PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Hearts players that we might consider taking?

ekhibee
28-03-2020, 12:46 PM
I know this has been covered before on many occasions, but as Hearts might be losing quite a few players in the near future, there might be some bargains to be had. You never know. Thoughts?

jacomo
28-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Hickey as apprentice to Lewis.

I’ve always quite liked Jamie Walker as a player for some reason, appreciate that he is usually injured these days though.

Col2
28-03-2020, 12:50 PM
I know this has been covered before on many occasions, but as Hearts might be losing quite a few players in the near future, there might be some bargains to be had. You never know. Thoughts?

Hickey maybe. Irving has a decent left foot. Both of them look talented. I might have said Boyce but he hasn’t exactly contributed much titles he relegation fight (or lack of)

04Sauzee
28-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Haring if he can get himself fit, exactly what we need.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 12:52 PM
I don't think so, this is a squad that's been rock bottom for ages, even allowing for us handing them 2 wins I'd rather pick up better players from elsewhere.

Imagine signing any of their keepers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

supermcginn
28-03-2020, 12:53 PM

He's finished I reckon.

Keith_M
28-03-2020, 01:01 PM
He's finished I reckon.

He's Finnish?

Radge70
28-03-2020, 01:03 PM

I’ve always quite liked Jamie Walker as a player for some reason, appreciate that he is usually injured these days though.

I suggest giving him squad number 70!

BILLYHIBS
28-03-2020, 01:07 PM
Only one I have noticed out of that mob is Hickey but then apparently so have Man City :confused:

Would take him if it was doable

The 90+2
28-03-2020, 01:09 PM
A few of their youngsters look very decent.

danhibees1875
28-03-2020, 01:10 PM
He's Finnish?

He's only 26!

hfc rd
28-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Only Aaron Hickey is the one I’d take. The rest - no thank you

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2020, 01:11 PM
He's finished I reckon.

Why do you reckon that? He is 26

Fergus52
28-03-2020, 01:16 PM

I'm guessing cause he's very injury prone, but would still defo be worth a punt imo.

hfc rd
28-03-2020, 01:17 PM

He’s been injured for almost a year, or probably is a year now, and has had setback after setback. God knows when he will return and if he’ll be able to make the same sort of impact like he did before.

Very good player though who I would have taken but not now.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Any of their goalkeepers.

They'd be perfect for the let the bairns score in the 10 second chalemege at HT role.

Roxyhibee
28-03-2020, 01:19 PM
He's only 26!

Hahaha. 👍

Wilson
28-03-2020, 01:20 PM
None.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2020, 01:22 PM
He’s been injured for almost a year, or probably is a year now, and has had setback after setback. God knows when he will return and if he’ll be able to make the same sort of impact like he did before.

Very good player though who I would have taken but not now.

So has Porteous. So was Boyle.

brog
28-03-2020, 01:35 PM
I always thought Calumn Morrison had potential but he seems to have disappeared. Maybe he's with Harry Cochrane! 😁

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 01:43 PM

I think with sharing there is no end in sight though. He may have to quit altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Smith is a good right back. Hickey a good left back. We could do with strengthening both positions. Boyce is decent even if he has had a slow start but then McNulty not exactly setting the league on fire.

Potty78
28-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Hicky but we cant afford him, I dont think it will be long before we ask for players to take a cut too😥 scottish football is gonna take a massive hit and we'll lose clubs!

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Hicky but we cant afford him, I dont think it will be long before we ask for players to take a cut too[emoji26] scottish football is gonna take a massive hit and we'll lose clubs!

All clubs may have to do it but I doubt many will handle it as badly as Hearts.

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2020, 02:27 PM
None

i don't get the gushing over the hick boy

just like i didn't get some of the gushing over co@kring

having said that, i also didn't rate eduardo or christie 🙄
or even joe tortalano, until he came back from his broxburn loan spell 😁

Iggy Pope
28-03-2020, 03:52 PM
I said earlier in the the Hearts thread (or one of them) that Andy Irving looks to be a talented young man, albeit very definitely a Hearts fan. We could do worse.

Since452
28-03-2020, 03:54 PM
I'd take Hickey and Haring if there was a chance he could get back to fitness. That's it.

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 04:16 PM

you gotta be kidding surely ?? Hickey would be one of the first names on the teamsheet....

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Aaron Hickey and Michael Smith in the full back areas would be an improvement in the full back areas..

Craig halkett would be an improvement on Paul Hanlon..

Peter Haring would fit into the number 6 role in midfield...

These 4 would improve our team hugely...

jacomo
28-03-2020, 04:21 PM
you gotta be kidding surely ?? Hickey would be one of the first names on the teamsheet....

Kidding?! Hibs.net is always deadly serious and I try to respect that...

:wink:

zitelli62
28-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Uche to carry the training goals.
Maybe not he would fall over and blame the goals.

Gordy M
28-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Aaron Hickey and Michael Smith in the full back areas would be an improvement in the full back areas..

Craig halkett would be an improvement on Paul Hanlon..

Peter Haring would fit into the number 6 role in midfield...

These 4 would improve our team hugely...

Sorry but Halket is terrible, carrying too much weight and has had a awful season.....no thanks.

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Kidding?! Hibs.net is always deadly serious and I try to respect that...

:wink:

If you think Lewis Stevenson is a better player than Aaron Hickey then just stop watching football.. It is clear that you know nothing about the game if that's your opinion....

Tomsk
28-03-2020, 04:33 PM
None

i don't get the gushing over the hick boy

just like i didn't get some of the gushing over co@kring

having said that, i also didn't rate eduardo or christie 🙄
or even joe tortalano, until he came back from his broxburn loan spell 😁

You were right about Tortolano. And Cochrane. Two out five ain't bad. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Sorry but Halket is terrible, carrying too much weight and has had a awful season.....no thanks.

Weight with a decent fitness programme can be fixed wouldn't you say ?? Even an over weight , under fit Halkett is a far better than the alternative in Hanlon.....

Gordy M
28-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Weight with a decent fitness programme can be fixed wouldn't you say ?? Even an over weight , under fit Halkett is a far better than the alternative in Hanlon.....

No he is isnt imo.....nowhere near in fact. He has been absolutely roasted all season by the Hearts fans and is just awful.

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 04:46 PM
No he is isnt imo.....nowhere near in fact. He has been absolutely roasted all season by the Hearts fans and is just awful.

And still 10 times the defender we have currently impersonating a Hibs captain out there at the minute...

Gordy M
28-03-2020, 04:50 PM
And still 10 times the defender we have currently impersonating a Hibs captain out there at the minute...

10 x the defender......hahaha aye no bother. Im out.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2020, 04:51 PM

:faf: Behave, ten times the defender my erse.

To use your own quote:

stop watching football.. It is clear that you know nothing about the game if that's your opinion....:greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Maybe Big Ron will buy them and then create a single top flight team. Sell their stadium to developers and then take a challenge for the title.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2020, 04:58 PM
I think with sharing there is no end in sight though. He may have to quit altogether.

Based on what? He's had a rough year with injuries, that is it. He isn't finished. Guys who actually have to quit have 3/4 years of bad injuries, not one.

Zazu62
28-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Washington over McNulty

munchar
28-03-2020, 04:59 PM

He’s just had an operation last week. Persistent groin problem.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2020, 05:02 PM

I worry for you if you actually believe that.

Since452
28-03-2020, 05:06 PM
It's hard to pick anyone from the team four points adrift at the bottom of the league

SteveHFC
28-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Hickey, Haring and Souttar when fit.

Sammy7nil
28-03-2020, 05:09 PM
If you think Lewis Stevenson is a better player than Aaron Hickey then just stop watching football.. It is clear that you know nothing about the game if that's your opinion....

Whooooooooosh :greengrin

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 05:10 PM
:faf: Behave, ten times the defender my erse.

To use your own quote:

stop watching football.. It is clear that you know nothing about the game if that's your opinion....:greengrin

Ok then , even John Souttar is a better option than Hanlon...

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Ok then , even John Souttar is a better option than Hanlon...

:fishin:

greenlex
28-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Nope. None of them are what we should be aspiring to.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Sorry but Halket is terrible, carrying too much weight and has had a awful season.....no thanks.Agree. We're talking about signing more than half the defence that's been bottom of the league or thereabouts for ages, Halkett is another Hearts gangster who gets away with far too much.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-03-2020, 05:30 PM

It's amazing eh? ☺

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2020, 06:50 PM
You were right about Tortolano. And Cochrane. Two out five ain't bad. :greengrin

sounds like a Meatloaf song 😉

👀

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2020, 06:58 PM
must admit for the last 18 months wanting Halket at hibs, i think he's a very decent defender AND he scores goals, as the heartz goal chart proves.

he did eat too many xmas puddings though

Springbank
28-03-2020, 07:05 PM
scottish football is gonna take a massive hit and we'll lose clubs!

Not necessarily so.

All hearts, rangers & Aberdeen need to do is agree to the current league standings (Celtic champs, hearts relegated, Motherwell get prize money for 3rd) and then the sponsors end of season monies can be paid out & no clubs go out of business.

It is pride, not Corona virus, that will strangle hearts & rangers & Aberdeen financially here

Brightside
28-03-2020, 07:08 PM

Did Hanlon **** your missus. You are so wrong on this as per usual.

truehibernian
28-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Halkett is honking :aok: So is Souttar to be honest - legs like rice paper.

Only Hearts player I would take is Michael Smith, really good player and versatile too.

JohnM1875
28-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Eh? Seriously? FAR better?

He was good for Livi. Wouldn't have him over Hanlon, Porto or Jackson if I'm honest.

Brightside
28-03-2020, 07:13 PM

He was good for Livi. Wouldn't have him over Hanlon, Porto or Jackson if I'm honest.

This guy is a closet Jambo. Clear as day. Seems to watch a lot of hearts players.

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 07:50 PM
This guy is a closet Jambo. Clear as day. Seems to watch a lot of hearts players.

:aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok: A closet Jambo ?? You sir a complete pillock

PISTOL1875
28-03-2020, 07:52 PM

I wouldn't have him over jackson or porteous but certainly over Hanlon....

Brightside
28-03-2020, 08:35 PM

Comments like that prove beyond all doubt that you know zero about football. Absolutely zero. Bash on.

JimBHibees
28-03-2020, 09:10 PM

Halkett is awful.

Waxy
28-03-2020, 09:36 PM
One positive about this is if we do have to finish the league season in a couple of months, Soutar might be fit.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn’t touch Hickey? He may still be young but in every game I’ve seen him play he has made some horrendous errors.

As for potential, I suspect he will be another player that Hearts burn out too early and put too much pressure on. They’ll cash in if they get the chance.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2020, 09:06 AM

Strange considering Hanlon has been better than Porteous this season.

Widhibs
29-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Hickey for sure. Would consider Smith, Naismith, Washington or Boyce depending on wages, rest are rank.

Eyrie
29-03-2020, 09:50 AM

The difference is that as a Hibs fan you see Hanlon every game and notice when he makes a mistake, like every player does occasionally.

If you watched every Hearts game you'd realise that Halkett is a mistake.

BoomtownHibees
29-03-2020, 10:03 AM
So that’s us looking to take Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Irving, Haring, Walker, Washington, Naismith and Boyce from a team that have been at the bottom of the league for about a year?

Hibs.net is a strange place at times

supermcginn
29-03-2020, 10:07 AM

He hasn't played for a year and there's no sign of him coming back. Finished

greenlex
29-03-2020, 10:09 AM
So that’s us looking to take Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Irving, Haring, Walker, Washington, Naismith and Boyce from a team that have been at the bottom of the league for about a year?

Hibs.net is a strange place at times:agree:

Bostonhibby
29-03-2020, 10:15 AM

Hibs.net is a strange place at timesWhat's Craig Levein up to these days?

If we sign all these Hearts stars I'm pretty sure he could get a tune out of them for us.

jgl07
29-03-2020, 10:41 AM
This thread is rather bizarre.

Hearts are clear at the bottom of the Table yet have the third highest wage bill. That suggests that their players are not as good as they think they are and are not worth what they are currently paid. Many clearly have an attitude problem and can’t be arsed trying unless they are playing Rangers or Hibs.

There are players in their who might improve Hibs but I doubt that Hibs could afford (or want to afford them). There are better players for Hibs elsewhere.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2020, 10:49 AM
He hasn't played for a year and there's no sign of him coming back. Finished

Are you his physio?

Ronaldo barely played for 3 years before the 2002 world cup. He scored 8 goals and won it.

Being out for a year is nothing.

brog
29-03-2020, 11:21 AM

Beat me to it. His obsession with PH is worrying.

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 11:26 AM

It is hardly a fair comparison considering Porteous has missed a fair chunk of it...

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 11:32 AM

by that you think Aaron Hickey isn't a better player than Stevenson ???

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 11:37 AM
The difference is that as a Hibs fan you see Hanlon every game and notice when he makes a mistake, like every player does occasionally.

If you watched every Hearts game you'd realise that Halkett is a mistake.

Just occasionally ?? There's a mistake in Hanlon almost every week... Hardly improved in the squad apart that 18 months under Lennon.. Bang average at least..

I was watching the 6-6 match with Motherwell the other day , they showed the 6th and final goal.. Hanlon in a foot race with the forward , next minute completely bullied off the ball... 10 YEARS later he's still being bullied off the ball and weak in defence....

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Beat me to it. His obsession with PH is worrying.

The way he defendes him every week , he probably lets him sleep with his missus...

jacomo
29-03-2020, 12:13 PM

Lol. You are one of the last people on here who should accuse others of knowing nothing about football.

Also you took my post too seriously.

Also Hearts have a habit of burning out young players too quickly - there’s an argument that Hickey is playing too much too soon.

But mainly... lol.

hfc rd
29-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Strange comparison.

Neither Porteous or Boyle have been or were ruled out for a whole year and had countless setbacks in their recoveries like Haring has.

Boyle suffered a 6 month knee injury in January whilst on international duty and then I think injured the same knee (or the other one) against Elgin in the league cup group stage. Was ruled out for 4 months. Still with those injuries, he’s made 28 appearances in all competitions this season and been probably our best player this season.

Porteous suffered a knee injury in late Jan/early Feb last year and ruled out till August when he made his comeback against Newcastle Utd in a pre-season game. Was a mainstay at the back alongside Hanlon until he injured his knee injury in Jan against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup. Was initially told that it may end his season but then in an interview yesterday, he mentioned that he had a chance of making it back for the Hampden semi against Hearts and the split. Porteous has made 17 appearances in all competitions this season and earned himself a call up to the Scotland squad.

Haring has had God knows how many injuries and setbacks. He hasn’t kicked a ball for pretty much a whole year now. Last game he played was the Scottish Cup final defeat against Celtic which Levein rushed him back for in typical Levein fashion. There is no word as to when he will be back and if he’ll even be able to make the same sort of impact that he did when he first joined, especially when he’s been out for this long.

chrisski33
29-03-2020, 12:25 PM
Nope. None of them are what we should be aspiring to.

Exactly! Best post on this thread. I wouldbt touch any of the current hearts squad.

munchar
29-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Strange comparison.

Neither Porteous or Boyle have been or were ruled out for a whole year and had countless setbacks in their recoveries like Haring has.

Boyle suffered a 6 month knee injury in January whilst on international duty and then I think injured the same knee (or the other one) against Elgin in the league cup group stage. Was ruled out for 4 months. Still with those injuries, he’s made 28 appearances in all competitions this season and been probably our best player this season.

Porteous suffered a knee injury in late Jan/early Feb last year and ruled out till August when he made his comeback against Newcastle Utd in a pre-season game. Was a mainstay at the back alongside Hanlon until he injured his knee injury in Jan against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup. Was initially told that it may end his season but then in an interview yesterday, he mentioned that he had a chance of making it back for the Hampden semi against Hearts and the split. Porteous has made 17 appearances in all competitions this season and earned himself a call up to the Scotland squad.

Haring has had God knows how many injuries and setbacks. He hasn’t kicked a ball for pretty much a whole year now. Last game he played was the Scottish Cup final defeat against Celtic which Levein rushed him back for in typical Levein fashion. There is no word as to when he will be back and if he’ll even be able to make the same sort of impact that he did when he first joined, especially when he’s been out for this long.

Haring has not had numerous injuries. It’s been ongoing and complete rest was advised. Kept breaking down after rest so he had an operation last week to cure it.

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Lol. You are one of the last people on here who should accuse others of knowing nothing about football.

Also you took my post too seriously.

Also Hearts have a habit of burning out young players too quickly - there’s an argument that Hickey is playing too much too soon.

But mainly... lol.

I have a good knowledge about football and I certainly know a good player when I see one.. AAron Hickey is a fantastic player and is far better than Lewis Stevenson.. Firstly , he plays on the front foot and likes to go forward at every opportunity.. Secondly , he has the ability to chip in with the odd goal here and there..... He will make mistakes because he is young and he is inconsistent but he will learn from them.. Hickey will have a great future in the game and barring injuries won't be stuck at Hertz all his career..

Ozyhibby
29-03-2020, 12:34 PM

Agree with that. Porteous has a lot to learn. Commits himself far too easily.

munchar
29-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Agree with that. Porteous has a lot to learn. Commits himself far too easily.

Porteous “potentially” a good player. Young & inexperienced, but looks the part.

MWHIBBIES
29-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Strange comparison.

He hasn't had god knows how many.

God knows how many players have been dubbed finished on here for different reasons. A grand total of zero have ever retired.

ShetlandHibby
29-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Come on boys, Hickey would be a massive improvement of championship level Lewis. The smith boy is a good right back. Naismith, Boyce are both good players. To say we’d not take any is just silly

PISTOL1875
29-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Come on boys, Hickey would be a massive improvement of championship level Lewis. The smith boy is a good right back. Naismith, Boyce are both good players. To say we’d not take any is just silly

Exactly.. baffling reading these comments..

The 90+2
29-03-2020, 06:50 PM

😂😂😂 just no.

we are hibs
29-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Porteous is our best centre half. He will be straight back into the team when football starts again. Who he starts ahead of remains to be seen.

KingPat4
30-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Hickey and Smith.

Boyce is gash and Naismith is over the hill and a total bellend.

bigwheel
30-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Hickey is top notch - he will go for big money...well beyond our means ...they’ve not got much more mind you ..wouldn’t really fancy many others ...terrible recruitment record

Brightside
30-03-2020, 11:36 AM
I don’t think Hickey is top class yet. He’s had one season with a club at the bottom of the league. He has potential no doubt.

EI255
30-03-2020, 11:54 AM
Hickey maybe. Irving has a decent left foot. Both of them look talented. I might have said Boyce but he hasn’t exactly contributed much titles he relegation fight (or lack of)Hickey only appears to be decent in bigger games. Watched him in lesser games vs Accies etc and he's struggled a bit. Far away from the finished article.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
30-03-2020, 11:55 AM
Haring if he can get himself fit, exactly what we need.Is he not finished? [emoji848]

EI255
30-03-2020, 11:55 AM
A few of their youngsters look very decent.So do ours.

Seveno
30-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Hickey is good going forward but, as a result, gets badly caught out of position when the ball is lost. His inexperience often shows when the defence is under pressure. He probably needs to move on soon to a club that is capable of nursing young talent but there are no guarantees that he has what it takes to make it.

147lothian
31-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Hicky and Irving would be the only two I would be interested in, Boyce not worth the money IMO

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Porteous is our best centre half. He will be straight back into the team when football starts again. Who he starts ahead of remains to be seen.

Of he's our best centre half he should show it, behind Jackson and Hanlon this season. Rash, too aggressive and very poor positioning. Plenty time to improve but the hype is too much.

supermcginn
01-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Of he's our best centre half he should show it, behind Jackson and Hanlon this season. Rash, too aggressive and very poor positioning. Plenty time to improve but the hype is too much.
Porteous has been in the international squad this year, Hanlon will end his career never having won a full cap. Steve Clarke must disagree with you.

Brightside
01-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Porteous has been in the international squad this year, Hanlon will end his career never having won a full cap. Steve Clarke must disagree with you.

Porto will hopefully be a top class defender in time. He is not better than Jackson and Hanlon yet.

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2020, 08:34 AM

He'll end his career with 500+ Hibs appearances and a Scottish cup. I'd take that over being in a Scotland squad.

Hanlon has also been in an international squad without playing so there is zero difference. Both have as many caps as me.

Paul easily better at this stage and also not suspended for big games like Ryan always seems to be.

Since452
01-04-2020, 08:46 AM
He'll end his career with 500+ Hibs appearances and a Scottish cup. I'd take that over being in a Scotland squad.

Hanlon has also been in an international squad without playing so there is zero difference. Both have as many caps as me.

Paul easily better at this stage and also not suspended for big games like Ryan always seems to be.

If Porteous goes on to make 500+ appearances for Hibs he'd not have fulfilled his potential.

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2020, 08:53 AM
If Porteous goes on to make 500+ appearances for Hibs he'd not have fulfilled his potential.

What do you think his potential level is? I agree he has potential but he has an awful lot to learn. On this season he would do well to make 250 appearances for Hibs.

we are hibs
01-04-2020, 09:29 AM

He has. On numerous occassions. What chance has he got though when hibs fans slate him for things like actually winning the ball. Hes better than both already

Brightside
01-04-2020, 10:00 AM
He has. On numerous occassions. What chance has he got though when hibs fans slate him for things like actually winning the ball. Hes better than both already

Very few people think that. He may end up better. But he needs to stay fit, stay on the park and improve many parts of his games. 20 yard slide tackles don’t make you Maldini.