PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INTERVIEW | LEEANN DEMPSTER

RSS Bot
13-03-2020, 06:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10586)

Jim44
13-03-2020, 07:13 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10586)

Fair play to LD and the board. Difficult times ahead but we can rely on them for common sense. :hibees

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Good interview.

Interestingly there's often loads of posts from certain people complaining about lack of club comms.

Haven't seen any of those people on this thread.

Funny that.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2020, 07:57 PM
She has said all she can say and it's a good interview.

It's an evolving situation so it can't be easy to communicate things effectively. Thus far Hibs are doing a very good job.

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2020, 08:02 PM
She has said all she can say and it's a good interview.

It's an evolving situation so it can't be easy to communicate things effectively. Thus far Hibs are doing a very good job.

Agree.

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 08:04 PM
Agree.

X2.

jacomo
13-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Fair play to LD and the board. Difficult times ahead but we can rely on them for common sense. :hibees

Yes agreed. She is doing what she can, reacting to a fast developing situation and making the club is doing what it should.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 08:32 PM
I wonder what she had in mind when she mentioned making the stadium available to help with the Covid 19 crisis.

Dalianwanda
13-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Can’t say any more...Fair play to her for sharing what she could.

Alfred E Newman
13-03-2020, 08:51 PM
I wonder what she had in mind when she mentioned making the stadium available to help with the Covid 19 crisis.

Maybe offering behind the goals to the NHS as emergency isolation accommodation?

13-03-2020, 08:52 PM

Perhaps nothing in particular at the moment but football stadiums can be utilised in many different way. Collecting supplies/food etc to hand out to vulnerable people for instance. As others in the thread have already touched on, the situation is evolving and changing day by day, nobody quite sure what exacrtly the next few days/weeks/months hold.

Thought LD came across very well and Hibs have done all they can up to this point. Difficult situation for everyone but as Leeann rightly said, as much as football is such a big part of many peoples lives, the health and safety of the Nation is more important.

JimBHibees
13-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Assuming the option of stadium being used to support clinical work in dealing with the virus.

jacomo
13-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Across government all sorts of contingencies and next level response is being discussed. Many of these aren’t fully worked out yet and obviously haven’t yet been put into place.

If might just be NHS Scotland have asked if space might be made available, for example for testing centres, and it hasn’t gone much further than that yet?

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Wow. This is unreal.

Earlier today, I said to my mate in Edinburgh that it was like we were at war.

He replied, "We are". He's right.

BILLYHIBS
14-03-2020, 06:17 AM
Well said Leeann

Good interview

Uncharted waters

Keith_M
14-03-2020, 08:46 AM

I'd imagine that there was nothing specific but that the club were making it clear that they are willing to allow it to be used for whatever is felt necessary.

I'd imagine that's the viewpoint of most, if not all, clubs.

jacomo
15-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Wow. This is unreal.

Earlier today, I said to my mate in Edinburgh that it was like we were at war.

He replied, "We are". He's right.

Budge is going to demand Hearts get relegated this week in order to avoid any messy arguments with Dundee Utd.

It’s a nod towards the magnificent self-sacrifice the Famous are known for.