PDA

View Full Version : In 5 years time Hibernian FC is going to be 150 years old.

Antifa Hibs
02-04-2020, 01:28 PM
What's your ideal way of celebrating it in the pre-season?

Gotta be a tour of the Emerald Isle for me. Derry City, St Patrick Athletic, Cork City and Galway City. Think that takes in the 4 provinces although Irish geography ain't my strong point.

Yours?

Centre Hawf
02-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Not sure I'd want a tour but a glamour game would be nice. Something like the big Barcelona type friendlies. The kits would need to have a nod to it and the third kit potentially be a throwback kit (hoops anyone?:greengrin)

02-04-2020, 01:37 PM

Gotta be a tour of the Emerald Isle for me. Derry City, St Patrick Athletic, Cork City and Galway City. Think that takes in the 4 provinces although Irish geography ain't my strong point.

Yours?

This would be class. Would be tempted to do the full tour if this was the plan.

Ozyhibby
02-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Return of the hoops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
02-04-2020, 02:05 PM
All good ideas!

If we're back playing football by then...

winnipeg jets
02-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Sesquicentennial

Pretty Boy
02-04-2020, 04:40 PM
A series of events that allows as many as possible to be a part of it.

A commemorative strip is a given

A dinner for those that can afford it

A few events at the stadium with former players and managers spread at a nominal price to encourage many to attend.

A game. Our first opponent was Hearts, I'm not sure how popular that would be. Maybe one of our famous European opponents from years gone by. The trouble is how keen would they be given the commercial opportunities available to them in Dubai, China, USA etc in pre season now?

Some kind of event at St Patrick's.

There's loads that can be done and I'm sure we have the people in place at the club with the vision to make it a memorable year.

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2020, 04:54 PM

Yours?

Galway United.

.Sean.
02-04-2020, 06:21 PM
I imagine we’ll drop the green with white sleeves for a season and go white top and shorts and green socks

tamig
02-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Wonder if hertz will make it to their’s in four years.

jon paul jones
02-04-2020, 09:31 PM
Hibernian play Hibernians of Malta... Not the biggest game in 2025 but it would make a great scarf

Kato
02-04-2020, 09:39 PM
I remember as a 14 year old ordering and purchasing the 100 years of Hibs book from the newsagents at the shops on Hay Drive in Niddrie Mains and it's annoying me that I can't remember the name of said newsagents*. My Mum gave the copy to Pat Stantons mum and it came back back fully autographed on the endpapers with an additional autograph on the page with the photo of Pat lifting the League Cup.

*Somerville's ??

hibeg
03-04-2020, 04:46 AM
I remember our Centenary game in 1975 was against the English Champions, Derby County.

I reckon in 5 years time it will be either Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough, none of which will be Premier League Champs :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
03-04-2020, 05:58 AM
Just off the top of ma heid, I wouldn't mind a game against hertz at Murrayfield, 10 quid for all tickets. Fly over, skydivers, bagpipes, the works.