PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DOUGRAY SCOTT | ENIGMA NO MORE

RSS Bot
27-03-2020, 02:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10602)

Carheenlea
27-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Dougray Scott has for a long time been a well known Hibs fan, but i have to be honest and say I wouldn’t recognise him if he walked in the room, and after a quick look at his filmography I’ve not seen any of them! I think I only know his name from being a celebrity Hibs fan.

Any other fans as embarrassingly ill informed as I am on Dougray Scott’s career? :hilarious

Since452
27-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Good Glenrothes guy 👍

SquashedFrogg
27-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Watch Twin Town. Brilliant film. Although he wears a Hun top in it, he's superb.

Sammy7nil
27-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Dougray Scott has for a long time been a well known Hibs fan, but i have to be honest and say I wouldn’t recognise him if he walked in the room, and after a quick look at his filmography I’ve not seen any of them! I think I only know his name from being a celebrity Hibs fan.

Any other fans as embarrassingly ill informed as I am on Dougray Scott’s career? :hilarious

He is a good actor and been in some good stuff :aok:

Zazu62
27-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Watch Twin Town. Brilliant film. Although he wears a Hun top in it, he's superb.

Pretty ****ty city

Smartie
27-03-2020, 04:59 PM

That’s one of my all time favourite films.

It’s superb.

Seemingly Dougray got to wear whichever top he wanted for those scenes and it was his opinion that the character he played would in all likelihood be a hun.

I agree with his judgment.

ben johnson
27-03-2020, 05:05 PM
We had a contract to deliver and assemble tables
We had one in London and called the contact name to arrange a time for next morning. It was a woman’s name but a Scots guy answered. Arrangements made and he hung up. Curiousity got the better of me an nd I googled her name and it turned out to be Dougrays partner
Back on the phone to tell him two Hibs fans were delivering
Next morning he was brand new and very welcoming
Stood for 20 minutes talking about Hibs and he made some top notch coffee.
I sent him a text after 2016 and he promptly replied
When I googled his partners name i stumbled over his real first name.
I popped it into the conversation and he turned around and said “ How the hell do you know that even my Mum does not use that You are not going to start stalking me are you ? “
Loves the Hibs
I

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2020, 05:09 PM
We had one in London and called the contact name to arrange a time for next morning. It was a woman’s name but a Scots guy answered. Arrangements made and he hung up. Curiousity got the better of me an nd I googled her name and it turned out to be Dougrays partner
I popped it into the conversation and he turned around and said “ How the hell do you know that even my Mum does not use that You not going to start stalking me are you ? “
Loves the Hibs
I

cool story 😁👍

Aalborg Hibs
27-03-2020, 05:09 PM
He was meant to get the part of Wolverine in the X-Men films, but had to drop out due to shooting on Mission Impossible 2 going over schedule, they hired Hugh Jackman instead.
Bet he's kicking himself about that one.

Hibeewilly
27-03-2020, 05:14 PM
I popped it into the conversation and he turned around and said “ How the hell do you know that even my Mum does not use that You are not going to start stalking me are you ? “
Loves the Hibs
I
He was sitting in the same row as us at the cup final B about 10 seats along. Went absolutely nuts when DG's goal went in as we all did. Seemed a nice bloke

SquashedFrogg
27-03-2020, 05:25 PM
That’s one of my all time favourite films.

It’s superb.

Seemingly Dougray got to wear whichever top he wanted for those scenes and it was his opinion that the character he played would in all likelihood be a hun.

I agree with his judgment.

Interesting. Never knew that. Lost count how many times I watched that film.

Defo plays a shifty Hun character type though.

hibee_girl
27-03-2020, 05:30 PM
He was in Desperate Housewives, a classic :greengrin

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 05:39 PM

I think you're alone with that, mate

:greengrin

Smartie
27-03-2020, 05:56 PM

I was actually in his company on that famous day in May 2016, along with a couple of other figures who you would consider to be fairly recognisable amongst our support.

It was hilarious squeezing through the big crowds as we made our way round between the East and South stands before the game. Everyone recognised Dougray so you would get a wee gasp and a "there's Dougray Scott" and then you'd see them recognise a couple of other people who I was with.

There was a palpable look of disappointment every time as they got past the interesting folk to me tagging along behind.

WoreTheGreen
27-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Mr Smartie come on you canny leave us hanging who are the mysterious men

Smartie
27-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Mr Smartie come on you canny leave us hanging who are the mysterious men

Just a few former players and very minor celebrity fans but people who most people on here would recognise. It was half an hour before a cup final though and folk were excited.

WoreTheGreen
27-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Just a few former players and very minor celebrity fans but people who most people on here would recognise. It was half an hour before a cup final though and folk were excited.

Still hanging I know a lot of ex players so ffs give me something to tax my self because I am bore ****less as many on here are also

Lago
27-03-2020, 06:46 PM

Certainly looking that way 😊

Eyrie
27-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Checked Wikipedia and he's been in a fair number of productions. Despite that, I think "The Crow Road" may be the only time I've seen him.

Green Badger
27-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Remember meeting him in Athens airport on the way home after the AEK trip. He was happy to chat away and seemed like a really decent guy, think he had just been in mission impossible and a couple of major releases at that time, not sure how his career has been since then though.

Jonnyboy
27-03-2020, 08:19 PM
On the second visit to Athens, Paul Mitchell of the BBC and I shared a taxi into the city centre with Dougray. Very likeable guy :agree:

Carheenlea
27-03-2020, 08:31 PM

It looks that way alright :hilarious

He sounds like a top bloke and obviously a very successful actor - just that I’ve somehow managed to not see any of his performances on screen!

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2020, 10:42 AM
On the second visit to Athens, Paul Mitchell of the BBC and I shared a taxi into the city centre with Dougray. Very likeable guy :agree:

hope they bothed thanked you for allowing them to tag along 😁

Jonnyboy
28-03-2020, 12:42 PM
hope they bothed thanked you for allowing them to tag along 😁

:faf:

Mick O'Rourke
28-03-2020, 03:35 PM
I was actually in his company on that famous day in May 2016, along with a couple of other figures who you would consider to be fairly recognisable amongst our support.

It was hilarious squeezing through the big crowds as we made our way round between the East and South stands before the game. Everyone recognised Dougray so you would get a wee gasp and a "there's Dougray Scott" and then you'd see them recognise a couple of other people who I was with.

There was a palpable look of disappointment every time as they got past the interesting folk to me tagging along behind.

A number of years i was at a football tournament at Salvesen with big Mixu.
His son and my grandson playing

Went for a pint before the event to the Manse Road snooker club
As we walked in, one member piped up
Who is that big guy wae Mick O'Rourke ?

Dougray Scott talks all thing Hibs in this interview

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,904382,00.html

G B Young
29-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Good Glenrothes guy 👍

Indeed. I knew a couple of folk who used to be in the Fife Youth Theatre with him.

Keith_M
29-03-2020, 10:41 AM

Name dropping, Jonny?

Tut-tut!

H18S NX
29-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Decent guy,spoke to him in the Hibs club many years ago,Twin town,what a movie,scary end tho.

Gloucester Hibs
29-03-2020, 11:02 AM

He’d have just appeared in Mission Impossible 2 around then so his stock would’ve been pretty high! Met him outside the Emirates before the Scotland v Brazil game in 2011, nice guy.

Jonnyboy
29-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Name dropping, Jonny?

Tut-tut!

Not really given I flew over for the first game alongside Pat Stanton 😂