PDA

View Full Version : Barnsley to takeover Hearts

FilipinoHibs
26-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Now that would be funny:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18336157.barnsley-chief-hopes-takeover-cash-strapped-spfl-club/?ref=appshr

H18 SFR
26-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Hearts?

jacomo
26-03-2020, 09:09 AM
He sounds like a parasite, looking to exploit the current crisis to pick up assets on the cheap.

Scottish clubs should be very, very wary imo.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2020, 09:09 AM
New song opportunity for the flumps?

We're just a small team from Yorkshire, small team from Yorkshire.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
26-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Now that would be funny:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18336157.barnsley-chief-hopes-takeover-cash-strapped-spfl-club/?ref=appshr

Report says a Scottish premiership club, surely rules Hearts out

Ozyhibby
26-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Almost impossible to take over Hearts as it would need the consent of 90% of FOH members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
26-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Almost impossible to take over Hearts as it would need the consent of 90% of FOH members.

They don't have the shares yet. Budge hanging on to control things. She would bite a half decent offer. Give money back to FOH. Get loan converted to shares and brother paid off.

EI255
26-03-2020, 09:48 AM
He sounds like a parasite, looking to exploit the current crisis to pick up assets on the cheap.

Scottish clubs should be very, very wary imo.100%

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
26-03-2020, 10:07 AM
They don't have the shares yet. Budge hanging on to control things. She would bite a half decent offer. Give money back to FOH. Get loan converted to shares and brother paid off.[emoji106]

I can feel another song coming on.

Mrs doctor Budge, she does what she wants, she does what she wants, Mrs doctor Budge she does what she wants.

Pleasing, as they say.

Caversham Green
26-03-2020, 10:26 AM

Did they not recently vote that down to 75% despite getting less that 75% of the vote to do so?

Still makes the buy out unlikely.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Did they not recently vote that down to 75% despite getting less that 75% of the vote to do so?

They had an indicative vote to see if it was possible to have a full vote (if that makes sense). It hasn’t happened yet.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2020, 10:36 AM
They don't have the shares yet. Budge hanging on to control things. She would bite a half decent offer. Give money back to FOH. Get loan converted to shares and brother paid off.

FOH have a legally binding contract to purchase the shares. She can’t sell them without their say so.

Ozyhibby
26-03-2020, 10:37 AM
About the Barnsley thing, now would be a good time for anyone to acquire a football team (or any other asset) on the cheap.

FilipinoHibs
26-03-2020, 10:43 AM
FOH have a legally binding contract to purchase the shares. She can’t sell them without their say so.

Well they have handed over all the money but she is delaying giving the shares as she wants to retain control during this difficult time. We don't know if there are opt out clauses for natural disasters etc.. she was able to delay the handover. Who is to say she is not able to cancel the contract given extraneous circumstances.

gillythehibby
26-03-2020, 10:45 AM
well that's not gonna happen. If the massive "success" with Barnsley is anything to go by, Scottish clubs should stay well clear. Mind you, sevco might be an option for them soo:greengrinn enough

Bostonhibby
26-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Well they have handed over all the money but she is delaying giving the shares as she wants to retain control during this difficult time. We don't know if there are opt out clauses for natural disasters etc.. she was able to delay the handover. Who is to say she is not able to cancel the contract given extraneous circumstances.I think you both make good points here and also feel there's no way anyone connected to FOH has the guts to challenge whatever she decides to do next with their money, they haven't so far.

GreenCastle
26-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Hearts bottom and Barnsley bottom of current leagues - would be a perfect fit for success.

greenginger
26-03-2020, 11:03 AM

Might depend on on the way their Administrator wants to play it. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
26-03-2020, 11:10 AM
About the Barnsley thing, now would be a good time for anyone to acquire a football team (or any other asset) on the cheap.

Except bog roll and hand sanitizer 😉

Keith_M
26-03-2020, 11:52 AM
It says he's already approached two Scottish Clubs

I'm going to guess at St Johnstone and Hamilton

Seveno
26-03-2020, 12:11 PM
The forever gullible Jambos would bite his hand off.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Hearts bottom and Barnsley bottom of current leagues - would be a perfect fit for success.Two cheeks of the same arse?[emoji16]

weecounty hibby
26-03-2020, 12:46 PM
The forever gullible Jambos would bite his hand off.

Remember that time when some real dodgy Russian guy got told to GTF by Dunfermline and Dundee United because he was so dodgy and he then turned out to be a Messiah for the hard of thinking at Tiny tiny? How did that work out for them again? Fuds

Since452
26-03-2020, 01:11 PM
As well as both being bottom of their respective leagues, both clubs are as dull as dishwasher and about as appealing to youngsters as a day trip to watch the antiques roadshow being filmed. Would be an ideal match.

hibbyfraelibby
26-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Eh not any more they dont. Just changed their articles to 75% with some undue haste. Maybe now we know the reason for that and Budge's reluctance to part with the shares at this current time?

CloudSquall
26-03-2020, 01:44 PM
"We are open to creative deals" should be enough of a warning to avoid his offer like the plague.

Deansy
26-03-2020, 02:18 PM
All Barnsley have to do is to include the words 'Big' and 'Famous' in their sales-pitch and it'd be deal done !

superfurryhibby
26-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Well they have handed over all the money but she is delaying giving the shares as she wants to retain control during this difficult time. We don't know if there are opt out clauses for natural disasters etc.. she was able to delay the handover. Who is to say she is not able to cancel the contract given extraneous circumstances.

For all their admittedly impressive backing of their club, FOH have thus far got zilch back for it. I remember during some of the HSL debates on here saying how our fans had a tangible and significant stake holding in our club, although we obviously hadn't bought wholesale into STF's share offer, we had made a contribution that shouldn't be underestimated.

I think you both make good points here and also feel there's no way anyone connected to FOH has the guts to challenge whatever she decides to do next with their money, they haven't so far.

I reckon it's about time for FOH to wake up to what's been done with their money. The club are very reliant on their largesse, and will be even more so in coming months. It may well get very messy down Gorgie way.

danhibees1875
26-03-2020, 04:06 PM
All Barnsley have to do is to include the words 'Big' and 'Famous' in their sales-pitch and it'd be deal done !

Barnsley: "I have a plan for a big and famous club... Actually, it's more of a Hibernian idea"

Budge: "Now wait a minute, we're twice as big as Hibernian, just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it!"

Bostonhibby
26-03-2020, 04:17 PM
For all their admittedly impressive backing of their club, FOH have thus far got zilch back for it. I remember during some of the HSL debates on here saying how our fans had a tangible and significant stake holding in our club, although we obviously hadn't bought wholesale into STF's share offer, we had made a contribution that shouldn't be underestimated.

I reckon it's about time for FOH to wake up to what's been done with their money. The club are very reliant on their largesse, and will be even more so in coming months. It may well get very messy down Gorgie way.They'll get round to having a vote to form a sub committee to consider a possible wording of a strongly worded draft letter to Mrs doctor Budge, the draft can then go to the full possible letter to Mrs doctor Budge committee at their AGM next year for consideration under Any other business.

If approved it will go back to the full possible draft letter committee to do the actual letter.

And so on......

nonshinyfinish
26-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Barnsley: "I have a plan for a big and famous club... Actually, it's more of a Hibernian idea"

Budge: "Now wait a minute, we're twice as big as Hibernian, just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it!"

A monorail around the plaza!

ScottB
26-03-2020, 10:29 PM

By gum it’ll put them on the map!

ben johnson
27-03-2020, 07:14 AM
A monorail around the plaza!

A health and safety nightmare. After a number of lone clappers had been mown down it would be closed.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2020, 07:43 AM
A monorail around the plaza!they could just flatten the escalator to nowhere and use that as a rail track.

FilipinoHibs
27-03-2020, 10:22 AM
BBC reporting Hearts have rejected first bud from Barnsley.

Since452
27-03-2020, 10:31 AM
BBC reporting Hearts have rejected first bud from Barnsley.

Probably the most tin pot thing I've ever read

FilipinoHibs
27-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Probably the most tin pot thing I've ever read

Very funny they targeted them first��

Since452
27-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Very funny they targeted them first��

Yup a wee vulnerable club

Keith_M
27-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Apparently they're now trying Motherwell.

CMurdoch
27-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Apparently they're now trying Motherwell.

All Scottish clubs should tell this guy to foxtrot oscar

jacomo
27-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Hearts fantasy: they have a special relationship with Man City.

Hearts reality: owned by Barnsley.

Absolute nobodies.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Hearts fantasy: they have a special relationship with Man City.

Hearts reality: owned by Barnsley.

Absolute nobodies.I think it's much more likely they'll be owned by a proper big famous Yorkshire team. Barnstoneworth United.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DS9KXrRUZqtw&ved=2ahUKEwiaquvp27voAhWHUcAKHewnBKMQwqsBMAB6BAgHE AQ&usg=AOvVaw2b3sx9CNyQYRlQGJGPuN5j

Salisbury Hibby
28-03-2020, 05:32 AM
Reading the article, Barnsley wouldn't own any club. The two clubs would have the same owner.

I know it's nice to have a laugh at Hearts, but let's be accurate.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Just had a look at the Swiss super league, buy Hearts quick and it'll be some treble, they could change all the clubs names to Atlas, holding up the leagues.

superfurryhibby
28-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Reading the article, Barnsley wouldn't own any club. The two clubs would have the same owner.

I know it's nice to have a laugh at Hearts, but let's be accurate.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

To be fair, no one is really treating this story so seriously to be worried about accuracy. It's just having a laugh at Hearts, all good.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2020, 12:43 PM
To be fair, no one is really treating this story so seriously to be worried about accuracy. It's just having a laugh at Hearts, all good.Damn, you've outed me[emoji16]

AltheHibby
29-03-2020, 06:39 PM
They'll get round to having a vote to form a sub committee to consider a possible wording of a strongly worded draft letter to Mrs doctor Budge, the draft can then go to the full possible letter to Mrs doctor Budge committee at their AGM next year for consideration under Any other business.

If approved it will go back to the full possible draft letter committee to do the actual letter.

And so on......

Will the folder the papers are in be beige?

Bostonhibby
29-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Will the folder the papers are in be beige?I'll let you know if I hear anything when the Letter to Budge (colour of folder) sub committee report back to the main committee's.