PDA

View Full Version : Potential refund

Pages : [1] 2

steelendhibs
14-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Hi folks. Sorry if covered already. Has the club made its position clear regarding refunds for home match tickets that have been bought. I only get to a couple of games a season with my mate, and could do with the money now being self employed rather than waiting until a decision on whether the season is finished or not. I bought tickets for the St Johnstone game at home if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

TamHibs
14-04-2020, 03:58 PM
They won’t be refunding anything until an official decision is made with regards to ending the league or playing behind closed doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelendhibs
14-04-2020, 03:59 PM
They won’t be refunding anything until an official decision is made with regards to ending the league or playing behind closed doors.

Cheers, thank you.

Clarence
14-04-2020, 04:13 PM
How do people feel about refunds? Would folk be happy to write money off that they have already spent on tickets for the remaining fixtures, either through single games or season tickets?

weecounty hibby
14-04-2020, 04:14 PM
How do people feel about refunds? Would folk be happy to write money off that they have already spent on tickets for the remaining fixtures, either through single games or season tickets?

I have no interest in being refunded on my ST for the remaining games

StevieC
14-04-2020, 04:16 PM
I’ve got a season ticket, but wouldn’t be too fussed about any refund.
It’s a special situation that none of us could have accounted for.

That said, I expect the club will sort something out for season ticket holders. Possibly free entry to cup games??

TamHibs
14-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Not interested in a refund on my ST, however I will expect a refund on the AST payment taken for Hamilton tbh.

I can also understand the OP’s view as any extra cash for those who are self employed will go towards helping them get by in these difficult times.

NGP
14-04-2020, 04:19 PM
If the season is null & voided by SPFL, I will be requesting a refund for my ST from them.
If the season ends as is or concluded, I will not look for a refund.
I won't ask for any refund from Hibs.

hibee
14-04-2020, 04:19 PM

I’d imagine if the games are not played supporters would be legally entitled to a refund.

Not sure how it would work for season tickets, I’d be happy to have a credit towards next season if that’s an option.

Ozyhibby
14-04-2020, 04:23 PM
I won’t be asking for any refunds. Club needs the money.

green with envy
14-04-2020, 04:24 PM
I also won't be looking for any refund for this season on my ST.

Carheenlea
14-04-2020, 04:35 PM
I think clubs will have to offer refunds for the remaining games, but many fans will accept the personal loss with a sense of appreciation for the unprecedented timeline of events and as a token of support to their clubs. There will be some though who juggle personal finances and make sacrifices in order to buy theirs and could really do with the refund at this time, so provision really needs to be made to provide refunds for those who desire one.

staunchhibby
14-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Not interested in asking for a refund

04Sauzee
14-04-2020, 04:40 PM

Probably up to the individual, im sure there will be a few folk who may have lost their job or lost their business, i wouldn't have any problem with people who's circumstances have changed getting a refund if it's available to them

PISTOL1875
14-04-2020, 04:44 PM
If this season is not finished then I will be requesting a refund from the club 100%...........

BILLYHIBS
14-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Not that bothered about a refund tbh the club are welcome to it but if we are still bumbling along like this in May I would like to see the early bird deadline put back until we have more transparency

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2020, 04:47 PM

It depends on people’s individual circumstances, some people will be experiencing financial hardship just now and every penny will count. I have absolutely no problem with anyone pursuing a refund if that option becomes available.

mcfly
14-04-2020, 05:17 PM
I don’t want a refund from hibs for my season ticket as the club need the money and I’ve already paid the ticket.

What is disappointing is that no acknowledgement at all from SPFL or hibs or any club has been made about season ticket holders who pay in advance for 19
Games and aren’t getting them.

Perhaps a discount on next season ticket holders would encourage more to sign up??

However if the SPFL call it null and void then I’d want a refund from SPFL.

I’m also against reconstruction just to save hearts - i may be wrong but won’t this mean more meaningless games and a diluted product ?

Football is expensive and sadly I see crowds dropping in the future.

Really hope I’m wrong

Spike Mandela
14-04-2020, 05:20 PM
Once this is all settled make the facility to claim a refund available and if people so wish to claim or their circumstances dictate it then so be it. Other who can afford the hit don’t have to.

joebakerforever
14-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Interesting read in the EEN as to how Hearts are treating their existing season ticket holders compared to HIbs:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-entice-fans-hibs-semi-final-guarantee-they-launch-discounted-202021-season-tickets-2538299

As I read it, apart from reducing their season ticket prices for 2020/21, this particular statement caught my eye:-

· Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices. This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.'

Apart from Hibs making swingeing increases in ST prices overall for Ron Gordon's first full season in charge, the Club have been silent on any offer for loss of home games for 2019/20, which I think would be a minimum of 4 in our case.

WestStandMoaner
14-04-2020, 05:23 PM
If this season is not finished then I will be requesting a refund from the club 100%...........

I have been dissoointed with hibs on this matter they have been brilliant all the way through this difficult time but putting out the early bird with no mention of season ticket holders getting any kind of benefit whether that was a reduction or a voucher or some other goodwill gesture was a surprise.

It may well be when we know how the season is going to end this may change but there are many hibs fans who may need some financial assistance during this health emergency and a refund may help them no matter how small that may be.

The club will need to address this at somepoint they cannot just say nothing, putting a deadline on early bird tickets in early May is also not good enough this must be extended to at least the end of May by then we will have a better idea of when the season will start.

I am in the fortunate position where I don't need a refund but if Hibs avoid this subject and assume all fans are happy not to receive one then I will ask for a refund and give the money to the NHS

St Mirren early on informed their fans they would give their season ticket holders free admission to a cup game and a friendly. Not sure what response they got from their fans about this but at least they dealt with the subject.

mcfly
14-04-2020, 05:32 PM
I have been dissoointed with hibs on this matter they have been brilliant all the way through this difficult time but putting out the early bird with no mention of season ticket holders getting any kind of benefit whether that was a reduction or a voucher or some other goodwill gesture was a surprise.

It may well be when we know how the season is going to end this may change but there are many hibs fans who may need some financial assistance during this health emergency and a refund may help them no matter how small that may be.

The club will need to address this at somepoint they cannot just say nothing, putting a deadline on early bird tickets in early May is also not good enough this must be extended to at least the end of May by then we will have a better idea of when the season will start.

I am in the fortunate position where I don't need a refund but if Hibs avoid this subject and assume all fans are happy not to receive one then I will ask for a refund and give the money to the NHS

St Mirren early on informed their fans they would give their season ticket holders free admission to a cup game and a friendly. Not sure what response they got from their fans about this but at least they dealt with the subject.

Agree there will be fans who could do with a refund of 3 home games at this difficult time.

Hibs haven’t acknowledged this at all.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2020, 05:36 PM
Agree there will be fans who could do with a refund of 3 home games at this difficult time.

They can’t do anything until the league has been called
Away season ticket holders also paid up front for Hamilton away, again they can do anything with my money until the fixture is called off

B.H.F.C
14-04-2020, 05:38 PM

Where are Hibs finding the money to refund when they’re asking people to defer wages etc?

IMO, the club have acted properly throughout all this. Once there is some certainty on what is happening, I think they’ll do something. I don’t think it’ll be by way of refund, that season ticket income will be long gone. Maybe something related to cup tickets next season or something.

matty_f
14-04-2020, 05:38 PM
If the season is null & voided by SPFL, I will be requesting a refund for my ST from them.
If the season ends as is or concluded, I will not look for a refund.
I won't ask for any refund from Hibs.

Did you not watch those games?

hibbysam
14-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Interesting read in the EEN as to how Hearts are treating their existing season ticket holders compared to HIbs:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-entice-fans-hibs-semi-final-guarantee-they-launch-discounted-202021-season-tickets-2538299

As I read it, apart from reducing their season ticket prices for 2020/21, this particular statement caught my eye:-

· Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices. This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.'

Apart from Hibs making swingeing increases in ST prices overall for Ron Gordon's first full season in charge, the Club have been silent on any offer for loss of home games for 2019/20, which I think would be a minimum of 4 in our case.

Our most expensive season ticket was £400, hearts’ was £500, they’ve had the pricing in place for years and then built the new stand and ramped the prices up even more. There is so much uncertainty around their club, and the league they’ll be in, that this is the only way to get the fans to purchase season tickets.

You’ve paid for this seasons ticket, the season ticket on offer is for next season, if this season is cut short then the clubs will look at that as a totally separate matter, no reason at all for hibs to try and incorporate it into next seasons cost. We also haven’t ‘ramped’ the prices up, some prices have dropped, others have stayed the same, others have gone up, which is far better than a standard price regardless of where you sit and what view you have.

RossScott1991
14-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Not bothered about a refund, season ticket was bought ages ago and the club need the money

jodjam
14-04-2020, 05:47 PM

Not often we agree mate but well said ;)

BILLYHIBS
14-04-2020, 05:51 PM

:top marks

NGP
14-04-2020, 06:05 PM

If the season is null and void, it's been a complete waste if time. I won't be asking Hibs, I will be asking the SPFL.

green day
14-04-2020, 06:16 PM

This bit is not correct in all cases and as you have mentioned the costs of Hearts tickets its worth comparing.

My ST in the West Upper (should I have the cash to renew) will be the same as last season and a good £100 less than the equivalent at Tynecastle.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2020, 06:20 PM
Definitely not. Seriously petty to ask for a refund unless you really need it.

mim
14-04-2020, 06:31 PM
This bit is not correct in all cases and as you have mentioned the costs of Hearts tickets its worth comparing.

My ST in the West Upper (should I have the cash to renew) will be the same as last season and a good £100 less than the equivalent at Tynecastle.

Mine will be more than 30% dearer than last season in the West Lower.

Onceinawhile
14-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Does a season ticket guarantee you 18/19 games? Or entry into all home games in a season?

If it is the later and the season comes to an end, is there really scope for a refund?

Henderson2Del
14-04-2020, 06:48 PM
I don’t think a ST specifically mentions a number. It will be all home league games. That part they will argue will have been fulfilled, regardless of what happens I will not be asking for a refund.

Keith_M
14-04-2020, 06:53 PM

If they're playing in the Championship next season, they'll only have eighteen home league games, none of which could be considered Category A.

I think it's only fair they get a reduction and I don't really see that as compensation for missing four home games of this season

As for Hibs, it's hard to make any offers for missing games at the moment given the current financial uncertainties.

poulton hibs
14-04-2020, 07:00 PM
Not looking for a refund for this season and have bought a season ticket for 20/21 with no expectation that we will see 19 games. Supporting the club as much as I can but fully understand others may not be able to during this terrible pandemic.

1 8 7 5
14-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Loads of replies from folks not interested in getting money back from Hibernian. Dont think that was what the OP has asked.

If the sesason is capped early then every club needs to offer the money back for games not fulfilled. Either cash transfer or credit for next years season or shop credit.

... oh, and for those stating the club need the money.... can I suggest the club need the money less than, say the self employed OP. I came to this conclusion because one is a multi million pound business with a multi millionnaire owner, and the other is a self employed individual.

Posted as someone who will not accept any offer of a refund / credit note from Hibernian should they offer one.

green day
14-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Loads of replies from folks not interested in getting money back from Hibernian. Dont think that was what the OP has asked.

If the sesason is capped early then every club needs to offer the money back for games not fulfilled. Either cash transfer or credit for next years season or shop credit.

... oh, and for those stating the club need the money.... can I suggest the club need the money less than, say the self employed OP. I came to this conclusion because one is a multi million pound business with a multi millionnaire owner, and the other is a self employed individual.

Posted as someone who will not accept any offer of a refund / credit note from Hibernian should they offer one.

Although you are also not speaking for me - self employed and with zero income. I am not looking for the cash back for this season, or any discounts that might hurt the club.

I would like Hibs to extend the early bird offer though, as things might be financially a bit clearer toward that time.

murray26
14-04-2020, 07:46 PM
The club could be in serious trouble and people are discussing refunds.. there might not be a club to support if things don’t get sorted soon.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2020, 07:49 PM
The club could be in serious trouble and people are discussing refunds.. there might not be a club to support if things don’t get sorted soon.

And some people may lose their homes, priorities eh!
It was a question and most folk have said they wouldn’t take a refund anyway.

Power
14-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Lots of fair and good comments on this thread - Hibs have have the ability to return value to Season Ticket holders in a number of different ways should the curtailment of 2019/20 happen, no concerns there - sure this is an approaching focus point, internal discussion and decision but only when they know what direction the current and next league campaign is taking.

As pointed out above, refunds for Hamilton away and St.Johnstone, Celtic at home will be open once postponement turns to cancellation - club will be on top of that.

MrRobot
14-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Not interested in a refund.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2020, 08:37 PM
I have other priorities. I'll be taking a refund if theres an option for one.

macca70
14-04-2020, 08:50 PM
I don’t think a ST specifically mentions a number. It will be all home league games. That part they will argue will have been fulfilled, regardless of what happens I will not be asking for a refund.

This is tricky, the club still need to acknowledge that some folk will be around £100 out of pocket compared to paying as you go.

I’ve not committed to renewing yet, we don’t even know what we are buying into for next season. There’s a very high chance that next season is impacted too, whose to say they don’t reduce the number of games next season because there’s another 2-3 month lockdown later this year or start of next year impacting next season.

vincipernoi
14-04-2020, 08:55 PM
I treat my season ticket as a donation to the club so no interest in a refund. I realise that everyone has different circumstances

mjh
14-04-2020, 09:03 PM
Not looking for refund but understand why some might

Ringothedog
14-04-2020, 09:05 PM
And this is why the season should only be postponed, it would appear that other leagues will be completed sometime in the summer probably behind closed doors. Why can’t we do something similar? We are rushing down a road that leads to bitter divisions between clubs and supporters

Onion
14-04-2020, 09:06 PM
There’s a huge difference between the club being silent on the lost matches and hoping no one mentions it, and recognising the shortfall and either offering a refund/value or asking for it to be written off. As part of the community, you would sincerely hope Hibs will do the right thing. I’ve no interest in a refund but would hate to think Hibs think I’m a sucker. Not everyone is able to write that off.

Speedy
14-04-2020, 09:14 PM

Nothing wrong with asking for or taking a refund. If you are in a position to treat it as a donation then great. Not everyone is able to.

Onion
14-04-2020, 09:15 PM
And this is why the season should only be postponed, it would appear that other leagues will be completed sometime in the summer probably behind closed doors. Why can’t we do something similar? We are rushing down a road that leads to bitter divisions between clubs and supporters

Something to do with no testing, no vaccine. high mortality rate and unprecedented health risk to the general population. In time. even the most deluded will become enlightened, UEFA and Huns included 👍

jacomo
14-04-2020, 09:21 PM

Customers who have bought tickets for cancelled events are being offered refunds. Some venues run by charities or non profits are asking those customers to treat the money as a donation.

Events which have been postponed are not offering refunds. Technically, the Premier league falls into this category.

Frazerbob
14-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Disappointed to read some of the comments on here slating those who would be looking for a refund. As things stand, I will not but if I were to lose my job over the next couple of months, which is a possibility, the £100 or so would come in very handy. I’m also fighting for refunds for flights, gigs and boxing events that are all cancelled. All of which could keep me going for a month. Do the privileged folk, for whom money is no object, not see what’s happening out there?

tamig
14-04-2020, 10:26 PM

The majority of replies have come from ST holders not seeking a refund for games yet to be played. The OPs request was in relation to individually purchased match tickets. I think the situations are a bit different, albeit you are still not receiving what you’ve paid for.

tamig
14-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Disappointed to read some of the comments on here slating those who would be looking for a refund. As things stand, I will not but if I were to lose my job over the next couple of months, which is a possibility, the £100 or so would come in very handy. I’m also fighting for refunds for flights, gigs and boxing events that are all cancelled. All of which could keep me going for a month. Do the privileged folk, for whom money is no object, not see what’s happening out there?
Think you’re a bit out of order. I’ve only seen people saying if they’d be looking for a refund or if they’d be happy to forego it. What I haven’t seen is anybody being slated for seeking a refund. A lot of folk have actually acknowledged the fact that our circumstances are all different.

14-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Wanting a refund is embarrassing

H18 SFR
14-04-2020, 10:49 PM

Privileged? I’d love to be in your position with flights, gigs and boxing etc. Just being honest.

jacomo
14-04-2020, 10:54 PM

Shh. Some folk are really having it tough at the moment. Who are you to judge?

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2020, 10:59 PM
I won’t be seeking a refund as I’m ok financially at the moment. As at least one poster said, it’s looking less and less likely as every week passes that next season will start on time with 20,000 packed together in ER. I’m hoping for the best but it’s all ‘maybes’ and ‘ifs’ at present. All clubs would be stuffed.

southern hibby
14-04-2020, 11:07 PM
Don’t want a refund ( even though being self employed I honestly could do with the money ).
However if offered anything I’d take 1 share as this would allow me access to the AGM’s.

GGTTH

joebakerforever
14-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Our most expensive season ticket was £400, hearts’ was £500, they’ve had the pricing in place for years and then built the new stand and ramped the prices up even more. There is so much uncertainty around their club, and the league they’ll be in, that this is the only way to get the fans to purchase season tickets.

You’ve paid for this seasons ticket, the season ticket on offer is for next season, if this season is cut short then the clubs will look at that as a totally separate matter, no reason at all for hibs to try and incorporate it into next seasons cost. We also haven’t ‘ramped’ the prices up, some prices have dropped, others have stayed the same, others have gone up, which is far better than a standard price regardless of where you sit and what view you have.

Think if you study the various areas in the Stadium Plan for bronze, silver & gold categories, it appears far more seats will be in gold than in bronze & silver combined.

As gold areas are where considerably more fans are presently seated, why are Hibs not being more transparent in publishing what the overall increase in ST income they would obtain if all ST holders were to renew their current seats?

In my own case my early bird ST for 2019/20 cost £195, but for 2020/21 will cost £255 which is a swingeing 30.7% increase for the many of us long term ST holders on restricted incomes.

PISTOL1875
14-04-2020, 11:20 PM

That is a terrible thing to say................

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2020, 11:30 PM
If you are badly affected by current circumstances and really need the money then I can sympathise with your situation, get cash from anywhere you can and if that means looking for a refund then who can blame you.

But if that isn't the case and all you want is a refund for the games you didn't get to see because you paid for a product and it wasn't delivered then you aint much of a 'supporter' just a customer... in fact, how much money will you have saved if the games aren't played? ... I reckon it will save me around the same money as I will have lost, with a bog standard home game costing me anywhere between 20 and 40 quid to attend even with a season ticket. Who am I kidding, it's often a lot more than that and I can never quite figure out why :greengrin

We had a minimum of 4 home games left, so lets say £30 each, that's £120 ... £150 if it was 5 ... so there's a balance right there for me. Then of course, if you are a ST holder chances are you would have gone to the SC semi final, which for me would have been an outlay on the day of at least £75 probably quite a bit more. For some fans the outlay will be less, for some considerably more.

Put all that into the equation and a lot of folk have actually saved more than they have lost, so what the hell are they wining about ???

Needless to say I wont be looking for a refund from anybody, be that the club I want to see get through this or a skint football league. ST for 20/21 already in the bag :thumbsup:

Forza Fred
14-04-2020, 11:57 PM
I think that most, unless suffering or about to suffer financial hardship, would be comfortable in not seeking a refund.

Not just season tickets that may have been affected by all this.....what are the views of our team of sponsors?

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2020, 12:07 AM

I wouldn’t be willing to pay full price for meaningless matches - I rarely go to pre season games never mind buy a season ticket for a season of them.

Frankhfc
15-04-2020, 12:54 AM
Surely Hibs would be legally entitled to ask the question - were other alternatives available?

Completing the season as is remains the sensible solution. No other is as logical.

Surely Hibs wouldn't take the hit?

Frazerbob
15-04-2020, 01:12 AM
Think you’re a bit out of order. I’ve only seen people saying if they’d be looking for a refund or if they’d be happy to forego it. What I haven’t seen is anybody being slated for seeking a refund. A lot of folk have actually acknowledged the fact that our circumstances are all different.

Think you need to read the thread again. Apparently wanting a refund is ‘embarrassing’ and comments about contributing to potentially having no club to support. Those are the posts I’m critical of. If that’s not you then my comment clearly wasn’t aimed at you, or the folk you say acknowledge the different circumstances.

Just_Jimmy
15-04-2020, 01:16 AM
Wanting a refund is embarrassingYour comment is embarrassing.

Some fellow Hibs fans have paid up front for games that won't be played. No ifs and buts, the season is finished either way. They might not have jobs or won't be paid for months. Hibs will survive and family always comes first.

I hope you're in the position you don't need the money. I'm sure every Hibs fan would love to be that lucky.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DJ HIBBY
15-04-2020, 05:56 AM
Just a thought but for games missed this season, a credit could be offered towards next season ticket, a nice gesture and sure to increase sales for next season.

There in my opinion has to be the offer of a refund for games missed and this would certainly help those who desperately require it.

The last option would be to forego any refund should you wish to do so.

I do believe the first option would be most popular and stimulate season ticket sales for next season when we could potentially see large drop, partly down to our poor performance on the pitch this season and also the general economic climate. We all want Easter Road to be as full as possible each week. It would also help match day revenue as well.

SideBurns
15-04-2020, 06:25 AM
If you are badly affected by current circumstances and really need the money then I can sympathise with your situation, get cash from anywhere you can and if that means looking for a refund then who can blame you.

But if that isn't the case and all you want is a refund for the games you didn't get to see because you paid for a product and it wasn't delivered then you aint much of a 'supporter' just a customer... in fact, how much money will you have saved if the games aren't played? ... I reckon it will save me around the same money as I will have lost, with a bog standard home game costing me anywhere between 20 and 40 quid to attend even with a season ticket. Who am I kidding, it's often a lot more than that and I can never quite figure out why :greengrin

We had a minimum of 4 home games left, so lets say £30 each, that's £120 ... £150 if it was 5 ... so there's a balance right there for me. Then of course, if you are a ST holder chances are you would have gone to the SC semi final, which for me would have been an outlay on the day of at least £75 probably quite a bit more. For some fans the outlay will be less, for some considerably more.

Put all that into the equation and a lot of folk have actually saved more than they have lost, so what the hell are they wining about ???

Needless to say I wont be looking for a refund from anybody, be that the club I want to see get through this or a skint football league. ST for 20/21 already in the bag :thumbsup:

I've definitely saved money due to the games being off. The fitba is a day out for me, pre and post match jars are a fortnightly occurrence. I was also about to finance my laddie heading through to Hamilton with his mates (and was swithering about going masel').

Not that I'm happy about all this of course - I'm absolutely gutted and missing the Hibs and the pints!! It hasn't crossed my mind to seek a refund. But I wouldn't knock anyone who felt differently due to financial circumstances - like you, I'd have sympathy for someone in that position.

jacomo
15-04-2020, 06:41 AM

I think the point is a good one: people did not buy STs to watch a bunch of meaningless friendlies.

The season cannot be declared null and void.

Kojock
15-04-2020, 06:53 AM

My son is a self employed taxi driver and is in one of the at risk categories for Covid19. He hasn’t been able to work for weeks and has zero income. His wife had just returned part time after the birth of their baby. To say money is tight is an understatement and every penny is a prisoner.
If you think anyone in similar circumstances looking for a refund is an embarrassment then it’s says more about you than the unfortunate folk desperately trying to make ends meet.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 07:20 AM

Don’t be ridiculous, your comment is an embarrassment to people who’s financial plight is worsening every day.

Future17
15-04-2020, 07:44 AM

A truly odious post, particularly given your multiple previous posts on other threads stating you would want a refund from Hibs.

In our society there is unfortunately always a stigma around having "less" than others, particularly where money is concerned. People currently find themselves in that situation through no fault of their own and, ironically in some cases, due to a desire to protect others.

Given the history of the Club which unites us, we should each be doing all we can to stand up for for those who find themselves in such situations, rather than adding to their misery.

Brightside
15-04-2020, 07:47 AM
I think we might end up getting some sort of store credit for £50 or so.

Since452
15-04-2020, 07:49 AM
Sometimes best to say nothing at all if you don't agree with something

easty
15-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Probably up to the individual, im sure there will be a few folk who may have lost their job or lost their business, i wouldn't have any problem with people who's circumstances have changed getting a refund if it's available to them

:agree:

Some of the posts on here are *****. There are people who may really struggle in the near future, or right now, and to try to make them feel bad for prioritising rent or food or whatever else they need day to day, over football is poor form.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Just a thought but for games missed this season, a credit could be offered towards next season ticket, a nice gesture and sure to increase sales for next season.

There in my opinion has to be the offer of a refund for games missed and this would certainly help those who desperately require it.

The last option would be to forego any refund should you wish to do so.

I do believe the first option would be most popular and stimulate season ticket sales for next season when we could potentially see large drop, partly down to our poor performance on the pitch this season and also the general economic climate. We all want Easter Road to be as full as possible each week. It would also help match day revenue as well.This is a good idea, I'm not a season ticket holder but get tickets when I'm able to get up.

I bought tickets for the st Johnstone game just beforehand when it was confirmed as on.

If the club was to go this way then giving a transferable credit for seasons against tickets bought for games like this one might be an idea too.

I don't want to take a refund but a transferable credit could be given to someone wanting a season ticket but wavering, or given to organisations like Leithlinks?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

James Stephen
15-04-2020, 08:20 AM
A truly odious post, particularly given your multiple previous posts on other threads stating you would want a refund from Hibs.

In our society there is unfortunately always a stigma around having "less" than others, particularly where money is concerned. People currently find themselves in that situation through no fault of their own and, ironically in some cases, due to a desire to protect others.

Given the history of the Club which unites us, we should each be doing all we can to stand up for for those who find themselves in such situations, rather than adding to their misery.

Amen to that

Sir David Gray
15-04-2020, 08:26 AM

What a ridiculous thing to say.

People are suffering real hardship at the moment and you're coming out with that.

Wanting a refund for something you haven't received is standard. Is it any different to claiming a refund from Jet2 for a cancelled holiday?

If, as is almost certain to be the case, this season does not get completed then all clubs will be in the same boat with regards to refunds to season ticket holders. Hibs probably had 4 home games left which for an adult season ticket holder would amount to roughly £80. That could be really useful at the moment.

If you're in the fortunate position that you can afford not to pursue claiming that back or indeed you're just happy not to do so then that's great and I'm sure Hibs will be grateful for that.

But to then call a fellow supporter an embarrassment for claiming a refund that they would be fully entitled is really not on. I get that this situation isn't Hibs' fault but it's not the fans' fault either.

hibbyfraelibby
15-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Think if you study the various areas in the Stadium Plan for bronze, silver & gold categories, it appears far more seats will be in gold than in bronze & silver combined.

As gold areas are where considerably more fans are presently seated, why are Hibs not being more transparent in publishing what the overall increase in ST income they would obtain if all ST holders were to renew their current seats?

In my own case my early bird ST for 2019/20 cost £195, but for 2020/21 will cost £255 which is a swingeing 30.7% increase for the many of us long term ST holders on restricted incomes.

How much more transparency do you think there is? The club published a pricing plan, a stadium plan showing you what your seat will cost you and presuming you have the ability to read, the fact you are posting suggests you do, then as far as I can see the Hibernian season ticket offer is a clear as glass.

Just because your seat has been classified in one of the premium area and you dont like it does not equate to avlack of transparancy. If you dont like Waitrose priced seats you have the option to switch to Morrisons priced seat and if you are really concerned you could always pick an Aldi priced seat. You'll still see the game but at a price and quality you want to accept.

ben johnson
15-04-2020, 08:51 AM
No refund for me. Considering what I would have spent in the Hibs Club on match day I have saved a fortune and have ended up miles in front.

JimBHibees
15-04-2020, 08:52 AM
I have no interest in being refunded on my ST for the remaining games

Personally don't want one and would be happy for club to keep.

15-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Maybe I should have said “expecting a refund is embarrassing”. Anyway asking hibs to shell out a million in refunds is ridiculous.

ekhibee
15-04-2020, 09:17 AM
At the end of the day, it's nobody's business on here what a person's reasons are for inquiring about a refund. People should never feel they have to justify themselves for something like that. People who apply for and annually renew a season ticket are not doing it for personal gain, and there could be any number of reasons or explanations why a refund might be required.

On saying that, even though I spend a lot of money travelling to games at ER and my job is far from secure, I will probably just write off the rest of this season's games if it comes to that, but I totally respect any person's right to request a refund and it's none of my business why they would either.

tamig
15-04-2020, 09:23 AM
Think you need to read the thread again. Apparently wanting a refund is ‘embarrassing’ and comments about contributing to potentially having no club to support. Those are the posts I’m critical of. If that’s not you then my comment clearly wasn’t aimed at you, or the folk you say acknowledge the different circumstances.

The embarrassing comment sticks out although that was made after my reply to you. I still don’t agree that people justifying their reasons for not seeking a refund constitutes having a go at those who will be.

danhibees1875
15-04-2020, 09:27 AM
Maybe I should have said “expecting a refund is embarrassing”. Anyway asking hibs to shell out a million in refunds is ridiculous.

It's hardly embarrassing for people to want compensated when they didn't receive something they paid for.

Hibs, football clubs generally, are in a unique sphere where their customers are extremely loyal. But that needs to be handled as well as any other business has to handle their customers. As someone else said, I'm relaxed about Hibs keeping my ST money, but I don't particularly want them to take it as a given. I also don't think others should adopt my view if it doesn't align with their circumstances.

This whole situation is new for everyone and businesses as well as individuals are still making decisions on how to handle things. I'm not expecting Hibs to rush out with information, but I'd be disappointed if it wasn't addressed by them at some point down the line.

Future17
15-04-2020, 09:58 AM

That's not much different and you've essentially just doubled down on your previous post. If somebody is short of money - whatever their circumstances - why is expecting a refund for something you've paid for but not received embarrassing?

Would it have been embarrassing for you when you were expecting a refund in relation to your posts on other threads?

Brightside
15-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Mine will be more than 30% dearer than last season in the West Lower.

Where about it this? I’m west lower and not seeing much of an increase.

JimBHibees
15-04-2020, 10:02 AM

Think it is a seniors price.

Keith_M
15-04-2020, 10:12 AM

How would playing the games behind closed doors stop people asking for a refund for not being able to attend a game?

:confused:

danhibees1875
15-04-2020, 10:53 AM
How would playing the games behind closed doors stop people asking for a refund for not being able to attend a game?

:confused:

If anything that would make a refund more likely to fall within the T&C's as there's been a league game scheduled and played at Easter Road.

However, showing it live on Hibs.TV would probably satisfy the majority of people looking for a refund I would guess.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 11:56 AM

You had a chance to get out there but instead you kept digging.

Frazerbob
15-04-2020, 11:59 AM
The embarrassing comment sticks out although that was made after my reply to you. I still don’t agree that people justifying their reasons for not seeking a refund constitutes having a go at those who will be.

Where did I criticise people for ‘justifying their reasons for not seeking a refund’? I clearly stated that I wasn’t seeking one unless my circumstances change. There are plenty examples of faux rage being shown at those who will seek a refund. That is pretty poor IMO.

Andy74
15-04-2020, 02:22 PM
That money is already gone so for budget and cash flow it would be an extra for people now.

I’d imagine any requests would be low. Even for those that have seen their incomes impacted it has been spent and whilst it could be reclaimed if that was an option I’d think honestly that £100 back from Hibs would be a drop in the ocean in addressing that.

Peevemor
15-04-2020, 02:29 PM
That money is already gone so for budget and cash flow it would be an extra for people now.

If you've lost your ability to earn and you're not sure how you're going to put food on the table let alone pay other bills, you won't view a refund for unplayed football matches as an extra.

I’d imagine any requests would be low. Even for those that have seen their incomes impacted it has been spent and whilst it could be reclaimed if that was an option I’d think honestly that £100 back from Hibs would be a drop in the ocean in addressing that.

Possibly, but when you're skint, £100 can make a big difference.

Keith_M
15-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Totally agree, especially with the bit in bold.

FWIW, I think there's a difference in asking for a refund on a single ticket (either home or AST) and the remainder of the Season Ticket. I think the former would be reasonably straightforward but Season Tickets not so much.

The only posts I'm disappointed about are the ones that are using the delay as an excuse to attack the club for existing grievances. I fully expect Hibs to give a bit of clarity on any kind of returns only when the league is officially declared finished, and I feel their hands are tied at the moment.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 02:54 PM

£100 when you’re skint is not a drop in the ocean.

marinello59
15-04-2020, 03:00 PM

I would like to think the club will make some sort of offer. Uptake may well be low but that’s down to individuals to decide.

Valencia
15-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Happy to move on. Club needs the money

Tambo
15-04-2020, 03:37 PM
I had a ticket for the st johnstone game, also accommodation and train fairs.

I only got my train money back and I will not be asking for a refund on my match ticket.

15-04-2020, 08:35 PM
If Hibs vote in favour of reconstruction I can see people asking for a partial refund. We paid good money to watch the season unfold, up to the point where Hearts were on the brink of relegation. Our season was disappointing but them at the bottom made it a little bit better. Can't imagine many want a 1 or 2 season only reconstruction just to save them.

hibbysam
16-04-2020, 02:08 AM

Which is fair enough, however to balance your argument, you’ve been sitting in a prime seat for years while paying the same as someone sitting in some of the worst seats in our stadium. The club are rectifying that now as it’s wrong and like any entertainment venue you go to, the price you pay should reflect the seats you get. I wouldn’t expect to pay the same for ringside at the boxing as I would up in the furthest seats from the ring.

The club still haven’t ‘ramped up’ the prices. All they have done is made the pricing fairer across the board dependant on your seat, I’m adversely affected by the change but understand I’ve got away with a cracking deal for long enough.

Onion
16-04-2020, 06:29 AM
I would like to think the club will make some sort of offer. Uptake may well be low but that’s down to individuals to decide.

Agreed, should happen the minute the Prem season is ended. Important Hibs recognise the extra support ST holders are being asked to make here.

Maybe walk ups would like to donate £80 to Hibs just to even things out :greengrin

steelendhibs
16-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Wasn’t expecting this to turn into a 4 pager!!! My instinct would be to not claim a refund, but with two year old triplets I can’t justify losing money on an event I haven’t been to!! Said triplets being the reason I had to relinquish my season ticket!!

Peevemor
16-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Wasn’t expecting this to turn into a 4 pager!!! My instinct would be to not claim a refund, but with two year old triplets I can’t justify losing money on an event I haven’t been to!! Said triplets being the reason I had to relinquish my season ticket!!

No need to explain yourself. :aok:

Pretty Boy
16-04-2020, 02:02 PM
I've been interested to see how different companies have handled this.

I was entered in 3 races in March and April. One has been postponed until September (no chance of that imo but that's another argument) and the entry still stands. The other 2 were cancelled. One offered a refund less what they had already spent in costs so I would have got approx £75 out of a £90 entry fee back. There was an option to donate the money to a foodbank local to the race for those who wished to. The other race state they had already spent significant sums and no refunds would be offered automatically. They did say you could request a refund if desired but warned that if people did then it would jeopardise the ability to stage any events in the future. No deferral to the following year was offered. I understand the difficulties faced by people who put on small running events but that seemed an unnecessary guilt trip to me, especially as they are a bigger player as opposed to a local club.

I don't think anyone is in a position to judge someone asking for a refund from anyone. I take the point that it is money that is already gone but it's money that was gone when someone still had every expectation they would be earning at the same level as when they committed to a ST and that the product they paid for would be fulfilled. Many, not all, people currently furloughed are in industries that are at the lower end of the pay scale. £60 or £70 could make a huge difference to them in the coming weeks and no one should be 'embarrassed' if they are in that situation.

duffers
16-04-2020, 03:29 PM
I won’t be asking for a refund...... however money is a lot tighter for me at the moment and I will be struggling to afford renewing my season ticket. I guess it wouldn’t be fair on those that have already renewed, but if hibs were to offer a season ticket which was say £60 cheaper for the games we’ve missed this season, it would be a lot easier for me to justify

joebakerforever
16-04-2020, 03:29 PM
Which is fair enough, however to balance your argument, you’ve been sitting in a prime seat for years while paying the same as someone sitting in some of the worst seats in our stadium. The club are rectifying that now as it’s wrong and like any entertainment venue you go to, the price you pay should reflect the seats you get. I wouldn’t expect to pay the same for ringside at the boxing as I would up in the furthest seats from the ring.

The club still haven’t ‘ramped up’ the prices. All they have done is made the pricing fairer across the board dependant on your seat, I’m adversely affected by the change but understand I’ve got away with a cracking deal for long enough.

As I previously mentioned the gold areas appear to cover the majority of the stadium accommodation, so according to your view the majority of fans must be sitting in prime seats?

Your comparison of the seating & viewing arrangements at boxing & football stadia is spurious, as looking on to a small boxing ring and a large football pitch are entirely different..

Having been a STH at Easter Road for over 35 years, paying the full wack for 30 years, most of which when the demand for STs and attendances & results were low, suddenly when one becomes eligible for a concession, you seem to expect either you still pay the full price, or move elsewhere, or even b***er off!

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones whose income has not diminished when they retire but not all long term STHs are in such a fortunate position.

bod
16-04-2020, 06:03 PM
whats the difference between a refund for this seasons matches that have be cancelled & flights that were cancelled ?

waiting on a refund for the flights before anyone asks

hibbysam
16-04-2020, 06:52 PM
As I previously mentioned the gold areas appear to cover the majority of the stadium accommodation, so according to your view the majority of fans must be sitting in prime seats?

Your comparison of the seating & viewing arrangements at boxing & football stadia is spurious, as looking on to a small boxing ring and a large football pitch are entirely different..

Having been a STH at Easter Road for over 35 years, paying the full wack for 30 years, most of which when the demand for STs and attendances & results were low, suddenly when one becomes eligible for a concession, you seem to expect either you still pay the full price, or move elsewhere, or even b***er off!

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones whose income has not diminished when they retire but not all long term STHs are in such a fortunate position.

Regardless of how big the pitch is, if you don’t think there are different types of views and quality of views in our stadium then fair play, but it’s clear there are multiple levels of seating and the club have let this slide for too long. Because the pitch is bigger is the reason we only have 3 pricing areas, as opposed to 8-10 at boxing events, however it doesn’t mean everyone in the stadium has the best view.

Because our stadium is a top class arena, we don’t have many poor seats, hence the amount of gold seats, I’d expect this to change further over the years, lower in the east etc aren’t the best views and I’d expect to change as the years go on.

I’m not sure where I said that you should pay the full price or bugger off, ive said you should expect to pay the correct rate for the seat you sit in, you get a discount which you deserve. There was always going to be winners and losers during this process which is for the long term benefit of sorting our stadium out, I still don’t agree that we have simply ‘ramped’ our prices up for no reason, there is a clear reason why we have change the pricing model.

danhibees1875
16-04-2020, 07:20 PM
whats the difference between a refund for this seasons matches that have be cancelled & flights that were cancelled ?

Are you a supporter of the flight provider? People's relationships with football clubs are vastly different to almost every other market.

I think that will be the main difference for people who choose different ways.

I've got a few things that I should get refunded for and have different opinions towards each.

Keith_M
16-04-2020, 07:23 PM

Presumably there's little sentiment towards the airline, unlike the club.

It's a balance, though, between sentiment and needing the money for other purposes, like paying your mortgage or feeding your family.

So nobody has the right to question people on what decision they take.

Michael
16-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Was gutted when Flybe went under. Supported them since I was a lad.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2020, 07:28 PM

Were they always in the top flight?

Coco Bryce
16-04-2020, 07:30 PM
The reality is the cost for example of an adult plus 2 kids STs could feed the family for about 5-6 weeks of this lockdown.

This could be the difference if you are self employed or have been furloughed.

All about priorities.

Eyrie
16-04-2020, 07:38 PM
:not worth

Keith_M
16-04-2020, 07:50 PM

:greengrin

mim
16-04-2020, 08:00 PM

Think it is a seniors price.

It is a 30% + increase for pensioners.
I don't see the logic in a massive increase for pensioners and a much lesser increase for other adults in the same area.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2020, 08:24 PM

Boom boom.

Are you here all night?

TiaMaria
16-04-2020, 08:28 PM
It is a 30% + increase for pensioners.
I don't see the logic in a massive increase for pensioners and a much lesser increase for other adults in the same area.

I am a pensioner and think the price for us has always been low. The increase only works out about £3.50 per game, if 19 home games. In other words, pint or a cup of coffee.

hibbysam
16-04-2020, 08:37 PM
I am a pensioner and think the price for us has always been low. The increase only works out about £3.50 per game, if 19 home games. In other words, pint or a cup of coffee.

That’s it for me, £10 per game last season vs under £13.50 this season per game (obviously basing it on 19 games). That’s still a cracking deal in the prime seats.

Feed McGraw
16-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Were they always in the top flight? Always on Sky.

green with envy
16-04-2020, 10:07 PM

Talk about digging a hole.

Hibby70
16-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Not fussed for a refund for the remaining games. Just shelled out £530 for me and the lads STs for next season, not sure I want to take a further hit on that though.

Frazerbob
23-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Partick Thistle the first to announce a refund to ST holders, for the 5 home games their missing out on.

Keith_M
23-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Partick Thistle the first to announce a refund to ST holders, for the 5 home games their missing out on.

Just to clarify:

It's not an automatic refund, it's only for those that apply for it (deadline of May 1st)

The Harp Awakes
23-04-2020, 08:07 PM

The more you hear from Partick, the more respect you have for them as a club. They've got more reason to be p1ssed off than any other club over the SPFL decision, but rather than reacting like a spoilt kid aka Hearts, they have remained professional throughout.

23-04-2020, 08:22 PM

Well done Partick.

Said on the radio if everyone applied for it, it would cost them £80k. Wonder what the figure would be for us if we did the same.

chippy
23-04-2020, 08:40 PM
I’m not really bothered about this season but if next season is radically reduced or even cancelled completely perhaps Ron could pony up with some shares instead of refunds? Would help keep Hibs afloat and competitive , though obviously reducing his shareholding a bit. Hibs fans have ponied up over £1,000,000 plus so far so how about it?

SquashedFrogg
23-04-2020, 08:46 PM
I’m not really bothered about this season but if next season is radically reduced or even cancelled completely perhaps Ron could pony up with some shares instead of refunds? Would help keep Hibs afloat and competitive , though obviously reducing his shareholding a bit. Hibs fans have ponied up over £1,000,000 plus so far so how about it?

Did you ever use the term 'pony up' a year ago?

chippy
23-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Did you ever use the term 'pony up' a year ago?
No siree but I did hear it from somewhere

SquashedFrogg
24-04-2020, 07:02 AM
No siree but I did hear it from somewhere

😃👍

Keith_M
24-04-2020, 07:13 AM
Well done Partick.

Said on the radio if everyone applied for it, it would cost them £80k. Wonder what the figure would be for us if we did the same.

I'd be willing to bet the number that do apply for a refund would be incredibly small.

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2020, 07:22 AM
If Hibs offer the same I will apply for the refund and put it toward renewing my ST.

JimBHibees
24-04-2020, 07:28 AM
The more you hear from Partick, the more respect you have for them as a club. They've got more reason to be p1ssed off than any other club over the SPFL decision, but rather than reacting like a spoilt kid aka Hearts, they have remained professional throughout.

Yes the contrast is very clear. Always liked them as a club.

Andy74
24-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Anyone who appeared on the isolation purchases thread should be barred from this one. 😉

jodjam
24-04-2020, 08:05 AM
If Hibs offer the same I will apply for the refund and put it toward renewing my ST.

Yes I will apply also. My business of 10 years has gone down to nothing coming in at all. Right now every penny is a prisoner. As I buy 2 each year then this will be just shy of £200

CapitalGreen
24-04-2020, 08:07 AM

RG “ponied up” more in the space of 24 hours last July than HSL managed in 5 years.

hibbyfraelibby
24-04-2020, 09:50 AM

They like to play the ball wide playing down both wings

Carheenlea
24-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Partick Thistle have got the tone of this just right. Provision made for those unfortunate enough who find themselves in a position where the refund could be very helpful to them, but making the bigger picture clear without resorting to begging and leaving it up to the supporters themselves to make the decision on whether or not to apply for a refund.

chippy
24-04-2020, 02:35 PM
RG “ponied up” more in the space of 24 hours last July than HSL managed in 5 years.
Why bring HSL into it? Shares could be swapped in lieu of season ticket money if no/ few games next season. Sure it dilutes his shareholding but it keeps the money in Hibs and widens the ownership base. Do you agree/ disagree/ neutral ?

Ardenttwo
24-04-2020, 03:44 PM

I have no interest in receiving a refund but that’s a personal decision. Others might be in a different position from me so have no problem if some fans want or need a refund.

Siralbertkidd
29-04-2020, 09:47 AM
I have no interest in receiving a refund but that’s a personal decision. Others might be in a different position from me so have no problem if some fans want or need a refund.

Just wondered if anything happening regarding this, any other Clubs besides Partick doing anything?

Jamesie
29-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Just wondered if anything happening regarding this, any other Clubs besides Partick doing anything?

Haven’t heard of any others so far.

Coco Bryce
29-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Disappointing the club have done nothing about this. If you pay for something and you don't get it you get refunded. It's law.

In the past few weeks I have have had holidays, flights and concert tickets all refunded. Although I understand it's a little different when it's your football club and you would never want to hurt them financially, I just think it's very poor season tickets holders haven't even been offered a discount on our new season tickets.

Been offline a few days/ Has the early bird offer been extended yet? If not, also disappointing.

erin go bragh
29-04-2020, 11:05 AM
The club can’t do much with all the uncertainty atm .
But if the season does finish with average points for remaining games ,can’t see how the club will have to offer any refunds.imo .

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Disappointing the club have done nothing about this. If you pay for something and you don't get it you get refunded. It's law.

In the past few weeks I have have had holidays, flights and concert tickets all refunded. Although I understand it's a little different when it's your football club and you would never want to hurt them financially, I just think it's very poor season tickets holders haven't even been offered a discount on our new season tickets.

Been offline a few days/ Has the early bird offer been extended yet? If not, also disappointing.

As things stand I would guess that no refunds would be offered (or fans informed that none will be offered) by any premiership club as the season isn't over yet. They could still find a way to play out these games, even if behind closed doors and offer fans a way to view - as remote a possibility as that often seems.

Assuming the season does end, there's also a question mark over what a ST actually entitles you to. I think it's to allow access to all home games played in a season, which is what we've all received. There were just less home games than expected.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for Hibs to state that these things are still being worked out and will be resolved in due course once we know more about this season and next.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 11:17 AM

Its more than a little different. The acts aren't being payed by ticket master or the venue for the next 3 years so they can manage better without the money than a football club can. Their staff are likely all furloughed.

There is no doubt Hibs are working on this but it really is nothing like flights, holidays or concerts.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2020, 11:18 AM

The difference being with the examples you provided is that those events have been cancelled, the SPFL Premiership has not been cancelled as of yet. Expect to see movement on this once the competition is officially cancelled.

Coco Bryce
29-04-2020, 11:18 AM
As things stand I would guess that no refunds would be offered (or fans informed that none will be offered) by any premiership club as the season isn't over yet. They could still find a way to play out these games, even if behind closed doors and offer fans a way to view - as remote a possibility as that often seems.

Assuming the season does end, there's also a question mark over what a ST actually entitles you to. I think it's to allow access to all home games played in a season, which is what we've all received. There were just less home games than expected.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for Hibs to state that these things are still being worked out and will be resolved in due course once we know more about this season and next.

I know it's all up in the air but Hibs seem to be more interested just now in bombarding me via emails to renew our season tickets for something that probably wont even happen.

I have emailed the club twice in the last few weeks with some season ticket related questions. Not a single reply.

Coco Bryce
29-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Its more than a little different. The acts aren't being payed by ticket master or the venue for the next 3 years so they can manage better without the money than a football club can. Their staff are likely all furloughed.

There is no doubt Hibs are working on this but it really is nothing like flights, holidays or concerts.

Hibs have furloughed staff also. Can me and my family manage better financially than a football club can?

Sir David Gray
29-04-2020, 12:46 PM

I'm not a million miles away from your way of thinking but I wouldn't expect Hibs to deal with hypothetical scenarios at this stage. At the moment, this season hasn't ended and no changes have been made to next season so I wouldn't expect Hibs to be discussing the issue of refunds for things that haven't been officially cancelled yet.

Clearly there will be changes made to how football takes place in this country over the coming months and beyond and when those changes are confirmed, I would expect Hibs to take the appropriate decisions.

The one aspect of your post that I do agree with is the final point you make. The answer to your question is that no extension has been made to the Early Bird deadline as yet and although we still have more than a week left to go, I would also agree that it would be disappointing if no extension is granted.

My main concern continues to be the seat release deadline in June and it remains to be seen what Hibs are planning to do with that. I still have hope that they will do what I believe would be the right thing and extend this date until firm decisions have been made but time will tell.

Frazerbob
29-04-2020, 01:00 PM
They can’t make a call on this season’s season tickets until we know for certain that the games won’t be played. We all realise that the likelihood is is about 0.000001% but it’s not been officially decided yet.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 03:37 PM
Hibs have furloughed staff also. Can me and my family manage better financially than a football club can?

I dunno, possibly you can actually. Is a refund from Hibs going to be the difference for you? in that case, you definitely should get one. If its just for the principle of a refund and you don't really need it then its a bit petty.

One Day
30-04-2020, 08:13 AM
Not wanting a refund happy to let the club keep it. I am aware however that a lot of people could use any sort of refund right now

bod
01-05-2020, 01:38 PM
The rangers giving a £25 voucher to season tkt holders if the season can’t be finished- in the Online version of the d***y r****d

Siralbertkidd
04-05-2020, 09:46 AM
The rangers giving a £25 voucher to season tkt holders if the season can’t be finished- in the Online version of the d***y r****d

Not a very high benchmark

WeeRussell
04-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Well done to all those who aren't interested in any sort of refund, however "the club needs the money" shouldn't be generally applied. There will be A LOT of people right now who need those sums of money more than a football club does. Some of who were making a relative big investment in buying season/match tickets BEFORE all this drama.

This should be a personal thing and there is no right or wrong answer.

Andy74
04-05-2020, 12:07 PM
Well done to all those who aren't interested in any sort of refund, however "the club needs the money" shouldn't be generally applied. There will be A LOT of people right now who need those sums of money more than a football club does. Some of who were making a relative big investment in buying season/match tickets BEFORE all this drama.

This should be a personal thing and there is no right or wrong answer.

It’s not really true to say it’s needed more with the fans than the club.

Fans have already paid that money out and had deemed it affordable at the time.

The club has had that money and used it, paying it back out would have a big impact.

Box 17
04-05-2020, 12:26 PM

The club has had that money and used it, paying it back out would have a big impact.

On that basis you wouldn't be asking TUI or Ryanair for a refund if your summer holiday gets cancelled?

Football clubs need to tread carefully, whether they are contractually obliged to or not, over the subject of refunds. Albeit some will be willing to write off the remainder of the season, clubs refusing to offer some sort of recompense to loyal supporters will lead to quite a few being p****d off at the thought of being shafted and less inclined to renew or go back at all.

WeeRussell
04-05-2020, 01:58 PM

How is it not :confused:

Surely there is BOUND to be some supporters who forked out a considerable investment and now face a lot of uncertainty/drop or loss of income and could do with the extra few quid, whereas Hibs will survive without it.

Then there will be many others (a majority if you like) that haven't been severely affected or can afford the hit, and therefore are happy that Hibs hold on to the cash.

Different for everyone, which was kind of my point,

Andy74
04-05-2020, 07:45 PM
How is it not :confused:

Surely there is BOUND to be some supporters who forked out a considerable investment and now face a lot of uncertainty/drop or loss of income and could do with the extra few quid, whereas Hibs will survive without it.

Then there will be many others (a majority if you like) that haven't been severely affected or can afford the hit, and therefore are happy that Hibs hold on to the cash.

Different for everyone, which was kind of my point,

It’s different for everyone yes, but to all it is money that’s already gone.

Hibs might survive without it, or might not, if everyone asked for about 1/3 of their cash that’s already been used it may cause the club a lot of damage.

£100 per ST or so for individuals won’t be the difference between surviving or not. It’s gone. Sure, getting it back would be nice and I’m sure there are some that would very much welcome it but if you’re in complete dire straits (and there are enough schemes out there to helpfully avoid that for most) it is unlikely to be the difference.

I think it has the potential to be a bigger issue for the club than for individuals.

Onion
04-05-2020, 08:03 PM
It’s different for everyone yes, but to all it is money that’s already gone.

Hibs might survive without it, or might not, if everyone asked for about 1/3 of their cash that’s already been used it may cause the club a lot of damage.

£100 per ST or so for individuals won’t be the difference between surviving or not. It’s gone. Sure, getting it back would be nice and I’m sure there are some that would very much welcome it but if you’re in complete dire straits (and there are enough schemes out there to helpfully avoid that for most) it is unlikely to be the difference.

I think it has the potential to be a bigger issue for the club than for individuals.

Quoted in the media that total refund across all Scot clubs would come to £5M, so not a small amount. Personally, no problem waiving any refund but the club should do or say something about the loss of value to fans. To simply ignore it would be really poor.

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2020, 08:04 PM
As long as Hibs survive I’m not fussy about getting any money back even if next season is a wash out.

18Craig75
04-05-2020, 08:10 PM

I agree with this. Whilst sympathetic to people’s individual circumstances; it won’t be the clubs fault that they haven’t been able to provide 22 home games.

Holidays, flights Etc etc are totally different to this as you won’t have received a product you have paid for. As season ticket holders we have received a seasons worth of games, yes it may be a few games short of what we paid for but the season will have still been completed with prizes and (hopefully) relegation dished out.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2020, 08:17 PM
I agree with this. Whilst sympathetic to people’s individual circumstances; it won’t be the clubs fault that they haven’t been able to provide 22 home games.

Holidays, flights Etc etc are totally different to this as you won’t have received a product you have paid for. As season ticket holders we have received a seasons worth of games, yes it may be a few games short of what we paid for but the season will have still been completed with prizes and (hopefully) relegation dished out.

Would you feel the same if during your fourteen night holiday, your operator was forced to cut it to ten nights and bring you home?

bigwheel
04-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Would you feel the same if during your fourteen night holiday, your operator was forced to cut it to ten nights and bring you home?

I wouldn’t, but I buy my season ticket as much to support my club as I do to get my seat at the games..I don’t have the same love or support for a tour operator ...as I don’t need the money back , I’d be delighted for Hibs to keep it ..

18Craig75
04-05-2020, 08:26 PM

If there was a risk to mine or my families health in staying to complete the 14 days then yeah, I would be thankful for the 10 days and accept that there were bigger things at play and return home?

Sir David Gray
04-05-2020, 08:40 PM
I wouldn’t, but I buy my season ticket as much to support my club as I do to get my seat at the games..I don’t have the same love or support for a tour operator ...as I don’t need the money back , I’d be delighted for Hibs to keep it ..

If everyone who's entitled to a refund from their cancelled travel plans over the next few months takes the refund instead of the airlines' preference of a voucher then there will either be no airlines left operating when things get back to normal or there will be so few of them left that the price of a flight will be extortionate.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want refunded for a cancelled flight by the way, just that it works the same as the season ticket question.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2020, 08:42 PM
If there was a risk to mine or my families health in staying to complete the 14 days then yeah, I would be thankful for the 10 days and accept that there were bigger things at play and return home?

Thanks, I would be the same. Interesting that another reply has said differently so no doubt that for many it comes down to them feeling part of Hibs as a supporter and more committed to help them survive. I did say previously that if a refund was offered I would take it and put it towards my renewal due to my own financial difficulties. Since I said that I re-evaluated my own position due to furlough payment and money naturally saved through enforced lack of spending and have now renewed anyway. I would now not pursue or take a refund if offered.

18Craig75
04-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Thanks, I would be the same. Interesting that another reply has said differently so no doubt that for many it comes down to them feeling part of Hibs as a supporter and more committed to help them survive. I did say previously that if a refund was offered I would take it and put it towards my renewal due to my own financial difficulties. Since I said that I re-evaluated my own position due to furlough payment and money naturally saved through enforced lack of spending and have now renewed anyway. I would now not pursue or take a refund if offered.

Im in a similar boat to you. I’ve been furloughed, construction industry faces huge challenges ahead and then the usual outgoings that everyone else has as well. I took the decision early on to renew as I knew the club would need the money, & I think partly because the longer this goes on the less likely it would be that I might have that sort of cash as well!! Football is such a unique industry because of the emotional attachment that comes with it. For instance there’s no way I’d pay £400 odds for a holiday in August if there was even the odd chance I might not go! Sense often goes out the window with

Everyone’s situations will be different due to Covid, we can only really do what we can on a person to person basis. I think the club get that. Just need to hope the club is still there when this is over and of course we all are as well!

Casey1875
04-05-2020, 11:31 PM
On that basis you wouldn't be asking TUI or Ryanair for a refund if your summer holiday gets cancelled?

Football clubs need to tread carefully, whether they are contractually obliged to or not, over the subject of refunds. Albeit some will be willing to write off the remainder of the season, clubs refusing to offer some sort of recompense to loyal supporters will lead to quite a few being p****d off at the thought of being shafted and less inclined to renew or go back at all.

I think you are right, coupled with the fact that there is no benefit to a season ticket bar having your seat, I think we could see a fairly big drop if this isn't played right by the club. With the uncertainty of next season I can see more people deciding pay at the gate is the best option.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2020, 08:38 AM
I think you are right, coupled with the fact that there is no benefit to a season ticket bar having your seat, I think we could see a fairly big drop if this isn't played right by the club. With the uncertainty of next season I can see more people deciding pay at the gate is the best option.

The uptake so far seems to suggest that won’t be the case.

bigwheel
05-05-2020, 08:54 AM
If everyone who's entitled to a refund from their cancelled travel plans over the next few months takes the refund instead of the airlines' preference of a voucher then there will either be no airlines left operating when things get back to normal or there will be so few of them left that the price of a flight will be extortionate.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want refunded for a cancelled flight by the way, just that it works the same as the season ticket question.

That’s true ..but there won’t be many people who make decisions from their heart to support an airline ....

H18 SFR
05-05-2020, 10:08 AM
I know it's all up in the air but Hibs seem to be more interested just now in bombarding me via emails to renew our season tickets for something that probably wont even happen.

I have emailed the club twice in the last few weeks with some season ticket related questions. Not a single reply.

Are you emailing the tickets@hib... email?

I have emailed twice and received a reply pretty much instantly.

Casey1875
05-05-2020, 01:00 PM
The uptake so far seems to suggest that won’t be the case.

I'd imagine that most will be the hardcore of the support, a base of about 7-8k who were there through all the crap years. It is more the extra 5k season tickets that I can see dropping off.

Frazerbob
05-05-2020, 03:11 PM
I'd imagine that most will be the hardcore of the support, a base of about 7-8k who were there through all the crap years. It is more the extra 5k season tickets that I can see dropping off.

I agree. I’d be shocked if we get 10k despite the excellent early uptake.

Frazerbob
05-05-2020, 03:12 PM
96% of Partick Thistle fans declined the clubs offer of a partial refund on their season tickets after the early termination of their Championship campaign. Saving the club £75,000 in the process.

*Taken from Scottish Football Away Day on Facebook

Billy Whizz
05-05-2020, 06:12 PM
96% of Partick Thistle fans declined the clubs offer of a partial refund on their season tickets after the early termination of their Championship campaign. Saving the club £75,000 in the process.

Well done to them

Keith_M
05-05-2020, 06:22 PM
Well done to them

hibby6270
05-05-2020, 07:42 PM
Somehow missed this thread. TBH, I’m not interested in getting a refund for this season if no further games are played. It’s next season I’m torn on. Probably going wait for the 4th June deadline.

erin go bragh
06-05-2020, 12:29 PM

Can’t see they figures being correct . Would mean their season tickets gross 7.2 m .
But well done to the 96%

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Can’t see they figures being correct . Would mean their season tickets gross 7.2 m .
But well done to the 96%

How would it? The refund offered was only a small percentage of the total cost of a ST.

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 12:44 PM
How would it? The refund offered was only a small percentage of the total cost of a ST.

Without checking - if they had 4 home games left out of 18 that's 22%.

If £75k is 22%, that equates to an approximate total of £3.4m.

Green_one
06-05-2020, 02:46 PM

The maths here are getting worse

mcfly
06-05-2020, 02:50 PM

Think you mean £340k 😂

TamHibs
06-05-2020, 02:51 PM

That would mean £340k, no?

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 02:51 PM
The maths here are getting worse

? :confused:

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 02:52 PM
Think you mean £340k 😂

That would mean £340k, no?

? :confused:

I stand corrected! :aok:

Siralbertkidd
08-05-2020, 07:23 PM
I stand corrected! :aok:

Now you have the hang of it, what would a similar take up cost Hibs?

Jamesie
18-05-2020, 08:04 AM
I'm presuming that if the league is indeed called today then we'll head from the club shortly thereafter as to what the position is with regard to 2019/20 season tickets.

Since90+2
18-05-2020, 08:08 AM
I'm presuming that if the league is indeed called today then we'll head from the club shortly thereafter as to what the position is with regard to 2019/20 season tickets.

The club won't be in a financial position to offer any kind of refund or credit. I think the vast vast majority of season ticket holders will appreciate that and won't be looking for anything back from the club.

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 08:15 AM
The club won't be in a financial position to offer any kind of refund or credit. I think the vast vast majority of season ticket holders will appreciate that and won't be looking for anything back from the club.

We might get the 4% uptake that Partick Thistle did on their offer, which would cost Hibs around £25k.

I actually wouldn't mind that, if there were people that really felt they needed a few quid.

Berwickhibby
18-05-2020, 08:17 AM
I suggest a free signed Callander for season ticket holders .... hardly a fortune in fiscal terms and something tangible for the fans.

danhibees1875
18-05-2020, 08:43 AM
We might get the 4% uptake that Partick Thistle did on their offer, which would cost Hibs around £25k.

I actually wouldn't mind that, if there were people that really felt they needed a few quid.

duffers
18-05-2020, 08:50 AM
I suggest a free signed Callander for season ticket holders .... hardly a fortune in fiscal terms and something tangible for the fans.

I'm not to sure the players are going to be too happy signing 11,000 or so calendars....

I think a lot of people will be in a similar boat to me where although they wouldn't take a refund as such for this seasons ST, if they are struggling to afford or justify a ST for next year, £60 for example off next years could change things.

nonshinyfinish
18-05-2020, 08:58 AM

Obviously a bit of a risk for the club if the uptake ends up being higher, but the Thistle example is a good test case so it seems like a worthwhile risk.

Would be a good gesture, and as you say, if those that genuinely need the money take it up then all the better.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 09:00 AM

I'm pretty sure Hibs would be legally obliged to at least offer one.

Whether people want one or not is obviously up to them.

04Sauzee
18-05-2020, 09:04 AM

I think they will have to offer a refund or some crrdit facility. And there will be some fans who's circumstances have changed dramatically over the last few months that a few quid will come in handy and if that's the case i wouldn't blame them for looking for some kind of refund

Jamesie
18-05-2020, 09:10 AM

That's a very interesting point-I've never dug out the terms and conditions to check, but I wouldn't surprised if they simply state that the season ticket allows entry to all home games at Easter Road for this season (that term would allow sufficient flexibility in normal times to cater for the uncertainty of the split). If that is the case then from a legal perspective Hibs might not be so obliged.

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 09:13 AM

I think I'd rather leave it to the club to decide based on what they feel is right for the supporters, instead of getting into the legal ins and outs of it.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 09:19 AM
That's a very interesting point-I've never dug out the terms and conditions to check, but I wouldn't surprised if they simply state that the season ticket allows entry to all home games at Easter Road for this season (that term would allow sufficient flexibility in normal times to cater for the uncertainty of the split). If that is the case then from a legal perspective Hibs might not be so obliged.

I think that could be challenged if someone felt strongly enough about it.

You spend £400 on a season ticket and the reasonable expectation is that you get to see between 18-20 home league games for your money (depending on the split).

Peevemor
18-05-2020, 09:23 AM
I'm fairly certain that once it's confirmed that there will be no more games played this season, the club will be quick to let ST holders know their options for refunds/discounts or whatever. They seem pretty well tuned in to the thoughts, expectations and needs of the fans and I'm sure they won't let anyone down.

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 09:24 AM

You spend £400 on a season ticket and the reasonable expectation is that you get to see between 18-20 home league games for your money (depending on the split).

TBH, you seem to be the only person that feels quite strongly about it, as you've posted this quite a few times now.

Can't you just wait and see what Hibs actually do when the league is finally called?

Carheenlea
18-05-2020, 09:58 AM
I'm fairly certain that once it's confirmed that there will be no more games played this season, the club will be quick to let ST holders know their options for refunds/discounts or whatever. They seem pretty well tuned in to the thoughts, expectations and needs of the fans and I'm sure they won't let anyone down.

Hibs will be doing the right thing here.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 10:00 AM
TBH, you seem to be the only person that feels quite strongly about it, as you've posted this quite a few times now.

Can't you just wait and see what Hibs actually do when the league is finally called?

I'm sorry there was a post from someone this morning on the subject of refunds that I decided to reply to. I thought that was the general idea of the forum.

For the avoidance of doubt, I won't be pursuing a refund but I think there should be an option of one if the full season isn't completed.

Hope that's ok with you.

HappyAsHellas
18-05-2020, 10:12 AM
I don't want a refund even though it looks likely I will lose my job and have therefore declined to buy my ticket for next season. If the club were to give anything they thought I might be owed to the NHS though.....

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2020, 10:13 AM

That sounds very much like the argument Hearts are making about relegation.

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2020, 10:24 AM

I think you’re spot on and pretty sure the club will also recognise that and therefore be bound to offer a refund to all ST holders. I can’t imagine the take up on that offer will be great as most ST holders feel totally different towards a club they support as opposed to other organisations that they will actively pursue for refunds due to cancellations. As others have said if folk feel they want/need to accept a refund if offered then that is fine by me as every one has different circumstances, none of which have to be justified to anyone on this board or indeed anyone else. Hibs have responded with great acclaim to many issues over the last few weeks, I don’t see this issue being handled any differently.

hibee_girl
18-05-2020, 10:43 AM

They’ll have a plan in place.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 10:45 AM
I think you’re spot on and pretty sure the club will also recognise that and therefore be bound to offer a refund to all ST holders. I can’t imagine the take up on that offer will be great as most ST holders feel totally different towards a club they support as opposed to other organisations that they will actively pursue for refunds due to cancellations. As others have said if folk feel they want/need to accept a refund if offered then that is fine by me as every one has different circumstances, none of which have to be justified to anyone on this board or indeed anyone else. Hibs have responded with great acclaim to many issues over the last few weeks, I don’t see this issue being handled any differently.

Correct.

weecounty hibby
18-05-2020, 11:06 AM
What I can't understand is that people think that Hibs won't act in the most responsible manner with all this. Nothing has been settled yet and I fully expect the club to do the right thing here. It's like the NHS thing, we have had folk griping about how it wasn't the right font, then some hinting that Hibs will only be handing over a small p in the £. We may not agree with every decision made by the club but I think during the Covid-19/league completion/relegation issues the club has acted in an exemplary socially aware manner

Skol
18-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Personally I have written off last seasons ticket and Hibs can keep that money. I appreciate some people will have different circumstances and may be needing to fight for every penny given circumstances which is fine by me also.

I hope next season goes ahead, but suspect it too will be impacted. For the time being I am OK with that also, albeit as this whole thing transpires we may not all have as deep pockets as we would like and some hard decisions will be required

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 04:35 PM
As most of us suspected all along, Hibs have now offered a potential refund to those that feel they need it.

(no talk of broken contracts or legal actions required)

Jamesie
18-05-2020, 04:38 PM
As most of us suspected all along, Hibs have now offered a potential refund to those that feel they need it.

Yup, can't say fairer than this.

weecounty hibby
18-05-2020, 04:40 PM
What I can't understand is that people think that Hibs won't act in the most responsible manner with all this. Nothing has been settled yet and I fully expect the club to do the right thing here. It's like the NHS thing, we have had folk griping about how it wasn't the right font, then some hinting that Hibs will only be handing over a small p in the £. We may not agree with every decision made by the club but I think during the Covid-19/league completion/relegation issues the club has acted in an exemplary socially aware manner
Sorry for replying to my own post but as I said and as expected Hibernian acting with complete dignity, respect and awareness of the ongoing situation

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Yup, can't say fairer than this.

green day
18-05-2020, 04:48 PM
Sorry for replying to my own post but as I said and as expected Hibernian acting with complete dignity, respect and awareness of the ongoing situation

Yep.

If you can afford to leave it with the club thats great - if you are struggling and need the cash, you will get it back.

As usual, exactly the right thing from our club :aok:

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2020, 05:04 PM

👍

hibby6270
18-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Posted this in the Official Club Statement thread as well

Like majority here, not bothered about refund for this season.
However, much as Hearts demise brings a smile to the face, there is one initiative they have introduced that I have to applaud. Anyone buying a ST for next season is guaranteed a minimum of 18 games for the outlay. This means 2 things imo.
1) They’ve accepted their fate in the Championship 😃 - 18 home games.
2) Regardless of when next season starts or how many games it provides (should it be curtailed), any unused tickets will be held over to the 21/22 season if necessary.
Could Hibs do the same? Thoughts.🤔

Valencia
18-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Happy for the club to keep the money.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 06:38 PM

As expected.

19-05-2020, 12:17 AM

However, much as Hearts demise brings a smile to the face, there is one initiative they have introduced that I have to applaud. Anyone buying a ST for next season is guaranteed a minimum of 18 games for the outlay. This means 2 things imo.
2) Regardless of when next season starts or how many games it provides (should it be curtailed), any unused tickets will be held over to the 21/22 season if necessary.

It does seem a decent way to do it. Wonder if they'll offer a partial refund for 2019/2020.

The 18 home games thing could also mean they're hoping to be in the top 6 of a 14 team Premiership.

Peevemor
19-05-2020, 06:12 AM
It does seem a decent way to do it. Wonder if they'll offer a partial refund for 2019/2020.

The 18 home games thing could also mean they're hoping to be in the top 6 of a 14 team Premiership.

They couldn't really do otherwise as they couldn't use different logic between their staff & their fans.

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2020, 06:38 AM
I am retired ( Under 65 ) I also pay for my full price adult son who is in my network

My initial thought was just to let him HIBS keep it but 8 x £20-30 is a lot of dough towards next seasons ST

I am sure there will be a lot of fans in a similar position who pay for others in their network and their personal finances might be upside down just now due to the pandemic and I am convinced HIBS will have a lot of requests for a refund in the short term

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2020, 06:48 AM
I am retired ( Under 65 ) I also pay for my full price adult son who is in my network

My initial thought was just to let him HIBS keep it but 8 x £20-30 is a lot of dough towards next seasons ST

I am sure there will be a lot of fans in a similar position who pay for others in their network and their personal finances might be upside down just now due to the pandemic and I am convinced HIBS will have a lot of requests for a refund in the short term

What would you say is a lot?

I dont think there will be a lot wanting refunds, but my defination of a lot, may differ from yours?

Peevemor
20-05-2020, 06:54 AM

I dont think there will be a lot wanting refunds, but my defination of a lot, may differ from yours?

A 10% uptake would see the club refunding maybe £120k+. I've no idea how many will ask for refunds, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was 30-40%

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2020, 06:57 AM
A 10% uptake would see the club refunding maybe £120k+. I've no idea how many will ask for refunds, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was 30-40%

Really, i think it will be nowhere near that amount. In fact i'd say it would be in the very low single figures much like Partick Thistle.

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2020, 06:57 AM

£160-240 towards £840 is a lot to me especially when my pension is 12k pa which is a fair percentage of my income better in my pocket just now and yes HIBS will get it back once fans are allowed back into the Stadium whenever that may be

My point was that there must be other fans that pay for large networks with even less disposable income than me just now

I think the uptake will be quite high- higher than 10% due the current economic crisis

It would be interesting to find out hence the reason I raised the point

Peevemor
20-05-2020, 07:03 AM
Really, i think it will be nowhere near that amount. In fact i'd say it would be in the very low single figures much like Partick Thistle.

You could be right - I honestly don't know.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2020, 07:05 AM
You could be right - I honestly don't know.

Nobody knows, :greengrin although i dont know anyone who does want a refund personally.

Andy74
20-05-2020, 07:16 AM

I’d hope most people whose income has not changed for the worse would just leave it. It’s been paid for. Each to their own but Hibs are being up front about asking not to do this unless you have to.

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2020, 07:19 AM
I’d hope most people whose income has not changed for the worse would just leave it. It’s been paid for. Each to their own but Hibs are being up front about asking not to do this unless you have to.
:aok:

RoYO!
20-05-2020, 07:32 AM

Tbf hearts haven't exactly got a great record when it comes to fulfilling guarantees!

I dont think there's anything wrong with the way hibs have handled the ST's. The high take up seems to suggest most feel the same. Hibs will do right by their fans, that I have no doubt about.

ancient hibee
20-05-2020, 09:54 AM

The refund won’t be 4 X the walk up price for games but a % of the season ticket cost.

Peevemor
20-05-2020, 10:20 AM
The refund won’t be 4 X the walk up price for games but a % of the season ticket cost.

If a regular adult ST was £405, that equates to £22.50 per match for 18 matches, or £90 for 4.

jacomo
20-05-2020, 10:29 AM

It’s all about giving supporters confidence to invest in an ST I suppose. If it works for them, fair enough.

Personally I think the idea of an ST running across more than one season is very messy. Hearts couldn’t even get a ticket payment plan in place for the launch of their season tickets (issue was totally outwith their control of course) so I would have little confidence in them managing this well.

I think Hibs are taking a better approach.

Pilrig_Sauzee
20-05-2020, 11:16 AM
In a polite way told Hibs where they can stick my refund. In the bank, to allow a fellow season ticket holder who really needs the cash back, to get it. Am healthy and still employed, some aren’t.

Keith_M
20-05-2020, 11:34 AM
If a regular adult ST was £405, that equates to £22.50 per match for 18 matches, or £90 for 4.

I think they'll calculate it as the remainder of nineteen games, which would be just over £80 if you paid full price and just under if you got a discount as an 'Early Bird' purchaser.

However, around 60% of our Season Tickets have some form of concession, so the majority of people would be entitled to much less than that.

For instance, an U-12 ticket in the FF Lower would be entitled to a grand total of £10.50, and refunds for Seniors or Youths would be in the region of £40.

Peevemor
20-05-2020, 11:41 AM
I think they'll calculate it as the remainder of nineteen games, which would be just over £80 if you paid full price and just under if you got a discount as an 'Early Bird' purchaser.

However, around 60% of our Season Tickets have some form of concession, so the majority of people would be entitled to much less than that.

For instance, an U-12 ticket in the FF Lower would be entitled to a grand total of £10.50, and refunds for Seniors or Youths would be in the region of £40.

Of course, it should be 19 matches.

maturehibby
20-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Don't want a refund let Hibs use it to bolster their finances .
I am sure money is tight there so if it keeps people in a job it's worth it .
I had a holiday booked in June and paid £120 deposit .
When time to pay was getting closed I decided to lose the deposit and cancel the booking and there for let the holiday company retain the money
Again to let the company have some finances to keep someone in a job .

Juniper Greens
20-05-2020, 11:57 AM
Average refund will be about £50. As others have said, I would imagine take up will be low. Especially considering 7,000 have already committed to next season, knowing that they probably won't get much back in value for that. Even if half of the "6000 STs not in the 7000 renewals" take up the option, still only talking 150k in refunds.
I think you'll be lucky if 1000 people take up the option tbh

Bronson
20-05-2020, 06:05 PM
It’s spent money, it would still be spent if the games went ahead but if anything we’ve saved on a half time pie and a bevy after the game. Paid for over a year ago so have long since written that off.

Let the club keep the money folks.

Peevemor
20-05-2020, 06:13 PM
It’s spent money, it would still be spent if the games went ahead but if anything we’ve saved on a half time pie and a bevy after the game. Paid for over a year ago so have long since written that off.

Let the club keep the money folks.

That's easy to say, but what about those who have found themselves with no (or much less) income and are faced with the choice of being supportive of Hibs or putting food on the table?

skankomcphee
06-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Anyone who requested the refund actually got it yet?

Keith_M
06-06-2020, 08:27 AM

Any idea how many requested a refund?

ekhibee
06-06-2020, 09:36 AM
In a polite way told Hibs where they can stick my refund. In the bank, to allow a fellow season ticket holder who really needs the cash back, to get it. Am healthy and still employed, some aren’t.

Totally agree with this.

Coco Bryce
08-06-2020, 07:35 AM

My neighbour and his 3 kids all had season tickets. He requested a refund as they are toiling financially. He works on building sites so unfortunately not worked for 3 months and his wife has been furloughed. Was speaking to him yesterday and he hadn't received anything back yet.

skankomcphee
09-06-2020, 09:37 AM
My neighbour and his 3 kids all had season tickets. He requested a refund as they are toiling financially. He works on building sites so unfortunately not worked for 3 months and his wife has been furloughed. Was speaking to him yesterday and he hadn't received anything back yet.

Aye could definitely do with getting the cash before too long. Email from the ticket office said to please be patient, hopefully no too much longer