PDA

View Full Version : You'll Never Believe Jim Traynor's Replacement...

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 03:49 PM
The Rangers have a new PR chief, a replacement for Jim Traynor.

Welcome news, you'd imagine, but only until you find out who his replacement is....

-----
"A DUP councillor and senior Orange Order figure is to quit his role on Belfast City Council to take up the role as head of communications at Rangers.
Mr Graham, who is a ‘worshipful master’ in the Order according to his registered list of interests, is one of the most senior members of the George Telford Memorial Orange Lodge.

The organisation drew criticism last year after allowing guests from the Govan Protestant Boys to march through Belfast City Hall during centenary celebrations."

----- The Herald

(https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18309122.rangers-appoint-dup-councillor-senior-orange-order-figure-new-pr-chief/)These 'Peepul' are beyond parody.

:rolleyes:

WoreTheGreen
16-03-2020, 03:50 PM
This must be a wind up

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 03:52 PM
This must be a wind up

I have to be honest, I had to check the date to see if it was April 1st.

Jim44
16-03-2020, 03:58 PM
:greengrin

Lago
16-03-2020, 04:13 PM
I've obviously have not been paying attention, has Traynor retired, resigned been promoted to another role?

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2020, 04:14 PM
They won't need to fight Corona virus for 330 years

truehibernian
16-03-2020, 04:16 PM
I've obviously have not been paying attention, has Traynor retired, resigned been promoted to another role?

..lined up for the next Star Wars trilogy :aok:

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 04:17 PM

He leaves in the summer. It's in the article

The 90+2
16-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Change title to “you better believe it, Jim Traynors replacement”

HoboHarry
16-03-2020, 04:26 PM
With any luck the new guys first meeting with the press will be to explain why they've gone to the wall again.....

Kato
16-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Change title to “you better believe it, Jim Traynors replacement”I never believed Jim Traynor in the first place

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
16-03-2020, 04:39 PM
If this is not false news, it will help us to understand their "all inclusive" stance:rolleyes:

If only Carlsberg did irony.

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 04:54 PM
If this is not false news, it will help us to understand their "all inclusive" stance:rolleyes:

If only Carlsberg did irony.

"Everyone Anyone"*

* Term and conditions apply. Please see Subsection 1690.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2020, 05:33 PM
This him?

https://youtu.be/wxpYW_w5pgo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
16-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Hahahaha

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Perfect antidote to chance of their being a mass gathering at Ibrox. He will stamp on that kinda talk.

Since452
16-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Rangers fans will be lapping that up. The quintessential British club, we arra peepul, no surrender.

Deansy
16-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Just when you think they're run out of reasons to loathe/hate/despise/abhor/detest them ....................................

Just the Hun being the Hun - sticking 2-fingers up to society and modern-times !

Bostonhibby
16-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Ghengis Khan couldn't do it as they thought he wasn't right wing enough and Vlad the Impaler being dead was seen as a bad career move on his part by Sevco

Just a shame Prince Andrew had stepped back as he ticks so many boxes for them.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
16-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Just when you think they're run out of reasons to loathe/hate/despise/abhor/detest them ....................................

Just the Hun being the Hun - sticking 2-fingers up to society and modern-times !

Even allowing for common decency and respect for others, who don’t come close to deserving it, it grates with me and sticks in my gullet, that, on this forum, we are prevented from using certain appropriate terms to refer to these despicable beings.

Lago
16-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Didn't read it not a fan of the Herald.

neil7908
16-03-2020, 08:16 PM
They really are beyond parody

Cat Stanton
16-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Seems a reasonable chap....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239653932810539008

Joe6-2
16-03-2020, 08:29 PM
They make me sick, join the 21st century ffs

16-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Good god, just when you think The Thes can't sink any lower ... they do. They are an organisation from the dark ages.

500miles
16-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Are they still pretending that us referring to them as Orange is sectarian, rather than an entirely accurate reflection of the culture they give a platform to?

CloudSquall
16-03-2020, 10:42 PM
Adam Tomkins, Murdo Fraser and Annie Wells must be over the moon with such a staunch appointment.

Jim44
16-03-2020, 11:21 PM
Seems a reasonable chap....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239653932810539008

Is that really him? I thought it was a wind up at first. That’s living proof of the vile bigotry and ignorance of the majority of Rangers supporters. They are tarred with the same brush.

The Harp Awakes
16-03-2020, 11:38 PM
The Rangers have a new PR chief, a replacement for Jim Traynor.

Welcome news, you'd imagine, but only until you find out who his replacement is....

-----
"A DUP councillor and senior Orange Order figure is to quit his role on Belfast City Council to take up the role as head of communications at Rangers.
Mr Graham, who is a ‘worshipful master’ in the Order according to his registered list of interests, is one of the most senior members of the George Telford Memorial Orange Lodge.

The organisation drew criticism last year after allowing guests from the Govan Protestant Boys to march through Belfast City Hall during centenary celebrations."

----- The Herald

(https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18309122.rangers-appoint-dup-councillor-senior-orange-order-figure-new-pr-chief/)These 'Peepul' are beyond parody.

:rolleyes:

They're not even pretending to be respectable any more. If one good thing comes out of Covid-19, it will be Sevco's demise. Looking at their accounts we won't have long to wait.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2020, 12:14 AM
Good tae see the Rangurz statements about trying to eradicate sectarianism at Ibrox backed up by actions. This is like saying you are against building more motorways and then appointing Jeremy Clarkson as your publicity guy :faf:

lord bunberry
17-03-2020, 07:45 AM
Is that really him? I thought it was a wind up at first. That’s living proof of the vile bigotry and ignorance of the majority of Rangers supporters. They are tarred with the same brush.
I thought it was a wind up as well, apparently it isn’t. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Keith_M
17-03-2020, 09:55 AM
No Surrender! (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/footage-emerges-rangers-new-pr-21705124)

(Warning, Daily Record content!)

Looks like the video is real after all. Dunno why people are surprised.

Here's a wee extract, with quotes from the guy himself.

`Wearing a Rangers shirt while flanked by a piper, Graham references the Ulster Covenant signed in 1912 by those opposing then British Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith's plan for Irish home rule.
He says: "We as Rangers fans have that identity with unionism, loyalism and protestantism.

"I know when our forefathers went and signed the Covenant 107 years ago as it was now today, I bet you then republicans and nationalists were saying 'I bet the union will never last and it’ll never see 1920.’

"Well the union is still here and it’s still strong because of our fighting spirit.

"It’s very easy as Rangers fans and unionists to take the flack and to lie down, but our cry has been since 1688 and always will be ‘No Surrender’."`

Cat Stanton
17-03-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm not one for conspiracy thinking, but it's surely telling that of all American 'soccer' clubs Rangers could deal with, they choose one called Orange County: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50896434

(Apologies if this is old news - happened before Xmas but I missed it)

Hibbyradge
17-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Utterly depressing.

Keith_M
17-03-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm not one for conspiracy thinking, but it's surely telling that of all American 'soccer' clubs Rangers could deal with, they choose one called Orange County: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50896434

Total coincidence, surely?

Stonewall
17-03-2020, 12:16 PM
I’m sorry but I just refuse to believe this is true.

hughio
17-03-2020, 12:21 PM

No it simply cannot be true that people hold these ridiculous views in today's world..........can it?

:confused:

hibbymac
17-03-2020, 12:25 PM

:agree: I think the clue is in the article ..... "..The clubs will also share commercial activities. " :rolleyes:

A Hi-Bee
17-03-2020, 01:03 PM

This news was released a while back and sure a thread on this has been before.

Deansy
17-03-2020, 01:55 PM
Utterly depressing.

What's really depressing (but not surprising !) is the utter lack of condemnation in the media - one club, and it's always the same club, makes a mockery of our game and it constantly goes un-mentioned !

Wee Effen Bee
17-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Surely must be a place on the board for the most Rangurs of Rangurs fans:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aK21p8NEL8Y

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Surely must be a place on the board for the most Rangurs of Rangurs fans:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aK21p8NEL8Y

He's their new "Head Of Diversity".

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2020, 06:49 AM
No Surrender! (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/footage-emerges-rangers-new-pr-21705124)

(Warning, Daily Record content!)

Looks like the video is real after all. Dunno why people are surprised.

Here's a wee extract, with quotes from the guy himself.

`Wearing a Rangers shirt while flanked by a piper, Graham references the Ulster Covenant signed in 1912 by those opposing then British Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith's plan for Irish home rule.
He says: "We as Rangers fans have that identity with unionism, loyalism and protestantism.

"I know when our forefathers went and signed the Covenant 107 years ago as it was now today, I bet you then republicans and nationalists were saying 'I bet the union will never last and it’ll never see 1920.’

"Well the union is still here and it’s still strong because of our fighting spirit.

"It’s very easy as Rangers fans and unionists to take the flack and to lie down, but our cry has been since 1688 and always will be ‘No Surrender’."`

They let their club die in 2012

JimBHibees
18-03-2020, 06:55 AM
What's really depressing (but not surprising !) is the utter lack of condemnation in the media - one club, and it's always the same club, makes a mockery of our game and it constantly goes un-mentioned !

Did see a headline in the Evening Times indicating Rangers had made a mistake with the appointment (didn't read the article). They can obviously choose who they want and whose to say the guy isn't brilliant at his job though on the back of such an odious previous incumbent you would have hoped that a more obvious inclusive and less controversial appointment would have been the way to go. Doesn't say a lot for people like Stewart Robertson and others imo.

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Did see a headline in the Evening Times indicating Rangers had made a mistake with the appointment (didn't read the article). They can obviously choose who they want and whose to say the guy isn't brilliant at his job though on the back of such an odious previous incumbent you would have hoped that a more obvious inclusive and less controversial appointment would have been the way to go. Doesn't say a lot for people like Stewart Robertson and others imo.

"Jim Traynor's replacement David Graham is a PR disaster for Rangers"

The Herald (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18312936.neil-cameron-jim-traynors-replacement-david-graham-pr-disaster-rangers/)

Stonewall
18-03-2020, 08:27 AM
"Jim Traynor's replacement David Graham is a PR disaster for Rangers"

The Herald (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18312936.neil-cameron-jim-traynors-replacement-david-graham-pr-disaster-rangers/)

Terrible article. Just a defence of the big lie, a whole smelly heap of whataboutary over the new appointment and a bald statement that he doesn’t like Traynor without being specific about what he objects to or why it’s taken him till Traynor’s half out the door before making the revelation.

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2020, 08:34 AM
“What about the face painters?”

Kevin Bridges

JimBHibees
18-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Terrible article. Just a defence of the big lie, a whole smelly heap of whataboutary over the new appointment and a bald statement that he doesn’t like Traynor without being specific about what he objects to or why it’s taken him till Traynor’s half out the door before making the revelation.

Agree wonder if he got Jim to ok the content before publishing. :greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
18-03-2020, 08:41 AM

Exactly! Obviously doesn't want succulent lamb off the menu straight away, might be downgraded to Tesco Value now though.

Tomsk
18-03-2020, 08:46 AM

Sounds like he's bitter he didn't get the job.

Stonewall
18-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Sounds like he's bitter he didn't get the job.

Actually you may be right about that.

The best boss I ever had was someone I didn’t particularly like but I did respect them. That might have made an interesting article.

Not In The Know
18-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Agree wonder if he got Jim to ok the content before publishing. :greengrin

Its all about opinions I suppose, but I agree with a lot of what he (Cameron) has written. IMHO its pretty damming for The The Rangers and the people who are running them.

FYI The journalist is pretty open about being a Celtic fan.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2020, 09:07 AM
They let their club die in 2012The fans who " don't do walking away" walked away when the people in charge of their club decided to liquidate it rather than deal with creditor debt. Simples.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
18-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Its all about opinions I suppose, but I agree with a lot of what he (Cameron) has written. IMHO its pretty damming for The The Rangers and the people who are running them.

FYI The journalist is pretty open about being a Celtic fan.

Is he ? Sounded to like was saying he was a Rangers fan

Just reread and he is saying he is a Celtic fan, gives Rangers too much credit imo.

Not In The Know
18-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Is he ? Sounded to like was saying he was a Rangers fan

Just reread and he is saying he is a Celtic fan, gives Rangers too much credit imo.

yep I suppose so "For every “FTP” mouth-breather, there are 20 who don’t want anything to do with that."

Could be read as there are still thousands more morons in that support than any another non OF team!"

neil7908
18-03-2020, 11:50 AM
The issue here isn't Sevco fans, it's the club. Hibs have had some issues with a few dafties in the support and we've taken actual action by investing a six figure sum in CCTV to catch trouble makers.

Sevco just keep bringing out statements saying they are inclusive, respect all religions etc but don't actually DO anything. In fact it's the opposite, they actively pander to the bigoted element of their support whilst claiming they are doing all they can.

This appointment is further evidence they haven't and will never change. And the media will never challenge them.

Biggie
18-03-2020, 12:04 PM
The issue here isn't Sevco fans, it's the club. Hibs have had some issues with a few dafties in the support and we've taken actual action by investing a six figure sum in CCTV to catch trouble makers.

Sevco just keep bringing out statements saying they are inclusive, respect all religions etc but don't actually DO anything. In fact it's the opposite, they actively pander to the bigoted element of their support whilst claiming they are doing all they can.

This appointment is further evidence they haven't and will never change. And the media will never challenge them.
Absolutely mate.....its ingrained into every aspect of that organisation...will never change.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2020, 02:34 PM
It’s a desperate move. It seems like the Huns know they are going down the tubes financially and are trying to shore up the most moronic elements of an admittedly low bar thick support by blatantly playing the bigot card. Then, when they start going down the plug hole again they can play the victims that the modern world doesn’t respect or get their ‘culture’. The most weasely cry of defeat yet from a fascist institution that at least once prized deluded arrogance over sniveling victimhood.

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 06:02 PM

Totally agree.

They merely pay lip service to inclusivity for PR reasons, and only ever 'condemn' sectarianism if it costs them money in Euro Competitions. The rest of the time it's swept under the carpet.

All the while, they do everything to appeal to the baser instincts of the neanderthals in their support.