PDA

View Full Version : NHC Uefa

HappyAsHellas
03-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Once again UEFA are bowing down to the dollar sign as they threaten member nations with banning orders from European competitions if they don't finish their respective domestic league programmes. Why not head over to their facebook page and let them know how you feel about them?
Many dissenting voices on there already, so why not make yours count.

H18 SFR
03-04-2020, 11:59 AM
I’m very happy that the season will be finished - however long that takes.

04Sauzee
03-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Would it be possible for Nations Governments banning footbal during this crisis. Im thinking at least Italy, Spain, UK, Germany, France.

Where would UEFA stand then?

neil7908
03-04-2020, 12:04 PM
I agree with UEFA here, the season must be finished.

CMurdoch
03-04-2020, 12:04 PM
I’m very happy that the season will be finished - however long that takes.

Snap

Bucket league cup
Finish league season and Scottish Cup 2019/20
Play season 2020/21 with no winter break
Jobs a carrot

danhibees1875
03-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Why are people upset with UEFA wanting leagues to finish their seasons? Sporting integrity wise that seems the best decision to me. Financially there's going to be consequences coming in every direction for every possible decision.

Bowing down to the dollar sign would come later when EPL, La Liga, etc ignore their advice and UEFA have to climb down from their position or play their tournaments without their big teams.

Waxy
03-04-2020, 12:08 PM
Agree. Players are having summer break now.It’ll just take a few tweaks and we’re on our way again. Least destructive solution.

G B Young
03-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Once again UEFA are bowing down to the dollar sign as they threaten member nations with banning orders from European competitions if they don't finish their respective domestic league programmes. Why not head over to their facebook page and let them know how you feel about them?
Many dissenting voices on there already, so why not make yours count.

Spot on. A bunch of box-ticking bureaucrats unable to see beyond their own little bubble. Their sense of football's importance at a time like this is massively exaggerated. Why try to shovel on a whole layer of unnecessary complexity when simply calling the season over as it stands would remove that complexity at a stroke? They need to get a grip on reality.

G B Young
03-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Agree. Players are having summer break now.It’ll just take a few tweaks and we’re on our way again. Least destructive solution.

:greengrin Yep we're all enjoying a lovely holiday right enough.

What 'destruction' would be caused by calling the season over as it stands? A couple of years down the line nobody will care a jot.

MrRobot
03-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Finish the league.

We could finish higher and Hearts will most likely get relegated, but have no excuses of the SPL unfairly relegating them before the league was done.

Waxy
03-04-2020, 12:25 PM
:greengrin Yep we're all enjoying a lovely holiday right enough.

What 'destruction' would be caused by calling the season over as it stands? A couple of years down the line nobody will care a jot.

Well you know what i meant.If all clubs agreed to finish in the position they are now then i’d take that. They wont though, well one or two teams wont.

Diclonius
03-04-2020, 12:31 PM
Would it be possible for Nations Governments banning footbal during this crisis. Im thinking at least Italy, Spain, UK, Germany, France.

Where would UEFA stand then?

If the government interferes with football they generally get auto-suspended. Not that it would make a difference now though, mind.

offshorehibby
03-04-2020, 12:31 PM
UEFA should be getting told to get to **** off. UEFA shouldn't be dictating leagues and countries what should be happening and coming up with ultimatums they have no control over. No body knows how things will pan out over the next few months. A lot of countries might still be in lock-down.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Don’t think this plan will work. The leagues around Europe can’t afford it. Scottish clubs apparently furious about the letter.
I think leagues will tell them to bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
03-04-2020, 12:37 PM
I think that having Euro comps next season will be very difficult anyway. Most countries will be out of lockdown but travel between them will be difficult.

Frazerbob
03-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Different countries will be ready to restart playing football at very different times. Weeks, possibly months apart.

Glory Lurker
03-04-2020, 12:39 PM
So, they're saying that if we end the league now as well as Hearts getting relegated neither Rangers or Celtic will get in to Europe?

No brainer, surely!

MWHIBBIES
03-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Good. Seasons should be finished.

Not In The Know
03-04-2020, 12:56 PM
so, they're saying that if we end the league now as well as hearts getting relegated neither rangers or celtic will get in to europe?

No brainer, surely!

result!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-04-2020, 01:00 PM
I don’t think playing behind closed doors is workable given what’s emerged when folks have done so in other instances.

Supporters would be tempted to break the curfew.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2020, 01:00 PM
The majority of leagues are done.

They have been kicking the can further down the road for weeks now. The EPL had set a target of 30th April but that's going to be extended until mid May at the earliest with an increasing likelihood it will be declared an indefinite suspension of football. The whole thing is an excercise in not making a decision because every decision will upset someone.

There comes a point at which the league simply can't be finished. Already the suggestion of abandoning the winter break doesn't buy us enough time. Add another 5-6 weeks minimum on to that and you enter the logistically impossible.

UEFA know the season is over as well. They are buying time.

Jim44
03-04-2020, 01:05 PM
So, they're saying that if we end the league now as well as Hearts getting relegated neither Rangers or Celtic will get in to Europe?

No brainer, surely!

.......... but, unfortunately, the main reason that the SFA will comply, no doubt.

Onion
03-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Different countries will be ready to restart playing football at very different times. Weeks, possibly months apart.

Can't underestimate the chaos this will create. And it will be of UEFA's own making. Some countries have yet to feel the full force of Covid and will likely be battling it as others come through the other end. Will UEFA suspend Euro competitions until the last country is through ? Will they heck.

IMO, this is nothing more than UEFA buying a bit more time until they're forced to call the season ended. We'll not see proper football in the UK until August at the very earliest. The US/UK projections show folk will still be dying in Aug. All other major sporting events have been cancelled up to Aug/Sept and it would be madness for the UK Gov to risk a second outbreak just for a few football games. It won't happen. The season is done.

03-04-2020, 01:46 PM
I'm on board with UEFA pushing for leagues to be finished.

All the Jambos who claim their first choice is to try to finish but if we can't then restructure, will be seething. 😀

Bishop Hibee
03-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Either finish the league with placings as they stand or continue it later. Whatever happens don’t void the season and let those Hearts *******s off the hook

BILLYHIBS
03-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Either finish the league with placings as they stand or continue it later. Whatever happens don’t void the season and let those Hearts *******s off the hook
:agree:

@gdown:

ancient hibee
03-04-2020, 03:09 PM
UEFA are terrified of losing their big broadcasting payout.Thete’s no way football will restart in early summer.Apart from anything else players will be all over the world as many have gone back to their families

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2020, 03:19 PM
UEFA need to extract their heads from their @r$es. There is not a snownalls chance in Hades of sport resuming in their fanciful timescales. Governments will simlly not allow it. The pampered self important pompous muppets at UEFA need emptied and a large dose of realism injected into said @r$es.

calumhibee1
03-04-2020, 03:24 PM
Finish the league.

We could finish higher and Hearts will most likely get relegated, but have no excuses of the SPL unfairly relegating them before the league was done.

I’d prefer Hearts felt unfairly treated. Then they’ll know how 20 years of them cheating and spending way out their means eventually ending up in an administration process felt to every other team in the league.

Glory Lurker
03-04-2020, 05:34 PM
.......... but, unfortunately, the main reason that the SFA will comply, no doubt.

Booooooo! You've gone and spoiled it with that dollop of realism! :-(

gaz1875
03-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Get the league played out as soon as possible, and worry about the following season after. It's not like any other country are going to be playing any earlier, except Belarus that is.

Eyrie
03-04-2020, 06:19 PM
UEFA is desperate to keep this season going because of its cash cow Champions League in much the same way that the EPL is worried about its broadcast deals.

This has nothing to do with finding a sensible solution and everything to do with money.

Caversham Green
04-04-2020, 07:18 AM
UEFA are being incredibly cack-handed about this. They should be assisting their member associations individually to make decisions that suit their specific needs rather than issuing diktats to finish their seasons no matter what. The progress of the virus is at different stages in various nations and each government has issued its own regulations to combat the disease. To issue a single rule to cover all the nations involved is foolish and pointless.

If you take a step back from being a supporter of an individual club you should see that it's very difficult for the SFA/SPFL to make a decision because whatever they do will be unfair on some of their member clubs. This is where UEFA should step in, take a look at our unique circumstances and make a decision for us (one which includes relegating Hearts of course). If UEFA make a ruling the clubs that lose out will just have to suck it up, if the SFA were to make the same ruling they would stand accused of bias.

As it stands Scottish Football is between a rock and a hard place. We can't play the season to a conclusion at this stage and there's a strong possibility we never will but if we close the season now either by voiding or taking positions as they stand we will lose out on valuable European competitions.

We need better leadership from UEFA not the SFA/SPFL.

Ozyhibby
04-04-2020, 07:22 AM
UEFA are being incredibly cack-handed about this. They should be assisting their member associations individually to make decisions that suit their specific needs rather than issuing diktats to finish their seasons no matter what. The progress of the virus is at different stages in various nations and each government has issued its own regulations to combat the disease. To issue a single rule to cover all the nations involved is foolish and pointless.

If you take a step back from being a supporter of an individual club you should see that it's very difficult for the SFA/SPFL to make a decision because whatever they do will be unfair on some of their member clubs. This is where UEFA should step in, take a look at our unique circumstances and make a decision for us (one which includes relegating Hearts of course). If UEFA make a ruling the clubs that lose out will just have to suck it up, if the SFA were to make the same ruling they would stand accused of bias.

As it stands Scottish Football is between a rock and a hard place. We can't play the season to a conclusion at this stage and there's a strong possibility we never will but if we close the season now either by voiding or taking positions as they stand we will lose out on valuable European competitions.

We need better leadership from UEFA not the SFA/SPFL.

I doubt UEFA competitions can go ahead next season anyway. Most of Europe will be getting back to normal but there will be travel restrictions still in place and some countries may still have lockdowns. Getting domestic leagues up and running will be hard enough.

Caversham Green
04-04-2020, 07:25 AM
I doubt UEFA competitions can go ahead next season anyway. Most of Europe will be getting back to normal but there will be travel restrictions still in place and some countries may still have lockdowns. Getting domestic leagues up and running will be hard enough.

You're probably right, but they're acting as though they will. My point is they're making each association's job even more difficult than it already is when they should be doing the exact opposite.

KingPat4
04-04-2020, 08:13 AM
Strikes me that Budge is making a wedge on the side working for UEFA issuing all their statements for them.

Same style of crass, obtuse, intimidating, annoying pish.

southern hibby
04-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Why are people upset with UEFA wanting leagues to finish their seasons? Sporting integrity wise that seems the best decision to me. Financially there's going to be consequences coming in every direction for every possible decision.

Bowing down to the dollar sign would come later when EPL, La Liga, etc ignore their advice and UEFA have to climb down from their position or play their tournaments without their big teams.

I think UEFA want the leagues finished so that they then can get the big countries teams into the competition. Imagine european games with no English Spanish German French etc etc teams in the competition because these countries are still in lock down the advertisement etc would plummet and teams from smaller countries that may allow football to happen ( not saying they would allow it ) wouldn’t get the same tv audiences.

Again I could be totally wrong but that’s my take on it.

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
04-04-2020, 01:27 PM
I think UEFA want the leagues finished so that they then can get the big countries teams into the competition. Imagine european games with no English Spanish German French etc etc teams in the competition because these countries are still in lock down the advertisement etc would plummet and teams from smaller countries that may allow football to happen ( not saying they would allow it ) wouldn’t get the same tv audiences.

Again I could be totally wrong but that’s my take on it.

GGTTH

Over reliance on tv money.
uefa and fifa should be about the development and _sustainability_ of the game. The fell asleep at the latter.