PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Questions

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 02:42 PM
There's a few threads on the go about the sale of Season Tickets from different angles and people have posted various questions, so I thought I'd started a dedicated thread for those.

--------

So, my questions:

When is the deadline for securing your existing seat?
Also, if I buy one now, can I move after the deadline has passed to one of the seats that are then freed up?

Thanks in advance.

:aok:

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 02:45 PM
There's a few threads on the go about the sale of Season Tickets from different angles and people have posted various questions, so I thought I'd started a dedicated thread for those.

--------

So, my questions:

Also, if I buy one now, can I move after the deadline has passed to one of the seats that are then freed up?

Thanks in advance.

Don’t know the deadline but you can definitely move your seat after it has passed to an available seat elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Don’t know the deadline but you can definitely move your seat after it has passed to an available seat elsewhere.

Cheers Ozy

Carheenlea
27-03-2020, 02:48 PM
Thursday 4th June the deadline for keeping seat (Fri 8th May Early Bird)

I doubt moving seat will be a problem after deadline.

JimBHibees
27-03-2020, 02:49 PM

--------

So, my questions:

Thanks in advance.

Early bird and payment plan deadline 8th May.
Seat deadline 4th June.

Assume possible these dates will change given current situation.

http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 02:49 PM
Thursday 4th June the deadline for keeping seat (Fri 8th May Early Bird)

malcolm
27-03-2020, 03:03 PM
This bit is ‘interesting’

‘Your season ticket is valid for SFPL Premiership matches only. Cup matches require an additional ticket purchase and we cannot guarantee that your usual seat will be available for home cup matches. In such cases, an alternative seat will be offered to you.’

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 03:07 PM
This bit is ‘interesting’

‘Your season ticket is valid for SFPL Premiership matches only. Cup matches require an additional ticket purchase and we cannot guarantee that your usual seat will be available for home cup matches. In such cases, an alternative seat will be offered to you.’

That’s the same as always? You usually get a few days to buy your own seat and then it goes to public sale.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 03:12 PM
That’s the same as always? You usually get a few days to buy your own seat and then it goes to public sale.

I think the poster's maybe querying why they can't guarantee your seat will be available. If there's a season ticket holder priority period as normal then if the season ticket holder buys during this period then surely their seat is guaranteed.

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 03:19 PM
I think the poster's maybe querying why they can't guarantee your seat will be available. If there's a season ticket holder priority period as normal then if the season ticket holder buys during this period then surely their seat is guaranteed.

Maybe it's changing to a priority period but you're not actually guaranteed your normal seat, i.e. it's basically a first come, first served for ST Holders.

:dunno:

green day
27-03-2020, 03:26 PM
Whats the £15 ticket exchange reduction about?

Not that I have any money just now, but when I was looking at eticketing it dropped mine fron £385 to £370 for this reduction???

kennedy
27-03-2020, 03:35 PM

Not that I have any money just now, but when I was looking at eticketing it dropped mine fron £385 to £370 for this reduction???

We are in a party of 6 and looking to move from FF Upper executive due to the pricing, can this be done online or do we need to go through the ticket office ?

Thanks

hibbymac
27-03-2020, 03:53 PM

Did you not "release" your seat for a game that was sold out and you couldn't attend ??

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Maybe it's changing to a priority period but you're not actually guaranteed your normal seat, i.e. it's basically a first come, first served for ST Holders.

I certainly hope not.

green&left
27-03-2020, 04:18 PM

I'm thinking it could be to have potential singing/standing sections for cup games similar to Aberdeen.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Just received my email from Hibs stating the following;

Wheelchair areas are priced separately, reflecting the limited choice of where wheelchair using supporters can be seated.

I know I probably bored a few people to death with my rants on the increase to wheelchair season tickets next season but I can't get my head around this.

Hibs have previously communicated that there will be another increase in 21/22 which brings disabled pricing in line with non-disabled pricing. Why is it being mentioned that wheelchair tickets are discounted for next season due to the fact that there's limited choice in where those supporters can sit, when the season after that there won't be a reduction? The same limited choice will be available.

Unless I'm missing something and it's actually ambulant disabled tickets which are going to be the same price as non-disabled tickets and the wheelchair tickets are always going to be a bit cheaper? :confused:

RossScott1991
27-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Will there be a 3/4 month payment plan option or does it have to be either pay in full or over 11 months ?

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking it could be to have potential singing/standing sections for cup games similar to Aberdeen.

I think that would be a good idea but some people seem to have an inexplicable attachment to their particular plastic seat.

I always think of that as "The Sheldon Factor" :wink:

Sudds_1
27-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Will there be a 3/4 month payment plan option or does it have to be either pay in full or over 11 months ?

11 months...just did ours today 😁

where'stheslope
27-03-2020, 05:05 PM
All seems a bit premature to be selling season tickets when no one knows if this season will finish or when next season will start?
With the Coronavirus not yet peaked in the UK, it could be months before we are even allowed to mingle again, never mind in crowds???

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 05:17 PM
All seems a bit premature to be selling season tickets when no one knows if this season will finish or when next season will start?
With the Coronavirus not yet peaked in the UK, it could be months before we are even allowed to mingle again, never mind in crowds???

That's the one question mark I'd place against the timing of this. There must be real doubts that we're not going to get a full season next year and if that's the case I can't see how season tickets can be sold at full price.

Unless, of course, the SPFL has given assurances to the clubs that regardless of when next season begins, a full season will be played. If that was the case though, I'd have expected Hibs to have advertised that fact.

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 05:51 PM
That's the one question mark I'd place against the timing of this. There must be real doubts that we're not going to get a full season next year and if that's the case I can't see how season tickets can be sold at full price.

Unless, of course, the SPFL has given assurances to the clubs that regardless of when next season begins, a full season will be played. If that was the case though, I'd have expected Hibs to have advertised that fact.

I mentioned this on the other thread, but it seems appropriate here...

There's been calls from many Fans, myself included, to put Season Tickets on sale. This is a Supporter led initiative.

The ONLY reason I, and apparently many other Fans want to do this is purely to help ensure the long term existence of our club. I couldn't care less if it's only ten games next season, I simply want to do my bit to keep our club alive.

If you feel that you can't do this, that's perfectly understandable and no one can have any complaints.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 06:24 PM
I mentioned this on the other thread, but it seems appropriate here...

There's been calls from many Fans, myself included, to put Season Tickets on sale. This is a Supporter led initiative.

The ONLY reason I, and apparently many other Fans want to do this is purely to help ensure the long term existence of our club. I couldn't care less if it's only ten games next season, I simply want to do my bit to keep our club alive.

If you feel that you can't do this, that's perfectly understandable and no one can have any complaints.

Nobody can question what anyone else chooses to do with their money. However I think if it's donating money to the club when they need it most that people are ultimately motivated to do (which I completely understand by the way), it may have been an idea to do this through HSL or some other similar scheme.

I think attempting to raise these funds through season ticket sales, when there's so much uncertainty about what supporters are going to be watching next season, maybe won't result in the numbers the club will be hoping for.

I'm not pretending that anyone at Hibs will be taking this lightly and I'm sure a lot of thought has gone into this before it was launched. It's a difficult time for everyone. If anyone can afford to pay for a season ticket and they don't care what next season will look like then no-one can say fairer than that.

I do think it's a shame that, in just over two months, people may end up losing their seat that they've had for many years through no fault of their own.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 06:36 PM
The season will start in August, I’m sure of that. The lockdown has a limited shelf life before economics takes over. Life needs to go on and the country will need to go back to work. I don’t think there will be a second lockdown. The time spent now will be used to build up capacity in the health service, improve testing regimes and work on a vaccine. A second lockdown should not be needed. There will be enough folk immune to CV by then that it is not needed.
Football will begin again in August.

eaststandJJ
27-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Have renewed today. Was going to renew anyway but we need the money more than ever and i don't want to see people lose jobs or good players leave.

malcolm
27-03-2020, 08:23 PM
The season will start in August, I’m sure of that. The lockdown has a limited shelf life before economics takes over. Life needs to go on and the country will need to go back to work. I don’t think there will be a second lockdown. The time spent now will be used to build up capacity in the health service, improve testing regimes and work on a vaccine. A second lockdown should not be needed. There will be enough folk immune to CV by then that it is not needed.

There is most likely to be a tightening again of restrictions after any future relaxation ( experience has shown elsewhere this to be likely). For example any ban on gatherings of folk over 50 or 500 would not be a lockdown as we are now experiencing it but would be an issue for spectating at professional sport.

It is almost certain that there’d be no vaccine by August if normal protocols are followed but we may see the potential for large scale testing to show that a person has antibodies against the current version of the virus. This would be helpful but not yet enough I’d expect to say we’d have ‘herd immunity.’ Like flu this should not be considered as a single final version but reports indicate that it is slow to mutate so any initial vaccine should be effective against what is out there at the time. I hope you are right and we are watching the new season live in August.

tamig
27-03-2020, 08:47 PM

I think your view is naive in the extreme. None of us know. Not one of us.

SquashedFrogg
27-03-2020, 09:14 PM

So when does this season finish? Seeing as you know when the next one starts.

SquashedFrogg
27-03-2020, 09:15 PM
I think your view is naive in the extreme. None of us know. Not one of us.

Seems some do.

wookie70
27-03-2020, 10:52 PM

Hope you are right but there was little evidence of any of preparation in the 2 months before the lockdown and the rest is wishful thinking imo. Looking at what the scientists say there will be at least two peaks with the second bigger. We will hopefully be better prepared for the second but I imagine that will be another lockdown for a similar length of time. I'll get our 3 season tickets but I doubt we will have a season that follows along normal lines. We may get a full season with less cup games, no winter break and potentially no european games.

HH81
28-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Have Hibs confirmed this money will be used for next season only or will part of it be used to cover the shortfall at present?

Onion
28-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Nobody can question what anyone else chooses to do with their money. However I think if it's donating money to the club when they need it most that people are ultimately motivated to do (which I completely understand by the way), it may have been an idea to do this through HSL or some other similar scheme.

I think attempting to raise these funds through season ticket sales, when there's so much uncertainty about what supporters are going to be watching next season, maybe won't result in the numbers the club will be hoping for.

I'm not pretending that anyone at Hibs will be taking this lightly and I'm sure a lot of thought has gone into this before it was launched. It's a difficult time for everyone. If anyone can afford to pay for a season ticket and they don't care what next season will look like then no-one can say fairer than that.

I do think it's a shame that, in just over a month, people may end up losing their seat that they've had for many years through no fault of their own.

Very fair points. Hibs need to be mindful of the financial difficulties we're all having to varying degrees. To just publish the ST prices with a plea to buy, with little recognition of the amount of commitment they are asking of people is pretty cold and not the smartest.

Green Badger
28-03-2020, 10:02 AM
I do think it's a shame that, in just over a month, people may end up losing their seat that they've had for many years through no fault of their own.

This is a very good point, hopefully the club will consider postponing the date for existing season ticket holders to keep their seat who haven’t been able to renew yet.

Borderhibbie76
28-03-2020, 10:14 AM
This is a very good point, hopefully the club will consider postponing the date for existing season ticket holders to keep their seat who haven’t been able to renew yet.

If they dont I find it pretty cold tbh. I've been an ST Holder for years but no idea if I will have my job at other side of this crisis so am not in a position to be paying out 400 quid just now

where'stheslope
28-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Hong Kong relaxed some of the restrictions and the cases have risen there again, this is not a race against time, its a slog to save lives!!!!!

green day
28-03-2020, 11:05 AM
Did you not "release" your seat for a game that was sold out and you couldn't attend ??

Good point, when I was away skiing. Totally forgot !!

Power
28-03-2020, 11:20 AM
Have Hibs confirmed this money will be used for next season only or will part of it be used to cover the shortfall at present?

Good question - there’s no immediate shortfall but income before yesterday did stop completely - unusual scenario for any club. The monies at this time of year always helps for immediate and future payments, otherwise it’s eating into reserves.

Great shout and I’ll work with the club on finding that balance, they’ve already stated they will be flexible when it comes to deadlines. This dynamic situation will change a number of times in the build up to 4th June, flexibility is a sensible approach.