PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET UPDATE | 10000 AND COUNTING!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RSS Bot
10-04-2020, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10616)

Vault Boy
10-04-2020, 04:30 PM
Superb 👏

KdyHby
10-04-2020, 04:34 PM
Bought mine since, at least 3002 sold

Diclonius
10-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Where were we after two weeks of sales last season? Obviously it'll be much higher - just curious to see how the pandemic has impacted sales.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Where were we after two weeks of sales last season? Obviously it'll be much higher - just curious to see how the pandemic has impacted sales.

Don’t know about that but when Ron did his interview last week he mentioned that we were ahead of last year, at that point.

NAE NOOKIE
10-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Brilliant response by our supporters :not worth

Keith_M
11-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Just read that we've now broke the Three Thousand barrier for Season Tickets.

:thumbsup:

Evening News Article (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-break-3000-mark-season-ticket-sales-2535515)

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Wasn’t sure what thread to post this on, cheered me ip😄

https://twitter.com/jamie_murray/status/1248376439612657668?s=21

Keith_M
11-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Lots of people seem to be answering the call to arms.

For all those that are unable or don't want to risk buying a Season Ticket (for perfectly understandable reasons), I wish you all the best and hope the work/financial situation improves over time.

It's really not an easy time for many just now.

murray26
11-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Brilliant response.. Hopefully my family will be purchasing 3 before the early bird deadline..

bingo70
11-04-2020, 11:05 AM
I’m still to get mine for me and my boy.

I think my job should be pretty secure but guess nobody really knows for certain what is going to happen over the next few weeks and months, decided to hold off until pay day next month just in case.

I’m guessing my situation probably won’t be that unique and a lot of people will renew at the end of the month.

brog
11-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Wasn’t sure what thread to post this on, cheered me ip😄

https://twitter.com/jamie_murray/status/1248376439612657668?s=21

Excellent!! Where's Duncan?

HendoDelivered
11-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Me and at least 3 others will be getting one at some point

GloryGlory
11-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Brilliant response.. Hopefully my family will be purchasing 3 before the early bird deadline..

I'll be getting mine before the deadline, too.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Unbelievable numbers however just wondered what people think will happen if fans are only allowed into games with about 15 games of next season to spare, which is highly possible?

GloryGlory
11-04-2020, 01:11 PM
Unbelievable numbers however just wondered what people think will happen if fans are only allowed into games with about 15 games of next season to spare, which is highly possible?

Once a Hibee, always a Hibee.

Keith_M
11-04-2020, 01:43 PM

We'll all be outside the Main Stand with flaming torches and pitchforks?

:dunno:

TrinityHibs
11-04-2020, 01:50 PM

I’ll just be starting to think about renewing for the following season

Jock O
11-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Is it only open to existing season ticket holders at moment, its not clear from the announcement.

Thanks.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2020, 01:54 PM
I’ll just be starting to think about renewing for the following season

Fair enough.

Eyrie
11-04-2020, 02:08 PM
We'll all be outside the Main Stand with flaming torches and pitchforks?

And standing two metres apart to maintain social distancing.

Robbo6-2
11-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Another two purchased

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Is it only open to existing season ticket holders at moment, its not clear from the announcement.

Thanks.

Not sure mate. But because I couldn't renew for the FF I had to randomly pick a seat from elsewhere in the stadium and I did that no problem, the fact I have an existing account on the Hibs ST list may have allowed me to do that though.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2020, 03:23 PM

Thanks.

No, but you can’t chose an existing season ticket holders seat. Just buy one in the stand you want to sit in, then move when they announce the date

Jock O
11-04-2020, 09:50 PM
Not sure mate. But because I couldn't renew for the FF I had to randomly pick a seat from elsewhere in the stadium and I did that no problem, the fact I have an existing account on the Hibs ST list may have allowed me to do that though.

Thanks, I will have a try tomorrow, I haven't had ST for last two seasons since moving away but assume I should I still be on database.

Jock O
11-04-2020, 09:51 PM
No, but you can’t chose an existing season ticket holders seat. Just buy one in the stand you want to sit in, then move when they announce the date

I assumed that was what it was, but it wasn't clear on website. My old area looks well gone but will pick one around there and see what its like once the ST deadline is over.

Thanks,

Bobby's Cinema
16-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Got to think there’s a high chance the early bird deadline will be extended beyond 8th May. What do we think?

Coco Bryce
16-04-2020, 04:26 PM
Social distancing measures set to continue for the next 18 months according to BBC Radio Scotland.

Surely that means there will be not sports fixtures with fans present?

Waxy
16-04-2020, 04:31 PM
3000 ticket sold on the basis of a 12 team league.
One good reason it HAS to be a 12 team league.

GreenCastle
16-04-2020, 04:35 PM
3500 according to the email.

Let’s keep this going !

Bobby's Cinema
16-04-2020, 04:35 PM
3000 ticket sold on the basis of a 12 team league.
One good reason it HAS to be a 12 team league.
In fairness I think anyone prepared to renew at this stage is taking a leap into the unknown in doing so.

I think they will extend the early bird period and that would remove putting pressure on those to do so now.

H18 SFR
16-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Social distancing measures set to continue for the next 18 months according to BBC Radio Scotland.

I would think that there will be spectators distanced out appropriately?

No idea what that would make the capacity at Easter Road, 6 or 7K?

Bobby's Cinema
16-04-2020, 04:40 PM

Don’t see how that would work if 2m is to be maintained. If you get into that then you have to consider getting in and out of the stadium, one way systems and routes as they have in some supermarkets now? How does that effect H&S/ fire safety plans etc

hibee316
16-04-2020, 04:40 PM

I had the same thought yesterday.

I think it might have to happen to get any fans in.

Fans have to take in a game about?! :)

GreenCastle
16-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Ultimate Uber fans get to attend only.

Toilet queues will be interesting.

Celebrating a goal also!

Actually the players won’t be even able to play !!

hibee316
16-04-2020, 04:43 PM

Celebrating a goal also!

There is definitely going to be a phase back to normality, so some form of distancing at events may happen? Who knows...

Billy Whizz
16-04-2020, 04:43 PM
The 1st 6,000 or so should get in 1st😎

hibbyfraelibby
16-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Don’t see how that would work if 2m is to be maintained. If you get into that then you have to consider getting in and out of the stadium, one way systems and routes as they have in some supermarkets now? How does that effect H&S/ fire safety plans etc

Before some of the singing section comment...it'll be a doddke in the FF Lower

The 90+2
16-04-2020, 04:50 PM

Celebrating a goal also!

Hopefully there’s loads of testing by then and it can be asserted to season card info that you’ve had the virus and are allowed into the stadium.

Saying that, you would then get people trying to purposely get the virus to get immunity so it’s probably not going to work.

GreenCastle
16-04-2020, 04:51 PM
The pie Q will be massive.

No Hibee bounce..

Can you imagine pubs before games.

Ronniekirk
16-04-2020, 04:52 PM
The 1st 6,000 or so should get in 1st[emoji41]

Take it you e got yours. Billy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
16-04-2020, 04:52 PM

Entry into the stadium? Toilets and Concourse before the game and half time would make this impossible?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2020, 04:55 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

It's becoming increasingly likely that any season tickets bought for next season is really going to be a donation to the club and also reserving your seat for 21/22.

Keith_M
16-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Before some of the singing section comment...it'll be a doddke in the FF Lower

I refuse to get drawn in to this....ever!

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2020, 05:02 PM
There will be no spectator attended football in the U.K. this year.

Keith_M
16-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Entry into the stadium? Toilets and Concourse before the game and half time would make this impossible?

Yep, and what happens if you need to go past some people that are already sitting down to get to your seat?

They would also have to ban people from leaving early, as they usually just end up in a big crush on the stairs waiting to get out.

The only practical way to do this would be to make everybody wear full-body condoms, so there's no danger of infection.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/19c3f6c09b94c02dec5c3315fe37dee1/tenor.gif?itemid=11479910

The 90+2
16-04-2020, 05:05 PM

There shouldn’t be any football this year then. Behind closed doors ending the English season would lead to house parties and loads of other mass gatherings both here and abroad.

Phil MaGlass
16-04-2020, 08:57 PM
Hopefully there’s loads of testing by then and it can be asserted to season card info that you’ve had the virus and are allowed into the stadium.

Saying that, you would then get people trying to purposely get the virus to get immunity so it’s probably not going to work.
It hasnt been shown that immunity doesnt wear off after a period of time, and the previous poster was right, there probably wont be spectator football until atleast Dec/Jan, anyone buying a ST now will most likely get free access to live tv for closed door games.

Joe6-2
16-04-2020, 10:12 PM
How do you play football and practice social distancing?

The 90+2
16-04-2020, 10:42 PM
It hasnt been shown that immunity doesnt wear off after a period of time, and the previous poster was right, there probably wont be spectator football until atleast Dec/Jan, anyone buying a ST now will most likely get free access to live tv for closed door games.

Live tv and closed doors games won’t work either. You will get groups packing together to celebrate or watch games away from stadiums. Even if it’s 100s to one or two houses. Across countries.

St access to closed door games = everyone round there watching or even outside.

Bishop Hibee
16-04-2020, 11:21 PM

Looking likely. It’ll be round to mates to watch it or at home. Isn’t looking good for the boozers opening anytime soon either sadly.

Got to be a market in Hibs themed face masks though.

Weegreenman
17-04-2020, 12:35 AM
I don’t think there will be any football played at all until there is a vaccine.

Players cannot be put in danger of catching the virus from a team mate or an opposing player.

It’ll be tough but if it saves lives, I’m all for it.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 07:26 AM
Live tv and closed doors games won’t work either. You will get groups packing together to celebrate or watch games away from stadiums. Even if it’s 100s to one or two houses. Across countries.

St access to closed door games = everyone round there watching or even outside.

Surely only the same idiots that break the rules now would do this? Why would normal sensible people who have been sticking to the guidelines so far suddenly become irresponsible idiots because of a game of football on the TV.

macca70
17-04-2020, 07:28 AM
I don’t think there will be any football played at all until there is a vaccine.

Players cannot be put in danger of catching the virus from a team mate or an opposing player.

It’ll be tough but if it saves lives, I’m all for it.

Yip, this virus will be hanging around til a vaccine is found, social distancing will have to remain in place til next year according to medical experts. They may ease the lockdown rules May/June/July to get folk back to work and get the economy going again but all that will do is ramp up the spread of it again and no doubt put us back into lockdown.

Respect those that are blindly renewing season tickets but you really have no idea what your handing over your cash for. I understand the club is struggling and needs funds. We don’t even know who will be in the league, will it be a reduced season?

danhibees1875
17-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Surely only the same idiots that break the rules now would do this? Why would normal sensible people who have been sticking to the guidelines so far suddenly become irresponsible idiots because of a game of football on the TV.

:agree:

If they find a way to play football behind closed doors safely and can broadcast then that is better than no football.

The idea that people who are perfectly content in living their lives within social distancing guidelines are going to suddenly be joining large gatherings to watch the game seems strange to me. There might be an issue with Liverpool's title winning game and others of that ilk - but they're going to have to call them one way or another eventually. :dunno:

Since90+2
17-04-2020, 07:57 AM

Duration. There's no way people are not going to visit family or friends for a year or longer. It's just not going to happen.

inglisavhibs
17-04-2020, 11:50 AM

If you are correct there will be few clubs left in Scotland to watch.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Duration. There's no way people are not going to visit family or friends for a year or longer. It's just not going to happen.

So people will disregard the fact that visiting those family and friends could potentially kill them! I don’t think so somehow, make no mistake this is a situation that the majority of people are deadly serious about containing.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 11:56 AM
If you are correct there will be few clubs left in Scotland to watch.

Maybe so, insignificant in the grand scale of things though.

.Sean.
17-04-2020, 12:19 PM
This, and you can also apply that to the likes of conventions and concerts.

I genuinely can’t see how we’ll even be allowed back into a boozer or a resturant any time this year nevermind the football :confused:

Absolutely everything that involve gatherings of more than even 10 people is closed for business or postponed until there’s a vaccine IMO

Since90+2
17-04-2020, 12:25 PM
So people will disregard the fact that visiting those family and friends could potentially kill them! I don’t think so somehow, make no mistake this is a situation that the majority of people are deadly serious about containing.

Yes people will disregard it. Absolutely no chance that people will go a year or longer without ever visiting family or friends. A small number of people are already doing so and as time drifts on and the weather becomes better people will naturally start to grow tired of lockdown.

Out of interest how long do you think folk would tolerate it for? If for instance the government say a vaccine is not viable until summer 2022 do you seriously think people will stay in their homes until then. Would never happen and the government know this - I'd imagine by the end of May/early June small family gatherings will be permitted.

Since452
17-04-2020, 12:25 PM

I fear the same. What a harrowing thought. I'm really starting to miss the social aspect of football now. Starting to miss the pub, sticking on a destined to fail coupon, even starting to miss the nagging from the better half on a Sunday. This is really crap.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Yes people will disregard it. Absolutely no chance that people will go a year or longer without ever visiting family or friends. A small number of people are already doing so and as time drifts on and the weather becomes better people will naturally start to grow tired of lockdown.

Out of interest how long do you think folk would tolerate it for? If for instance the government say a vaccine is not viable until summer 2022 do you seriously think people will stay in their homes until then. Would never happen and the government know this - I'd imagine by the end of May/early June small family gatherings will be permitted.

People should tolerate it for as long as it takes. It’s not that difficult to comprehend that the only thing to do is stay relatively isolated is it? I really don’t get the idiots who are complaining about missing their friends or relatives for a period of time when the alternative could be lose them forever, it’s pathetic.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 12:53 PM
I fear the same. What a harrowing thought. I'm really starting to miss the social aspect of football now. Starting to miss the pub, sticking on a destined to fail coupon, even starting to miss the nagging from the better half on a Sunday. This is really crap.

Yes but what if this becomes the norm? Just have to adapt and get over it, things change and this could be one of the biggest changes our lives have ever seen, we can all adapt and overcome it.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 12:58 PM
Anyway back in the track of ST’s, I am now seriously wondering what renewing my ST will actually be worth to me, apart from keeping hold of my seat I don’t see any credible worth in investing in a season that might never happen.

Since90+2
17-04-2020, 12:58 PM
People should tolerate it for as long as it takes. It’s not that difficult to comprehend that the only thing to do is stay relatively isolated is it? I really don’t get the idiots who are complaining about missing their friends or relatives for a period of time when the alternative could be lose them forever, it’s pathetic.

A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for more than 6 months. That's one disease alone.

A lockdown of more than a few months would be more damaging than the virus itself , which is why it won't happen.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 01:00 PM
A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for 6 months. That's one disease alone.

A lockdown of more than a few months would be more damaging than the virus itself , which is why it won't happen.

I know a couple of cancer patients that are still receiving their treatments. The lockdown will continue no doubt about it, there may be amendments but it will continue well beyond what you are suggesting.

B.H.F.C
17-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Anyway back in the track of ST’s, I am now seriously wondering what renewing my ST will actually be worth to me, apart from keeping hold of my seat I don’t see any credible worth in investing in a season that might never happen.

Was thinking the same earlier. I renewed pretty much straight away and thought, at that point, that we’d maybe be seeing football in the latter part of the year. Now, I can’t see it happening this year whatsoever.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Was thinking the same earlier. I renewed pretty much straight away and thought, at that point, that we’d maybe be seeing football in the latter part of the year. Now, I can’t see it happening this year whatsoever.

I would like to see some sort of scheme that allows me to commit for say £50 to retain my seat and make full payment when I know that I will be able to attend actual matches.

Ringothedog
17-04-2020, 01:11 PM

The way our defence sometimes plays that would not be a problem

No.10
17-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Hibs now offering 0% interest plan for those knocked back by the finance company - anyone had a phone call about this?

B.H.F.C
17-04-2020, 01:12 PM
I would like to see some sort of scheme that allows me to commit for say £50 to retain my seat and make full payment when I know that I will be able to attend actual matches.

To be honest they should just do away with the seat release deadline at the start of June, if there isn’t any clarification, IMO.

scooby
17-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Yes but what if this becomes the norm? Just have to adapt and get over it, things change and this could be one of the biggest changes our lives have ever seen, we can all adapt and overcome it.

Are you for real, are you really going to sit back and accept that your freedom is essentially over? If the majority of people accept this you can kiss goodbye to ever getting your life back. We are all being royally shafted and sleepwalking into a very dark and dangerous future. Everyone needs to wake up and research what's actually going on here.

scooby
17-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Hibs now offering 0% interest plan for those knocked back by the finance company - anyone had a phone call about this?

Are the finance company knocking back self employed people then? Given that the government are trying to wipe out all small businesses, that doesn't surprise me.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Are you for real, are you really going to sit back and accept that your freedom is essentially over? If the majority of people accept this you can kiss goodbye to ever getting your life back. We are all being royally shafted and sleepwalking into a very dark and dangerous future. Everyone needs to wake up and research what's actually going on here.

😂 You’re the one who needs to get real and wake up!

scooby
17-04-2020, 02:11 PM
😂 You’re the one who needs to get real and wake up!

Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal 🤣
You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you 👍

scooby
17-04-2020, 02:14 PM
A lockdown of more than a few months can't , and wont , be viable for many reasons. As an example it's estimated around 60,000 cancer patients will die if the lockdown lasts for more than 6 months. That's one disease alone.

Sadly that's exactly why it will continue.
This is not about saving lives.

Keith_M
17-04-2020, 02:24 PM
I know a couple of cancer patients that are still receiving their treatments. The lockdown will continue no doubt about it, there may be amendments but it will continue well beyond what you are suggesting.

I know of one person in her late 70s (she lives in the Worcester area) that has been diagnosed with cancer and has been told that she will not be getting treatment due to the NHS in her area being overrun with Coronavirus.

Basically, the NHS are having to take the decision in some places to prioritize who should live and who should die.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal 🤣
You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you 👍

😂 You must have cabin fever to be coming out with the amount of nonsense you are spouting 👍

I’ll leave you to it.

TrinityHibs
17-04-2020, 02:33 PM
Thought I would have come on and seen people talking about 3500 STs sold

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2020, 02:36 PM

You’re correct, apologies for taking it off track, I’m out.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Are the finance company knocking back self employed people then? Given that the government are trying to wipe out all small businesses, that doesn't surprise me.

Why would they do that?

Edit. Lest we hijack this thread, feel free to take that discussion on to another thread.

Since90+2
17-04-2020, 02:42 PM
I know of one person in her late 70s (she lives in the Worcester area) that has been diagnosed with cancer and has been told that she will not be getting treatment due to the NHS in her area being overrun with Coronavirus.

Basically, the NHS are having to take the decision in some places to prioritize who should live and who should die.

That's really unfortunate to hear but unfortunately it appears to be happening across the country. It also shows why it's too simplistic to say we need to keep lockdown indefinitely to save lives - lives will be lost from the consequences of lockdown , and potentially in greater numbers than the virus itself, if the current situation continues for too long.

Hibs1969
17-04-2020, 02:43 PM

I think once this is all over we’ll be facing a new future anyway, so I think SH is right up to a point, we’ll all have to face up to a new ‘normal’. People have readily accepted the lockdown so far, but for how much longer? When the worst is behind us, people will be much more aware of social distancing, personal hygiene and everything this virus has brought to the fore. I really don’t think things will be the same once the madness has passed, whenever that might be. It’s murder without football, it really is but sadly I don’t see us reconvening at Easter Road for many months to come.

Keith_M
17-04-2020, 02:47 PM

Fair point.

Maybe the Covid-19 discussions should be taken elsewhere.

Lago
17-04-2020, 02:52 PM
As one of the Government's advisors said today, "some form of social distancing is inevitable until a reliable vaccine is found" that tells large spectator gatherings will be a no no for some time to come. Interesting to see Ross County have decided not to put season tickets on sale because of the current uncertainty. Difficult times ahead.

James Stephen
17-04-2020, 03:13 PM

Without knowing her individual case, its different someone not beginning their treatment because a clinician.has deemed the risk of doing so to be greater than waiting (due to nature of treatment, underlying comorbidities etc)

Thats not always the same thing as the NHS being overrun or not being able to commence treatment.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2020, 04:40 PM

There are already more and more people on the roads and on the pavements now. It needs total lockdown now, or it is only going to get worse.

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2020, 04:42 PM

...ask Christophe Berra.

darwenhibby
17-04-2020, 05:14 PM

There are already more and more people on the roads and on the pavements now. It needs total lockdown now, or it is only going to get worse.

I’ve noticed this too over the last few days alsoG
But Christ sake on our street last Friday all the neighbours gathered and started drinking together and getting closer as the night moved on
One a paramedic 2 sergeant and a chief inspector
Lost total respect
We need to keep the lockdown going and obey it
Manchester has been full of cranes building skyscrapers
I can see less demand for these trendy apartments as folk will realise they are trapped in them 23 hours a day in times like this
Football can wait as much as I miss it
GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Sir David Gray
17-04-2020, 08:24 PM

To be honest I think that even a lot of people who are currently complying with the restrictions won't stick with it for as long as a year. Even without a vaccine I think we'll get to a point where hopefully the testing ramps up enough to establish that a fair amount of people have already had it and more importantly, establish that immunity exists for those who have had it. That way some kind of normality is able to be restored.

I agree that large gatherings are likely to be banned for the foreseeable future though.

I'm exactly the same. I would have personally preferred some kind of scheme where you just give a donation to the club. I'm not sure how that would have compared to the income they've got from selling 3500 season tickets but if a lot of that money is due to be refunded to supporters in about a year's time anyway, should the majority of next season be played behind closed doors, then it's not going to do Hibs much good.

I'm really struggling to see the point in buying a season ticket for next season, except to prevent it from being taken by someone else for future seasons. That's the one thing that's making me even consider buying one before June's deadline, unless of course there was to be some kind of clarity before then in terms of allowing fans back to games, which I'm certain there won't be.

hibeenicol
17-04-2020, 08:53 PM
3 season tickets purchased today, gives me that little bit of hope that we'll get back to normality soon.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2020, 06:21 AM
Yeah very good, this is all perfectly normal [emoji1787]
You'll be first in the queue for the vaccination that's going to "save" you [emoji106]

There is no Vaccine that’s why we are in the current temporary position we are in
We all have to make sacrifices at present Try being on the Front Line without Proper or enough PPE. and being exhausted trying to deal with victims of this virus which has spread because we didn’t go to social Distancing sooner
We aren’t yet over the peak People need to stay with the Guidance fir now
Things will gradually change but fir me Football is just insignificant just now

.Sean.
20-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Up to the 4000 mark now

Keith_M
20-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Up to the 4000 mark now

:aok:

Mon Dieu4
20-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Just renewed mine as well

Weegreenman
20-04-2020, 09:05 PM
I won’t be renewing. I have no idea whether I’ll have a job when all this is over. If I get lucky, I’d imagine it’ll be on a lesser contract. There are so many if’s and but’s and I just don’t see football as being that important in the grand scheme of things.

jacomo
20-04-2020, 09:06 PM
Mon the ST holders.

EVENTUALLY
22-04-2020, 03:45 PM
That's me renewed.:aok:

Earlydelivery
24-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Renewed

GloryGlory
24-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Renewed! :flag:

The Spaceman
24-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Well done everyone :aok: if you can renew, do it.

At worst case, you won't see Hibs for a wee while, but we will emerge from this as one of the strongest clubs in the nation and give ourselves a real chance to have a go when it all restarts.

Hillsidehibby
24-04-2020, 07:50 AM
3 renews yesterday and another happening today.

overdrive
24-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Just renewed. I think I must be crazy!

ano hibby
24-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Just renewed. I think I must be crazy!

Loyal, committed & generous 👍
Good man

sarfoftheborder
24-04-2020, 12:47 PM
Renewed two season tickets today. As I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it I am happy to do so. I don't expect to see football at ER for a long time so I look at this as a donation to help the club. Season ticket sales now up to 4660. GGTTH

ekhibee
24-04-2020, 01:08 PM
I won’t be renewing. I have no idea whether I’ll have a job when all this is over. If I get lucky, I’d imagine it’ll be on a lesser contract. There are so many if’s and but’s and I just don’t see football as being that important in the grand scheme of things.

I think there will be an awfull lot of people in exactly the same position as you mate, totally understand. I'm on a staggered work system at the moment, just working 1 day a week instead of the usual 5. I'm paying up the ST this year for the first time, but in all honesty if the virus situation doesn't move on pretty soon i'll be struggling. And you're quite right, football is not top of a lot of people's priorities just now, rightly so. My health, my friends and family,and particularly that of my wife, come first.

Keith_M
24-04-2020, 01:54 PM
I think there will be an awfull lot of people in exactly the same position as you mate, totally understand. I'm on a staggered work system at the moment, just working 1 day a week instead of the usual 5. I'm paying up the ST this year for the first time, but in all honesty if the virus situation doesn't move on pretty soon i'll be struggling. And you're quite right, football is not top of a lot of people's priorities just now, rightly so. My health, my friends and family,and particularly that of my wife, come first.

Take care of yourself and your family first, mate.

Franck Stanton
24-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Renewed! :flag:

Me too also. Happily I may add.

TT07
25-04-2020, 06:10 AM
In fairness I think anyone prepared to renew at this stage is taking a leap into the unknown in doing so.

I think they will extend the early bird period and that would remove putting pressure on those to do so now.

I hadn't looked at my renewal until this week and wanted to commit to support the club. We have 2 adults & a senior, west upper in our party.
Does anyone have an explanation from the club why the senior ticket has increased from £185 last season to £255 next season. That is huge hike in price consideribg the Adult only increaed by £25. My dad has been a ST holder for the 25 years. He should get a medal not a price hike.

hibee-boys
25-04-2020, 07:08 AM
I hadn't looked at my renewal until this week and wanted to commit to support the club. We have 2 adults & a senior, west upper in our party.
Does anyone have an explanation from the club why the senior ticket has increased from £185 last season to £255 next season. That is huge hike in price consideribg the Adult only increaed by £25. My dad has been a ST holder for the 25 years. He should get a medal not a price hike.

Appreciate that the increase is higher when compared to an adult price but i've always felt that the senior price was too low, previously worked out less than £10 a game. The way I see it he's getting a £165 discount of the standard price, still great value.....i know plenty seniors who've got far more disposable income than people at working age.

Keith_M
25-04-2020, 08:35 AM
Appreciate that the increase is higher when compared to an adult price but i've always felt that the senior price was too low, previously worked out less than £10 a game. The way I see it he's getting a £165 discount of the standard price, still great value.....i know plenty seniors who've got far more disposable income than people at working age.

Perhaps, but maybe a gradual price increase would have been a better approach.

PaulSmith
25-04-2020, 09:07 AM
I know everyone's personal circumstances are different but there will be thousands of people who find themselves with additional cash from their wages as there's been no-where to spend it and holidays/new cars aren't happening.

Where better to spend that 'extra income' than on a Hibs ST!

Brooster
25-04-2020, 09:34 AM
I know everyone's personal circumstances are different but there will be thousands of people who find themselves with additional cash from their wages as there's been no-where to spend it and holidays/new cars aren't happening.

Fair point PS but my 4 tickets are well over £1k which is a lot of money to lay out if I'm not getting much back for it. I would be happy to pay £100 per seat retention until things become clearer as I would like to keep our seats.

Eyrie
25-04-2020, 10:04 AM
If Hibs announced on Monday that I could retain my seat for next season with a one off payment of £50 then that would make more sense for me than buying a full price season ticket when I'm unlikely to be allowed to attend all of the games.

But it doesn't make sense for Hibs because they'd only receive £50 and not £385. The club is better off with me paying £385 now and getting a discount for season 21/22 if more than three or four games are behind closed doors.

3pm
25-04-2020, 10:06 AM
Fair point PS but my 4 tickets are well over £1k which is a lot of money to lay out if I'm not getting much back for it. I would be happy to pay £100 per seat retention until things become clearer as I would like to keep our seats.

Lot of good folk sit near you to be fair. 👀

Keith_M
25-04-2020, 10:09 AM
If Hibs announced on Monday that I could retain my seat for next season with a one off payment of £50 then that would make more sense for me than buying a full price season ticket when I'm unlikely to be allowed to attend all of the games.

But it doesn't make sense for Hibs because they'd only receive £50 and not £385. The club is better off with me paying £385 now and getting a discount for season 21/22 if more than three or four games are behind closed doors.

To be fair to people that had STs for 19/20, maybe they could delay the date at which any un-renewed seats go to open sale.

I'm sure the club wouldn't mind and I can't imagine anybody that bought a Season Ticket for 20/21 but wants to move elsewhere would mind waiting a bit longer.

It's not like anybody's going to be actually attending the games anytime soon

hibee-boys
25-04-2020, 10:45 AM
I'm 50/50 at the moment, not looking for any refund on this seasons games but the uncertainty around next season is a concern, really don't want to be paying for even more missed games.

Steven79
25-04-2020, 10:58 AM

But it doesn't make sense for Hibs because they'd only receive £50 and not £385. The club is better off with me paying £385 now and getting a discount for season 21/22 if more than three or four games are behind closed doors.That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-04-2020, 11:10 AM
If you exclude the Family Section in FF Lower, we have 14,000 seats in the home end of ER and last season we sold roughly 11,500 Season Tickets in those areas.

I think the number of ST sales will probably go down, so everybody that wants one, and is holding off for now, has nothing much to worry about.

Although it would be nice if we actually did end up selling so many STs in the three 'home' stands that we had to split the South Stand between home and away Fans

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2020, 11:55 AM
That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

Those 4000 renewed as they felt financially able to do so now, I doubt they’ll be bothered if it helps those that can’t right now.

matty_f
25-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Renewed 2 yesterday. Best part of £600 so hopefully we have a season to watch.

HibbyAndy
25-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Renewed 2

Eyrie
25-04-2020, 02:15 PM
That would be a good solution but how is that fair to the 4000 odd that have already renewed?

It's good for those like me who have yet to renew but bad for Hibs and unfair on the 4000, which is why I don't think it would work.

Hibby70
25-04-2020, 02:33 PM

Good point, I'm personally saving about £200 a month in train fares and probably another £100 in lunches (not to mention drink).

Obviously others are in different circumstances but I've effectively treated my season ticket payment as a gift to my club to keep the lights on.

Keith_M
26-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Good point, I'm personally saving about £200 a month in train fares and probably another £100 in lunches (not to mention drink).

Obviously others are in different circumstances but I've effectively treated my season ticket payment as a gift to my club to keep the lights on.

I think that's what a lot of people have done.

EH54
26-04-2020, 09:55 AM
Renewed mines and ending up buying my two year old one was gonna get him a Hibs kids but for about a tenner a month getting him a ST next to me was ideal 😁

Jamesie
28-04-2020, 06:44 AM
From Hibs’ perspective, the calling of the SPFL’s Extraordinary Meeting on 12 May means the early bird deadline will fall prior to there being any certainty as to the shape and form of next season.

Speedy
28-04-2020, 09:28 AM
From Hibs’ perspective, the calling of the SPFL’s Extraordinary Meeting on 12 May means the early bird deadline will fall prior to there being any certainty as to the shape and form of next season.

This is where Hibs have possibly scored an OG with the early bird pricing.

You only save £20 on a full price ticket so it's not a huge (price) incentive for people so you may find people decide to wait and then don't bother at all.

It's not really clear why the early bird saving is higher for concessions than it is for full price :confused:

Keith_M
28-04-2020, 01:27 PM
Have we reached the 5k mark yet?

PaulSmith
28-04-2020, 01:35 PM

Are the two connected, I didn’t think the EGM has any material bearing on reconstruction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
28-04-2020, 01:39 PM
This is where Hibs have possibly scored an OG with the early bird pricing.

You only save £20 on a full price ticket so it's not a huge (price) incentive for people so you may find people decide to wait and then don't bother at all.

It's not really clear why the early bird saving is higher for concessions than it is for full price :confused:

You're right, £20 not much of a saving for people buying full price tickets, I suspect the deadline for the payment plan would be the bigger driver for people to sign up by that date......and then when the seats are released date in June. I'll be holding back until then at least, hopefully clearer how next season will look by then.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Are the two connected, I didn’t think the EGM has any material bearing on reconstruction?

Don’t think they can call the leagues until the EGM, in case they find anything suspicious in the vote

Sir David Gray
28-04-2020, 02:09 PM
You're right, £20 not much of a saving for people buying full price tickets, I suspect the deadline for the payment plan would be the bigger driver for people to sign up by that date......and then when the seats are released date in June. I'll be holding back until then at least, hopefully clearer how next season will look by then.

Just to be clear, the payment plan deadline falls on the same date (Friday 8th May) as the Early Bird deadline.

hibbyfraelibby
28-04-2020, 03:44 PM

The EGM on the 12th is to pander to The Thes faux outrage at legitimate SPFL lobbying in support of their vote to call a halt to the leagues. Budges proposal is a different matter

Lago
28-04-2020, 03:57 PM
I see Dunfermline have decided not to put St up for sale until they know what the league situation will be. I wonder how Hibs will handle it if social distancing is still in place even after any closed doors games are lifted. How can you allocate specific seats, what happens if attendance is limited to less than total STs sold, going to take a lot of planning.

Since452
29-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Over 5000 sold now

Peevemor
29-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Brilliant effort.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200429/bc437b4b98cb1e806a787938476f85f9.jpg

Ronniekirk
29-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Very impressive Still holding off from renewing at present but like my seat so don’t want to give it up so just a matter of when I renew mine

Keith_M
29-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Over 5000 sold now

:top marks

ancient hibee
29-04-2020, 12:51 PM
I see Dunfermline have decided not to put St up for sale until they know what the league situation will be. I wonder how Hibs will handle it if social distancing is still in place even after any closed doors games are lifted. How can you allocate specific seats, what happens if attendance is limited to less than total STs sold, going to take a lot of planning.

If social distancing is in place there will be no spectators as it will be impossible to monitor access to the ground and even worse the leaving of the ground.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2020, 12:56 PM

Never going to happen that social distancing will be implemented at mass gatherings. Crowds will either be allowed or they won’t.

JohnM1875
29-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Over 5000 sold is an outstanding effort to date! Really impressive stuff.

RossScott1991
29-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Very impressive Still holding off from renewing at present but like my seat so don’t want to give it up so just a matter of when I renew mine

Where I’m at, plan in renewing but was holding out hope for keeping seat date being pushed back but doesn’t seem likely

Sir David Gray
29-04-2020, 01:25 PM

All fans will be banned until it's safe for all fans to attend.

There's no way some fans will be allowed and some won't, on a game by game basis.

It would be a logistical nightmare.

Lago
29-04-2020, 02:43 PM
All fans will be banned until it's safe for all fans to attend.

There's no way some fans will be allowed and some won't, on a game by game basis.

It would be a logistical nightmare.
You've summed up pretty well the point I was trying to make. 👍

Bobby's Cinema
29-04-2020, 03:07 PM
As they say it’s better to have the points on the board, or in this case ‘tickets sold’.

Regardless of what I may think as a fan being asked to part with cash surrounded by a lack of clarity, Hibs have managed the whole process very well IMO to maximise things. From deferral of wages to the marketing of Thank you NHS, to the extent it actually feels we have a wave behind us.

Those that haven’t yet put anything on sale are going to find themselves left dangerously behind IMO, particularly given the likelihood that there will be no bums on seats for some time. The closer we get to that confirmation the slower the uptake you would think.

So while some myself included may have questioned the morality of putting them on sale when we did, looks a great move now. GGTTH

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Time to update the thread title?

green day
29-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Remind me, is early bird deadline next Friday - 8th?

I may now be able to swing it financially, probably need til next week to be sure.

Eyrie
29-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Remind me, is early bird deadline next Friday - 8th?

I may now be able to swing it financially, probably need til next week to be sure.

It is.

I'll be renewing mine next week to meet the cut off.

green day
29-04-2020, 03:29 PM
It is.

I'll be renewing mine next week to meet the cut off.

Thanks, yes I think I will be too now a few of the Govt schemes have become clearer for Self Emp.

GreenCastle
29-04-2020, 04:00 PM
5000 in a month is pretty impressive.

Except a surge in the next week or so before the early bird deadline.

The Spaceman
29-04-2020, 04:02 PM
If we can get to c.8,000 without even knowing when a ball is next going to be kicked, that would be absolutely outstanding :hibees

Keith_M
29-04-2020, 04:05 PM
As they say it’s better to have the points on the board, or in this case ‘tickets sold’.

Regardless of what I may think as a fan being asked to part with cash surrounded by a lack of clarity, Hibs have managed the whole process very well IMO to maximise things. From deferral of wages to the marketing of Thank you NHS, to the extent it actually feels we have a wave behind us.

Those that haven’t yet put anything on sale are going to find themselves left dangerously behind IMO, particularly given the likelihood that there will be no bums on seats for some time. The closer we get to that confirmation the slower the uptake you would think.

So while some myself included may have questioned the morality of putting them on sale when we did, looks a great move now. GGTTH

I don't think it's morally questionable if it was driven by the fans desire to simply keep the club alive.

That really is my main motivation and I suspect it's the same for plenty of others (lots of people on here have posted as much).

murray26
29-04-2020, 04:06 PM
5000 is a unbelievable amount all things considered..

Bobby's Cinema
29-04-2020, 04:12 PM
I don't think it's morally questionable if it was driven by the fans desire to simply keep the club alive.

That really is my main motivation and I suspect it's the same for plenty of others (lots of people on here have posted as much).
Morality is the wrong word should have said timing.

And I agree I think those that are renewing are doing so for the love of the club to keep it going with no real expectation on what games they may get from it.

A Hi-Bee
29-04-2020, 04:15 PM
5000 is a unbelievable amount all things considered..

Fantastic effort our pink chums will be pleased to hear.

:hibees

linlithgowhibbie
29-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Guessing 5000 x average of £200 = £1,000,000 in the bank!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kojock
29-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Never going to happen that social distancing will be implemented at mass gatherings. Crowds will either be allowed or they won’t.

So tell me again why you got barred from ER. Well I was social distancing, it was 1-1 v Hear7s and Doidge scored late late on and I ran to celebrate with my mates. Joking apart how can you exit a stadium maintaining social distancing. As you say crowds will either be allowed or they won’t.

G B Young
29-04-2020, 05:30 PM
It's a phenomenal display of loyalty, especially bearing in mind we're unlikely to be able to attend games for a long time to come.

Paul1642
29-04-2020, 05:36 PM
How many did we sell this (last) season not including half season tickets?

And does anyone know how many we had sold at this stage last year? Openly to lazy to search myself :)

Keith_M
29-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Morality is the wrong word should have said timing.

And I agree I think those that are renewing are doing so for the love of the club to keep it going with no real expectation on what games they may get from it.

Fair enough, mate

:aok:

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Amazing effort from the fans.[emoji106][emoji3]

Suburban Hibby
29-04-2020, 06:15 PM
First season ticket in 30 years just purchased along with my lad’s first one. Here we go...

Sir David Gray
29-04-2020, 06:32 PM
If we can get to c.8,000 without even knowing when a ball is next going to be kicked, that would be absolutely outstanding :hibees

5000 is absolutely outstanding. I never expected anything like that at this stage, given the circumstances.

Bobby's Cinema
29-04-2020, 06:59 PM
First season ticket in 30 years just purchased along with my lad’s first one. Here we go...

Brilliant. The futures bright the futures green and white!

King Cosell
29-04-2020, 07:02 PM
Guessing 5000 x average of £200 = £1,000,000 in the bank!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Average closer to £300, I'd say.

tamig
29-04-2020, 07:35 PM

Agreed. Me too. Renewed at the first opportunity. This will be a tremendous boost to the club in the current climate.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2020, 07:47 PM
I was a bit nervous about spending the cash for renewing with the financial uncertainty for me, however I was also concerned at losing my current seat that I have had for many years and hoping there would be an extension for seat retention. As that is not looking likely I have decided to take the plunge and will renew this weekend.

greenlex
29-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Renewed at the weekend.:flag::flag:

Col2
29-04-2020, 08:12 PM

Superb!!! Well done!! You will never look back. 👍

Garymcl
29-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Well done guys renewing my st next week brilliant response let’s keep this going like many I’m doing this for the love of my club we don’t know when new season will start but it’s important to give the club and manager the resources to put the club in a great position when it does start please renew if you can Ggtth

JammyDoidger
29-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Just got one for my oldest. First season ticket. :flag:

hibsfan7
29-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Just renewed tonight

Ronniekirk
30-04-2020, 06:25 AM
Not so fussed about Early bird offer but when is deadline to renew that allows you to buy and get your existing seat
Had this fir last three Seasons and don’t want to loose it

Since452
30-04-2020, 07:14 AM
After my fifth week stuck in with the wife I've purchased a season ticket 😂 First since I was a laddie. Roll on the football starting

InchHibby
30-04-2020, 07:19 AM
I think it’s absolutely brilliant that so many have renewed even with the uncertainty of when we will actually see a ball being kicked and yes, it is for the most part, we love our club. Keep it going guys and gals, let’s get it to 7-8 thousand or even more. GGTTH

Since90+2
What is the seat release deadline?

Sir David Gray
Not so fussed about Early bird offer but when is deadline to renew that allows you to buy and get your existing seat
Had this fir last three Seasons and don’t want to loose it

4th June.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2020, 07:20 AM
What is the seat release deadline?

See above - 4th June.

Keith_M
30-04-2020, 07:35 AM
Please note that this really isn't a dig at anybody, I'm just curious.

Why does getting the exact same seat that you sat in last season mean so much to some people? Would it honestly make a major difference if you were a few rows behind or in front of your existing seat?

I remember some people making a similar point when it was proposed to have a temporary move of the singing section for one game last season, with some folk insisting they would be raging if they had to sit in an adjacent section.

weecounty hibby
30-04-2020, 07:37 AM

Why does getting the exact same seat that you sat in last season mean so much to some people? Would it honestly make a major difference if you were a few rows behind or in front of your existing seat?

I remember some people making a similar point when it was proposed to have a temporary move of the singing section for one game last season, with some folk insisting they would be raging if they had to sit in an adjacent section.
I want to keep my seat because it is a great seat and a great view. Front row of FF upper. Others will want to keep them cos they sit next to friends and family, others because they may have sat there for years, maybe because it's easy to exit the stadium, easy to get to etc. Many different reasons I would think

Peevemor
30-04-2020, 07:38 AM

Mostly to do with people understandably wanting to sit beside their mates.

Ronniekirk
30-04-2020, 07:40 AM

Great view from East right on centre line See players coming out tunnels d good view of both half s of pitch ,and like the people I sit beside simple as that

One Day
30-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Our group of 6 renewed yesterday with a couple still to do it next week

Speedy
30-04-2020, 07:47 AM

The main reason I get a season ticket is for a catch up with my Dad. Currently the closest ticket is about 10 rows away.

I could save a fair bit by buying walkup (I miss a few games at the best of time) so if the seats aren't together there is no benefit to having a season ticket.

Keith_M
30-04-2020, 08:04 AM
I want to keep my seat because it is a great seat and a great view. Front row of FF upper. Others will want to keep them cos they sit next to friends and family, others because they may have sat there for years, maybe because it's easy to exit the stadium, easy to get to etc. Many different reasons I would think

Mostly to do with people understandably wanting to sit beside their mates.

Great view from East right on centre line See players coming out tunnels d good view of both half s of pitch ,and like the people I sit beside simple as that

The main reason I get a season ticket is for a catch up with my Dad. Currently the closest ticket is about 10 rows away.

I could save a fair bit by buying walkup (I miss a few games at the best of time) so if the seats aren't together there is no benefit to having a season ticket.

Thanks for the replies.

Seems to be mostly to sit with family and mates.

....though the front row of the FF Upper did make me a bit jealous :wink:

CentreLine
30-04-2020, 08:26 AM
I’m hoping the person next to me doesn’t renew because I’ve got a fat arse and would buy that seat just for the extra room 🥺

Siralbertkidd
30-04-2020, 08:34 AM
I might have missed something, but I thought all Season Ticket Money went into the Transfer Fund?
If this is still the case, I am not sure of the benefit to the Club by holding onto the early bird date so soon?

Peevemor
30-04-2020, 08:38 AM
I might have missed something, but I thought all Season Ticket Money went into the Transfer Fund?
If this is still the case, I am not sure of the benefit to the Club by holding onto the early bird date so soon?

I don't think that's ever been said.

danhibees1875
30-04-2020, 08:39 AM

I think that's the HSL money you're thinking of here.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2020, 08:42 AM

I sit next to my laddie and brother in law is behind me, I know lots of the people around me as we’ve all been in the same seats for years and I have an end of row seat that I like.

bingo70
30-04-2020, 09:05 AM
I’ve seen people with images of hibs strips with their name on the back and the number of season ticket holder they are, how are they getting that?

I just renewed my Father in laws for him and would like to send it to him.

I’ll be getting mine tomorrow.

Garymcl
30-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Renewing our group of 4 tomorrow looking forward to seeing our names on screen when they hit the 6000 mark brilliant response by our brilliant fans keep the feel good factor going :flag:Ggtth

danhibees1875
30-04-2020, 09:22 AM
I’ve seen people with images of hibs strips with their name on the back and the number of season ticket holder they are, how are they getting that?

I just renewed my Father in laws for him and would like to send it to him.

I’ll be getting mine tomorrow.

Hibs were releasing a video every thousand purchases with names and numbers flashing up quickly.

A bit of patience and a lot of screenshots is one way to get it. There might be an easier way. :dunno:

Siralbertkidd
30-04-2020, 09:24 AM
I don't think that's ever been said.

Checked back, long thread ago, and Caversham Green points out what was actually said was that Season Tickey money goes towards the Playing Budget and so it was a misinterpretation that all money was for Transfer Fees. I stand corrected!.....but I still think they should extend the Early Bird :agree:

edinburghhibee
30-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Brilliant effort from everyone [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Keep it up!!

bingo70
30-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Hibs were releasing a video every thousand purchases with names and numbers flashing up quickly.

A bit of patience and a lot of screenshots is one way to get it. There might be an easier way. :dunno:

Ah cheers, I only got his this morning so I’m guessing we’ll need to wait until we get to the 6,000 mark then before Hibs do that again.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Ah cheers, I only got his this morning so I’m guessing we’ll need to wait until we get to the 6,000 mark then before Hibs do that again.

I might be wrong but I don't think they've done it since we reached 2000.

Mon Dieu4
30-04-2020, 09:54 AM

They did it yesterday for 5 and have done the inbetween numbers too:aok:

I sat for half an hour trying to stop it on mine and my pals

Peevemor
30-04-2020, 09:56 AM

No, they've done every block of 1000

https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/videos/1591507564330013/

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1255488875193143298

bod
30-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Checked back, long thread ago, and Caversham Green points out what was actually said was that Season Tickey money goes towards the Playing Budget and so it was a misinterpretation that all money was for Transfer Fees. I stand corrected!.....but I still think they should extend the Early Bird :agree:

Don’t think it’s misinterpretation,means they can use the money in different wayes

Sir David Gray
30-04-2020, 09:58 AM
They did it yesterday for 5 and have done the inbetween numbers too:aok:

I sat for half an hour trying to stop it on mine and my pals

No, they've done every block of 1000

https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/videos/1591507564330013/

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1255488875193143298

Fair enough I stand corrected. I had seen the updates of every 1000 sold but hadn't seen the name thing for a while.

Then yes the next update will be 6000.

hibbymac
30-04-2020, 10:02 AM

:agree: Yeah, the numbers have no direct relation to the season ticket, they just post the video with quick,(very quick) pictures flashing on the screen in alphabetical order with the numbers, say, 5001-6000.

If you pause the video, then "slide" through the numbers, a bit patience and a steady hand are helpful :greengrin , then you can screen shot the picture, unless there is an easier way. :aok:

Peevemor
30-04-2020, 10:03 AM
:agree: Yeah, the numbers have no direct relation to the season ticket, they just post the video with quick,(very quick) pictures flashing on the screen in alphabetical order with the numbers, say, 5001-6000.

If you pause the video, then "slide" through the numbers, a bit patience and a steady hand are helpful :greengrin , then you can screen shot the picture, unless there is an easier way. :aok:

I think they're brilliant.

hibbymac
30-04-2020, 10:06 AM
I think they're brilliant.

:agree: :aok: I managed to get my own and my grandsons, ... after about 20 minutes :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2020, 10:49 AM

No need for screenshots There is an free to use open source video editor called Olive you can use. Allows you to frame capture. Just upload the vid. Scroll through to your shot.

Sauzee67
30-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Just got me and my son's season tickets this morning, money well spent. GGTTH.

Callum7
30-04-2020, 11:42 AM

I screen recorded it on my phone. This meant I could scroll through it nice and slowly to find my name and screenshot it from there.

hibbymac
30-04-2020, 11:53 AM
No need for screenshots There is an free to use open source video editor called Olive you can use. Allows you to frame capture. Just upload the vid. Scroll through to your shot.

I screen recorded it on my phone. This meant I could scroll through it nice and slowly to find my name and screenshot it from there.

:aok: Every day is a school day ( well maybe no in lockdown ) :greengrin

CraigHibee
30-04-2020, 02:08 PM
renewed mine yesterday :thumbsup:

Pilrig_Sauzee
30-04-2020, 02:55 PM
Renewed last week. Understand if folk are worried about cash and can’t commit, family first. But even if I don’t see a single ball kicked, am backing the Club.

04Sauzee
30-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Some good thought out chat on kickback about hibs selling 5k tickets

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188584-season-ticket-latest/page/4/#comments

PISTOL1875
30-04-2020, 04:19 PM

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188584-season-ticket-latest/page/4/#comments

So if we don't sell another 10,000 then we will be bust

Better run out and buy mines sharpish....

danhibees1875
30-04-2020, 04:26 PM

Are they mocking us for paying our players? :confused:

weecounty hibby
30-04-2020, 04:28 PM

I wish I hadn't read that now. I'm thinking that my 500+ for me and my son has been completely wasted. Why does manymanypointsback seem to have so many financial experts and mathematical geniuses all in the one place. And yet none of them saw what was about to happen when mad Vlad reamed them sideways?

greenginger
30-04-2020, 04:55 PM
I wish I hadn't read that now. I'm thinking that my 500+ for me and my son has been completely wasted. Why does manymanypointsback seem to have so many financial experts and mathematical geniuses all in the one place. And yet none of them saw what was about to happen when mad Vlad reamed them sideways?

Or when a stand doubled in price or their club kept signing new players without offloading the previous batch or ended up with far more coaches/directors of football than needed.

Onion
30-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Are they mocking us for paying our players? :confused:

Yip, but we should take council from a club that has pissed £30M down the wall since the last time they went broke :aok:

In many way's we'll miss their pearls of wisdom. Our loss will be Raith Rover's gain :thumbsup:

Since452
30-04-2020, 05:53 PM

Hearts will no doubt lie about their figure. Remember they sold 20k tickets to Rangers fans and 8k to Aberdeen at Murrayfield then claimed they had a larger average attendance than Hibs 😂

The Spaceman
30-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Hearts will no doubt lie about their figure. Remember they sold 20k tickets to Rangers fans and 8k to Aberdeen at Murrayfield then claimed they had a larger average attendance than Hibs 😂

Kickback already claiming we need to sell 15,000 full price STs to cover our wage deferral and failure to land a shirt sponsor :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hearts have not even reached 2,000 yet, by the way.

Since452
30-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Kickback already claiming we need to sell 15,000 full price STs to cover our wage deferral and failure to land a shirt sponsor :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hearts have not even reached 2,000 yet, by the way.

They really aren't the brightest. I'm sure the unprecedented sales so far will more than cover the deferred wages already. They maybe think we throw 7/8k per week at bang average players like they do.

macca70
30-04-2020, 06:12 PM
They really aren't the brightest. I'm sure the unprecedented sales so far will more than cover the deferred wages already. They maybe think we throw 7/8k per week at bang average players like they do.

Exactly, they are slagging our club for deferring wages on the basis of ‘where are we going to get the funds in the future to at the deferred wages?’ but at least it eases the financial burden on the club now.

Even with there players agreeing a wage cut, their wage bill is probably still higher than us. They will be bust long before we encounter severe financial difficulties.

Peevemor
30-04-2020, 06:16 PM
Exactly, they are slagging our club for deferring wages on basis where are we going to get the funds in the future but at least it eases the financial burden on the club now.

Even with there players agreeing a wage cut, their wage bill is probably still higher than us. They will be bust long before we encounter severe financial difficulties.JKB is over run by dicks. There are jambos who are capable of understanding this stuff, but brokeback is full of clueless eejits who think they're smart.

Since452
30-04-2020, 06:44 PM
JKB is over run by dicks. There are jambos who are capable of understanding this stuff, but brokeback is full of clueless eejits who think they're smart.

It's getting more like Rangers Media and Follow Follow by the day. Utter delusion and denial of the truth.

tamig
30-04-2020, 07:54 PM

They’re not very bright. They do realise its only a smallish percentage thats been deferred? Probably not.

matty_f
01-05-2020, 01:18 AM

I've always liked the thought of having "my" seat at Easter Road. When I got my first season ticket my intention was to pretty much have it every season until such a time comes that I can't go to games any more. It's as much a sentimental thing as anything for me.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-05-2020, 04:27 AM

Damn! They make some really good points

I wonder if hibs will refund me if I use the solid arguments they make...

What a bunch o puddle drinkers

PompeyHibs
01-05-2020, 05:46 AM
I do think Hearts fans are stupid at times!!

The majority of Hibs income for this season 19/20 is received early via tv money and season tickets sales. When the season is declared ended Hibs will receive remaining money = no issues.
A small percentage of income will be lost due to 1. League placing (but no guarantee we would have finished higher than 7th) plus 2. Additional revenue generated by x4 home games plus 3. Any income the club receives outside football for hire of facilities etc (conference rooms, party hire etc)

What Hibs are doing is protecting cashflows by deferring a % of already planned wages . That keeps our cash position good while we wait for monies due plus Hibs will have this planned in to pay players on (x) date

Hibs will only suffer next season if season ticket sales fall and tv money etc unable to be paid in its usual format!
But im sure if that was the case Hibs would have prepared several scenario plans! Hibs would then put in place the correct measures that would reduce costs to match predicted incomes!

Furlough scheme: Hibs are currently receiving 80% of wages up to £2.5k pm for (x) amount of players and staff. In the short term this is good as pre CV-19 Hibs would of had to pay 100% of wages. The government grant is an unplanned revenue stream that is likely to yeild a good % of lost income.

You got to love YAM mathematics - they are clutching at straws as their team have a bleak future in the championship with major reduced income

Keith_M
01-05-2020, 06:31 AM

The wisdom of Kickback knows no bounds.

For any Jambos looking in;

If we owe money to the players, they are part of the club... so we basically owe it to ourselves.

Nothing to worry about, guys.

Phil MaGlass
01-05-2020, 07:05 AM
I've always liked the thought of having "my" seat at Easter Road. When I got my first season ticket my intention was to pretty much have it every season until such a time comes that I can't go to games any more. It's as much a sentimental thing as anything for me.

You can also sit with mates or folk you have spent seasons sitting next to.

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2020, 07:47 AM

Agreed me too,I would pay to have my name on it if that ever became possible.

scoopyboy
01-05-2020, 12:40 PM
That's mine and my laddies renewed.

GGTTH.

Garymcl
01-05-2020, 01:18 PM
So proud to be a hibby at this moment and time keep it going ggtth

04Sauzee
01-05-2020, 02:01 PM
Bradford City have suspended season ticket sales, not expecting to play football in front of crowds until 2021

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/club-statement-city-for-all-202021-season-tickets/

matty_f
01-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Agreed me too,I would pay to have my name on it if that ever became possible.

That's a great idea. I'd love that. I got an East Stand Stone when they were launched to have something with a sense of permanency at Easter Road, would like one on the West seeing as that's where my seat is, however having one in the East, and we got one for my son at the West when they were launched will do.

Having the name on the seat would be a really good touch.

Heisenberg
01-05-2020, 03:09 PM
Bradford City have suspended season ticket sales, not expecting to play football in front of crowds until 2021

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/club-statement-city-for-all-202021-season-tickets/

Be interesting to see what the club would do in that scenario.

brianmc
01-05-2020, 04:31 PM
I renewed my 2 earlier today. Lynn at the ticket office was a great help in sorting out the payment plan 💚

chippy
01-05-2020, 04:51 PM

if it goes like this then I hope Ron is prepared to offer shares to us 5000 season ticket holders in lieu of a full or partial refund even allowing for live TV. Circa £1.5 million at least would be disastrous for Hibs to fully refund

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
if it goes like this then I hope Ron is prepared to offer shares to us 5000 season ticket holders in lieu of a full or partial refund even allowing for live TV. Circa £1.5 million at least would be disastrous for Hibs to fully refund

Why would he do that?

H18 SFR
01-05-2020, 04:57 PM
If next season does start behind closed doors I’d be all for the club showing the games online for free. Try and hook in some more fans and hopefully the half season tickets when the gates open again will be flying off the shelves.

chippy
01-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Why would he do that?

What are you implying? That if next season is cancelled or reduced and/ or it’s on TV live that Ron shouldn’t be offering season ticket holders some recompense. Do you think 5000 season ticket holders plus will just say ah just keep the dough ?

ancient hibee
01-05-2020, 05:27 PM
What are you implying? That if next season is cancelled or reduced and/ or it’s on TV live that Ron shouldn’t be offering season ticket holders some recompense. Do you think 5000 season ticket holders plus will just say ah just keep the dough ?

On that principle how much do you think he should offer back for this season?

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2020, 05:30 PM

I'm asking why would he give season-ticket holders shares.

If these are new shares, why would he dilute his own personal shareholding?

If they're existing shares, why would he give away shares that he has paid for?

And, what value would they be to the ST holders, most of whom will probably already be shareholders?

GonzoReturns
01-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Of course want football next season but if it doesn’t happen or is a shortened season etc then not wanting anything back. Renewed with eyes wide open seen it as a donation as much as anything else. Appreciate not everyone who has renewed will feel the same.

The 90+2
01-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Of course want football next season but if it doesn’t happen or is a shortened season etc then not wanting anything back. Renewed with eyes wide open seen it as a donation as much as anything else. Appreciate not everyone who has renewed will feel the same.

No offence, but anyone who doesn’t share your point of view has more money than brains. Surely everyone knows the risk factor in buying now?

GonzoReturns
01-05-2020, 05:52 PM
No offence, but anyone who doesn’t share your point of view has more money than brains. Surely everyone knows the risk factor in buying now?

You would hope so!!

PaulSmith
01-05-2020, 08:00 PM
I think Hibs will limit ST sales very shortly to allow them to comply with social distancing measures when the season starts in August.

Steven79
01-05-2020, 08:05 PM
I think Hibs will limit ST sales very shortly to allow them to comply with social distancing measures when the season starts in August.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThey would have to assign people other seats for that to work.

Me personally I can't see us attending a match anytime soon and that's despite our family purchasing 4 season tickets.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2020, 08:07 PM
They would have to assign people other seats for that to work.

Me personally I can't see us attending a match anytime soon and that's despite our family purchasing 4 season tickets.

Well some Steven, you’re right, but there’s no reason if next season starts late, we can’t play more games later in the season
Maybe Scottish Cup etc, can move to midweek, and no replays

PaulSmith
01-05-2020, 08:19 PM
They would have to assign people other seats for that to work.

Why couldn’t Hibs do exactly that and keep family groups together, spaced out from other groups.

All entirely doable.