PDA

View Full Version : Train refunds for cancelled matches

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Some good news if any of you have train tickets for upcoming games.

LNER are issuing refunds for any journeys not taken if an an event you were due to attend has been cancelled because of coronavirus. They are not deducting the £10 per ticket administration fee which is particularly good because most people book 2 singles rather than a return.

I don't know if the other franchises have adopted the same policy.

Tambo
13-03-2020, 01:19 PM
I found out games was postponed as soon as I got to Peterborough station, got on the phone and lucky enough was told full refund to be paid within 10-14 days but the travelodge at Camerontoll would not give me a refund.

grunt
13-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Some good news if any of you have train tickets for upcoming games.

LNER are issuing refunds for any journeys not taken if an an event you were due to attend has been cancelled because of coronavirus. They are not deducting the £10 per ticket administration fee which is particularly good because most people book 2 singles rather than a return.

I don't know if the other franchises have adopted the same policy.Can you please let us know where you heard this? The LNER FAQ says no refunds if you choose not to travel.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Can you please let us know where you heard this? The LNER FAQ says no refunds if you choose not to travel.

I've been refunded for this weekend's journeys.

I called them and said, "I'm guessing you know what I'm going to ask". He said "Yes, I imagine so. We're refunding all journeys when events have been cancelled due to coronavirus".

0345 722 5333 👍

grunt
13-03-2020, 02:30 PM
I've been refunded for this weekend's journeys.

I called them and said, "I'm guessing you know what I'm going to ask". He said "Yes, I imagine so. We're refunding all journeys when events have been cancelled due to coronavirus".

0345 722 5333 👍Thanks! My events haven't been cancelled yet but I'm expecting them to be ...

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 02:33 PM
He told me to claim it back but to say that the journey isn't needed anymore because of the Coronavirus.

However, I called back because I couldn't find the bookings in my LNER account.

She took the transaction number, found the booking and she actually processed the refund while I was on the phone.

I then received this email;

Thank you for contacting LNER Customer Services on 13/03/2020

Prior to our phone call, have a lovely weekend and sorry again!

20S6I6S9J5 14/3/20

20RF99BC5F - refund reference

20S6PB031M 13/3/20

20RZXVFC1S - refund refence

Yours sincerely,

Niomi Bell

Customer Services

London North Eastern Railway

Tel: 03457 225 333

Tambo
13-03-2020, 03:43 PM
I made 3 different bookings a return and 2 singles through trainline.com, lucky enough my first journey from Peterborough to york was cancelled so was gonna get the next train but news about the postponement came in.

I got on the phone straight away and they had no issues giving me full refund on every booking and the travelodge have kept me a provisional booking I can use until 18.01.2021.

If we are back up and running by then.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 03:59 PM
I made 3 different bookings a return and 2 singles through trainline.com, lucky enough my first journey from Peterborough to york was cancelled so was gonna get the next train but news about the postponement came in.

I got on the phone straight away and they had no issues giving me full refund on every booking and the travelodge have kept me a provisional booking I can use until 18.01.2021.

If we are back up and running by then.

That's good to hear about the Travelodge. I've got several hotel bookings in the next couple of months, all of which are non-refundable obviously, so I'm hoping that something similar will be agreed for me.

Brummie_Hibs
13-03-2020, 04:53 PM
No flight refunds offered (so far) for Scotland playoff game in Glasgow.(Easyjet)

I also took a punt on the final against Norway in Oslo. (Ryanair).

Glad I didn't book up semi-final now.The Hearts result made me think twice....

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 04:56 PM
No flight refunds offered (so far) for Scotland playoff game in Glasgow.(Easyjet)

EasyJet have waived their fee for changing flight until further notice.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2020, 05:03 PM

Ryanair have waived charges until the 29th. Difficult part is when to rebook for

the pie eater
13-03-2020, 05:06 PM
EasyJet have waived their fee for changing flight until further notice.

Avanti trains are giving refunds. Though taking the £10 admin fee.

grunt
14-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Avanti trains are giving refunds. Though taking the £10 admin fee.

Coronavirus Travel Information | Avanti West CoastThe latest travel information and updates concerning the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.avantiwestcoast.co.uk (https://t.co/PDenvGzstv?amp=1)

Avanti Info: To help customers wishing to change their travel plans during the current coronavirus outbreak, we have removed the admin fee on Advance ticket changes and are offering full refunds, without an admin fee, on all other ticket types.

the pie eater
14-03-2020, 02:42 PM
Coronavirus Travel Information | Avanti West CoastThe latest travel information and updates concerning the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.avantiwestcoast.co.uk (https://t.co/PDenvGzstv?amp=1)

Mate had the admin fee deducted from our pre booked trains yesterday. I'll let him know things have changed and see if he can get the admin fee back. Cheers for your update.

HairyMM
15-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Was due to travel to London in April with family using LNER on advance tickets.Booked via Trainline who yesterday confirmed LNER had agreed to full refunds for passengers who were simply electing not to travel. Advised to snap their hands off. Immediate refunds back to my paypal account .....Premier Inn have done exactly the same thing for hotel....every cloud 👍🇳🇬