PDA

View Full Version : insensitive issuing season tickets no

familyman
27-03-2020, 11:35 AM
I can hardly believe Hibs are advertising season tickets now of all times..
We note the changes in pricing reverting back to zoned prices which was eliminated previously and sensible ,why go backwards?
We do not even know about unused credit or do we for our unused pre paid tickets..
Anyway this is the wrong time to issue them I certainly think it shows business first people second.
Last year we had the embarrassing label stuck on peoples seat when they had yet to renew, a gentle reminder ..they seemed to say but it did make some feel awkward.
Come on Hibs wise up.

green&left
27-03-2020, 11:38 AM
We note the changes in pricing reverting back to zoned prices which was eliminated previously and sensible ,why go backwards?
We do not even know about unused credit or do we for our unused pre paid tickets..
Anyway this is the wrong time to issue them I certainly think it shows business first people second.
Last year we had the embarrassing label stuck on peoples seat when they had yet to renew, a gentle reminder ..they seemed to say but it did make some feel awkward.
Come on Hibs wise up.

No-ones forcing anything. If you don't want to buy or renew skip past the emails and threads.

Real Emerald
27-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

I renewed mine to go to games obviously but also to help out the club at this terrible time. Not everyone will be able to of course but by doing so I feel I'm helping the club through a difficult time.

lord bunberry
27-03-2020, 11:43 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.
Rubbish, people have been asking for a while if they could renew in order to help the club out. No one is forcing anyone to buy now.

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Like all clubs we face a tough few months ... some clubs are going to be lucky to survive and sourcing income from any source, especially the main source is vital, we cant borrow money as Hearts found out the hard way ...... so what do you suggest the club does?

Daydreamer
27-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Renewed already. If you can afford it buy now. Hard times for a lot of people but Hibs come before most things.

CallumLaidlaw
Come on Hibs wise up.

The club have no income coming in currently. I’m sure there will be people that can’t renew right now so I doubt you’ll see a hard sell from the club but they need money coming in and there’ll be plenty that are happy to renew to help out so they’re quite right to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs1969
Come on Hibs wise up.
100% disagree with this. It’s well known that clubs are struggling for cash at the moment due to the Coronavirus outbreak so it’s absolutely the right thing for Hibs to take steps to get some money through the door whenever and however they can. You only have to look at the pigs ear our neighbours have made of their finances during and before the crisis to get an idea of how not to do it. This is very sensible from Hibs.

Andy74
27-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

There’d be no Hibs left after this if we didn’t carry on.

You can still pay for Sky, Netflix, Spotify etc which is just entertainment. Why not pay for next season’s football if you can?

If you can’t then you don’t.

NthCarolinaHibs
27-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Those that can renew will...those that can't at the moment, won't.... nobody being forced into renewing..💚🇳🇬💚

B.H.F.C
27-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Maybe the club will just keep running, and pay the wages, on fresh air eh.

TheSouthMoroccan
27-03-2020, 11:49 AM
It's not insensitive in any way whatsoever. Hibs have handled the whole thing with a bit of class, Ron's statement yesterday set the tone, people first, and Leanne has acknowledged that not everyone will be able to buy at the moment. Compare and contrast with our neighbours. I want to help Hibs, I want them to be there when things return to normality, so I'm buying my own and my sons today. Each to his own, no one will be critical of anyone not buying, its perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Tough times so I don't wish to be critical but...honestly there is no pleasing some folk.

CapitalGreen
27-03-2020, 11:49 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

That “business first” you mention is my football club, Hibernian FC and I am happy to purchase my season ticket now to help support them during this difficult time. I am fortunate to be in a position to do so but lots of fans have expressed a desire to help the club where they can do I believe it’s the right thing to do putting them on sale now.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2020, 11:50 AM
I can't commit just now but it makes sense for the club to make the option available to fans who can. A ST has never been about value for money for me, it's about supporting Hibs.

Ultimately it's a choice. If you can buy one and wish to do so then you have the option. If you are not in a position to buy or don't wish to then you don't.

As long as fellow fans display sensitivity to those not in a position to commit, I've seen a couple of comments that are borderline, then there really shouldn't be an issue.

Peevemor
27-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.Pretty ironic given your user name.

How many families do you think rely directly on Hibs for money to survive? Hibs are a business like any other and could easily go down the tubes if required to continue for too long with no income.

The club has said they understand that many people will be unable to renew at this time, but are simply asking those that can to do so.

Renton1875
27-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Like all clubs we face a tough few months ... some clubs are going to be lucky to survive and sourcing income from any source, especially the main source is vital, we cant borrow money as Hearts found out the hard way ...... so what do you suggest the club does?

I haven't read the announcement nor watched the video but I would imagine there'll be a pretty long deadline for renewing, so plenty of time to see what ends up happening with this season and plans for next season. Obviously, personal financial circumstances come into play but at the moment it's a good way to help the club financially if we're able to.

PathheadHibby
27-03-2020, 11:54 AM
No matter how careful you land these things, there’s always folk that read or take it the way it was not intended. I will renew today as very fortunate I can and will support my team who need more than ever.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2020, 11:56 AM
It's not insensitive to advertise your business?

SquashedFrogg
27-03-2020, 11:57 AM
I can't commit just now but it makes sense for the club to make the option available to fans who can. A ST has never been about value for money for me, it's about supporting Hibs.

Ultimately it's a choice. If you can buy one and wish to do so then you have the option. If you are not in a position to buy or don't wish to then you don't.

As long as fellow fans display sensitivity to those not in a position to commit, I've seen a couple of comments that are borderline, then there really shouldn't be an issue.

Well put.

These are delicate times for many. Some can commit, some can't right now. For some this may the first time in years they simply can't buy a ST.

So a bit of sensitivity required on this topic.

I do however think the club are correct to do this at this time though.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 11:58 AM
I understand the need for the club to put season tickets on sale and if people are able and willing to renew then good on them, it'll really help the club.

As I've said on another thread though, I do think a lot of people will hold off, even if they can afford it, until we know what next season will look like.

jeffers
27-03-2020, 12:04 PM
I suppose my only gripe would be the deadline for the early bird, I'd like to see that moved beyond May.

Since452
27-03-2020, 12:07 PM
I don't blame Hibs. No brainer really. If people can they will if not they wont. Extra income vital.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 12:15 PM
I can’t commit until I know the lockdown is over but as soon as things start to go back to normal then I’ll be buying my usual seats. All clubs will be needing to get their tickets on sale now.
Interesting that the investment in the stadium appears to be going ahead. This is great news. It’s going to be very competitive out there trying to bring in commercial income. Making sure we have the best offer out there will be very important.

gogs_t
27-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Agree with this. It's a bit of a rollercoaster for most of us at the moment and many are worried about their future finances and even whether they will have a job in a few months. There is no doubt the club need our help in keeping going and there are some who may feel they are in a position to renew straight away, but PB is right that sensitivity should be displayed to those who are not currently in a position to do so - no matter how much they would like to.

Personally, I'm not sure if I can commit at the moment. I do think that the new pricing structure should maybe have been scrapped this season in the circumstances - I know we were probably too far down the line to do so - and I must admit that I was disappointed when I went online to check how much it would be for me to renew and found it was going to cost me £95 more than last season for me and my student son for the same seats we've been in for about 14 years. But that's maybe for another discussion.

Stick
27-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Agree with most of what has been said. If you can, renew, if you can’t, don’t. If you’re not sure, hold off a bit until the picture is clearer. Nobody’s going to condemn anyone for the choice they make.
Personally, on a fixed income I calculate my expenditure at the start of every year and have an idea what I can spend. This year we will probably not have a holiday because of the virus, so feel happy to renew.

Gerard
27-03-2020, 12:31 PM
I think our club is doing everything to insure its survival.
The club and many others needs money to survive and if people cant buy season tickets then perhaps subscribe to things like Hibs TV Hibernian Supporters etc
Gerard

Wee Effen Bee
27-03-2020, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=familyman;6128392]I can hardly believe Hibs are advertising season tickets now of all times..
Come on Hibs wise up.[/
I renewed this morning. Wasn’t forced to - my own volition - but because I’m in a position to. I too have wondered about supporting my club at this time. I don’t care about being reimbursed for this season. I don’t want Hibs going down the same route Hertz have gone. Their ‘‘ahead of the curve’ take 50% wage cut or fk off deal, only a few days after the league was halted, had nothing to do with being prudent. It highlighted everything that is wrong with many businesses: sod the workers. Things may have to change but I want Hibs to emerge from this relatively unscathed and being recognised as a caring and compassionate employer - for all staff.

18Craig75
27-03-2020, 12:53 PM
If you can renew then do it. If not, that’s totally understandable given the current circumstances.

But the club needs help, hard times ahead. You can’t blame them for raising funds. I’d much rather stump up for a season ticket even though we don’t know when or how long the season is, than see staff and players on reduced wages, or worse.

Power
27-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Absolutely get both sides of the fence on this one. Football really isn’t important at the moment and Hibs acknowledge this in a number of comments within statements released. Priority number one for the club, behind the collective national effort to save lives, is look after their people - that’s all employees right through to supporters and the community.

Ive been very impressed with the proactive approach in the background to looking after their own in comparison to what we all see at other organisations over the country. Football clubs in Scotland are very influential - it’s the national sport, massive in communities, people’s lives and something they care about like an extended family member - the club has the energy to lead people back to normality from this and have really thought hard about what they can do big and small to do that - either positive persevere messages or asking players to contact supporters (the core group Ron highlights need a lot of praise in their direction to keep the wheels turning).
There is now tough decisions operationally, which included opening up season tickets despite the unprecedented times. Definitely not the same approach as previous releases, there is no pressure to renew at the moment and the club will be as flexible as it can - it’s moved the deadlines out and will pay the interest on finance payment plans (a substantial amount of money when combined per supporter). This provides the immediate opportunity for supporters that had been asking for that door to be open being available now for them to contribute.

Be safe, keep well, look after yours and the club will be there and ready when this is all over.

jodjam
27-03-2020, 01:06 PM
The early bird scheme should run until at least July. The next couple of months are critical to a lot of people and that may ease some of the pressures. I appreciate it may not work with PP but needs looked at

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Mentioned this on another thread. My problem is that our group will have to move out of the FF lower because we now don't meet the criteria for sitting there. I want to renew ASAP but because I'll now effectively be in the position of waiting until the renewal for existing seats period has passed it seems I wont be able to until June Anybody else with this problem?

Power
27-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Mentioned this on another thread. My problem is that our group will have to move out of the FF lower because we now don't meet the criteria for sitting there. I want to renew ASAP but because I'll now effectively be in the position of waiting until the renewal for existing seats period has passed it seems I wont be able to until June Anybody else with this problem?

Valid point. Ticket Office are all working remotely. Get in touch and see if there is an option available earlier than usual.

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Sorry but I completely disagree

This is in response to requests by supporters that want, and are currently able, to support the club in any way they can.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a Season Ticket and the reasons for not buying are well documented and well understood. That shouldn't stop those of us who are in the fortunate position to be able to help through a difficult time to do what we can to support the club.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 01:33 PM

Can you buy a seat in the price band you are going for and then on the day the seats become available, phone up and change them? That way you can buy at early bird prices, the club gets your money now and you get the chance to pick what seat you want as soon as you know what’s available?

Scouse Hibee
27-03-2020, 01:58 PM
It makes absolutely no sense for me to renew now even though I would like to. I have no clue if or where I will be employed after this. I could renew now and then find myself with a job that involves working weekends. Sadly I am out for now at least anyway.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 02:05 PM
It makes absolutely no sense for me to renew now even though I would like to. I have no clue if or where I will be employed after this. I could renew now and then find myself with a job that involves working weekends. Sadly I am out for now at least anyway.

That’s fair enough as well. A lot of folk will have to wait and see when the lockdown ends and we get back to normality. Totally understandable.

Fanforlife
27-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Valid point. Ticket Office are all working remotely. Get in touch and see if there is an option available earlier than usual.probably me being thick here but i cant see a disabled supporter price on list,ive checjed price for myself and carer but carer not quoted now as being a carer and his ticket to be £365? With mine being £185? As im still on full D.L.A and never been notified of any changes can i ask why this is or is it an error.?

Lago
27-03-2020, 02:27 PM
It's not insensitive to advertise your business?
And it is a business not a charity.

JammyDoidger
27-03-2020, 02:28 PM
There could be no football atall next season and I'd still buy a season ticket. I see it as a monthly donation to my football club.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2020, 02:32 PM
And it is a business not a charity.

Exactly, just like spotify, netflix and the likes as someone else said.

Power
27-03-2020, 02:35 PM
probably me being thick here but i cant see a disabled supporter price on list,ive checjed price for myself and carer but carer not quoted now as being a carer and his ticket to be £365? With mine being £185? As im still on full D.L.A and never been notified of any changes can i ask why this is or is it an error.?

Good question - the club sent an advanced notification to all registered disabled supporters.

Accessible ticket details are here - http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/ and Accessible Tickets drop down.

Carer/Personal Assistant tickets are still free for those that qualify.

“ A complimentary Personal Assistant ticket is available should the supporter meet the relevant criteria– see below for information.

Our Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, can be contacted to assist with finding suitable seating within the stadium and also to discuss in more detail how needs can be met through reasonable adjustment. Unfortunately, there may be a waiting list for season ticket wheelchair spaces if demand is high.

Personal Assistants

Supporters who meet the relevant criteria, qualify for a complimentary ticket for their Personal Assistant. However, Personal Assistants MUST accompany the disabled person to every match. The Club will make provision for seating for the Personal Assistant, adjacent to their disabled person. Personal Assistants are NOT permitted to attend the match without their disabled person unless they upgrade their ticket to the relevant category & price. The Personal Assistant should come to the ticket office to upgrade prior to a match and will be issued with a paper ticket. In situations where a Personal Assistant is for a wheelchair user, the Personal Assistant will NOT BE PERMITTED to sit within the platform area in circumstances where they have upgraded their ticket and are not attending with their disabled person. Seating will be allocated by ticket office personnel at the time of upgrading.

Disabled supporters who attend matches without their Personal Assistant may be subject to their season tickets being withdrawn.

A disabled person who has declined a Personal Assistant ticket must inform The Club so that a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan is put in place, in conjunction with The Club Health & Safety policy. This is in line with the Green Guide and ensures safe evacuation from the stadium. Supporters buying match day tickets only who wish to attend without a personal assistant can contact the Disability Access Officer prior to a match giving a minimum of two days notice in order for arrangements and the plan to be written.

Changes to Ambulant Disabled Supporters Personal Assistant Eligibility Criteria

An ambulant disabled supporter is a non-wheelchair using supporter who has a disability by mobility, learning disabilities, partially sighted/blind, hearing loss or has a hidden disability. However, this is not an exhaustive list and other disabilities may mean a supporter is ambulant disabled.

From 2020/21 season, ambulant disabled supporters are permitted to be seated in any part of the stadium. The criteria for a complimentary Personal Assistant will change effective 2020/21 season.

This means that an ambulant disabled supporter will no longer be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they are not in receipt of the higher rate of Personal Care or Mobility under Disability Living Allowance or the Enhanced Mobility or Living rate of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

The Club recognises that the annual renewal letter issued by the Department of Work and Pensions may not show the period/length of entitlement of benefit. We cannot issue tickets without this information. If you do not have the original or most recent award letter when renewing your season ticket and want to take advantage of the accessible ticketing policy, we must have proof of entitlement and ask you to make contact with the Department of Works and Pensions to obtain a copy. We are happy to hold a particular purchase for 14 days until you are able to obtain proof of eligibility.

Once this information is provided, we will record this against your client account so we have this on record and minimise the need for annual clarification and work towards online purchase for all supporters.

Other criteria who may qualify for a Personal Assistant

Attendance Allowance – for supporters over the age of 65 higher rate award levels.

War Pensioners – Supporters will be in receipt of the Mobility Allowance or War Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability.

Partially Sighted/Blind - will be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they qualify for the Higher rate of Disability Living Allowance – Care and/or Mobility or in receipt of the Enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payment. Alternatively, supporters must have a registration certificate (BD8 or CV1 Certificate) or other relevant evidence from an Optometrist. These documents should be provided on the purchase of a season ticket.

Deaf and hard of hearing supporters – confirmation in writing from a Consultant or relevant that an individual is included on their Deaf Register. An original letter from an Audiologist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 75-80 dBl.

The Club encourages supporters to provide feedback on any accessible issues. The Disability Access Officer is happy to discuss any issues and help wherever possible.

To contact the Club Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, please email abrown@hibernianfc.co.uk”

matty_f
27-03-2020, 02:43 PM
Actually can't believe this thread is on here.

The club have gone to great lengths to acknowledge the difficulties some people might have.

What's insensitive about it? What is insensitive is having a moan about it because it doesn't suit your individual needs right at this minute and ignoring the changes to the deadlines and the acknowledgments the cub makes about the situation everyone is in.

It's insensitive to think that the club won't need the income to support staff - not just the players, but across the business and it's insensitive to think they shouldn't put their main income generating product on offer for those who are in a position to buy it.

****ing nonsense thread, imho and well done to everyone who posted to disagree with the OP.

Fanforlife
27-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Good question - the club sent an advanced notification to all registered disabled supporters.

Accessible ticket details are here - http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/ and Accessible Tickets drop down.

“ A complimentary Personal Assistant ticket is available should the supporter meet the relevant criteria– see below for information.

Our Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, can be contacted to assist with finding suitable seating within the stadium and also to discuss in more detail how needs can be met through reasonable adjustment. Unfortunately, there may be a waiting list for season ticket wheelchair spaces if demand is high.

Personal Assistants

Supporters who meet the relevant criteria, qualify for a complimentary ticket for their Personal Assistant. However, Personal Assistants MUST accompany the disabled person to every match. The Club will make provision for seating for the Personal Assistant, adjacent to their disabled person. Personal Assistants are NOT permitted to attend the match without their disabled person unless they upgrade their ticket to the relevant category & price. The Personal Assistant should come to the ticket office to upgrade prior to a match and will be issued with a paper ticket. In situations where a Personal Assistant is for a wheelchair user, the Personal Assistant will NOT BE PERMITTED to sit within the platform area in circumstances where they have upgraded their ticket and are not attending with their disabled person. Seating will be allocated by ticket office personnel at the time of upgrading.

Disabled supporters who attend matches without their Personal Assistant may be subject to their season tickets being withdrawn.

A disabled person who has declined a Personal Assistant ticket must inform The Club so that a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan is put in place, in conjunction with The Club Health & Safety policy. This is in line with the Green Guide and ensures safe evacuation from the stadium. Supporters buying match day tickets only who wish to attend without a personal assistant can contact the Disability Access Officer prior to a match giving a minimum of two days notice in order for arrangements and the plan to be written.

An ambulant disabled supporter is a non-wheelchair using supporter who has a disability by mobility, learning disabilities, partially sighted/blind, hearing loss or has a hidden disability. However, this is not an exhaustive list and other disabilities may mean a supporter is ambulant disabled.

From 2020/21 season, ambulant disabled supporters are permitted to be seated in any part of the stadium. The criteria for a complimentary Personal Assistant will change effective 2020/21 season.

This means that an ambulant disabled supporter will no longer be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they are not in receipt of the higher rate of Personal Care or Mobility under Disability Living Allowance or the Enhanced Mobility or Living rate of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

The Club recognises that the annual renewal letter issued by the Department of Work and Pensions may not show the period/length of entitlement of benefit. We cannot issue tickets without this information. If you do not have the original or most recent award letter when renewing your season ticket and want to take advantage of the accessible ticketing policy, we must have proof of entitlement and ask you to make contact with the Department of Works and Pensions to obtain a copy. We are happy to hold a particular purchase for 14 days until you are able to obtain proof of eligibility.

Once this information is provided, we will record this against your client account so we have this on record and minimise the need for annual clarification and work towards online purchase for all supporters.

Attendance Allowance – for supporters over the age of 65 higher rate award levels.

War Pensioners – Supporters will be in receipt of the Mobility Allowance or War Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability.

Partially Sighted/Blind - will be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they qualify for the Higher rate of Disability Living Allowance – Care and/or Mobility or in receipt of the Enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payment. Alternatively, supporters must have a registration certificate (BD8 or CV1 Certificate) or other relevant evidence from an Optometrist. These documents should be provided on the purchase of a season ticket.

Deaf and hard of hearing supporters – confirmation in writing from a Consultant or relevant that an individual is included on their Deaf Register. An original letter from an Audiologist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 75-80 dBl.

The Club encourages supporters to provide feedback on any accessible issues. The Disability Access Officer is happy to discuss any issues and help wherever possible.

To contact the Club Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, please email abrown@hibernianfc.co.uk”Thanks for the prompt reply Kieron, think i realise what the possible issue could be after checking this seasins ticket it states Senior Access, turned 65 last year,however i still have a carer as still in receipt of full D.L.A for indefinite period,been same for last 10 years after having to retire on medical grounds,will still be on it for next season so my question regarding carer seems a valid one to me,after all i did not get better just because i turned 65.Many thanks again ffor your reply, hopefully you may be able to shed further light on this for me.

oldbutdim
27-03-2020, 02:46 PM

The club have gone to great lengths to acknowledge the difficulties some people might have.

What's insensitive about it? What is insensitive is having a moan about it because it doesn't suit your individual needs right at this minute and ignoring the changes to the deadlines and the acknowledgments the cub makes about the situation everyone is in.

It's insensitive to think that the club won't need the income to support staff - not just the players, but across the business and it's insensitive to think they shouldn't put their main income generating product on offer for those who are in a position to buy it.

****ing nonsense thread, imho and well done to everyone who posted to disagree with the OP.

:top marks

Fanforlife
27-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Personal Assistants

To contact the Club Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, please email abrown@hibernianfc.co.uk”hi again,just followed the link you gave,unfortunately still not showing up regarding disabled supporters,however think for some reason im not regarded in this group which is strange if correct as still have carer for this season.As for ambulant qualifications i certainly come under that,still have 2019 letter stating so,not recieved this years letter yet but will do soon,im on indefinite d.l.a so should still be the same.Unfortunately im on 12 week isolation with a few of the underlying health issuses told to do this so not in a position to visit ticket office in person.any help welcomed😁.

Spike Mandela
27-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Come on Hibs wise up.

I signed up. You are perfectly within your rights not to do so if you so wish.

CloudSquall
27-03-2020, 03:04 PM
The club has done far more than other clubs to support fans and the community during this time, and I don't see any issues in opening up season ticket renewal given that many fans support buying one early and it is a crucial way to support everyone who's livelyhood is connected to the club.

Power
27-03-2020, 03:20 PM
hi again,just followed the link you gave,unfortunately still not showing up regarding disabled supporters,however think for some reason im not regarded in this group which is strange if correct as still have carer for this season.As for ambulant qualifications i certainly come under that,still have 2019 letter stating so,not recieved this years letter yet but will do soon,im on indefinite d.l.a so should still be the same.Unfortunately im on 12 week isolation with a few of the underlying health issuses told to do this so not in a position to visit ticket office in person.any help welcomed😁.

Ah! I’ve lifted the details from the Accessible Tickets page (link from Season Ticket portal menu) and attached to this post.

A quick email to disabledtickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and one of the girls from the Ticket Office will get you everything you need.

Global Hibby
27-03-2020, 03:31 PM

The worry for me Matt is that if we use the money that is needed from tomorrow to fund today it’s a big concern as we won’t have the funds we need. I would like to know what the cashflow position is and as a member of HSL should we not know that. If we need cash let’s have a shareholder plan that provides cash. It’s arguable now that will all this uncertainty that if Ron lends Hibs funds that are secured then HSL should require the same security when it provides cash. After all we are shareholders and shareholders should be treated equally.

jingler1954
27-03-2020, 03:31 PM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Hibs are not making you part with your money they are giving you the option if you wish and are able financially to purchase said season ticket by all means do so. I am I have and I am delighted to be able to do so. GGTTH

Sudds_1
27-03-2020, 04:31 PM

This.....and i got ours today 😁

Sudds_1
27-03-2020, 04:32 PM
The worry for me Matt is that if we use the money that is needed from tomorrow to fund today it’s a big concern as we won’t have the funds we need. I would like to know what the cashflow position is and as a member of HSL should we not know that. If we need cash let’s have a shareholder plan that provides cash. It’s arguable now that will all this uncertainty that if Ron lends Hibs funds that are secured then HSL should require the same security when it provides cash. After all we are shareholders and shareholders should be treated equally.

Same for all clubs tho...not just us?

BoomtownHibees
27-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Come on Hibs wise up.

This went well

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 04:52 PM

The season tickets are actually late going on sale this year?

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 04:57 PM
This went well

:greengrin

I actually think this thread should be deleted and Kieran's info posts move to another thread.

kaimendhibs
27-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Just renewed

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

dp00
27-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Renewed ... my situation means I’m lucky and still get paid so it’s a no brainer .... like many have said hibs aren’t forcing you to do it but if you can then why not

For me season ticket is never about the money it’s about showing my support to the club

eaststandJJ
27-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Renewed today.saved up for it and Hibs need the money. Do not want to see people lose jobs or good players leave.

TrinityHibs
27-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Renewed before I can’t.

O'Rourke3
27-03-2020, 11:30 PM
It's a proper toughie. Some ST holders don't know if they can afford to retain tickets they've maybe held for decades, and that's a real shame. The club are taking a gamble on how far into the year they are prepared to fund the interest fee element(may be due to their contract) but they need to see what income they can raise at the moment.

My surprise is the offer of interest fee credit for any period, yet alone, up to May.

New ST announcements are not ideal but not unexpected. There are thousands of fans that cannot do it just now, but others that maybe can. As the old saying goes, those that can do - and those that can't hope the situation changes enough to let them do what they'd like. I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay at the moment but if there's no games next season due to Covid-19, I'd see it like a tile or a name on the 3rd strip. Simply a contribution to an institution I would hate to see no longer there. I'm no Uberfan, just a fan. as are we all. We do what we can when we can because we can't so any more.

:flag::flag:

erin go bragh
27-03-2020, 11:33 PM
I always renew early bird but as I’m self employed and maybe not getting money till June . Hibs are way down my list of priorities just now .

Buc
28-03-2020, 12:03 AM
I’ll be renewing soon and think the club are correct to be looking for cash now and as has been said if you can’t afford to renew now then no one can say anything against you. Personally in the last year I retired from my job of 30 years and took up a new job to top up my pension. That extra income has now stopped completely, I think it is safe to assume that there will me thousand of people in the same position as me who have suddenly had a significant drop in income. Therefor I would like to hear that the players have volunteered to take a drop in wages. It is probably true to say that most of them are earning way above the national average wage and we are after all meant to be all in this together?

poolman
28-03-2020, 01:18 AM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Show us a photo of the club holding your hand up your back

lucky
28-03-2020, 07:18 AM
Football is a hobby, a love, a way of life for many people. But ultimately it’s a business and it needs cash flow to pay its way. We live in such uncertain times, I truly believe we are facing a world recession if not depression in the coming months. Football like all other business will have to adjust and that includes the salaries of players, management and staff. Customers (fans) in football are not the same as a normal business and will want to attend games out of loyalty and love for their club but if there is little money around then football will need to adjust ticket prices to get punters through the gates.

Hibs have been very honest with supporters, and have made it look very affordable to renew, under £9 week on the payment plan but that’s all well and fine if your working and got a income coming in. I applaud the fans who have renewed, some were desperate to help but I don’t want to criticise the original OP as he was clearly speaking from the heart and is more worried about other things in life.

Football fans are all desperate to help their clubs survive but I do think that 1st team players should be looking to help as well. Most of our 1st team will be on more than £100k a year if not more with bonuses and signing on fees maybe it’s time they gave something back to the club as well to help non playing staff survive this crisis. Fans will always dig deep but we are heading for uncharted territories and maybe it might not be possible for fans to do in the future
#GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2020, 07:44 AM
Football is a hobby, a love, a way of life for many people. But ultimately it’s a business and it needs cash flow to pay its way. We live in such uncertain times, I truly believe we are facing a world recession if not depression in the coming months. Football like all other business will have to adjust and that includes the salaries of players, management and staff. Customers (fans) in football are not the same as a normal business and will want to attend games out of loyalty and love for their club but if there is little money around then football will need to adjust ticket prices to get punters through the gates.

Hibs have been very honest with supporters, and have made it look very affordable to renew, under £9 week on the payment plan but that’s all well and fine if your working and got a income coming in. I applaud the fans who have renewed, some were desperate to help but I don’t want to criticise the original OP as he was clearly speaking from the heart and is more worried about other things in life.

Football fans are all desperate to help their clubs survive but I do think that 1st team players should be looking to help as well. Most of our 1st team will be on more than £100k a year if not more with bonuses and signing on fees maybe it’s time they gave something back to the club as well to help non playing staff survive this crisis. Fans will always dig deep but we are heading for uncharted territories and maybe it might not be possible for fans to do in the future
#GGTTH

:top marks

Greenworld
28-03-2020, 07:46 AM
I was not amazed when I saw Hibs putting season tickets up for sale,however I was surprised.
Then I sat thinking why do such a thing at this time? What could be the rationale behind it who benefits.
I have to say right now I think its ingenious. We are all in the doldrums days are merging into one. Their is very little news on anything other than the dreaded covid.
Now we have hope for a new season now we have a focus an exciting time ahead to look forward to. We have a target to beat in numbers of season tickets . It matters not if we dont equal or beat last season but we can try we have a meaning to our day.
As momentum builds then a wave of optimism can carry us all to do something that makes us proud.
Hibernian is our focus our feel good factor ,right now we have nothing else. Let's be one of the clubs who back our team like never before let Hibernian be our focus our feel good factor let's cheer every single season ticket that's bought and celibrate it.
In fact I would ask the club to put one of these live counter things on the club page so we can see it go up with every purchase .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Onion
28-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Can see the OP point. Been a really tough season which looks likely to end early with no refund or remaining value to existing ST holders. For many, a ST is a big financial stretch and I've seen little to nothing from Hibs (or any other clubs for that matter) recognising the likely lost value. Their focus has naturally been on their own financial challenges in getting through this tough patch.

To ignore that possibility and go straight to asking folk to spend even more money, blind, is a HUGE ask. We've no idea what football will be like next season, and no idea what the outcome of COVID will be. We're in effect been asked to give a lot of money up front to a club with no security or promise. I can think of no other company in the world who could ask that of their customers at this time ! IMO, that should have at the very least been recognised in Hibs advert for next season.

chrisski33
28-03-2020, 08:37 AM
🤔🤔🤔🤔 is the op at it? Seems to have disappeared. Life has to go on and Hibs have handle it very well. Yes for some folk wont be able to afford to renew their season tickets and some will.
Theres always someone reasy to pop up and have a go at the club for what they do. In my opinion the club have done nothing wrong.

The dalmeny
28-03-2020, 09:28 AM
I always renew early bird but as I’m self employed and maybe not getting money till June . Hibs are way down my list of priorities just now .

It’s a shame you couldn’t secure an early bird with a percentage down payment. Paying
the rest in maybe august. You can only do what you can do. Look after yourself.

H18 SFR
28-03-2020, 09:42 AM
100% ready and looking forward to renewing.

I only have one concern that will stop me doing so, I want this season to finish with relegation and promotion from all division - regardless of how long that takes. If this season is scrubbed I think I will be reluctant to renew.

I just want to quantify, that like Jack Ross has said, I also want hearts to stay up as I really enjoy derby matches. This isn’t about them going down from my perspective.

This season finishes then I renew. Simples.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2020, 11:25 AM
100% ready and looking forward to renewing.

I only have one concern that will stop me doing so, I want this season to finish with relegation and promotion from all division - regardless of how long that takes. If this season is scrubbed I think I will be reluctant to renew.

I just want to quantify, that like Jack Ross has said, I also want hearts to stay up as I really enjoy derby matches. This isn’t about them going down from my perspective.

This season finishes then I renew. Simples.

Last season is over and I don’t need any kind of refund for the games that did not happen. I do need to know that the games that did happen meant something though. I would not be happy if the club were to say that it did not count but thanks for your money anyway. That would change my thinking considerably.

The Harp
28-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Good to see so much positivity and support for the club. Just a pity the thread was started in the first place, imo.

shetlandhibee
28-03-2020, 12:05 PM
There’d be no Hibs left after this if we didn’t carry on.

You can still pay for Sky, Netflix, Spotify etc which is just entertainment. Why not pay for next season’s football if you can?

If you can’t then you don’t.:top marks:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Can you buy a seat in the price band you are going for and then on the day the seats become available, phone up and change them? That way you can buy at early bird prices, the club gets your money now and you get the chance to pick what seat you want as soon as you know what’s available?

Yeh .... perhaps I was being a bit thick ... I presume the seats that weren't held by ST holders are available to buy now, if that is the case I'll buy one next week and change it later
:aok:

hibbyfraelibby
28-03-2020, 12:27 PM
I am in the fortunate position that my income is relatively secure in the current circumstances. With the lockdown and nothing available or worth buying on the shelves and no "entertainment or leisure" expenditure at the moment my weekly expenditure has dropped so perversely I am currently better off financially at the moment and can fund a new ST.

Appreciate a lot of Boomers in my position but also appreciate how precarious the situation is for a huge number of fans and they should weigh their options carefully.

Our club will still be here after this crisis passes. If you can support it, if you can't allow them to continue to support you as they have been trying to do in these difficult times and just thank god you are not a Jambo staring into the abyss.

Oscar T Grouch
28-03-2020, 12:40 PM
This thread could be used in a definition of trolling. Dropping a statement/starting a thread that they thought would cause a reaction or emotive responses then disappearing without posting again. They seem to have succeeded. If the OP feels that way I don’t think they’ve read or watched what has been coming out from the club for the last day or so, it’s obvious the club are in a difficult position given current world events but I think everyone on this thread reckons the club have dealt with it well apart from the OP. Whether we think it is or not, our club is a business with normal outgoings each month, to not try and mitigate that by raising income from their normal streams would be a dereliction of their duty. I’ve bought my ST because I’m lucky enough to have that spare in my savings account. If you cannot renew at the moment the club have said they’ll be as flexible as possible for those people. There was/is nothing insensitive about the issuing of ST info and pricing, nothing.

Keith_M
28-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Can see the OP point. Been a really tough season which looks likely to end early with no refund or remaining value to existing ST holders. For many, a ST is a big financial stretch and I've seen little to nothing from Hibs (or any other clubs for that matter) recognising the likely lost value. Their focus has naturally been on their own financial challenges in getting through this tough patch.

To ignore that possibility and go straight to asking folk to spend even more money, blind, is a HUGE ask. We've no idea what football will be like next season, and no idea what the outcome of COVID will be. We're in effect been asked to give a lot of money up front to a club with no security or promise. I can think of no other company in the world who could ask that of their customers at this time ! IMO, that should have at the very least been recognised in Hibs advert for next season.

Nobody is forcing you, so I don't see the problem.

For those of us that are in the fortunate position to be able to buy Season Tickets, it's very welcome.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2020, 12:58 PM
This thread could be used in a definition of trolling. Dropping a statement/starting a thread that they thought would cause a reaction or emotive responses then disappearing without posting again. They seem to have succeeded. If the OP feels that way I don’t think they’ve read or watched what has been coming out from the club for the last day or so, it’s obvious the club are in a difficult position given current world events but I think everyone on this thread reckons the club have dealt with it well apart from the OP. Whether we think it is or not, our club is a business with normal outgoings each month, to not try and mitigate that by raising income from their normal streams would be a dereliction of their duty. I’ve bought my ST because I’m lucky enough to have that spare in my savings account. If you cannot renew at the moment the club have said they’ll be as flexible as possible for those people. There was/is nothing insensitive about the issuing of ST info and pricing, nothing.

Indeed.

That's why its becoming a tiresome cliche folk posting here and elsewhere that 'football is way down on the list of folks priorities in these uncertain times' as if anybody voicing concern over the good health of Hibs or football in general for that matter was doing it in ignorance of the current state of affairs, or not taking it seriously.

All I can say is football not being a priority is pretty well a given just now, but that doesn't mean we need reminding of that fact all the bloody time or that it should stop mattering to folk. Coz if it or any other non vital to existence pursuits do stop mattering to people and the suggestion becomes we should stop talking about them or passionately caring about them, then we really have chucked it in.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Business as usual for me.

The Club has to prepare for when football comes back. They can't operate thinking it won't return, we are late this year in selling them in the first place.

Thought the statement and video was well balanced, and nothing wrong with timings etc. Renew if you can/want to, don't if not. Nobody being forced into anything:flag:

mcfly
28-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Business as usual for me.

The Club has to prepare for when football comes back. They can't operate thinking it won't return, we are late this year in selling them in the first place.

Thought the statement and video was well balanced, and nothing wrong with timings etc. Renew if you can/want to, don't if not. Nobody being forced into anything:flag:

The difficult part of this is no one knows what Is happening with this season. Will it restart? Null and void is not acceptable to me.

Still 8 games to play and the Scottish cup.

Scottish football need to decide what it’s going to do with this season.
Are they conjuring up reconstruction to save hearts ?

If it is reconstruction- how many games will u get for a season ticket?

Leadership at the top needs to be shown.

I’ll renew but I Want to know what is happening with this season and also what kind of league I’ll be watching

munchar
28-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Come on Hibs wise up.

Don’t see the problem in getting the info out there asap. People in the position to renew will do, especially when the club need the money most. Those who can’t manage financially just now won’t renew just now. As for looking for reimbursement for missing a couple of games, you having a laugh?

whiskyhibby
28-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Come on Hibs wise up.

Jesus, get a grip I have no issue with this and not fussed if I get a credit for this season, the club needs all the confirmed finance it can as soon as possible in the current situation

SingaporeHibs
28-03-2020, 05:04 PM
The club is doing exactly the right thing. The world continues albeit in a very strange way for most of us. I understand it’s harder (impossible for some) for some businesses to continue as normal but where possible the current situation should not stop those that can from progressing with plans for the future when life gets back to normal. In this case fans will act now and buy or wait until their personal circumstances become clearer. There is no problem with either choice But we all expected ST to be available and that’s what has happened. Good work from the club.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2020, 05:07 PM
The difficult part of this is no one knows what Is happening with this season. Will it restart? Null and void is not acceptable to me.

Still 8 games to play and the Scottish cup.

Scottish football need to decide what it’s going to do with this season.
Are they conjuring up reconstruction to save hearts ?

If it is reconstruction- how many games will u get for a season ticket?

Leadership at the top needs to be shown.

I’ll renew but I Want to know what is happening with this season and also what kind of league I’ll be watching

Valid points, sure all will be revealed in the not too distant future.

Still Smiling
28-03-2020, 08:59 PM

#GGTTH

Totally agree. Surely the staff will be getting up to 80% from the government scheme up to a maximum of £2500! So most folk could probably survive on 80% + mortgage holidays. Happy to buy my ticket to help the club but there are packages available to help everyone.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Totally agree. Surely the staff will be getting up to 80% from the government scheme up to a maximum of £2500! So most folk could probably survive on 80% + mortgage holidays. Happy to buy my ticket to help the club but there are packages available to help everyone.

The 80% thing isn’t that straightforward. Businesses can only claim it if you are furloughed. If they are still requiring you to work, it can’t be claimed.

lyonhibs
30-03-2020, 07:00 AM
I highly suspect this season will be null and void as that's what has happened down south at grass roots and lower levels (still to be ratified right enough) and if that's finalised I can see a precedent having been set. Not the outcome I want but with so much uncertainty and the very real prospect of conditions not permitting a return of football until late summer/Autumn I can see the temptation to just press the reset button.

chrisski33
30-03-2020, 07:05 AM

Op definitely trolling. Nowhere to be seen.

Since452
30-03-2020, 07:29 AM

Odd behaviour

Deansy
30-03-2020, 03:31 PM

I might be wrong but it could be because he's seen the replies .........

CapitalGreen
30-03-2020, 04:51 PM
I might be wrong but it could be because he's seen the replies .........

Look at his posting history, you’ll struggle to find anything positive.

A couple of months ago he was moaning about the lack of exciting plans from RG. After the plans were announced he was moaning about the club plans saying we should be focusing on football.

Keith_M
30-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Odd behaviour

I seriously think this thread should be deleted.

It's bad enough having to put up with posts from miserable gits at the best of times but we need it even less now.

chrisski33
30-03-2020, 09:12 PM
I seriously think this thread should be deleted.

It's bad enough having to put up with posts from miserable gits at the best of times but we need it even less now.

Yes i think ur correct