PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT

RSS Bot
10-04-2020, 04:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10615)

calumhibee1
10-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Well worded. Can’t agree more!

Power
10-04-2020, 04:15 PM
I know my comments were lost in the KP voting thread green maze.

Just wanted to thank the support again for all the feedback, opinions and engagement recently, makes it really simple for me to represent us.

The club will always do what’s in it’s best interest of the club, it’s people and supporters.

The 90+2
10-04-2020, 04:17 PM
‘Mon the cabbage.

The 90+2
10-04-2020, 04:18 PM

Just wanted to thank the support again for all the feedback, opinions and engagement from recently, makes it really simple for me to represent us.

The club will always do what’s in it’s best interest of the club, it’s people and supporters.

Thanks Kieran, you’re doing some job mate, it’s all appreciated. 👍

Mon Dieu4
10-04-2020, 04:18 PM

Just wanted to thank the support again for all the feedback, opinions and engagement from recently, makes it really simple for me to represent us.

Your a good man KP, was never in doubt of the way you wanted us to go!!

Peevemor
10-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Well done Hibs.

Even though supporting the proposal hurts us, we did so for the greater good.

Nobody can argue with that.

stoneyburn hibs
10-04-2020, 04:20 PM

Just wanted to thank the support again for all the feedback, opinions and engagement recently, makes it really simple for me to represent us.

You've been excellent in communication, well done Kieran.

Gerard
10-04-2020, 04:20 PM
The club is doing the right thing at a time of great difficulty for our country.

The Baldmans Comb
10-04-2020, 04:21 PM
We are very lucky to have such a top class fan rep who represents us all so well.

Breath of fresh air and thank you.

hfc rd
Well done Hibs! 👍🏽

The correct and only sensible decision available.

WoreTheGreen

I did hesitate to renew our 5 STs but I think the club has acted with complete professionalism and dignity. Tickets bought

green day

Well done KP, tough gig at the moment, but your doing a good job.

3pm
10-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Played Hibs.

GIRUY if you are affected (excluding Partick and Stranraer).

hfc rd
10-04-2020, 04:22 PM

You’ve been brilliant since day one Kieran! Keep up the good work mate 👍🏽

Big_Franck
10-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Well done Hibs, happy with that. A properly thought out, well written statement as is becoming the norm at our club.

yonder1875
10-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Good statement and the only real sensible thing to do.

Hearts fans seem to have taken our vote far more personally than the other clubs to vote for it. Haha.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Right decision Hibs.

The Harp Awakes
10-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Well done Hibs, whatever way the vote goes this is the correct decision. :not worth

SMAXXA
10-04-2020, 04:31 PM
Well done Hibs absolutely the right decision

Mr Grieves
10-04-2020, 04:31 PM
We've done the right thing for us, that's all that matters.

Craig_HFC
10-04-2020, 04:32 PM
Happy that Hibs have done the sensible thing and voted to end the season as it stands. Trying to play 8 games of this season before starting next is just completely unworkable, especially if they couldn't be played until August.

I’d have wanted this even if Hearts weren’t bottom of the league, it’s just a massive ****ing bonus that they are.

:cb

Onion
10-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Right decision. If passed, I suspect Hibs will be rewarded with enough additional season tickets to make up for the lost £130k prize money. Hibs fans have already responded well. We all need to dig deep and GIVE the club the best chance of getting through this horrible spell.

Oh. and stuff the Hearts 👍

matty_f
10-04-2020, 04:37 PM
Spot on from Hibs, taking the rivalry out of the equation, this is the only reasonable option. All the teams will have to realise that eventually.

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Spot on from Hibs, taking the rivalry out of the equation, this is the only reasonable option. All the teams will have to realise that eventually.

It’s the most reasonable. No option will keep everyone happy - this one pisses off the least people/clubs.

It’s a noisy minority we’ll have to deal with for a few weeks then everyone will move on.

mjhibby
10-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Well done Hibs, happy with that. A properly thought out, well written statement as is becoming the norm at our club.

Hibs class obviously.

Kojock
10-04-2020, 04:53 PM
And that is the reason I’m proud to be a Hibby.

Pretty Boy
10-04-2020, 04:56 PM
There is no option to please everyone, anything that is decided from null and void to as you are upsets someone. With 30 games played the option on the table is the 'least bad'.

I see 10 Premiership clubs have voted in favour with 1 against and 1 still to vote according to the BBC. That suggests Aberdeen have seen sense as well.

SetonClapper
10-04-2020, 05:18 PM

Playing devil's advocate here, what makes it simpler for you to represent us ? Are you referring to the result of the poll ?

chasitup
10-04-2020, 05:27 PM
The longer this goes on, the more difficult it is to see a way to play the remaining games before a realistic start to next season. It's the right decision looking at the bigger picture.

whiskyhibby
10-04-2020, 05:28 PM
Well played Hibs, absolutely right in the circumstances

jacomo
10-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Well done Hibs.

Even though supporting the proposal hurts us, we did so for the greater good.

Nobody can argue with that.

Exactly we are suffering here and likely dropping a place.

WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR HIBS?

Crab apple
10-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Good statement by the club and exactly the right decision given the circumstances.

Power
10-04-2020, 05:41 PM
Playing devil's advocate here, what makes it simpler for you to represent us ? Are you referring to the result of the poll ?

Good question. That and more. There’s lots of Hibs platforms out there - it’s really quick to tap in and find out how we’re feeling, what needs club attention and action - we’re super engaged and a well informed fanbase. I’ve mentioned before about the intelligence, knowledge and experience of the support in general and that makes transferring views really smooth.

Phil MaGlass
10-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Are they relegated yet, i read somewhere 1 more team has to vote.

1van Sprou7e
10-04-2020, 05:55 PM
One championship team still to vote which will decide jt, probably ICT or maybe dundee

Unbelievable that this has been released publicly, this team now holds the day of the spfl in its hands....

Keith_M
10-04-2020, 05:56 PM
According to the Daily Record (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-shutdown-shambles-clubs-fail-21847606), the resolution has failed.

I don't know if that's just them putting their spin on the results but they're claiming that three clubs have failed to vote and are taking advantage of a loophole in the rules.

EDIT: Actually, the article says three clubs at one point then later says it's just one.

Roxyhibee
10-04-2020, 06:00 PM
Good question. That and more. There’s lots of Hibs platforms out there - it’s really quick to tap in and find out how we’re feeling, what needs club attention and action - we’re super engaged and a well informed fanbase. I’ve mentioned before about the intelligence, knowledge and experience of the support in general and that makes transferring views really smooth.

Well from one of the (slightly.!) older Hibs fans who has little interest in social media, I’d like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my opinion on this forum and vote on this important issue for my Club.

1van Sprou7e
10-04-2020, 06:00 PM
According to the Daily Record (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-shutdown-shambles-clubs-fail-21847606), the resolution has failed.

I don't know if that's just them putting their spin on the results but they're claiming that three clubs have failed to vote and are taking advantage of a loophole in the rules.

EDIT: Actually, the article says three clubs at one point then later says it's just one.

The resolution hadn't failed, and the record aren't claiming that either

We've just simply failed to conclude it at this moment

Keith_M
10-04-2020, 06:05 PM
The resolution hadn't failed, and the record aren't claiming that either

We've just simply failed to conclude it at this moment

OK, they didn't say it has failed immediately, but it's more that it's not looking good at the moment.

"That essentially means the entire proposal hangs in the balance of the one unconfirmed second-tier club yet to vote -

but there are fears that if the delay lasts much longer some already struggling clubs could go out of business."

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Don’t agree with the announcement effectively adding weight to the remaining votes. Membership of the association should mandate that the ballot / vote concludes (there must be a rule on abstentions but for matters
Of such importance surely a vote must be cast?)

B.H.F.C
10-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Don’t agree with the announcement effectively adding weight to the remaining votes. Membership of the association should mandate that the ballot / vote concludes (there must be a rule on abstentions but for matters
Of such importance surely a vote must be cast?)

Their rules are that clubs have 28 days to cast their vote. SPFL have asked them to do it in 48 hours.

Ridiculous situation!

FilipinoHibs
10-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Well done Hibs. Right decision.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2020, 06:37 PM
Their rules are that clubs have 28 days to cast their vote. SPFL have asked them to do it in 48 hours.

Ridiculous situation!

That’s fine rules is rules but exceptional circumstances - announcing the vote whilst all votes are not cast seems to be a failure of governance.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2020, 06:41 PM
That’s fine rules is rules but exceptional circumstances - announcing the vote whilst all votes are not cast seems to be a failure of governance.

Agree with that. And the same clown will still be failing in that respect next year, the year after and so on.

Scouse Hibee
10-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Many Hearts fans and indeed some Hibs fans are acting as if the ballot paper had an option that said “relegate Hearts” 😂

JimBHibees
10-04-2020, 07:28 PM
Good statement right decision given the circumstances.

mjhibby
10-04-2020, 08:07 PM

Ridiculous situation!

Only in Scotland. How Mickey mouse do we look.

CMurdoch
10-04-2020, 08:28 PM
As Tug Wilson said on the other thread
The real issue at hand is not Hearts but the new TV deal.
The SPFL will be terrified that SKY TV will be looking for a way out of the deal. Protection of this new lucrative deal is their and our main (possibly only) concern. This issue drove every clubs decision with the exception of Hearts, who were walking in different shoes.

Hibs like all the other clubs is all about the money and making sure they get as much of it as possible. It's what drives their decisions, even more so at this time. Anyone who thought Hearts or a tiny noisy minority threatening not to buy season tickets were at the centre of the boards thought process on this are naive. It's all about the business and all the other stuff is in a few supporters heads.

Lago
10-04-2020, 09:53 PM
My thoughts exactly, this could go on and on and on. 🙄

Andy74
10-04-2020, 09:58 PM

Scotland seems to be a place where running stuff in the manner of a local bowling club is acceptable.

It doesn’t help that we have a club like Rangers who’s every move is based on their God given right to represent The People.

Hearts self interest is at least understandable.

RoxburghHibs
10-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Scotland seems to be a place where running stuff in the manner of a local bowling club is acceptable.

It doesn’t help that we have a club like Rangers who’s every move is based on their God given right to represent The People.

10/10 👍🏼

bingo70
10-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Totally agree.

As for Dundee’s stance, try to make sense of that if you can.

Joe6-2
10-04-2020, 10:10 PM
Only sensible option, well done Hibernian

NAE NOOKIE
10-04-2020, 10:11 PM
Many Hearts fans and indeed some Hibs fans are acting as if the ballot paper had an option that said “relegate Hearts” 😂

Which it effectively has done. I fully support Hibs in the vote they have made which is in effect to terminate the season. It's what happens next I'm interested in.

Andy74
10-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Totally agree.

Having read their statement I don’t think they understood the proposal.

B.H.F.C
10-04-2020, 10:18 PM
Totally agree.

I’ve had a few beers tonight so thought I maybe just wasn’t understanding it. I’ve read it again and I definitely don’t understand it. But I don’t think that is related to the beer.

The Harp Awakes
10-04-2020, 10:18 PM
As Tug Wilson said on the other thread
The real issue at hand is not Hearts but the new TV deal.
The SPFL will be terrified that SKY TV will be looking for a way out of the deal. Protection of this new lucrative deal is their and our main (possibly only) concern. This issue drove every clubs decision with the exception of Hearts, who were walking in different shoes.

Hibs like all the other clubs is all about the money and making sure they get as much of it as possible. It's what drives their decisions, even more so at this time. Anyone who thought Hearts or a tiny noisy minority threatening not to buy season tickets were at the centre of the boards thought process on this are naive. It's all about the business and all the other stuff is in a few supporters heads.

Although I agree with your point about the importance of money, I don't agree with your analysis. Hibs would have lost SPL placing money and potentially not insignificant derby cash next season by voting Yes. So that needs to be balanced against money from Sky.

I think the reaction of Hibs supporters probably played some part in Hibs' decision, which looked like a 'No' yesterday. The threat of fans not buying season tickets was no doubt a factor, whether you think it was a noisy minority or not. I also think you are way off the mark thinking it was a minority by the way.