PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN

RSS Bot
26-03-2020, 06:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10600)

Vault Boy
26-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Glad that we've heard from RG on this, I wonder what difficult decisions will be made.

Bishop Hibee
26-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Strong but realistic words.

Brooster
26-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Great update from Ron and well done to him for publishing it. How easy would it be for the club to set up a fund and asking for fans to donate? It would surely raise 6 figures if the majority put at least a fiver in.

Sioux
26-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Reading between the lines, the additional expenditure announced at the AGM looks likely to be postponed, and rightly so.

Those funds will be required for ongoing operations.

Compare this with the rambling old trout along the road.

HibbyAndy
26-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Great update from Ron and well done to him for publishing it. How easy would it be for the club to set up a fund and asking for fans to donate? It would surely raise 6 figures if the majority put at least a fiver in.

I'm in

Pretty Boy
26-03-2020, 06:11 PM
I think the club will be rightfully wary of asking fans to stump up cash at a time of such uncertaitity. It may well happen but it will be treated very delicately.

I wonder if the difficult decisions may involve taking on some external debt to see us through the coming weeks and months. Pure speculation on my part obviously.

KingPat4
26-03-2020, 06:28 PM
I would gladly buy a new season ticket now if that helps.

Ron sounds like a true leader, rather than that crazy old bat along the road......,

Waxy
26-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Maybe a direct debit fans scheme to maybe claw back most of the losses over a year or two once this ends and we find out the losses?
I’d be in for something like that.

Sudds_1
26-03-2020, 06:32 PM
I would gladly buy a new season ticket now if that helps.

Ron sounds like a true leader, rather than that crazy old bat along the road......,

Me too....👍

Sir David Gray
26-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Just received my email.

KingPat4
26-03-2020, 06:40 PM
Just received my email.

Me too.

S4uzee
26-03-2020, 06:48 PM

Great idea. I would definitely pay in

jakedance
26-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Good statement. I’m sure the club will be looking for our help but they’ve got a sense of perspective at a time when most folk have a lot more to worry about than football.

tamig
26-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Excellent statement and a refreshing change from the drivel that comes out from the other side of the city.

liongard82
26-03-2020, 06:51 PM
I’d be happy for a season ticket direct debit monthly scheme to start now . That’s what, about 35 quid a month per adult ticket approx. Starting now.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2020, 07:03 PM
I’d be happy for a season ticket direct debit monthly scheme to start now . That’s what, about 35 quid a month per adult ticket approx. Starting now.

The £35 a month doesn't go to the club. A finance company pays the club in full and you pay the finance company back.

With the current uncertainty around completion of this season and the impact on next season I don't think companies will be queuing up to take on that liability.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2020, 07:05 PM
Statement doesn’t really say much to be honest. Just that times will be tough. We knew that anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
26-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Statement doesn’t really say much to be honest. Just that times will be tough. We knew that anyway.

That’s fine by me.

Staying in touch with your customers, even when you’ve got nothing to say is what should happen imo.

liongard82
26-03-2020, 07:24 PM
The £35 a month doesn't go to the club. A finance company pays the club in full and you pay the finance company back.

With the current uncertainty around completion of this season and the impact on next season I don't think companies will be queuing up to take on that liability.

I was thinking more directly with the club.

JimBHibees
26-03-2020, 07:40 PM

An awareness that the current situation will have an impact is imo a good message at this juncture given the uncertainty over where this is going.

Kaff
26-03-2020, 07:46 PM
I've a hunch we'll soon see a follow up where all (or a good majority) of the players will announce a voluntary reduction or deferment of wages.
If I'm honest, if managed correctly for each player so they can manage their own overheads, then deferring wages is something I hope can happen to enable the club to be stable until we see what is going and retain the other staff around the club.
Same goes for other high earners like Leeann, management staff etc.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2020, 07:46 PM
I was thinking more directly with the club.

I think that was asked before and it would see the club classed as a lender and as such bound by FCA regulations.

That could be utter nonsense but it rings a bell somewhere at the back of my mind.

Keith_M
26-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Could somebody possibly propose to the club putting Season Tickets on sale to those that feel they are able to help out?

It's quite obvious that not everybody will be able to buy them at this point in time but it seems that a few of us are able, and willing, to do so.

I honestly don't care if the Season starts late, or is a bit shorter than usual, I'd pay anyway,

jacomo
26-03-2020, 08:04 PM
That is a statement from a man of principle.

No bull, no ultimatums laid down to staff - but a clear message to all to stick together as we weather this storm.

GreenCastle
26-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Good statement and contrast to the our pink wee huns across the city.

Hibs should introduce a membership like a gym membership which is annual coming out through Direct Debits.

Would guarantee year round fund and renew automatically unless you contracted the club at the open window before new season.

Widhibs
26-03-2020, 08:20 PM
If it's cut or deferred wages I think it will be done on a case by case basis. As he says, should find out for sure in a week or so.

Power
26-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Could somebody possibly propose to the club putting Season Tickets on sale to those that feel they are able to help out?

It's quite obvious that not everybody will be able to buy them at this point in time but it seems that a few of us are able, and willing, to do so.

I honestly don't care if the Season starts late, or is a bit shorter than usual, I'd pay anyway,

That would be me 🙋🏻 clubs always 4, 5 steps ahead of me and thought hard about what options they have at the moment and what position we are all in this current world. Expect an announcement shortly.

Statement is a great reminder of the values talked about at the AGM and a good positioner that we’re ready for the challenge, will make well thought out decisions and display a lot of perseverance.

Main part for me -

“Although Hibernian is better positioned than most to weather the storm, we are far from immune. Unfortunately, other clubs are facing similar or even more severe problems. The loss of cash in the bank puts our Club under the most severe strain and threat. We have already begun making operational adjustments to impact our costs and will be taking further steps over the next week or so to mitigate the effects of the crisis on our Club. Difficult decisions will have to be made. But every decision we do make will be with two key priorities in mind, firstly to look after our people, and, secondly, to ensure the Club remains in as healthy a financial position as possible. It is not going to be easy, and we will need every part of the club to play its part to achieve this.”

Keith_M
26-03-2020, 08:29 PM
That would be me 🙋🏻 clubs always 4, 5 steps ahead of me and thought hard about what options they have at the moment and what position we are all in this current world. Expect an announcement shortly.

Statement is a great reminder of the values talked about at the AGM and a good positioner that we’re ready for the challenge, will make well thought out decisions and display a lot of perseverance.

Main part for me -

“Although Hibernian is better positioned than most to weather the storm, we are far from immune. Unfortunately, other clubs are facing similar or even more severe problems. The loss of cash in the bank puts our Club under the most severe strain and threat. We have already begun making operational adjustments to impact our costs and will be taking further steps over the next week or so to mitigate the effects of the crisis on our Club. Difficult decisions will have to be made. But every decision we do make will be with two key priorities in mind, firstly to look after our people, and, secondly, to ensure the Club remains in as healthy a financial position as possible. It is not going to be easy, and we will need every part of the club to play its part to achieve this.”

:aok:

The 90+2
26-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Keep safe Ron. GGTTH

The Spaceman
26-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Totally fair enough. We are better placed than 95% of Scottish Football to weather this storm, but we are by no means immune from severe impact financially.

Salisbury Hibby
26-03-2020, 10:32 PM
I think that was asked before and it would see the club classed as a lender and as such bound by FCA regulations.

That could be utter nonsense but it rings a bell somewhere at the back of my mind.That's true. It's a highly regulated industry. Hibs, quite rightly, should focus on the business of being a football club, not becoming a finance company.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

G B Young
26-03-2020, 10:40 PM
That is a statement from a man of principle.

No bull, no ultimatums laid down to staff - but a clear message to all to stick together as we weather this storm.

In stark contrast to the way Budge has gone about things. Glad we have Ron at the helm.

Frankhfc
26-03-2020, 10:52 PM
In stark contrast to the way Budge has gone about things. Glad we have Ron at the helm.

Yep.

Hearts tactics of pleading poverty backfired massively after the contacting agents e-mail was leaked. It must have felt like a slap on the face to the clubs employees. The latest communication today was the old trying to shut the stable door scenario and it was pathetic really. The damage had already been done.

Ron's statement on the other hand was both pragmatic and thoughtful.

The 90+2
26-03-2020, 10:56 PM
Yep.

Hearts tactics of pleading poverty backfired massively after the contacting agents e-mail was leaked. It must have felt like a slap on the face to the clubs employees. The latest communication today was the old trying to shut the stable door scenario and it was pathetic really. The damage had already been done.

Ron's statement on the other hand was both pragmatic and thoughtful.

It shouldn’t be any kind of competition. Leave that old fart Budge with her comments and statements, on her pedestal that’s created for herself.

CloudSquall
27-03-2020, 12:33 AM
Yeah for me it was an honest assessment of the current situation with no BS, it was what was needed at this time.

Frankhfc
27-03-2020, 12:39 AM
Yeah for me it was an honest assessment of the current situation with no BS, it was what was needed at this time.

I agree. No political spin, no bs, no hidden agenda, simply a message of truth and pragmatism. No alarmist self serving selfish drama unlike the maroon soap opera.

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2020, 01:41 AM
No BS here, just an honest and realistic assessment of how things currently stand. A lot of comparisons are being made with Hearts, who nobody really would have had an issue with if they had taken this sort of approach, but they fired all of their guns at once the second the jobby hit the fan and it looked terrible.

We and every other club may well find ourselves in a similar situation to our Gorgie chums in the next few weeks, but at least we are trying to take a measured approach and genuinely sound saddened that the outcome in the next few weeks might be staff laid off and players asked to defer or cut their wages, rather than it being the very first thing we rushed to do.

I have the money sitting in my account now and if Hibs ask folk to buy season tickets, even with no guarantee when or even if all of the games will take place, I will be on line the same day renewing mine ..... This isn't about value for money or even entertainment, this is about doing everything to ensure Hibs get through this and hopefully saving the jobs of as many staff as possible in the process.

I don't know what the sketch is with HSL vis a vis how much money the have held back looking to purchase shares .... but as an ongoing contributor I would be more than happy if the shares angle could be binned for the time being and every penny held and which continues to be received is passed over to the club ASAP .... If that means HSL's legal status changing from a Ltd company to something else so that the money can be released then get it done I say.

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
27-03-2020, 06:04 AM
There are also quite a few Hibs fans itching to buy merchandise, I have said before, surely the online shop could safely come up with some safe working practices and get a much needed cash revenue up and running again.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2020, 06:53 AM
There are also quite a few Hibs fans itching to buy merchandise, I have said before, surely the online shop could safely come up with some safe working practices and get a much needed cash revenue up and running again.

No non essential workers should be leaving the house. We need to just sit tight.

James Stephen
27-03-2020, 07:02 AM
No BS here, just an honest and realistic assessment of how things currently stand. A lot of comparisons are being made with Hearts, who nobody really would have had an issue with if they had taken this sort of approach, but they fired all of their guns at once the second the jobby hit the fan and it looked terrible.

We and every other club may well find ourselves in a similar situation to our Gorgie chums in the next few weeks, but at least we are trying to take a measured approach and genuinely sound saddened that the outcome in the next few weeks might be staff laid off and players asked to defer or cut their wages, rather than it being the very first thing we rushed to do.

I have the money sitting in my account now and if Hibs ask folk to buy season tickets, even with no guarantee when or even if all of the games will take place, I will be on line the same day renewing mine ..... This isn't about value for money or even entertainment, this is about doing everything to ensure Hibs get through this and hopefully saving the jobs of as many staff as possible in the process.

I don't know what the sketch is with HSL vis a vis how much money the have held back looking to purchase shares .... but as an ongoing contributor I would be more than happy if the shares angle could be binned for the time being and every penny held and which continues to be received is passed over to the club ASAP .... If that means HSL's legal status changing from a Ltd company to something else so that the money can be released then get it done I say.

GGTTH

Great post

lucky
27-03-2020, 08:03 AM
Football and all other sports are going to see a massive down turn next season. We are just at the start of health crisis but the financial one is coming too. We could be facing a global depression. Football clubs and players are not going to be immune from this. There is no doubt the game will continue but lots of clubs will end up in administration or receivership but players will not be earning the same salaries as now. RG has said Hibs are going to suffer just like all clubs but selling a few thousand season tickets just now may only kick the can down the street from a few weeks. Hibs should sit tight on ST sales, if football goes bust then future ST sales will be important to allow clubs to restart and grow again.

Lago
27-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Football and all other sports are going to see a massive down turn next season. We are just at the start of health crisis but the financial one is coming too. We could be facing a global depression. Football clubs and players are not going to be immune from this. There is no doubt the game will continue but lots of clubs will end up in administration or receivership but players will not be earning the same salaries as now. RG has said Hibs are going to suffer just like all clubs but selling a few thousand season tickets just now may only kick the can down the street from a few weeks. Hibs should sit tight on ST sales, if football goes bust then future ST sales will be important to allow clubs to restart and grow again.
You've hit the nail on the head, the financial implications of Covid-19 are not really being spoken about at the moment, but undoubtedly to pay for it money will be taken out of the system by way of tax increases, unemployment & a general reduction in family income.
As you say football clubs, Hibs included, are not immune, I can see a return of part time playing staff, reduction in non playing staff & in general poorer standard of football. But the game will survive.

Hibs4185
27-03-2020, 10:16 AM
When you pay a membership to a gym, you aren’t financing the yearly cost from a lender.

Why can’t hibs have a membership rather than a season ticket? You could have a standard membership at £35 per month for 12 months or a gold membership for extra benefits at £50 per month which might include food or something as well?

If you miss a Direct debit then your season ticket doesn’t work?

Could have one for hospitality etc.

B.H.F.C
27-03-2020, 10:20 AM
When you pay a membership to a gym, you aren’t financing the yearly cost from a lender.

Why can’t hibs have a membership rather than a season ticket? You could have a standard membership at £35 per month for 12 months or a gold membership for extra benefits at £50 per month which might include food or something as well?

If you miss a Direct debit then your season ticket doesn’t work?

Could have one for hospitality etc.

Hibs need the money up front. This season, for instance, can you imagine how many direct debits would have been cancelled earlier in the season.

Col2
27-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Admins: any chance you can add and pin the season ticket announcement to the top of the board?

Fuzzywuzzy
27-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Without being paranoid is there a reason why hearts come out with their statements and cost cutting they are seen as trailblazing. We make comment and its put out as we're destitute

CapitalGreen
27-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Without being paranoid is there a reason why hearts come out with their statements and cost cutting they are seen as trailblazing. We make comment and its put out as we're destitute

Haven’t seen many describe Hearts behaviour as trailblazing.

Hibiza
27-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Well done Ron, an excellent statement.

tynehibs
27-03-2020, 11:54 AM

GGTTH

Excellent post NN, agree completely as a ongoing HS member, would be delighted if our contributions could be paid direct to the club

Fuzzywuzzy
27-03-2020, 11:57 AM
Haven’t seen many describe Hearts behaviour as trailblazing.

When it first happened it was spun as a positive. Wasn't until a week later that folk were wtf when they put out the email to agents