PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross interview

Ozyhibby
05-04-2020, 10:35 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1246847676471222280?s=21

Probably already posted but I can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mim
05-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
06-04-2020, 07:20 AM
Good interview speaks well. Didn't realise SDG was on PFA management committee.

Since452
06-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Hugely articulate, thought out responses. Oozes class. Compliments our club very well. Been a long time since I've liked a manager as much.

Juice-Terry
06-04-2020, 07:49 AM
He simply comes across as a very assured and competent person. Very happy to have him at the club.

HendoDelivered
06-04-2020, 09:27 AM
Top man. Always comes across very well. Delighted he’s the manager of our football club. Stay healthy, Jack.

sleeping giant
06-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Classy classy guy

Scorrie
06-04-2020, 11:29 AM
A real class act. Great interview

weecounty hibby
06-04-2020, 01:07 PM
I will reserve judgement. I thought Hecky would come good and I also thought Butcher was a good appointment when we got him!! Ah **** it, I like him and think he will be a very good Hibs manager. Hopefully around for a long time. Apologies for the kiss of death Jack.

The 90+2
06-04-2020, 02:03 PM
I will reserve judgement. I thought Hecky would come good and I also thought Butcher was a good appointment when we got him!! Ah **** it, I like him and think he will be a very good Hibs manager. Hopefully around for a long time. Apologies for the kiss of death Jack.

Nah, he’s our McInness. Finally we got the timing right with a manager there at the right time. He will be here for years.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Nah, he’s our McInness. Finally we got the timing right with a manager there at the right time. He will be here for years.

Curious (and serious q) How do you reckon other than gut feel?

The 90+2
06-04-2020, 02:45 PM
Curious (and serious q) How do you reckon other than gut feel?

I think he done a tremendous job before Sunderland and I also think with his fingers being burnt there he’s the type to learn a lot from that and it will help him in the future and he is less likely to jump ship - just like McInnes after Bristol City.

weecounty hibby
06-04-2020, 03:00 PM
I think he done a tremendous job before Sunderland and I also think with his fingers being burnt there he’s the type to learn a lot from that and it will help him in the future and he is less likely to jump ship - just like McInnes after Bristol City.
You can't overlook McWinless £10k per week salary as well though. It would need to be a pretty spectacular job to beat that. As well as the fact that he is in the cushiest job in Scotland and very seldom gets any stick from the sheep fans or the media

Since452
06-04-2020, 03:04 PM
You can't overlook McWinless £10k per week salary as well though. It would need to be a pretty spectacular job to beat that. As well as the fact that he is in the cushiest job in Scotland and very seldom gets any stick from the sheep fans or the media

I don't know about that. A lot of Aberdeen fans have been calling for his head this season. Ideas way above their station that lot.

weecounty hibby
06-04-2020, 03:11 PM
I don't know about that. A lot of Aberdeen fans have been calling for his head this season. Ideas way above their station that lot.

Yeah, I know but that is very much the exception at the moment. He has had a very easy ride in that job

Ozyhibby
06-04-2020, 04:17 PM

The McWinless chat is a bit crap. He’s won a league cup with them and been consistently top 3 since he got the job including three 2nd place finishes. That makes him more successful than any Hibs manager I’ve watched.

weecounty hibby
06-04-2020, 06:10 PM
The McWinless chat is a bit crap. He’s won a league cup with them and been consistently top 3 since he got the job including three 2nd place finishes. That makes him more successful than any Hibs manager I’ve watched.

It's not crap. For three of those seasons there were no huns or Hibs and for one of them no hearts either. 2nd should have been the minimum. I don't think he has done anything special and as I say he gets a very easy ride from the press in particular

greenlex
06-04-2020, 06:19 PM
I think JR is a smart guy. He knows Hibs are a great fit for him and vice versa. He is also smart and ambitious and he will move when his stock is high after a good job at ER to the right opportunity. McInnes blew that a couple of seasons ago. They had a trophy win followed by runner up to Celtic in the league and runner up in the cup to Celtic the same season. It was never going to get any better than that. I’m sure he could have gone to rangers and didn’t.

JimBHibees
06-04-2020, 06:35 PM

Also been to a few finals. The style of football his team plays is horrendous.

B.H.F.C
06-04-2020, 06:36 PM
I think JR is a smart guy. He knows Hibs are a great fit for him and vice versa. He is also smart and ambitious and he will move when his stock is high after a good job at ER to the right opportunity. McInnes blew that a couple of seasons ago. They had a trophy win followed by runner up to Celtic in the league and runner up in the cup to Celtic the same season. It was never going to get any better than that. I’m sure he could have gone to rangers and didn’t.

Aye he had to move two or three years ago. I think he’s qualified for Europe in every season he’s been there, which takes a bit of doing. But everybody wants a wee bit of style these days and His style must count against him when other teams are looking for a manager.

Since452
06-04-2020, 06:47 PM

Turned down Sunderland too ironically

Ozyhibby
06-04-2020, 07:18 PM
It's not crap. For three of those seasons there were no huns or Hibs and for one of them no hearts either. 2nd should have been the minimum. I don't think he has done anything special and as I say he gets a very easy ride from the press in particular

He gets an easy ride because his team have been constantly in the top 3. What is there to give him a hard time about?

jacomo
06-04-2020, 09:39 PM

I’m now alarmed. Your track record is honking.

:wink:

Speedway
08-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Must just be me then.

JR has improved us without question. It would've been some job to make us worse but his interviews are verbal chloroform. He says nothing or anything he does say takes a thousand words to say in monotone.

I assume he's far more motivational in the dressing room.

jacomo
08-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Must just be me then.

JR has improved us without question. It would've been some job to make us worse but his interviews are verbal chloroform. He says nothing or anything he does say takes a thousand words to say in monotone.

His interviews give nothing away but usually hit the right tone. He makes himself available to the media and helps Hibs’ profile but never puts his foot in it.

That’ll do for me.

HendoDelivered
08-04-2020, 11:27 PM

Jacks got potential to be a top manager for us. Hope he is like DM in terms of consistently challenging for European football. But not like DM in the way he ****s it against the OF.

Sammy7nil
11-04-2020, 07:35 AM
Must just be me then.

I agree with this BUT that derby performance was a real concern it was pitiful against a poor Hearts team low on confidence and we just shhat it. JR must take some responsibility.