PDA

View Full Version : Favourite place to sit at Easter Road?

Steven79
11-04-2020, 11:14 PM
Mines is the west Upper for the view but sometimes the lower to be close to the action.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Speedy
11-04-2020, 11:36 PM
Middle of the east

Austinho
11-04-2020, 11:40 PM
The old east stand under the TV Gantry. Mostly involved standing on seat rather than sitting on it mind you.

Since452
11-04-2020, 11:42 PM
Middle of the east

Ditto. Like my dad and grandad before me

Mibbes Aye
11-04-2020, 11:43 PM
I will take it back in time. The old bit in the West Stand pre-redevelopment, with the corrugated iron walls on the stair, especially the wooden bench seats close to the Dunbar end. I went to a few reserve games where that was the only bit that was open. You could usually nip out and run down to the Albion Bar for a swift pint and a nip during half-time, nobody was checking re-entry.

erin go bragh
12-04-2020, 12:01 AM
Stood up the back of the East ,level with the 18 yard line for years ( near the coo shed end )
Have now been in the FF lower for at least 10 years with the grand kids . But I’d say the best view is in the FF upper .

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2020, 12:34 AM
My seat West Upper Row HH

HH81
12-04-2020, 04:32 AM
Executive seats in the west views are class.

BILLYHIBS
12-04-2020, 06:53 AM
Old North Enclosure underneath the Stand downhill end jam packed the smell o baccy barry crack :

“ Duncan I’ve seen better ball control in a man wi ten bairns!”

“ Hamilton you come and stand beside me!”

”Tortolano...for f#@k sake ah just kent he was going to miss that!”

Subs warming up “ Sit doon Ally Scott”

Face up against the wire fence wanting to lynch John MacDonald for diving :greengrin

The auld boys in the West Upper above us stomping their feet and big Frank starting the singing Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

Best memory is Arthur in full flow flying doon the wing 100mph booting the ball past the full back and burning him off for speed “ Open the gates!”

Now it is the West Upper very back row cracking view you can see who is performing and who is no used to be in West Lower couldnae see a thing especially when the ball is down the other end

Special occasions Hospitality free bevvy and scran green leather seats cracking view especially when my work used to pay but now more often than not it is me

we are hibs
12-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Anywhere in the east over anywhere else in the ground

Eyrie
12-04-2020, 09:26 AM
Miss my seat from the 90s in the old North which was level with the edge of the box.

Now have a similar seat at the south end of the stand, but it's not the same when we're shooting down the slope. Maybe I need to look into moving.

weecounty hibby
12-04-2020, 09:34 AM
First place I ever sat was in the old North stand v celtic. Moved to the benches behind the goals and then onto the old North enclosure. Across to the east terracing and then the east stand. Had STs for east, west and FF upper and lower. The seats I have just now in FF upper in the very front row are superb. Having been all round the old and new ground I would say there is no bad place to watch from in the new stadium, it is very well designed and built.

CockneyRebel
12-04-2020, 09:37 AM
My seat - front row West Upper, one away from the black seats. Great view and nobody can stand up in front of me! Moved from the East as it took too long to exit. Had a family ST at the rear of the FF lower until my son moved away to sit with his pals (he prefers the East).

jacomo
12-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Middle of the east

:agree:

Although I am typically nearer the FF stand, further up rather than lower.

overdrive
12-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Front row of the FF Upper. Can’t beat it.

Sudds_1
12-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Middle of the east

Yep...mine is half way up right on the half way line 😁

thorbs
12-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Famous Five Upper

Carheenlea
12-04-2020, 10:21 AM
I’ve had ST’s in FF Upper, West Lower and East, but I do rather like my front row seat in West Upper I’ve had for a number of years now just outside the 18 yard box.

Can’t wait to return.

matty_f
12-04-2020, 10:29 AM
I've got a great seat in the West Upper, row QQ (second from back).

Unfortunately Hibs agreed it was a great seat and pushed the price up this season :greengrin Worth it though, imho.

Keith_M
12-04-2020, 10:41 AM
I'd like to be standing, at the halfway line, on the terracing (preferably with a roof overhead)

zitelli62
12-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Stood up the back of the East ,level with the 18 yard line for years ( near the coo shed end )
Have now been in the FF lower for at least 10 years with the grand kids . But I’d say the best view is in the FF upper .

Sat/stood there for years up the back had to move for tv as they put scaffolding there for tv great place most people knew each other great memories there still see a few at games.

CMurdoch
12-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Yep...mine is half way up right on the half way line 😁

Same position but two thirds up the East :aok:

surreyhibbie
12-04-2020, 01:52 PM

very close to where I always stood, maybe about half way down though...

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2020, 05:01 PM

Anywhere in the FF upper for me, I love the view it gives you ...... Though in the last 30 years I've only been able to sit there for non ST cup matches :confused:

Steven79
12-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Anywhere in the FF upper for me, I love the view it gives you ...... Though in the last 30 years I've only been able to sit there for non ST cup matches :confused:

How come?

SideBurns
12-04-2020, 07:37 PM
I've sat or stood in so many different parts of the ground it's hard to choose. So I won't! However - I spent a few years in the early 80s as a ST holder in the old North Stand. The fitba wis *****, but there were a few characters in there to keep you amused and the foot stamp on the old wooden boards when chanting, "Hibees!" was great.

Iggy Pope
12-04-2020, 07:53 PM

Same.

Broken Gnome
12-04-2020, 08:39 PM
All depends how good or crap we've been. Could never love the East cos my seasons in there ran from 2010 - 2014 and I barely saw us win.

Cowshed as that's where it started.
West Upper North as that's where the good Mowbray/Collins teams made it vital to go each week - for the first time.
West Upper South for the Hearts cup games and Lennon a close third.

Alfred E Newman
12-04-2020, 09:01 PM
I am happy with my seat in the South Lower but nothing compares with standing half way up the terracing at the old north east corner in the auld days. 👌

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2020, 09:27 PM
I am happy with my seat in the South Lower but nothing compares with standing half way up the terracing at the old north east corner in the auld days. 👌

You sit in the away end?

whiskyhibby
12-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Upper west row BB😊

LancashireHibby
12-04-2020, 10:19 PM
When I first started going to ER, I always used to sit in the West Stand as I figured I didn’t want to do an 8 hour round trip to be dodging pillars in the East Terrace. Kind of wish I’d gone with the atmosphere in those days as I ended up only seeing one game from the East Terrace (Scottish Cup game against Irvine Meadow).

When the East was rebuilt, I became a section 43 regular but since the singing section moved I’ve tended to be back in the West. Admittedly on a few occasions that has been because West Lower (towards FF end) is the best spot for dashing for the train. Probably prefer to be near the front of West Upper though. Had a great view on the front row of West Upper for the Killie game in November, even allowing for being virtually on the goal line.

Thinking about it, I’ve sat in both tiers of the West, both tiers of FF Stand, old East and new East plus South Upper while the East was being rebuilt. I might have to go in South Lower for one of the games it is open to Hibs fans just to complete the set.

BILLYHIBS
12-04-2020, 10:24 PM
You sit in the away end?
:faf:

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2020, 10:37 PM
How come?

For all that time the party I have gone to games with has included kids, so I was bound to join them in the FF lower as they took advantage of the cheaper kids rates, which is fair enough. Next season would have been the first time that hasn't been the case and I was looking forward to the FF upper at last.

Trouble is there will still be at least 5 or 6 of us looking to sit together and the chances of that in the FF upper look bleak at best. All down to a number of factors such as how many ST's Hibs sell given the current situation and if everybody I go with is even able to afford to renew, so far I am the only one who has been able to.

Keith_M
13-04-2020, 08:15 AM
For all that time the party I have gone to games with has included kids, so I was bound to join them in the FF lower as they took advantage of the cheaper kids rates, which is fair enough. Next season would have been the first time that hasn't been the case and I was looking forward to the FF upper at last.

Trouble is there will still be at least 5 or 6 of us looking to sit together and the chances of that in the FF upper look bleak at best. All down to a number of factors such as how many ST's Hibs sell given the current situation and if everybody I go with is even able to afford to renew, so far I am the only one who has been able to.

I'd imagine that there'll be enough seats for your group to sit together after the renewal deadline.

chasitup
13-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Not somewhere to sit but in the old East Terracing when it was covered, on the halfway line under the tv gantry. My mate and I would stand in front of the crush barrier. Some great celebrations and some atmosphere in there.

One Day
14-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Been sitting in the FF Lower since it opened, used to it now

hibbyfraelibby
14-04-2020, 12:05 PM
I started in the Cowshed, progressed the North Enclosure both standing, then got a job and could afford North Wing Stand seat.

My favourite though has to be the West Lower behind the away dug out just for the sheer entertainment of being able to watch the game and the benches and participate in the, ahem, "banter".