PDA

View Full Version : SPFL The vote

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

jingler1954
11-04-2020, 08:08 AM
It looks like Dundee are going to put some lower league sides out of business if the payments are held back for any length of time.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Soon to be known as the Dundee effect?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
11-04-2020, 08:44 AM
So, as far as I understand it, Dundee are withholding their vote but they're also one of only six clubs that actually have insurance to cover the financial effects of the pandemic.

So they're safe from financial collapse but seem to be willing to watch other clubs go to the wall.... presumably because they're unhappy there won't be a playoff for promotion (though that part is just a guess)

Phil MaGlass
11-04-2020, 08:48 AM
Why not have the SPFL come back and say youmcan only vote for your respective leagues?

Since452
11-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Dundee have gone right down in my estimations. Glad they're in the song.

WestStandMoaner
11-04-2020, 08:54 AM
So, as far as I understand it, Dundee are withholding their vote but they're also one of only six clubs that actually have insurance to cover the financial effects of the pandemic.

So they're safe from financial collapse but seem to be willing to watch other clubs go to the wall.... presumably because they're unhappy there won't be a playoff for promotion (though that part is just a guess)

Scottish football is a joke we are waiting on one club holding the rest of Scottish football from moving on a proper deadline should have been set. Dundee if they want can keep this going for the next 27 days or so.

Whatever happens it is now time to get rid of Doncaster he is absolutely useless why he remains in his position after the prediction of doom with the sevco affair and now he shows Scottish football he is no leader the man is a complete bell end.

i was all for league reconstruction but now I want sevco and their wee brothers to go bust and in hertz case relegate the f_ _ ckers

new order required

Onion
11-04-2020, 09:05 AM
Scottish football is a joke we are waiting on one club holding the rest of Scottish football from moving on a proper deadline should have been set. Dundee if they want can keep this going for the next 27 days or so.

Whatever happens it is now time to get rid of Doncaster he is absolutely useless why he remains in his position after the prediction of doom with the sevco affair and now he shows Scottish football he is no leader the man is a complete bell end.

i was all for league reconstruction but now I want sevco and their wee brothers to go bust and in hertz case relegate the f_ _ ckers

new order required

Don't think we can blame Doncaster for this one, sadly. Rules were never designed for this type of event and not easy to change. His request for a Yes or No from clubs by 5pm Fri was more than reasonable. This falls squarely on Dundee.

It's nevertheless another great example of why other countries and leagues think Scottish Football is a pub league. We embarrass ourselves.

MacGruber
11-04-2020, 09:06 AM
The no vote from The Rangers to try and stop Celtic's title gloating, a title they would have won anyway. The no vote from Hearts to avoid their own relegation having spent outwith their means again but still managing to be the worst team in the top league for 15 months. The no vote by Dundee to stop their rivals winning a league they have romped and knowing they can ride out the financial storm with insurance. The other few that voted no.
These clubs will put football teams out of business. A death knell for a host of lower league teams by most onlookers estimates.
On Hearts forum they are openly hoping for clubs to go to the wall - hoping the delay will kill clubs along with their history and place in Scottish football communities so that they can enjoy league reconstruction and keep their ill deserved top flight status.

It's disgusting.

Hibs stand to drop a place in the league. We stand to drop prize money and take the financials on the chin of the Derby gates being missing next season. Voting yes hurts us but we did so for the greater good of Scottish football. We did it because it was the right thing to do. We did it because we don't want to see any club in this country go to the wall.

Proud to be a Hibee as always.

Radium
11-04-2020, 09:15 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200411/12c7411f52095162abcf9a3f445f6612.jpg

If they have signed and dated it submit it. Be really surprised if they can get an 11-1 vote for league reconstruction, particularly with the tactics they are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
11-04-2020, 09:20 AM
The no vote from The Rangers to try and stop Celtic's title gloating, a title they would have won anyway. The no vote from Hearts to avoid their own relegation having spent outwith their means again but still managing to be the worst team in the top league for 15 months. The no vote by Dundee to stop their rivals winning a league they have romped and knowing they can ride out the financial storm with insurance. The other few that voted no.
These clubs will put football teams out of business. A death knell for a host of lower league teams by most onlookers estimates.
On Hearts forum they are openly hoping for clubs to go to the wall - hoping the delay will kill clubs along with their history and place in Scottish football communities so that they can enjoy league reconstruction and keep their ill deserved top flight status.

It's disgusting.

Hibs stand to drop a place in the league. We stand to drop prize money and take the financials on the chin of the Derby gates being missing next season. Voting yes hurts us but we did so for the greater good of Scottish football. We did it because it was the right thing to do. We did it because we don't want to see any club in this country go to the wall.

If Hibs were bottom of the league we’d absolutely have voted no. The greater good of Scottish football wouldn’t have come in to our thinking.

In our current position it was a pretty straightforward decision IMO.

RossScott1991
11-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Hearts will survive relegation and they will reconstruct the league into a 14 team league next year. That’s my gut feeling

Argylehibby
11-04-2020, 09:26 AM
Dundee have gone right down in my estimations. Glad they're in the song.

Perhaps their supporters are making the same type of threats about not renewing that ours were if we voted no and kept Hearts up? Did our fans influence how we voted? Many on here were insisting they should so the Dundee Board may just be doing what their fans want just as ours were expected to do.

Aldo
11-04-2020, 09:27 AM
Hearts will survive relegation and they will reconstruct the league into a 14 team league next year. That’s my gut feeling

I don’t think there will be league reconstruction. The new TV deal is based around a 12 team league and 4 OF games a season.

I’m not sure the teams want to dilute the money on offer!

Michael
11-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Dundee are evil geniuses. Had the foresight to take out the insurance policy, now they can sit back and watch all of their rivals go out of business. If Dundee United and ICT go bust then Dundee win the Championship.

Onion
11-04-2020, 09:36 AM
I don’t think there will be league reconstruction. The new TV deal is based around a 12 team league and 4 OF games a season.

Sky might not be averse to swapping 1 OF game for 3 Edin derbies - if that’s the choice in front of them. Then, ack to 10 team Prem from 21/22 ?

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 09:41 AM
Sky might not be averse to swapping 1 OF game for 3 Edin derbies - if that’s the choice in front of them. Then, ack to 10 team Prem from 21/22 ?

I don’t think so

Aldo
11-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Maybe but I’d rather have 4 OF games and no Derbies with that mob in the Championship.

I still think that league reconstruction is the least viable option and as I mentioned in another post I’m not sure clubs would want to dilute the sponsors money (although they would get more if it was 10 teams)

Puddocky
11-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Dundee are evil geniuses. Had the foresight to take out the insurance policy, now they can sit back and watch all of their rivals go out of business. If Dundee United and ICT go bust then Dundee win the Championship.

Dundee have been in and out of administration twice. Both times screwing over their creditors with a CVA settling only a tiny fraction of the debt they had run up. Not a club that operates with any principles other than their own self interest.

GreenCastle
11-04-2020, 09:44 AM
I don’t see anyone winning here.

A delayed vote brings the game into disrepute.

Clubs / fans continue to have no idea what’s happening. Add in all the online nonsense posted.

Clubs will be losing more money..including the huns and wee huns.

Surely they aren’t going to wait the full 28 days (early May to submit it ??).

It’s an own goal from the SPFL realising a single club was going to be able to do this.

Hearts, Rangers and Dundee - all have one thing in common - they have been very badly run in the last few years.

Overall it does make Scottish Football look Mickey Mouse - again get the basics right.

11-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Dundee have been in and out of administration twice. Both times screwing over their creditors with a CVA settling only a tiny fraction of the debt they had run up. Not a club that operates with any principles other than their own self interest.

Ironic that the 3 main teams that'll cause a delay to any payouts therefore potentially making other clubs go bust are the ones who've recently gone bust themselves.

easty
11-04-2020, 10:04 AM

Absolutely.

No reconstruction that means less old firm games is ever going to get the go ahead. TV companies don’t give a **** about the rest of the teams. Viewing figures are what matters to them,

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Dundee have been exceptionally clever as they have played archaic rules to the maximum and are now the power brokers over the entire Scottish football structure.

Firstly they had the genius to take out pandemic insurance so their financial hit is going to be minimal and more importantly it allows them to vote exactly for their best interests totally free of financial constraints.

Voting Yes would mean they have to take on Hearts next year and with all the will in the world they have no chance of beating a team with that level of resources to the one guaranteed place.

Voting No would mean they have chance at league reconstruction and their long aimed for goal of a 14/16 top team league.

Voting No keeps their fan base onside as it rams it right up their already promoted rivals.

So Dundee had every good reason to vote No and sat on their vote until they knew how Inverness had voted.

They were either "got at" late in the afternoon or chose voluntarily to sit on their vote as they could have brought the whole edifice crashing down by one mouse click on the electronic voting system.

Now they can sit back and take phone calls from Celtic, Sevco, the SFA, Hearts and the SPL over the weekend and extract the maximum concessions.

I think its pretty certain they will eventually vote Yes and won't get league reconstruction but we will never know what else they extracted so they have played their cards absolutely brilliantly.

Radium
11-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Sky may not be averse to Scottish football making such a mess of the situation that they breach a future contract causing it to be renegotiated.

GreenCastle
11-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Ironic that the 3 main teams that'll cause a delay to any payouts therefore potentially making other clubs go bust are the ones who've recently gone bust themselves.

Yup.

Self interest..

where'stheslope
11-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Dundee have been exceptionally clever as they have played archaic rules to the maximum and are now the power brokers over the entire Scottish football structure.

Firstly they had the genius to take out pandemic insurance so their financial hit is going to be minimal and more importantly it allows them to vote exactly for their best interests totally free of financial constraints.

Voting Yes would mean they have to take on Hearts next year and with all the will in the world they have no chance of beating a team with that level of resources to the one guaranteed place.

Voting No would mean they have chance at league reconstruction and their long aimed for goal of a 14/16 top team league.

Voting No keeps their fan base onside as it rams it right up their already promoted rivals.

So Dundee had every good reason to vote No and sat on their vote until they knew how Inverness had voted.

They were either "got at" late in the afternoon or chose voluntarily to sit on their vote as they could have brought the whole edifice crashing down by one mouse click on the electronic voting system.

Now they can sit back and take phone calls from Celtic, Sevco, the SFA, Hearts and the SPL over the weekend and extract the maximum concessions.

I think its pretty certain they will eventually vote Yes and we will never know what they extracted but they have played their cards absolutely brilliantly.
According to the SPFL rules, they have one month to announce their vote.
Not the 7 days that all clubs were given to get their vote in by?
Although the 7 days was given for a reason, it was not voted for by the Clubs so is not binding?
The state that football now finds its self in, will end up making massive changes throughout all clubs no matter how rich or poor they are.
It could finally see a leveller playing field for all by capping salaries of players!!!

Potty78
11-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Dundee will make announcement on the 3rd of may and be read out by Albert Kidd👍

Onion
11-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Sky may not be averse to Scottish football making such a mess of the situation that they breach a future contract causing it to be renegotiated.

Sure Sky didn't allow for Hearts being relegated when they signed up, losing 4 huge derbies and potentially some of the biggest games of the season. IMO they'd agree to reconstruction as long as there was a convoluted way of getting their 4 OF games squeezed in.

Keith_M
11-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Given Dundee's current stance and the potential consequences, this suddenly came to mind.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV-cPQTscWbRBYpIWpRHI9h6MgjqRm-rCEE-VdG4x5QriFgsgF

tamig
11-04-2020, 11:01 AM

I think its pretty certain they will eventually vote Yes and won't get league reconstruction but we will never know what else they extracted so they have played their cards absolutely brilliantly.

If Dundee are relying on an insurance payout to survive this crisis they may be in for a shock. There are very few policies covering pandemics and those that do cost a fortune. Wimbledon and The Open have cover as they both insisted on having in written into their policy conditions - but at huge cost.

I’d be very surprised if Dundee had anything like this. Especially when you consider how poorly they’ve run their business in recent times.

Onion
11-04-2020, 11:05 AM

No irony to it. They're far and away the worst run clubs in Scotland, who have been appeased and propped up by the rest for far too long.

Maybe help them with their breakaway league, so the adults can get on with running football in a proper manner. We'll even throw in Doncaster :aok:.

HFC93
11-04-2020, 11:06 AM
What's the long game here for Dundee? Null and void the season, stopping Dundee Utd getting promoted? Presumably if the SPFL go for a 14 team league they will miss out on that. I'm totally lost.

H18 SFR
11-04-2020, 11:07 AM
If Dundee are relying on an insurance payout to survive this crisis they may be in for a shock. There are very few policies covering pandemics and those that do cost a fortune. Wimbledon and The Open have cover as they both insisted on having in written into their policy conditions - but at huge cost.

I’d be very surprised if Dundee had anything like this. Especially when you consider how poorly they’ve run their business in recent times.

Are they not already on the record as saying they have it and they intend to refund this year's season tickets to fans?

danhibees1875
11-04-2020, 11:11 AM
What's the long game here for Dundee? Null and void the season, stopping Dundee Utd getting promoted? Presumably if the SPFL go for a 14 team league they will miss out on that. I'm totally lost.

I would have thought they're first hope would be that in 4-6 weeks time they could have closed door playoff's organised.
Failing that, some sort of agreement to help out the club's negatively impacted.
Thirdly, just a GIRUY to Utd.

I'm not sure there's anything for them to gain from voting yes right now. :dunno:

Or a reconstruction to 16/18, as remote a possibility as that would be.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 11:12 AM
I would have thought they're first hope would be that in 4-6 weeks time they could have closed door playoff's organised.
Failing that, some sort of agreement to help out the club's negatively impacted.
Thirdly, just a GIRUY to Utd.

I'm not sure there's anything for them to gain from voting yes right now. :dunno:

There’s no way we’ll be playing football in 4/6 weeks

danhibees1875
11-04-2020, 11:14 AM
There’s no way we’ll be playing football in 4/6 weeks

We don't know for sure, but that's why I hedged my bets and said organised.

If the rates are falling and we've got a grip of testing by then - and I think we should tick both those boxes in 4 weeks - then the prospect of a new exit strategy for the leagues seems a lot more likely.

They'd be silly not to at least wait and see I think.

Brightside
11-04-2020, 11:19 AM

If the rates are falling and we've got a grip of testing by then - and I think we should tick both those boxes in 4 weeks - then the prospect of a new exit strategy for the leagues seems a lot more likely.

SFA have already banned any football until early June. Including training.

Aldo
11-04-2020, 11:23 AM

I’d be very surprised if we were out of lockdown in that time let alone playing football.

We have yet to hit any sort of peak with this terrible pandemic. The rates are not falling and if the last 24 hours is anything to go by (UK had 980 deaths) then we should or could potentially be looking at full lockdown.

Then it’s the important part (it’s all important imho) how we come out this and prevent a further pandemic and not get complacent (hopefully we won’t). If we start the season in August I’d be very surprised.

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 11:23 AM

Yes we do. It was all decided last week.

There is no organised football until 10th June and then the medical people have said a further a 6 weeks until you can play competitively.

So no league can restart until at earliset late July but realistically the normal start date of 1st August.

That's why there has been a vote.

HFC93
11-04-2020, 11:26 AM

I can't see. If a player in a closed door match breaks his leg he would require an ambulance. I don't think they could justify diverting NHS resources, which will still be stretched even if things are improving.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Are they not already on the record as saying they have it and they intend to refund this year's season tickets to fans?They could well have cover for specific contingencies like this but the whole cost of the event? Unconditionally? Highly unlikely

Coach Jon
11-04-2020, 11:29 AM

Scottish Government Sports Minister Joe FitzPatrick stated that these restrictions were unlikely to be lifted for at least 13 weeks and that NHS Scotland had been placed on an emergency footing until at least 10 June 2020. Mr FitzPatrick indicated that no group training would be permitted before the legal restrictions are lifted and noted the medical advice that competitive matches could not take place for about six weeks after training and conditioning recommenced.“This was consistent with the advice of the Scottish FA’s Medical Consultant, as well as UEFA’s confirmation on a recent videoconference that its fixture calendar working group was now looking at dates beyond June 2020 for the resumption of its competitions across Europe.”

danhibees1875
11-04-2020, 11:30 AM
SFA have already banned any football until early June. Including training.

To you and the others who pointed that out, I'd forgotten that had happened. :greengrin

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 11:30 AM
To be honest they had voted against it but backed out in the last minute. They deserve some slack here unlike gimps like ICT.

munchar
11-04-2020, 11:37 AM
I don’t know why the SFA don’t just explain that the Sky deal is worth millions to Scottish football, & we have to start asap for the contract to be valid. It’s nobody’s fault that we can’t play football just now. I don’t know what Dundee & probably Inverness have to gain voting no? They only had a chance of going up through play offs, & even then, weren’t guaranteed a play off spot. Hearts, Patrick & Stranraer understandably trying to save themselves from relegation, but all 3 put themselves in this position. League table doesn’t lie. The Rangers?? Well nothing they do surprises me. Whatever happens, they’ll finish 2nd. Don’t see what they’re trying to achieve with their demands. Who are they trying to blame for the football being stopped? It’s the government taking advice from world Heath organisations that decide, not the SFA. Once again, our proud club have stepped up to the plate. Sacrificing £130,000 with losing a league placing, as well as the chance of qualifying for Europe through league placings. All for the good of the game as a whole in Scotland. Now that’s sporting integrity.

A Hi-Bee
11-04-2020, 11:44 AM
I don’t know why the SFA don’t just explain that the Sky deal is worth millions to Scottish football, & we have to start asap for the contract to be valid. It’s nobody’s fault that we can’t play football just now. I don’t know what Dundee & probably Inverness have to gain voting no? They only had a chance of going up through play offs, & even then, weren’t guaranteed a play off spot. Hearts, Patrick & Stranraer understandably trying to save themselves from relegation, but all 3 put themselves in this position. League table doesn’t lie. The Rangers?? Well nothing they do surprises me. Whatever happens, they’ll finish 2nd. Don’t see what they’re trying to achieve with their demands. Who are they trying to blame for the football being stopped? It’s the government taking advice from world Heath organisations that decide, not the SFA. Once again, our proud club have stepped up to the plate. Sacrificing £130,000 with losing a league placing, as well as the chance of qualifying for Europe through league placings. All for the good of the game as a whole in Scotland. Now that’s sporting integrity.

What they all gonna do if no football can be played before end of September/October as many of the experts are saying.

tamig
11-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Are they not already on the record as saying they have it and they intend to refund this year's season tickets to fans?

There are a lot of insurance experts debating what’s covered and what’s not in the current climate. A lot of huge organisations don’t have clarity yet. I’d be very surprised if an organisation the size of Dundee have that clarity at this stage.

hhibs
11-04-2020, 11:57 AM
They could well have cover for specific contingencies like this but the whole cost of the event? Unconditionally? Highly unlikely

Indeed,and,would the insurers not be able to argue that Dundee FC have actually deliberately contributed to the costs of the clain possibly making the claim null and void ?

Certainly cannot see any insurance company taking this on the chin without a possibly expensive legal battle ,involving time and money that Dundee just will not have.

EI255
11-04-2020, 11:59 AM
It looks like Dundee are going to put some lower league sides out of business if the payments are held back for any length of time.They will get it tight for years to come. Hope they realise it.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 12:00 PM
They will get it tight for years to come. Hope they realise it.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

So should Inverness even more so then.

neil7908
11-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Perhaps their supporters are making the same type of threats about not renewing that ours were if we voted no and kept Hearts up? Did our fans influence how we voted? Many on here were insisting they should so the Dundee Board may just be doing what their fans want just as ours were expected to do.

This. Our fans were outraged that our board may have even been considering a vote that would be seen to help our neighbours across the road. There was talk about not renewing season tickets etc to put real pressure on the club.

And now we are upset that Dundee are voting in their fans interest.

The one thing this whole situation has exposed is any idea of "common good" doest exist in Scottish football. It's a zero sum game with too much history and tribalism.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Indeed,and,would the insurers not be able to argue that Dundee FC have actually deliberately contributed to the costs of the clain possibly making the claim null and void ?

Certainly cannot see any insurance company taking this on the chin without a possibly expensive legal battle ,involving time and money that Dundee just will not have.If the insurers had a fairly common condition regarding the duty to take reasonable steps to mitigate/minimise the loss then you could expect them to say to Dundee that some of the losses you are claiming for won't be incurred if you take certain actions that will assist the SPFL getting the income to you.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 12:12 PM
This. Our fans were outraged that our board may have even been considering a vote that would be seen to help our neighbours across the road. There was talk about not renewing season tickets etc to put real pressure on the club.

The one thing this whole situation has exposed is any idea of "common good" doest exist in Scottish football. It's a zero sum game with too much history and tribalism.

The difference is there is no real reason in all fairness for us to vote against the proposal. There is no real reason for Inverness or Dundee to vote against it either. A shot at the playoff for one of them maybe in expense of teams going to the wall? Void the season they are still down there. There’s no chance of reconstruction. What’s the point?

KeithTheHibby
11-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Don't think we can blame Doncaster for this one, sadly. Rules were never designed for this type of event and not easy to change. His request for a Yes or No from clubs by 5pm Fri was more than reasonable. This falls squarely on Dundee.

It's nevertheless another great example of why other countries and leagues think Scottish Football is a pub league. We embarrass ourselves.

You cannot blame Doncaster for the way the vote went however he has surely overseen and agreed to the release of the vote to the public?! Totally unforgivable and it appears to leave Dundee holding the power to decide the fate of the season! What kind of democracy is that?! He can GTF, the man has been a disaster since the huns went pop in 2012.

FWIW I don't blame the way Inverness voted, they are currently second and will look at league reconstruction as an avenue to get promoted. I have no idea what Dundee could be thinking.

munchar
11-04-2020, 12:21 PM
You cannot blame Doncaster for the way the vote went however he has surely overseen and agreed to the release of the vote to the public?! Totally unforgivable and it appears to leave Dundee holding the power to decide the fate of the season! What kind of democracy is that?! He can GTF, the man has been a disaster since the huns went pop in 2012.

FWIW I don't blame the way Inverness voted, they are currently second and will look at league reconstruction as an avenue to get promoted. I have no idea what Dundee could be thinking.

Again, Caley “maybe” had a chance to go up. Would’ve still been very difficult to do so. They must be desperate on prize money & a seasons end to balance the books also, or even just survival. Don’t see the SFA bailing out teams financially until Sky money starts coming in next season also.

Argylehibby
11-04-2020, 12:28 PM

The second thing it proves is fan ownership just doesn't work. Roll on the time when FOH get control and they run the club with the sole intention of doing what's worst for us and paying back any club that's "done" them in the past.

Just Alf
11-04-2020, 12:33 PM
If the insurers had a fairly common condition regarding the duty to take reasonable steps to mitigate/minimise the loss then you could expect them to say to Dundee that some of the losses you are claiming for won't be incurred if you take certain actions that will assist the SPFL getting the income to you.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkThis in a nutshell... If Dundee have a choice that avoids the need to claim and one that takes them down the road of making a claim they'd be extremely lucky to get anything at all from an insurer in the 2nd case especially just now where insurers themselves are creaking and will use every opportunity to avoid a pay out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
11-04-2020, 12:44 PM
This in a nutshell... If Dundee have a choice that avoids the need to claim and one that takes them down the road of making a claim they'd be extremely lucky to get anything at all from an insurer in the 2nd case especially just now where insurers themselves are creaking and will use every opportunity to avoid a pay out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They don't really need to look to hard for the opportunity if the conditions there as it's pretty obvious that there's no loss if the means to get what you're claiming for is there but you choose not to take it.

Fingers crossed.[emoji16]

PH91
11-04-2020, 12:53 PM
Dundee and ICT are in a playoff spot so are quite rightly not accepting calling the leagues at the first time of asking as long as they feel they can manage financially, something only they know.

If Hibs were sitting in 5th a point off a european spot I'll bet there would be a difference of opinion from quite a few on here.

green day
11-04-2020, 12:58 PM
Dundee and ICT are in a playoff spot so are quite rightly not accepting calling the leagues at the first time of asking as long as they feel they can manage financially, something only they know.

If Hibs were sitting in 5th a point off a european spot I'll bet there would be a difference of opinion from quite a few on here.

Only if they were delusional and thought we could actually complete the season, including playoffs between the last week in July and the beginning of the new season with lots of clubs not actually having contracted players in place.

Apart from those wee niggles, aye............

Aldo
11-04-2020, 01:00 PM

I’m going to disagree with you on your last paragraph. Mathematically we can or could still finish in 3/4/5/6 so Europe is/was still viable.

One point, 5 points 10 points makes little or no difference as there would be no guarantee we would get the points required.

All if buts and maybes imho!

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 01:03 PM

There’s as much chance of us finishing 3rd or 4th than Dundee being promoted via the playoffs.

Rumble de Thump
11-04-2020, 01:09 PM
There was a very good chance of Dundee not even finishing in a play off spot.

PH91
11-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Only if they were delusional and thought we could actually complete the season, including playoffs between the last week in July and the beginning of the new season with lots of clubs not actually having contracted players in place.

Apart from those wee niggles, aye............

We all know that the games are unlikely to be played but it has not yet been confirmed.

Until someone has the balls (primarily uefa who have made things very difficult with their statement) to definitively say the season is over and games cannot be played then clubs will use it to try and negotiate their own position, especially ict and dundee who will feel the most hard done by (along with those facing relegation).

greenginger
11-04-2020, 01:13 PM
https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

are Dundee suggesting next years income should be used to top up teams lost incomes from this season ?

rossevenil
11-04-2020, 01:33 PM
Jeez made the mistake of listening briefly to Sportsound....poor Hearts its not fair on them to be relegated,reconstruction is the only way with no relegation.....forget the fact they basically "stole" prize money
in the past by having squads they actually couldn`t afford and have been the worst team in the premier league for the last 12months....talk about a love in!

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Struggling to believe the ICT chairman we voted on the principle of not relegating other clubs. He used to be at Hearts did he not.

we are hibs
11-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Scott Gardiner is an absolute moron. Doesnt want redundancies at hearts or partick but his no vote may lead to hundreds of staff at lower league clubs being laid off.

Jim44
11-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Scott Gardiner is an absolute moron. Doesnt want redundancies at hearts or partick but his no vote may lead to hundreds of staff at lower league clubs being laid off.

He’s just excused himself from the programme as he has to take his dog for a pee. 🤣

Joe6-2
11-04-2020, 02:09 PM

Not with they’re love in with all things hun

Jim44
11-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Rangers have just released a statement criticising recent events and have called for the suspension of Doncaster and his legal top guy while an investigation takes place.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Rangers have just released a statement criticising recent events and have called for the suspension of Doncaster and his legal top guy while an investigation takes place.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-football-club-statement/

Budge’s statement will be along soon too

mcfly
11-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Whole thing is a farce.

Scottish football is run by fools.

This season has to be finished. So next season cannot starts until this is complete. Otherwise this is a sham and will forever be complained about or conspiracy theorists have an agenda against their club.

People paid money fir 19 home games that’s not happening and fans of all clubs are assumed to be writing this money off. Am I right?

I’ve not heard season ticket holders mentioned once by any club

Whole thing is embarrassing and Doncaster must go

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 02:15 PM
Rangers just release statement saying whistleblower has given them info showing evidence of Spfl process not even handed and have called for Donkey to resign. What a shambles.

Springbank
11-04-2020, 02:15 PM

He just admitted to collusion to put clubs out of business (or at least to deny them prize money, their only realistic income this side of autumn)

And he left ICT sounding like a pretty credulous naive organisation all at the same time

Frazerbob
11-04-2020, 02:16 PM
The ICT guy, Scott Gardiner, is a former board member at both Hearts & Dundee. He’s allegedly the guy who forgot to order the seats for the new bus shelter 😂

Springbank
11-04-2020, 02:18 PM
Whole thing is a farce.

This season has to be finished. So next season cannot starts until this is complete. Otherwise this is a sham and will forever be complained about or conspiracy theorists have an agenda against their club.

People paid money fir 19 home games that’s not happening and fans of all clubs are assumed to be writing this money off. Am I right?

Hibs can afford to do what you suggest (ie wait it out & complete the season in the autumn)

Hearts cant afford to

Rangers cant afford to

They both need the prize money to survive

But you dont get prize money without prizes (and relegations)

It should be a lesson to run their business better in future.

GreenCastle
11-04-2020, 02:20 PM
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-football-club-statement/

Budge’s statement will be along soon too

Wow - this could get tasty.

Oscar T Grouch
11-04-2020, 02:22 PM
If anyone is still on the huns site can you copy and paste the statement as the site has crashed or is slowed to a stop now. :greengrin

Got in and here it is

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

ElginHibbie
11-04-2020, 02:23 PM
I refuse to take any ‘statement’ from Rangers seriously, will wait and see if any other club backs up the ‘evidence’

Eyrie
11-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Whole thing is a farce.

Why does this season have to be finished by playing the remaining games in August and possibly September instead of finishing it now?
How are you going to force players who are out of contract on 31 May to play for their existing clubs until the outstanding games are completed?
When are you planning on starting next season?
How will you fit in all of next season's games before next summer's European Championship?
How will your decision about next season's schedule affect the new TV deal with Sky?
etc

Anyone advocating playing the remainder of this season needs to be able to explain all of the above to demonstrate that they have actually thought through what they are saying. We'd all love to complete this season on the pitch but there are serious practical obstacles to be overcome.

bringbackbenny
11-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Rangers just release statement saying whistleblower has given them info showing evidence of Spfl process not even handed and have called for Donkey to resign. What a shambles.

If Rangers released a statement advising grass is green I'd open my window to check.

BroxburnHibee
11-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Statement league is a 2 horse race again I see :greengrin

Hibs90
11-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Just me that doesn't believe a word of the Sevco statement?

Like, how easy would it be to fake an e-mail conversation. Unless they've got voice recordings. Then that would be tasty.

weecounty hibby
11-04-2020, 02:27 PM
It's total bull**** made to appease the knuckle draggers. Why not just show the evidence and let everyone decide. Just the usual bull**** from the one club who has in my 46 years of watching Hibs has been given special treatment from the football authorities, media and police. They are a joke. Wish they would just **** off.

Jim44
WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

Widhibs
Listening to Sportsound. Obviously hope Dundee vote Yes now but the whole thing a ****ing shambles. Really the first No vote should stand irrespective of being stopped by a firewall. Every silver lining though :-)

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 02:28 PM
Just me that doesn't believe a word of the Sevco statement?

Like, how easy would it be to fake an e-mail conversation. Unless they've got voice recordings. Then that would be tasty.

Stewart Roberson is on the SPFL board, so he’s criticising himself and his club

Joe6-2
11-04-2020, 02:30 PM
It's total bull**** made to appease the knuckle draggers. Why not just show the evidence and let everyone decide. Just the usual bull**** from the one club who has in my 46 years of watching Hibs has been given special treatment from the football authorities, media and police. They are a joke. Wish they would just **** off.

This, absolutely sick of that lot, as I was with they’re first incarnation

Barney McGrew
11-04-2020, 02:33 PM
You’d think Rangers would give the statements a rest on a holiday weekend, eh :faf:

They just can’t help themselves

G B Young
11-04-2020, 02:35 PM

:agree: They are a laughable institution.

Just what the world needs right now, Sevco stirring up another storm over some petty, perceived injustice.

erin go bragh
11-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Remember it was Dundee that got shafted by Hearts in season 13-14 . Holding off going into administration until the next season .
Maybe Dundee thought ICT would be voting yes and it wouldn’t matter if they voted no . But when ICT voted no . 😉
Always had a wee soft spot for Dundee ,funnily enough since about 86 .

Jim44
11-04-2020, 02:43 PM
For the avoidance of doubt ( now there’s a topical phrase to use )🤣, I would have hoped for a ‘yes’ vote yesterday. Listening to the discussion on Sportsound, it would appear that Dundee actually did say ‘no’, their email did not arrive at the SFA but another arrived one saying they did not want their ‘no’ to be registered. That sequence of events is ‘iffy’ sounding but what I can’t understand is why they changed from ‘no’ to saying they did not want their vote to be registered in the space of minutes or one hour.

JimBHibees
The ICT guy, Scott Gardiner, is a former board member at both Hearts & Dundee. He’s allegedly the guy who forgot to order the seats for the new bus shelter 😂

He also mistakenly said Hearts in a couple of places maybe Freudian slip.

we are hibs
Have any of these morons who have voted no actually come up with an alternative other than ending it as it is? The league cannot be voided. The season cannot be completed. So what do the brains trust at the likes of rangers actually want us all to do? Handing out the money and not having champions/promotion/relegation is absurd.

Heisenberg
11-04-2020, 02:45 PM
So apparently Dundee sent their vote but it was stopped by the firewall used by the SPFL? Sounds like nonesense to me. If that was the case the email would be easy to access and could be retrieved.

The SPFL board and this whole process have been a shambles though. Deciding to publish the votes yesterday before they had all been received was mental.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-04-2020, 02:46 PM
Have any of these morons who have voted no actually come up with an alternative other than ending it as it is? The league cannot be voided. The season cannot be completed. So what do the brains trust at the likes of rangers actually want us all to do? Handing out the money and not having champions/promotion/relegation is absurd.

Well said

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Listening to Sportsound. Obviously hope Dundee vote Yes now but the whole thing a ****ing shambles. Really the first No vote should stand irrespective of being stopped by a firewall. Every silver lining though :-)

Tom English and Michael Stewart (not exactly unbiased in favour of Hearts) along with the ICT chairman (ex jambo board member) all winding each other up to a crescendo as to how unfair it is relegating Hearts and Partick. Willie Miller the voice of reason and the Forfar Chairman pulled them down off their perches.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-04-2020, 02:47 PM
So do we know when Dundee will submit their official final vote?!

Baring any spam inbox issues...

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 02:48 PM
I refuse to take any ‘statement’ from Rangers seriously, will wait and see if any other club backs up the ‘evidence’

Agree how they can accuse anyone else of bullying is very ironic.

Spike Mandela
Rangers now demanding an immediate investigation into the handling of this vote and the suspensionof Doncaster.

The tail now is truly wagging the dog again in Scottish football.

green day
He also mistakenly said Hearts in a couple of places maybe Freudian slip.

He was almost in tears talking about Hearts relegation.

Lets see if the Huns really have any dirt on Doncaster

Jim44
11-04-2020, 02:49 PM
Remember it was Dundee that got shafted by Hearts in season 13-14 . Holding off going into administration until the next season .
Maybe Dundee thought ICT would be voting yes and it wouldn’t matter if they voted no . But when ICT voted no . 😉
Always had a wee soft spot for Dundee ,funnily enough since about 86 .

Listening to the ICT owner, he made it clear that all the Championship clubs were in close contact up until the deadline and knew how each was going to vote. He received an assurance from Dundee that they were going to vote ‘no. What happened to change that?

HFC93
11-04-2020, 02:49 PM
Rangers love a statement.

ekhibee
11-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Sportsound is a complete waste of time. I don't trust, believe or agree with anything English says, and I'd like to know just where Stewart gets his information that most of the clubs were pressurised into voting for the proposal. I'm totally against league reconstruction and any of the drivel that comes from Ibrox. Scott Gardiner just waffled a lot of nonsense.

Believe me, there's absolutely no way Hearts will be relegated whether it's fair or not.

Sorry, but listening to that rubbish just put me right off. Hopefully I'll know better next time. And I've not forgotten that there's considerably more important things going on in the world just now, with far more serious consequences than anything that happens in Scottish football.

steviehibsleith
11-04-2020, 02:52 PM
So apparently Dundee sent their vote but it was stopped by the firewall used by the SPFL? Sounds like nonesense to me. If that was the case the email would be easy to access and could be retrieved.

The SPFL board and this whole process have been a shambles though. Deciding to publish the votes yesterday before they had all been received was mental.

You send a email without a subject line then it’s blocked at my work
Interesting that no one queried Hearts lost email which they sent at 12 and had to resend.

That being said Dundee and SPL are hiding something as they could have just resent it correctly

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 02:53 PM

Sounds like nonsense to me also. We do have modern email systems in this country. Assume there would be an error message would bounce back to them if that was the case.

Dundee's silence is very odd. Get the yes vote in and end this farce.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Scott Gardiner making out he done it to stop teams being relegated when he’s only really interest in Inverness going up.

weecounty hibby
11-04-2020, 02:55 PM
It is very telling that of the 5 big clubs in Scotland, Hibs, celtic, huns, Aberdeen and hearts the two making all the noise are the two who have been so badly managed in the past that they have both gone tits up. Both have a massive sense of entitlement and believe they are the be all and end all of Scottish football. Hibs have been very professional and voted in the best interests of all. Aberdeen have been the same. Celtic have been very quiet. **** the huns and the mini huns

Springbank
I suspect both hearts & rangers NEED this resolution to pass.

They just needed a third party to blame, for the optics, as far as the fans were concerned.

Hence Hearts didnt vote until they knew it was out their hands.

Truth is, financially, they need Dundee to vote yes now

Jim44
Interesting that no one queried Hearts lost email which they sent at 12 and had to resend.

That being said Dundee and SPL are hiding something as they could have just resent it correctly

Exactly. That would have closed the whole issue. Mind you, as a ‘yes’ sympathiser, I am pleased that the issue is still alive.

Swedish hibee
11-04-2020, 03:00 PM
The whole thing is an utter shambles. Just give clubs the money and wait until we all know better is what I think is right.. even though my opinion won't be popular on here!

green day
11-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Sportsound solution seemed to be "give out some of the money just now until we know what is happening and reconstruct the league"

Scott Gardner was a waste of space.

The Forfar boy was a breath of fresh air, confirmed that the money was less relevant to them than knowing who would be in their league next year in order that they can budget etc.

Willie Miller tried to bring that point to the fore, but was consistently shouted down by English and Stewart.

A Hi-Bee
11-04-2020, 03:01 PM

The huns release a statement telling us all that we have to have an INDEPENDENT INQUIRY **** can you even have this in a sentence I mean Independent Inquiry and Sevco just don’t go together does it?

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 03:03 PM

Sounds like both Hearts and Dundee were deliberately submitting votes late so they would then know what the position of the vote was.

Spike Mandela
11-04-2020, 03:04 PM
The fact Petrie Dempster, Doncaster et al ‘moved on’ at such great speed from holding the independent inquiry into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal which would have uncovered the murky depth that the authorities and their Rangers cohorts within the SFA went to , to cover it up is now well and truly coming back to bite them on the arse.

Doing Rangers bidding was a big f***ing mistake.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Scott Gardiner making out he done it to stop teams being relegated when he’s only really interest in Inverness going up.

My thought also ridiculous he wasn't pulled up about that. He was trying to make out he was some sort of footballing Dalia Lama.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 03:12 PM
The fact Petrie Dempster, Doncaster et al ‘moved on’ at such great speed from holding the independent inquiry into the SFA’s handling of the EBT scandal which would have uncovered the murky depth that the authorities and their Rangers cohorts within the SFA went to , to cover it up is now well and truly coming back to bite them on the arse.

Doing Rangers bidding was a big f***ing mistake.

It wasn't only Rangers though it was every club including Celtic even though they would dispute it.

mcfly
11-04-2020, 03:12 PM
Why does this season have to be finished by playing the remaining games in August and possibly September instead of finishing it now?
How are you going to force players who are out of contract on 31 May to play for their existing clubs until the outstanding games are completed?
How will you fit in all of next season's games before next summer's European Championship?
How will your decision about next season's schedule affect the new TV deal with Sky?
etc

Anyone advocating playing the remainder of this season needs to be able to explain all of the above to demonstrate that they have actually thought through what they are saying. We'd all love to complete this season on the pitch but there are serious practical obstacles to be overcome.

Stuff next season

It’s about this season... is it just forgotten about?

What are other leagues going? England champ wants to get finished in 58 days

All clubs and players around the world are the same - why the clamour to end now?

Oh and u never answered my question about season ticket holders of all clubs.... just forgotten about but please buy one fir next season whenever that may begin.

Some of us may not have jobs pal

bingo70
11-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Stuff next season

It’s about this season... is it just forgotten about?

What are other leagues going? England champ wants to get finished in 58 days

All clubs and players around the world are the same - why the clamour to end now?

Oh and u never answered my question about season ticket holders of all clubs.... just forgotten about but please buy one fir next season whenever that may begin.

Some of us may not have jobs pal

New tv deal starts 1st august, we need to start as close to that as possible for the tv money.

The euros are on next summer so we can’t extend the season next year.

Players contracts running out.

Clubs running out of money.

UEFA will want to start planning for the champions and Europa leagues

There’s no certainty we will be able to play again in a few months anyway.

Just some of the reasons why this season needs to be brought to a conclusion one way or another shortly.

This season isn’t finishing, I’m amazed that clubs are even considering that as a possibility.

munchar
11-04-2020, 03:24 PM
etc

Think it’s time UEFA & or the government put a stop to this. Nobody can say when football can be played again. There’s much more important things going on in life. The only possible outcome may be playing behind closed doors, IF players were comfortable doing this. Most probably squads will be depleted as out of contract, & even if offered an extension, won’t risk getting injured & costing them a contract elsewhere. How The Rangers can gain anything from this is baffling. Hopefully there can be an amicable solution for all of Scottish football. And Hearts still go down!!

Spike Mandela
11-04-2020, 03:25 PM
It wasn't only Rangers though it was every club including Celtic even though they would dispute it.

What do you mean:confused:

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 03:32 PM
What do you mean:confused:

All clubs wanted to move on and ignore the past misdemeanours.

where'stheslope
11-04-2020, 03:34 PM
New tv deal starts 1st august, we need to start as close to that as possible for the tv money.

The euros are on next summer so we can’t extend the season next year.

Players contracts running out.

Clubs running out of money.

UEFA will want to start planning for the champions and Europa leagues

There’s no certainty we will be able to play again in a few months anyway.

Just some of the reasons why this season needs to be brought to a conclusion one way or another shortly.

This season isn’t finishing, I’m amazed that clubs are even considering that as a possibility.
Your right in what you say, but I think to cover everything you say means we have to restructure the leagues to maybe 14 teams, playing twice and still play the Scottish Cup.
No good way of solving it, but a late season start has to mean less games to be played.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2020, 03:34 PM

It's disgusting.

Lets face it mate. Football the whole world over is participated in and run by self serving assholes who couldn't give a rats arse about what's good for the game or the fans for that matter .. From the club giants carving up European football to ensure they could always dominate it to FIFA handing world cups to socially under developed patches of desert without even a football league it has always been that way and it would appear that even a global natural disaster isn't enough to change that mindset.

I keep seeing a lot about 'rules' with folk railing against them coz they don't suit them and others defending and abusing them because they do. It's a stupid stupid man who blindly obeys rules when every sign possible says ignore or change them for the good of the whole over the few ... but then stupid stupid men appears to be football's stock in trade and a resource it seems to have an unlimited supply of.

berwickhibee
11-04-2020, 03:39 PM
"all we ask for is equality and respect"

But in our horrible history we haven't returned the favour.

Equality😁 I'm speechless🤣

Jim44
11-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Prove it with evidence, the SPFL have challenged Rangers. A meeting is scheduled for next week.

Spike Mandela
11-04-2020, 03:58 PM
All clubs wanted to move on and ignore the past misdemeanours.

Not quite all Jim as it was the SPFL that requested the inquiry in the first place. Some clubs broke ranks with unseemly haste including ours.

Whatever the case Jim it still stands that their bowing to Rangers and moving on has come back to bite them on the arse as this noisy little toddler of a club is going to screa and scream and scream til it gets it's way😉

Hibs90
11-04-2020, 04:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVVW4-dX0AI6xwX?format=jpg&name=900x900

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 04:08 PM
The first and last time I’m ever going to say this....’mon the Doncaster.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Deduct the ****s points.

telford hibbee
11-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Agree how they can accuse anyone else of bullying is very ironic.
Exactly my thoughts. BBC springs to mind

Springbank
11-04-2020, 04:12 PM
ICT chairman will DEFINITELY believe it

He believes literally EVERYTHING he sees on whatsapp

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Deduct the ****s points.

Or better still throw the Rangers out of the league. While there at it, maybe they can ask for an independent inquiry into the SPFL and SFAs handling of the EBT scandal.

steviehibsleith
11-04-2020, 04:14 PM
My thought also ridiculous he wasn't pulled up about that. He was trying to make out he was some sort of footballing Dalia Lama.

Agreed also he stated that earlier all three no votes were going to send at the same time to show solidarity but as he had to got to the stadium to send it they decided not too and he submitted his last at 4.52.....
Why so late if your stance was always No just send it

Also why take a picture and Whatsapp it to Patrick and Dundee these twats really don’t trust one another at all.
The one honest guy was the Forfar Chairman who admitted his vote wasn’t for the money now as only due 3 k but if league were ended as per yes vote they would make money having Partick dropping down bringing money. ICT twats were great because they didn’t want any team losing but Forfar guy wanted them down ... honest and that’s football

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 04:18 PM
It is so hard to agree with Sevco and them asking for transparency is breathtakingly ironic however they do have point.

According to Inverness, Dundee said they had voted No at 16:24pm and their club secretary confirmed to Inverness at 16:52pm they had indeed voted No.

The SPFL have said they never received the email.

Inverness asked Dundee to send the No voting email again at 18:00pm but they didn't and instead sent an email at 18:15pm saying disregard our previous vote.

The Inverness director spelt out the timeline from the what's app group the 3 No voting clubs had set up and has proof of times and signatures.

Something happened in that last hour and Sevco horrible as they are rightfully on the warpath.

GreenCastle
11-04-2020, 04:25 PM

Rangers and Hearts should be fined / points deducted for bringing the game into disrepute.

Scottish football has been a mess for a while but the huns using the word equality is hilarious considering the way they often act as a club.

If proven there was an issue maybe not the worst thing as shows up what a mess this has been BUT I still can’t see anything changing regarding the vote and the seasons end.

It won’t be null and void and reconstruction won’t happen / not enough time to play games before possible Europa League / Champions League qualifiers.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 04:26 PM
Or better still throw the Rangers out of the league. While there at it, maybe they can ask for an independent inquiry into the SPFL and SFAs handling of the EBT scandal.

Definitely.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 04:27 PM
It is so hard to agree with Sevco and them asking for transparency is breathtakingly ironic however they do have point.

According to Inverness, Dundee said they had voted No at 16:24pm and their club secretary confirmed to Inverness at 16:52pm they had indeed voted No.

Inverness asked Dundee to send the No voting email again at 18:00pm but they didn't and instead sent an email at 18:15pm saying disregard our previous vote.

The Inverness director spelt out the timeline from the what's app group the 3 No voting clubs had set up and has proof of times and signatures.

Something happened in that last hour and Sevco horrible as they are rightfully on the warpath.

Hertz claim the same that they voted and something technical happened that the spfl didn’t receive it.

Hibeesmad
11-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Why is this such a shambles? People from other nations must be looking in and thinking we are incompetent.

steviehibsleith
11-04-2020, 04:30 PM

Already been said Hearts had issues having to resend 4/5 hours later
Whatever they did in there whatapp group is between them doesn’t prove a email was sent
Perhaps if sending such a important email they should have sent the email from a account with send receive receipt like Office 365, That way you know it was received and opened ... Any emails I send with importance I do no bull**** then I didn’t get it

munchar
11-04-2020, 04:33 PM

It’s got f all to do with Caley what other teams vote. If anything, they’re admitting collaborating together to make sure it’s a no vote. I hope Dundee see they’re being stitched up now & change their vote to yes, as their entitled to do.

Bishop Hibee
11-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Why is this such a shambles? People from other nations must be looking in and thinking we are incompetent.

It’s not so much ‘thinking’ but ‘knowing’ Doncaster and co are incompetent. Good thing the SFA is in good hands with Rodders at the wheel......

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Already been said Hearts had issues having to resend 4/5 hours later
Whatever they did in there whatapp group is between them doesn’t prove a email was sent
Perhaps if sending such a important email they should have sent the email from a account with send receive receipt like Office 365, That way you know it was received and opened ... Any emails I send with importance I do no bull**** then I didn’t get it

All Inverness can do is go on the message of the Dundee secretary who said they voted No at 16:24pm and confirmed it at 16:52pm

Sevco feel they are getting stitched up as no one from Dundee will explain what happened between voting No at 16:24pm to saying disregard our vote at 18:15pm

The non received email just adds to the conspiracy if indeed there was one.

Hard drives are being wiped as we speak.��

Rumble de Thump
11-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Is Sevco's faux outrage just about trying to stop Celtic being awarded another league title, which they were well on their way to winning? Is there anything else they are trying to achieve?

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2020, 04:40 PM

The ICT chairman seemed to be falling over himself to call conspiracy but stopped short of making an accusation.

Although I agree the timeline looks fishy, there's something not right about his stance on this when his club are 'on one knee' as he put it and stand to gain a 6 figure pay out from a Yes vote.

Why would he be so bothered about Partick and Hearts in that situation and vote no? He is an ex-Hearts Board member I understand so there's maybe something fishy there also.

Winston Ingram
11-04-2020, 04:40 PM

As in ex-Hearts and Rangers employee Scott Gardiner?

Heisenberg
11-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Is Sevco's faux outrage just about trying to stop Celtic being awarded another league title, which they were well on their way to winning? Is there anything else they are trying to achieve?

This is my issue with their outrage and the outrage of their fans. What are they actually angry about? What is their alternative if we can’t play any games? Morons the lot of them.

Aldo
11-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Hertz claim the same that they voted and something technical happened that the spfl didn’t receive it.

Yeah and I beLIEve them... NOT.

They will do and say anything that might save them. Still not resolved but desperate times mean desperate measures.

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 04:49 PM
It’s got f all to do with Caley what other teams vote. If anything, they’re admitting collaborating together to make sure it’s a no vote. I hope Dundee see they’re being stitched up now & change their vote to yes, as their entitled to do.

Collaborating is exactly what they are doing and they did it all week and were in constant communication.

These were the three No voting clubs and had formed an axis to thwart the Yes vote as they are entitled to do.

All week Dundee were No and then their club secretary confirmed twice they had indeed voted No at 16:24pm and 16:52pm then something happened in that last few hours.

"Missing or not received emails" say the SPFL and then another email at 18:15pm from Dundee saying disregard our vote.

Sevco horrible as they are quite reasonably need "fairness and transparency" ridiculous as that might sound coming from them.

bingo70
11-04-2020, 05:01 PM
Your right in what you say, but I think to cover everything you say means we have to restructure the leagues to maybe 14 teams, playing twice and still play the Scottish Cup.
No good way of solving it, but a late season start has to mean less games to be played.

In terms of fairness I think league reconstruction is the fairest solution that would please most parties from a sporting point of view.

I just don’t see the majority of the league voting to dilute their tv money from the new tv deal in order to please one club.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 05:02 PM
I’m struggling to see where the SPFL are in the wrong as regards to Dundee’s vote goes?
It’s hard to believe there can be fault at the Hampden end when the other clubs all managed to get their votes in and in the case of Hearts when it was realised there was a problem the SPFL let them submit it late. That applies to Dundee as well and yet they still have not done so. The problem here appears to lie with Dundee?
What am I missing?
As far as Sportsound goes with Stewart and English, they are both close to Budge and have probably been briefed on the scale of the financial difficulty they are in.
What was not recognised on the program at all was that the vast majority of Scotland’s clubs voted in favour of the proposal so it was obviously not as hated as they made out.
So far, not one of the clubs who voted against the proposal have issued a plan that they think would work better? We know what they are against but what are they for?
I suspect Dundee are about to swap to yes and have no idea what has gone on with them. We may never know.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Yeah and I beLIEve them... NOT.

They will do and say anything that might save them. Still not resolved but desperate times mean desperate measures.

I have no problem believing them. Their vote came in late and was counted and that’s all that matters. The problem is Dundee. Their vote was lost and now they don’t want to vote at all? Very very strange behaviour from them.

GreenCastle
11-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Anyone else find it hilarious that surely they would send an email..

Email would get a reply saying it had been received or even phone up and check why someone hasn’t voted or confirm email was received.

But this didn’t happen.

How may emails are sent every day and they couldn’t do the basics.

04Sauzee
11-04-2020, 05:08 PM
Ayr Utd chairman tweets...

I wasn’t coerced into anything. I didn’t speak to any other club about this (other than a casual conversation with Ian McCall) and I have never been in a WhatsApp group with any other spfl clubs.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 05:11 PM

I wasn’t coerced into anything. I didn’t speak to any other club about this (other than a casual conversation with Ian McCall) and I have never been in a WhatsApp group with any other spfl clubs.

So far it sounds like it’s all the no voting clubs who have been colluding?

Caversham Green
11-04-2020, 05:16 PM
I’m struggling to see where the SPFL are in the wrong as regards to Dundee’s vote goes?
It’s hard to believe there can be fault at the Hampden end when the other clubs all managed to get their votes in and in the case of Hearts when it was realised there was a problem the SPFL let them submit it late. That applies to Dundee as well and yet they still have not done so. The problem here appears to lie with Dundee?
What am I missing?
As far as Sportsound goes with Stewart and English, they are both close to Budge and have probably been briefed on the scale of the financial difficulty they are in.
What was not recognised on the program at all was that the vast majority of Scotland’s clubs voted in favour of the proposal so it was obviously not as hated as they made out.
So far, not one of the clubs who voted against the proposal have issued a plan that they think would work better? We know what they are against but what are they for?
I suspect Dundee are about to swap to yes and have no idea what has gone on with them. We may never know.

The thing that's really puzzling me is why the ICT chairman and former Hearts, Dundee and Rangers employee would choose to put his own club in serious financial difficulty to delay the relegation of two other clubs, one of whom would provide financial benefits to his club next season - that strikes me as a dereliction of his duty to ICT.

Also, who decided that these three clubs should collaborate so closely? And why did they originally decide to submit their votes at exactly the same time - what purpose would that serve?

And with regard to Dundee - just WTF?

There's nasty smells coming from both sides of the divide here.

Edit: And were there any other clubs represented in their little group?

Springbank
11-04-2020, 05:20 PM

Collusion from the No voting clubs then?

I think Scott Gardener was very badly advised to go public with his bizarre & detailed confession today

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2020, 05:29 PM

If we were sitting 4th I'd agree. Cup winners spot not yet on the table officially so only 3rd guaranteed

truehibernian
11-04-2020, 05:31 PM
So far it sounds like it’s all the no voting clubs who have been colluding?

Absolutely - and they are entitled to of course - Dundee however have come out of this looking very machiavellian though Ozy. The SPFL likewise.

Shows just how cosy Hearts and Caley are together too :cb and how financially crippled they both are :agree:

Am I right in saying Hibs are one of the 6 clubs insured too ?

truehibernian
11-04-2020, 05:35 PM
The thing that's really puzzling me is why the ICT chairman and former Hearts, Dundee and Rangers employee would choose to put his own club in serious financial difficulty to delay the relegation of two other clubs, one of whom would provide financial benefits to his club next season - that strikes me as a dereliction of his duty to ICT.

Also, who decided that these three clubs should collaborate so closely? And why did they originally decide to submit their votes at exactly the same time - what purpose would that serve?

You've answered your own question CG :greengrin handshakes, half mast trousers with terry towelling socks and a fascination with the colours red, white and blue (and orange) :greengrin:cb

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2020, 05:49 PM

I thought the SPFL process was to submit a fax or email and then the SPFL would contact the club to validate and confirm the vote? That was how it was explained on Wednesday evening.

That being the case Dundee, blocked email or not have now emaiked the SPFL at 17.15 on the Friday to say that the SPFL should not consider their vote cast. That sounds like someone at Dundee sent a No vote in without authority and the club have not confirmed their votevin accordance with zsPFL process.

Sounds like the CEO at Dundee FC has had his erchie felt by his US owner ( ie the majority shareholder whose decision should have been sought and complied with) who wanted them to vote Yes.

SEVCO weighing in with their statement indicates a whistleblower inside the SPFL, the majority of whose staff are furloughed, indicating said whistleblower must be on SPFL board. That would be their SEVCO appointee then?

Don't like Donkeycaster much but her is a servant of the board of the SPFL and does as he is told by his board on these matters as its not within his give as CEO.

Lago
11-04-2020, 05:51 PM

But we are incompetent, I'm at the stage now that I almost which the SFA & the SPFL would implode, cease to exist, clean slate & let the clubs find their own salvation elsewhere maybe go cap in hand to the EFL anything is better than this embarrassment.

The Baldmans Comb
Anyone else find it hilarious that surely they would send an email..

Email would get a reply saying it had been received or even phone up and check why someone hasn’t voted or confirm email was received.

But this didn’t happen.

How may emails are sent every day and they couldn’t do the basics.

But according to Inverness director Dundee had confirmed to them their No vote.

16:24pm: Dundee tell Inverness they have now voted No.

16:52 pm Dundee secretary then confirms to Inverness that they have voted No.

Obviously it all boils down to what "confirms" means.

Does it mean "Aye mate we voted no" or does it mean I am sitting here with a read receipt in my hand confirming our email has been received.

Then 90 minutes later another email arrives from Dundee which this time does get through saying to disregard our previous vote which the SPFL say they havent received anyway. WTF.

Think we will need the CIA spy network to release their copy of the emails to get to the bottom of it after all the hard drives get wiped.

cabbageandribs1875
what a state tom english/michael stewart and richard gordon were in with their mystery who dunnit afternoon on BBC Heartz, until the forfar gadgie came on to explain why he voted yes, the club would be getting peanuts anyway, i think he said forfar would only have five players in contract and they would need to budget on either having falkirk/raith rovers(and some other)and/or cove or edin city, his club need clarity, at least his views shut english and stewart up for a minute or so with only willie miller agreeing with him .

interesting the super sleuths failed to point out the links the ict gadgy has to two other duff clubs in the mix

CA Hibby
11-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Im sure at Dundee it was a board making the call
What if the call was no all along and at the last minute changed to a yes
What is the secretary sent in no vote as previously advised and then board came back as said should not have been sent
Maybe the correspondence to SPFL should only be from the chairman and not the Secretary hence SPFL having the right to say not received
Secretary telling his buddies on the dodgy what's app group that the no vote is in

Who knows, but we do need to move on, nothing is going to change and delaying which I think is the hope for The Huns and Wee Huns is not going to work

grunt
11-04-2020, 05:52 PM
People from this nation are looking in and thinking the same thing.

we are hibs
11-04-2020, 05:59 PM
I usually like michael stewart but he was way off it earlier. You cant hand out prize money without a clear plan in place for the remainder of the season. What happens if the worst happens and uefa said all leagues are null and void and all spfl clubs need to hand back (probably already spent) prize money?

Aldo
11-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Waters are being muddied. ICT and Budge [emoji848]along with Rangers and maybe Dundee.

The Baldmans Comb
11-04-2020, 06:03 PM
I usually like michael stewart but he was way off it earlier. You cant hand out prize money without a clear plan in place for the remainder of the season. What happens if the worst happens and uefa said all leagues are null and void and all spfl clubs need to hand back (probably already spent) prize money?

I agree that was the worst I have heard from Michael Stewart he wasn't up to speed at all on the overall picture and just kept repeating his TV money mantra.

Very poor show from such a good pundit.

Rumble de Thump
11-04-2020, 06:11 PM
I don't know what's happening.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 06:11 PM
They can’t even agree if it’s a cross or a tick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52253331

Had a look at a few other fans forums. Dundee fans you’d have thought would have some sort inkling, but nothing. Aberdeen fans think Budge was in talks with Caley/Dundee etc, to get the no vote

I’ve no idea what’s going on at Dundee, but it’s intriguing

mjhibby
11-04-2020, 06:26 PM
I agree that was the worst I have heard from Michael Stewart he wasn't up to speed at all on the overall picture and just kept repeating his TV money mantra.

They were all swept up in conspiracy theories. Stewart doesn't get the fact that the money for where you finish is handed out when the season is finished. Also no club was to be relegated so the 30 games played were pointless. No joined up thinking whatsoever and if I didn't know better sounded like a mouth piece for Queen Anne. The most jaundiced sportsound I've heard for many a season. Only Tom English tried to bring some sense to it. Embarrassing that this is Scotlands main sports radio programme. Just seemed to want to inflame the situation.

Joe6-2
11-04-2020, 06:28 PM
They were all swept up in conspiracy theories. Stewart doesn't get the fact that the money for where you finish is handed out when the season is finished. Also no club was to be relegated so the 30 games played were pointless. No joined up thinking whatsoever and if I didn't know better sounded like a mouth piece for Queen Anne. The most jaundiced sportsound I've heard for many a season. Only Tom English tried to bring some sense to it. Embarrassing that this is Scotlands main sports radio programme. Just seemed to want to inflame the situation.

Sack him 😳

Coach Jon
11-04-2020, 06:48 PM
But according to Inverness director Dundee had confirmed to them their No vote.

16:24pm: Dundee tell Inverness they have now voted No.

16:52 pm Dundee secretary then confirms to Inverness that they have voted No.

Obviously it all boils down to what "confirms" means.

Does it mean "Aye mate we voted no" or does it mean I am sitting here with a read receipt in my hand confirming our email has been received.

Then 90 minutes later another email arrives from Dundee which this time does get through saying to disregard our previous vote which the SPFL say they havent received anyway. WTF.

Think we will need the CIA spy network to release their copy of the emails to get to the bottom of it after all the hard drives get wiped.

The Inverness director failed miserably in trying to present himself in an altruistic light, saying that he couldn't be the one who would be responsible for costing jobs by voting to relegate clubs ie Hearts, Partick,Stranraer. claimed that by voting NO he was foregoing a payment of £330,000.

Later the Raith Rovers director came on and was questioned about the prize money, he said they were still due £3700 as the final payment. Richard Gordon queried this as they were due £90,000, but the director replied that they had already received most of the prize money!
So the ICT guy is a Bull5hitter, also the Sevco proposal needed to have the backing of 3 teams, Hearts backed it and also ICT!!

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 06:49 PM
As in ex-Hearts and Rangers employee Scott Gardiner?

There’s that as well aye 👍

Radium
11-04-2020, 06:57 PM

Willie Miller seemed to be the only one listening and forming an opinion. Others came in with a position and struggled to hear anything that didn’t back it up.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 06:59 PM
I suspect the Sevco dummy spit is because Dundee are no going to vote yes.

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 07:00 PM
The Inverness director failed miserably in trying to present himself in an altruistic light, saying that he couldn't be the one who would be responsible for costing jobs by voting to relegate clubs ie Hearts, Partick,Stranraer. claimed that by voting NO he was foregoing a payment of £330,000.

Later the Raith Rovers director came on and was questioned about the prize money, he said they were still due £3700 as the final payment. Richard Gordon queried this as they were due £90,000, but the director replied that they had already received most of the prize money!
So the ICT guy is a Bull5hitter, also the Sevco proposal needed to have the backing of 3 teams, Hearts backed it and also ICT!!

That's not much short of what Rovers would get for winning their league. But the prize money is paid out in instalments during the season.

Last year, ICT would have got £325k for finishing 4th in the Championship, so it's fair to say they would get similar this year. BUT, as you say, they would have had a fair chunk of that already.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 07:04 PM

It was the Forfar Athletic Director, not Raith

Swedish hibee
11-04-2020, 07:06 PM

Yes we are!

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 07:14 PM

In which case Gordon is probably spot on with the £90k, but as a national broadcaster he should know that they've had a fair chunk of the money.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 07:17 PM
In which case Gordon is probably spot on with the £90k, but as a national broadcaster he should know that they've had a fair chunk of the money.

He should, but he did ask for clarification, which he got
You wonder how much Inverness are expecting, hence the panic and his interview on Sportsound

ronaldo7
11-04-2020, 07:19 PM

It was also just over £70k for their finishing position, and as has been said, most of it's been paid.

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 07:20 PM
Listening to the radio today, I was amazed how much the Inverness director was sharing. I doubt other clubs will be keen to share what’s app groups with him in future.

ronaldo7
11-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Listening to the radio today, I was amazed how much the Inverness director was sharing. I doubt other clubs will be keen to share what’s app groups with him in future.

All done on one knee. He can't get over his beloved Hearts being relegated.

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 07:24 PM
He should, but he did ask for clarification, which he got
You wonder how much Inverness are expecting, hence the panic and his interview on Sportsound

Others will know better than me how much, and when, the instalments are, but I would have thought they were pretty even over the season, with a final bonus when the season ends.

This I didn't know...... according to a statement from Edinburgh City a few days ago:-

As you may well have read, the SPFL and SFA have advanced the next instalments of prize money and club licensing income;

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Others will know better than me how much, and when, the instalments are, but I would have thought they were pretty even over the season, with a final bonus when the season ends.

This I didn't know...... according to a statement from Edinburgh City a few days ago:-

As you may well have read, the SPFL and SFA have advanced the next instalments of prize money and club licensing income;

Saw that too, wonder if was the latest instalment and not the final one

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Saw that too, wonder if was the latest instalment and not the final one

Can't have been the final one, but they used the word "advanced", which may mean it's the latest one paid a few weeks in advance.

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2020, 07:44 PM

Huns, mini huns and ICT are clearly a cabal and plotting behind the scenes. Maybe they could break away and form an Ulster league wi Linfield, Glentoran and the likes and Scottish football wouldn't have to put up with their slavering p1sh any more:greengrin

Joe6-2
11-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Huns, mini huns and ICT are clearly a cabal and plotting behind the scenes. Maybe they could break away and form an Ulster league wi Linfield, Glentoran and the likes and Scottish football wouldn't have to put up with their slavering p1sh any more:greengrin

We can only hope

Scott Allan Key
11-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Lets face it mate. Football the whole world over is participated in and run by self serving assholes who couldn't give a rats arse about what's good for the game or the fans for that matter .. From the club giants carving up European football to ensure they could always dominate it to FIFA handing world cups to socially under developed patches of desert without even a football league it has always been that way and it would appear that even a global natural disaster isn't enough to change that mindset.

I keep seeing a lot about 'rules' with folk railing against them coz they don't suit them and others defending and abusing them because they do. It's a stupid stupid man who blindly obeys rules when every sign possible says ignore or change them for the good of the whole over the few ... but then stupid stupid men appears to be football's stock in trade and a resource it seems to have an unlimited supply of.

I didn't realise the Scottish Borders have deserts and the World Cup.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 08:01 PM

He’s almost crippled ICT also. Why are Inverness completely backing the tube to decide?

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 08:05 PM
He’s almost crippled ICT also. Why are Inverness completely backing the tube to decide?

Is he the guy who was sacked for forgetting to order the seats?

Tug Wilson
11-04-2020, 08:05 PM
https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

are Dundee suggesting next years income should be used to top up teams lost incomes from this season ?

Still don't understand what their statement is supposed to mean.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 08:08 PM

He took the blame.....

18Craig75
11-04-2020, 09:05 PM
The rambling Gardiner said that all championship clubs were in the whats app group. Aye Utd owner has came out since Saying he’s never been in a group, and has reiterated his reasons for voting yes.

I enjoyed the show for the drama of it and the shambles it’s become, perhaps that a sign of how much I’m missing football, but it was incredibly unbalanced. As others have said English and Stewart shouting about unfairness without putting forward any viable alternatives.

Andrew Wilson on Twitter (on the Motherwell board) was putting out some great tweets during the show regarding the legality of what they were proposing to avoid relegating teams.

Time for a lot of people and clubs to get real. We need to tie last season up to preserve next season. And ASAP.

jacomo
11-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Statement league heading for a thrilling finish:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52255611

Sevco talking in riddles again but, fir the avoidance of doubt, they are indignant.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 09:18 PM

Yep. Then punted from erm Dundee. But he was given free reign to spout about Dundee today while acting like he cares about Partick while slipping up saying hearts all the time like that was the only care.

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 09:19 PM
The rambling Gardiner said that all championship clubs were in the whats app group. Aye Utd owner has came out since Saying he’s never been in a group, and has reiterated his reasons for voting yes.

I enjoyed the show for the drama of it and the shambles it’s become, perhaps that a sign of how much I’m missing football, but it was incredibly unbalanced. As others have said English and Stewart shouting about unfairness without putting forward any viable alternatives.

Andrew Wilson on Twitter (on the Motherwell board) was putting out some great tweets during the show regarding the legality of what they were proposing to avoid relegating teams.

Time for a lot of people and clubs to get real. We need to tie last season up to preserve next season. And ASAP.

Then you had the hearts mouthpiece English saying “he spoke to a chairman in the league earlier” clearly meaning Budge.

Rumble de Thump
11-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Why does there need to be a probe into the vote? Why don't Dundee just tell us whether they're voting yes or no?

jacomo
11-04-2020, 09:24 PM

They could form their own statement league - both much better at statements than putting a winning team on the park.

ICT would have to up their game though.

Joe6-2
11-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Why does there need to be a probe into the vote? Why don't Dundee just tell us whether they're voting yes or no?

They want a probe because not happy with the potential decision

JohnM1875
11-04-2020, 09:29 PM
All things considered it's actually just ****ing embarrassing how this has turned out.

Belgium do it and things are all sorted and declared.

We try it and it turns into this circus. Embarrassing.

Just_Jimmy
11-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Dundee
Livingston
Motherwell
Hearts
Rangers

All cheats. Very little to no consequences. Some will never forget though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Rumble de Thump
11-04-2020, 09:35 PM
I thought the Fringe Festival had been cancelled. Seems like it's just been brought forward a few months.

Col2
11-04-2020, 09:43 PM
I am probably in the minority here but I am not sure the SPFL have done anything wrong here.

The SPFL board could have made the decision but rightly asked the clubs. Gave them a proposal to vote on and while 48 hours isn’t long it’s not like it hasn’t been front of mind for past few weeks especially with no other football related stuff to deal with.

Dundee it appears are playing funny buggers and if they truly are a no vote then they just need to confirm this. Over 24 hours later that can’t be contacted and silence defeaning.

English and Stewart and Gardiner are happy to talk about the unfairness to Hearts, Patrick etc (which has some element of truth) but none of them have an answer to resolve it (if you assume paying out now is a decent interim step but the real question is how to end the season).

They we end up back to reconstruction. Something that the original proposal gave a commitment to discuss.

Not enough it appears for the minority of clubs. A one season 14 team league is the suggestion but imagine this scenario: Hamilton go along with it, Hearts are saved, cut costs while Hamilton defer and pay players. Hearts then regroup with a lower cost base and finish outside the 3 automatic relegation spaces + 1 play off space (remember league need to go down to 12). Hamilton finish in 3rd bottom and are relegated. Hearts have zero consequence from being bottom after 30 games this season. So Hamilton and St Mirren etc are never voting for that. Alternative is only two down but no promotion to get back to 12 teams. Dundee are certainly not voting for that and how is that sporting integrity?

So we are left with 14 team league for foreseeable. That would suggest clubs have magically woken up and realised that size of league is the ideal scenario. Again highly unlikely.

And finally Dundee. What are they trying to gain? A 14 team league? Doesn’t get them promoted and a temp one might even restrict them getting promoted. A perm 14 team league might be attractive but unlikely. Are they waiting on a 16 team league? Or just some extra cash?

As I say not sure what SPFL have done wrong, yes releasing the vote results immediately could be seen as manipulation but it was a lose lose they would have been slaughtered for going quiet. It’s telling that the clubs happy to moan about it are the ones who have voted no.

CorrieHibs
11-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Can someone tell me. Do the SPFL have the money to pay clubs without actually finishing season?

JohnM1875
11-04-2020, 09:50 PM
Can someone tell me. Do the SPFL have the money to pay clubs without actually finishing season?

I'm assuming they must do? Seeing as it's their proposal to call the season as is and payments made.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2020, 09:55 PM
I am probably on the minority here but I am not sure the SPFL have done anything wrong here.

The SPFL board could have made the decision but rightly asked the clubs. Gave them a proposal to vote on and while 48 hours isn’t long it’s not like it hasn’t been front of mind for past few weeks especially with no other football related stuff to deal with.

Dundee it appears are playing funny buggers and if they truly are a no vote then they just need to confirm this. Over 24 hours later that can’t be contacted and silence defeaning.

English and Stewart and the Gardiner are happy to take about the unfairness to Hearts, Patrick etc (which has some element of truth) but none of them have an answer to resolve it (if you assume paying out now is a decent interim step but the real question is how to end the season).

They we end up back to reconstruction. Something that the original proposal gave a commitment to discuss.

Not enough it appears for the minority of clubs. A one season 14 team league is the suggestion but imagine this scenario: Hamilton go along with it, Hearts are saved, cut costs while Hamilton defer and pay players. Hearts then regroup with a lower cost base and finish outside the 3 automatic relegation spaces + 1 play off space (remember league need to go down to 12). Hamilton finish in 3rd bottom and are relegated. Hearts have zero consequence from being bottom after 30 games this season. So Hamilton and St Mirren etc are never voting for that. Alternative is only two down but no promotion to get back to 12 teams. Dundee are certainly not voting for that and how is that sporting integrity?

So we are left with 14 team league for foreseeable. That would suggest clubs have magically woken up and realised that size of league is the ideal scenario. Again highly unlikely.

And finally Dundee. What are they trying to gain? A 14 team league? Doesn’t get them promoted and a temp one might even restrict them getting promoted. A perm 14 team league might be attractive but unlikely. Are they waiting on a 16 team league? Or just some extra cash?

As I say not sure what SPFL have done wrong releasing the vote results was a lose lose they would have been slaughtered for going quiet. It’s telling that the clubs happy to moan about it are the ones who have voted no.

Dundee is owned by an American businessman not? He waits because options have not yet expired or as a bargaining chip for summit beneficial (known or unknown. )

It was George Bernard Shaw that wrote :

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

Dunno if the guy it reasonable or not - well soon find out.

percy veer
11-04-2020, 09:57 PM

Ex hearts director sacked for stadium debacle

CorrieHibs
11-04-2020, 10:02 PM
I'm assuming they must do? Seeing as it's their proposal to call the season as is and payments made.

What Rangers are wanting is the prize money to be paid out, but not to end the season just now. The SPFL are saying we need to end the season for the prize money to be distributed. Rangers are claiming they have it, but are holding teams ransom to get their own way.

So, surely if the SPFL had the money, why don’t they just pay the league 1 and 2 teams now? With not paying the money (that Rangers claim they have) they are putting a lot of small clubs at risk.

percy veer
11-04-2020, 10:05 PM
I am probably in the minority here but I am not sure the SPFL have done anything wrong here.

English and Stewart and Gardiner are happy to talk about the unfairness to Hearts, Patrick etc (which has some element of truth) but none of them have an answer to resolve it (if you assume paying out now is a decent interim step but the real question is how to end the season).

As I say not sure what SPFL have done wrong, yes releasing the vote results immediately could be seen as manipulation but it was a lose lose they would have been slaughtered for going quiet. It’s telling that the clubs happy to moan about it are the ones who have voted no.

If it's a 14 team league next season, they will be favourites to go up automatically that season , really no competition.

greenginger
11-04-2020, 10:05 PM
All things considered it's actually just ****ing embarrassing how this has turned out.

Belgium do it and things are all sorted and declared.

We try it and it turns into this circus. Embarrassing.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/belgian-league-delay-ratifying-decision-to-end-season-early_sto7723460/story.shtml

not quite, they’re thinking about it again.

SquashedFrogg
11-04-2020, 10:08 PM
What Rangers are wanting is the prize money to be paid out, but not to end the season just now. The SPFL are saying we need to end the season for the prize money to be distributed. Rangers are claiming they have it, but are holding teams ransom to get their own way.

So, surely if the SPFL had the money, why don’t they just pay the league 1 and 2 teams now? With not paying the money (that Rangers claim they have) they are putting a lot of small clubs at risk.

5 things.

SPFL don't have the money
BT contract
Sky contract
Rangers skint
Hearts skint

Also, Hearts, Huns, Dundee and ICT all coordinating current situation.

JohnM1875
11-04-2020, 10:09 PM

Surely the SPFL are right in their call. The league needs to be called as is and decided before anything can be paid out. Else what are they basing any proposed payments

The Rangers are asking for money to be paid out but for nothing to count. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

CorrieHibs
11-04-2020, 10:12 PM
5 things.

SPFL don't have the money
BT contract
Sky contract
Rangers skint
Hearts skint

Also, Hearts, Huns, Dundee and ICT all coordinating current situation.

I’ve been arguing with mates all night about this. I have said the SPFL don’t have the money, but they are claiming they do.

I need to find this evidence to prove me point.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 10:18 PM

What is the one knee thing all about? Does that have another meaning? Strange thing to say.

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 10:21 PM
I’ve been arguing with mates all night about this. I have said the SPFL don’t have the money, but they are claiming they do.

The money is paid over the season in instalments. Most of it has already been paid.

Col2
11-04-2020, 10:22 PM
If it's a 14 team league next season, they will be favourites to go up automatically that season , really no competition.

Not if it’s for one season only and reverts back to 12.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 10:24 PM

Sure I heard on one of the other sportsound both bt and sky had agreed to pay up.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 10:26 PM

Completely agree ICT would benefit from Hearts in their league.

calumhibee1
11-04-2020, 10:41 PM

But how would they know what prize money to pay out if the league isn’t finished? We just splitting it 12 ways in the top league and 10 ways in every other? Or is the prize money to be paid out on current standings but they current standings are to count for nothing else? :confused:

ronaldo7
11-04-2020, 10:47 PM
What is the one knee thing all about? Does that have another meaning? Strange thing to say.

When I was listening to his interview, he mentioned that many clubs in Scotland were on their knees financially, but ICT were a well run club so were only down on one knee.

CorrieHibs
11-04-2020, 10:48 PM
But how would they know what prize money to pay out if the league isn’t finished? We just splitting it 12 ways in the top league and 10 ways in every other? Or is the prize money to be paid out on current standings but they current standings are to count for nothing else? :confused:

Yeah it’s all getting a bit complicated. Rangers clearly want a null and void and are doing everything in their power to do it. It’s not going to happen.

tamig
11-04-2020, 10:58 PM
When I was listening to his interview, he mentioned that many clubs in Scotland were on their knees financially, but ICT were a well run club so were only down on one knee.

I thought they were toiling and in danger of going out of business a few months ago? Have they changed ownership or something?

green day
11-04-2020, 10:59 PM
I thought they were toiling and in danger of going out of business a few months ago? Have they changed ownership or something?

Still skint, wants the money but for no relegation 🤔

The 90+2
11-04-2020, 11:03 PM

Blue/Pink pound. Seat for life at Ibrox and still have no idea what he wants to achieve when there’s no chance of reconstruction.

What do the huns eventually want either? It doesn’t make any sense. Partick Hearts fair enough, the rest no idea at all. Poor Gerry Britton in a group app with that prick Gardner hearts and huns and that’s his only hope of Partick no going down.

The Harp Awakes
11-04-2020, 11:06 PM

Yes, beginning to look like ICT may have found other sources of income to bend the knee. Maybe the independent inquiry should be directed at these 3 clubs?

Ozyhibby
11-04-2020, 11:12 PM
Sure I heard on one of the other sportsound both bt and sky had agreed to pay up.

The SpFL have the money in the bank. Confirmed today on radio.

FilipinoHibs
11-04-2020, 11:20 PM

I think the money which has come from BT/SKY etc cannot be released contractually until the season is finished. These will be safety clauses in the TV contracts so that in the case of some event and the season is abandoned - e.g. war- the TV companies do not have to pay out. The SPFL then must legally conclude the season to make the pay puts. This why the arguments that the SPFL is a members club and can pay out the money when they want does not hold.

In addition next year's TV deal is dependent on this season finishing and next season starting in a reasonable timeframe. The money from these deals is now essential to keep Scottish league football running. Why the SPFL are so keen to end thus season and why the overwhelming majority of clubs voted yes.

SquashedFrogg
11-04-2020, 11:45 PM
The money is paid over the season in instalments. Most of it has already been paid.

So if most has been paid out, there's no financial prize money arguement?

Is it purely sporting integrity afterall?

SquashedFrogg
11-04-2020, 11:47 PM

Confirmed by the SPFL on Radio? I never heard that. Ok, guess I'm wrong

Ozyhibby
12-04-2020, 12:05 AM
Confirmed by the SPFL on Radio? I never heard that. Ok, guess I'm wrong

Confirmed by ICT and the Forfar reps.

Michael
12-04-2020, 12:27 AM
If the season if finished do the SPFL have to give some money back to Sky and BT to make up for the unbroadcast matches?

FilipinoHibs
12-04-2020, 12:31 AM
If the season if finished do the SPFL have to give some money back to Sky and BT to make up for the unbroadcast matches?

I would imagine that would be in the contracts which are usually water tight and cover all eventualities. SKY etc. Revenues will be down because of people postponing their contracts and they will be be keen to recoup any monies that have not been earned by the various leagues.

JOD
12-04-2020, 01:32 AM
This money thing is a nonsence. Today the Forfar guy confirmed it is irrelevant to them.
What is more important is knowing where will play next season. Players out of contract early june.
Last thing they want is extending the season.
So call it now.
BTW no chance of Hibs agreeing to reconstruction. It is definitely not in our interest.

neil7908
12-04-2020, 01:47 AM

I don't understand how that could be possible. What if its a very close season and there's say 5 points separating the top 6. The prize money for 1st is massively larger than 6th so how could it be paid in installments without knowing the final league positions and therefore total prize money owed.

FilipinoHibs
12-04-2020, 03:02 AM
I don't understand how that could be possible. What if its a very close season and there's say 5 points separating the top 6. The prize money for 1st is massively larger than 6th so how could it be paid in installments without knowing the final league positions and therefore total prize money owed.

Rangers and other clubs calling for an early distribution of prize money implies that it is given out in a lump sum once the season is finished. Think the TV money will be paid to league in instalments.

RoxburghHibs
12-04-2020, 03:30 AM

No as they are not declaring the season null and void.

danhibees1875
12-04-2020, 06:05 AM

By not paying more than the minimum out in installments.

E.g.
Dec - everyone gets £500k
March - everyone gets £500k
End of season - 6th gets £300k, 5th gets £500k, 4th gets £700k, etc..

CorrieHibs
12-04-2020, 07:19 AM
Confirmed by ICT and the Forfar reps.

So, why rush this through? Making out the league 1/2 sides needed the cash.

Caversham Green
12-04-2020, 07:22 AM
As Leagues 1 and 2 have voted in favour of the resolution their season could be wrapped up now and prize money paid out accordingly. The Premiership and Championship could then be combined into a single Premiership and the vote taken again, with the promise of discussion as to how the Premiership would be divided into two divisions for next season. The initial proposal would be Premiership 1 consisting of the top 11 Premiership clubs plus the Championship winners with the rest in Premiership 2. Other proposals would be considered and I think a proposal of '2 up 2 down' could also be on the table if only to see where Scot Gardiner's loyalties really lie.

The only problem would be how to treat Thistle and Raith but at least it would get us past this rather ridiculous blockage.

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2020, 08:04 AM
As Leagues 1 and 2 have voted in favour of the resolution their season could be wrapped up now and prize money paid out accordingly. The Premiership and Championship could then be combined into a single Premiership and the vote taken again, with the promise of discussion as to how the Premiership would be divided into two divisions for next season. The initial proposal would be Premiership 1 consisting of the top 11 Premiership clubs plus the Championship winners with the rest in Premiership 2. Other proposals would be considered and I think a proposal of '2 up 2 down' could also be on the table if only to see where Scot Gardiner's loyalties really lie.

The only problem would be how to treat Thistle and Raith but at least it would get us past this rather ridiculous blockage.

Sensible as that is, I think they would have to change their Articles for that. Which would mean....Special Resolution, 75% majority, 28 days notice, and all that bollocks.

Against that, this vote was a SR, and they're trying to over-ride the notice period.

steviehibsleith
12-04-2020, 08:13 AM
IOn sportound yesterday sure it was said then quickly forgotten about by Stewart and English that it’s in the contract that the league’s have to be ended before payout. If they don’t agree to end it then if they pay out the money it is deemed as a loan. Are there issues with this

Aldo
12-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Whilst it seems a bit of a shambles and it’s strange the results where revealed before all the votes were in, I find it a bit strange the way it was done.

The SPFL has 42 affiliated members all are signed up and all know the rules etc. So why have 4 separate league votes.

1 vote requiring 75% to put any proposal through. Easy peasy. We are at 85% however as it stands the minority will win it because of one vote in 1 league! Doesn’t add up to me!

Caversham Green
12-04-2020, 08:16 AM
Sensible as that is, I think they would have to change their Articles for that. Which would mean....Special Resolution, 75% majority, 28 days notice, and all that bollocks.

Against that, this vote was a SR, and they're trying to over-ride the notice period.

Talking about Special Resolutions, do they not provide that all members have equal votes, meaning the split into four divisions was unlawful? IIRC the provisions for voting can't be made more onerous than provided by Company Law so in strict legal terms the resolution has been passed.

Springbank
12-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Surely the SPFL are right in their call. The league needs to be called as is and decided before anything can be paid out. Else what are they basing any proposed payments

The Rangers are asking for money to be paid out but for nothing to count. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

What rangers hearts ICT & the BBC were mistaking yesterday is they were considering prize money as "income"

Folk were saying Dundee have insurance against loss of income

That will cover gate receipts, pie sales, etc

It will not cover prize money, as prize money is not regular income (as far as insurance companies would be concerned)

It is not outrageous to expect prizes to be linked to prize money ie pay out when you relegate the worst team & give a trophy to the top team

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2020, 08:27 AM
Talking about Special Resolutions, do they not provide that all members have equal votes, meaning the split into four divisions was unlawful? IIRC the provisions for voting can't be made more onerous than provided by Company Law so in strict legal terms the resolution has been passed.

They possibly have alternative provisions in their Mem & Arts, and this wasn't an actual SR, despite the SPFL website saying it was.

You've got time on your hands...The Mem and Arts will be online, go check em out 🤣

JimBHibees
12-04-2020, 08:36 AM

:aok:

CropleyWasGod
12-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Whilst it seems a bit of a shambles and it’s strange the results where revealed before all the votes were in, I find it a bit strange the way it was done.

The SPFL has 42 affiliated members all are signed up and all know the rules etc. So why have 4 separate league votes.

1 vote requiring 75% to put any proposal through. Easy peasy. We are at 85% however as it stands the minority will win it because of one vote in 1 league! Doesn’t add up to me!

IIRC, the rules were set a few years ago (when the SPL and SFL were combined) to reflect the notion that a vote by Forfar, say, was worth less than ours.