PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson the cheat.

The 90+2
10-04-2020, 02:45 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5479677/malaga-investigation-craig-thomson-borussia-dortmund/

Karma ya prick.

Itsnoteasy
10-04-2020, 03:01 PM
What's the point of challenging it 7 years later.

The 90+2
10-04-2020, 03:09 PM

Compensation at a hard time financially? Or getting justice?

Michael
10-04-2020, 03:09 PM

Really strange. Quite a fall for then though. Champions League to struggling second tier side. They probably don't have much else to talk about.

Pretty Boy
10-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Maybe the guy will go for an investigation into Thomsons officiating in exchange for one into his families human rights record?

zitelli62
10-04-2020, 03:31 PM
I dont hate anyone but hes very close imagine any country in the world allowing a shareholder in a club to referee a major club final what that team is in you couldn't make it up and he made sure that team won.

The mans a horrible cheat.

RoxburghHibs
10-04-2020, 03:32 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5479677/malaga-investigation-craig-thomson-borussia-dortmund/

Karma ya prick.

The link doesn’t work

StevesFamau5
10-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Maybe the guy will go for an investigation into Thomsons officiating in exchange for one into his families human rights record?It's interesting that this is being brought up now, before the covid19 crisis Malaga were in the process of trying to find a new owner.

See link attached. https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKL8N2AK621

Malaga supporters are fed up with him and the people who own the club as they are draining the place dry. First game after Al Thani was removed from office saw the largest attendence in years.

Al Thani is poison and is trying to get some back on his side.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ABZHFC
10-04-2020, 03:49 PM
I've just watched highlights back of the game in question. Malaga's second goal was blatantly offside :greengrin

Smartie
10-04-2020, 03:59 PM
I’ve never been a big one for questioning a referee’s integrity, as poor as they can be at times.

Thomson put in some highly questionable performances in some high profile games and I genuinely suspected corruption - this game was one of them. I think there are highlights of a Bosnia v France game somewhere that was equally suspicious, that’s before you get onto some of his Hibs performances.

That he went on to have some pretty competent performances when he needed to only highlighted how questionable some of these earlier ones were.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2020, 04:07 PM
I’ve never been a big one for questioning a referee’s integrity, as poor as they can be at times.

Thomson put in some highly questionable performances in some high profile games and I genuinely suspected corruption - this game was one of them. I think there are highlights of a Bosnia v France game somewhere that was equally suspicious, that’s before you get onto some of his Hibs performances.

That he went on to have some pretty competent performances when he needed to only highlighted how questionable some of these earlier ones were.

As an owner of a club not averse to a bit of fraud/corruption yourself (money for non-existent shares) would you think twice about calling on the services of an alleged malleable official?

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Said it at the time and I was at the other end of the Stadium Pa Kujabi tackles the Hearts boy at the corner flag and Thomson gives a penalty he also missed Blacks forearm smash on the back of Sparky’s heid in the first five minutes

What chance have you goat?

Crab apple
10-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Said it at the time and I was at the other end of the Stadium Pa Kujabi tackles the Hearts boy at the corner flag and Thomson gives a penalty he also missed Blacks forearm smash on the back of Sparky’s heid in the first five minutes

Thomson's performance that day was more than simply poor or incompetent. Cheat.

PISTOL1875
10-04-2020, 05:34 PM

he cheated regarding the penalty but a second yellow would have been the correct call.

Regarding the smash on Griffith's , he looked to his 4th official who said the words RED CARD RED CARD into his earpiece.. He blatantly ignored that information and done nothing.

It is well knows in masonic circles that mans compete contempt for catholisism and all things linked to it.. It is no surprise to me he has shafted us over the years.

whiskyhibby
10-04-2020, 05:40 PM
I have to say I use the Stirling Uni gym for the last 10+ years and in the week leading up to the final I walked into the changing rooms after exercising and there was a Falkirk FC coach and Thompson as the only other ones there, the Falkirk coach said you can’t let that lot win, Thompson from memory didn’t say anything bit as soon as they saw me in aHibs top the Falkirk coach bolted, followed soon after by Thompson, thought it was strange at the time

Phil MaGlass
10-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Bump

PaulSmith
10-04-2020, 06:25 PM
he cheated regarding the penalty but a second yellow would have been the correct call.

Regarding the smash on Griffith's , he looked to his 4th official who said the words RED CARD RED CARD into his earpiece.. He blatantly ignored that information and done nothing.

It is well knows in masonic circles that mans compete contempt for catholisism and all things linked to it.. It is no surprise to me he has shafted us over the years.

It was the asst referee Alasdair Ross who said the pull was in the penalty box.

Your spot on about Willie Collum shouting red card.

The last paragraph is absolute nonsense.

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2020, 06:28 PM
First I have heard about the fourth official telling Thomson it was a straight red

Looked a straight red from where I was sitting

BoltonHibee
10-04-2020, 06:30 PM
He’s a cheating **** end of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InchHibby
10-04-2020, 06:32 PM
I don’t hate anybody, yes I do I fechen hate him cheating barsteward.

eaststandJJ
10-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Is he not a season ticket holder at HMFC?

HibbyAndy
10-04-2020, 06:35 PM
Is he not a season ticket holder at HMFC?

He travelled with hearts fans on the Rainbow inn bus

He's a cheating barsteward

PaulSmith
10-04-2020, 06:43 PM
He travelled with hearts fans on the Rainbow inn bus

He's a cheating barsteward

He never.

Callum Murray did a long time ago

HibbyAndy
10-04-2020, 06:44 PM
He never.

:greengrin:aok:

Point still stands he's a cheating ****

EI255
10-04-2020, 06:53 PM
Always thought he was bent.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
10-04-2020, 07:17 PM
I have to say I use the Stirling Uni gym for the last 10+ years and in the week leading up to the final I walked into the changing rooms after exercising and there was a Falkirk FC coach and Thompson as the only other ones there, the Falkirk coach said you can’t let that lot win, Thompson from memory didn’t say anything bit as soon as they saw me in aHibs top the Falkirk coach bolted, followed soon after by Thompson, thought it was strange at the time

Wasn't Houston was it?

tamig
10-04-2020, 08:58 PM
The link doesn’t work

Link works fine. You just need to copy and paste.

SideBurns
10-04-2020, 09:37 PM
He never.

Funny thing is, I always thought Callum Murray refereed derbies impartially - can't recall him ever doing us a bad turn. He was a good ref.

brog
10-04-2020, 09:42 PM
Funny thing is, I always thought Callum Murray refereed derbies impartially - can't recall him ever doing us a bad turn. He was a good ref.

Agree 100%, Callum was a Jambo & his Dad was a Hun but Callum was an excellent & fair ref.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Agree 100%, Callum was a Jambo & his Dad was a Hun but Callum was an excellent & fair ref.

Yep very good ref.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 06:55 AM
First I have heard about the fourth official telling Thomson it was a straight red

Looked a straight red from where I was sitting

Was a straight red to anyone with eyes.

brog
11-04-2020, 07:22 AM
Was a straight red to anyone with eyes.

I didn't go to the game & have never seen it since. Is there a link to this incident only?^

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2020, 08:11 AM
I didn't go to the game & have never seen it since. Is there a link to this incident only?^

https://youtu.be/NnyKGHNT7lE

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 08:11 AM

Bound to be don't want to torture myself trying to find it. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
11-04-2020, 08:30 AM

Brog it wisnae an incident per se it was more an assault. :greengrin

There ye go

https://youtu.be/7xX1j9eNDMA

brog
11-04-2020, 10:06 AM

There ye go

Thanks Billy, and to CWG. That's a shocker, worse than I had imagined. IIRC CT didn't even give a yellow.

JimBHibees
11-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Thanks Billy, and to CWG. That's a shocker, worse than I had imagined. IIRC CT didn't even give a yellow.

He didn't give a yellow and then allowed him to foul the rest of the half but wasn't quite so lenient with Hibs players.

renato
11-04-2020, 10:21 AM

There ye go

First time I’ve seen that since the day it happened. Could tell live that it was a red, without the need for a replay, and that has just confirmed it - absolute shocker.

What annoyed me even more, though, was the multiple fouls the painter committed after, that still didn’t prompt Thomson to dish out cards.

All good, though, he clearly had no effect on the score line.... 👍

BILLYHIBS
11-04-2020, 10:27 AM
First time I’ve seen that since the day it happened. Could tell live that it was a red, without the need for a replay, and that has just confirmed it - absolute shocker.

What annoyed me even more, though, was the multiple fouls the painter committed after that still didn’t prompt Thomson to dish out cards.

All good, though, he clearly had no effect on the score line.... 👍

:agree:

Clear elbow to the head you can even see Black looking first before contact

The look of guilt on Blacks face fearing the worst immediately after you can almost hear the fourth official shouting in Thomson’s ear piece “ red card”

where'stheslope
11-04-2020, 10:39 AM
Funny how when a ref give decisions against you, he's a cheat, but when he gives us a dodgy call its karma???
Our biggest victory against the Yams at Dundee in '86, was refereed by Bill Crombie, who denied them a blatant penalty in the first half, yet one week later he was at Hampden resplendant in his Hearts scarf at the Scottish Cup Final???
I know this as I worked with him at the time, and he said on the morning of the game, there would no penalties in the Dundee game, because he was up for EUFA badge in the close season and wanted no recriminations!!!
So it just goes to show, much as we malign referees they are either good or bad, but as for cheating, I'm not to sure about that???
More likely to be looking out for their self rather than being out and out cheats!!!

brog
11-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Funny how when a ref give decisions against you, he's a cheat, but when he gives us a dodgy call its karma???
Our biggest victory against the Yams at Dundee in '86, was refereed by Bill Crombie, who denied them a blatant penalty in the first half, yet one week later he was at Hampden resplendant in his Hearts scarf at the Scottish Cup Final???
I know this as I worked with him at the time, and he said on the morning of the game, there would no penalties in the Dundee game, because he was up for EUFA badge in the close season and wanted no recriminations!!!
So it just goes to show, much as we malign referees they are either good or bad, but as for cheating, I'm not to sure about that???
More likely to be looking out for their self rather than being out and out cheats!!!

I agree what you say in principle, it's the same as a ref knowing he'll never be punished for awarding a pen to either of the uglies. However, surely reffing the game for your own self interest, rather than objectively & fairly, is cheating?

1 8 7 5
11-04-2020, 12:42 PM
He’s a cheating **** end of

100%

whiskyhibby
14-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Wasn't Houston was it?

No it was a younger guy late 30s and shaved head

BILLYHIBS
17-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Just a footnote to this thread prior to the 2012 Cup Final which we don’t talk about Thomson had previously been in charge of six HIBS games that season we had lost them all and never scored a goal To make matters worse he had awarded a game winning penalty to Aberdeen which was clearly a dive

In comparison he had refereed Hearts to four wins and a draw

He had awarded five penalties against HIBS in the previous two seasons and not one in our favour

Petrie! :grr:

Apologies if if already posted

brog
17-04-2020, 08:13 AM
Just a footnote to this thread prior to the 2012 Cup Final which we don’t talk about Thomson had previously been in charge of six HIBS games that season we had lost them all and never scored a goal To make matters worse he had awarded a game winning penalty to Aberdeen which was clearly a dive

In comparison he had refereed Hearts to four wins and a draw

He had awarded five penalties against HIBS in the previous two seasons and not one in our favour

Petrie! :grr:

Apologies if if already posted

Thats amazing Billy. I wonder about his stats post 2012 because i thought he actually reffed us well in that period, including 2 2 at PBS

PatHead
17-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Thats amazing Billy. I wonder about his stats post 2012 because i thought he actually reffed us well in that period, including 2 2 at PBS

He didn't referee us well, just in the manner he should have. Hibs actually complained about his appointment before the match because he had been that bad in previous games.

brog
17-04-2020, 12:28 PM
He didn't referee us well, just in the manner he should have. Hibs actually complained about his appointment before the match because he had been that bad in previous games.

I wasn't only referring to the 2-2 game, that was just an example. I do believe however that his performances post 2012 were significantly better than those up to & including the cup final. I've always wondered if action was possibly threatened to be taken.

greenginger
17-04-2020, 12:34 PM
I
I wasn't only referring to the 2-2 game, that was just an example. I do believe however that his performances post 2012 were significantly better than those up to & including the cup final. I've always wondered if action was possibly threatened to be taken.

Is it it not possible that the “ action “ came before the 2012 final in the form of a fat brown envelope with a Lithuanian post mark ? :greengrin

Argylehibby
17-04-2020, 12:41 PM

The problem is that if you don't look for something you will never find it. Nothing will convince me that he didn't cheat that day. I get the point about looking out for themselves and he did that against Dundee Utd in the first game the next season when he could have sent one of our guys off but didn't. Had he done so even though it was the right call questions may have been asked so he clearly didn't want the flack.

Argylehibby
17-04-2020, 12:46 PM

More likely that he felt "mission was accomplished" and / or he realised there were many people out there ready to seize on any poor decisions against us and question his cup final performance. he couldn't risk that.

Smartie
17-04-2020, 01:15 PM
I

Is it it not possible that the “ action “ came before the 2012 final in the form of a fat brown envelope with a Lithuanian post mark ? :greengrin

I was wondering if he was on the books of that regime, to kick us down and bump them up where he could.

As I said, he went from being atrocious to perfectly competent (with the usual margins for refs making mistakes) and it was around the time that Romanov left.

A couple of those games on YouTube are appalling. This is the France Bosnia game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAYm5tpJeM

It's that familiar pattern, isn't it? Challenge anywhere near the line of the box and he can't wait to give the penalty. Setting the tone for the game with really dodgy free kick and yellow card decisions.

(a quicker highlights package, along with creepy music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvewlR39Mc

greenginger
17-04-2020, 01:26 PM
I was wondering if he was on the books of that regime, to kick us down and bump them up where he could.

As I said, he went from being atrocious to perfectly competent (with the usual margins for refs making mistakes) and it was around the time that Romanov left.

A couple of those games on YouTube are appalling. This is the France Bosnia game.

It's that familiar pattern, isn't it? Challenge anywhere near the line of the box and he can't wait to give the penalty. Setting the tone for the game with really dodgy free kick and yellow card decisions.

I wouldn’t put bungs past Romanov, he had form for trying to influence referees in the Lithuanian league.

Maybe the Ukio Bankas police enquiry might shine some light on dodgy payments or hopefully one or two of his former employees might spill all the beans.

JimBHibees
17-04-2020, 05:59 PM
I

That would be my bet in saying that he never gave us a meaningful decision in years and done us over many times. One of the worst and deliberate imo was booking Griffiths for a dive when it clearly wasn't which as it happens meant he couldn't play in the relegation battle v Dunfermline. He clearly hated Hibs and the stats which were produced on this site a few years back said it all imo.

CMurdoch
17-04-2020, 06:44 PM

The foul looks to be on the line of the penalty area thus penalty is the correct decision from Craig Thomson.
Tight but interpretable either way.
If you were Bosnian you would be pissed off but the Bosnian defender messed up bigtime.
Let's put it this way if Hibs were the attacking team in that situation would you be demanding a penalty?