PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET UPDATE | SALES PASS 1000 MARK

RSS Bot
29-03-2020, 07:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10606)

Keith_M
29-03-2020, 07:41 PM

Wow, one thousand in two days!

That's fantastic

:thumbsup:

Since452
29-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Brilliant. Much needed revenue. Well done folks.

Sir David Gray
29-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Much more than I expected after 2 days. Impressive.

Ozyhibby
29-03-2020, 07:53 PM
That’s amazing considering the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
29-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Even allowing for concessions, that must be at least a quarter of a million quid in the bank. Expect more to be shifted this week.

Peevemor
29-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Well done to those that are able to buy and are doing their bit for the club.

Leith Green
29-03-2020, 08:04 PM
Just renewed my 2 and added 1 👍 payment plan is vital for me

B.H.F.C
29-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Just renewed my 2 and added 1 👍 payment plan is vital for me

Will be for a lot of folk this year. I usually pay up front to get it over and done with. Wasn’t shelling that type of money out in one go this time given current circumstances. Probably wouldn’t have renewed, at the moment, had there not been a payment plan available.

18Craig75
29-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Amazing effort. At least a quarter of a million in the cash pot you’d think.

No pressure from the club for everyone to renew given the circumstances either. Well done Hibees who are in a position to renew! Payment plan allowed me to!

HibbyAndy
29-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Will be renewing 3 tomorrow , Just not got round to it :aok:

Pretty Boy
29-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Outstanding effort.

The Spaceman
29-03-2020, 08:59 PM

Will be renewing on payday!

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Well done those who have done so, a great effort. :top marks

04Sauzee
29-03-2020, 09:07 PM
****ing love Hibs

Vault Boy
29-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Absolutely outstanding effort. 💚

Steven79
29-03-2020, 09:13 PM
I renewed our 3 today in the West Upper.

I had put aside the money and with me, my wife and two kids confined to the house for upto 12 weeks due to health reasons (asthmatic and my wife is diabetic) I need something to look forward to once this is over with.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
29-03-2020, 09:32 PM
Renewed as soon as I could... 2 tickets... paid upfront... GGTTH

HendoDelivered
29-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Immense.

Moulin Yarns
29-03-2020, 09:50 PM
All clubs should be selling season tickets now to help with cash flow

Are you listening mrs Budge

BILLYHIBS
29-03-2020, 09:55 PM
All clubs should be selling season tickets now to help with cash flow

Are you listening mrs Budge

There is the rub

Is Budgie selling STs for the Premiership or the Seaside Town League?

That is the $64000 question

Garymcl
29-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Absolutely brilliant let’s keep this going Ggtth :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2020, 10:36 PM
Going to renew this week at some point, I'll have to choose a seat at random and change later once my mates are able to renew as well which will be a pain in the bottom, but hopefully my contribution will help the club get through this crisis. Can't understand why every club isn't selling STs at this point.

CraigHibee
29-03-2020, 10:45 PM
There is the rub

Yep she will need conformation surely before she starts selling them, if they go down you can see a drop of season tickets being sold imo

Col2
29-03-2020, 11:48 PM
It’s a great start. Would love if we could shift say 5k by by mid April. Assuming we get a better idea of timescales at next review point (lockdown 3 week period is 13th April) then having c£1.5m in the bank would be massive.

SChibs
30-03-2020, 12:08 AM
I'll be buying Mine on the payment plan mid april

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 07:45 AM
There is the rub

I know it will make a difference to a lot of their Fans, who will quite rightly wait and see, but I'd imagine there's also a lot of them that would happily buy Season Tickets either way.

The thing is, if they suddenly had money coming in, imagine how it would look if they continued with their plans to dump some of their players...

Brightside
30-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Which means we can continue to pay our staff instead of forcing a pay cut on them or laying them off. Well done Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2020, 07:53 AM
I know it will make a difference to a lot of their Fans, who will quite rightly wait and see, but I'd imagine there's also a lot of them that would happily buy Season Tickets either way.

The thing is, if they suddenly had money coming in, imagine how it would look if they continued with their plans to dump some of their players...

I overheard Gary Locke yesterday telling an audience that “punters just won’t buy season tickets just now”. That’ll be the reason why they’re not on sale?

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 07:58 AM
I overheard Gary Locke yesterday telling an audience that “punters just won’t buy season tickets just now”. That’ll be the reason why they’re not on sale?

Who are we to argue with the wisdom of Gary Locke

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2020, 08:03 AM

:hilarious

GreenCastle
30-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Very good start - hopefully fans can keep doing what they can to support the club.

Understand all the current situations but it will be useful for the club to get this support at a difficult time.

hibby67
30-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Not had a season ticket for a few years now but bought one yesterday to help support the club. I also have a feeling we will come out the other side of the lockdown in a stronger positions than others and the 20/21 season is going to be a exciting one

Daniel 1875
30-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Not had a season ticket for a few years now but bought one yesterday to help support the club. I also have a feeling we will come out the other side of the lockdown in a stronger positions than others and the 20/21 season is going to be a exciting one

Brilliant to see so many people renewing early but always extra special to hear of people coming back after a period away from Easter Road. Great stuff

Jamesie
30-03-2020, 08:53 AM
I'm going to have a number of refunds coming on to my American Express card from travel and hotels I had booked for trips later in the year. I anticipate trying to make a cash withdrawal on my AmEx card would incur swingeing fees. Anyone worked out a clever way to buy a season ticket using AmEx (I know as of last season Hibs only took Visa and Mastercard and no PayPal).

PatHead
30-03-2020, 12:30 PM

You taking the piss?

EI255
30-03-2020, 12:47 PM
I can't buy a ST as I work most Saturdays however I will be purchasing new kit soon as it becomes available, plus more! Got a few things I'd like to buy next pay day too [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 01:28 PM
You taking the piss?

Moi?

Leith Green
30-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Credit proposal accepted.. That was the quickest and easiest application i have done for season ticket finance 🇳🇬

Antifa Hibs
30-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Not wanting to put a dampener on things as the numbers are very good and its superb that amount and more have already committed...

But if we spend this money now to see us through the covid-19 period. We not potentially gonna be pretty donald ducked this time next season?

1000 season tickets probably equates to 4000 Celtic due this weekend, 4000 huns and 2000 sheep in the top 6 if we made it? Need another 1000 just to make up the shared gates and other income from the semi final? Next season should be interesting as i can't see any clubs matching this seasons and previous seasons spending.

hibsbollah
30-03-2020, 01:37 PM

His wisdom is golden.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Not wanting to put a dampener on things as the numbers are very good and its superb that amount and more have already committed...

But if we spend this money now to see us through the covid-19 period. We not potentially gonna be pretty donald ducked this time next season?

1000 season tickets probably equates to 4000 Celtic due this weekend, 4000 huns and 2000 sheep in the top 6 if we made it? Need another 1000 just to make up the shared gates and other income from the semi final? Next season should be interesting as i can't see any clubs matching this seasons and previous seasons spending.

I agree with your sums, but what’s the other option?
We’ve a few loans/ out of contract players at the end of the season, so maybe next season we’ll need to start using a few more younger players

matty_f
30-03-2020, 01:44 PM

It's all relative. There's not a club that won't be hurt by this, they'll all be using cash ear-marked for other things.

snedzuk
30-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Moi?

Whoosh? - or rather Sloosh

Leith Green
30-03-2020, 01:46 PM
I agree with your sums, but what’s the other option?
We’ve a few loans/ out of contract players at the end of the season, so maybe next season we’ll need to start using a few more younger players

Exactly.. We need to fight each battle as it comes. Need to get through to the end of this Coronavirus blanket on games. Cut our cloth accordingly for next season with a reduced budget.

cam75
30-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Qui 😂

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Your last sentence sums it up and more or less answers your question.
It’s a case of ensuring that Hibs are still here in 6 months time, that is why supporters that can afford it are buying season tickets now.

franks
30-03-2020, 01:49 PM
I'm going to have a number of refunds coming on to my American Express card from travel and hotels I had booked for trips later in the year. I anticipate trying to make a cash withdrawal on my AmEx card would incur swingeing fees. Anyone worked out a clever way to buy a season ticket using AmEx (I know as of last season Hibs only took Visa and Mastercard and no PayPal).

Hibs used to take AmEx many years ago but stopped due to the commission they charge. You could apply for a visa or MC as there are quite a few places don't take AmEx due to their commission.

hibbydad
30-03-2020, 01:52 PM
[/B]
Your last sentence sums it up and more or less answers your question.
It’s a case of ensuring that Hibs are still here in 6 months time, that is why supporters that can afford it are buying season tickets now.
Just renewed our 2 just now

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 01:56 PM
I agree with the answers that people have already given as to why we feel we need to give our cash now, not later.

Basically I accept that we will then have a reduced budget next season, but better a reduced budget than no club at all.

Besides, every other club will be in the same boat, that they will probably have to use some of the budget they had earmarked for next season, so we'll definitely not be worse off than any of our rivals

...unless some of them are planning on using some incredibly dirty tricks to see them through this time, like forcing players out the door, laying off staff and maybe even a planned Admin event.

But I'd rather Hibs did things the decent way.

NthCarolinaHibs
30-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Two of our group signed up again for next season 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Hibi
30-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Is there an option for monthly instalments available? I was looking to renew yesterday but could access my e-ticketing account, said it didn’t recognise my details and when I asked for a password reset it hasn’t come through (not in my junk either)!

Billy Whizz
30-03-2020, 04:06 PM
Is there an option for monthly instalments available? I was looking to renew yesterday but could access my e-ticketing account, said it didn’t recognise my details and when I asked for a password reset it hasn’t come through (not in my junk either)!

Sure is

staunchhibby
30-03-2020, 04:15 PM
There is that option

Hibi
30-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Sure is

Excellent, just need to get back into my account now.

ac1
30-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Just renewed through the payment plan

JammyDoidger
30-03-2020, 06:56 PM
The club deserve our backing for the professional way this has been handled and for trying to keep a positive feeling around the club. Compared to the way our neighbours have behaved hibs could have charged double and id have paid it. Let's come back from this break stronger than ever before and break the season ticket Sales record yet again!

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 06:59 PM

It was a bit subtle for me

:)

PatHead
30-03-2020, 09:01 PM
It was a bit subtle for me

:)

😁

jgl07
31-03-2020, 12:25 AM
Hibs used to take AmEx many years ago but stopped due to the commission they charge. You could apply for a visa or MC as there are quite a few places don't take AmEx due to their commission.

Someone I worked with was making his first trip to the USA and signed up for an American Express Card. When he arrived there and tried to pay for something with the Amex Card, the vendor noticed the Visa Card in his wallet and requested that he pay with that rather than the Amex Card. It was the high commission that they charge that prompted him to do that.

The Spaceman
31-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Renewed for next season :aok:

If you can, get it done.

The Wireless
31-03-2020, 10:05 AM
My renewal X 3 in the onion bag. 🇳🇬👍

Lago
31-03-2020, 11:25 AM
I agree with the answers that people have already given as to why we feel we need to give our cash now, not later.

Basically I accept that we will then have a reduced budget next season, but better a reduced budget than no club at all.

Besides, every other club will be in the same boat, that they will probably have to use some of the budget they had earmarked for next season, so we'll definitely not be worse off than any of our rivals

...unless some of them are planning on using some incredibly dirty tricks to see them through this time, like forcing players out the door, laying off staff and maybe even a planned Admin event.

But we know every other club except the O. F. Will be in the same boat, one way or another they will manage much better than the rest of Scottish football, which will result in a progression to the league title for Celtic & undoubtedly 2nd place for Rangers. As for the rest squads will be smaller, wages reduced resulting in poorer quality playing staff. This will take years to resolve.

tamig
31-03-2020, 01:16 PM
But we know every other club except the O. F. Will be in the same boat, one way or another they will manage much better than the rest of Scottish football, which will result in a progression to the league title for Celtic & undoubtedly 2nd place for Rangers. As for the rest squads will be smaller, wages reduced resulting in poorer quality playing staff. This will take years to resolve.
I wouldn’t bet on the hun riding this out too comfortably.

Lago
31-03-2020, 01:21 PM
I wouldn’t bet on the hun riding this out too comfortably.
I agree to a point, but already you see reports of McColl, he who can't build ferries, suggesting he's ready to invest & there will undoubtedly be others, unfortunately 😝

vincipernoi
31-03-2020, 02:45 PM
renewed x 4

back of the net

Diclonius
31-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Me and my Dad have renewed, and my Aunt will also be joining us with her first ever ST. Fully appreciate though if others aren't able to renew/don't want to given the uncertainty.

Gorebridge Hibb
31-03-2020, 04:30 PM
That’s my Dad and I renewed. GGTTH

nellio
31-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Renewed using payment plan.

Impressed with Rons vision.

Jamesie
31-03-2020, 04:50 PM
There are many, many people with far bigger problems at the moment than what I recount below, which probably comes across as a bit “first world problems”, in terms of an exchange that took place with the Ticket Office earlier today, which in summary involves me trying to use the money I had spent on a now cancelled holiday to buy a season ticket.

Nevertheless I thought it worth flagging as in the current climate I cannot imagine any other business being offered money but being more passive about receiving it. In any other sector I’d simply walk away and buy elsewhere.

Now, I’m fortunate enough in that this is unlikely to make a big difference other than probably creating a slight delay in buying my season ticket, but if I was in charge of the ticket office I’d be doing all I can to think of creative options to ensure the sale was made – if, for example, the response had been “we don’t take AmEx but if you want to withdraw the funds at an ATM we’ll cover the transaction cost” I’d have lauded that commerciality and likely have told the club not to bother and I’d cover it myself.

Me: I’m due to receive a number of credits to my AmEx card in respect of cancelled travel and hotel bookings that I was due to take over the coming months. On this basis is there any way in which I could renew my season ticket by AmEx in order to make use of these monies please?

Ticket Office: Hi James, Thanks for your email, unfortunately we don’t accept American Express.

Me: Thanks for your quick response. Do you know if the club's season ticket finance provider accepts Amex? One option I may consider if so is engaging in the payment plan and then clearing the full balance immediately if this allows me to use my Amex credit.

Ticket Office: Hi James, I am not sure on that one, have you had a look at their website or tried to give them a call to make sure this would be ok to do?

Me: There's no obvious information on their website on this I'm afraid. Would you be able to make enquiries with them on my behalf please? Given there is at least a chance that a number of supporters may find themselves in my position given the number of travel reservations being cancelled and refunded at the moment it might be worth having an answer to this on the stocks (or perhaps even exploring the introduction of an Amex or PayPal function, even temporarily?)

Ticket Office: Hi James, Having looked on their website they are no longer taking inbound calls due to COVID-19. Here is their email address customerservices@v12finance.com

j'adorehibs
31-03-2020, 04:59 PM

if your account is in DR ask them to transfer the cash into your current a/c , ive done this was refunds already on my credit card (although wasnt amex)

Jamesie
31-03-2020, 05:02 PM
if your account is in DR ask them to transfer the cash into your current a/c , ive done this was refunds already on my credit card (although wasnt amex)

Cheers - I’ve done that in the past where my Visa card and current account were with the same bank: this is a BA Amex card unfortunately.

edinburghhibee
31-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Just bought mine as someone else said need something to look forward to and 5 hour round trips seems just the token [emoji23]

MOAN THE HIBEES!!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/DffShiJ47fPqM/giphy.gif

Billy Whizz
31-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Cheers - I’ve done that in the past where my Visa card and current account were with the same bank: this is a BA Amex card unfortunately.

Can you not use it for your monthly shopping for a bit

Jamesie
31-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Can you not use it for your monthly shopping for a bit

That will probably be what I'll have to do although I need to double check as I think some cards penalise you for being in credit: it's not in the issuer's interests! 😁 Would have much preferred to give it to Hibs right now!

brianmc
31-03-2020, 05:20 PM
I just tried to renew my 2. I've always used the payment plan - but for whatever reason I've been declined this time!
Never missed a payment in my puff, and my credit score is good 🤔

Anyone else had problems or been declined??

18Craig75
31-03-2020, 05:26 PM
There are many, many people with far bigger problems at the moment than what I recount below, which probably comes across as a bit “first world problems”, in terms of an exchange that took place with the Ticket Office earlier today, which in summary involves me trying to use the money I had spent on a now cancelled holiday to buy a season ticket.

Nevertheless I thought it worth flagging as in the current climate I cannot imagine any other business being offered money but being more passive about receiving it. In any other sector I’d simply walk away and buy elsewhere.

Now, I’m fortunate enough in that this is unlikely to make a big difference other than probably creating a slight delay in buying my season ticket, but if I was in charge of the ticket office I’d be doing all I can to think of creative options to ensure the sale was made – if, for example, the response had been “we don’t take AmEx but if you want to withdraw the funds at an ATM we’ll cover the transaction cost” I’d have lauded that commerciality and likely have told the club not to bother and I’d cover it myself.

Me: I’m due to receive a number of credits to my AmEx card in respect of cancelled travel and hotel bookings that I was due to take over the coming months. On this basis is there any way in which I could renew my season ticket by AmEx in order to make use of these monies please?

Ticket Office: Hi James, Thanks for your email, unfortunately we don’t accept American Express.

Me: Thanks for your quick response. Do you know if the club's season ticket finance provider accepts Amex? One option I may consider if so is engaging in the payment plan and then clearing the full balance immediately if this allows me to use my Amex credit.

Ticket Office: Hi James, I am not sure on that one, have you had a look at their website or tried to give them a call to make sure this would be ok to do?

Me: There's no obvious information on their website on this I'm afraid. Would you be able to make enquiries with them on my behalf please? Given there is at least a chance that a number of supporters may find themselves in my position given the number of travel reservations being cancelled and refunded at the moment it might be worth having an answer to this on the stocks (or perhaps even exploring the introduction of an Amex or PayPal function, even temporarily?)

Ticket Office: Hi James, Having looked on their website they are no longer taking inbound calls due to COVID-19. Here is their email address customerservices@v12finance.com

Can’t see anything they’ve done wrong here to be honest. They’ve actually went above and beyond in getting you the email address for the third party, I’d have told to you to go get it yourself.

Stick
31-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Might it be possible to take out a Revolut or post office pre paid card, then top it up with a payment from your Amex card? Then pay hibs from your pre paid card. I don’t know about Amex but I easily transfer money from my Visa card for holiday use.

hibbyfraelibby
31-03-2020, 05:43 PM

Very much a first world problem Jamesie. I used to have an Amex Card until about 2001 when I ditched it. Businesses started turning it down mostly due to the charges Amex levied on them to take your money. It is not a credit card but a charge card and frankly they fleece suppliers for no good reason other than they can.

Whilst I had the card (Gold by the way) I still had a normal credit card and a normal debit cards via VISA and MasterCard for those day to day transactions and fee free ATM transactions. You've made a choice to run with a charge card fewer and fewer businesses are prepared to deal with. Not the clubs problem but perhaps a lesson for people not to put their eggs all in one basket or choose a product based on status and image rather than fitness for purpose. A bit like a Blackberry niche user complaining that Android and iOS are now ubiquitous.

Big_Franck
31-03-2020, 05:44 PM

I can't see anything that the club have done wrong here at all. I agree with the poster above that they didn't need to go and find the V12 contact information, you could have done that yourself.

I agree it would be good if they had a PayPal option but a lot of companies don't take PayPal so they aren't alone in that.

18Craig75
31-03-2020, 05:49 PM

Can’t see anything they’ve done wrong here to be honest. They’ve actually went above and beyond in getting you the email address for the third party, I’d have told to you to go get it yourself.

Keith_M
31-03-2020, 05:53 PM
I agree to a point, but already you see reports of McColl, he who can't build ferries, suggesting he's ready to invest & there will undoubtedly be others, unfortunately 😝

Don't take that too seriously, he has no intention of putting any of his money into Rangers.

He has already said as much himself.

Jamesie
31-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Very much a first world problem Jamesie. I used to have an Amex Card until about 2001 when I ditched it. Businesses started turning it down mostly due to the charges Amex levied on them to take your money. It is not a credit card but a charge card and frankly they fleece suppliers for no good reason other than they can.

Whilst I had the card (Gold by the way) I still had a normal credit card and a normal debit cards via VISA and MasterCard for those day to day transactions and fee free ATM transactions. You've made a choice to run with a charge card fewer and fewer businesses are prepared to deal with. Not the clubs problem but perhaps a lesson for people not to put their eggs all in one basket or choose a product based on status and image rather than fitness for purpose. A bit like a Blackberry niche user complaining that Android and iOS are now ubiquitous.

Agree with all of that other than the bit about status and image and fitness for purpose - my card doesn’t incur any annual charge and the sole reason I use it is not to be “flash” but to collect Avios points (1 point per £1) so I try and buy almost everything I can with it: and I have noticed in the last few years that more and more retailers, including small shops, have started to accept AmEx so I presume it is being marketed on more favourable terms than I agree was the case in the past.

All of that said I complete accept and reiterate that this is very much a first world problem!

mutley
31-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Agree with all of that other than the bit about status and image and fitness for purpose - my card doesn’t incur any annual charge and the sole reason I use it is not to be “flash” but to collect Avios points (1 point per £1) so I try and buy almost everything I can with it: and I have noticed in the last few years that more and more retailers, including small shops, have started to accept AmEx so I presume it is being marketed on more favourable terms than I agree was the case in the past.

All of that said I complete accept and reiterate that this is very much a first world problem!

I see where you are coming from , I have a BA Amex too, also for the Avios, however if someone doesn’t take it, then so be it. I’m guessing it’s the only credit card you have.

It’s companies choice which cards they accept, I also though it would be an easy 420 avios, but I ended up sticking in on another card. It’s no big deal missing out on a few points, and certainly not worth going around the house just to use that card. Hibs don’t take it, looks like V12 don’t take it, just suck it up and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tamig
31-03-2020, 09:20 PM
I just tried to renew my 2. I've always used the payment plan - but for whatever reason I've been declined this time!

Not sure if you’re on the PM board but there’s a few comments over there about this. Are you self employed by any chance?

JXM73
31-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Not sure if you’re on the PM board but there’s a few comments over there about this. Are you self employed by any chance?

Pm board?

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2020, 09:38 PM
Pm board?

Private Member

brianmc
31-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Not on PM board, but yes I am self employed.....I had a sneaking suspicion this might be an issue.

tamig
31-03-2020, 10:58 PM
Not on PM board, but yes I am self employed.....I had a sneaking suspicion this might be an issue.

I got an immediate decline and emailed them to ask why - as my credit record is good. They just said I didn’t meet their current lending criteria so I assumed that could only be down to employment status.

I found out by chance today that you can get a free credit score with RBS for the credit ref agency V12 use themselves. My score was excellent so I emailed V12 to tell them this and a short while later got an email saying my application had been accepted.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2020, 11:14 PM

Season tickets are always on sale at this time of year. We will be fine next season because football is all relative. All our opponents will be skint as well. Hibs will be careful with the budget and will manage cash flow as they always do. We will be fine.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Next years TV money is double this years. Should help a lot and is one of the reasons they will do all they can to stop next season getting delayed.

Green-Hibee-7
01-04-2020, 03:22 AM
Assuming this is a standard American Express Credit Card, I would doubt the finance company will accept that method of payment. Don’t quote me on that though.

From the limited time I have spent understanding Collection processes for the financial service provider I work for (which is very limited) I do recall they no longer accept credit card payments for fear of accepting “credit to pay credit”. Big focus on vulnerable customers in financial difficulty was the driver for this.

Don’t want you to go through with the finance and then realise you can’t settle with your credit card.

Keith_M
01-04-2020, 06:57 AM
Next years TV money is double this years. Should help a lot and is one of the reasons they will do all they can to stop next season getting delayed.

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2020, 08:11 AM
Assuming this is a standard American Express Credit Card, I would doubt the finance company will accept that method of payment. Don’t quote me on that though.

From the limited time I have spent understanding Collection processes for the financial service provider I work for (which is very limited) I do recall they no longer accept credit card payments for fear of accepting “credit to pay credit”. Big focus on vulnerable customers in financial difficulty was the driver for this.

Don’t want you to go through with the finance and then realise you can’t settle with your credit card.

Pretty sure his is a charge card rather than a credit card.

cmcd
01-04-2020, 10:46 AM
I have been on the phone 9 times trying to renew my season ticket .Guess what No answer other than sorry we are busy

Since452
01-04-2020, 10:49 AM
I have been on the phone 9 times trying to renew my season ticket .Guess what No answer other than sorry we are busy

I'd imagine there'd be very limited staff working.

The Spaceman
01-04-2020, 10:49 AM

You should be doing it online via the Hibs website - doubt call centre will be open or capacity will be very much limited due to COVID-19. The sooner we stop using call centres, the sooner our clubs etc will save cash.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2020, 10:55 AM

I'm not sure any football club can do anything that will stop this pandemic spreading, so doing all they can do to stop next season being delayed is only words.

The world will start again normally, once its safe for everyone, not just footballers and all involved.

B.H.F.C
01-04-2020, 11:24 AM

Maybe most, or all, of the folk who would normally answer the phone aren’t actually there at the moment? Not exactly going to be classed as key workers.

WhileTheChief..
01-04-2020, 11:26 AM
This year’s Edinburgh Festival has been cancelled.

It usually runs from mid August I think so can’t see football returning then.

I still think we are looking at March 2021 before football returns.

tamig
01-04-2020, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure any football club can do anything that will stop this pandemic spreading, so doing all they can do to stop next season being delayed is only words.

The world will start again normally, once its safe for everyone, not just footballers and all involved.

Correct. Ozy seems to have a fixation that everything will be back to normal sooner rather than later. No second wave etc. None of us know though.

Ringothedog
01-04-2020, 12:45 PM

It took me 5 minutes doing it online, maybe try that?

kennedy
01-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Our party of 11 are in the middle of renewing after just getting our seats moved from FF Executive to West Stand upper tier section 15. This was the only reasonable place we could get seats together as a group (for now). The plus side for us is the pricing. As there are seniors and kids in the group, and as we are moving to a bronze section for pricing there has been a massive saving for us.

On the plus side the club is getting the money now. On the minus side they have lost just under £1k on the total group value.

I can understand why the club are pushing FF Executive seating but at the same time they will lose out on pensioners and kids season ticket money (if they move) . Our new seats are £75.00 cheaper for both pensioners and kids and £110 for an adult.

We did lose a lot of holders from FF Upper earlier this season due to the pricing, I feel that this will just add to it.

Jamesie
01-04-2020, 01:16 PM

I tend to agree we won't see football returning in August, although equally I can see why there may be desire to cancel the various Festivals - with their attendant costs on the part of performers and tourists - at an earlier stage to protect the brand than may be the case with football - a lot less overheads involved in putting on a football match than any of the Festivals. On that basis I retain a glimmer of hope!

mutley
01-04-2020, 02:14 PM
it's fantastic to hear how many have renewed already, I'd love an update on the number (wasn't it 1000 after 2 days)

GGTTH

hibbydad
01-04-2020, 02:20 PM
What number are you phoning

inglisavhibs
01-04-2020, 02:28 PM

Hopefully that's a bit pessimistic, the top medical people in Scotland are predicting the peak in around 1 week. That peak might last another few weeks and it will take time after that to get back to some kind of normality. My guess would be around September/ October for football. The festival has to be cancelled now because of all the preparation. Who really knows though as this is a first and hopefully last for us all.

ancient hibee
01-04-2020, 02:50 PM
I doubt that there will be much sport at all in 2020.There is no cure ,no vaccine and only limited treatment for the virus affecting people in a dangerous way.The only way to stop the spread is to restrict movement.When the figures start to reduce the restrictions will be eased and the figures will start to rise again.Travelling outside your own country will be impossible as there will first be no travel insurance cover and second countries will not welcome visitors from outside their borders.

cmcd
01-04-2020, 03:40 PM
It took me 5 minutes doing it online, maybe try that?

I am 71 years old and I've never been on line to renew

Ringothedog
01-04-2020, 04:27 PM

Fair enough

Billy Whizz
01-04-2020, 04:27 PM

If you want a hand, I’m more than happy to help you

jgl07
01-04-2020, 05:19 PM
I renewed a couple of days back. I have no idea if I will see a match from it but happy to make my contribution.

Any update on the sales to date?

whiskyhibby
01-04-2020, 05:28 PM
Pretty sure his is a charge card rather than a credit card.

Amex do both, some companies don’t deal with Amex as the commission fee is double what other providers typically charge

chippy
01-04-2020, 07:08 PM

I think you might be right at March 2021. How many full time pro clubs left in Scotland then I wonder? Maybe liquidate everything and start again

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2020, 07:09 PM
Amex do both, some companies don’t deal with Amex as the commission fee is double what other providers typically charge

Yes I know they do both but he stated his was a charge card.

hibbydad
01-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Phone 07783 626185 during working hours and you will be able to renew

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Phone 07783 626185 during working hours and you will be able to renew

A mobile number?

hibbyfraelibby
01-04-2020, 09:02 PM
A mobile number?
Ticket Office is closed. Staff working from home.

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Ticket Office is closed. Staff working from home.

Of course :thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
01-04-2020, 09:13 PM

If you need a hand pm me. Not sure how it works but I have 3 linked ST holders that I can pay for.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2020, 07:55 AM
Correct. Ozy seems to have a fixation that everything will be back to normal sooner rather than later. No second wave etc. None of us know though.

Exactly, none of us know what will definitely happen, but we do know for certain, that when we are all allowed to come out again, there will be a surge in cases again. It won't suddenly get to July and everything is fine. We are looking long term here, not a couple of months. There's no chance of this season getting finished, the logistics are just to difficult, way too many objects in it's way.

JimBHibees
02-04-2020, 09:21 AM
I tend to agree we won't see football returning in August, although equally I can see why there may be desire to cancel the various Festivals - with their attendant costs on the part of performers and tourists - at an earlier stage to protect the brand than may be the case with football - a lot less overheads involved in putting on a football match than any of the Festivals. On that basis I retain a glimmer of hope!

Also the prospect of millions of tourists coming to Edinburgh at the same time as we are trying to recover from a pandemic would have been the main factor in the cancellation.

Phil MaGlass
02-04-2020, 09:25 AM
They are talking about trying to get back to normal from July/Aug in Holland if projections are right, doesnt take into account a possible second wave, especially if people have already had the virus and they get it again later.

Keith_M
02-04-2020, 09:55 AM
They are talking about trying to get back to normal from July/Aug in Holland if projections are right, doesnt take into account a possible second wave, especially if people have already had the virus and they get it again later.

Germany has similar plans but it's not completely back to normal, as they still include closed borders. However, they seem to be coping quite well just now, in comparison to some other countries.

As much as I love Scotland, I sometimes wonder if leaving Germany was a wise decision...

cymscowgate
02-04-2020, 10:27 AM
Well done those superhibees who are able to renew. What about the ones that can;t? There is also the issue of . say. a quarter of the season not played and a percentage of that. including the break, why don;t the club have some system to help those unable to meet the whole cost by offering a discount?

CYMS:flag:
Holy Ground

Keith_M
02-04-2020, 12:33 PM
Well done those superhibees who are able to renew. What about the ones that can;t? There is also the issue of . say. a quarter of the season not played and a percentage of that. including the break, why don;t the club have some system to help those unable to meet the whole cost by offering a discount?

CYMS:flag:
Holy Ground

You could propose it to the club

:dunno:

ekhibee
04-04-2020, 11:48 AM
I've got a ST but was wanting to use the payment plan for next season. For some reason it's not letting me sign into my Hibs account so I'm trying to purchase it by picking a seat. Can I pick a seat that is available then switch to my current seat at a later date? That seems to be the only way round it at the moment.

Steven79
04-04-2020, 11:51 AM
I've got a ST but was wanting to use the payment plan for next season. For some reason it's not letting me sign into my Hibs account so I'm trying to purchase it by picking a seat. Can I pick a seat that is available then switch to my current seat at a later date? That seems to be the only way round it at the moment.Can you not reset the password or email the ticket office?

ekhibee
04-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Can you not reset the password or email the ticket office?

Yeh, tried reset but never received an email, reckon I'll just have to email them myself.

PatHead
04-04-2020, 12:08 PM
I've got a ST but was wanting to use the payment plan for next season. For some reason it's not letting me sign into my Hibs account so I'm trying to purchase it by picking a seat. Can I pick a seat that is available then switch to my current seat at a later date? That seems to be the only way round it at the moment.
My friend had a problem doing it on his phone today. Worked on the laptop.

madhibby
04-04-2020, 12:19 PM
4 season tickets purchased today for our usual family group - although no reduction for the fact we are related!

maturehibby
04-04-2020, 12:55 PM
Givescotlandfreedom and me gave also renewed too
Lower West here we come again

Valencia
06-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Renewed today x 2

MurrayfieldHibs
06-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Renewed today x 2

Snap!

:thumbsup:

Stonewall
06-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Two renewed today.

Can just about afford it and can think of lots of reasons not too. However I‘m really missing going to the games, overall I think we’re in safe hands and want to support the club: can’t help it.

NAE NOOKIE
07-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Finally managed to renew today after 4 days of failing to get the on line E Ticketing site to connect to my bank ... almost certainly a laptop problem my end.

Anyway I phoned the TO number 07783626185 and got through straight away, the whole transaction took less than 2 minutes and I got an E Mail confirmation within seconds. The poor lassie on the end of the phone sounded thoroughly fed up bless her, but she was very helpful.

Anybody renewing will be like gold dust to Hibs I would imagine, I wonder how many we have sold now. But as others have said, even if Hibs ride this out and get to the other side it has to be a worry that we will lose some clubs and others will be forced to go part time .... what sort of league we eventually end up playing in is anybody's guess at this point.

cmcd
07-04-2020, 03:28 PM
What number are you phoning

The numbers on my season ticket

RoYO!
07-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Time to update the thread title? JR confirmed in the sky interview that we'd passed 2k.

hibsboy69
07-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Time to update the thread title? JR confirmed in the sky interview that we'd passed 2k.

We're almost at 3000 now :agree:

Great effort it must be said !

:flag:

Fratelli
07-04-2020, 10:04 PM
Just renewed 2 more Season Tickets for me and eldest fratello...:flag:

ekhibee
07-04-2020, 11:27 PM
That's me renewed. I usually just pay it all at once but paying it up this time. Looks a good deal actually, and if it helps Hibs out, even in a small way, that's an added bonus.

WHAM
09-04-2020, 10:15 AM

I had the same issue so I emailed them back and then they replied saying after reviewing the application they had now approved it.

My mate said he read on the pm board there was some form of admin error with regards to self employment.

But happy to renew at a time of need for the club.

04Sauzee
10-04-2020, 09:52 AM
That's us now past the 3k mark

CockneyRebel
10-04-2020, 10:03 AM

Brilliant. I was in early because no matter what the future holds I would hate to lose my seat through dithering (front row upper West-great view) as I would likely never get it back again. I was a bit worried that sales would slow down after the 2000 mark but excellent news.

wallpaperman
10-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Already? Fantastic news.:flag:

Edit: Yes, saw it on official Hibs twitter just now.

Since452
10-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Incredible. Our support never stops amazing me

KdyHby
10-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Bought one adult ticket since the 3k announcement

scotia44
10-04-2020, 05:16 PM
2 renewed today after the 3k announcement
🇳🇬🇳🇬💚