PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WHAT HIBS MEANS TO ME | MICHAEL WEIR

RSS Bot
02-04-2020, 08:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10608)

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2020, 08:26 AM
He’s here He’s there He’s every f##king where.....

Deansy
02-04-2020, 08:43 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10608)

'He’s here, he’s there, he’s everywhere, it’s Mickey Weir'

That wouldn't sing right- not without the f****** F-word !

Still, never a truer song was sung - he DID have the knack of being everywhere !. A genuine Hibee who always played his heart out for us !

Mick O'Rourke
02-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Lovely laddie is Michael
Shared a love for greyhounds with my brother Billy.
Billy used to sometimes look after and walk the dogs at the kennels .
The dogs didnae mess wae Billy !!

I usd to drink and play doms/cards with Michael's dad and brother in the Doocot games room. back in the 70s and later.
Then in later years ,The Clerry Inn and Centurian when they moved to Clermiston.
Lovely people

Jamesie
02-04-2020, 11:24 AM
What's Mickey up to these days?

weecounty hibby
02-04-2020, 11:46 AM
I remember being heartbroken when he left to go to Luton. I think it coincided with a 0-4 defeat to Dundee at ER as well

gbhibby
02-04-2020, 12:00 PM
I lived in next street in clery and my house backed onto his. He would be out in his back garden till late practicing his skills. My dad refereed a game he was playing and told me he was outstanding and would play pro one day.
I think mcglashan in the TV programme absolutely nominated him as the man of the week and sang his song on the programme.

Fergos
02-04-2020, 03:07 PM
My second hero after Ally Macleod.

Great player, skillfull, tricky, could see a pass and score, major influence when we won the league cup.

GGTTH

CloudSquall
02-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Can't forget his phenomenal self-foul vs Dunfermline at Hampden :greengrin

CraigHibee
02-04-2020, 03:24 PM

he does an article for the evening news, not sure what he does outwith that

cracking player for us who always gave 100%

Power
02-04-2020, 03:36 PM

Top guy, one of the best speakers to listen too.

Mickey is currently an Ambassador around the country for Show Racism the Red Card initiative.

lyonhibs
02-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Absolute childhood hero, a fully committed player with no little skill to boot.

They say never meet your heroes but he attended a LHSC burns night do in 2011 that I was at and a nicer man you could not wish to meet. I was totally starstruck - bit pathetic really :greengrin

G B Young
02-04-2020, 10:24 PM
He was a wee ray of sunshine when he appeared on the scene during some very grey days for Hibs. I remember a home game against Dumbarton when we were battling the drop (same season as the McBride double at Tynie on another thread) when he really ran the show. We won 3-1 and even though there were some rocky moments to come you just sensed we wouldn't go down. One of those players who the fans instinctively warm to and makes you feel you're all in it together.

erin go bragh
03-04-2020, 01:49 PM
I remember being heartbroken when he left to go to Luton. I think it coincided with a 0-4 defeat to Dundee at ER as well
0-4 at ht . Mickey was a brilliant player . I remember an away game at Morton, they had just scored and Mickey took the ball from our restart ,skinned half their team and scored . Finished 3-3 .

Stantons Angel
04-04-2020, 10:55 PM
I just love this guy!

He's my wee hero and a nicer guy you could never meet.

I was really upset when he left us but knew he would be back as the pull

of that jersey over his head again was too much.

Listening to him talk you can sense how much he loves Hibs and just what the club means to him.

A really lovely guy and what a player he was too!

He's here he's there he's everywhere..... Mickey Weir!

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-04-2020, 11:53 PM
Can't forget his phenomenal self-foul vs Dunfermline at Hampden :greengrin

It was a clear foul and everybody involved with Hibs that day, players, coaches and fans all insist it was a foul. 😉