PDA

View Full Version : How long until Sky Sports and BT Sport offer refunds?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Sports channels have turned into the sporting equivalent of UK Gold.

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2020, 01:46 PM
Never.

They will happily keep taking payments until individuals cancel their subscriptions.

Danderhall Hibs
15-03-2020, 04:24 PM
If they offer refunds would they then not pay the clubs?

Just Alf
15-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Never.

They will happily keep taking payments until individuals cancel their subscriptions.This... As far as they're concerned you've had what you paid for up to now.... If you ain't happy with what you're getting at the mo then it's down to you to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
16-03-2020, 09:52 AM
This... As far as they're concerned you've had what you paid for up to now.... If you ain't happy with what you're getting at the mo then it's down to you to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have no doubt they'll continue to take what they can,however surely at some point there must be contractual issues when people are signed-up for however many advertised 'live' sports events and are locked-in to 18 month subscriptions etc on that basis? Maybe they'll still get the majority of these events later in the year I suppose...

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2020, 10:34 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/bt-sport-break-spfl-silence-as-broadcaster-makes-promise-to-supporters/ar-BB11fKaq?ocid=AMZN

Sir David Gray
17-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Sky offering customers the chance to "pause" their Sports subscription for no cost.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Link for pause of payment for Sky Sports with Virgin. (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us)

sleeping giant
27-03-2020, 10:46 AM
My parents are in their 70's and have had their sky package for over 20 years.
I had always suggested that they cancel to get a better deal but they would never do it.
They wont be registered with them online as they dont use a computer.

Can I cancel or pause the sports channel for them?
I notice on the link above that it asks for their email address but they have never registered.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2020, 02:16 PM
I had always suggested that they cancel to get a better deal but they would never do it.

I notice on the link above that it asks for their email address but they have never registered.

I think if you register for My Sky, perhaps on behalf of whichever one of your parents is the account holder, then you could log on and pause it for them.

I also think I saw someone say they did it via My Sky on their TV so that may be worth trying as well.

McD
27-03-2020, 06:54 PM

you can sign them up online, just need some account information to link to their account

Since90+2
27-03-2020, 07:17 PM

They should definitely cancel and try and get a better deal. We done this with Virgin a few months back - originally our deal package went up to £109 which we said to cancel , they came back with £89 and we said no just cancel.

2 weeks later they called and offered us the exact same deal for £69 a month. We do get add ons each month like boxing pay per view and movies so not sure if that's why we got such a good deal.

ac1
28-03-2020, 10:37 AM
Anyone tried to stop their Premier Sports subscription?

I have paused Sky Sports and cancelled BT Sports (30 day notice still required :confused:) but no joy with Premier Sports -

I am almost 100% sure they have changed my login details for my account, there is no call centre operating and the skeleton staff working can only deal with account sign in issues by email which they ignore! :greengrin

Total cowboys. I only pay £11 a month or something so not the end of the world but its crazy companies can behave like this

HH81
28-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Anyone tried to stop their Premier Sports subscription?

I have paused Sky Sports and cancelled BT Sports (30 day notice still required :confused:) but no joy with Premier Sports -

I am almost 100% sure they have changed my login details for my account, there is no call centre operating and the skeleton staff working can only deal with account sign in issues by email which they ignore! :greengrin

Total cowboys. I only pay £11 a month or something so not the end of the world but its crazy companies can behave like this

Doesn't premier come out as a recurring debit card payment? I know it's a pain but your bank could stop this. Not the best time to be contacting them though.

ac1
28-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Doesn't premier come out as a recurring debit card payment? I know it's a pain but your bank could stop this. Not the best time to be contacting them though.

You could well be right - just checked my bank account and there is no standing order right enough! So it wouldnt affect my credit rating if i just stopped the card payment with the bank?

HH81
28-03-2020, 02:08 PM
You could well be right - just checked my bank account and there is no standing order right enough! So it wouldnt affect my credit rating if i just stopped the card payment with the bank?

Erm not 100% sure the most they could do if it 30 days notice is one late payment marker. I know I called them when I cancelled their service and they were really good. I think something must come out soon if other sports companies stopping payments. Tricky one

HH81
28-03-2020, 02:11 PM
Did you email the support e-mail address? Think its Support@premiersports.com

https://www.premierplayer.tv/component/maqmahelpdesk/support-services/faq/accounts-and-billing?Itemid=111

Billy Whizz
28-03-2020, 02:23 PM
How much are Sky deducting each month, for “pausing” Sky Sports

ac1
28-03-2020, 02:43 PM
yeah i emailed that email address - I will try to find out about the card payment. As i say only £11 a month so not a drama but no point in paying it every month if there is no sport on.

I saved £16.50 a month I think by pausing Sky Sports but I had just entered into a new package so not sure if some people might be saving more

cancelled BT Sport which was costing me £36.50 a month cause I had never bothered to phone them up so when the football comes back on I should get it for cheaper than that when renewing

Think my brother is saving £26 for pausing his Sky Sports

LancashireHibby
28-03-2020, 02:51 PM

Have a look on your most recent bill and it will tell you how much of that is based on your sports subscription. Of our £66 a month, £20 is for sports and £2 for sports in HD.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Have a look on your most recent bill and it will tell you how much of that is based on your sports subscription. Of our £66 a month, £20 is for sports and £2 for sports in HD.

Thanks

McD
28-03-2020, 04:37 PM

I believe it’s the full cost of whatever sky sports package you have Billy

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2020, 04:49 PM

I've looked on my Virgin bill after taking their offer of pausing SKY sports but as the package is just listed as a bundle on my bill with no breakdown I am unable to tell how much it will save me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-03-2020, 05:05 PM
I've looked on my Virgin bill after taking their offer of pausing SKY sports but as the package is just listed as a bundle on my bill with no breakdown I am unable to tell how much it will save me.

It shows up on mine under My Bills, Charges £31.75CR.

If you go into Bill Breakdown the cost of your personal picks will be listed there.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2020, 06:13 PM
It shows up on mine under My Bills, Charges £31.75CR.

If you go into Bill Breakdown the cost of your personal picks will be listed there.

My bill breakdown just lists the cost of my package, no individual breakdown will maybe show on next bill as this one has already been issued.