PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to do with your spare time?

Greenbeard
14-03-2020, 07:42 AM
At least in the close season we've got the transfer news and speculation to occupy our time. And decent weather to be out doing other things. But what are you going to do to fill your time in the coming weeks - physically and mentally - that would normally be spent on Hibee matters?
Get on with whatever it is the nag's been nagging you to do?
Get out running to shed a few pounds?
Bombard hibs.net with pointless threads like this one?

Carheenlea
14-03-2020, 07:45 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/tJkchC0B/DF8-E5007-8-A4-E-4-B4-D-BBE3-1-FF6-F9-C98-F01.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

JimBHibees
14-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Will have to build a bigger wine cellar :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-03-2020, 07:51 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/tJkchC0B/DF8-E5007-8-A4-E-4-B4-D-BBE3-1-FF6-F9-C98-F01.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

:faf: :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
14-03-2020, 07:58 AM

10/10 😂

Sir David Gray
14-03-2020, 07:59 AM
I genuinely don't know. I hate weekends without any football but in the summer I usually have things like Wimbledon to occupy my time.

This could continue for months. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Joe6-2
14-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Strangely this cheered me up!

green day
14-03-2020, 08:03 AM

Just recently started watching Narcos Mexico and he has just popped up again - forgot how much I liked his character !!

FilipinoHibs
14-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Yes football has generally kept me alive. A new mindset is needed. Improve my Tagalog (Philippine national language). More cycling. Trips to remote beaches - Manila in lockdown so few Tourists from the Philippines. . Drink more wine. Spend time on Hibs net. Wait for off the ball.

Smartie
14-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Will golf courses be open and unaffected?

There can’t be much contact between people on a golf course.

I’ve barely played for 10 years, maybe this is the time to pick it up again?

green day
14-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Hillwalking may feature highly.

SquashedFrogg
14-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Just recently started watching Narcos Mexico and he has just popped up again - forgot how much I liked his character !!

We got back into Narcos Mexico again a few weeks ago. We'd started to watch after original Narcos but didn't enjoy it initially. It gets better and better each season.

Ages to wait for a potential season 4 😮

hibsbollah
14-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Gardening. Boosts immune system. Away from indoor breeding ground for virus. Good workout. Good for wellbeing. Plus if you grow veg and herbs you can be smug about being self sufficient and not having to panic buy at supermarkets.

That's the intention, but if it rains I'll be on the Xbox assuming I can get the kids off it.

Golden Bear
14-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Golf season will be starting shortly so that will take up some of my time.

Walking and early season gardening to attend to - if my back allows it!

InchHibby
14-03-2020, 08:21 AM
🤔

Peevemor
14-03-2020, 08:22 AM
Today's my first free Saturday of 2020. It would have been in a couple of week's time had things not been cancelled due to the virus.

I'll be doing gardening stuff most of the day, which I'm strangely looking forward to. Ordinarily I would have stopped at 4.00 (French time) to watch the match. I'll have to find something else to watch while drinking my after work reward beer.

Apart from today, my weekends are normally pretty occupied by things that are either already cancelled or probably will be.

The garden's going to look braw!

One thing that bothers me though is that net is pretty brutal during the close season at the best of times, and now we find ourselves on the brink of the longest close season ever (outwith world wars).

It's not going to be pretty.

Caversham Green
14-03-2020, 08:22 AM
I see the Fallout 4 thread has been resurrected in the games board. Maybe another trip to the Commonwealth Wasteland is in order.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2020, 08:23 AM
Does Hibs not have fans tourney for FIFA (sorry don’t play the game so this may already be part of it.) but mibbie to connect with the fans the players could offer a take on?

Pretty Boy
14-03-2020, 08:23 AM
Run.

My 2 main races for the spring have now been cancelled and I expect the 3rd will follow soon. I'm actually looking forward to just going out for a run for runnings sakes rather than sticking to a training plan.

Tbh I was a bit jaded this season anyway so I'm not really distraught about the football being called off. The semi final will be tough to take if it goes but I'm neither up or down about the league season going.

EdinMike
14-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Breaking the world record for thumb twiddling.

No idea what that record is but I’ll make it.

Keith_M
14-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Yes football has generally kept me alive. A new mindset is needed. Improve my Tagalog (Philippine national language). More cycling. Trips to remote beaches - Manila in lockdown so few Tourists from the Philippines. . Drink more wine.... Spend time on Hibs net..... Wait for off the ball.

Not good for your mental health.

:greengrin

speedy_gonzales
14-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Pub.
Had circumstances been different, I'd be in Robbie's for noon. My wife has decided we're going up town as she's getting a consultation for a tattoo so I've suggested we go to the pub afterwards.
Without criticising their business model, some pubs struggle without the fortnightly visit of fans, so I'll be doing my wee bit today to help them out,,,, it's a hardship 🤓

mjhibby
14-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Pub.
Had circumstances been different, I'd be in Robbie's for noon. My wife has decided we're going up town as she's getting a consultation for a tattoo so I've suggested we go to the pub afterwards.
Without criticising their business model, some pubs struggle without the fortnightly visit of fans, so I'll be doing my wee bit today to help them out,,,, it's a hardship 🤓

That's the spirit. Everybody needs to have at least acouple of heavy sessions in the pub in case they have to close too..😂😂😂

Eyrie
14-03-2020, 09:16 AM
I think I'll watch a Hollywood classic story about an underdog in a sporting tournament.

In their first challenge they face an opponent who have always lost to the eventual winner. Will history repeat itself?
In their second challenge, they face their bullying arch enemy and make a miraculous come back before winning a re-match thanks to a kid rejected by that enemy.
In their third challenge, they are held by a bogey team, then face a lengthy trip to a ground with few happy memories in the immediate aftermath of a devastating loss in the final of another tournament.
In their fourth challenge, their big day out is threatened when a key player is ruled out and is replaced by what looks like an unemployed sumo wrestler who may be the hero of the day.
And their final challenge finds them facing the ultimate evil with the added pressure of over a century of history weighing our heroes down. An initial surge of optimism is brought crashing back to earth and later they are left facing disaster when an evil henchman declares that the game is over.

I usually switch off at that point, but since I've got all weekend to kill and the alternative is to do some remote working, I think I'll see if there is a happy ending. I have heard that the film overruns by two minutes.

FilipinoHibs
14-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Not good for your mental health.

With no games, I am hoping for no downer threads. More threads like this where we we share our humanity. Obviously, Daniel will be abke to spend more time drinking, so looking for an up tick in posts/threads laughing at the Jambos.

GreenCastle
14-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Exercise is probably the best idea to keep folk from going mental.

Feels like Xmas without the fun part and loads of footy on TV.

Usually don’t mind a break from football but nice to watch other sports or even other football leagues but this is unique and will be really odd.

I assume Lowland league etc all cancelled too ?

Lancs Harp
14-03-2020, 09:42 AM
By and large carrying on as normal minus sport.

Off to check out the gym and its new amazing range of sanitizer products shortly. Friends birthday tonight, small gathering, bring your own glass stand a meter apart.:wink: #joking.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2020, 09:47 AM
More dog walking I guess. As long as the pubs stay open as that's where the walks normally end up. 🙂

My wife and daughter are going to Frankie and Benny's for lunch when I was supposed to go to the game, so tagging along, that's today sorted and will still get my pint I would have got pre match in the Iona.

pontius pilate
14-03-2020, 09:55 AM
I have today started going to see the lion king as for the rest of the time with no footy maybe the garden but more than likely start a box set on netflix or amazon prime

Hibbyradge
14-03-2020, 10:11 AM

I would think the courses will stay open.

Whether the clubhouses do is another matter.

Peevemor
14-03-2020, 10:11 AM
That's the grass done.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Pub.

The pub is probably the last place to go if you want to avoid the virus.

I'm going to avoid the pubs and use this time to lose a bit of weight and get fitter.

I'm going to get my bike back out soon and play more golf.

My IPTV service will be earning its subscription as I gorge on all the films I've missed. I might even have another go at watching Breaking Bad, but Game of Thrones can ram it. 😁

Hibbyradge
14-03-2020, 10:19 AM
That's the grass done.

He's in France?

Hibbyradge
14-03-2020, 10:24 AM
I think I'll watch a Hollywood classic story about an underdog in a sporting tournament.

In their first challenge they face an opponent who have always lost to the eventual winner. Will history repeat itself?
In their second challenge, they face their bullying arch enemy and make a miraculous come back before winning a re-match thanks to a kid rejected by that enemy.
In their third challenge, they are held by a bogey team, then face a lengthy trip to a ground with few happy memories in the immediate aftermath of a devastating loss in the final of another tournament.
In their fourth challenge, their big day out is threatened when a key player is ruled out and is replaced by what looks like an unemployed sumo wrestler who may be the hero of the day.
And their final challenge finds them facing the ultimate evil with the added pressure of over a century of history weighing our heroes down. An initial surge of optimism is brought crashing back to earth and later they are left facing disaster when an evil henchman declares that the game is over.

I usually switch off at that point, but since I've got all weekend to kill and the alternative is to do some remote working, I think I'll see if there is a happy ending. I have heard that the film overruns by two minutes.

As you were describing it, I thought I'd seen that movie, but I'm not so sure now.

When did the evil henchman declare the game over?

Peevemor
14-03-2020, 10:26 AM
He's in France?Haha [emoji23].

Golden Bear
14-03-2020, 10:33 AM

:agree:

Yes, there's absolutely no reason why play will be stopped on a local basis. Clubs are/ will be issuing H&S bulletins to their Members regarding responsibilities within the Clubhouse(s) but most of it is common sense and contains general information which we should all be well aware of by now.

Potty78
14-03-2020, 10:38 AM

Brilliant pal👍I've been doon the back road to cardrona,green tree pub for 2pm now🍻

jingler1954
14-03-2020, 10:39 AM
I'm going to Spain.
Wrong decision we are in total lock down.
Hibernation for a month.😎

EdinMike
14-03-2020, 10:39 AM
https://youtu.be/6SRnokTehVI

On repeat ! Why not !

Eyrie
14-03-2020, 10:40 AM
As you were describing it, I thought I'd seen that movie, but I'm not so sure now.

When did the evil henchman declare the game over?

About 25 minutes from the end.

Surely there is no way that our heroes could come back from such a blow? They'll be in a corner (or two), and I can't see what could deliver them from evil.

Deansy
14-03-2020, 10:47 AM
Clean the house then it's sesh of old Hollywood movies from the 40's & 50's !

Forza Fred
14-03-2020, 10:48 AM
I'll be sleeping!

The only good thing about the suspension of the fitba, is that for a while I won't have to get up at 2am to watch the game over here

blaikie
14-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Turkish league isn’t suspended!

matty_f
14-03-2020, 10:51 AM
3pm kick off, Scottish Cup Final watched as live :wink:

Keith_M
14-03-2020, 10:57 AM
One useful thing that could be done would be people volunteering to clean the stadia of their favoured and/or local clubs.

At a time when everybody is being encouraged to think about cleanliness, it's time to put some focus on those stadiums whose seats, for example, look like they haven't had a wipe down in twenty years.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2020, 11:40 AM
About 25 minutes from the end.

Surely there is no way that our heroes could come back from such a blow? They'll be in a corner (or two), and I can't see what could deliver them from evil.

Gotcha

FilipinoHibs
14-03-2020, 12:04 PM
I'm going to Spain.

6,000 infections and 140 dead in Spain. Good luck

Topographic Hibby
14-03-2020, 12:10 PM
My wife and I love F1, its the only sport we watch together. So with the F1 season opener cancelled too, we are about to settle down to watch the Netflix documentary, season 2.

Its a bit sweary by all accounts.... :wink:

pontius pilate
14-03-2020, 12:14 PM
My wife and I love F1, its the only sport we watch together. So with the F1 season opener cancelled too, we are about to settle down to watch the Netflix documentary, season 2.

Its a bit sweary by all accounts.... :wink:

I forgot about that cheers for the reminder that will be my F1 fix until the season starts in may

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Decided to revisit the Sunday afternoon lunchtime session in the boozer. 🍻

wallpaperman
14-03-2020, 12:56 PM
6,000 infections and 140 dead in Spain. Good luck

Mmmm, might be wrong but could be a whooosh moment.

We spent a short time along at the Hibs shop changing a Hibs top that my daughter got as a birthday present and getting a number/name added.

I solemnly saluted the stadium before I got back in the car with a tear in my eye.

CloudSquall
14-03-2020, 12:59 PM
If I get into Argentina today (flying in from Brazil so almost sure I'm not being quarantineed..) I'll head to Patagonia to hike.

I went on a trail a couple of days ago and being off the internet and being in nature does wonders for your mind especially these days.

EAZY-ME
14-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Im out shopping.... so nice and relaxing without the crowds.... they're too busy panic buying toilet roll

EAZY-ME
14-03-2020, 01:09 PM
If I get into Argentina today (flying in from Brazil so almost sure I'm not being quarantineed..) I'll head to Patagonia to hike.

I went on a trail a couple of days ago and being off the internet and being in nature does wonders for your mind especially these days.

Don't be last in line

Speedy
14-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Was meant to be in Milan today. In Pitlochry instead.

Everyone's garden is going to look cracking this year :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Been shopping this morning Morrison’s was heaving but the cafe was dead, didn’t wait long for breakfast this week😁

sleeping giant
14-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Was meant to be in Milan today. In Pitlochry instead.

Everyone's garden is going to look cracking this year :greengrin

Clearing my shed and doing a tip run.
Expecting the tip to be busy.

The next few weekends will consist of building a new shed base and shed, building a fence and replacing a few monoblocks.
Ive never done either in my life :greengrin:

speedy_gonzales
14-03-2020, 02:00 PM
The pub is probably the last place to go if you want to avoid the virus.

You are of course quite correct, but currently sitting in the Queens Arms (Edinburgh) and the bar staff are going around cleaning virtually every surface routinely every 15 minutes (or so it feels).
I don't wish to contract the virus but I feel it's inevitable now that someone close to me is going to develop symptoms, ergo risk is high.
I don't wish to come across as blasé, but I'm gonna try and behave as normal as possible whilst maintaing a decent hygiene regimen.
If the experts are to be believed it'll be like a very dull flu,,,,(hopefully not my last words).

Greenbeard
14-03-2020, 02:17 PM

Yes, there's absolutely no reason why play will be stopped on a local basis. Clubs are/ will be issuing H&S bulletins to their Members regarding responsibilities within the Clubhouse(s) but most of it is common sense and contains general information which we should all be well aware of by now.
Aye golf could be one sport that sees an upsurge in activity. Out in the fresh air, no big groups, able to keep a safe distance from your playing partners. But whatever you do don't handle someone else's balls. Joe Marler take note.

GreenCastle
14-03-2020, 02:32 PM
You are of course quite correct, but currently sitting in the Queens Arms (Edinburgh) and the bar staff are going around cleaning virtually every surface routinely every 15 minutes (or so it feels).
I don't wish to contract the virus but I feel it's inevitable now that someone close to me is going to develop symptoms, ergo risk is high.
I don't wish to come across as blasé, but I'm gonna try and behave as normal as possible whilst maintaing a decent hygiene regimen.
If the experts are to be believed it'll be like a very dull flu,,,,(hopefully not my last words).

Going to be interesting to see how cafe / bars and generally most places are with hygiene moving forward once Corona has passed.

Also people in general - some folk still have no idea but I’ve definitely seen more people wash hands etc.

heretoday
14-03-2020, 03:21 PM
Write that novel. I'll need a title. Any suggestions?

jacomo
14-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Write that novel. I'll need a title. Any suggestions?

Georgie Press: how one man from Germany revolutionised Scottish football.

It certainly won’t be based on fact, so should qualify as fiction?

jgl07
14-03-2020, 03:41 PM
I am currently completing a weeks’ work in the Middle East. Currently staying at the Holiday Inn in Muscat, Oman. Due to fly back to Glasgow via Dubai on Monday. That is assuming that Emirates are still running the flights!

I will probably be sitting around the pool tomorrow without any football to watch since last Wednesday. I will probably be working from home by the time I get back to Edinburgh. I have seen the contingency plans already.

I suppose I can plan our summer holiday when I get back. Hang on though?

CMurdoch
14-03-2020, 03:46 PM

Snap!
Good idea.

Bishop Hibee
14-03-2020, 03:55 PM
A pleasant walk along Porty prom and back this afternoon. I’ll go further afield and do more walking as the weather improves.

Dan Sarf
14-03-2020, 04:38 PM
I tried to watch Halifax versus Ebbsfield United but it's awful.

I think I'll try self drinking

marinello59
14-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Watched a Russian league game this morning. Got a Turkish league game on now. Our fitba really isn’t that bad. :greengrin

Mikey
14-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Watched a Russian league game this morning. Got a Turkish league game on now. Our fitba really isn’t that bad. :greengrin

Are you stuck there now?

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2020, 04:58 PM
probably go through the whole Netflix catalogue

marinello59
14-03-2020, 05:00 PM
Are you stuck there now?

No. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
14-03-2020, 05:08 PM
In the pub

Wait a minute Coronavirus

In the hoose at Sleepy Hollow reading my HIBS books and programmes

Gloucester Hibs
14-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Been for a run, made up a scooter for the bairn. Probably would’ve only done one of those things had the fitba been on. Will shortly be having a bevvy which would’ve happened either way! 🥴

Bristolhibby
14-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Went to the shops and bought a load of bog roll.

Tidied the house

Went into Chippenham to get the boy a haircut. (Barbers was shut).

Went to the gym

About to have a drink and cook dinner.

J

Keith_M
14-03-2020, 05:25 PM
I'm now sitting with the missus, drinking a bottle of Corona.

hibsbollah
14-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Seven hours of gardening. Once I start I can't stop.

Then drove to John Lewis and played the 'count the surgical masks' game with the family. A great pre apocalyptic entertainment. Twenty one people wearing masks between our house and the city centre, all but two of East Asian appearance.

Very strange driving home and having no sport to listen to on the radio. No Alan Preston being a Hertz prick. No live games on BT sport. I do intend to get drunk, which is the only normal thing about this Saturday evening.

Sheep_Nae_Mair
14-03-2020, 05:43 PM

Yes, there's absolutely no reason why play will be stopped on a local basis. Clubs are/ will be issuing H&S bulletins to their Members regarding responsibilities within the Clubhouse(s) but most of it is common sense and contains general information which we should all be well aware of by now. Thanks, Jack.

bigwheel
14-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Had the pleasure of listening to the Giles Peterson show on 6music this afternoon ..never get to hear it live ...really enjoyed it ...

Glory Lurker
14-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Had the pleasure of listening to the Giles Peterson show on 6music this afternoon ..never get to hear it live ...really enjoyed it ...

I've spent the day scratching about, listening to music. Used to have tunes on all the time but somehow have lost that good habit. Really enjoying it. Definitely better for my mental health than watching the Hibs!

bigwheel
14-03-2020, 06:18 PM
I've spent the day scratching about, listening to music. Used to have tunes on all the time but somehow have lost that good habit. Really enjoying it. Definitely better for my mental health than watching the Hibs!

Superb ....love music..and as you say - great for your mental health and soul ! Sounds a great way to spend the day ...

SideBurns
14-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Had a nice wander about the pubs of the New Town and Stockbridge, in the interests of research, obviously. They were all rammed, in the best Scots tradition of 'Keep Calm and Bevvy On'!

BILLYHIBS
14-03-2020, 06:26 PM
:top marks

Jim44
14-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Plenty of golf, dodging too close contact with friends and strangers and, now living on my own, and in the category of 70+ with some health issues, to a more limited degree, with my family, which is a real downer. I’ve always enjoyed music, TV, painting and reading so I won’t get bored. I think FaceTime will play a major role in the next couple of months.

overdrive
14-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Did a shop - managed to get some essentials (I was totally out of pasta before anyone says).

Cleaned the house. Did a few washings. Did a bit of gardening. Went for a wander and sat in Starbucks for a while (kept my distance from folk).

I’m now enjoying a home made mojito and about to cook a steak.

DH1875
14-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Well, did you get in or not? Out of interest is this work related or on a holiday. Asking cause I'm jealous and sure I read you've already been in South America for couple of months.

Irish_Steve
14-03-2020, 07:19 PM
Went out on my bike (as per usual on a Sat) with the intention of staying out longer than normal as I didnt have to get back for a game - two punctures soon booted that idea out of the park.

Moped around for a bit

Drank waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much coffee.

lyonhibs
14-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Did some shopping, went for a walk with wife and son, made tea, watched Netflix, played with my son.

I'll be fully working from home from Monday, and probably get reduced hours on full pay so that means more time to spend with wife and son. It's really not so bad this coronavirus lark.

NAE NOOKIE
14-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Its too bloody cauld fer the gairden, so stuck in the hoose watching absolute pish on the telly ... don't have Netflix. Mind you, was out all day yesterday at our annual Cheltenham bash and as usual drank waaaaayyyyy too much, so a bit delicate today ... just £15 doon for the day though, which is a result for me.

Walking football tournaments all cancelled so that's out ... twice weekly sessions still up and running, but for how long who knows seeing as we are all around mid 50s to mid 60s. Supposed to be playing in a tournament in Spain in May, deposit paid, but who knows if that will go ahead now :confused:

Still got my job I suppose, though that's in a health centre. Bigger chance of being exposed to the virus, but on the plus side we have tons of bog roll, at least until the patients start nicking it :greengrin

Might revert back a few years make a couple of cheese pieces and a flask of tea and sod off up the hills for a few hours next Saturday if the weather gets better.

Frankhfc
14-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Took shopping over to Mum's in East Lothian making sure she was okay then hit the golf range. First 50 balls were pretty decent but next 50 or so weren't so much. I should really only purchase 50 and leave it at that. Going to do more about the house and continue learning another language when I've time among other things.

Mon Hibs

:flag:

.Sean.
14-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Wee jaunt to Craigmillar Castle then few pints local with the missus followed by a nice dinner in the flat and now chilling with a few Brooklyn Lagers watching the Apollo 11 documentary.

Enjoyable all the same but no quite a chicken curry pie that sticks to the foil and a lukewarm bovril and watching the Hibs :no way:

Greenio
15-03-2020, 04:24 AM
Im occupying myself by watching the Jambos sweating like pregnant nuns at their impending relegation!

And trying to make sense of what a totally radge situation the whole thing is too.

chippy
15-03-2020, 04:31 AM
Yoga, Meditation, Hill and country walks oh and Netflix/ Amazon/ IPlayer/ 4 player / stv player. Completing Scottish part of my family history

hibbydog
15-03-2020, 06:25 AM
Tough one. Football is the cornerstone of my weekend, but Hibs can be a burden at times and I’ll take pleasure cancelling sky sports!!

Think I might try to bag a few Munros. It’s something I fancied but never had time to get into.

Joe6-2
15-03-2020, 10:03 AM

Stupid plot, so unrealistic, no ones going to believe that tripe

Craig_in_Prague
15-03-2020, 10:07 AM
Czech Republic will have whole country quarantine announced today.

So, I better start to enjoy gardening, read more,.... and get beers in asap!

Eyrie
15-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Stupid plot, so unrealistic, no ones going to believe that tripe

It got even more ridiculous after where I usually switch off as it turned out to have one of those contrived Hollywood endings that would never happen in real life with the ultimate hero surviving injury to win the trophy. I'd also forgotten that the last game was a week after the heartbreak of missing out on promotion.

CloudSquall
15-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Well, did you get in or not? Out of interest is this work related or on a holiday. Asking cause I'm jealous and sure I read you've already been in South America for couple of months.

In the end it was the quickest I've got through customs in South America :greengrin. Here as a tourist.

For now as long as you haven't been in Europe/US/China/Korea in the past 14 days you are good to go in Argentina, my plan had been to visit Patagonia in Chile and Argentina but they are enforcing stricter laws by the day on who gets in across the border so I think I'll stick to the Argentine side for now.

NOLA
15-03-2020, 12:37 PM
I’m going to dig out my ZX Spectrum

EdinMike
15-03-2020, 12:42 PM

Where would you even find the cassettes for one of those these days ?!

Sudds_1
15-03-2020, 02:09 PM
We got back into Narcos Mexico again a few weeks ago. We'd started to watch after original Narcos but didn't enjoy it initially. It gets better and better each season.

Ages to wait for a potential season 4 😮

El chapo is excellent too!!

The 90+2
15-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Same with that ***** on bt last night.

Scottish football fans should really tune into games like that, oz games and even the Russian games as it demonstrates that our league isn’t really that ****.

Galatasaray v Besiktas could be quite tasty on the turkey super Sunday at 4.

The 90+2
15-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Where would you even find the cassettes for one of those these days ?!

Maybe Ron Gordon can start selling Hibernian branded Atari cassettes why we are all bored?

DH1875
15-03-2020, 02:21 PM
In the end it was the quickest I've got through customs in South America :greengrin. Here as a tourist.

For now as long as you haven't been in Europe/US/China/Korea in the past 14 days you are good to go in Argentina, my plan had been to visit Patagonia in Chile and Argentina but they are enforcing stricter laws by the day on who gets in across the border so I think I'll stick to the Argentine side for now.

Would love to chuck it all in and go backpacking around South America for 6 months or so. How long are you/have been over there?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2020, 02:56 PM

I've got a Spectrum emulator on my laptop, brings back happy memories of the 80s! ☺

SideBurns
15-03-2020, 03:31 PM
If you've got BT Sport, they're showing English games from the '70s (I don't have it, but it's on in the pub). Great stuff - Fulham v York City at the moment!

G B Young
15-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Tough one. Football is the cornerstone of my weekend, but Hibs can be a burden at times and I’ll take pleasure cancelling sky sports!!

Think I might try to bag a few Munros. It’s something I fancied but never had time to get into.

That's an interesting point. I sometimes wonder how much pleasure or enjoyment supporting a football team actually gives you compared to pursuing something more wholesome than fretting about a team whose performance you can do nothing about.

Maybe if football remains in lockdown for much of the year we'll see fans start to drift away from the game when they discover they're actually happier without it :wink:

Sudds_1
15-03-2020, 04:38 PM
If my wife even sniffs that i can do other things on a hibs day that WILL be armageddon!!

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2020, 04:43 PM
Been in the pub since1pm, not missing the football at all.

B.H.F.C
15-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Just back from a weekend in Liverpool.

Pubs were heaving. People were happy.

Frankhfc
15-03-2020, 05:00 PM

:aok:

Manic Miner remains one of my favourite all time games.

H18 SFR
15-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Just been told I’m off for 16 weeks. Last day will be this week. I’m going to decorate. Do the garden, paint the outside of the house and anything else I can think of. Our house goes on the market on Tuesday, can’t imagine what that will bring.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Where you with a fellow Hibee that has a fondness for Everton who’s initials are AY by any chance?

CloudSquall
15-03-2020, 05:30 PM
Would love to chuck it all in and go backpacking around South America for 6 months or so. How long are you/have been over there?

Three months, that was one week in the Amazon and 2 months 3 weeks by a beach in Rio drinking caipirinhas :greengrin.

Thankfully the currency exchange rates are very favorable now so it's not as expensive as it would've been previously.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2020, 05:41 PM

Just wait til they find out the league's void and they're not winning the league.

See how happy they are then. :greengrin

Since452
15-03-2020, 05:56 PM
Just been for the weekly shop. No bread, no chicken, no toilet roll. It's like Xmas eve.

H18 SFR
15-03-2020, 06:06 PM
All pubs in Ireland closed.

Squealing pig
15-03-2020, 06:22 PM
James English and Shaun attwood crime podcasts on YouTube. Highly recommend them if u ain't seen any.

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2020, 06:26 PM
James English and Shaun attwood crime podcasts on YouTube. Highly recommend them if u ain't seen any.

Great shout. Not for everyone but the Wildman's stories are quite good also.

Slightly addicted to your suggestions.

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Just been for the weekly shop. No bread, no chicken, no toilet roll. It's like Xmas eve.

I genuinely find the panic buying bizarre.

Anecdotally, reactions on here after a defeat indicate we live amongst panic merchants.

There's enough for everyone, if everyone just buys enough.

DH1875
15-03-2020, 06:30 PM

Not a fan of his podcasts but Shaun Attwoods story is amazing (If that's the right word). Incredible looking at the guy to think what he became and what he once was. I first heard of him when they did an episode of banged up abroad with him and was fascinated so looked into it all a lot. Watching the podcasts and I think how is this the same guy.

thebakerboy
15-03-2020, 06:35 PM
I am in chargee of thee green at my local bowling club so with seaso starting in a month(hopefully) there is plenty too do there and I may have to start speaking to the wife again regularly , and I have a pile of Spl and Epl games recorded that I havnt watched and probably forgotten scores so will carry on as near usual as possible . Only problem I am 72 and they are talking about over 70's staying in self isolation for up to 4 months they can get stuffed with that.

Just Alf
15-03-2020, 06:44 PM
I am in chargee of thee green at my local bowling club so with seaso starting in a month(hopefully) there is plenty too do there and I may have to start speaking to the wife again regularly , and I have a pile of Spl and Epl games recorded that I havnt watched and probably forgotten scores so will carry on as near usual as possible . Only problem I am 72 and they are talking about over 70's staying in self isolation for up to 4 months they can get stuffed with that.I'm liking you're thinking.... With you on that 100%!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2020, 06:46 PM
I am in chargee of thee green at my local bowling club so with seaso starting in a month(hopefully) there is plenty too do there and I may have to start speaking to the wife again regularly , and I have a pile of Spl and Epl games recorded that I havnt watched and probably forgotten scores so will carry on as near usual as possible . Only problem I am 72 and they are talking about over 70's staying in self isolation for up to 4 months they can get stuffed with that.

If you're fit enough and not showing symptoms I wouldn't fret about not getting out.

It'll be non-enforceable.

thebakerboy
15-03-2020, 07:12 PM
How can they police the over 70 thing anyway , people often tell me I dont look a day over 80 . MISPRINT I MEANT 60

Jim44
18-03-2020, 09:11 AM
If you're fit enough and not showing symptoms I wouldn't fret about not getting out.

You’re right about, sensibly, going out in open areas if you are feeling fine and not experiencing any symptoms. It would be reassuring to think that everybody you might meet is also ‘healthy’. The fly in the ointment is that, even people who are ‘fully fit’, can carry the infection and unwittingly infect others.

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 10:15 AM
I realised that most of my time so far has been spent ranting and raving on Social Media (i.e. HibsDotNet).

I really need to get out in the fresh air for a while....

Keith_M
18-03-2020, 10:15 AM
How can they police the over 70 thing anyway , people often tell me I dont look a day over 80 . MISPRINT I MEANT 60

Yeah, right!

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2020, 12:22 PM

They're relying on people following the guidelines, you know, putting trust in the public.

Which is fine, until people start saying 'they can get stuffed with that' and ignoring the advice.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2020, 12:24 PM
You’re right about, sensibly, going out in open areas if you are feeling fine and not experiencing any symptoms. It would be reassuring to think that everybody you might meet is also ‘healthy’. The fly in the ointment is that, even people who are ‘fully fit’, can carry the infection and unwittingly infect others.

Exactly.

Apparently you can go 5 days of having it before showing any symptoms.

That's 5 days you can go around spreading it because you can't be assed staying at home like you've been asked to.

ekhibee
18-03-2020, 01:18 PM
I see the Fallout 4 thread has been resurrected in the games board. Maybe another trip to the Commonwealth Wasteland is in order.

Still one of the best PS4 games ever made IMO. Bethesda have completely destroyed their growing reputation with the sequel though.

edinburghhibee
18-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Yes football has generally kept me alive. A new mindset is needed. Improve my Tagalog (Philippine national language). More cycling. Trips to remote beaches - Manila in lockdown so few Tourists from the Philippines. . Drink more wine. Spend time on Hibs net. Wait for off the ball.

Get yourself down to Palawan there’s a cracking cave down puerto Princeia that’s unbelievable!!

Or get over to boracay for their parties!!

Lucky ******* being over there beautiful part of the world!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
18-03-2020, 02:20 PM
I would think the courses will stay open.

Whether the clubhouses do is another matter.
Most courses will welcome any upturn in revenue. The bars will be open with precautions etc.
I’d say just get out there and crack on with it. I’ve really been looking forward to this season. I always drive so not staying for a drink doesn’t affect me either way

CockneyRebel
18-03-2020, 02:55 PM

I am also over 70 but I will follow the guidelines as it is not just about me.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2020, 02:57 PM
FM 20 free for a week.

edinburghhibee
18-03-2020, 03:17 PM
FM 20 free for a week.

On mobile? Mines still shows £8.99

Haymaker
18-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Beer and xbox

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2020, 03:22 PM
On mobile? Mines still shows £8.99

On Steam. Probably will be free on mobile too but it's free on pc (for those stuck inside)

Speedy
18-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Decorate the house, get the garden all sorted. Maybe a few walks around Scotland.

They're all subject to the same uncertainty as everything else at the moment but try to support bowling/golf clubs. Many struggle at the best of times so any additional members would be greatly appreciated.

thebakerboy
19-03-2020, 06:33 PM
I am also over 70 but I will follow the guidelines as it is not just about me.

Yes its not just about me either , we have to get food etc in ( if all the greedy people havnt got to it first) and they have qualified things now . I can go on long walks as long as I observe some distance from other people and as bowling club is closed any work I am doing is on my own. But still having to speak to her more often.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Yes its not just about me either , we have to get food etc in ( if all the greedy people havnt got to it first) and they have qualified things now . I can go on long walks as long as I observe some distance from other people and as bowling club is closed any work I am doing is on my own. But still having to speak to her more often.

Me too, i was shocked to hear she does not work in woolworths anymore.

Frankhfc
19-03-2020, 06:45 PM
The range is still open. Purchased 50 balls and hit more sweet ones than not. Highly enjoyable. Wasn't overly busy but there was a few having a shot at the pitch and putt and putting greens.

Supermarkets busy again but great that they're rationing numbers of items that punters can buy. Got all my beer in for the weekend and enough food to see me through for a wee while. My hope is that those who've stockpiled have run out of room to store stuff and the stores have a bit room to breathe again. Gladdened my heart to see people sitting outside a pub enjoying beers and that the streets weren't empty with people still going about their business.

Going somewhere nice for a walk and a seat in a park at the weekend with a book and headphones on. Bliss.

Mon Hibs

hibby6270
19-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Most courses will welcome any upturn in revenue. The bars will be open with precautions etc.
I’d say just get out there and crack on with it. I’ve really been looking forward to this season. I always drive so not staying for a drink doesn’t affect me either way

You’d think this would be the case particularly where revenue is concerned. However, I’ve had emails from my club 2 days running. First to say the bar and kitchen was being closed. Next day, get an email saying after an emergency committee meeting, the whole clubhouse will close from this coming weekend ufn.

Course itself will remain open and the club pro will be on hand to ensure those teeing off are legit and on time. Also a list of temporary do’s and dont’s regarding self contact and distancing whilst on the course.

When you look at it in isolation you’d think it was mad but given present circumstances it’s all sensible precautions.

EI255
19-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Not watching the news or panic buying like a dicjk head.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

green with envy
19-03-2020, 07:18 PM
You’d think this would be the case particularly where revenue is concerned. However, I’ve had emails from my club 2 days running. First to say the bar and kitchen was being closed. Next day, get an email saying after an emergency committee meeting, the whole clubhouse will close from this coming weekend ufn.

Course itself will remain open and the club pro will be on hand to ensure those teeing off are legit and on time. Also a list of temporary do’s and dont’s regarding self contact and distancing whilst on the course.

When you look at it in isolation you’d think it was mad but given present circumstances it’s all sensible precautions.

I pay a monthly DD to play all the Edinburgh council courses and get in at least one round in a week and was just a out to step it up to two rounds out it was announced yesterday that the council to close all their courses from tomorrow. Gutted as I thought at least they could have at least allowed a one or two to play.

KingPat4
19-03-2020, 07:24 PM

:rotflmao:

HoboHarry
19-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Beer and xbox
Or you could take the time to become a tad more refined by switching to wine..........

KingPat4
19-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Walking the mad Springer more, along the old railway. Then staying in my room with a supply of malt, or luxury blend. Watch all the old classic mafia movies and Friday Night Dinner.

I am at risk because of heart and lung problems, but the NHS has kept me alive for nearly thirty years, I would be dead without them, so will not be pestering them.

Just Alf
19-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Grass needs cut (never got its year end last year so gonna be a nightmare)

Boss has "plans" for the house and unfortunately we bought the paint for all the rooms a few months ago.. I'm the one to 'execute' these plans of course :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Try to avoid handling other guys balls! 😲

Dalianwanda
19-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Our course is open but bar (new caterer in just the week before), pro shop, office & lockers all shut. Can still book times online but all comps cancelled till further notice. Think that’s the case right across ireland.

JimBHibees
20-03-2020, 06:40 AM

:faf::faf: :thumbsup:

Speedy
20-03-2020, 07:33 AM
I pay a monthly DD to play all the Edinburgh council courses and get in at least one round in a week and was just a out to step it up to two rounds out it was announced yesterday that the council to close all their courses from tomorrow. Gutted as I thought at least they could have at least allowed a one or two to play.

It seems excessive not having the courses open. Golfing is the perfect thing for people to be doing really.

JXM73
20-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Trackday at knockhill, cut the grass n bbq...

Greenbeard
20-03-2020, 09:00 AM
Get yourself down to Innerleithen. Still open, quiet, comps still on - for the mo anyway. They've got a deal on. Refund on visitor fee if you then take out £160 country membership if you live 25 miles away (City Bypass?). Only 9 holes but it is a good test and scenic.

chasitup
20-03-2020, 11:48 AM

Craigmillar Park by any chance?

Keith_M
20-03-2020, 07:00 PM
Currently watching 'The World's End' and going to follow that up with 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

CloudSquall
20-03-2020, 07:45 PM
This has probably been posted already but just in case, SPFL are showing the 6-2 derby on Youtube tomorrow at 12,

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzPaEG3wb3oYvxDxMB4AaABCQ

SquashedFrogg
20-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Currently watching 'The World's End' and going to follow that up with 'Shaun Of The Dead'.

Worlds End is such a good film. You're watching in wrong order but who cares 😃

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Keep an eye out for Hutchy, now that the pubs are shut, i'm worried what the hell he's going to do now with all that spare time. :wink:

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2020, 01:13 PM

At the moment, in Italy you are being fined up to €2000 if you are caught outside without a valid excuse like going to supermarket and drugstore. I think in France you actually need written consent to leave your home, printed from computer from govt website?

Peevemor
21-03-2020, 01:15 PM
At the moment, in Italy you are being fined up to €2000 if you are caught outside without a valid excuse like going to supermarket and drugstore. I think in France you actually need written consent to leave your home, printed from computer from govt website?Yep, it's a form that you fill out yourself. If you can't print it you have to copy it out by hand.

Brightside
21-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Painting the fence today. Ffs.

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2020, 01:21 PM
just been to my closed down work gym, first time in a year I have done a wee work out, might actually think about doing it again, lose some weight, no time like the present.:thumbsup:

kicked the erse out of the beer and whisky the past week due to having loads of spare time fae work.

21-03-2020, 01:33 PM

Can dogs still not look up, aye?! Cracking film. :faf:

.Sean.
21-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Numerous bottles of lager down and currently watching Tine for Heroes. We’ve just went 2 - 2 at Tynie. Be in tears as per usual within the hour 💚

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-03-2020, 09:49 PM
Rewatching the TV series 24. 10 down 182 to go.

21-03-2020, 10:48 PM
Rewatching the TV series 24. 10 down 182 to go.

Top quality TV. You've got another 12 episodes after those as well in 24: Live Another Day if you want. Plus the TV movie 24: Redemption (which was after season 6). And if that isn't enough for you there's also the spin-off 24: Legacy.

CallumLaidlaw
21-03-2020, 11:40 PM
Cut the grass today for the first time this year.

Watched the Scottish cup final on YouTube.

Have tried to find some alternative entertainment so last night we done gigs in scotlands “no pub quiz” on Facebook live. Was decent, and there’s another this Thursday. Then tonight we joined in with Bongos bingo on twitch which was a right laugh. Can see us joining plenty more events like that over the coming months.

At 9am this morning my daughter done her weekly ballet class except it was from the living room instead of in inverkeithing scout hall, and was taught through zoom on the iPad rather than in person, but is great that we are able to use these measures.

At 2pm today my daughter then watch funbox (singing kettle) do a free love show on Facebook.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2020, 12:13 AM
Keep an eye out for Hutchy, now that the pubs are shut, i'm worried what the hell he's going to do now with all that spare time. :wink:

Panic starts when Ali's round the corner runs out! 😭

Haymaker
22-03-2020, 01:08 AM
Or you could take the time to become a tad more refined by switching to wine..........

Behave Hobo!

HoboHarry
22-03-2020, 01:10 AM
Behave Hobo!

😂

Frankhfc
24-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Lot of justifiable anxiety flying about just now. I've done a couple of online jigsaws, takes the mind off things a wee bitty and its not that difficult. Quite enjoyable when nothing else to do.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Lot of justifiable anxiety flying about just now. I've done a couple of online jigsaws, takes the mind off things a wee bitty and its not that difficult. Quite enjoyable when nothing else to do.

Sounds like you've gone to pieces! 😏

Frankhfc
24-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you've gone to pieces! ��

Just finished Barcelona Cathedral in 49 minutes. And after a couple of large voddy and cokes :greengrin

Eyrie
24-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Just finished Barcelona Cathedral in 49 minutes. And after a couple of large voddy and cokes :greengrin

How long until you finish the Sagrada Familia?

CloudSquall
24-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Anyone that is interested in learning a language might want to check out the site Busuu.

It's a site that has interactive lessons, I like to learn languages but personally find it hard to sit with a dry coursebook / textbook but this site has articles, videos etc that are a bit more interactive and easier (and enjoyable) to sit through.

Might be a good option to pass the time that you have at home.

Frankhfc
24-03-2020, 11:09 PM
How long until you finish the Sagrada Familia?

The what now?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2020, 02:09 PM
I find myself watching a ridiculous amount of documentaries about Serial Killers, probably says more about me than the virus! 😉

heretoday
25-03-2020, 02:15 PM
I've cleaned all the windows and done the pruning. What more do you want?

Greenbeard
25-03-2020, 02:20 PM
When you get bored power-washing the patio.

Smiggy 7-0
25-03-2020, 02:43 PM
I have over 200 Begonia plug plants arriving Thursday. That's me in the greenhouse for a while.

Greenbeard
25-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Still bored.

Keith_M
26-03-2020, 04:37 PM
On the subject of what people are going to do with all this spare time...

I predict a sudden boom in babies roughly 9 months from now.

:wink:

Fuzzywuzzy
26-03-2020, 04:48 PM
I predict divorces. My Mrs already going a bit kurtz