PDA

View Full Version : Sevco Statement re Ending Season Early

Kojock
16-03-2020, 03:55 PM
RANGERS are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.

I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams. For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland.

Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind.

We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.

We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.

Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson

jacomo
16-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Jeez... don’t they ever give up?

I’d maybe suggest Mr Robertson keeps a ‘watchful eye’ on the day-to-day business dealings of his club, because they are still spending way more money than they earn.

Sudds_1
16-03-2020, 04:02 PM
What else do we expect?...big huns supporting wee huns.i bet there's a few aprons being dusted down at the SFA as we speak.

truehibernian
16-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Methinks The Rangers have been told that the outcome will be Celtic champions :cb

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2020, 04:09 PM
No doubt that in the spirit of friendship, they will offer to play the OF derby on July 12th.

James Stephen
16-03-2020, 04:09 PM
Sporting integrity... are they serious??!😂

truehibernian
16-03-2020, 04:12 PM

I loved the 'run roughshod over people's lives' line.............were they as empathetic and supportive towards all the local businesses their previous owners fleeced years ago and did they repay them what they were owed when many potentially went out of business :rolleyes:

They really are a horrible horrible club.

Jim44
16-03-2020, 04:26 PM
He stops short of saying that RFC will join forces with HMFC in a court battle. I think it’s called keeping you options open. :greengrin

16-03-2020, 04:31 PM

Tell you what. We'll forget about this season when they agree that next season they're going for 1 and not 55. Plus that the EBT trophies get wiped from the record books. Only then can they talk about integrity.

truehibernian
16-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Tell you what. We'll forget about this season when they agree that next season they're going for 1 and not 55. Plus that the EBT trophies get wiped from the record books. Only then can they talk about integrity.

:aok::aok::aok: 100%

Hibs90
16-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind.

Or in real terms "We don't have the cash to refund you so aye"

Newhaven
16-03-2020, 04:43 PM
They can moan all they like. The chances of the games being played to an end are zero!

Standings remain as they are - they were never catching Celtic - and down go Hearts.

Any other decision and im through with Scottish football.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Obviously today’s meeting did not go the way of ‘null and void’ and they and Hearts are not happy. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackbenny
16-03-2020, 05:01 PM
They can moan all they like. The chances of the games being played to an end are zero!

Standings remain as they are - they were never catching Celtic - and down go Hearts.

Any other decision and im through with Scottish football.

They are playing to the supporters gallery saying what they want to hear.

Celtic will get the title, I ken it and you ken it (even Patsy Kensit lol)

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 05:07 PM
There are thousands of The Rangers fans outside Hampden right now, with pitchforks and torches.

Fortunately, it's p1ssing down with rain so the torches are no longer a problem.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/torches-and-pitchforks-gif-6.gif

Tomsk
16-03-2020, 05:18 PM
I loved the 'run roughshod over people's lives' line.............were they as empathetic and supportive towards all the local businesses their previous owners fleeced years ago and did they repay them what they were owed when many potentially went out of business :rolleyes:

They really are a horrible horrible club.

At least he used an apostrophe for once.

Logie Green
16-03-2020, 05:23 PM
No doubt that in the spirit of friendship, they will offer to play the OF derby on July 12th.

Surely a Hibs-Celtic Scottish Cup Final would be more fitting for that date? 😜

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2020, 05:27 PM
Did he really use the word integrity 😂

MyJo
16-03-2020, 05:37 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/53a76acaab99861323dad342acfe519c/tenor.gif

Kato
16-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times.

The "dark times" being their whole history since 1873.

Saying that they didn't stick by them when they let their club die or when John Greig was their manager.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

DaveF
16-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Loyalty - another tick for sevco bull**** bingo.

These statements never get old 🙂

Andy74
16-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Loyalty - another tick for sevco bull**** bingo.

These statements never get old 🙂

Credit to them for getting the word loyal in there.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2020, 12:24 AM
They haven't got a hope of catching Celtic and they know it ... FFS they would do anything to stop another Celtic title, sporting integrity my arse :faf:

I have far more sympathy with Hertz situation, who at least still did have a realistic chance of avoiding the automatic relegation spot.

Stonewall
17-03-2020, 01:29 AM
Do you think Stewart Robertson knows he issued this statement?

makaveli1875
17-03-2020, 04:39 AM
I'm glad they're cognisant of the uncertainty but it Beggars belief that they can't admit they have no concomitant chance of catching that particular club above them in the league

Gloucester Hibs
17-03-2020, 04:52 AM
I'm glad they're cognisant of the uncertainty but it Beggars belief that they can't admit they have no concomitant chance of catching that particular club above them in the league

Yep, Jabba’s had the thesaurus oot again.

hibsbollah
17-03-2020, 05:08 AM
It's to be expected from that shower.

Coronavirus is exposing the true character of people. This Rangers clown (i'm assuming it's Traynor), Karen Brady and her shameless bit of grandstanding in her Sun column the other day on one hand, to the classy, almost statesmanlike comments of Jürgen Klopp last week on the other. In society some people react by bulk buying soap and selling it online,others form community groups to help the elderly. It's the same in football.

Since452
17-03-2020, 05:21 AM
The Rangers/Sevco or whatever they're called should just be quiet and let the big boys do the talking.

Smartie
17-03-2020, 07:01 AM
During difficult times for the human race it is unsurprising to see certain despicable institutions attempt to exploit the situation to their advantage.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Maybe sevco and Hearts should form their own Breakaway league? Then again I'm sure Hearts would want to play sevco every week.

If it's just the two of them farting against the wind for their own selfish interests (again) they're probably best ignored and left with their combination of indignation and self importance while the rest of us recognise the times we live in and find the fairest solution.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2020, 07:40 AM
This is nothing, wait until the Statement League is suspended and then see how they rage as another title slips away from them.

Hi Heid Yin
17-03-2020, 07:45 PM
The nerve of that lot talking about "integrity".

Where was the integrity in wiping its dirty financially-doctoring hands of a debt running into multi-millions by legal and technical sleight of hand under the banner of Sevco, and to go on and hijack and claim the history and glories of the defunct football club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers, and expect us all to accept the newly formed 'The Rangers' as a continuation of the aforementioned Glasgow Rangers?

I have nothing but contempt for everything associated with The Rangers and all those who colluded and conspired with them back in 2012 and who to this day want us to believe that Glasgow Rangers FC did not become defunct.

Not one of these charlatans, indeed anyone, will ever convince me that we are not seeing 'The Rangers' approaching it's 8th year in professional football and a club that is yet to win a major honour such as a League Cup, a Scottish Cup, a League Championship or a European trophy.

kaimendhibs
17-03-2020, 07:59 PM
The nerve of that lot talking about "integrity".

Where was the integrity in wiping its dirty financially-doctoring hands of a debt running into multi-millions by legal and technical sleight of hand under the banner of Sevco, and to go on and hijack and claim the history and glories of the defunct football club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers, and expect us all to accept the newly formed 'The Rangers' as a continuation of the aforementioned Glasgow Rangers?

I have nothing but contempt for everything associated with The Rangers and all those who colluded and conspired with them back in 2012 and who to this day want us to believe that Glasgow Rangers FC did not become defunct.

Not one of these charlatans, indeed anyone, will ever convince me that we are not seeing 'The Rangers' approaching it's 8th year in professional football and a club that is yet to win a major honour such as a League Cup, a Scottish Cup, a League Championship or a European trophy.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fulshie
17-03-2020, 09:00 PM
I have to laugh at the first part of the statement regarding health and wellbeing when in reality its a fickle statement about the possibility of Celtic winning the league early. Aw diddums.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Big mistake by Rangers here.

If the season plays out at some point in the future then Celtic have legit won 9 in a row. No chance Rangers are stopping them.

If the season is null and void, and Celtic go on to win the league next season, they’ll still have 9 in a row but will claim 10. Even if they don’t win it next year everyone knows they’ve won it this year anyways.

However, if the league gets decided now, Celtic get 9 in a row but it’s tainted, or at least Rangers can claim that. They can point to the * in the history books and say that they could have won the league and therefore Celtic’s 10, 11 or 12 in a row don’t count.

Rangers should be clamouring for the league to be declared as is.

And Hearts should go down. Obv. :cb

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 07:13 AM
Big mistake by Rangers here.

If the season plays out at some point in the future then Celtic have legit won 9 in a row. No chance Rangers are stopping them.

If the season is null and void, and Celtic go on to win the league next season, they’ll still have 9 in a row but will claim 10. Even if they don’t win it next year everyone knows they’ve won it this year anyways.

However, if the league gets decided now, Celtic get 9 in a row but it’s tainted, or at least Rangers can claim that. They can point to the * in the history books and say that they could have won the league and therefore Celtic’s 10, 11 or 12 in a row don’t count.

Rangers should be clamouring for the league to be declared as is.

And Hearts should go down. Obv. :cb

Whatever way it's decided, they'll still claim the moon is made of green cheese... obvious evidence of it all being a papist conspiracy.