fantasy.

Speedy
14-04-2020, 09:19 PM
What about player contracts, plenty will expire at the beginning of June so how will they get round that?.

Extend them?

hibbyfraelibby
14-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Extend them?

Bosman doesn't allow that even if UEFA approved it. It is against European law and was decided in the highest court so they can go whistle over that idea.

Imagine you got an offer of a better job and your current employer said nah I've just unilaterally extended your contract...you remain my slave.

Joe6-2
14-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Extend them?

What if players don’t want to extend?

Gloucester Hibs
14-04-2020, 09:44 PM
For the EPL to re-start, mass gatherings would need to be permitted. They can say play behind closed doors but try telling the Liverpool fans to stay indoors when they clinch the title? You could say the same about declaring it I suppose, but I think that would temper the exuberance somewhat. Announce it at 3am on a Monday morning or something 😂

14-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Bosman doesn't allow that even if UEFA approved it. It is against European law and was decided in the highest court so they can go whistle over that idea.

Imagine you got an offer of a better job and your current employer said nah I've just unilaterally extended your contract...you remain my slave.

Likely to come down to the contract status of individual players and if they are willing to stay and see out the current season with their clubs. FIFA who control the transfer windows have already opened the door to contracts being extended.

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/fifa-guidelines-to-address-legal-consequences-of-covid-19

I'm no lawyer but as hibbyfraelibby states under European Law you can't force a player to stay but I think FIFA are effectively saying that if leagues, teams and players collectively want to extend contracts beyond existing dates than they would recognise the contracts.

CockneyRebel
14-04-2020, 10:13 PM
All your points are perfectly valid but I don’t think it will stop the game’s restarting in June.. as I said money talks .. time will tell.

EUFA, FA, SFA, EPL etc. can all whistle. The UK government will decide.

The Wireless
14-04-2020, 10:20 PM
Reputed to be approx over £750 million at stake to finish season or Clubs lose out on TV revenue, add to that the dilemma of sorting out the promotion & relegation from EPL & Championship. Most as has been said preparing for a mid- summer behind doors finale.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2020, 10:23 PM

UEFA employ a virus consultant, I wonder if they pay him/her mega bucks compared to an NHS virus expert.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2020, 10:25 PM
When are the football authorities going to realise that the government will decide,not them!

CB_NO3
14-04-2020, 11:05 PM
I am sure EPL games require paramedics and ambulances to be onsite by law. No chance the NHS can release 20 odd ambulances and paramedics over the country for EPL and Championship games.

Macron has just said no sport until mid July in France. Will be the same here. People are clutching at straws.

FilipinoHibs
15-04-2020, 06:46 AM
The government won't allow this to take place. I doubt if we will see any football until 2021.

supermcginn
15-04-2020, 06:55 AM
The government won't allow this to take place. I doubt if we will see any football until 2021.

There's absolutely no chance of that being the case.

James Stephen
15-04-2020, 07:17 AM
I think football in England will begin again without fans - their imperatives are different to Scotland, they arent reliant on season ticket or gate money as much as Scottish clubs are, but are reliant on TV money - apparently around 85% of Bournemouth's income is TV money.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 07:18 AM

I agree and have said so already on here, large scale sporting events in 2020, no chance.

Peevemor
15-04-2020, 07:41 AM
I agree and have said so already on here, large scale sporting events in 2020, no chance.

The UK has been doing pretty much the same as France but about a week later.

Macron announced on Monday night that concerts, festivals, etc. up to the middle of July are to be cancelled. One of the biggest music festivals in France is due to take place in Carhaix (Brittany) from the 16th-19th July, with 70k+ entries per day. The fact that Macron came out with the mid-JHuly thing (for the time being) has left the festival organisers deep in it. What do they do? If they cancel now then they're obliged to pay at least part of the contracts signed with the acts, whereas if the festival is cancelled by the authorities they're not. They're stuck in limbo and they're not alone - there are loads of festivals in France in July and August.

In all likelihood these events will be cancelled by the government, but the fact that they haven't done so yet makes me think that we could yet see large scale events a wee bit further down the line.

Haymaker
15-04-2020, 07:52 AM
I think football in England will begin again without fans - their imperatives are different to Scotland, they arent reliant on season ticket or gate money as much as Scottish clubs are, but are reliant on TV money - apparently around 85% of Bournemouth's income is TV money.

Bournemouth also have a mega billionaire owner.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 08:08 AM
The UK has been doing pretty much the same as France but about a week later.

Macron announced on Monday night that concerts, festivals, etc. up to the middle of July are to be cancelled. One of the biggest music festivals in France is due to take place in Carhaix (Brittany) from the 16th-19th July, with 70k+ entries per day. The fact that Macron came out with the mid-JHuly thing (for the time being) has left the festival organisers deep in it. What do they do? If they cancel now then they're obliged to pay at least part of the contracts signed with the acts, whereas if the festival is cancelled by the authorities they're not. They're stuck in limbo and they're not alone - there are loads of festivals in France in July and August.

In all likelihood these events will be cancelled by the government, but the fact that they haven't done so yet makes me think that we could yet see large scale events a wee bit further down the line.

I just don’t see it, get some control then only a few months later provide platforms for huge peaks to occur, that would be madness.

Hibs4185
15-04-2020, 08:11 AM
People saying money talks...The Chancellor announced yesterday that the UK may lose up to 35% of its worth.

That is incredible amount of money. Football may well be worth £2-3 billion to the country but that’s a drop in the ocean compared to the whole economy.

For every closed door game, you’ll maybe need 100 people in close contact, if 1 has it, then we are back to square one, not to mention fans gathering.

I can’t see any other way than August or September at the earliest for even talking about resuming games.

It is far easier to declare this season over, start to plan for next season and let that commence as soon as the country is ready.

Peevemor
15-04-2020, 08:19 AM
I just don’t see it, get some control then only a few months later provide platforms for huge peaks to occur, that would be madness.

I agree 100%. The organisers of the festival (Vieilles Charrues in Carhaix) want to cancel but if they do it it'll bankrupt them, if the government does it they'll be OK.

And there are plenty others - the Lorient festival at the beginning of August does 800k entries over 10 days with acts & punters from all over the world

So if there's no possibility of big events/gatherings this summer, why don't the French government just say so?

And, up until now, the UK has been doing much the same thing as France.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 08:28 AM
I agree 100%. The organisers of the festival (Vieilles Charrues in Carhaix) want to cancel but if they do it it'll bankrupt them, if the government does it they'll be OK.

And there are plenty others - the Lorient festival at the beginning of August does 800k entries over 10 days with acts & punters from all over the world

So if there's no possibility of big events/gatherings this summer, why don't the French government just say so?

And, up until now, the UK has been doing much the same thing as France.

It’s almost as if they want to drip feed restrictions, the latest update due today in the UK was probably the same timescale agreed at the outset. Issue restrictions in shorter periods to give people some light at the end of the tunnel and then increase them in increments. It doesn’t help the organisers who are at risk of bankruptcy I agree.

Peevemor
15-04-2020, 08:46 AM
It’s almost as if they want to drip feed restrictions, the latest update due today in the UK was probably the same timescale agreed at the outset. Issue restrictions in shorter periods to give people some light at the end of the tunnel and then increase them in increments. It doesn’t help the organisers who are at risk of bankruptcy I agree.

They're about to announce that the Tour de France (originally 27 June - 19 July) will now be held from 29 August - 20 September.

theonlywayisup
25-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Norwich say the suspension of football will cost them between £18m and £35m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52409583

You can see why they are keen to start football ASAP.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Correct to try and set dates and then move then back as government demands

Antifa Hibs
25-04-2020, 09:10 AM
Norwich say the suspension of football will cost them between £18m and £35m.

You can see why they are keen to start football ASAP.

What i don't get is say the EPL restarted Saturday 5th September with or without fans. There is still 8/9 games left so that takes you to mid October. They also need to wait for championship play-offs etc so say nearer November before the Championship and EPL are finalised. What are they then proposing for next season? Start in December? Can't be extended due to Euro's next June.

Eyrie
25-04-2020, 09:58 AM
What i don't get is say the EPL restarted Saturday 5th September with or without fans. There is still 8/9 games left so that takes you to mid October. They also need to wait for championship play-offs etc so say nearer November before the Championship and EPL are finalised. What are they then proposing for next season? Start in December? Can't be extended due to Euro's next June.

Correct.

Whether it's the EPL or our own leagues, those who want to complete this season are in denial about the implications for next year and for those player contracts which expire at the end of May or June.

Keith_M
25-04-2020, 10:17 AM
How about, when football finally starts, they finish the current league and then go straight on to the next?

The could have a single season where the clubs play half the games they normally would, e.g. nineteen for the Scottish Premier.

Although I'd imagine a lot of people would be wanting a refund on the money they've already paid for their season tickets.

OK, bad idea.....

(just to clarify, that is not actually my idea but from a Jambo acquaintance)

theonlywayisup
25-04-2020, 10:38 AM
The UK government plans to set up the first of a series of regular meetings involving senior medical directors of the major sports this week in a bid to return to action as soon as possible.

The move was described by a source close to the plans as a "quickening of the pace" and intended to help sport resume "within weeks", if progress was made.

The specifics of each sport would be examined by health experts to see what protocols would be needed to get each up and running as soon as possible, meaning some would return sooner than others.

And government officials have accepted that at this stage, sport would only be able to take place behind closed doors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52423767

Billy Whizz
26-04-2020, 11:22 AM

It’s only when you see monies like this in black & white, is you realise how obscene the TV money in England is
Norwich turnover is £123m, of which £93m is broadcast monies

The other side of this, people won’t have the money to continue paying Sky’s inflated fees, I’ll certainly be cutting back on my expenditure

matty_f
26-04-2020, 12:16 PM

It’s only when you see monies like this in black & white, is you realise how obscene the TV money in England is
Norwich turnover is £123m, of which £93m is broadcast monies

The other side of this, people won’t have the money to continue paying Sky’s inflated fees, I’ll certainly be cutting back on my expenditure
I was watching Sky News yesterday and they were pushing the need to get football back on, can't think why they'd be pushing that narrative...

theonlywayisup
06-05-2020, 11:52 AM
The 2019-20 Premier League season could be cancelled if clubs do not agree to play in neutral venues, says League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan. Don't tell The Rangers; could be viewed as being bullying tactics. :wink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52558225

Anyway, what a mess?

HH81
06-05-2020, 12:00 PM
If cancelled do the TV companies pay less so in turn the clubs get less?

If so surely they will agree to neutral venues?

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2020, 12:04 PM
What a farce just declare the season finished now FFS.

PatHead
06-05-2020, 12:10 PM
What a farce just declare the season finished now FFS.

I think it should be declared null and void this season. Liverpool surely wouldn't want a tainted title after all this time.

👹

theonlywayisup
10-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Third Brighton player tests positive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52605961

Crystal Palace chairman says Project Restart may fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52606061

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish says that unless Premier League clubs can find a way to stage matches soon, it may be a “very, very extended period” before the top flight returns.

Hibeesmad
11-05-2020, 02:13 PM
The UK government have confirmed games can be played behind closed doors from June 1st

hibbyfraelibby
11-05-2020, 02:18 PM
The UK government have confirmed games can be played behind closed doors from June 1st

By 1st June England will be well on the say to the 2nd wave spike...

silverhibee
11-05-2020, 02:27 PM

And will be shown on tv, watch pubs in England open up to show games, house parties big screens in folks gardens.

Shut the borders now.

danhibees1875
11-05-2020, 02:49 PM

It reads more like they've ruled it out until at least 1st June.

They might end up being the same thing of course.

supermcginn
11-05-2020, 03:08 PM
And will be shown on tv, watch pubs in England open up to show games, house parties big screens in folks gardens.

Shut the borders now.
Pubs are shut in england till July 4th at earliest.

where'stheslope
11-05-2020, 03:11 PM
Pubs are shut in england till July 4th at earliest.
Some pubs are open in Scotland now, so what makes you think England will be any different????

supermcginn
11-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Some pubs are open in Scotland now, so what makes you think England will be any different????

What pubs are open?

ancient hibee
11-05-2020, 04:03 PM

No they haven’t.

CMurdoch
11-05-2020, 04:10 PM
By 1st June England will be well on the say to the 2nd wave spike...

A very good chance.
Johnston getting back to the pre pandemic Johnston rhetoric again.

The 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths in the UK is still 475 which is way higher than any other Western European country. At least a week early in making these changes.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2020, 04:29 PM

Malt n Hops at The Shore is open for takeaway beer. Not heard of anywhere you can sit down inside or outside for a pint. Doesn’t mean it isn’t happening in the sticks mind you.

Hibeesmad
11-05-2020, 05:20 PM
No they haven’t.

Sorry, should have replaced can with could.

Keith_M
11-05-2020, 05:30 PM
I think it should be declared null and void this season. Liverpool surely wouldn't want a tainted title after all this time.

Totally agree.

I'm sure no self-respecting Liverpool fan would mind waiting another thirty years.

CockneyRebel
11-05-2020, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=PatHead;6163379]I think it should be declared null and void this season. Liverpool surely wouldn't want a tainted title after all this time.

Whoa............ScouseHibby alert.

]

ancient hibee
11-05-2020, 07:09 PM
Sorry, should have replaced can with could.

Spot on:greengrin

ian cruise
11-05-2020, 07:44 PM
What pubs are open?

There was one in Greenock caught in a raid with punters hiding in cupboards, etc. I suspect they're not the only one thinking they can get away with serving regulars on the fly. I've always maintained that is why off licences were classed as essential as otherwise there would have been a lot more of these illegal gatherings.

wpj
12-05-2020, 04:20 AM
I watched the local news and Roy Hodgson (who I have a lot of respect for) wouldn't be allowed to manage due to his age as an at risk person, what does he do, manage Palace remotely? I'm pretty sure he would tell the FA to bolt if they imposed sanctions on him.
Oldest manager in England apparantly.

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2020, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=PatHead;6163379]I think it should be declared null and void this season. Liverpool surely wouldn't want a tainted title after all this time.

Whoa............ScouseHibby alert.

]

No worries for me, it will either be played behind closed doors or completed as current results stand, it won’t be voided so Liverpool will be champions. (Untainted due to our massive lead 😁)

Wat Dabney
12-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Although the press want everyone to think that the nation wants football back, the facts don't seem to back that up according to this YOUGOV poll :confused:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyle/survey-results/daily/2020/05/11/7a47b/2

Joe6-2
12-05-2020, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=gloryhunter;6169322]

No worries for me, it will either be played behind closed doors or completed as current results stand, it won’t be voided so Liverpool will be champions. (Untainted due to our massive lead 😁)

Quite right!

Eyrie
12-05-2020, 06:19 PM
I watched the local news and Roy Hodgson (who I have a lot of respect for) wouldn't be allowed to manage due to his age as an at risk person, what does he do, manage Palace remotely? I'm pretty sure he would tell the FA to bolt if they imposed sanctions on him.
Oldest manager in England apparantly.

The government guidelines on shielding aren't legally enforceable (per my GP) but having a high profile figure like Hodgson disregard them would be controversial to say the least.

Sammy7nil
12-05-2020, 06:23 PM
The government guidelines on shielding aren't legally enforceable (per my GP) but having a high profile figure like Hodgson disregard them would be controversial to say the least.

Especially if God forbid he died :confused:

Billy Whizz
16-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Especially if God forbid he died :confused:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52683643

Think League 2 have called their league subject to agreement with the FA
Where as League 1 seem to be in turmoil, as it’s so tight at the top

where'stheslope
16-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Malt n Hops at The Shore is open for takeaway beer. Not heard of anywhere you can sit down inside or outside for a pint. Doesn’t mean it isn’t happening in the sticks mind you.
The pub I was talking about was more or less advertising on facebook!
Only 3 people allowed in pub at any one time, and if you bring your own container, 4 pints for £10!!!

theonlywayisup
25-05-2020, 07:06 AM
Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust.

The English football pyramid will be destroyed - unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Championship club Huddersfield.

Hodgkinson thinks as many as "50 or 60" clubs could go out of business. He is also looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

"If we don't come to an agreement there will be no football pyramid. There are clubs I know of that are only still trading because they are deferring wages and [tax] and other creditors. They will need paying at some point."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

Scorrie
25-05-2020, 07:16 AM

The English football pyramid will be destroyed - unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Championship club Huddersfield.

Hodgkinson thinks as many as "50 or 60" clubs could go out of business. He is also looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

"If we don't come to an agreement there will be no football pyramid. There are clubs I know of that are only still trading because they are deferring wages and [tax] and other creditors. They will need paying at some point."

I thought the tv deal for the English lower leagues was pretty decent so a lot of clubs have probably lived beyond their means. If leagues / clubs do fold then there ramifications for Sky etc as they won’t have as many games to show.

GreenCastle
25-05-2020, 07:30 AM

English leagues have got a cheek to moan after all the TV money pumped into their league.

There seems a divide between the Premier League and the rest though as they are sitting on lots of money.

Like Hearts - lower league teams in England should be using examples like Bury, Portsmouth etc to realise the quick demise if clubs are badly managed.

I don’t really feel sorry for these clubs as Hibs and others have lost players to teams like Salford plus the money should filter down but it seems the richer continue to become richer.

I think some of the article makes sense about the ridiculous wages etc but it’s love over due in football a cutting of the cloth to become more sustainable for many clubs.

lucky
25-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Players wages across the English leagues are inflated by the TV money. If they have to hand back cash then they’ve got real problems. The Huddersfield chairman is right players are going to have no choice but to take a hit or clubs will go burst. This isn’t a chairman trying it on, as Budgie did, he’s talking about 50-60 going out of business . Taxpayers cash won’t used to bail out football clubs. FFS a Leicester city player just spent £50k on two guard dogs!!! As we head into economic meltdown there has to be a bit of reality

Ringothedog
25-05-2020, 07:59 AM
I thought the tv deal for the English lower leagues was pretty decent so a lot of clubs have probably lived beyond their means. If leagues / clubs do fold then there ramifications for Sky etc as they won’t have as many games to show.

League one teams get about 1.3m
League 2 teams about 900k

Decent but not huge amounts