PDA

View Full Version : Your team v the current team OR v the Cup team

heidtheba
04-04-2020, 09:29 AM
So, I've been thinking about things to keep me occupied, football wise.
I thought I'd offer this up as an idea for some people.

How would the Hibs team you most identify with cope against either the current squad or the 2016 team?

I'm really interested where the relative strengths/weaknesses lie and what people would estimate a typical score would be if these two teams faced each other.

Here's the team I think of most as 'my' Hibs team;

Leighton
Miller Hunter Tweed Mitchell

McAllister Farrell Hamilton O'Neill

Wright Jackson

Subs
Gardiner
Findlay
Lennon
Harper
Weir

I know McGinlay was better, but hadn't rocked up at the time of 'my' team (start of 94/95 season).

How would a match go? Over to the experts...

BILLYHIBS
04-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Herriot Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black and Blackley Edwards ORourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan Subs Hamilton and Hazel

Turnbulls Tornadoes playing at their best playing against the current team I reckon they would win as they had a game plan were more organised and had better individual players against the Cup winning legends total respect for the legends as they achieved something the Tornadoes or any HIBS team failed to do in 114 years but my money would still be on the Tornadoes taking into account the advances in footballing science lifestyles diets etc over the last fifty years

All of the above is of course in my biased opinion 😃

Argylehibby
04-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Herriot Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black and Blackley Edwards ORourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan Subs Hamilton and Hazel

Turnbulls Tornadoes playing at their best playing against the current team I reckon they would win as they had a game plan were more organised and had better individual players against the Cup winning legends total respect for the legends as they achieved something the Tornadoes or any HIBS team failed to do in 114 years but my money would still be on the Tornadoes taking into account the advances in footballing science lifestyles diets etc over the last fifty years

And one I completely agree with Billy. Would you swap any of the cup winners for any of the tornadoes?

BILLYHIBS
05-04-2020, 01:49 AM
And one I completely agree with Billy. Would you swap any of the cup winners for any of the tornadoes?

Naw but if forced Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe for Stokesy and McGinn 😃

HoboHarry
05-04-2020, 03:54 AM
Naw but if forced Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe for Stokesy and McGinn 😃

I would have taken a fish supper and a pint in exchange for that pair (Fyffe and Scott I mean)......

Forza Fred
05-04-2020, 04:33 AM
:top marks

lyonhibs
05-04-2020, 05:51 AM
The Mcleish era team for me. Any team featuring Latapy, Sauzee and of course Dirk "Diggler" Lehmann would stand a good chance I reckon.