PDA

View Full Version : Spfl prize money

thebakerboy
22-03-2020, 10:24 AM
If clubs are struggling why doesnt the spfl pay out the money that the bottom team would get to all clubs now and if and when season is completed pay out the balance per position then.

greiggy
22-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Good idea. Or they could figure out the lowest position a team could mathematically get and award that which might be a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
22-03-2020, 10:30 AM
If clubs are struggling why doesnt the spfl pay out the money that the bottom team would get to all clubs now and if and when season is completed pay out the balance per position then.

Because the clubs can’t agree what to do and with holding the money concentrates minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
22-03-2020, 10:32 AM
If clubs are struggling why doesnt the spfl pay out the money that the bottom team would get to all clubs now and if and when season is completed pay out the balance per position then.This is already done in regular payments throughout the season, so the clubs will already have had most of it.

22-03-2020, 10:39 AM

I agree, I tweeted it to Sportsound a week ago but got no response. Also agree with the poster who suggested a day or 2 ago they could also pay out for the current placings now with the intention to finish the league when possible and just make any necessary adjustments at the end of the following season.

A 3rd way to do it would be to payout say 80% now and the rest when the season is completed and that would likely reduce the need for adjustments at the end of next season.

offshorehibby
22-03-2020, 10:39 AM
I know all clubs will have payments throughout the season. There is a chance the sponsors and TV companies are still to pay final balances meaning SPFL & SFA might still be waiting.