PDA

View Full Version : KP - Hibs Voting Intentions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 12:12 AM
I posted this in the generic hearts thread and I do not claim to represent the majority of hibs fans, but going by the comments on here, on twitter and speaking to friends, it seems that the majority, support the proposals as they stand. Original post below and I’ll try and do a poll (never done one before).

I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when Hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

If she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no, and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league but I am willing to sacrifice these benefits in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and their failure to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of the proposals as they stand can you communicate this to the board in no uncertain terms?

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 12:17 AM
I doubt you’ll get feedback on this from the board. On issues that matter we are never consulted.
Luckily though, it’s season ticket sale time so if there is ever a time the board listen to the fans it’s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 12:22 AM
Vote yes. Cannae vote on the iPhone. There’s no reason for Dempster to vote otherwise, they ****s would vote us down.

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 12:25 AM
I doubt you’ll get feedback on this from the board. On issues that matter we are never consulted.
Luckily though, it’s season ticket sale time so if there is ever a time the board listen to the fans it’s now.

Ozy, I’m not expecting feedback from the board, but on such an important topic, this is the very reason fans reps were introduced.

KP couldn’t possibly do a better job as a fan rep, and he is our link to the board so hopefully if the fans make their views known he can make the relevant representation.

Capt Mainwaring
09-04-2020, 12:31 AM
I posted this in the generic hearts thread and I do not claim to represent the majority of hibs fans, but going by the comments on here, on twitter and speaking to friends, it seems that the majority, support the proposals as they stand. Original post below and I’ll try and do a poll (never done one before).

I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when Hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

If she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no, and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league but I am willing to sacrifice these benefits in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and their failure to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of the proposals as they stand can you communicate this to the board in no uncertain terms?

You would do well to outline the financial impact for Hibs if the proposal is voted through, and Hibs finish 7th ( eg lower Prize Money of £125k) and (with Hearts relegated the differential loss of income from up to 2 x derby games v 2 x Dundee Utd) next season

There will be other impacts for sure and adverse consequences for Hibs.

So to help people consider their voting intentions allow them to see the potential downside for us

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 12:37 AM
You would do well to outline the financial impact for Hibs if the proposal is voted through, and Hibs finish 7th ( eg lower Prize Money of £125k) and (with Hearts relegated the differential loss of income from up to 2 x derby games v 2 x Dundee Utd) next season

There will be other impacts for sure

So to help people consider their voting intentions allow them to see the potential downside for us

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.

No doubt, if hearts had beaten St Mirren a few weeks ago, they’d be screaming from the rooftops to end the season as it stands.

As I said, I understand the cost implications of finishing the season and losing the income from 2 derbies but we also have the positive of starting the new season quicker and benefitting from the new and improved TV deal with sky.

Clean end to the season, clean start to the next when we can. Lose money from derby and league place. Gain money from new TV deal and give hearts what they deserve.

No brainer for me.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 12:39 AM

We could actually finish much lower than 7th and have support against the club for voting to keep they ****s up.

I couldn’t care less what the hearts board do. The league should end as it’s been proposed. We vote otherwise expect a lot of drop off in season ticket sales and fans not going back. Why the **** would we want to accommodate the huns and hearts?

1875STEVE
09-04-2020, 12:39 AM
Id be ok with league reconstruction, as long as it's not just to 14, and as i read somewhere else, only for a season to even things out.

It has to be a 16, 18 or even 20 top flight.

id prefer 18.

3 up and 3 down.

Im not sure about keeping the split either, ive never been the biggest fan.

If it saves Hearts, then so be it.

The Harp Awakes
09-04-2020, 12:40 AM

The financial impact of fans being p1ssed off and not buying season tickets also needs to be considered.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 12:41 AM
No doubt, if hearts had beaten St Mirren a few weeks ago, they’d be screaming from the rooftops to end the season as it stands.

As I said, I understand the cost implications of finishing the season and losing the income from 2 derbies but we also have the positive of starting the new season quicker and benefitting from the new and improved TV deal with sky.

Clean end to the season, clean start to the next when we can. Lose money from derby and league place. Gain money from new TV deal and give hearts what they deserve.

No brainer for me.

Do you know the bit that concerns me?

If hearts beat St Mirren a few weeks back, would Dempster still be looking towards not voting this through?

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 12:47 AM
Do you know the bit that concerns me?

If hearts beat St Mirren a few weeks back, would Dempster still be looking towards not voting this through?

LD does seem to like having a good working relationship with Budge which is admirable, but Budge takes great delight in taking sly digs at every opportunity. I can’t be bothered listing them all but we all know the examples.

The big question for me is whether if the scenario was reversed and we were bottom, would Budge save us?

Not a hope in hell.

King Cosell
09-04-2020, 12:57 AM
If Dundee Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheff Wed, Bristol City etc voted to send their local rivals down when they were just 4 pts adrift with 8 games left, I'd think they were an absolute disgrace.

Think about it.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 01:02 AM
Sorry, but I voted for option 'B'

That is NOT out of any regard for Hearts, once more they have overspent on a squad they couldn't afford .. but so far as I can see this time they haven't done it by cheating local businesses or Lithuanian pensioners out of their money .. Stupid overspending is rife in football and doing it hardly makes Hertz unique, in fact if anybody has been cheated its the thousands of their own fans who have pumped in millions and ended up with a pish team, a pish stand and seem no nearer owning their club than they were 4 years ago ... though like everybody else I would love to see who the mystery benefactors are.

IMO there is no chance this season will be played to a finish and we have to start now figuring out how to limit the damage the premature end of this one has caused. In my honest opinion the only way to do that is to play next season with a 14 team league and adjust the other three leagues accordingly, even if that means having two leagues of 14 under the premiership both with a split. The uglies will bitch about sustaining a Euro challenge with too many domestic fixtures if that is how it works out, but this is for the overall good of the game and they will have to suck it up.

Even that way some teams will still suffer like Dundee and Ayr Utd who were placed to challenge for a play off spot .. but there is no way to avoid that ... If Hearts are relegated and replaced with Dundee Utd then Ayr and Dundee are no better off anyway .. the same if the premiership was declared void, which would be so unfair to Dundee Utd its not true, they were 100% certs for promotion.

As I said .... Hibby or not, and notwithstanding the fact that the team who would suffer is Hearts, I can't ignore the fact that they were miles from being certainties to go down with 24 points still to play for and I would have the same opinion no matter who had been bottom of the league .. clubs all over the world have escaped relegation from far worse positions countless times.

That's my honest opinion and if it makes me unpopular on here I'll just have to live with it ... Oh and by the way, I've seen other folk saying on the Hearts thread that they might or will not renew if Hearts aren't relegated ... f'ing really !!!

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 01:08 AM

That is NOT out of any regard for Hearts, once more they have overspent on a squad they couldn't afford .. but so far as I can see this time they haven't done it by cheating local businesses or Lithuanian pensioners out of their money .. Stupid overspending is rife in football and doing it hardly makes Hertz unique, in fact if anybody has been cheated its the thousands of their own fans who have pumped in millions and ended up with a pish team, a pish stand and seem no nearer owning their club than they were 4 years ago ... though like everybody else I would love to see who the mystery benefactors are.

IMO there is no chance this season will be played to a finish and we have to start now figuring out how to limit the damage the premature end of this one has caused. In my honest opinion the only way to do that is to play next season with a 14 team league and adjust the other three leagues accordingly, even if that means having two leagues of 14 under the premiership both with a split. The uglies will bitch about sustaining a Euro challenge with too many domestic fixtures if that is how it works out, but this is for the overall good of the game and they will have to suck it up.

Even that way some teams will still suffer like Dundee and Ayr Utd who were placed to challenge for a play off spot .. but there is no way to avoid that ... If Hearts are relegated and replaced with Dundee Utd then Ayr and Dundee are no better off anyway .. the same if the premiership was declared void, which would be so unfair to Dundee Utd its not true, they were 100% certs for promotion.

As I said .... Hibby or not, and notwithstanding the fact that the team who would suffer is Hearts, I can't ignore the fact that they were miles from being certainties to go down with 24 points still to play for and I would have the same opinion no matter who had been bottom of the league .. clubs all over the world have escaped relegation from far worse positions countless times.

That's my honest opinion and if it makes me unpopular on here I'll just have to live with it ... Oh and by the way, I've seen other folk saying on the Hearts thread that they might or will not renew if Hearts aren't relegated ... f'ing really !!!

Completely understand and respect your view. Whether it be Hearts or St Mirren that are bottom, I believe that ending the season as it stands is the far better option but that’s a debate for another thread.

The fact that it’s hearts however and their mismanagement and shoddy treatment of their staff recently, along with their overspending and financial history, only reinforces my view that the season should end as it stands.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:16 AM
LD does seem to like having a good working relationship with Budge which is admirable, but Budge takes great delight in taking sly digs at every opportunity. I can’t be bothered listing them all but we all know the examples.

The big question for me is whether if the scenario was reversed and we were bottom, would Budge save us?

Not a hope in hell.

💚

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:21 AM

So we go to a 14 team season next year and have a shocker of a start and end up in the bottom half, miss the money we get from old firm coming to town or even worse end up in the bottom three and go down or have a playoff - all to make sure hearts don’t get relegated? **** that for a laugh.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 01:26 AM

I can see why folk might think that there is no point buying a season ticket for a team that always works to help their rival. I can definitely see people not really being totally on board with that. Especially in the biggest recession in history. I would think that those circumstances would not be a good time to upset your paying customers but what do I know?
6 years on from the disgrace of getting ourselves relegated at the exact time they were supposed to be getting their comeuppance for years of cheating, we are about to give them another get out of jail card?
I really don’t think we will do it but with Hibs you never know and with Dempster giving Rangers a free pass last time then I’m more than a little concerned at her weak statement last night.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 01:35 AM
Completely understand and respect your view. Whether it be Hearts or St Mirren that are bottom, I believe that ending the season as it stands is the far better option but that’s a debate for another thread.

The fact that it’s hearts however and their mismanagement and shoddy treatment of their staff recently, along with their overspending and financial history, only reinforces my view that the season should end as it stands.

A reasonable reply mate. From my POV it's not just about Hearts as a club, who without a doubt have been so badly run they can't complain about the position they find themselves in. I'm purely looking at this from two angles:

Firstly I just can't in all honesty see the fairness in relegating a club, even them with their history, in circumstances which are so unbelievably unique and with so much of the season still to play, nor can I see how it would be fair on any club's supporters, even theirs .. said through gritted teeth I assure you.

Secondly, The only way I can see which will satisfy as many clubs fans as possible, never mind the clubs themselves, is for a league set up next season which includes the top two in the championship .... it's no secret that ICT are teetering on the brink and a season in the premiership will probably save them from going under ... folk don't even seem to be thinking about them ... in all honesty beaten to the championship title by a club whose spending is no less excessive than Hearts for the league they are in.

Can anybody in all honesty, hand on heart, say they would have seen any fairness in Hibs being relegated if we had been bottom of the league when play stopped in these circumstances ... I sure as hell couldn't.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 01:43 AM
So we go to a 14 team season next year and have a shocker of a start and end up in the bottom half, miss the money we get from old firm coming to town or even worse end up in the bottom three and go down or have a playoff - all to make sure hearts don’t get relegated? **** that for a laugh.

No offence mate, but that scenario is just as likely if we are in a 12 team league with Dundee Utd ... and it's not just about Hearts, its about fairness as I see it.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 01:47 AM
No offence mate, but that scenario is just as likely if we are in a 12 team league with Dundee Utd ... and it's not just about Hearts, its about fairness as I see it.

Fairness?[emoji849]

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 01:52 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200409/a82280b054cf42d90c6d1886563486d1.plist
They won’t be wrong if Dempster votes to save them.

King Cosell
09-04-2020, 01:53 AM
Should Steven Naismith spend the rest of his life in prison for being a knobhead?

Yes 99.7%

No 0.3%

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 01:54 AM
I can see why folk might think that there is no point buying a season ticket for a team that always works to help their rival. I can definitely see people not really being totally on board with that. Especially in the biggest recession in history. I would think that those circumstances would not be a good time to upset your paying customers but what do I know?
6 years on from the disgrace of getting ourselves relegated at the exact time they were supposed to be getting their comeuppance for years of cheating, we are about to give them another get out of jail card?
I really don’t think we will do it but with Hibs you never know and with Dempster giving Rangers a free pass last time then I’m more than a little concerned at her weak statement last night.

In my opinion this situation is miles removed from the Sevco carry on. I buy a season ticket to support my club and watch it play football matches ... I see no sporting problem in these circumstances in trying to ease the pain for as many clubs as possible, if Hearts are the main beneficiaries then so be it .... where's the outcry against ICT, Dundee or Ayr Utd being denied a shot at the 2nd bottom premiership club if we are all going so Mother Teresa over sporting integrity? ... I must have missed that.

I have the same healthy dislike of Hearts as any Hibby .... but there is no way in hell that I would even consider penalising my club, especially in these times, just coz they didn't take a chance to stick the boot in ... I prefer my derby victories on the park thanks all the same.

King Cosell
09-04-2020, 01:58 AM
Should Steven Naismith spend the rest of his life in prison for being a knobhead?

Yes 99.7%

No 0.3%

The fans have spoken, Judge Dempster, do you thing.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 02:04 AM
Fairness?[emoji849]

I am not in any way saying that of all the football clubs in Scotland Hearts should expect fairness ... far from it. But I can't ignore what I believe to be true just because I don't like the bugger who will inadvertently benefit from it.

It's a bit like the death penalty ... I am fervently against it, but that doesn't mean to say I don't recognise that there aren't folk out there who would benefit from a good hanging .. even so against it I am and always will be :greengrin

lord bunberry
09-04-2020, 03:28 AM
There’s no good reason for saving that mob from relegation. I’m shocked anyone is even suggesting it.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2020, 05:21 AM

Was there a statement? I’ve only seen the EEN article?

JammyDoidger
09-04-2020, 05:23 AM
If we vote to keep hearts in the league im asking for a refund on my season ticket. Bad enough letting them come to our place and take 6 points this season, but to go and do this would be even by our soft standards a truly horrifying decision.

Waxy
09-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Vote them down. They are using the situation to there own advantage.
I’ll give up on Scottish football if they get to stay up.
The very last case is we should wait and play out the games.
No point in timescales now anyway.

green day
09-04-2020, 05:42 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-hibs-are-happy-wait-calling-league-we-must-all-stay-calm-2533749

I dont think LD says anything particularly controversial in this article.

If anything, the underlying tone is - lets see what happens next in the lockdown and make a decision on this and next season.

For me, that seems to mean that (when, not if) the UK and Scottish govts tell us that we are effectively in lockdown for another X weeks that football and Hibs will make a decision then.

She is fairly clear that she doesnt see voiding the season as an option and has told Budge that.

I should say that I want Hearts relegated, they deserve to be relegated and I would hate it to be Hibs that saved them.

This issue doesnt really impact on the ST renewal as I dont have the cash (and am self emp with zero income) to get one right now.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2020, 05:44 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-hibs-are-happy-wait-calling-league-we-must-all-stay-calm-2533749

If anything, the underlying tone is - lets see what happens next in the lockdown and make a decision on this and next season.

For me, that seems to mean that (when, not if) the UK and Scottish govts tell us that we are effectively in lockdown for another X weeks that football and Hibs will make a decision then.

She is fairly clear that she doesnt see voiding the season as an option and has told Budge that.

I should say that I want Hearts relegated, they deserve to be relegated and I would hate it to be Hibs that saved them.

This issue doesnt really impact on the ST renewal as I dont have the cash (and am self emp with zero income) to get one right now.

:agree:

JimBHibees
09-04-2020, 05:48 AM
I actually thought her comments were considered and made sense to not rush a decision and take some time to think about the impact of this however the bottom line is if the other clubs vote it through then what Hibs do won't matter.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 06:00 AM
What she says is in line with the SPFL's statement yesterday, ie. wait for further news on when there will be matches before making a decision. Therefore we're obviously going to accept the proposition.

She's also right to say that 40 minutes of conference call isn't enough - especially if there are 12-20 participants. That's probably the equivalent of a 15-20 'normal' minute meeting.

Speaking about never going back if Hibs vote to save Hearts is nonsense IMO. How Hibs vote further down the line will be in accordance with what the board think is right 1. for Hibs and 2. for the SPFL going forward. Whether this eventually saves or relegates Hearts will be an afterthough, which is how it should be.

mutley
09-04-2020, 06:05 AM
What Hibs need to think about, what would THEY do if the tables were turned and we were in that position?? Would they vote to save us??? Would they F*** !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heisenberg
09-04-2020, 06:21 AM
What she says is in line with the SPFL's statement yesterday, ie. wait for further news on when there will be matches before making a decision. Therefore we're obviously going to accept the proposition.

She's also right to say that 40 minutes of conference call isn't enough - especially if there are 12-20 participants. That's probably the equivalent of a 15-20 'normal' minute meeting.

Speaking about never going back if Hibs vote to save Hearts is nonsense IMO. How Hibs vote further down the line will be in accordance with what the board think is right 1. for Hibs and 2. for the SPFL going forward. Whether this eventually saves or relegates Hearts will be an afterthough, which is how it should be.

The last point is spot on. We will vote on it based on what’s best for the club and the leagues as a whole. Football is very tribal and of course most Hibs fans want Hearts relegated without a second thought, but that’s not how the club will think.

Dempster doesn’t even rule out finishing the league as it stands. She wants more time to make a decision and more time to see where the lockdown situation goes next. She also seems pretty open to finishing the games even if it means waiting till August or later, which would be the fairest solution but might not be possible for most clubs due to finance.

JimBHibees
09-04-2020, 06:34 AM
The last point is spot on. We will vote on it based on what’s best for the club and the leagues as a whole. Football is very tribal and of course most Hibs fans want Hearts relegated without a second thought, but that’s not how the club will think.

Dempster doesn’t even rule out finishing the league as it stands. She wants more time to make a decision and more time to see where the lockdown situation goes next. She also seems pretty open to finishing the games even if it means waiting till August or later, which would be the fairest solution but might not be possible for most clubs due to finance.

She is just biding time and to be honest think she is right to do so. She also isn't going to come out and blatantly put Hearts down without considering the bigger picture which imo is exactly the right thing to do. The one big factor in not playing this season in August is the new Scottish deal from Sky which apparently indicates a league start in August. No idea if that is a big factor in limiting the option of this season running on but it may well be. Clubs need money now to save themselves which is likely the biggest reason the vote will go through. Votes are to be cast by Friday at 5pm so no time at all for them to consider their decision.

DaveF
09-04-2020, 06:37 AM
I'll be furious if we vote to save them.

It's our city and all that crap will count for nothing and we will deserve our place as that nice little club down at the dockside who always do what they are told.

I've not renewed yet and would have serious concerns about doing so should Hibs do it.

Iain G
09-04-2020, 06:50 AM
I'll be furious if we vote to save them.

It's our city and all that crap will count for nothing and we will deserve our place as that nice little club down at the dockside who always do what they are told.

I've not renewed yet and would have serious concerns about doing so should Hibs do it.

It won't be a vote to save them it will be a vote for what is best for Hibs and for protecting the game up here as best as is possible. Hearts being relegated would just be a nice wee extra...

Big_Franck
09-04-2020, 06:52 AM
Whether or not we renew our STs hinges on this vote. Vote to save them and they can shove it.

I also can't understand why she thinks starting the games again in Aug/Sep is an appropriate solution as that would mean the current season would finish in what, November? What a farce that would be.

Call it and move on to next season Hibs.

DaveF
09-04-2020, 06:53 AM
It won't be a vote to save them it will be a vote for what is best for Hibs and for protecting the game up here as best as is possible. Hearts being relegated would just be a nice wee extra...

You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.

NC1875
09-04-2020, 06:53 AM
Honestly can’t be arsed with LD’s cosy little relationship with Budge. ****** budge and ****** Hearts.

Kick them while they’re down. As they would do to us.

James Stephen
09-04-2020, 06:56 AM
I actually think her statement is reasonsble and pretty non-committal.

She also makes it clear that Budge has been lobbying her about voiding the season, something she has flat out refused to consider (maybe she gave Budge some tips...😉)

However i understand people's concerns, and the history of Hibs is littered with supposedly 'moral' decisions that have absolutely cost the club in the immoral, or amoral, world of football. Hibs are not a ruthless club, and that is not often a good thing in the dog eat dog world of football.

I also would like someone to explain to me the rationale and benefits of reconstruction. From memory, reconstruction that has happened in the past has been discussed ad nauseum, and planned a season in advance - and yet this version wasnt even on the horizon just a few weeks ago.

Iain G
09-04-2020, 06:58 AM
You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.

It's not, it's a side issue. If it were St Mirren or Hamilton at the bottom this would be a very different conversation.

Hibs should look at protection of our own interests in the first instance.

LD has intimated she wants to wait to see what comes next from the government and maybe we could wait and see before getting stuck into her and the club for being pretty straight up with that.

B.H.F.C
09-04-2020, 07:01 AM
Can’t see that it makes sense for Hibs to do anything other than finish it.

There is no point in us resuming the league in our position. Finish it, get our prize money. We then don’t need to extend contracts etc to finish a season and can just get on with planning for next, whenever that might be.

Alternatively, we could risk pissing off a sizeable number of our own support.

The Count
09-04-2020, 07:01 AM
Lets finish the league to take any doubt away.If not we will hear forever how poor Hearts were unfairly treated and how Celtic never really won the league.Finish what was started then start next season in September.The big establishment clubs aint happy!!!! Brilliant!!!!

Iain G
09-04-2020, 07:07 AM
Can’t see that it makes sense for Hibs to do anything other than finish it.

There is no point in us resuming the league in our position. Finish it, get our prize money. We then don’t need to extend contracts etc to finish a season and can just get on with planning for next, whenever that might be.

Alternatively, we could risk pissing off a sizeable number of our own support.

Yup, declare it and move on and release the prize money that may help keep clubs afloat over the next few months and plan for next season.

Potty78
09-04-2020, 07:08 AM
While it's up to people to have there own opinion, I dont understand how some are saying they won't renew season tickets if hibs vote no. Surely your love for hibs outweighs your hate for hearts. I dont like hearts like the rest of us and am enjoying winding up mates on message groups but if I'm honest I enjoy the derby to much for them to go down. It's a tough decision for the SPL to make, they cant win either way. Just my opinion.

Barney McGrew
09-04-2020, 07:20 AM
Given that LD made her decision to remove the loyalty points system a few years ago based in being worried that a few people had threatened to not renew seasons because of it, I think Hibs should be taking heed of some of the comments on this thread. Theres quite a few long term season ticket holders that won’t renew if we vote to give them a reprieve, and the fallout could be significant.

As Liverpool found out last week, it’s incredibly important to keep the fans inside, regardless of what the business decision might point to. We’d lose more money keeping them up than voting them down.

Since452
09-04-2020, 07:22 AM
Voted yes. I'm only concerned about Hibs and next season.

Phil MaGlass
09-04-2020, 07:23 AM
I also know someone that wont renew if we save hertz. Cannae blame him, I would be fuming and if I had a season ticket would also not renew. @#$% saving that lot. If Hibs did save them we would be accused by their ****ty fans that we hibsed it, @#$% them.Years of cheating and not paying their debts, equal playing field and all that.
We now have a chance to put them where they belong.
Dont mess it up Hibs.
PULL THE TRIGGER.

GreenCastle
09-04-2020, 07:24 AM
I’m really against this 14 team league for 1 season nonsense.

If you are going to restructure then it has to be a decent proposal which is put in place for a few years - not a 1 season to please a few teams than back to 12 idea.

I’ve said for years I’m bored of playing teams x4 times and possibly x6 with the cup games etc.

I agree it’s not ideal for rushed proposals but the only compromise I have is relegate Hearts now and then the season after say you would expand the league so basically they get stuck down in that league for a minimum of 1 year.

I’ve not renewed my ST yet - Hibs is a massive part of my life but I’m curious to see what Scottish football do here / Hibs act here - but I do plan to renew before the deadline as long as they don’t pull some nonsense out the bag. Of course I love Hibs more than I dislike Hearts but it’s more to do with the direction of Scottish football.

The We are all Hibs and This is our City taglines need to be justified and I doubt we will make a statement about who we voted for but it’s a question that can’t be dodged surely.

This wasn’t even on the table at the recent AGM and now reconstruction is being talked about out of no where.

theonlywayisup
09-04-2020, 07:26 AM
While it's up to people to have there own opinion, I dont understand how some are saying they won't renew season tickets if hibs vote no. Surely your love for hibs outweighs your hate for hearts. I dont like hearts like the rest of us and am enjoying winding up mates on message groups but if I'm honest I enjoy the derby to much for them to go down. It's a tough decision for the SPL to make, they cant win either way. Just my opinion.

I agree 100%.

A waste of energy is this poll; of course Hibs fans would love to see them relegated.

Whatever the decision, I'll expect Hibs will make their decision on what's best for Scottish Football, in general, and for Hibernian FC, of course. I don't expect that Hertz will come into that decision making at all.

For those who say "I'll not renew", sounds to me as if they hate Hertz more than they love Hibs. Something we accuse our nearest neighbours of in reverse.

Whatever happens to Scottish Football, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better IMO, worrying about Hertz is least of the Hibernian Boards worries.

Since90+2
09-04-2020, 07:29 AM
Can't vote on phone but we should be voting to relegate Hearts.

If we do I'll genuinely reconsider my intention to get a season ticket for next season.

weecounty hibby
09-04-2020, 07:33 AM
I think that a fair solution all round is that if league reconstruction is now the be all and end all, do it at the end of next season. That way everyone knows what they are playing for. The league's should stand as they are, and yes some clubs will have a gripe, but that is just tough ****. Reconstruction has not been seriously discussed for years and now all of a sudden it's the saviour of Scottish football!?! It cannot be used to save the dirty, cheating, poppy theiving, charity robbing, delusional, self important fuds in Georgie. I will be very disappointed if Hibs do not vote for the proposal

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 07:34 AM

If we do I'll genuinely reconsider my intention to get a season ticket for next season.

You honestly think that our vote should be based on that alone?

Since90+2
I also know someone that wont renew if we save hertz. Cannae blame him, I would be fuming and if I had a season ticket would also not renew. @#$% saving that lot. If Hibs did save them we would be accused by their ****ty fans that we hibsed it, @#$% them.Years of cheating and not paying their debts, equal playing field and all that.
We now have a chance to put them where they belong.
Dont mess it up Hibs.
PULL THE TRIGGER.

Exactly that.

If Hibs are happy to see people not renewing their season tickets to keep Hearts in the league then Dempster should crack on.

The economy is in a perilous state , it won't take much for someone to decide to keep that £400 in their pocket.

mjhibby
I think you will see the same scenario as when sevco tried to get into the championship. Supporters groups will tell them in no uncertain terms that the proposal needs passing. Any attempt to save Hertz will cost teams thousands. I think Dempster has said all the right things but when it comes to it Ron will decide to back the proposal.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 07:36 AM

Not a hope in hell.I don't imagine fostering a good working or personal relationship with Budge is very high up the list of objectives she has agreed for Hibernian football club, but wrongly prioritising it could certainly impact areas that are important to the club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
Exactly that.

If Hibs are happy to see people not renewing their season tickets to keep Hearts in the league then Dempster should crack on.

The economy is in a perilous state , it won't take much for someone to decide to keep that £400 in their pocket.

Will you stop polluting this place with that crap?

Hibs vote will note be based on what happens to Hearts.

Since90+2
09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
You honestly think that our vote should be based on that alone?

I have absolutely no doubt that there will be people who don't renew if vote to keep Hearts in the league. Years of cheating to gain an unfair advantage and we save their arse by voting to keep them in now? Not for me.

Barney McGrew
09-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Will you stop polluting this place with that crap?

Hibs vote will note be based on what happens to Hearts.

Hibs will vote on what’s best for Hibs. And if losing a good number of season ticket holders by voting to keep them up is a result, then it’s a no brainier to vote them down.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 07:43 AM
I have absolutely no doubt that there will be people who don't renew if vote to keep Hearts in the league. Years of cheating to gain an unfair advantage and we save their arse by voting to keep them in now? Not for me.

Hibs will vote on what’s best for Hibs. And if losing a good number of season ticket holders by voting to keep them up is a result, then it’s a no brainier to vote them down.

Will we even know for sure how Hibs eventually vote?

For me reading Leeann's comments in the EEN it's pretty certain that we'll vote for the SPFL board's proposition this week, but thereafter?

Barney McGrew
09-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Will we even know for sure how Hibs eventually vote?

For me reading Leeann's comments in the EEN it's pretty certain that we'll vote for the SPFL board's proposition this week, but thereafter?

I would like to think we will. Whether that comes directly from the club communicating to the fan base or through leaks through the press, I think we’ll find out.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 07:45 AM
A reasonable reply mate. From my POV it's not just about Hearts as a club, who without a doubt have been so badly run they can't complain about the position they find themselves in. I'm purely looking at this from two angles:

Firstly I just can't in all honesty see the fairness in relegating a club, even them with their history, in circumstances which are so unbelievably unique and with so much of the season still to play, nor can I see how it would be fair on any club's supporters, even theirs .. said through gritted teeth I assure you.

Secondly, The only way I can see which will satisfy as many clubs fans as possible, never mind the clubs themselves, is for a league set up next season which includes the top two in the championship .... it's no secret that ICT are teetering on the brink and a season in the premiership will probably save them from going under ... folk don't even seem to be thinking about them ... in all honesty beaten to the championship title by a club whose spending is no less excessive than Hearts for the league they are in.

Can anybody in all honesty, hand on heart, say they would have seen any fairness in Hibs being relegated if we had been bottom of the league when play stopped in these circumstances ... I sure as hell couldn't.

I applaud you being able to be more objective and less emotional than me about this topic, I do. Moreover, to answer your last question we would all be livid if this were the case (however I am sure we would be able to see who is really to blame for the relegation moreso than the walking deluded over the road).

However, I will give you this angle. Would you still support Hibs voting for reconstruction when you know the detrimental effect this would have on our club as a whole. Think about it. If we vote them to stay up and it actually happens, they would be in a FAR better position than us. They would be bouyant, jubilant and riding the crest of a wave. We on the other hand would be in dissary, season books not renewed, protests to get the board out. The full works.

If you dont think this would happen, then you are sorely mistaken. If you would vote for that, you would be voting for them and against Hibs. Makes literally NO sense.

Brightside
09-04-2020, 07:45 AM

I agree. I dont think she is actually saying which whay she will vote. She just says there are still loads of discussions to be had. Well we have another 3 days to discuss for now and i think she will ask for that to be extended. We are financially safe so its less of an issue for Hibs.

Joe6-2
09-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Vote yes. Cannae vote on the iPhone. There’s no reason for Dempster to vote otherwise, they ****s would vote us down.

I can’t vote either.
I really hope the board learn how the fans feel about this!
Why the hell are we even thinking about reconstruction to save them??????
No other club would get this favouritism except the huns

Keith_M
09-04-2020, 07:55 AM
I am not in any way saying that of all the football clubs in Scotland Hearts should expect fairness ... far from it. But I can't ignore what I believe to be true just because I don't like the bugger who will inadvertently benefit from it.

It's a bit like the death penalty ... I am fervently against it, but that doesn't mean to say I don't recognise that there aren't folk out there who would benefit from a good hanging .. even so against it I am and always will be :greengrin

I'm against the Death Penalty in almost every circumstance...

...the one exception being for anybody that votes to save Hearts from relegation.

They should be hung, drawn and quartered!

Power
09-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the sample poll and feedback, fantastic insight - genuinely appreciate all of them, very helpful. It is always difficult to represent every view and I would never state we (the collective) are X or Y exclusively. The aim of the role is there is a “supporter voice” on the Board and I’ll pass these comments on as verbatim/as is.

I don’t want to give a politician answer about making decisions remembering the legal and financial responsibilities to the club, I want to give more than that - Hibs will do what is right thing to do and what is right for us (club and support). I’ve not seen anything that would make me doubt they would.

Still a long way to go - this week isn’t the end game on this, still too many moving parts. The club taking the lead to ask for clarity, understand all specifics and call for purposeful conversations to make big decisions is sensible but doesn’t nail their colours to any decision.

neil7908
09-04-2020, 07:57 AM
We need to finish the season imo. I realise that isn't an option in the poll but I don't think it's fair to relegate, award European places etc with 24 points left. League reconstruction is necessary but it needs to be discussed thoroughly and planned out so I don't want to see it now.

I'm not sure what is says about football if we just abandon as season because we're so focused on the next one. For me it adds a huge question mark to next year as well. Coronavirus is not going away, we're going to have further outbreaks later so I'm not sure how much to invest in football if it can just drop a season. And what is happening with the Scottish Cup?

I don't think all efforts are being made to finish the season and one thing I'd like us to look at it's summer football which I haven't really seen mentioned.

Inherently I just don't think it's fair. And we should be careful what we wish for as these things can come back to bite you.

cocteautwin
09-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Will this be the ultimate Hibsed It moment? Vote to play on, get zero points in the remaining games and end up getting relegated. Ha.

Keith_M
09-04-2020, 08:11 AM
We need to finish the season imo. .....

In a magical world where all threat of Coronavirus just disappeared by Saturday, I think that would be ideal. Let's face it, Hearts would go down.

However, it's just not an option.

we are hibs
09-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Finishing the season is the best option. Its also not happening. Voiding the league isnt an option. This is the only option.

Hibs cannot use the financial hit without Hearts as an excuse. We are currently due one home derby next season before the split. If we are in opposite sides of the split then we have 1 home derby. If they restructure the league we still potentially have 1 home derby. They need to weigh up the cost of disillusioned season ticket holders who wouldnt renew vs 1 home game v hearts.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Will this be the ultimate Hibsed It moment? Vote to play on, get zero points in the remaining games and end up getting relegated. Ha.

Why are people still saying this. It's not an option. 950 people died yesterday FFS! The Guardian projects that the peak will be in 2/3 weeks and 2-3k could die in this county in one day.

The options are simple. Null and Void or Call. it has to be Call. After this the vote is simple - reconstruct or not.

If Hibs vote for reconstruction for one season out of 'fairness' to Hearts, our club will be in deep deep water without armbands.

Frazerbob
09-04-2020, 08:17 AM
I hope we vote for what’s best for Hibs. Couldn’t give a flying one about Hearts.

Waxy
09-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Remember last time we were at our weakest?
Mercer tried to buy us and kill us.

Lee Marvin
I hope we vote for what’s best for Hibs. Couldn’t give a flying one about Hearts.

That's the whole point though. Why would voting to keep them up whilst singlehandeldly alienating a large percentage of it's fanbase be the right call for Hibs?

Peevemor

Exactly.

EI255
09-04-2020, 08:19 AM

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.The difference is, however, Hearts have conned, cheated and connived their way through Scottish football for many years now and people don't forget.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2020, 08:20 AM
As it is very doubtful that fitba will return any time soon, all decisions are a bit hypothetical for now, as it stands the league should be finished with present positions taken as final. Hertz go down.
Re-construction could be talked about next year when things are clearer and then if change is to happen bring it in for season 2021/22
If Hibs vote as suggested (and no one really knows for sure yet) then I would not buy a season ticket. I am a fickle Hibs supporter but that is my right.
I pays my money and I make my choice.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says
with a cool head rather than what you think she's said.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
As it is very doubtful that fitba will return any time soon, all decisions are a bit hypothetical for now, as it stands the league should be finished with present positions taken as final. Hertz go down.
Re-construction could be talked about next year when things are clearer and then if change is to happen bring it in for season 2021/22
If Hibs vote as suggested (and no one really knows for sure yet) then I would not buy a season ticket. I am a fickle Hibs supporter but that is my right.
I pays my money and I make my choice.

Eh? The only people suggesting anything are the knee-jerkers on here.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 08:24 AM
I'm one of these weirdos who supports Hibs more than I dislike Hearts so I wouldn't be losing confidence in a fantastic CEO because she acts in the best interest of Hibernian.

sean04
Relegate them, unite the support. Put a team on the park and get 18k hibs every week. No loss of revenue from them being away

GreenCastle
We would possibly play them in league cup group stages / cup anyway.

I’m sure I read they plan to play the Scottish Cup semi finals also ?!

How will prize money be split from that ?

A Hi-Bee
Eh? The only people suggesting anything are the knee-jerkers on here.

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Lee Marvin
Exactly.

Out of interest, why do you think voting for reconstruction would be best for Hibs in these current circumstances?? (if indeed we do).

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Out of interest, why do you think voting for reconstruction would be best for Hibs in these current circumstances?? (if indeed we do).

I don't, not at all.

Where did I say that?

marinello59
09-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I think LD offers a very good analysis of the situation in the article. She is not in any way advocating a vote to save Hearts - they only merit a brief mention in the article and are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The driving point of the article is that a final decision should not be made yet because in her opinion (and that of many others it would seem) there is still a chance that the season could be completed. The table as it stands shows that Hibs have a good chance of moving up a place in the table bringing in some extra funds - third and fourth is probably out of reach. There is also still a strong possibility that Hearts would go down if the season was completed and even if they stay up they would retain their disaster of a manager and we would get money-spinning derbies next season. LD has to consider the financial impact of her vote above other considerations and right now Hibs are in a better financial position than most other clubs to sustain a delayed decision.

After 'null and void' I think a panicked restructure of the leagues is the worst decision we could make, but there is a strong possibility that some clubs will have to close down if this emergency continues much longer, and that means restructuring would be inevitable and Hearts would probably be saved from the drop anyway - again though, Hearts do not and should not matter in the decision making process for Hibs. Ron's line "a quick decision is sometimes a bad decision" is absolutely pertinent here. If there is any possibility of deciding the final league positions on the field we must do so. Only when that becomes unviable should a final decision be made on how to proceed. That point is becoming closer by the day and I suspect when it arises LD would vote to accept the positions as they stand.

Cool heads are essential at this time and to those threatening to shun the club because they disagree with LD's opinion I would say drop the drama queen frock and read what LD says

:top marks

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 08:34 AM
I don't, not at all.

Where did I say that?

You keep saying that Hibs should vote on the option that is best for Hibs and have called outall those who would be apoplectic if Hibs vote to save Hearts. That is going to mean to reconstruct or not.

-Finishing the season is not an option.
-Null and Void has already been ruled out.

That leaves Calling the season. LD will vote for this afterwhich the subject of reconstruction will be put on the table. LD alluded in her interview that she would be open to 'creative alternatives.' i.e reconstruction.

This is going to be the crucial vote and one which will have to be made in the best interests of Hibs. At this stage, what decision do you think would be in the best interests of Hibs?

number9dream
09-04-2020, 08:34 AM
If the government advice is another 13 weeks of disruption, then it's hard to see how this season can be completed without compromising the next campaign.
But why say the Premiership is "more complicated" when it's not?
Distribute the bulk of the remaining end-of-season cash now and say a vote will be taken when it becomes clear there is no prospect of any more play. I don't see the big rush.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 08:41 AM
If the government advice is another 13 weeks of disruption, then it's hard to see how this season can be completed without compromising the next campaign.
Distribute the bulk of the remaining end-of-season cash now and say a vote will be taken when it becomes clear there is no prospect of any more play. I don't see the big rush.

It's more complicated because of UEFA's threat to ban clubs from their tournaments if things aren't done their way. The lower leagues don't need to consider that and UEFA don't give a toss about lower league clubs.

basehibby
09-04-2020, 08:43 AM
This is not ultimately about Hearts - it's about fairness. That being the case the only way out I can see is reconstruction. 14 team league = relegation and promotion issues all but resolved at a stroke. Let the huns go on bumping their gums as they have no leg to stand on. As for those threatening to withdraw support if Hibs dont vote to send the Yams straight down - have a word ya embitterednumpties!

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 08:44 AM
You keep saying that Hibs should vote on the option that is best for Hibs and have called outall those who would be apoplectic if Hibs vote to save Hearts. That is going to mean to reconstruct or not.

-Finishing the season is not an option.
-Null and Void has already been ruled out.

That leaves Calling the season. LD will vote for this afterwhich the subject of reconstruction will be put on the table. LD alluded in her interview that she would be open to 'creative alternatives.' i.e reconstruction.

This is going to be the crucial vote and one which will have to be made in the best interests of Hibs. At this stage, what decision do you think would be in the best interests of Hibs?

Creative alternatives could also be summer football, reviewing how the money is split, parachute payments, etc.

As it stands nobody knows how long it will be before league football can be played again, and only a complete idiot would give a definite answer to anything in this respect.

If (and it's a big if) we get back to having football in August/September, then calling the league/actual positions is the only possible way forward that I can see.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 08:46 AM
This is not ultimately about Hearts - it's about fairness. That being the case the only way out I can see is reconstruction. 14 team league = relegation and promotion issues all but resolved at a stroke. Let the huns go on bumping their gums as they have no leg to stand on. As for those threatening to withdraw support if Hibs dont vote to send the Yams straight down - have a word ya embitterednumpties!
No real Hibs fan would do that anyway. No great loss if a few doughnuts go in the huff.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 08:48 AM
Remember last time we were at our weakest?
Mercer tried to buy us and kill us.Recently read his offer document to buy Hibs again, post mercer generation Hearts would shut us down without a backwards glance.

Looking at their hideous treatment of other clubs and their creditors in the run up to, and during their administration I just can't comprehend why we wouldn't want them to be knocked further into second place in Edinburgh, if not into oblivion.

Joe6-2
09-04-2020, 08:52 AM

For ‘More complicated’ read kop out!!

we are hibs
09-04-2020, 08:53 AM
I'm one of these weirdos.

You couldve just stopped here tbf.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2020, 08:54 AM
**** the hertz
Signed
Embitterednumpty, doughnut

lucky
09-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Not surprised by the comments on here but it’s time to take the green specs off. The proposal of points per game costs Hibs £125k in prize money. The loss of two games against them another £250k. There is going to be very little money around next season not only in football but in society. It’s fanciful to think Hibs will average 180000 for home games next year when unemployment levels could hit 20%. There is going to be a drop in ST sales at most clubs if not all, sponsorship will be down as will hospitality. I’d be amazed if any “fan” that could afford a ST did not get one to punish Hibs for voting against ending the season prematurely. This vote is NOT just about Hearts, listen to what it’s means to Partick Thistle and Stranraer and the clubs in the play offs. Football is about competing to the final whistle, the 21/05/16 taught us that. All teams should have the chance to win leagues and cups on the pitch or even get relegated on the pitch not the boardroom.

I can guarantee you now if Hibs were bottom of the league we would be going off our heads about being denying the opportunity to save ourselves on the pitch. These proposals are just wrong

B.H.F.C
09-04-2020, 08:55 AM
No real Hibs fan would do that anyway. No great loss if a few doughnuts go in the huff.

Of course, in these times, losing season ticket revenue would be no big deal eh.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2020, 09:01 AM
There's plenty Hibs fans on here whose positions on keeping Hearts up I don't agree with, but insulting and disrespecting fellow fans because they happen not to have the same view as you?

MWHIBBIES
Of course, in these times, losing season ticket revenue would be no big deal eh.

Will happen either way, can't please everyone. I'd rather the ones who want hearts to suffer more than Hibs prosper are the ones who go.

Caversham Green
Not surprised by the comments on here but it’s time to take the green specs off. The proposal of points per game costs Hibs £125k in prize money. The loss of two games against them another £250k. There is going to be very little money around next season not only in football but in society. It’s fanciful to think Hibs will average 180000 for home games next year when unemployment levels could hit 20%. There is going to be a drop in ST sales at most clubs if not all, sponsorship will be down as will hospitality. I’d be amazed if any “fan” that could afford a ST did not get one to punish Hibs for voting against ending the season prematurely. This vote is NOT just about Hearts, listen to what it’s means to Partick Thistle and Stranraer and the clubs in the play offs. Football is about competing to the final whistle, the 21/05/16 taught us that. All teams should have the chance to win leagues and cups on the pitch or even get relegated on the pitch not the boardroom.

I can guarantee you now if Hibs were bottom of the league we would be going off our heads about being denying the opportunity to save ourselves on the pitch. These proposals are just wrong

That really is fanciful - we don't have a 400,000 fan base like Hearts you know.

Speedy
In order of preference:

1. Finish this season when possible, shorten next season if necessary
2. Conclude based on avg points or scaleback to the minimum number of games played (don't have a preference which)
3. Voiding should be last resort. I genuinely don't see how it is any better than option 1 or 2

Direct impact on Hearts/Hibs shouldn't come into it

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 09:02 AM
You couldve just stopped here tbf.

And the crowd goes mild.

PatHead
09-04-2020, 09:11 AM

Agree entirely with this post. 10/10.

The only thing to add is that the Evening News will have spun what's said to provoke response and reviews generating income for them.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 09:15 AM

This is exactly what LD said:

“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

I think people are very much entitled to read that as reconstruction is not only on the table, it may well be our preferred option.

What else could she be talking about? She's already ruled out null and void and it doesn't sound like the sort of speech to use if your just talking about trying to get the games played somehow.

So what else could it mean? Genuine question. "Its going to change everything.. everything had to change anyway".

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Agree entirely with this post. 10/10.

The only thing to add is that the Evening News will have spun what's said to provoke response and reviews generating income for them.

It's the direct quotes which are getting me worried tbf.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 09:19 AM

“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

I think people are very much entitled to read that as reconstruction is not only on the table, it may well be our preferred option.

What else could she be talking about? She's already ruled out null and void and it doesn't sound like the sort of speech to use if your just talking about trying to get the games played somehow.

So what else could it mean? Genuine question. "Its going to change everything.. everything had to change anyway".

"in some small way"

League reconstruction?
Changes to how the money is shared out?
Change of calender for league season?
Summer football?
Changes to split?
Changes to promotion/relegation/play-off system?

Forza Fred
09-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Many are suggesting that Leeann will vote the way SHE considers right.

Not so.

She will vote the way the Board as a collective decide.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2020, 09:21 AM
She is just biding time and to be honest think she is right to do so. She also isn't going to come out and blatantly put Hearts down without considering the bigger picture which imo is exactly the right thing to do. The one big factor in not playing this season in August is the new Scottish deal from Sky which apparently indicates a league start in August. No idea if that is a big factor in limiting the option of this season running on but it may well be. Clubs need money now to save themselves which is likely the biggest reason the vote will go through. Votes are to be cast by Friday at 5pm so no time at all for them to consider their decision.

:agree: She cant be seen to want them relegated, as much as i'd like her to say so. :greengrin She's just playing the waiting game until such times as there is no other option, and that will be the only option soon enough. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm one of these weirdos who supports Hibs more than I dislike Hearts so I wouldn't be losing confidence in a fantastic CEO because she acts in the best interest of Hibernian.

Voting for some temporary reconstruction would be not in our best interests.
Leeann says we need to take our time but surely that ship has sailed if we need to vote by Friday?

hibbyfraelibby
09-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Actual read what the Yam infested EEN wrote and point me at the direct quotes from LD that explicitly say Hibernian will

1. Vote other than its best interests
2. Will vote for reconstruction
3. Will vote to "save" HMFC

LD will vote as her board directs and that means what RG wants...and he wants to dominate this city as per his recent announcements.

Lets all calm down and let this play out to its inevitable conclusion and stop turning on our own.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 09:25 AM

And a 14 team league is good for Hibs how?

Forza Fred
09-04-2020, 09:27 AM
FWIW I consider it would be unfair to relegate any team with the season incomplete

Unfair it may be, but I would love Hearts to get relegated.

Long term there are benefits to Hibs if our city rivals spend a few seasons in the lower divisions, or even better, remain there.

The board will make their own decision, but even though Hibs fans may be voting out of emotion.....they are nevertheless the customers who keep the club afloat, and I don’t know many businesses that flourish by deliberately phishing off their customers!

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 09:27 AM

Wow, your awful blasé about our season ticket sales. One minute your all about what’s good for Hibs, next you don’t care if folk buy tickets of not.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 09:29 AM

You could read whatever you want into the comment. Does "everything in football had to change anyway" mean she thinks the leagues needed to be restructured whether we suffered the current problems or not? I don't know and neither do you, but she does also say "in some small way" - restructuring the leagues is not a small way.

"I think it is going to change everything". She's absolutely right here IMO. Most clubs in Scotland are going to have to reset significantly and several are in real danger of going the way of the original Rangers. As I said, if that happens restructuring of some sort will become inevitable.

I think what LD is saying is that we have to react to events as they happen, ruling nothing out and ruling nothing in, and if restructuring is the best way to deal with them then so be it. My personal view is that an immediate restructuring is a bad choice, but I'm not in possession of all the information necessary to support that view in full.

Kato
09-04-2020, 09:31 AM
You can argue that point if you like but it's front and centre in this whole thing. We would be complicit in giving them an escape. That won't be and should not be forgotten.I think COVID19, people's lives and jobs are front and centre, bud.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

DaveF
09-04-2020, 09:32 AM
I think COVID19, people's lives and jobs are front and centre, bud.

Come on you are way better than that. You know fine well we are talking in a football only context here.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 09:35 AM
"in some small way"

League reconstruction?
Summer football?
Changes to split?

Yes and in my view she has used this platform to float the idea that hibs would be open to league reconstruction. I get that that is a bit of joining the dots on my part, but we've heard no mention of the other options you raise and I feel this is the most likely inference to take.

If this is the case then I'll be raging with the decision. People can say that's not pragmatic etc but that is how I'll feel.

Kato
Come on you are way better than that. You know fine well we are talking in a football only context here.Are footballers' lives and jobs not at risk?

Ozyhibby
A restructure that involves merging with maybe the Dutch and Belgian leagues would peak my interest and make me turn a blind eye to any benefit Hearts may receive but a temporary change to 14 teams would be the worst solution of all. It would be admitting 14 is a bad number and that this is all about saving Hearts.

G B Young
09-04-2020, 09:36 AM
Any chance we might re-word the poll? IMHO we're focusing too much on relegating Hearts here, which (while that would be an amusing and deserved consequence) is obscuring the fact that ending the season is simply the most sensible solution and would bring Scottish football in line with the approach adopted by pretty much all other sports.

I'd suggest the poll ought to be worded something like: Should Hibs vote in favour of the SFPL proposals to end the season?

Followed by a straight 'yes' or 'no' choice.

I don't imagine that would alter the way people vote but it would mean nobody has to justify or argue about why they voted the way they did.

Scotty Leither
09-04-2020, 09:38 AM
I get LD having to make diplomatic noises and not committing to anything, especially in the midst of the predictably risible cant emanating from Ibrox and Tynecastle...

...however what worries me is the tone of communication from Easter Road at times verges on the "meek" - the Sevco "move on statement" had Petrie & Forsyth's dabs all over it and only served to p!ss off a substantial number of the support, and if we were to vote for reconstruction, then you could multiply that by a factor of 10x, because whatever way you want to dress it up, it saves that mob's neck.

Some fans in the Hibs support aren't going to wear that approach, and it will manifest itself in lower season ticket sales (which are going to take a hit anyway), leading to an inferior team.

If the club are also looking up the table at them after them being spared relegation and doubtless splashing the cash again - as we all know they will do (and have basically said they will in their leaked e-mail to agents about being in the market for new players once they've dumped the current lot) then that same ill-feeling will be further ramped up among the fanbase.

HMFC as the "establishment" club in Edinburgh have historically been over-indulged by the useless football authorities, their acolytes in the media, and our illustrious council to boot.

Let's not add to that list this time round eh Hibs?

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Poll running at 91% in favour of calling the league as is. That’s a lot of customers that Hibs risk upsetting.

Greenworld
09-04-2020, 09:40 AM

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.His could also finish lower than 7th so maybe it would be wise to accept that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 09:41 AM
You could read whatever you want into the comment. Does "everything in football had to change anyway" mean she thinks the leagues needed to be restructured whether we suffered the current problems or not? I don't know and neither do you, but she does also say "in some small way" - restructuring the leagues is not a small way.

"I think it is going to change everything". She's absolutely right here IMO. Most clubs in Scotland are going to have to reset significantly and several are in real danger of going the way of the original Rangers. As I said, if that happens restructuring of some sort will become inevitable.

I think what LD is saying is that we have to react to events as they happen, ruling nothing out and ruling nothing in, and if restructuring is the best way to deal with them then so be it. My personal view is that an immediate restructuring is a bad choice, but I'm not in possession of all the information necessary to support that view in full.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I take your points on board and that has gone some way to calm me down! Haha

I think with such an emotive subject however she would have been best to give the standard response than dropping hints that are open to interpretation.

I wouldn't vote for league reconstruction no matter the circumstance. I've just never been fond of the idea.

BoomtownHibees
09-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Poll running at 91% in favour of calling the league as is. That’s a lot of customers that Hibs risk upsetting.

If that was across the full support then yes it is however at the moment it’s a very small sample size

chrisski33
09-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Think folk need to chill. Hibs wont be saving Hearts and at no point did LD say they would. Its clear they are keeping options open. Hearts will still be relegated

easty
09-04-2020, 09:47 AM
A restructure that involves merging with maybe the Dutch and Belgian leagues would peak my interest and make me turn a blind eye to any benefit Hearts may receive but a temporary change to 14 teams would be the worst solution of all. It would be admitting 14 is a bad number and that this is all about saving Hearts.

I doubt I'm in the minority when I say that I have absolutely nae interest in merging with Dutch or Belgian leagues :confused:

Steve20
09-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Think folk need to chill. Hibs wont be saving Hearts and at no point did LD say they would. Its clear they are keeping options open. Hearts will still be relegated

There's very little chance that Hearts are going down. People are living in a different world if they think this season can be played to a finish. Then I'm sure the league will be called and Celtic will get the league, but I think it's almost a certainty that they'll have league reconstruction to save anyone getting relegated. I'll be disgusted by that as it's all done to save Hearts, but that's how I see it happening.

I think some people on this thread forget they've bought and cheated their way to trophies, at our expense. Their support has been unbearable since Romanov arrived. The right thing is they go down. It just won't happen.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Wow, your awful blasé about our season ticket sales. One minute your all about what’s good for Hibs, next you don’t care if folk buy tickets of not.

I don't care if a few don't bother because instead of going all out to get Hearts, we do whats best for Hibs. That would be a laughable reason to stop going and the club shouldn't be catering to those people.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 09:50 AM

You can if you change it to default style at the bottom

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 09:52 AM
I doubt I'm in the minority when I say that I have absolutely nae interest in merging with Dutch or Belgian leagues :confused:

Exactly, awful suggestion and how exactly would we get to these countries with the almost certain travel bans that will remain in place for a while.

DaveF
09-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Are footballers' lives and jobs not at risk?

Yes. And?

matty_f
09-04-2020, 09:59 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200409/a82280b054cf42d90c6d1886563486d1.plist
They won’t be wrong if Dempster votes to save them.

"We have the ruthless gene..."

:faf: aye, you're that ruthless that you're completely reliant on your biggest rivals doing you a favour to stop you being relegated. What ****ing planet are these clowns on??

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 09:59 AM
I don't care if a few don't bother because instead of going all out to get Hearts, we do whats best for Hibs. That would be a laughable reason to stop going and the club shouldn't be catering to those people.

You are being extremely niave and shortsighted if this is what you truely believe.

Please explain to me how voting for reconstruction, in this context, actually benefits Hibs? I am really keen to hear your response.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 10:00 AM
LD says in the interview that she thinks we should take our time before deciding? How does that fit in with the need to vote tomorrow?

lord bunberry
09-04-2020, 10:01 AM
"in some small way"

League reconstruction?
Summer football?
Changes to split?
Other than reconstruction, no other plans are currently on the table. Obviously there might be other things that are being considered and we haven’t heard, but I doubt it.

mjhibby
09-04-2020, 10:01 AM
There's very little chance that Hearts are going down. People are living in a different world if they think this season can be played to a finish. Then I'm sure the league will be called and Celtic will get the league, but I think it's almost a certainty that they'll have league reconstruction to save anyone getting relegated. I'll be disgusted by that as it's all done to save Hearts, but that's how I see it happening.

I think some people on this thread forget they've bought and cheated their way to trophies, at our expense. Their support has been unbearable since Romanov arrived. The right thing is they go down. It just won't happen.

It needs 11 of 12 the spl to vote for reconstruction. No chance. It would only be to save Hertz. Why would Aberdeen,Motherwell etc take a cut of monies. It ain't happening.

Lee Marvin
09-04-2020, 10:02 AM
"We have the ruthless gene..."

:faf: aye, you're that ruthless that you're completely reliant on your biggest rivals doing you a favour to stop you being relegated. What ****ing planet are these clowns on??

I do not agree with 99.99% of opinions on that board, however that sits in the 0.01% if it does play out that way.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 10:03 AM
LD says in the interview that she thinks we should take our time before deciding? How does that fit in with the need to vote tomorrow?

Because there's an element of "wait and see" written in to the proposal for the top league. However acceptance will mean relegation (unfair IMO) for Partick, unless there's also league reconstruction.

Green-Hibee-7
09-04-2020, 10:07 AM
They have been the worst team in the league for 12 months. Not just this season. Truth be told though, if it was Hibs in Hearts position I would have the same stance as them - it doesn’t seem right to end the season and relegate teams based on the season being incomplete and it being more than recoverable. Fortunately it isn’t, we are not in that position so only need to make a position that brings us out of this positively.

Forget the short-term loss (2 x gates versus Hearts at ER). Strategically we have a chairman/owner and CEO that have committed to wanting us to regularly finish in the top 4 places in the league. Wanting increased crowds that have not been seen in decades. Are coming out with marketing lines that state “this is our city”. To achieve these goals, what sense does it make in voting to save a direct competitor to all these goals when you could put them back for w year whilst you strive to get on your way to achieving these goals.

If there’s one thing history tells me, they are the luckiest team ever that worm their way out of every situation and end up at some point along the way have success against us.

I hope the board are thinking of the impact this will have on sizeable numbers in our support and I trust them to make the right call. Let’s see how it plays out.

BFG
09-04-2020, 10:14 AM
Hi NN I have some sympathy with your point of view as a season ticket holder ( I’ve already bought next season’s) and along with most of our support would be happy to see them relegated but after reading your post I took my green tinted glasses off and thought would it be a bad thing if league reconstruction was to go ahead with 18 teams playing each other once home and away ?, but then I had a look over on kickback and found this thread, after reading it I now say relegate them it’s what they would do

Gashauskis9

The Doyen of drivel
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-11539.jpg
Paid Member_10
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_premium.gif
11,140 posts

Posted March 10 (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187977-imagine-this-scenario/&do=findComment&comment=7761120)

We beat St Mirren 2-0 tomorrow night and go above them on goal difference.

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19. To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one. As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season. They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

That my friends is ****ing karma!!!

Billy Whizz
09-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Maybe Hibs feel that they can move up the league, and possibly get 4th/5th, which means a lot more money
Whatever way we vote, we vote in our interests, and nothing to do with relegating Hearts

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Maybe Hibs feel that they can move up the league, and possibly get 4th/5th, which means a lot more money
Whatever way we vote, we vote in our interests, and nothing to do with relegating Hearts

In which case they need to articulate that and say which way they are going to vote tomorrow.

chrisski33
09-04-2020, 10:35 AM

Exactly Billy im puzzled as to why folk havent thought of this reasoning.fk Hearts they are going down anyway

Iain G
09-04-2020, 10:35 AM
You are being extremely niave and shortsighted if this is what you truely believe.

Please explain to me how voting for reconstruction, in this context, actually benefits Hibs? I am really keen to hear your response.

I would say those focusing purely on relegating the Hearts at all costs are being naive, short sighted and very parochial. :agree:

Hibs will, as they should, take the view on this and will vote in a way that best benefits us as a club and for the survival of Scottish football. Leeann is advocating a very sensible wait and see strategy at the moment as the picture is still not clear.

If this is a chance to improve Scottish football then we should consider what those options could look like as we have some time to think through these things.

FWIW my own view is end it now, distribute the money and let everyone get on with planning for the next season.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:37 AM

There’s more chance of finishing higher in the table next season with hearts relegated also though. The league isn’t going to start again any time soon and the vote isn’t for this to happen right away I’m the Premiership, the vote is to vote on the proposal going through if the league cannot be concluded.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Exactly Billy im puzzled as to why folk havent thought of this reasoning.fk Hearts they are going down anyway

Like I said, the vote is to vote on the proposal if the league cannot be finished. It’s not to finish the league right away.

Michael
09-04-2020, 10:40 AM
There's not really a bad outcome for us. Either Hearts are relegated which is funny, or they're saved and we get to have the derby next season. In terms of our position, since we're mid table it doesn't mean much.

ancient hibee
09-04-2020, 10:45 AM
There's not really a bad outcome for us. Either Hearts are relegated which is funny, or they're saved and we get to have the derby next season. In terms of our position, since we're mid table it doesn't mean much.

Nice to read a post from someone not suffering from a dreadful virus---mass hysteria.

Sioux
09-04-2020, 10:53 AM
This thread would take a completely different track if the word 'Hearts' was replaced by 'the team that's bottom of the league'.

RoYO!
09-04-2020, 10:55 AM
This thread would take a completely different track if the word 'Hearts' was replaced by 'the team that's bottom of the league'.

Of course it would. Because we hate the hearts. Pretty standard.

I am dead against league reconstruction at the same time, so it's potentially a double whammy for me. (If that is to be what's read between the lines in the last paragraph of the LD statement)

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Im not sure it would. It’s the fairest way for the season to be decided if it’s agreed at a later date the season cannot be concluded.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 10:58 AM

It’s not great if we vote to keep them and their bigger playing budget allows them to pip us for a European spot or to knock us out the Scottish cup next season.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 10:58 AM
So what are folk's views on Partick being relegated? Is that fair?

For what it's worth, I don't think so.

Rocky
09-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Maybe true, but I'd prefer the club Chief Executive's decision making to be more focused on Hibs best interests rather than being obsessed with what happens to Hearts as some appear to be.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:04 AM

I don’t think it’s fair on Partick either but that’s not Hibernians issue. There was always going to be a few teams hard done by (Partick and Falkirk so far) but I also don’t think it’s fair that Stranraer are voting against this when they have next to no chance of staying up.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Maybe true, but I'd prefer the club Chief Executive's decision making to be more focused on Hibs best interests rather than being obsessed with what happens to Hearts as some appear to be.

What’s Hibs’ best interests in voting against this proposal then? I’m all ears.

Hibernianinc
09-04-2020, 11:05 AM

'Fair' is subjective.

It most certainly is fair based on Average points per game.

It's not based on who's played who, at which venues, at this time.

If you cannot conclude the matches and 'Null' are not options for financial/legal/contractual reasons, then what are your options?

Is it tough on PT? Yes.

danhibees1875
09-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Hi NN I have some sympathy with your point of view as a season ticket holder ( I’ve already bought next season’s) and along with most of our support would be happy to see them relegated but after reading your post I took my green tinted glasses off and thought would it be a bad thing if league reconstruction was to go ahead with 18 teams playing each other once home and away ?, but then I had a look over on kickback and found this thread, after reading it I now say relegate them it’s what they would do

Gashauskis9

The Doyen of drivel
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-11539.jpg
Paid Member_10
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_premium.gif
11,140 posts

Posted March 10 (https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187977-imagine-this-scenario/&do=findComment&comment=7761120)

We beat St Mirren 2-0 tomorrow night and go above them on goal difference.

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19. To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one. As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season. They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

That my friends is ****ing karma!!!

That's a sensational find. :agree:

18Craig75
09-04-2020, 11:13 AM
Wow a few poor posts on this thread.

Does anyone seriously think the board would vote to save hearts? If we vote against the resolution it’ll be for reasons that affect Hibernian FC. Ie - were set to lose out on 130k right away as St Johnstone will overtake us in the league. What if we need that to keep the lights on?

I’ve voted to relegate hearts because that’s what I’d like to see happen. However if the club vote the other way, I have full confidence they’ve done so with the best interest of Hibs in mind

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 11:21 AM

Does anyone seriously think the board would vote to save hearts? If we vote against the resolution it’ll be for reasons that affect Hibernian FC. Ie - were set to lose out on 130k right away as St Johnstone will overtake us in the league. What if we need that to keep the lights on?

I’ve voted to relegate hearts because that’s what I’d like to see happen. However if the club vote the other way, I have full confidence they’ve done so with the best interest of Hibs in mind

That's a very valid point. If we posed the question "Should we give £130k to St Johnstone or try to keep it for our selves?" How many would vote for the first option?

I would suggest it's more relevant than whether or not Hearts get relegated.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 11:21 AM
I’m really against this 14 team league for 1 season nonsense.

If you are going to restructure then it has to be a decent proposal which is put in place for a few years - not a 1 season to please a few teams than back to 12 idea.

I’ve said for years I’m bored of playing teams x4 times and possibly x6 with the cup games etc.

I agree it’s not ideal for rushed proposals but the only compromise I have is relegate Hearts now and then the season after say you would expand the league so basically they get stuck down in that league for a minimum of 1 year.

I’ve not renewed my ST yet - Hibs is a massive part of my life but I’m curious to see what Scottish football do here / Hibs act here - but I do plan to renew before the deadline as long as they don’t pull some nonsense out the bag. Of course I love Hibs more than I dislike Hearts but it’s more to do with the direction of Scottish football.

The We are all Hibs and This is our City taglines need to be justified and I doubt we will make a statement about who we voted for but it’s a question that can’t be dodged surely.

This wasn’t even on the table at the recent AGM and now reconstruction is being talked about out of no where.

I stopped reading the thread so I could comment on this, so sorry if other folk have made the point I'm about to.

I was at the AGM and I now bitterly regret the fact that I didn't grab the mic and ask Ron Gordon or LD what they thought the effect on Scottish football would be if some guy in China ate a sodding bat and it put the idea of league reconstruction back on the table ..... FFS !

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 11:33 AM

What is the other proposal on the table that allows us to keep that £130k?

DaveF
That's a very valid point. If we posed the question "Should we give £130k to St Johnstone or try to keep it for our selves?" How many would vote for the first option?

I would suggest it's more relevant than whether or not Hearts get relegated.

Or we could play the games out (whenever) and finish 8th, losing more. The season is done. Over. Call it a day now and if we end up 7th it's because that is where we deserve to be.

Rocky
What’s Hibs’ best interests in voting against this proposal then? I’m all ears.

£125 grand as a starter. Who knows, maybe also trying to break the Glasgow duopoly, fairer split of TV cash, league reconstruction that's done sensibly and not just focused on delivering 4 bigot derbies to the TV companies every season.

They should give zero hoots what the impact on hearts is (other than weighing up the financial consequences of losing the derby). For what it's worth, I don't care about losing that but then I'm not privy to the books so don't know how perilous or otherwise Hibs financial position is. Neither do the people voting on this poll right enough.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 11:35 AM
I don’t think it’s fair on Partick either but that’s not Hibernians issue. There was always going to be a few teams hard done by (Partick and Falkirk so far) but I also don’t think it’s fair that Stranraer are voting against this when they have next to no chance of staying up.Surely Hearts aren't Hibs' issue either then? How Hibs vote will affect Hearts, but they shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Or we could play the games out (whenever) and finish 8th, losing more. The season is done. Over. Call it a day now and if we end up 7th it's because that is where we deserve to be.

100% correct.
It was a terrible interview from Dempster. It says nothing but throws doubt all over the place. She doesn’t say she is in favour of anything. She against null and void but that’s off the table now anyway.
If she wants reconstruction then she should say so. Tell us what her plan is?

neil7908
09-04-2020, 11:38 AM
In a magical world where all threat of Coronavirus just disappeared by Saturday, I think that would be ideal. Let's face it, Hearts would go down.

However, it's just not an option.

I don't see why. I'd rather we postponed next season and finished this one. People keep saying it's not an option but I'm not yet clear why.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 11:38 AM
£125 grand as a starter. Who knows, maybe also trying to break the Glasgow duopoly, fairer split of TV cash, league reconstruction that's done sensibly and not just focused on delivering 4 bigot derbies to the TV companies every season.

They should give zero hoots what the impact on hearts is (other than weighing up the financial consequences of losing the derby). For what it's worth, I don't care about losing that but then I'm not privy to the books so don't know how perilous or otherwise Hibs financial position is. Neither do the people voting on this poll right enough.

Dempster says we are good for about 5 months without football in the interview. If it’s that long then most of the clubs in Scotland will be wiped out.
If she has ideas on reconstruction she should say so quickly because the vote is tomorrow.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 11:40 AM
I don't see why. I'd rather we postponed next season and finished this one. People keep saying it's not an option but I'm not yet clear why.

Because there is no more money to be collected from this season, so the clubs would have to survive until maybe Oct/Nov with zero cash coming in.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Send them down down down now

No mercy

They would do the same to us and just love it

The glove is on the other foot

Remember 1990

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 11:43 AM

We could finish third (I think) if we finished the season as well - at least it would all have been decided on the field. It's clear that's unlikely to happen, but we have accumulated more points playing football than St Johnstone and our record against them is W1 D1 L0 - why do we deserve to finish behind them in the league? We'd be conceding a place to them and giving them a chunk of money despite being demonstrably the better team.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 11:44 AM
What is the other proposal on the table that allows us to keep that £130k?

Defer the decision? That seems to be what LD is proposing.

neil7908
09-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Because there is no more money to be collected from this season, so the clubs would have to survive until maybe Oct/Nov with zero cash coming in.

So let's give out the cash based on current leagues places and then play the games at the next available opportunity. Means clubs can keep going and the really important stuff (ie. promotion and relegation, Europe) can still be sorted. If say Aberdeen finish 3rd but get the prize money for 4th I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 11:46 AM
Defer the decision? That seems to be what LD is proposing.Which is also what's in the SPFL board's proposition.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 11:47 AM
So let's give out the cash based on current leagues places and then play the games at the next available opportunity. Means clubs can keep going and the really important stuff (ie. promotion and relegation, Europe) can still be sorted. If say Aberdeen finish 3rd but get the prize money for 4th I'm sure they'll be fine with it.And what if Livi get the prize money for 5th, finish bottom then go down the tubes?

DaveF
09-04-2020, 11:48 AM
We could finish third (I think) if we finished the season as well - at least it would all have been decided on the field. It's clear that's unlikely to happen, but we have accumulated more points playing football than St Johnstone and our record against them is W1 D1 L0 - why do we deserve to finish behind them in the league? We'd be conceding a place to them and giving them a chunk of money despite being demonstrably the better team.

We are 1 point ahead and played 1 game more. They have taken more points of Hearts and Sevco than we have. Spin stats anyway you like but we are not demonstrably a better team.

tamig
09-04-2020, 11:49 AM

So do we just wait and wait? When do we call time on this season - or do we not? The longer it goes on, the more likely many of our clubs will hit the buffers waiting on the pay out of desperately needed prize money. That money will be the saving grace for more than a few clubs.

Rocky
09-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Dempster says we are good for about 5 months without football in the interview. If it’s that long then most of the clubs in Scotland will be wiped out.
If she has ideas on reconstruction she should say so quickly because the vote is tomorrow.

Showing your hand in the heat of the moment is a very poor negotiating strategy. If she has ideas on reconstruction I'd expect her to support a no vote tomorrow then mobilise an influencing strategy ahead of the next decision point.

I don't know the ins and outs but I'm definitely looking for a Chief exec to weigh up a complex situation and act in the best interests of the game generally and Hibs specifically before making any decisions. Making decisions based on what's best to "pump the hearts" is exactly what we laugh at keekback for.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:55 AM

What would you suggest the outcome will be if we vote against it? This isn’t for the Prem to end right away with St Johnstone finishing above us. If the league can’t be concluded and it’s voided what position do we finish fifth with hearts 6th while Livi would get prize money for finishing 9th instead of 6th?

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 11:57 AM
So do we just wait and wait? When do we call time on this season - or do we not? The longer it goes on, the more likely many of our clubs will hit the buffers waiting on the pay out of desperately needed prize money. That money will be the saving grace for more than a few clubs.

It’s not just that. It would be voting against not ending the lower leagues which would collapse a good few clubs down there when the vote isn’t even to end the Prem.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 11:59 AM
We are 1 point ahead and played 1 game more. They have taken more points of Hearts and Sevco than we have. Spin stats anyway you like but we are not demonstrably a better team.

Our first game against them when we were struggling under Hecky was a 2-2 draw. Our last game against them was a 4-1 win. There's no spin there, and that demonstrates that we are the better team.

SteveHFC
09-04-2020, 12:05 PM
If Dempster votes for them. She’s lost my support.

DaveF
09-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Our first game against them when we were struggling under Hecky was a 2-2 draw. Our last game against them was a 4-1 win. There's no spin there, and that demonstrates that we are the better team.

Aye ok. It's a bit daft stripping it back to that level as on that basis Hearts are demonstrably better than us.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 12:10 PM
Aye ok. It's a bit daft stripping it back to that level as on that basis Hearts are demonstrably better than us.

I would say giving them 5th place despite having more points than them is just as daft.

We're also ahead of them in the league and their game in hand is against a team that is way above both of us so they would be expected to lose it.

Peevemor
If Dempster votes for them. She’s lost my support.

Why? It's not even her decision to take, it's the board's.

neil7908
And what if Livi get the prize money for 5th, finish bottom then go down the tubes?

What do you mean go down the tubes? Surely that could happen to any team right now? Presumably getting the prize money for 5th would mean this is less likely?

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 12:11 PM
What do you mean go down the tubes? Surely that could happen to any team right now? Presumably getting the prize money for 5th would mean this is less likely?

Purely to illustrate why the league will be wary of overpaying teams.

Radium
09-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Can’t remember who said it but there will have been 42 versions of sporting integrity across the leagues at the start of the shutdown. I suspect that for the vast majority that has faded and finance will drive most thinking now: probably the reason some have called for the cash to be shared ahead of the vote.

For me, call the season, take seventh, and plan for next season whenever it starts.

Greenworld
09-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Which is also what's in the SPFL board's proposition.With the exception that the spfl then have the power to call it whenever they want without going back to the clubs

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

DaveF
09-04-2020, 12:14 PM
I would say giving them 5th place despite having more points than them is just as daft.

They have played a game less. Chances are they would lose but having taken a point of sevco already, who knows. It's our fault for not taking enough points off the likes of Livi, hearts etc for being where we are.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Can’t remember who said it but there will have been 42 versions of sporting integrity across the leagues at the start of the shutdown. I suspect that for the vast majority that has faded and finance will drive most thinking now: probably the reason some have called for the cash to be shared ahead of the vote.

For me, call the season, take seventh, and plan for next season whenever it starts.

If the cash gets shared before the vote then the vote will never happen and we’ll be talking about this all summer.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 12:16 PM

That isn't what I said. I said Hibs should be voting in the best interests of Hibs, not to spite Hearts.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 12:18 PM
That isn't what I said. I said Hibs should be voting in the best interests of Hibs, not to spite Hearts.

The best interests of the Hibernian support is to relegate they ****s though or do the fans not count?

Hibeesmad
09-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Hearts relegated.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 12:19 PM
They have played a game less. Chances are they would lose but having taken a point of sevco already, who knows. It's our fault for not taking enough points off the likes of Livi, hearts etc for being where we are.

I've edited my post to cover that point. My view is that we deserve to be in 6th place at the moment because that is what we achieved playing football, we're unbeaten against the other team with a claim to sixth and their game in hand was very unlikely to produce the result required for them to pass us.

Why do you think we deserve to be seventh?

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 12:22 PM
The best interests of the Hibernian support is to relegate they ****s though or do the fans not count?

Says who? Maybe some would prefer them to stay up and struggle so we can play/beat them 3 times next season?

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Some of the comments and input on this thread depress the hell out of me, not just as a Hibs fan or a fitba fan, but as a human being.

Folk are going on about Hibs being 'soft' if they miss this chance to relegate Hearts, saying all this talk about 'this is our city' is hogwash if we don't make ensuring Hearts are relegated our number one priority. Whatever happened to there being 'class, first class and Hibs class' ..... how much nonsense will that be if the club like half the fans on here make ensuring Hearts go down through a situation that's probably as close to the Zombie apocalypse as we will ever see our number one priority, when the future of our whole game is at stake.

Then you have the ... Hearts wouldn't think twice if the shoe was on the other foot folk ... The whole point is we aren't Hearts, the whole point is that what Hearts would do should never be a factor in how we think and how we act as a club ... or a support for that matter. If we genuinely think that Hearts would delight in taking advantage of what is nothing short of the biggest natural disaster to hit humanity since the 1919 flu pandemic which killed millions to put the boot into Hibs then Hibs doing the same thing would to me make us no better than them.

Then you have the I wont renew brigade, including some posters on here I have a great deal of respect for normally. I've seen comments from some folk saying this is like the Sevco situation and fans of other clubs will join the outrage if any decision made saves Hearts. Well I've got news for them, no it isn't ... to fans of other teams Hearts are just another club, probably not a very popular one for sure if comments I've seen from other fans over the years are to be believed, but to them in this situation just another club ... they will be thinking of their own clubs and hopefully how to ensure football continues with as little damage as possible to every club .... If any decision saves Hearts it wont be anywhere near as big a deal to them as it appears to be to a lot of us .... and to think otherwise is having an inflated idea of our own importance that would do credit to our city neighbours.

If you seriously are talking about damaging Hibs by consciously not renewing your season ticket over this issue then your hatred of Hearts truly does outweigh your love of Hibs. Something we delight in accusing Hearts fans of in reverse all the time .. and yet here we are doing exactly the same thing.

I have on many occasions stated that what Hearts did during the Mercer era was possibly the most disgusting act any football club anywhere could have ever undertaken ... To try and end another club, and even worse a direct rival, by killing them off the pitch should have made Hearts very name a swear word in football, a byword for disgusting underhanded behaviour, even to fans who previously had no thought for them either way, if at all.

In my opinion raving at our club to vote a certain way in an overall decision for Scottish football which will affect not just us, not just Hearts, but the whole future of our game based on no other consideration than how much damage it can do to Hearts, be that deserved payback, karma or whatever when the club in question were in a position where relegation through their efforts on the pitch was a long way from certain is in the same ballpark .... not the same, but the same ballpark ... as what Hearts tried to do to us all those years ago.

The ****ing Yams have always been unbearable with their inflated sense of self importance and entitlement ... nobody least of all me would deny that ... they truly think they are God's gift to the beautiful game. The thought of ramping that up to 11 by handing them the chance to play the martyr as well is a far worse outcome to this situation than any idea of a decision Hibs make keeping them in the premiership.

Rant over GGTTH.

DaveF
09-04-2020, 12:25 PM
I've edited my post to cover that point. My view is that we deserve to be in 6th place at the moment because that is what we achieved playing football, we're unbeaten against the other team with a claim to sixth and their game in hand was very unlikely to produce the result required for them to pass us.

Why do you think we deserve to be seventh?

If it goes on average points then we will be 7th. Whether you think it's deserved or not is a matter of opinion.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2020, 12:25 PM

Fans spiteful emotions don't count when it comes to running a successful football club, no. The best possible Hibs team is what I want, if we have a good team then the support will be happy.

You happy to vote for a horrendous solution to this problem that massively hurts Hibs as long as Hearts go down and we can banter them off a bit on twitter?

JimBHibees
09-04-2020, 12:28 PM
:agree: She cant be seen to want them relegated, as much as i'd like her to say so. :greengrin She's just playing the waiting game until such times as there is no other option, and that will be the only option soon enough. :greengrin

Totally agree.

neil7908
09-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Purely to illustrate why the league will be wary of overpaying teams.

It's a very problematic outcome - but we're in the proverbial rock and hard place at the moment.

Let's be honest, everyone here just wants Hearts down. Fine, I get that but it's a rubbish outcome. And has there been any chat about the Scottish Cup? Are we talking about giving up our chances of a semi final?

heretoday
09-04-2020, 12:31 PM
Quite honestly I couldn't give a toss. This virus business has confirmed to me how fed up I am with football these days. Beam me up, Scotty!

Vault Boy
09-04-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm going to trust somebody with the experience and track record of Leeann to make the best choice possible.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 12:39 PM
If it goes on average points then we will be 7th. Whether you think it's deserved or not is a matter of opinion.

Average points based on a different number of games played therefore not comparable. You're right though (for the only time in this wee debate :wink:) it's a matter of opinion and we're unlikely to agree on this so I'll stop here.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 12:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52227551

09-04-2020, 12:47 PM
If I thought that if our positions were reversed that Budge would vote to save Hibs then I might have some sympathy. Given all the underhanded snipes she's aimed at us in statements/interviews over the past few years I think I can safely say there's no chance she would.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Fans spiteful emotions don't count when it comes to running a successful football club, no. The best possible Hibs team is what I want, if we have a good team then the support will be happy.

You happy to vote for a horrendous solution to this problem that massively hurts Hibs as long as Hearts go down and we can banter them off a bit on twitter?

Spiteful may be correct. There is a significant amount of bad blood in Scottish football that stems from the actions of Hearts and Rangers.
Hibs decision to look the other way then means they are not being given much leeway from fans now. You can call it spiteful if you like but it’s not without foundation.

Hibs4185
09-04-2020, 12:48 PM
So when I started this poll, I put votes yes and relegate hearts. I maybe should’ve put vote yes and relegate the bottom team instead. I genuinely believe ending the season as it stands allows a clean slate for the start of next season.

I may be in favour of reconstruction if it was a permanent solution, and it benefited all of Scottish football and allows us to create a better product on the park and better players. A prime example would be summer football where we go into Europe in the middle of our season and we don’t get pumped by Maltese minnows because they are up to speed.

I would save hearts if that was a serious and lasting proposal.

The reconstruction idea as it stands is a half *rsed compromise in order to save the bottom club and keep the peace. Two wrongs don’t make a right and if it was St Mirren, Hamilton or anyone else I would argue the same.

The fact is, it is hearts, and they would have no hesitation in relegating us and taking great delight with their already inflated egos and grandeur.

For those who talk about loss of income. A few points. First we will benefit from the new tv deal sooner. Extra cash.

Secondly- imagine young kids at school wondering what team to support. If hearts are championship and hibs are premier league then we may win hundreds of new fans. Also applies to the many new residents of Edinburgh. Potential for bigger fan base.

There are many positives form Hearts demise that I won’t list but we would have the opportunity to become the undoubted dominate club in Edinburgh.

As far as I’m concerned there is only one option, vote yes and send them down.

WhileTheChief..
09-04-2020, 12:50 PM
LD should have a read of Kickback before making any decision.

The abuse that she has taken from them along with all of them calling us vermin etc should make it easy for her to make the right decision.

Even now, their talk is all about threats and boycotts. Not one bit of humility or an acceptance that they need a favour.

Originally I thought it would be unfair to see them relegated. Now I think it’s fully deserved.

Sioux
09-04-2020, 01:10 PM

The abuse that she has taken from them along with all of them calling us vermin etc should make it easy for her to make the right decision.

Even now, their talk is all about threats and boycotts. Not one bit of humility or an acceptance that they need a favour.

Originally I thought it would be unfair to see them relegated. Now I think it’s fully deserved.

Thankfully Hibs will make their decision on the issues they face without reference to a few baw bags on a football fans' internet forum.

Tobias Funke
09-04-2020, 01:15 PM
Vote yes and give those horrible maroon ballbags the relegation they deserve. That club and their FTB ex owner tried to wipe our club off the face of the earth and that should NEVER be forgotten.

Get them to ****.

Vault Boy
09-04-2020, 01:15 PM
Thankfully Hibs will make their decision on the issues they face without reference to a few baw bags on a football fans' internet forum.

Exactly. This decision is about reason, not emotion.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Says who? Maybe some would prefer them to stay up and struggle so we can play/beat them 3 times next season?

You think the majority of the support want to keep hearts up? Seriously?

Some, a handful will. The rest will want them to get what they deserve.

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:17 PM

I will it massively hurt Hibs? Them in the championship goosed for money will be incredibly beneficial to us long term.

Yorkshire HFC
09-04-2020, 01:19 PM

LOL - she absolutely should not. I think this thread illustrates perfectly why supporters should not have any input into the running of a football club.

Hibs is a football team - but it's also a business employing a large number of people. As such, I'm sure that the Board will make the decision based on what is best for the club - and not just to score a point against another team

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 01:22 PM
You think the majority of the support want to keep hearts up? Seriously?

Some, a handful will. The rest will want them to get what they deserve.

Not true.

A few will want to keep Hearts up. Some will want them to go down regardless of how much it hurts Hibs. The rest - the vast majority IMO - will want what's best for the club they support and will have little or no regard for any club they don't support. I'm firmly in the third category.

Dashing Bob S
09-04-2020, 01:23 PM
The heart says: send 'em down and into administration!

The head says: send 'em down and liquidate 'em!

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Not true.

A few will want to keep Hearts up. Some will want them to go down regardless of how much it hurts Hibs. The rest - the vast majority IMO - will want what's best for the club they support and will have little or no regard for any club they don't support. I'm firmly in the third category.

And what’s best for the club? Surely it’s to vote for the proposal taking hearts out the equation.

Or do you mean some will back the clubs decision blindly and ask no questions believing it’s in the best interests?

silverhibee
09-04-2020, 01:27 PM

Yes.

They are bottom of the table just like hertz Stranraer & Brechin.

Vault Boy
09-04-2020, 01:29 PM
And what’s best for the club? Surely it’s to vote for the proposal taking hearts out the equation.

Or do you mean some will back the clubs decision blindly and ask no questions believing it’s in the best interests?

Putting trust in our qualified, experienced and reputable CEO to make a better decision than a bunch of fans on an online forum isn't blind loyalty, it's rational.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Not a hope in hell.

It is only good as it suits her for now, IF she were put in our position Hibs would be down end of.

erin go bragh
09-04-2020, 01:30 PM
Not true.

90% would say your wrong .

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:31 PM
If Dundee Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheff Wed, Bristol City etc voted to send their local rivals down when they were just 4 pts adrift with 8 games left, I'd think they were an absolute disgrace.

Think about it.

You think about it, its not about voting them to get relegated they have done that themselves!!

Are you prepared to risk NEXT season and the new TV deal, if so you are a disgrace?

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:33 PM
Id be ok with league reconstruction, as long as it's not just to 14, and as i read somewhere else, only for a season to even things out.

It has to be a 16, 18 or even 20 top flight.

id prefer 18.

3 up and 3 down.

Im not sure about keeping the split either, ive never been the biggest fan.

If it saves Hearts, then so be it.

18 teams, and NOT for one season only, then I would support that anything else is no good. However, the TV companies will not agree to it sadly.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 01:37 PM
If we were in Hearts position (which could easily have happened) we'd be going daft.

However, I do think Hearts should be relegated, but I don't think Partick Thistle should.

I've no idea how I would vote this week if it was down to me.

Jim44
09-04-2020, 01:37 PM
Not true.

This board is far from the voice of Hibs but I think it is a reasonable indicator of grassroots opinion. Looking at the figures in this poll, 90% would prefer to see Hearts relegated. Now that’s not as definitive as you might think, as folk on here tend to be vocal and forthright, but I think it’s a fair stretch of the imagination to say that “the vast majority will want what's best for the club they support and will have little or no regard for any club they don't support.” I think a fairly big majority will hold the opposite view.

Tommy75
09-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Robbed us of potential league places over the years with their shameful overspending. Their attitude during, and since, their administration has been disgusting and embarrassing. Send them down and let them rot.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:39 PM

The justification is in your post - UNIQUE, unprecedented there really is no other way of calling an end to this season, so they go down.

Your idea of running into next year, eh and risk the TV deal why would ANY of the SPL clubs support that?

silverhibee
09-04-2020, 01:45 PM

It's not just on a fans forum, the only ground where she doesn't take her seat in the directors box and decides to sit/stand with Hibs fans in the away end during derbies at the farm, because she knows what kind of abuse she would get sitting in the directors box.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:46 PM

How would a 14 team league be better for Hibs, it seems its that, call as is or void season - i am all ears???

CockneyRebel
09-04-2020, 01:48 PM
Some of the comments and input on this thread depress the hell out of me, not just as a Hibs fan or a fitba fan, but as a human being.

Folk are going on about Hibs being 'soft' if they miss this chance to relegate Hearts, saying all this talk about 'this is our city' is hogwash if we don't make ensuring Hearts are relegated our number one priority. Whatever happened to there being 'class, first class and Hibs class' ..... how much nonsense will that be if the club like half the fans on here make ensuring Hearts go down through a situation that's probably as close to the Zombie apocalypse as we will ever see our number one priority, when the future of our whole game is at stake.

Then you have the ... Hearts wouldn't think twice if the shoe was on the other foot folk ... The whole point is we aren't Hearts, the whole point is that what Hearts would do should never be a factor in how we think and how we act as a club ... or a support for that matter. If we genuinely think that Hearts would delight in taking advantage of what is nothing short of the biggest natural disaster to hit humanity since the 1919 flu pandemic which killed millions to put the boot into Hibs then Hibs doing the same thing would to me make us no better than them.

Then you have the I wont renew brigade, including some posters on here I have a great deal of respect for normally. I've seen comments from some folk saying this is like the Sevco situation and fans of other clubs will join the outrage if any decision made saves Hearts. Well I've got news for them, no it isn't ... to fans of other teams Hearts are just another club, probably not a very popular one for sure if comments I've seen from other fans over the years are to be believed, but to them in this situation just another club ... they will be thinking of their own clubs and hopefully how to ensure football continues with as little damage as possible to every club .... If any decision saves Hearts it wont be anywhere near as big a deal to them as it appears to be to a lot of us .... and to think otherwise is having an inflated idea of our own importance that would do credit to our city neighbours.

If you seriously are talking about damaging Hibs by consciously not renewing your season ticket over this issue then your hatred of Hearts truly does outweigh your love of Hibs. Something we delight in accusing Hearts fans of in reverse all the time .. and yet here we are doing exactly the same thing.

I have on many occasions stated that what Hearts did during the Mercer era was possibly the most disgusting act any football club anywhere could have ever undertaken ... To try and end another club, and even worse a direct rival, by killing them off the pitch should have made Hearts very name a swear word in football, a byword for disgusting underhanded behaviour, even to fans who previously had no thought for them either way, if at all.

In my opinion raving at our club to vote a certain way in an overall decision for Scottish football which will affect not just us, not just Hearts, but the whole future of our game based on no other consideration than how much damage it can do to Hearts, be that deserved payback, karma or whatever when the club in question were in a position where relegation through their efforts on the pitch was a long way from certain is in the same ballpark .... not the same, but the same ballpark ... as what Hearts tried to do to us all those years ago.

The ****ing Yams have always been unbearable with their inflated sense of self importance and entitlement ... nobody least of all me would deny that ... they truly think they are God's gift to the beautiful game. The thought of ramping that up to 11 by handing them the chance to play the martyr as well is a far worse outcome to this situation than any idea of a decision Hibs make keeping them in the premiership.

Rant over GGTTH.

Although I tend to agree with much that you say, the highlighted part above is wrong - what Mercer tried to do was to exterminate not relegate and those two outcomes are about as far apart as you can get on the same planet never mind a ballpark.

hibeerealist
09-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Whether or not we renew our STs hinges on this vote. Vote to save them and they can shove it.

I also can't understand why she thinks starting the games again in Aug/Sep is an appropriate solution as that would mean the current season would finish in what, November? What a farce that would be.

Call it and move on to next season Hibs.

She would have been best advised to say nowt Franck, that way there would have been none of this speculation as to what she MIGHT be saying!

Let Chemical Annie do all the spouting as she is doing a great job turning folk against them.

neil7908
09-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Putting trust in our qualified, experienced and reputable CEO to make a better decision than a bunch of fans on an online forum isn't blind loyalty, it's rational.

Yup. There's a hilarious irony here in us tearing into Hearts and Sevco for pandering to their fans and failing to behave professionally.

And our solution? Let's pander to our support who just want to see our neighbours suffer.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 01:53 PM
How would a 14 team league be better for Hibs, it seems its that, call as is or void season - i am all ears???

I never said it would be, and neither did Leeann Dempster.

People should stop getting so uptight over speculation.

Peevemor
09-04-2020, 01:54 PM
She would have been best advised to say nowt Franck, that way there would have been none of this speculation as to what she MIGHT be saying!

Let Chemical Annie do all the spouting as she is doing a great job turning folk against them.

Why can't you (and others) just accept what she's saying at face value - ie. the goalposts are shifitng all the time and there's no way a decision should be made right now?

The 90+2
09-04-2020, 01:55 PM

Even if the decision is ultimately the wrong one? There’s no be no questioning just blind faith it’s for the best regardless of what the support want?

Onion
09-04-2020, 01:56 PM
LOL - she absolutely should not. I think this thread illustrates perfectly why supporters should not have any input into the running of a football club.

Hibs is a football team - but it's also a business employing a large number of people. As such, I'm sure that the Board will make the decision based on what is best for the club - and not just to score a point against another team

Of course fans views need to be taken into account ! These are just 2 extremes where in reality the proper approach will often lie somewhere in between. Sometimes decisions need to made to protect sporting integrity or to ensure the game does not get brought into disrepute. Not everything needs to be or should be driven by short term finances.

Was it right to put Sevco into the 3rd tier when they went bust and everyone as screaming Armageddon? Absolutely. If money was the pure driver for all decisions, then we might as well have rules that no big club can be relegated or go out of business. Let's give Hearts a bunch of "get out of Jail" cards, interest-free loans. Throw games if their Prem position looks precarious or reconstruct the league so bad things don't happen.

Hearts put themselves in this position, no one else. Hibs tried their best to help them on the field, and it STILL wasn't good enough. No one can save them from themselves ! Their financial mismanagement, awful football, dreadful management decisions are the reason they find themselves in danger. We did nothing to put them there, so have no obligation to dig them out of a hole.

Hibs decision needs to balanced - finance (long & short term), sporting fairness, integrity of the league, expectation of fans incl value for money, other club behaviours and prudence, pragmatism all need to be weighed up. How fans feel about things absolutely MUST be part of that.

Vault Boy
09-04-2020, 02:01 PM
Even if the decision is ultimately the wrong one? There’s no be no questioning just blind faith it’s for the best regardless of what the support want?

Leeann Dempster is better qualified than you or any other supporter who just wants to end the season now because Hearts happen to be bottom.

Leeann might vote in line with what you want, she might not, but either way she's in a much better position to make that judgement call. That's my point. She won't (and shouldn't) make a decision based on pandering to the emotional reaction of our support.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 02:03 PM

I think some believe that Leeann Dempster and the board are in a better position to judge what's best for the club than some random internet nutters with an agenda.

Voting for the proposal that's currently on the table that also takes Hearts out of the equation costs us at least £130k. Hearts staying in the league costs us nothing but may benefit us from increased revenues from Derbies. It's not all about money but in these times money has to play a huge part. I don't see any material gain for Hibs arising purely from Hearts being relegated.

For the record I would love to see Hearts get what they deserve but the situation we are in now is far too serious to let petty local rivalries get in the way of getting the big decisions right. That's why I think LD is right in suggesting we take a step back. If she's also suggesting restructuring the league purely to accommodate Hearts then I think she is very wrong.

Do you really think that Hearts should be relegated regardless of the damage that does to Hibs?

Radium
09-04-2020, 02:06 PM
If the cash gets shared before the vote then the vote will never happen and we’ll be talking about this all summer.

Probably

AgentDaleCooper
09-04-2020, 02:06 PM
the league badly needs reconstruction IMO. I don't care if it lets them off the hook, it'll benefit everyone in the long run.

Caversham Green
09-04-2020, 02:12 PM
90% would say your wrong .

If the poll was anything like rational you'd have a point. In truth the question is hugely biased towards the vote that's been achieved. If the question was 'Do you want Hearts to be relegated' I would certainly have voted yes. If it was do you want the club to concede 6th place to St Johnstone and give them £130k I would say the outcome would be very different.

CMurdoch
09-04-2020, 02:15 PM

Everything she says in this acticle makes sense.

JimBHibees
09-04-2020, 02:21 PM
Everything she says in this acticle makes sense.

Makes complete sense some hysteria on the back of sensible comments imo.

steviehibsleith
09-04-2020, 02:24 PM
I think some believe that Leeann Dempster and the board are in a better position to judge what's best for the club than some random internet nutters with an agenda.

Voting for the proposal that's currently on the table that also takes Hearts out of the equation costs us at least £130k. Hearts staying in the league costs us nothing but may benefit us from increased revenues from Derbies. It's not all about money but in these times money has to play a huge part. I don't see any material gain for Hibs arising purely from Hearts being relegated.

For the record I would love to see Hearts get what they deserve but the situation we are in now is far too serious to let petty local rivalries get in the way of getting the big decisions right. That's why I think LD is right in suggesting we take a step back. If she's also suggesting restructuring the league purely to accommodate Hearts then I think she is very wrong.

Do you really think that Hearts should be relegated regardless of the damage that does to Hibs?

For Hearts to remain in the SPL - Assuming that Dundee Utd are coming up then the only option is allowing 2 up to balance the League.

So we lose £130 k Derby revenue if they are relegated

If they stay up with 1 other we lose £600k per year for the next 5 years....

Th New Sky Sports deal with only The SPL to show 48 Premier league fixtures is worth £150 MILLION over 5 years. This is only for SPL - Money for SPL Teams .Cup games Is BT and BBC is separate and this starts in August.

Aberdeen chairman in Sportsound at weekend spoke about this deal and reason he believed no reconstruction would go ahead as every SPL team stood to Lose£600 K per year if two more teams were added.

Hibs90
09-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the sample poll and feedback, fantastic insight - genuinely appreciate all of them, very helpful. It is always difficult to represent every view and I would never state we (the collective) are X or Y exclusively. The aim of the role is there is a “supporter voice” on the Board and I’ll pass these comments on as verbatim/as is.

I don’t want to give a politician answer about making decisions remembering the legal and financial responsibilities to the club, I want to give more than that - Hibs will do what is right thing to do and what is right for us (club and support). I’ve not seen anything that would make me doubt they would.

Still a long way to go - this week isn’t the end game on this, still too many moving parts. The club taking the lead to ask for clarity, understand all specifics and call for purposeful conversations to make big decisions is sensible but doesn’t nail their colours to any decision.

I suspect if you put the sample poll across the overall fanbase the results would be similar. Perhaps other forums and social media could run a poll.

I agree with others, I won't be renewing if Hibs vote saves Hearts from relegation.