PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls from Hibs players to Seniors

Seveno
30-03-2020, 10:59 AM
As a Senior ST holder, I have just received a phone call from Daryl Horgan 'checking up on how I was doing'. What a nice guy he was and spent 20 minutes chatting. He was really easy to talk to and spoke quite openly about things.

It gave me quite a boost and I feel like a wee boy that got his first autograph from a footballer.

Thank you, Daryl, and thanks to Hibs.

DaveF
30-03-2020, 11:02 AM
That's a brilliant thing to do. Did you ask him about tracking back? It is allowed 😁

Sir David Gray
30-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Brilliant engagement from the club.

H18 SFR
30-03-2020, 11:05 AM
I’d love to listen to the call you had, better than any podcast I’d bet.

Seveno
30-03-2020, 11:07 AM
That's a brilliant thing to do. Did you ask him about tracking back? It is allowed 😁

As I am not the self styled 'resident moaning git', I told him how much I enjoyed his goal at Tynecastle.

CapitalGreen
30-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Great to hear.

I’m away to change my age on the Hibs database in the hope I get a wee call later on 😂

Brightside
30-03-2020, 11:33 AM
I hope you told him to knock the fags on the head.

Stuart93
30-03-2020, 11:36 AM
I hope you told him to knock the fags on the head.

A bit harsh on the rest of the squad. Not too sure you’re allowed to refer to them by that adjective these days either 😉

Vault Boy
30-03-2020, 12:03 PM
This is great to hear, wonderful engagement from the club. Daryl is a good guy by all accounts.

Seveno
30-03-2020, 12:05 PM
It would be really good if more people took the opportunity of this thread to congratulate the Club on this initiative rather than as a forum for what the consider to be humour.

I got a real lift from the call and some people have taken the shine off it for me.

FranckSuzy
30-03-2020, 12:17 PM
It would be really good if more people took the opportunity of this thread to congratulate the Club on this initiative rather than as a forum for what the consider to be humour.

I got a real lift from the call and some people have taken the shine off it for me.

I got one last week and I know what you mean :thumbsup:

I think folk are either jealous or bored that are making jokes, TBH :wink:

hibee_girl
30-03-2020, 12:19 PM
My Grandad got a phone call from Sean McPartlin this morning.

We saw Sean during the last .net visit to HTC and were really impressed with him so my Grandad was pretty happy to get a phone call 👍🏻

Pretty Boy
30-03-2020, 12:23 PM
It's a great thing for the club to be doing. I'm sure it's good for the players as well. A classic win win situation.

The Harp
30-03-2020, 12:37 PM

Don't think anyone meant anything by injecting a bit of humour to the thread, so I'm sorry if it has affected the feel good factor for you.
I'm looking forward to getting a call from a member of the squad, it's another fine initiative by the club.
Thanks for starting the thread to let us know about it.

ACLeith
30-03-2020, 12:37 PM
I got a call from Colin Miller. Towards the end he “apologised” for it not being from a player, he thought of pretending he was Paul McGinn!

It was the fact that the Club have taken on this initiative that matters of course, weareallhibs in action
😀 👍 👏

Bostonhibby
30-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Great stuff from the club, impressed

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

mim
30-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Just had a call from a very pleasant young lady, Alex, who is a physio with the club, normally based at HTC looking after the youngsters and development players.

Nice chat. Great initiative. Well done Hibs. :not worth

Northernhibee
30-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Really good to see that we're looking out for each other.

matty_f
30-03-2020, 03:31 PM
That’s brilliant!

heretoday
30-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Is Kamberi officially a Hibs player? Knowing my luck I'll get him.
Mind you I've a few things to say to him. Oh yes.

Man Down Under
30-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Class that they are doing this, makes you wonder why clubs don't to this sort of thing more often, so simple but makes a huge impact for the fans.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
30-03-2020, 04:09 PM

It's always been his dream to work in a call centre, apparently.

Fergos
30-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Great stuff from the club here.

GGTTH

Chorley Hibee
30-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Just had a call from Marc McNulty asking how my daughter was (Ailish was born 16 weeks early and is still on 24 hour oxygen support for Chronic Lung Disease) and had a good chat for 15 minutes or so.

Quite touched.

1 8 7 5
30-03-2020, 04:50 PM
As a Senior ST holder, I have just received a phone call from Daryl Horgan 'checking up on how I was doing'. What a nice guy he was and spent 20 minutes chatting. He was really easy to talk to and spoke quite openly about things.

It gave me quite a boost and I feel like a wee boy that got his first autograph from a footballer.

Thank you, Daryl, and thanks to Hibs.

Wonderful post Seveno and thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
30-03-2020, 04:52 PM
It’s brilliant to hear the club are doing this, and it’s clearly making a difference to brighten up the day of people getting the calls.

We are - as they say - all Hibs :aok:

JimBHibees
30-03-2020, 04:56 PM

:faf:

linlithgowhibbie
30-03-2020, 05:09 PM
One of my pals was called by Adam Bogdan. Hope I get a call too:thumbsup:

Eaststand
30-03-2020, 05:18 PM
It’s brilliant to hear the club are doing this, and it’s clearly making a difference to brighten up the day of people getting the calls.

We are - as they say - all Hibs :aok:

This sounds like a very well received initiative by our club, well done to all involved.

Im guessing it'll be over 65s that get these calls ?

GGTTH

cullen
30-03-2020, 05:36 PM
This sounds like a very well received initiative by our club, well done to all involved.

Im guessing it'll be over 65s that get these calls ?

GGTTH

I was 77 last week. Still hoping for a call.

AltheHibby
30-03-2020, 06:26 PM
Well done to all at Hibs. What a fantastic idea.:top marks

phibber
31-03-2020, 12:05 PM
First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.

cullen
31-03-2020, 12:08 PM
[QUJealous
OTE=phibber;6131516]First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.[/QUOTE]

cullen
31-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Jealous. My Hero

Peevemor
31-03-2020, 12:16 PM
First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.

Brilliant first post. Thanks for taking the time. :aok:

coco mc
31-03-2020, 12:17 PM
One of my pals was called by Adam Bogdan. Hope I get a call too:thumbsup:
What’s even nicer about that is Adam is back in Hungary but still doing this ...well done hibs

CMurdoch
31-03-2020, 12:20 PM
This is a really good initiative.
Will give a lot of older folk a big boost.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2020, 12:29 PM
What number are they phoning from? I've just received a missed call from an Edinburgh number and wondering if it was Hibs.

I'll be gutted if I've missed a call from my namesake.

Lewiehas2
31-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Just had a call from Marc McNulty asking how my daughter was (Ailish was born 16 weeks early and is still on 24 hour oxygen support for Chronic Lung Disease) and had a good chat for 15 minutes or so.

Quite touched.

That's fantastic. Hope Ailish is doing alright bud, will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Leithwalk
31-03-2020, 01:10 PM
I got a call from Greg Docherty, really great gesture, seemed like a really nice guy. Hope to see him in the green and white again, but sadly I wouldn't bet on it

speedy_gonzales
31-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Great initiative from Hibs but sympathise with the caller if my dad was fortunate to receive a call
Firstly, my dad has moderate dementia (so unless the player is Joe Baker he'll have no idea who's on the line) and secondly, my dad could quite happily talk to a stranger for hours so they better be on a landline as the mobile would go flat before my dad finished grumbling about the '79 cup final.

Eric
31-03-2020, 02:41 PM

Pleased to say I also received a call from Lewis. We had a superb 15 minute chat during which he mentioned that he was given the names and contact details of 4 supporters. That being so it is reasonable to assume that about 100 have been contacted.

A superb initiative from Hibs which made me so delighted to be included.

Vault Boy
31-03-2020, 03:03 PM

That's outstanding. What a bloody man.

Alfred E Newman
01-04-2020, 06:27 AM
Had a nice chat with Grant Murray yesterday. It's a great gesture from the club and much appreciated.

drumatic44
01-04-2020, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=cullen;6131051]I was 77 last week. Still hoping for a call.[/QUOTE I got a call yesterday, from the stadium manager , nice guy can't remember his name, but it was really good to get the inside chat about the staff situation, basically seems to be manageable, apart from the casual staff on game day.
I also had a word about season the ticket situation, basically I sit in middle of the East, in line with the half way. It seems that due to rebranding that my seat is now platinum, and comes with a price hike. Not averse to an increase as such, but the hike seems excessive.
Any one else , have issues with this ??.

Ardenttwo
01-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Had a nice chat with Grant Murray yesterday. It's a great gesture from the club and much appreciated.

Just wondering have they got all of the Senior ST holders phone numbers. I cannot recall giving my number but maybe I did just cannot remember

SMAXXA
01-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I hope they arnt making any calls today. Phone rings, answer, ‘Morning Jimmy it’s David Gray from Hibernian FC how’s things?’.......response.......aye get your self to ***k am no falling for that one (April fools) 😂

overdrive
01-04-2020, 09:25 AM
My dad got a call from Colin Nish offering to get him a shop. Said they would phone back in a few weeks.

Stanton Spence
01-04-2020, 10:00 AM
I think it's good that the club is doing this and I would like to see the club push the boat out and offer free season tickets or heavily discounted for NHS staff up to a limited amount. These guys deserve to be acknowledged and it would be a good gesture from the club

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
01-04-2020, 10:47 AM
A good example of why football is more than just a recreational sport and pastime. It’s very heartening to know that Hibs feel that same way, and those simple phone calls have been welcomed and well received by the recipients.

The way Hibs have conducted themselves throughout this crisis has been exemplary.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2020, 11:02 AM
I think it's good that the club is doing this and I would like to see the club push the boat out and offer free season tickets or heavily discounted for NHS staff up to a limited amount. These guys deserve to be acknowledged and it would be a good gesture from the club

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

You couldn’t just stop at NHS staff though - there’s loads of key workers out there that could be recognised.

Jay
01-04-2020, 11:21 AM
You couldn’t just stop at NHS staff though - there’s loads of key workers out there that could be recognised.

And NHS staff will still get a wage at the end of the month, plenty others wont.

staunchhibby
01-04-2020, 01:20 PM
A well deserved wage

Northernhibee
01-04-2020, 02:01 PM
My dad got a call from Colin Nish offering to get him a shop. Said they would phone back in a few weeks.

Nishy is one of lifes good guys.

staunchhibby
01-04-2020, 02:09 PM
Just had a call from Lewis Stevenson Pure gentleman.Asking how we were doing

brog
01-04-2020, 02:27 PM
My 1st time out house for 3 days today & I missed a call from John Potter! He says he'll call back but great initiative regardless. He called me from a mob #.

mim
01-04-2020, 04:56 PM
I got a call yesterday, from the stadium manager , nice guy can't remember his name, but it was really good to get the inside chat about the staff situation, basically seems to be manageable, apart from the casual staff on game day.
I also had a word about season the ticket situation, basically I sit in middle of the East, in line with the half way. It seems that due to rebranding that my seat is now platinum, and comes with a price hike. Not averse to an increase as such, but the hike seems excessive.
Any one else , have issues with this ??.

Yes, I do.
A 30% increase for senior citizens is outrageous.
I think Hibs will live to regret that.

Valencia
02-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Just had a call from Paul Hanlon can't say it was a conversation I was that exited I hardly let him get a word in - much appreciated.

andyk3
02-04-2020, 05:22 PM
It was my turn to get lucky today - with Alan Combe (Hibs goalkeeping coach). I was too nervous to have a proper conversation but he showed real concern for my well-being; and of course we both agreed that football isn’t important in these times. So the next time Rocky pulls off another world-class save I shall be imagining Alan making it.

Just wanted to publicly record my sincere appreciation of this Hibs initiative.

hibeerealist
02-04-2020, 07:22 PM

Quite touched.

Quite touched reading your post CH and I pray the wee one will enjoy her first Hibs game soon as.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2020, 10:37 AM
David Gray phoned my dad this morning which gave him a timely wee boost during the rough time he is currently going through. To all those involved it's much appreciated. 👏

MyJo
08-04-2020, 07:35 PM
My son got a phone call from Steven Whittaker yesterday to say Happy Birthday :aok: great stuff from the club and players that will really cheer people up when their stuck in the house