PDA

View Full Version : Time to rally round the Club

Seveno
24-03-2020, 12:10 PM
If Hibs released the Season tickets now then I would renew immediately and hope all other fans would do likewise as long as they had guaranteed income over the next few months.

It would also be a good time for an appeal by HSL for those that can manage.

Apart from helping the Club’s cash flow, it would send a strong message out to Ron Gordon to help convince him that he made the right decision in investing in us.

staunchhibby
24-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Will renew as soon as released also

whiskyhibby
24-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Same for me

nonshinyfinish
24-03-2020, 12:55 PM
I agree with the sentiment of the thread and I've no doubt that large numbers of fans would be happy to renew early, but the club would have to be very careful with the messaging to avoid annoying/alienating those who will be dealing with unexpected financial difficulties in the coming weeks.

I think it can be done, but care is needed.

jeffers
24-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Agree with the sentiment, but IMO still too much up in the air with regards what next season will actually look like or when it will even start.

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2020, 01:54 PM
I agree with the sentiment of the thread and I've no doubt that large numbers of fans would be happy to renew early, but the club would have to be very careful with the messaging to avoid annoying/alienating those who will be dealing with unexpected financial difficulties in the coming weeks.

Hibs will be extremely aware of this and be careful to include the words 'only if your circumstances allow' in any advertising bumph .... at least you would hope so.

Without doubt I will renew as soon as Hibs release the tickets and if enough folk are willing or able to do that as well hopefully it will be enough to tide the club over until football starts again. Even then a good bit of cloth cutting may well be involved until the following season for just about every club.

Added to that, I doubt many clubs will go mental in the transfer market once its up and running again because the money just wont be there, with the obvious exception of mega rich clubs like those in the EPL and Hearts.

As others are saying .... This might not just be a chance to trial summer football, summer football might turn out to be absolutely necessary if clubs are to be up and running and earning money again as soon as the green light is given to start up again. For example, if that isn't until October or November no way are clubs going to wait another 7 months to open up again.

DaveF
24-03-2020, 02:15 PM
I suppose this could lead to a lot of game time for those younger fringe players if there is going to be little money to spend on transfers. For us it could be a great chance for Porteous, Gullan, Murray and some of the younger ones to establish themselves.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2020, 02:21 PM

Absolutely.

Tom Hart RIP
24-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Perfect time to join HSL if circumstances permit.
Won't be in the boozer anytime soon so saving a few bob.
Part time zero hour contract summer job cancelled for me but got a steady pension so happy to do my bit.

Eyrie
24-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Agree with the sentiment, but IMO still too much up in the air with regards what next season will actually look like or when it will even start.

Correct.

I'd want to know how many games I'm getting for my money before I commit.

TrinityHibs
24-03-2020, 06:52 PM
I will renew when asked

Tom Hart RIP
25-03-2020, 06:29 AM
Can I suggest that anyone who hasn't already got it should consider Hibs TV.
Loads of quality stuff in the archives plus up to date interviews and when the season returns, you get a first class commentary from Cliff, Keith and Dave.
Particularly when we are mostly all stuck in the house.
Great value for money.

greenlex
25-03-2020, 07:13 AM
I suppose this could lead to a lot of game time for those younger fringe players if there is going to be little money to spend on transfers. For us it could be a great chance for Porteous, Gullan, Murray and some of the younger ones to establish themselves.
Agreed Dave. It’s almost always in adversity that younger players get a proper chance.

jacomo
25-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Probably need a long renewal period so that those who want to renew but are anxious about finances have a good chance of retaining their seats.

JOD
26-03-2020, 12:24 AM
Right time for the club to sort out FF season ticket fiasco and start from scratch to get us some atmosphere in the place again.

1875STEVE
26-03-2020, 01:31 AM
there's few things im after in the club shop, so ive decided to buy something each week, to cover what would be my gate money, im patg, every 2nd week, and something small in between when it would be an away game.

already pay into hsl

neil7908
26-03-2020, 05:51 AM
If Hibs released the Season tickets now then I would renew immediately and hope all other fans would do likewise as long as they had guaranteed income over the next few months.

It would also be a good time for an appeal by HSL for those that can manage.

Apart from helping the Club’s cash flow, it would send a strong message out to Ron Gordon to help convince him that he made the right decision in investing in us.

The problem here is the part about guaranteed income.

At the moment who can honestly say that? I feel pretty secure in my job but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed I'll still be working into 2021. Right now things are so up in the air that the last thing I'm thinking of doing is chucking money at football when we don't even know when the season will start or what the league will look like.

jodjam
26-03-2020, 08:35 AM
After 37 years a season ticket holder and also buying family members ST's it's time for me not to rally around the club unfortunately. The CV has decimated my business and, if the leaks are true, I may not get the help required that the self employed need. I even tried to get money coming in by helping out the health service over in Fife but this will potentially effect any help I may get so I had to stop that.

If the situation improves for business and football and the league season is confident of a full calendar then I may renew but with the current uncertainty I have to look after number 1 and Hibs would go to the bottom of the pile.

I fear many others are in the same boat and ST numbers for all clubs may take a hit.

.Sean.
26-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Any reason the payment plan might not be an option cone renewal time? I’d imagine it’ll be more popular than ever in the current climate.

hibbyfraelibby
26-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Right time for the club to sort out FF season ticket fiasco and start from scratch to get us some atmosphere in the place again.

There is no season ticket fiasco in the FF, just a difference of opinion between the the club? Its owner and management, existing ticket holders and a self entitled overly vocal bunch of bullies trying to force through a change.

Bishop Hibee
26-03-2020, 08:59 AM
I’ll renew when asked but there will be a lot of fans who won’t be able to as their financial situation will have changed for the worse.

Blaster
27-03-2020, 08:46 AM
I’ll renew when asked but there will be a lot of fans who won’t be able to as their financial situation will have changed for the worse.

So will I and I think they should do it now. They should freeze last season’s prices now and hope to even sell 4000 to help tide the club over for a couple of months

Appreciate lots can’t do it but those who can may do so

Power
27-03-2020, 09:17 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10601

http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1243480656920838144?s=21

Brightside
27-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Season Ticket launched.

Heisenberg
27-03-2020, 09:24 AM

Leeann acknowledges this in the announcement today. Seen a few already take a dig at the club on twitter for launching the tickets. Don’t see any issue with it myself. Those that can will buy one and it’ll help the club.

Brightside
27-03-2020, 09:25 AM
Leeann acknowledges this in the announcement today. Seen a few already take a dig at the club on twitter for launching the tickets. Don’t see any issue with it myself. Those that can will buy one and it’ll help the club.

If it helps the club pay those that are employed by the club then it is 100% the right time to do it.

Col2
27-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Renewed. IF you can do it then let’s do it as quickly as we can.

nonshinyfinish
27-03-2020, 09:28 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10601 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10601)

http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/ (http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/)

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1243480656920838144?s=21

Well, I said they'd need to take care with the messaging and they certainly did. I haven't look at the details of the pricing, finance deals, etc, but Leeann's message is excellent. Well done Hibs.

.Sean.
27-03-2020, 09:30 AM
Finding it a bit slow to load on my phone - when is the deadline for the PP?

bigwheel
27-03-2020, 09:33 AM
I’m in for next season ......GGTTH

Pretty Boy
27-03-2020, 09:35 AM

8th May.

RoYO!
27-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Aberdeen have also launched theirs.

Pretty Boy
I can't commit at the minute but have no issue with the club launching the campaign.

It's a choice. If people are still working, have ample savings, are in a financially privileged position or are willing to sacrifice other things then they can buy now. If you are in none of those positions then don't buy. The club have stated they will be flexible with deadlines and so on. Like anyone you do business with speak to them and see what agreement you can reach.

A ST isn't an essential. If my situation improves quickly then I'll buy one, if it doesn't then Hibs will have to do without me for a year. I'm sure Hibs are well aware take up will be lower than it usually would be at this stage.

Power

Good question. Pushed out to May (potentially more flexibility on this). Interest free - Club will pay the substantial sum of interest for all supporters.

“When does the early bird offer end?
The early bird deadline is 5 pm, Friday 8 May. Standard prices apply after this time.

Is there a payment plan and is there an additional cost involved in taking out the payment plan?
An online payment plan is available for all non-hospitality season ticket sales. This is an 11-month instalment plan and available until 5 pm, Friday 8 May. To assist supporters, the Club will pay the additional interest payment charges owed to the finance company.”

JohnM1875
27-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Got knocked back from V12 for the finance option. So annoying. Never missed a payment with the 3 years I was with Zebra. Oh well, I tried!

Pretty Boy
27-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Got knocked back from V12 for the finance option. So annoying. Never missed a payment with the 3 years I was with Zebra. Oh well, I tried!

Email them.

They knocked me back last year for some reason. I emailed them stating I had viewed my credit report and saw no reason for a rejection and they approved me the next day.

JohnM1875
27-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Email them.

They knocked me back last year for some reason. I emailed them stating I had viewed my credit report and saw no reason for a rejection and they approved me the next day.

Worth a try! Thanks for the advice.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 09:52 AM
I can't commit at the minute but have no issue with the club launching the campaign.

It's a choice. If people are still working, have ample savings, are in a financially privileged position or are willing to sacrifice other things then they can buy now. If you are in none of those positions then don't buy. The club have stated they will be flexible with deadlines and so on. Like anyone you do business with speak to them and see what agreement you can reach.

A ST isn't an essential. If my situation improves quickly then I'll buy one, if it doesn't then Hibs will have to do without me for a year. I'm sure Hibs are well aware take up will be lower than it usually would be at this stage.

There's also the added complexity over what next season will actually look like and what we're being asked to buy.

I understand the club's need for some funds and people are free to spend whatever they like but I can't see there being a huge amount of renewals until it becomes a bit clearer as to what format next season will have.

Heisenberg
27-03-2020, 10:10 AM
There's also the added complexity over what next season will actually look like and what we're being asked to buy.

I understand the club's need for some funds and people are free to spend whatever they like but I can't see there being a huge amount of renewals until it becomes a bit clearer as to what format next season will have.

I’m not sure it’ll matter to that many people. As long as Hibs are around folk will pay to go and watch,12/14/16 team league or otherwise. The main issue will be financial for the majority I’d think.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 11:36 AM
I’m not sure it’ll matter to that many people. As long as Hibs are around folk will pay to go and watch,12/14/16 team league or otherwise. The main issue will be financial for the majority I’d think.

I'm sure personal finances are the main consideration for most people but I would be surprised if the possibility of us playing a reduced number of games next season didn't deter a lot of people from renewing their season ticket until things become much clearer.

Obviously a number of people will renew regardless of what happens and that's great however I'm not sure there will be thousands of people looking to renew when there remains a very real possibility that next season could be reduced by a number of games.

Eyrie
27-03-2020, 06:03 PM
I'm with SDG on this.

I'll wait until early May to renew at early bird prices, partly for my own cashflow but mainly because I want to find out what I'll be signed up for. I miss a few games every year anyway, so any reduction in games could mean tipping the season ticket with my own seat into poor value compared to walking up to what ever seat I can get.

TrinityHibs
27-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Just renewed. Hopefully I’ll see a couple of games next year. Still cheaper than being married