PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets 19/20 season

HibbySpurs
15-03-2020, 07:44 AM
I’m curious as to what others will do as if seems likely the season is over with Hibs having potentially 5 home games left?

As I see it the club and season ticket holders have 3 ways of dealing with it...

1. Refund the remaining value
2. Offer a discount for next season
3. Supporters can agree to forfeit the value and “donate” it to the club

Personally I’d take option 3 as I’ve already given the club the money and have no expectations of getting any back but this might not be how others feel.

Curious as to what others think the options are and what they would do if the season is indeed over?

Bobby's Cinema
15-03-2020, 07:52 AM
free cup top ups for 1 game only next season for all season ticket renewals, to be made available on eticketing to be redeemed at any home game of your choosing.

Something like that. Good gesture and fill the stadium

Steve20
15-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

green&left
15-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.

Alfred E Newman
15-03-2020, 07:55 AM
It's going to be tough enough for the club financially without supporters asking for a refund.
Definate no from me.

Steven79
15-03-2020, 08:04 AM
Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.19 league games is never in black and white due to the split.

If they avoid the season then fans of all clubs could rightly ask for a full refund hence why they won't void the season.

I would let Hibs keep the money no matter what the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
15-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount

overdrive
15-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount

I’m sure a lot of fans will need the money too in these unprecedented times.

I wouldn’t personally ask for any money back but I can see why some might!

Kojock
15-03-2020, 08:30 AM
I wouldn’t want a refund either. Yet there’s a thread running and people are wanting refunds from hotels and train companies. It’s amazing how we treat our football club differently.

St Pauli Hibee
15-03-2020, 08:31 AM
I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.

Green Badger
15-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Option 3 for me.

bigwheel
15-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Option 3 for me too...any discount simply reduces the budget for next season..and we are already going to be materially short due to months without football..

Perhaps the solution is to give fans a choice to wave their discount ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
15-03-2020, 08:48 AM

I'm sure there will be plenty people looking for a refund or a reduction on next season's season ticket, if the season isn't completed.

hibee_girl
15-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

:agree:

It’s not Hibs fault if the season doesn’t pick up again. I’d rather they kept the money from season tickets as they’ll be losing money elsewhere.

adhibs
15-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.

wookie70
15-03-2020, 09:00 AM
It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.

bigwheel
15-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.

If they can afford to......

bigwheel
15-03-2020, 09:04 AM
It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.

TV games, sponsorship, away fans, walk ups, hospitality, club shop etc....will be 100s of thousands I guess....will be a difficult time , even for us...dipping into our cash reserves

15-03-2020, 09:07 AM
I'm happy with option 3 or whatever the club decides.

They could maybe make a wee gesture like 10 free pie vouchers or a £25 club store voucher with season ticket renewals.

DH1875
15-03-2020, 09:07 AM
What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2020, 09:18 AM
I have already spent the money so option 3.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2020, 09:22 AM
What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.

I can't see them selling season tickets for next season any time soon.

18Craig75
15-03-2020, 09:29 AM
The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.

Ozyhibby
15-03-2020, 09:30 AM
Option 3. The club need the money and I want the club to be successful. Only way that changes is if they void the season. I won’t take kindly to being told I just paid to watch a load of friendlies.
Next seasons season ticket money may be the problem if the league try to make it a shorter season to finish this one. I’m not paying the same money for a lot less games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcfly
15-03-2020, 09:46 AM
The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.

When peoples jobs are at risk you can’t justify £400 fir a season ticket.

I’m sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

At this time far more important things to spend money on.

I love my hibs but family first I’m afraid.

H18 SFR
15-03-2020, 09:47 AM
I’d happy donate and would be more than happy with a thank you email from the club.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2020, 09:52 AM

I’m sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

Agreed. Many people just don't have several hundred pounds lying around to give to a football club when there is no guarantees on when the football will restart.

Good for those who do have that money lying around but I'll not be buying a season ticket until the situation becomes a lot clearer.

Antifa Hibs
15-03-2020, 10:19 AM
This seasons money they can keep, season ticket is bought and paid for and is pretty much a donation to the club at the start of the season regardless of how many games I can make or not. Things will be tight. Potentially going to lose out on Celtic, St Johnstone, Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell away receipts, plus Hibs walk-ups, hospitality, programmes and other match-day income.

Regarding next season its a tough one. If the club was on its last legs then i'd do my best to renew. However will I be quick to stump up to help pay staff who earn potentially 5-6 times my weekly wage when I myself am likely to be donald ducked should we go into a Italy-esque lockdown, probably not. There will no doubt be plenty out there who won't be affacted so if Hibs need a cash injection i'm sure they'd sell 1000 or so no bother at all. Could even do a pay half now half whenever the season has confirmed start day to keep money coming in. I'm sure we'll be sound though. Put the big screen and covered project brave pitch on hold for now I guess would save a few quid.

Reckon for Budge this will be an ideal situation for her to keep control of Hearts which she always wanted IMO. Easily enough money to cover any shortfalls that FoH might not have.

Eyrie
15-03-2020, 10:23 AM
Option three for me because I've already spent the money and attended games. I didn't get a refund from Hibs for those games I couldn't make, so why should I get a refund from the club when it's not Hibs' decision to cancel the remaining home fixtures?

So far we've had fifteen home games, with two outstanding (St Johnstone and Celtc) and probably two more after the split. Keeping the numbers simple, that's £20 per game if a £380 season ticket is spread over nineteen games.

The potential refund is therefore £80 ie 21% of the cost of the ticket and that has a real impact on the club's finances when we remember that Scottish football is heavily dependent on gate money. For comparison, someone on £26k pa will have about £21k after tax and NI, so £80 is 0.38% of net income which will still make a difference to them if their salary is reduced due to lost hours etc.

franks
15-03-2020, 10:38 AM
I'd opt for option 3 personally.

Andy74
15-03-2020, 10:41 AM

It’s spent though. All that happens is you don’t see the remaining games.

CraigHibee
15-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Option 3 for me

Box 17
15-03-2020, 10:54 AM
A lot will depend on what the T & C's are and if they cover this type of situation. I think Hibs will be obliged to offer refunds and perhaps they could offer the option of forfeiting the refund if that is what some individuals are prepared to do.

Glory Lurker
15-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't dream of asking the club for my money back.

Riverside Hibs
15-03-2020, 11:07 AM
I have no wish to get anything back from the club, they will need it more than me in the short term. They are going to face difficulties in next years seasons tickets though. There are going to be severe economic problems caused by this virus. As an example, universities in Scotland employ tens of thousands of people and to varying degrees rely on international fee income to survive, without cash coming in in the autumn they will struggle to pay staff. There are going to be countless examples of this across various sectors. If you work in an area such as this buying a season ticket may be a decreased priority.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Is this even a debate? The players still need paid

staunchhibby
15-03-2020, 11:54 AM
Option for me thanks

adhibs
15-03-2020, 12:13 PM

I was thinking solely along this season and the club's needs for the rest season.

I do however get the affordability issue for next season.

aljo7-0
15-03-2020, 12:16 PM
I can afford it so Option 3 for me.

Squealing pig
15-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Option 3

sadtom
15-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Like pretty much everyone else i'd be ok with option 3 but would like a few conditions.
Its hard to tell at the moment, but many of us could face a period lower (or even no) income in the coming weeks/months. So next seasons ST should have an extended 'early bird window' with interest free payment options to match. I would hope that is going to be the case anyway.

murray26
15-03-2020, 03:28 PM
I couldn’t get a season ticket this season because of personal circumstances but I’m heartened to read most fans would opt for option 3.. well done the club will already be suffering..

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2020, 06:09 PM
I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.

Ach, to be honest 'fair' isn't part of the equation here is it. Fair is getting your money back for whatever it will be ( say 5 ) home games ... if that's an average of even £10 per game per ST holder you are looking at a cost of £650,000 to the club, on top of lost revenue from away fans and corporate etc etc.

What shouldn't be forgotten here also is that Hibs have 111 employees to pay only around a third of whom play football for it.

Option 3 for me every time.

Dibben
15-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Option 3 for me!!

SON OF PADDY
15-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Has to be, Opinion 3 for me !

The Harp
15-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Option 3 for me without a doubt.

bigwheel
15-03-2020, 08:07 PM
It’s spent though. All that happens is you don’t see the remaining games.

They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...

Kojock
15-03-2020, 08:31 PM
They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...

Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. He’s really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.

whiskyhibby
15-03-2020, 08:33 PM
I’m curious as to what others will do as if seems likely the season is over with Hibs having potentially 5 home games left?

As I see it the club and season ticket holders have 3 ways of dealing with it...

1. Refund the remaining value
2. Offer a discount for next season
3. Supporters can agree to forfeit the value and “donate” it to the club

Personally I’d take option 3 as I’ve already given the club the money and have no expectations of getting any back but this might not be how others feel.

Curious as to what others think the options are and what they would do if the season is indeed over?

Very happy with option 3

hibbysam
15-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. He’s really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.

While all that is fair enough, a potential £50/60 from the club isn’t going to make his predicament any better at this time. I’m sure the club will be sympathetic to circumstances regarding next seasons ST release, however people have already paid the money for this seasons, it’s not costing them any money for the club not to give a refund as it’s already spent.

In regards to his mortgage payments etc, I’ve already seen a few banks offer holidays on repayments, and id imagine many will follow suit (if they haven’t already).

matty_f
15-03-2020, 08:41 PM
I'd take option 3 as well, I'd committed the money anyway.

Jones28
15-03-2020, 08:46 PM
I can’t see anyone asking for their money back.

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2020, 08:54 PM

Absolutely nobody is going to argue with this.

If you already have a season ticket then apart from missing the games that are not played it can be argued you are also saving however much money you would have spent actually attending said matches, which for me is between 30 to 50 quid a game even with a season ticket ... financially it isn't a hit, very the reverse in fact, Hampden would have left little change out of £100 .... and if we made the final probably a total of around £250 for both games.

Buying a season ticket for next season is a different matter if you are unsure how your finances will be hit by the situation ... lots of workplaces like pubs, shops and the like will be affected.

With this uncertainty it's a very dark place for football at the moment because any sane person is going to put their family first and rightly so.

Just Alf
15-03-2020, 08:59 PM
My brothers' a Yam, told him he needs to insist on getting his money back on his old season ticket for the 'lost' games... And to tell all his jambo pals the same!

Anything to put that lot on the back foot! :-)

Also told him, that,like me, he needs to hold off to see what's happening with the new season before committing any cash to the cause.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

percy veer
16-03-2020, 01:27 AM

I think thousands would renew.

superfurryhibby
16-03-2020, 12:25 PM

Disagree with that.

I'll not be renewing anything until the picture is clearer, many more will feel the same way.

Eyrie
16-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Disagree with that.

I'll not be renewing anything until the picture is clearer, many more will feel the same way.

We need to know what format next season will have.

For example, it's been suggested that the season wouldn't start until September. If that's the case, then there will need to be more midweek fixtures if the current set up is maintained, which would make a season ticket an expensive luxury for those of us who struggle to make midweek games.

Another suggestion was to promote two clubs from the Championship and keep Hearts up. The fourteen teams would play home and away for a 26 game schedule, so there would only be 13 home games and not 19 which will reduce the price of the season ticket.

Or there is a fourteen team league with a split at some point - again that affects the price of the season ticket.

Keith_M
16-03-2020, 01:51 PM

Disagree with that.

I think lots of people will feel the same way as you but wouldn't be surprised if Percy Veer is right, and thousands renew regardless.

Quite rightly, there are people that have other priorities in the current circumstances, and might not even be able to afford it, but some of those with a higher disposable income might decide to buy Season Tickets to help the club out.

bigwheel
16-03-2020, 01:57 PM
I’d renew ..support the club ...and bank my ticket for next season whenever it arrives ....