PDA

View Full Version : Post Virus Dreams

heretoday
04-04-2020, 04:46 PM
What are you looking forward to doing when all this business is over?

danhibees1875
04-04-2020, 04:52 PM
The return of normal routines. Saturday's consisting of a couple of afternoon pints, watch Hibs putting some team to the sword at ER, then off out for dinner after the game.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2020, 04:55 PM
Going to work. Daft as it sounds but you appreciate a weekend so much more when you have earned it.

Also going to the pub or for a meal. I don't do either all that often but I like the option of doing so.

Bangkok Hibby
05-04-2020, 06:04 AM
What are you looking forward to doing when all this business is over?

As I'm trapped in the UK I'm looking forward to seeing my wife and friends and lying on the beach in the blazing heat.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Going for a swim after work which I usually do 3 times a week, going to the football, having a normal routine.

These past two weeks have felt like the week in between Christmas and New Year when you eat and drink what you want, go to bed when you want and no one knows what day of the week it is. I'm usually very happy to see that period end after a few days so the prospect of this lasting another couple of months doesn't appeal to me.

I don't eat out or go to the cinema very often but I will make a point of doing those things more often when this is finished as it's something that I have taken for granted.

Scouse Hibee
05-04-2020, 08:23 AM
Being able to see every one of my family and friends meaning they have all survived.

Sudds_1
05-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Being able to see every one of my family and friends meaning they have all survived.

I echo that mate!

HappyAsHellas
05-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Pretty straight forward for me as I'm still working so nothing has changed on that front which makes it all a bit surreal. Anyway, football and getting back out fishing at a remote beach or rock mark, well away from people as strange as this sounds.

Sylar
05-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Seeing all of the family I’ve taken for granted being able to see so freely and hugging them all tightly.

Handing my daughter over to the grandparents so they can hug and spend time together.

Getting into a new routine (as I don’t see my life returning to M-F, 9-5 after this: working from home allows a lot of positive change for me).

Getting back out to California again for a spell with work (assuming their entire society doesn’t implode).

Visiting Edinburgh and London again: two of my favourite cities that I dearly miss spending time in.

Northernhibee
05-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Walking down to the high street, getting a coffee and a sausage roll from the local bakers and having a wander around the charity shops.

It's something I often do if I'm on a day off and bored and it's a nice thing to do.

Also looking forward to travelling to see family, having a takeaway and making the most of that.

I get the feeling that all the little things, for a short period of time, are going to feel fantastic but life will move by very quickly indeed.

jonty
05-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Bits of all of the above.
Work wont be the same - i think many companies will approach home working with a different view now.
I'm looking forward to visiting the MiL and doing odd jobs for her.
Watching the wee man back at football training/games and swimming

And sadly a mcdonalds breakfast meal. The idea of it is always better than the actual thing. :greengrin
Not looking forward to the daily commute.

heretoday
05-04-2020, 07:13 PM
I want a week in the sun in Spain or Portugal, walking along a beach for miles at the water's edge.

Pretty Boy
05-04-2020, 07:16 PM
We have started keeping a note of all the things we say we wish we could do. We write them down stick them in a jar and when this is all over we plan to pick one out every time we need something to do until the jar is empty.

Jones28
05-04-2020, 07:56 PM
The party we’ll be having.

Frankhfc
05-04-2020, 08:06 PM
Not having to be like a hawkeye when out buying food etc making sure people are keeping the two metre distance. I honestly think some don't know what two metres are and instead think its two feet.

Apart from that, going on holiday to my caravan for at least a fortnight that is near the beach with the park itself having all the amenities with normally excellent weekend entertaiment on. Bliss.

Hibrandenburg
05-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Just hoping my 11 year old who is considered to be vulnerable to complications comes out of this unscathed. Looking forward to taking my new puppy to the seaside.

Jay
05-04-2020, 08:50 PM
Desperate to see my oldest who is in a student room in Aberdeen.

My youngests 18th is this week and I wont be able to see him other than through the window or by video message. We will celebrate big style when we can.

Most of all I'm.looking forward to being in groups of people again, I miss being in a crowded pub or even on a busy bus. I miss human contact, I hate the look of fear or anger on peoples faces just now when I'm out walking. I want a big hug :greengrin

Fuzzywuzzy
06-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Sounds harsh but a break from the kids. I'm WFH so logged in from six and that's it until at least 8pm with the kids. Told my wife she was lucky to get out to go to work🤣

LK1
06-04-2020, 07:49 PM
Im planning on doing a 2 year working holiday visa in Australia. Totally out of my comfort zone. Very nervous for it, but mostly excited!

MagicSwirlingShip
08-04-2020, 12:42 AM
Got a wee one arriving at the end of August, so simple things like being able to go out for a walk to the park, beach, etc - bring able to visit my Mum & Dad with the baby, first holidays.

Haymaker
08-04-2020, 06:30 AM
Just go out and spend time with close friends. And go back to work.

WeeRussell
15-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Almost everything above except returning to office. I'd continue WFH until I hand my notice in if I could... in fact I might still manage that.

Albeit I am grateful to be in a job and able to WFH in these desperate times :agree:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 01:33 PM
I feel like I am ready to retire.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2020, 03:37 PM
I feel like I am ready to retire.

Me too, but I can’t

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Me too, but I can’t

Sadly neither can I yet, the wife is retired and this time together is fantastic.