PDA

View Full Version : Sevco Admin 2

Green Blood
27-03-2020, 07:24 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52071570?fbclid=IwAR3CrMWTlP1mbxjJkoyB1dcxIGm333Br 17scFCbvfjsYFtHT4IzR7fjbNhM

Its started!

WoreTheGreen
27-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Dominos starting

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 07:36 PM
Admin 2?

Please let it be true!

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 07:39 PM
A bit worrying for them that the £10m finance they needed to finish a normal season has now fallen through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
27-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Full and diets he he he

Joe6-2
27-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Full and diets he he he

Let it be true!
What a boost at this horrible time.

Del Boy
27-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Sounds like they’re in serious trouble

Green Blood
27-03-2020, 07:47 PM
They are done for, does not matter what Morelos is worth if football worldwide is on hold.

Joe6-2
27-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal?

JXM73
27-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Dave king walking away

weecounty hibby
27-03-2020, 07:59 PM
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let it be so. In this time of extreme sadness and upheaval in the world this would be truly uplifting news

Green Blood
27-03-2020, 08:01 PM

King knows its over and does not want to go down with the ship! I think also there may be investigations into financial mismanagement and he wants to go before it comes to a head! If you think that everything is rosy in their garden then let us know.

McD
27-03-2020, 08:02 PM

they started 5 months ago that they needed 10 million to get to the end of the season.

this statement says that funding has not been secured, so the inference is that they will now be sailing close to the wind, and don’t have the possible saviour of selling someone like Morelos as everything has stopped

Pretty Boy
27-03-2020, 08:13 PM
King stepping down isn't a huge deal, that was planned. The statement about lack of funding is huge.

ehf
27-03-2020, 08:15 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52071570?fbclid=IwAR3CrMWTlP1mbxjJkoyB1dcxIGm333Br 17scFCbvfjsYFtHT4IzR7fjbNhM

Its started!

"However, this has been put on hold while the board considers the financial consequences of the rapidly evolving global impact of coronavirus.

"The subsequent severe developments within the sporting and general business environment - that have now resulted in global lockdowns - has necessitated that the careful financial planning assumptions presented on March 14 are revisited."

Trying to make it sound as if it was their decision not to accept investment rather than that the potential investors (if there any) ran a mile.

Rumble de Thump
27-03-2020, 08:18 PM
"Careful financial planning" :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Hibs4185
27-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Huns and diet huns financial problems. Far too exciting!

Bostonhibby
27-03-2020, 08:20 PM
They should maybe get Mrs doctor Budge to invite Park round to tiny castle for a quick lecture about how to run a football club and living within your means?

Tick tock.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Green Blood
27-03-2020, 08:21 PM
"I considered the possibility of extending my time as chairman until the coronavirus crisis is over but that is not practically possible. After I returned to South Africa last week from the board meeting, I was mandated by the South African authorities to go into self-isolation for 14 days - which I am presently undergoing."

So convenient!

King had expected a fresh round of funding in the club - reports 10 days ago (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51919776)linked Far East real estate tycoon Stuart Gibson with leading a multi-million pound investment - but that has now been shelved. Rangers announced in November they required an extra £10million before the end of the season.

And that's a minimum, I heard its nearer £20 million as they had factored in a substantial amount of revenue through Europe and transfer fees.

"At my final board meeting in Glasgow on March 14, the board was close to finalising a new round of funding," King added.
"However, this has been put on hold while the board considers the financial consequences of the rapidly evolving global impact of coronavirus.

Anyone with money has lost a huge amount of their wealth, leaves little to invest and with so much uncertainty the rats are deserting the sinking ship. Expect Gerrard to announce he is off probably to a mid table premiership club within a month or two!

"The subsequent severe developments within the sporting and general business environment - that have now resulted in global lockdowns - has necessitated that the careful financial planning assumptions presented on March 14 are revisited."

We are ****ed basically!

Joe6-2
27-03-2020, 08:23 PM
King knows its over and does not want to go down with the ship! I think also there may be investigations into financial mismanagement and he wants to go before it comes to a head! If you think that everything is rosy in their garden then let us know.

I’m hoping the garden is a dung heap!

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 08:26 PM
While I’m confident that Scottish football will start as normal in August I’m not sure European football will be able to go ahead next season. I think there will still be too many travel restrictions in place to run a meaningful season. That would be a big blow to a club like Sevco living on the financial edge.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2020, 08:27 PM
So they'll not be buying Kamberi for £2m then?

He'll just have to quickly find another club he's always wanted to play for.

Joe6-2
27-03-2020, 08:29 PM
So they'll not be buying Kamberi for £2m then?

He'll just have to quickly find another club he's always wanted to play for.

Hibs? 😳

Bostonhibby
27-03-2020, 08:31 PM
Hibs? [emoji15]Personally I hope not.

Joe6-2
27-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Personally I hope not.

Don’t want him anywhere near ER

HoboHarry
27-03-2020, 08:44 PM
I'm wondering if King being cold shouldered meant he had to step down in order for Sevco to get any Government sponsored financial help?

Green Blood
27-03-2020, 08:57 PM
I believe Gerrard being lined up by Newcastle FC

Rumble de Thump
27-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Sevco and Hearts should merge. Between them they might be able to salvage enough parts of their stadia to create one complete, reasonably safe stadium.

murray26
27-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Bye bye good riddance another blot on society hopefully gone.

Hibs4185
27-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Bye bye good riddance another blot on society hopefully gone.

Who would ever have thought that Covid-19 could bring such good to y he world!

PatHead
27-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Can the title of the thread be changed? It is not admin for sevco. They have never been in admin. It was the old club that was eventually liquidated that went into administration.

Waxy
27-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Sevco and Hearts should merge. Between them they might be able to salvage enough parts of their stadia to create one complete, reasonably safe stadium.

We could call them Shearts

Waxy
27-03-2020, 10:05 PM
This is sevcos first admin.

Col2
27-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Isn’t it telling that over the last 8 years it’s consistently been Hearts 2011-14 and now 2020 and Rangers 2011-onwards that are the clubs who have by far the most financial problems, all of whom are self inflicted through overspending to try and achieve success.

Ann Budge in her 6 years in charge has not won a single major trophy and never finished ahead of Hibs in the top league.

Sevco have still to win a major trophy since Rangers v1 were liquidated.

O'Rourke3
27-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Can the title of the thread be changed? It is not admin for sevco. They have never been in admin. It was the old club that was eventually liquidated that went into administration.

Beat me to it. However it's pleasing...

Denverhibby
27-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Dave king walking away
Was it him that started the saying “ WE DONT DO WALKING AWAY”

Bishop Hibee
27-03-2020, 10:44 PM
What a time to be alive.

badabing67
27-03-2020, 10:55 PM
So what will it all mean for us..... not sure.... but for Celtic.... maybe 20 titles or more in a row.... what league eh...

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Don’t want him anywhere near ER

neither do i, BUT it would be pretty funny reading his twitter/whatever explaining how he was more than happy to come back to hibs as he really missed being around the place and that maybe ibrox wasn't as he expected

JohnM1875
27-03-2020, 11:20 PM
Flo won't be back at Hibs regardless of the Hun situ. The guys thought he was better than us for a good while now.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2020, 11:21 PM
Was it him that started the saying “ WE DONT DO WALKING AWAY”

i thought it was sally McCoist, just after he wanted to know the names(and addresses) of all those that had wronged sevco

The 90+2
27-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Douglas Park will bail them out. He will get full control of the club.

HoboHarry
27-03-2020, 11:29 PM

Doubt it. His business will suffer too in this mess....

DetroitHibs
28-03-2020, 04:30 AM
Both Huns will get out of this more or less scott free, same as it always was.

Steve20
28-03-2020, 05:05 AM
They’re in real trouble, there’s no doubt about that.

But the ‘Sevco’ thing has run its course. It was mildly amusing for about ten minutes, but 8 years later? They’re the Huns. Same with calling Hearts the Yams or worse, the Duncans.

Hibs4185
28-03-2020, 05:08 AM

He’s probably already pumped in £10 million for some worthless shares. I can’t see him being prepared to pump I’m another £10 million to be in the same position again.

Some sort of admin event, clear the decks and start afresh with that new £10 million would be much better. It’s whether they want to swallow their pride and allow another admin event is the question.

Waxy
28-03-2020, 06:05 AM
Both Huns will get out of this more or less scott free, same as it always was.

Normally yes.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 06:20 AM
He’s probably already pumped in £10 million for some worthless shares. I can’t see him being prepared to pump I’m another £10 million to be in the same position again.

Some sort of admin event, clear the decks and start afresh with that new £10 million would be much better. It’s whether they want to swallow their pride and allow another admin event is the question.

Only an admin event could get rid of Ashley. It is their best option and has been for some time now.

hibsforeurope
28-03-2020, 06:55 AM
Only an admin event could get rid of Ashley. It is their best option and has been for some time now.

Ironically with his record of buying up failing companies he might gain full control.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 07:05 AM
Ironically with his record of buying up failing companies he might gain full control.

He’s going to have lots to choose from over the coming months.

lapsedhibee
28-03-2020, 07:15 AM
i thought it was sally McCoist, just after he wanted to know the names(and addresses) of all those that had wronged sevco

:agree:

BoomtownHibees
28-03-2020, 07:52 AM

But the ‘Sevco’ thing has run its course. It was mildly amusing for about ten minutes, but 8 years later? They’re the Huns. Same with calling Hearts the Yams or worse, the Duncans.

It’s nothing similar at all

jacomo
28-03-2020, 08:00 AM

Cool, call them what you want.

I will continue to do so.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 08:28 AM

I will continue to do so.Sevco it will always be for me, it was the first name the new boys chose when they appeared, so there's a bit of tradition as well which seems to be important down Ibrox way.

Huns is good as well, it's okay to have more than one name for them.

Eyrie
28-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Sevco it will always be for me, it was the first name the new boys chose when they appeared, so there's a bit of tradition as well which seems to be important down Ibrox way.

Huns is good as well, it's okay to have more than one name for them.

I use Sevco for that particular club and Huns for the fan base they inherited from the former club.

LancsHibs
28-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Douglas Park will bail them out.

Is that were The The Rangers will be playing next season?😁

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 08:50 AM
I use Sevco for that particular club and Huns for the fan base they inherited from the former club.Works for me[emoji106]

They, and their acolytes seem to float between the past and the present when it suits, so why not?

jax67
28-03-2020, 08:50 AM
We could call them Shearts

Humbos?

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Humbos?[emoji16]

Huncans?

Since90+2
28-03-2020, 09:04 AM

I will continue to do so.

Sevco for me too. For the simple fact probably annoys their animal fans more than anything else.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2020, 09:14 AM
I don't mind the whole Sevco thing most of the time.

There is nothing worse when you get a total twat in the pub though and the conversation goes something like this:

'What time is the Rangers game on?'

'Don't you mean THE Rangers?'

'whatever, what time?'

'Are you sure you didn't mean to say Sevco?'

**** off. It's quite funny as a throaway quip. When you start being a pedantic erse about it it's about as funny as toothache.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2020, 09:19 AM
I don't mind the whole Sevco thing most of the time.

There is nothing worse when you get a total twat in the pub though and the conversation goes something like this:

'What time is the Rangers game on?'

'Don't you mean THE Rangers?'

'whatever, what time?'

'Are you sure you didn't mean to say Sevco?'

**** off. It's quite funny as a throaway quip. When you start being a pedantic erse about it it's about as funny as toothache.

If you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

PatHead
28-03-2020, 09:22 AM

Yip. I flit between sevco, the new club and the the Rangers depending on the company. Bring up the Petrofac Cup too.

Love winding the the Huns up.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2020, 09:25 AM

I just don't really care enough. It's a bit of fun winding them up at games but I don't have any Rangers supporting friends to wind up outside that setting.

For me the Rangers I hate now is to all intents and purposes the same institution I hated 10 and 20 years ago. Financial and business law doesn't really change that. Correcting people for not referring to them as The Rangers just seems a bit daft to me, particularly when there are no Rangers fans present. How does that 'wind them up'?

Let's be honest everyone treats Rangers as the same club by their actions and feelings towards them.

Tomsk
28-03-2020, 10:05 AM
I just don't really care enough. It's a bit of fun winding them up at games but I don't have any Rangers supporting friends to wind up outside that setting.

For me the Rangers I hate now is to all intents and purposes the same institution I hated 10 and 20 years ago. Financial and business law doesn't really change that. Correcting people for not referring to them as The Rangers just seems a bit daft to me, particularly when there are no Rangers fans present. How does that 'wind them up'?

Let's be honest everyone treats Rangers as the same club by their actions and feelings towards them.

Whether we like it or not, in practice if not in law Rangers are the same club. Whenever I look I see a team playing in Rangers strips with Rangers badges and paraphernalia, called Rangers, playing at Ibrox, the home of Rangers, with their fans belting out the same old ditties like before. It looks like a hun, swims like a hun, quacks like a hun, etc.

What should have happened following Rangers' liquidation and what actually happened are two entirely separate things. Thank the SFA, Neil Doncaster, the Scottish media and the rest of Scottish football for making it all possible. Because we missed our chance. They did a number on us, and we're just going to have to eat it up.

I always think it's Scottish football's version of the last chapter in Animal Farm. We are the daft proles looking in through the window unable to discern the difference between the old pigs and the Sevco pigs.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Whether we like it or not, in practice if not in law Rangers are the same club. Whenever I look I see a team playing in Rangers strips with Rangers badges and paraphernalia, called Rangers, playing at Ibrox, the home of Rangers, with their fans belting out the same old ditties like before. It looks like a hun, swims like a hun, quacks like a hun, etc.

What should have happened following Rangers' liquidation and what actually happened are two entirely separate things. Thank the SFA, Neil Doncaster, the Scottish media and the rest of Scottish football for making it all possible. Because we missed our chance. They did a number on us, and we're just going to have to eat it up.

I always think it's Scottish football's version of the last chapter in Animal Farm. We are the daft proles looking in through the window unable to discern the difference between the old pigs and the Sevco pigs.

They’re not. You’re repeating the lie and perpetuating it.

Centre Hawf
28-03-2020, 11:53 AM
I don't mind the Sevco or The Rangers patter as much as the next guy. And on here it's perfectly fine since it's a Hibs forum and we're talking about a bitter rival.

I think though when you see the folk on Twitter (usually with 1888 and a four leaf clover in their bios) who seem to spend their days only correcting people on it being The Rangers/Sevco/No Old Firm and replying to news stories about them with rage at the fact anyone could dare stop being arsed to talk about what happened 8 years ago and forgetting the whole world doesn't, and rightly shouldn't, revolve around their rivalry of awful point scoring.

Since452
28-03-2020, 12:03 PM

They're as much Rangers as Airdieonians are Airdieonians. They didn't get to keep their history. Wonder why the new Rangers did. To me Rangers are defunct.

hibbyfraelibby
28-03-2020, 12:09 PM
So at the end of all this will they be the same club, a moderately new club, a shiney new club or just dead? Asking for millons of friends.😉

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 12:09 PM
They're as much Rangers as Airdieonians are Airdieonians. They didn't get to keep their history. Wonder why the new Rangers did. To me Rangers are defunct.Agreed, for accuracies sake I often refer to the now defunct Glasgow rangers when anything relating to the history of the business that voluntarily liquidated itself arises.

It annoys the hell out of my Sevconian cousin as he's financially astute and gets the distinction.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 12:30 PM
It’s pretty easy to tell the difference. The old Rangers used to win things now and again, the new Rangers have won the square root of f all.

bingo70
28-03-2020, 12:36 PM
It’s pretty easy to tell the difference. The old Rangers used to win things now and again, the new Rangers have won the square root of f all.

Think you’re forgetting the Petrofac training cup

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 12:54 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji23][emoji23]

Agree, let's not over complicate things!

Keith_M
28-03-2020, 01:06 PM
If it looks like a Turd, and smells like a Turd...

The 90+2
28-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Doubt it. His business will suffer too in this mess....

True 👍

The 90+2
28-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Is that were The The Rangers will be playing next season?😁

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-03-2020, 01:27 PM
It's Sevco for me, I've never called them Rangers since 2012.

Their fans always have been, and always will be, huns.

lapsedhibee
28-03-2020, 01:31 PM
They're as much Rangers as Airdieonians are Airdieonians.

Liking that you've used creative spelling there to emphasise what happened to the old clubs. :top marks

Since452
28-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Liking that you've used creative spelling there to emphasise what happened to the old clubs. :top marks

Oops

Stonewall
28-03-2020, 01:45 PM
I'm wondering if King being cold shouldered meant he had to step down in order for Sevco to get any Government sponsored financial help?

That was my reaction although I wonder if King’s cold shouldering was making it difficult for Rangers to deal with other companies and financial institutions.

LancsHibs
28-03-2020, 02:23 PM

Great analogy. Well done sir👍