PDA

View Full Version : BBC Old Highlights

Greenbeard
01-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.

Deansy
01-04-2020, 03:51 PM
No great surprise, the BBC is very much the 'Establishment's national media-tool !. Think it's still to mention the muppets leaked e-mail ??

Sammy7nil
01-04-2020, 03:52 PM
TBF a lot of clubs have had their best days against us :greengrin:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
01-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Totally :agree:

Up next, best 100m, Ben Johnson in Seoul followed by best cycling, Lance's 7th tour. :rolleyes:

snedzuk
01-04-2020, 04:53 PM
watch that sunshine on hibs vid on the other thread - makes it seem like we've won every derby, ever.

Newhaven
01-04-2020, 06:20 PM
Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.

Disgraceful. Bbc jambo at it again.

Greenbeard
02-04-2020, 07:15 AM
And now today there is a link to the Hamilton play-off highlights within their Today's Gossip column. Two barrels. What the f.....

Gloucester Hibs
02-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Seen a recent Tom English article covering “Neil Lennon’s 10 years in management” where Hibs didn’t get a single mention! 😳

SideBurns
02-04-2020, 07:46 AM
The BBC could surely delve a little further back into their archives? Just plucking a season at random, but I hear there was quite an exciting end to 1985-86, for instance.

weecounty hibby
02-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Seen a recent Tom English article covering “Neil Lennon’s 10 years in management” where Hibs didn’t get a single mention! 😳
Yeah, I was pretty pissed off with that as well. He has been a manager for 10 years and 2 of them with Hibs but English didn't think that merited a mention. He is a blustering arse who is like the pub bore who talks loudly so that it makes him sound line he knows everything. I'm a huge rugby fan as well and he talks as much ***** about rugby as he does about football

Greenbeard
02-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed off with that as well. He has been a manager for 10 years and 2 of them with Hibs but English didn't think that merited a mention. He is a blustering arse who is like the pub bore who talks loudly so that it makes him sound line he knows everything. I'm a huge rugby fan as well and he talks as much ***** about rugby as he does about football
:top marks

DavieRoy
02-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Apparently one of the top TV guys at BBC Scotland Sport is a Hearts fan. He commissioned that Terrace rubbish that has load of Hearts fans on it. David somebody is his name. Hearts galore on that channel.

JimBHibees
02-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Apparently one of the top TV guys at BBC Scotland Sport is a Hearts fan. He commissioned that Terrace rubbish that has load of Hearts fans on it. David somebody is his name. Hearts galore on that channel.

Certainly explains a lot of things including sportsound which again seems less than impartial towards them.

Crazyhorse
02-04-2020, 09:24 AM

Spot on. In particular it’s obvious he know SFA about rugby. Spouts cliches and bull**** about the Scotland team. Still being Irish myself the silver lining for me is I don’t have to listen to his clueless nonsense about the Ireland team :)
His sucking up to Budge and the yams is pathetic but overall his anti journalism fits right in at the BBC unfortunately - whose recent treatment of Michael Stewart sums them up perfectly.

Biggie
02-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Just watched the 2012 final again, jesus that was grim viewing.
At least 2 deflected goals, and a pen that the initial contact was outside the box.
Clutching at straws I know, but it should never have been such a thumping.

Cat Stanton
02-04-2020, 10:11 AM
At least 2 deflected goals, and a pen that the initial contact was outside the box.

I know these are weird, difficult, times but... why would you???!!??

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2020, 10:15 AM
:agree:

Erased from my memory bank

Sir David Gray
02-04-2020, 10:28 AM

I've never intentionally watched any footage from that game since leaving the stadium.

Biggie
02-04-2020, 10:51 AM

I know...day9 of isolation and you do silly things...

houstonhibbee
02-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Getting a goal back just before half time gave us some hope but the penalty and sending off one minute into the second half killed the game and we just couldn’t find a way back from there
second half was painful and referee completely ruined it as we all know

Gloucester Hibs
02-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Yep. For a quarter of those 10 years he was Hibs manager with loads of memorable moments and talking points - good and bad. English seems to hold a grudge against us for some reason.

G B Young
04-04-2020, 02:21 PM
You're not wrong about the bias of whoever's in charge of this. The latest 'from the archives' is Bogdan being beaten by a shot from inside the opposition half.

Have Hibs actually featured positively in any of these clips or highlights since BBC Scotland starting putting them up?

Eyrie
04-04-2020, 06:06 PM
You're not wrong about the bias of whoever's in charge of this. The latest 'from the archives' is Bogdan being beaten by a shot from inside the opposition half.

Have Hibs actually featured positively in any of these clips or highlights since BBC Scotland starting putting them up?

I've seen one goal for us, and that's it.

wallpaperman
04-04-2020, 11:07 PM
I've never intentionally watched any footage from that game since leaving the stadium.

I was on holiday in the States and was gutted to be missing the final in the build up.

To this day I have never seen a second of any footage, and can’t see that changing ever.

So in my world, it never actually happened. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-04-2020, 07:02 AM
I was on holiday in the States and was gutted to be missing the final in the build up.

To this day I have never seen a second of any footage, and can’t see that changing ever.

So in my world, it never actually happened. :greengrin

Ignorance is bliss, trust me.

number9dream
05-04-2020, 08:30 AM

Sir David's header did feature quite early on in this shutdown (see link below)... But I think that's it. They're all a bit random, not 'on this day' or anything. Just plucking bits and bobs from their library and it's mostly recent stuff, which is probably easier to access.

They'll be trying to find a team by team balance - it just so happens the Aberdeen, Hamilton and St Mirren goals are all against us!

As for kicking off the cup "classics" with 2012, well that's just plain wrong on so many levels. Very suspect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51994860

Keith_M
05-04-2020, 09:04 AM
I think you're being very unfair about the level of Hearts content.

They're rapidly going down the pan, like a big Craig Levein, so surely they're allowed some comfort.

Sammy7nil
05-04-2020, 10:13 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFeYSJVaYxk

Hibs v Madrid, Barcelona, B Munich and more :aok:

BILLYHIBS
17-04-2020, 01:46 PM
Another Old Firm classic from 98 on Sportscene tonight

I think I will pass

CMurdoch
17-04-2020, 04:39 PM

Very impressive.
The game doesn't upset me but I leave it well alone.
The mere mention of Kujabi is enough to set me off though.
He is my go to blame guy.

Phil MaGlass
19-04-2020, 08:06 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFeYSJVaYxk

Hibs v Madrid, Barcelona, B Munich and more :aok:

Good quality footage there.

Onion
19-04-2020, 11:29 AM
A string of classic games being shown on Sky / Now TV today incl a few Edin Derbies.

Just showed the 2-2 1998 NY Derby which saved Jim Duffy. Hibs with no wins in 15 and got their 3rd away point of the season. How he kept his job ....

EI255
19-04-2020, 11:46 AM
Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.Noticed that too. No thanks to any of those games. Either a Jumbo or a Hun.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
19-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Another Old Firm classic from 98 on Sportscene tonight

I think I will pass

I have not been watching them but in fairness there have been a few belters of games. My most vivid memory is a game in the nineties where Gary Stevens is defending and doing the full back thing and knocking it into touch to allow his teammates to regroup. Instead of just tapping it out he belts it into the the stand from about ten yards out, straight into Celtic fans. Couldn’t be more deliberate if he tried. They jump up and swarm forward, and you can literally see Stevens looking panicky.

They are both horrible teams for different reasons but their face-offs do provide good theatre from time to time.

Keith_M
19-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Just found fantastic extended footage (in colour this time) from the 7-0 win in 1973.

LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppM_MbCh4cA)

BILLYHIBS
19-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Just found fantastic extended footage (in colour this time) from the 7-0 win in 1973.

Quality

Pretty sure that was the one used at The Kings birthday bash

Everyone cheered every goal as if it had just happened :greengrin

ben johnson
19-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Very impressive.
The game doesn't upset me but I leave it well alone.
The mere mention of Kujabi is enough to set me off though.
He is my go to blame guy.

Just been working with a Jambo who I’ve just met
Banging on about the slaughter and how it should have been 10
I was screaming for ten he said
I agree I said it should have been 10. Black should have walked

JohnM1875
19-04-2020, 05:18 PM

Hearts sponsored by Queen Anne even back then going by the boards behind the Hearts goal first half 😂

Keith_M
19-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Hearts sponsored by Queen Anne even back then going by the boards behind the Hearts goal first half 😂

I noticed that as well.

:greengrin

Joe6-2
19-04-2020, 05:44 PM

Brilliant!
If it wasn’t for that beautiful green strip you wouldn’t know it was in colour!!

delbert
19-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Brilliant!
If it wasn’t for that beautiful green strip you wouldn’t know it was in colour!!

The way Stanton took the game by the scruff of the neck, particularly in the first half, was just majestic, every time things broke down in midfield, he was there to pick it up and start something and then, when the game was meandering in the second half, it’s his injection of pace by picking up the loose ball in midfield and driving on for the sixth, what a leader the man was !

Cat Stanton
27-04-2020, 05:56 PM

Another goal vs. Hibs up there now, I see.

I'm not the paranoid type, but as anyone kept a tally?

stantonhibby
27-04-2020, 07:04 PM

They also had the late Willo Flood goal for Aberdeen on last week

whiskyhibby
27-04-2020, 07:12 PM

Same here, I stayed to the end and hope never to see that again.....

CMurdoch
27-04-2020, 07:47 PM
They also had the late Willo Flood goal for Aberdeen on last week

RIP Willo

HibbyAndy
27-04-2020, 07:49 PM
RIP Willo

:tee hee::tee hee:

stantonhibby
27-04-2020, 07:58 PM
RIP Willo

Haha.....it does read like that right enough!

Greenbeard
28-04-2020, 09:14 AM

Beyond a joke now. Someone there is taking the p155 big time.

Kato
28-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Beyond a joke now. Someone there is taking the p155 big time.But there are posters on here who claim no one at the BBC is biased against Hibs. Aye, right. Its palpable, you can sense it, you can smell it and now its content is displaying it.

Even if it's just one guy in a position of editorial power it reeks of being pathetic.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Eyrie
28-04-2020, 09:48 AM
The Hamilton goal was a good goal.

But there are far more average goals against us than for us of any quality.

stantonhibby
28-04-2020, 10:36 AM
Beyond a joke now. Someone there is taking the p155 big time.

Highlights of the 6-6 game is next up on Sun!

SideBurns
28-04-2020, 11:56 AM

I suppose you could just watch it up to 6-2 then turn it over...

But I think I'll give it a miss altogether!!

Billy Whizz
28-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Think it’s the full game

stantonhibby
28-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Think it’s the full game

Oh joy!

Newhaven
28-04-2020, 03:58 PM
But there are posters on here who claim no one at the BBC is biased against Hibs. Aye, right. Its palpable, you can sense it, you can smell it and now its content is displaying it.

Even it's just one guy in a position of editorial power it reeks of being pathetic.

The BBC are ramming it up us just now. Hamilton goal and the 6-6 game. Total **** take

JimBHibees
28-04-2020, 08:44 PM
But there are posters on here who claim no one at the BBC is biased against Hibs. Aye, right. Its palpable, you can sense it, you can smell it and now its content is displaying it.

Even if it's just one guy in a position of editorial power it reeks of being pathetic.

Obviously a bitter yam. How professional.

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2020, 08:51 PM

There are people on here (apparently) convinced Craig Thomson wasn’t a cheat either.

Spike Mandela
15-05-2020, 08:14 PM
Sportscene:The Alex Ferguson years was on today. A decent watch.

dalkeith stu
15-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Sportscene:The Alex Ferguson years was on today. A decent watch.

Recon the ref in the Aberdeen Celtic game was a H*n!!

Spike Mandela
15-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Recon the ref in the Aberdeen Celtic game was a H*n!!

Shock, horror🤣🤣. Walter Kidd had an eventful cip final in 86 as well 😳

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2020, 12:02 PM
World Cup 1974

Scotland 0 v 0 Brazil

The BBC Scotland Channel 7.15pm tonight

ancient hibee
17-05-2020, 12:34 PM
World Cup 1974

Scotland 0 v 0 Brazil

A real “if only” game.Have never seen extended highlights since watching it live. Have a memory of Davy Hay having a great game and thundering in shots.Be interested to see if that’s in any way accurate:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2020, 12:36 PM
A real “if only” game.Have never seen extended highlights since watching it live. Have a memory of Davy Hay having a great game and thundering in shots.Be interested to see if that’s in any way accurate:greengrin

Got it it on record

Maybe Billy Bremner will stick it away from six inches this time ? :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-05-2020, 12:40 PM

Got it it on record

Maybe Billy Bremner will stick it away from six inches this time ? :greengrin

Well he’s had enough attempts:greengrin.It’s about the only bit they’ve ever shown.

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Well he’s had enough attempts:greengrin.It’s about the only bit they’ve ever shown.

Keep expecting to see Sir William Wallace getting rescued at the end of Braveheart anaw! :confused:

mim
17-05-2020, 01:05 PM
I was behind the goal that Bremner nearly scored in.
It was excruciating, although no blame attached.
The ball came at him so fast off the keeper that he just couldn't adjust.

Greenbeard
17-05-2020, 01:33 PM
World Cup 1974

Scotland 0 v 0 Brazil

Next door neighbour was there and brought me back a match programme. Buried somewhere in the house.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2020, 01:49 PM
World Cup 1974

Scotland 0 v 0 Brazil

I've just seen the advert for this and noticed the Scotland players seemed to have what I can only describe as kilt flashes in their socks with their number on them. Was this a common thing or a one off for the world cup?

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2020, 01:53 PM
I've just seen the advert for this and noticed the Scotland players seemed to have what I can only describe as kilt flashes in their socks with their number on them. Was this a common thing or a one off for the world cup?

Dunno but I remember Leeds Utd had number flashes on their socks

Pretty sure they also changed the club badge on their strips to a smiley face badge

Looking forward to it and the piledrivers from Davey Hay

CentreLine
17-05-2020, 03:47 PM
World Cup 1974

Scotland 0 v 0 Brazil

Was there with BanchoryHibs. One of so many great football memories from that era. We had soooooo many great players back then.

Ringothedog
17-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Was there with BanchoryHibs. One of so many great football memories from that era. We had soooooo many great players back then.

How enjoyable is this game? Fantastic entertainment

DaveF
17-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Subs handing paperwork to the ref when they come on. I never knew that happened.

Great game to watch.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-05-2020, 07:26 PM
They were a right cynical, dirty bunch.

angus hibby
17-05-2020, 07:30 PM
I was born in 74 so have only ever seen Bremners miss from this game. Watching it now and I know the game was more physical back then, but Brazilians very cynical. Such a difference from their 1982 team.

Sandy Jardine likes a lunging tackle. Bremner having a great game.

DaveF
17-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Who did the no20 Morgan play for? Jeez Jordan with a free header!

stantonhibby
17-05-2020, 07:35 PM
I was born in 74 so have only ever seen Bremners miss from this game. Watching it now and I know the game was more physical back then, but Brazilians very cynical. Such a difference from their 1982 team.

Sandy Jardine likes a lunging tackle. Bremner having a great game.

Brazil morphed from their brilliant team in the 1970 tournament to a right dirty bunch in 74

stantonhibby
17-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Who did the no20 Morgan play for? Jeez Jordan with a free header!

Man Utd

Gloucester Hibs
17-05-2020, 07:44 PM
My Dad was at this. We should’ve won it, dominated the Brazilians for large parts of the match. Eliminated without losing a game! 😞

stantonhibby
17-05-2020, 07:46 PM
My Dad was at this. We should’ve won it, dominated the Brazilians for large parts of the match. Eliminated without losing a game! 😞

Yep.....only scoring 2 against Zaire did for us. Think Yugoslavia put 8 or 9 past them

angus hibby
17-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Brazil morphed from their brilliant team in the 1970 tournament to a right dirty bunch in 74

Right enough, wasn’t thinking about how much their 1970 team is lauded. The number 2 (Pereira?) and Rivelinho particularly dirty.

Impressed with how Scotland played.

CMurdoch
17-05-2020, 09:36 PM
Haven't seen that game since watching it in 74' as a 14 year old.

Nae wonder there were nae goals. The wall at free kicks was at most 8 yards away but more importantly any player from either side who looked like he was about to do something good was brutally kicked, dragged or body checked to the ground. Result, a measly 2 yellow cards to Brazil.

BILLYHIBS
18-05-2020, 09:26 AM
The look of disappointment on the Scotland players’ faces when they played the National Anthem :greengrin

weecounty hibby
18-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Yep.....only scoring 2 against Zaire did for us. Think Yugoslavia put 8 or 9 past them

Zaire coach was Yugoslavian if I remember correctly. Scotland had great teams, genuine world class players and we should have done so much better in 74, 78 and 82 especially but also in 86 and 90.

CropleyWasGod
18-05-2020, 09:42 AM

The Zairean keeper throwing one in against Brazil did for us too. Had he not done that, we would have gone through.

Greenbeard
18-05-2020, 09:47 AM
Zaire coach was Yugoslavian if I remember correctly. Scotland had great teams, genuine world class players and we should have done so much better in 74, 78 and 82 especially but also in 86 and 90.
Aye plenty conspiracy theories. Zaire goalkeeping was abysmal in that defeat to Yugoslavia. Not helped by the replacement goalie for the 2nd half being 5 foot 4.
Great defence of the free kick v Brazil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOlvhYdpD0E

ancient hibee
18-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Playing Zaire first was a huge disadvantage.It was their cup final and they packed it in after that.

BILLYHIBS
18-05-2020, 10:03 AM
The full backs on each post at corners I wonder how many goals conceded we would have saved over the years?

CMurdoch
18-05-2020, 06:15 PM
The look of disappointment on the faces of the Scotland players’ faces when they play the National Anthem :greengrin

I was quite shocked as well. Was expecting Scotland The Brave.
Come to think of it i'm still expecting Scotland The Brave but end up with Dirge Of Scotland.

BILLYHIBS
18-05-2020, 06:17 PM
I was quite shocked as well. Was expecting Scotland The Brave.
Come to think of it i'm still expecting Scotland The Brave but end up with Dirge Of Scotland.

Fair dos Sandy Jardine had a wee chuckle to himself :greengrin

Greenbeard
18-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Just watched and relived the oh so near feeling.
Bremner superb. So was Buchan. Harvey in goal too, taking time out from playing lead guitar for Slade.
Wish Jinky had come on for Morgan for the last 20.
These days that sort of "robust" match would have ended up 8 against 9 with about 6 others on yellow.

CMurdoch
18-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Just watched and relived the oh so near feeling.
Bremner superb. So was Buchan. Harvey in goal too, taking time out from playing lead guitar for Slade.
Wish Jinky had come on for Morgan for the last 20.
These days that sort of "robust" match would have ended up 8 against 9 with about 6 others on yellow.

The soundtrack to the match would have been Carl Douglas "Kung Fu Fighting"
Just ruined the game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2020, 11:11 PM

Just finished watching it, some shocking challenges on both sides (more so by Brazil).

Spike Mandela
19-05-2020, 12:48 AM
Just finished watching it, some shocking challenges on both sides (more so by Brazil).

Scotland had a big penalty shout for handball in the first half didn’t they?😳

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-05-2020, 12:51 AM
Scotland had a big penalty shout for handball in the first half didn’t they?😳

Aye, judging by the reaction of the players anyway! Never showed a replay and I never wound it back for a second look (drink might be clouding my memory)!

Spike Mandela
19-05-2020, 12:59 AM
Aye, judging by the reaction of the players anyway! Never showed a replay and I never wound it back for a second look (drink might be clouding my memory)!

I did rewind it😂 Definite pen, certainly by today’s standards anyway..

Greenbeard
19-05-2020, 09:04 AM
I did rewind it😂 Definite pen, certainly by today’s standards anyway..
Agree. Dutch ref was shocking, probs more so against us but to be fair we got away with a few robust challenges which could have been called back. But by the same token there were some fouls given that never should have been. It was like he was just trying to balance things out. Some you give, some you don't.
https://worldreferee.com/referee/arie_van_gemert/
That was his only match at that WC. Presume he got a poor rating. And it looks like he retired afterwards. A nice retirement present for him. Ref'd us away v Sporting Lisbon in the Cup Winners Cup 1972. Any recollections anyone?

BILLYHIBS
19-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Agree. Dutch ref was shocking, probs more so against us but to be fair we got away with a few robust challenges which could have been called back. But by the same token there were some fouls given that never should have been. It was like he was just trying to balance things out. Some you give, some you don't.
That was his only match at that WC. Presume he got a poor rating. And it looks like he retired afterwards. A nice retirement present for him. Ref'd us away v Sporting Lisbon in the Cup Winners Cup 1972. Any recollections anyone?

Story goes that Eddie Turnbull was giving his prematch team talk arms waving about just then a Sporting Lisbon official enters the HIBS Dressing Room with a tray of Rolex watches Eddie Turnbull turns around and accidentally knocks the tray up into the air Johnny Hamilton sitting there patiently listening to Eddie Turnbull calmly says “Look Boss time flies!”

BILLYHIBS
19-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Seriously Pat Stanton said that 1-2 defeat was probably one of HIBS’ best ever performances in Europe and set us up nicely for the return leg

Pretty sure HIBS chartered a plane with supporters on board to make up the numbers

EI255
19-05-2020, 11:57 AM
Must be a Jambo in charge of posting these on BBC Scotland Sport page? Currently got the 2012 Cup Final, GMS hat-trick for the Sheep v us, and now the Hamilton play off which sent us down. FFS BBC. Neutral my erse.The jambo has decided to put details of their 2012 Cup win on BBC website today. How boring.

Eyrie
19-05-2020, 06:48 PM
The jambo has decided to put details of their 2012 Cup win on BBC website today. How boring.

Probably the game that a neutral would pick to represent this date. What is more bizarre is when you look at the headlines for the individual clubs. Our headline is that story about that game whilst the Hearts lead story is the Obika goal that expelled them! We're not the only ones being trolled.

As an aside, why are Hearts still on the Premiership page and not Dundee United?

weecounty hibby
21-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Just having a look now on the BBC sport pages and no mention of Hibs winning the cup 4 years ago today. 2 stories about the tarts cup wins, 1 about St Johnstone winning it. Celtic losing to Porto, Huns losing to Zenit but not a peep about Sir David Gray day. Joke of an organisation

seanshow
21-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Just having a look now on the BBC sport pages and no mention of Hibs winning the cup 4 years ago today. 2 stories about the tarts cup wins, 1 about St Johnstone winning it. Celtic losing to Porto, Huns losing to Zenit but not a peep about Sir David Gray day. Joke of an organisation

"Choosing a game To highlight for the 21st May"

Option 1

For the first time a team makes both cup finals while playing in the lower leagues and wins the Scottish Cup after 114 years.

Option 2

Although remember there was that tasty reserve game at an overcast glebe park.

... yeah let's go option 2 :flag:

chasitup
21-05-2020, 12:43 PM
Can’t argue with that, 114 years in the making and we get Celtic v effing Porto when they lost.

ian omand
21-05-2020, 02:13 PM

No unfortunately they are not a joke of an organisation.
This is quite deliberate scheduling and shows the lengths
The people who control the sport section will stoop to
To refuse our club a wee bit of glory.
Sad really.

green day
21-05-2020, 02:24 PM
No unfortunately they are not a joke of an organisation.
This is quite deliberate scheduling and shows the lengths
The people who control the sport section will stoop to
To refuse our club a wee bit of glory.
Sad really.

It's obviously a hearts fan in charge of this stuff. Let them have their wee pathetic giggle. They are still relegated.

Eyrie
21-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Can’t argue with that, 114 years in the making and we get Celtic v effing Porto when they lost.

Bang out of order.

I defended their choice on Tuesday as the obvious one, but here they've scraped the bottom of the barrel to avoid the only realistic choice.

Just wait for them to pick the relegation playoff with Hamilton.

The Pointer
21-05-2020, 07:28 PM
I was at the game and 'the miss' was as excruciating in real life as it was on telly. The Brazilian team were probably the worst they've ever fielded and a right dirty bunch of cheats, unlike their fans who were amazing.

I bumped into my brother before the game (remember, no mobiles) and he'd been in a pagger a couple of days before and was covered in cuts and bruises, but this was in the bad old days before we realised it was nice to be nice.

I still have my programme which I got autographed by Rod Stewart (complete with greasy burger pawprint) and Junior Campbell at the Zaire game.

DaveF
22-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Scotland v Netherlands 1978 on now

Greenbeard
24-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Scotland v Netherlands 1978 on now
What a game! Esp on the back of the absolute Tom Kite in the first two games. Some folk say the Dutch took it easy but when you watch it again we just outplayed them with some superb stuff. Is that the best ever Scotland performance? Loved the speed of play. Every free kick, shy etc taken quickly. No farting about. We could have been
4-0 up at half-time instead of 1-1! Jordan's header crashing off the bar, the offside goal which would very likely stand today (the two in the middle were well onside when the cross was hit but I think an out-of-shot Tom Forsyth on the far side might have been the player flagged, however he was not interfering with play), the Dalglish "goal" when he was deemed to have fouled the defender. That was as much a 50/50 call as the dubious penalty they got. If only both of these decisions had gone the other way. 4-0 Scotland at H-T!!

green day
24-05-2020, 05:48 PM
Bang out of order.

I defended their choice on Tuesday as the obvious one, but here they've scraped the bottom of the barrel to avoid the only realistic choice.

Just wait for them to pick the relegation playoff with Hamilton.

Not highlights, but that is featured as one of the top stories today..............