PDA

View Full Version : Companies House - Hibernian F.C. Limited

skankomcphee
06-04-2020, 06:38 PM
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC644976

Newish company, formed last October, but no obvious connection to the club. Anyone know what this is about?

Henderson2Del
06-04-2020, 06:40 PM
The person has also set up virgin airways Ltd and emirates airways Ltd, very odd

CropleyWasGod
06-04-2020, 06:41 PM
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC644976

Newish company, formed last October, but no obvious connection to the club. Anyone know what this is about?

Looks a bit weird.

The sole director is also sole director of companies called Emirates Airways, Apple Music and Virgin Airways.

All registered in Loganlea Terrace.

Peevemor
06-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Looks a bit weird.

The sole director is also sole director of companies called Emirates Airways, Apple Music and Virgin Airways.

All registered in Loganlea Terrace.The boy must be minted.

CropleyWasGod
06-04-2020, 06:49 PM
The boy must be minted.

Or a Spangle:wink:

The only thing that springs to mind is that some people like to collect company names, and domain names, in the hope that the "original" company is liquidated and wants to find a similar name to restart trading under. There's money to be made in that event.

Bit concerned that he's chosen us, though......:greengrin

Peevemor
06-04-2020, 06:50 PM
In any case he's not as smart as he thinks because I'm pretty sure registering names for the sole purpose of copyright ransom is now classed as fraud.

Newry Hibs
06-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Similar to cyber squatting? I.e. get the name first, then charge the 'real company' to take it over.

CropleyWasGod
06-04-2020, 06:54 PM
In any case he's not as smart as he thinks because I'm pretty sure registering names for the sole purpose of copyright ransom is now classed as fraud.

I didn't know that.

He's even dumber, then, as his name and address are out there.....

Zazu62
06-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Or a Spangle:wink:

The only thing that springs to mind is that some people like to collect company names, and domain names, in the hope that the "original" company is liquidated and wants to find a similar name to restart trading under. There's money to be made in that event.

Bit concerned that he's chosen us, though......:greengrin

A spangle? What’s that?

wallpaperman
06-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Very shady practice to set up a company with a similar name to a well known company/brand.

I have some experience of this in pensions, where someone will set up a company with a very similar name to a well known pension provider or advisor to try and give them a veneer of respectability.

Who’d have thought the primary shareholder of Hibs, Apple Music and Virgin Airways lived in a wee flat about 10 minutes walk along the road from me. :cb

Peevemor
06-04-2020, 07:04 PM
I didn't know that.

He's even dumber, then, as his name and address are out there.....It may not be a crime in itself, but the "original" companies can attack the usurper if confusion has been caused.

eezyrider
06-04-2020, 07:10 PM
A spangle? What’s that?

a 70s delicacy.

:aok:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spangles_(sweets)

EZ

Tommy75
06-04-2020, 08:31 PM
I wonder if he will go to the bother of filing a Confirmation Statement and accounts. I see he has already applied for voluntary dissolution of Emirates

Tomsk
06-04-2020, 08:49 PM
A spangle? What’s that?

It is not a term of endearment.