PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mental Health

hibee316
27-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Not about football, but probably relevant to many on here, which is why I'm posting.

In the past I've struggled with my mental health. I had to learn a number of strategies to help me live the life I wanted.

My mental health has been very good for a few years. When all this news about the virus broke, I noticed my old symptoms coming back.

I'm lucky in the fact I spent a number of years practising my techniques and I'm using them all at the moment and I'm keeping my self mentally healthy.

We have little to no control over things at the moment which is very scary. But if you are struggling, there are so many things you can do to give your head a bit of space.

Meditation - so many different different kinds. Find the one that you like to do.

Mindfull self compassion- learn how to be nice to yourself. It's brilliant.

Communicate - talk with people. Everyday.

Exercise - lots of it :)

Eat and drink well - good stuff goes in good stuff comes out.

Find purpose each day - the purpose could be to check in on an older relative or neighbour.

There are loads more.

Stay safe everyone!

Power
27-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Not about football, but probably relevant to many on here, which is why I'm posting.

In the past I've struggled with my mental health. I had to learn a number of strategies to help me live the life I wanted.

My mental health has been very good for a few years. When all this news about the virus broke, I noticed my old symptoms coming back.

I'm lucky in the fact I spent a number of years practising my techniques and I'm using them all at the moment and I'm keeping my self mentally healthy.

We have little to no control over things at the moment which is very scary. But if you are struggling, there are so many things you can do to give your head a bit of space.

Meditation - so many different different kinds. Find the one that you like to do.

Find purpose each day - the purpose could be to check in on an older relative or neighbour.

There are loads more.

Stay safe everyone!

Good shout and great suggestions - exercise has been the one that has kept me close to the right path since 2014.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-03-2020, 09:55 PM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250455-Depression-and-anxiety&p=6127067#post6127067

CMurdoch
29-03-2020, 01:36 PM

There are loads more.

Stay safe everyone!

Great post. Simple and to the point.
Hopefully folks on here have been able to manage their anxiety.
Uncertainty is not good for our mental health.

CockneyRebel
29-03-2020, 02:10 PM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250455-Depression-and-anxiety&p=6127067#post6127067

This link takes you to a previous thread which includes physical well being and I have decided to give Pilates a go. I have been swimming 3 times a week for about seven years and need something to replace it as I can't run. It's too easy to get out of the habit and old farts like me tend to deteriorate very quickly without any exercise. I just googled "free Pilates" and got loads of videos and text so no excuses.

The Harp
29-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Very good and informative post from hibee316 - I wish you all the best mate.
This is going to be a real struggle for all of us, some will be more affected than others, but we will get through it.
Stay positive.

Since452
29-03-2020, 02:24 PM
Good post. I have close family members who suffer from mental health issues and I have suffered myself on occasion. Agree with everything you said.

Remember when you're feeling low that we're all in this together.

kaimendhibs
29-03-2020, 09:30 PM

There are loads more.

Stay safe everyone!Thanks for posting. Im alive because of CBT

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk