PDA

View Full Version : Better way to determine final standings

Lunatic
12-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I think there's a better way to determine final standings than by average points.
We're in a bit of a unique position in Scotland, in that everyone has already played everyone else, both home and away. Surely a fairer way than average points, which doesn't account for remaining difficulty of schedule, would be to use the results of the previous games.
Obviously there are many different ways to do this, and it still wouldn't be perfect. You could use the average result of the previous 3, you could just use the last result from the corresponding fixture, if only 2 have been played, you could just use the previous 2 again etc. There are problems, of course, with all these options, however any of them would be fairer on teams that have already played most of the top teams in the league.
And best of all, no matter how you decided to do it, like any system anyone could ever come up with, it would result in Hearts being relegated. :na na:

Keith_M
12-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I think there's a better way to determine final standings than by average points.
We're in a bit of a unique position in Scotland, in that everyone has already played everyone else, both home and away. Surely a fairer way than average points, which doesn't account for remaining difficulty of schedule, would be to use the results of the previous games.
Obviously there are many different ways to do this, and it still wouldn't be perfect. You could use the average result of the previous 3, you could just use the last result from the corresponding fixture, if only 2 have been played, you could just use the previous 2 again etc. There are problems, of course, with all these options, however any of them would be fairer on teams that have already played most of the top teams in the league.
And best of all, no matter how you decided to do it, like any system anyone could ever come up with, it would result in Hearts being relegated. :na na:

....and, depending on which games they choose (e.g. the first 22), it could also mean The Rangers winning the league.

CapitalGreen
12-04-2020, 03:13 PM

Rangers haven’t played St Johnstone at Ibrox this season, that is their game in hand.

Lunatic
12-04-2020, 03:32 PM
....and, depending on which games they choose (e.g. the first 22), it could also mean The Rangers winning the league.

I don't think it would. Games played wouldn't be discounted. Even if you just used the first 22 to predict results, it wouldn't make up the difference.

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Rangers haven’t played St Johnstone at Ibrox this season, that is their game in hand.

Pools Panel say home win for Rangers, which is good for us.

They also say Morelos was sent off, crowd rioted and Ibrox to be closed for 5 years. Rangers to play all their home games in the Vatican.

I got that in a WhatsApp message from the guy at ICT.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Pools Panel say home win for Rangers, which is good for us.

They also say Morelos was sent off, crowd rioted and Ibrox to be closed for 5 years. Rangers to play all their home games in the Vatican.

I got that in a WhatsApp message from the guy at ICT.
😂😂😂😂😂

Mon Dieu4
12-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Should just pick player and a fan for each team and have a battle royal, Darren McGregor and Josh Taylor would do us justice :faf: